PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Bob Memory?

GabbyMom
04-28-2008, 06:30 PM
I loved how Bob helped WildOscar find a hotel room during the Great Pete Hunt.

How about you?

amyhughes
04-28-2008, 06:41 PM
I was just sitting here thinking about this very thing.

I would have to say what had me was the Dole Whip incident. Showing up with four empty cups and playing it all along like he was going to give each of them a Dole Whip was hysterical!

Tonya2426
04-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Two of my favorite Bob memories are the cooler full of the empty Dole Whip cups and his Star Wars weekend video.

I got to meet Bob at the PodMeet this past December but I actually sat and talked to Diana for a good while. She told me the story of how she and Bob over the CB radio. It was very sweet. :love: She also told me how much Bob loved their little dog and in my book that made Bob even more special.

msteddom
04-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Si si monsieur! Need I say more?

Melissa

DVCsince02
04-28-2008, 06:43 PM
I really enjoyed meeting Bawb at the 2nd PodCast meet in December. He was very warm and friendly, and loved showing off his holiday decorated Kaht.

I'm glad we met.

Northern_Julie
04-28-2008, 06:44 PM
I think Bob promising to send that little girl his Christopher Robin pin on the last show. It was telling of his big heart.

ghost1000
04-28-2008, 06:45 PM
It would have to be the empty dole whip cups - next time we go to WDW we will have a dole whip in honor of Bob.

We also had a chance to meet him at the podcast meet in December - I didn't get a pic of him unfortunately but here is my wife and son with "da bawb kaht"

http://www.ukeland.com/funny/Picture%2052.jpg

cocowum
04-28-2008, 06:45 PM
His 4th of July Segment. :goodvibes

rlduvall
04-28-2008, 06:47 PM
I think Bob promising to send that little girl his Christopher Robin pin on the last show. It was telling of his big heart.

Don't you mean Will Robinson? I am so sad right now and yet I never met him face to face. My DH can't understand why I am bawling my eyes out over this . . . but I am. :sad1:

rlduvall
04-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Interventions was priceless.

JFrey4240
I just liked how he seemed so personable. From listening to the podcasts, he really enjoyed meeting listeners and loved being in the parks. That is cool!

NWOhioAngela
It would have to be the empty dole whip cups - next time we go to WDW we will have a dole whip in honor of Bob.

I see your Dole whip and raise you a Mojeeeto

wildeoscar
04-28-2008, 06:49 PM
cooler of empty dole whips!
http://lh5.ggpht.com/rmumea/R_LsHQoF7-I/AAAAAAAAALU/HAUDkMm9Pqk/s800/Bawb.JPG
still crying

scarlett873
04-28-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm so sad that I never got the chance to meet Bob face to face, but I feel as if I know him and that he's always been a part of my life...odd...I know...He reminds me of my father! Opinionated and proud.

My favorite memories would have to be the Dole Whip incident...si si monsieur...and mo-gee-toe, anyone?

Bawb, this one's for you! :drinking1 (closest smilie I could come up with for a mo-gee-toe!)

Dr. David Q. Dawson
04-28-2008, 06:53 PM
I will never forget Bob's 'creative' use of the English language. I've never heard anything quite like it.

What a great guy. He will be missed

WaltD4Me
04-28-2008, 06:55 PM
still crying

Me too.

Okay...3...2...1...

Disneybridein2k3
empty dole whip cups
mo-jee-toes
Si si monsieur
all of the emails that praise Bob - Bob for president!
the far end of the parking lot for the shuttle launches
legendary naps
Elephant Poop, Rakiki's, & Cheeters
Pig poop bingo

just thinking about the boot and kart cam....still crying too :sad1:
too soon now but look forward to laughing through tears remembering the great Bob moments

Tonya2426
There will definetly have to be a Mo-gee-toe Toast to our beloved Bawb on the Podcast Cruise.

IWISHFORDISNEY
04-28-2008, 06:56 PM
The empty cooler of Dole whips and the Contemp Video. Still crying here too.

chirurgeon
04-28-2008, 07:03 PM
What can I say. Interventions, EVC, Mogeetos, Celebrations, Dole Whip, (pauses). So many things. Every time I think I am finished crying for the friend I never met face to face, I just read something else from my other friends I have never met face to face. While I have never drank Mogeetos before, I think we all will have to raise a mogeeto to Bob when we are on the cruise.:drinking1 . :grouphug: to all of us.

Kim

simonkodousek
04-28-2008, 07:04 PM
I will never forget Bob's voice; 'mojeetos' was my favorite....

We'll miss you Bawb... :sad1:

sanapunk
04-28-2008, 07:08 PM
All the Bawb memories are helping this Kahtkateer smile through the tears!

"They took away the pineapple too? I used to go for the shrimp and the pineapple!!"

abish19
04-28-2008, 07:09 PM
I loved the whole idea of Kaht Kam. Bob deserved his fame!

Thanks for posting that picture, WildeOscar...I'm still crying along with you, though I never met Bob.

safetymom
04-28-2008, 07:10 PM
I have lots of Bob memories. My daughter thought I was crazy when I would get excited when I would see him in the parks. She got the chance to meet him in Animal Kingdom last week. Now she understands.

mandymommy4
04-28-2008, 07:11 PM
mo-gee-toes
star wars weekend, especially running into the auto doors:)
last but not least, interventions! I ask to go there some days.

Thanks Bawb for the laughs! Not sure how the podcast will ever be the same with out Kaht Kam , empty Dole Whip cups, and the hijacking of others segments. :sad1:

Tonya2426
04-28-2008, 07:13 PM
On each of my trips to the World, I always decorate my door/window for whatever we are celebrating that trip - a birthday, the various hard ticket events, or the fests.

The only design I used ever trip was my Bawb sign:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w98/Tonya2426/Disney%20Signs/LimeGreenDisHead.jpg

safetymom
04-28-2008, 07:19 PM
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n229/safetymom52/podcastmeet_0003_edited-1.jpg

cocowum
04-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Thanks for posting the pic, safetymom. :goodvibes Bawb, his trophies and the boot. :lovestruc

I'm still crying.:sad1:

tinkerbellblondie19
04-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Oh gosh...mojeetos, dole whips, interventions, Bawb for president...and my favorite of all, the Costaguatamexirican immigrants :]

I'll miss him :(

safetymom
04-28-2008, 07:26 PM
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n229/safetymom52/OsborneLights2007044.jpg

sanapunk
04-28-2008, 07:27 PM
They need to put the kaht in the smithsonian!

TSWJan78
04-28-2008, 07:29 PM
I have to say one of my favortie Bawb things was how everyone on this board stood up for him.... I loved all of his quirky ways that everyone picked on and the way this board embraced him. Being from right outside of Boston I felt conneced to Bawb like a neighbor and cannot belive this sad new....

One of my favorite memories was his blog and video of the night space shuttle launch...

He would have made a great president!!!

CamColt
04-28-2008, 07:32 PM
I laughed at many of the Bobisms, but the one that had me literaly busting out laughing was recently. When they were saying to spell out your email address clearly when leaving a voicemail, explaining how f sounds like s and b sounds like d, then Bob came out with "A sounds like B". :rotfl: :confused3

Oh Bob, the podcast will not be the same without you.:sad2:

polineedyan
04-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Around Christmastime, we decided that come help or high water, we were going to disney in june. My research was a blank slate, driven by the disney website. Thru the youtube broadcasts and ultimately the podcasts (pawdcasts) I got a lot more info. It really is a shame sometimes how fast people, good people, come and go from our lives never to be seen again.
My memories are limited, because I just came around. By my favorite is the youtube, bawb kaht vids. Seeing him dip and dive in and out of people, like "look out, buddy" was my favorite. That and the stroller rental..

disneycruise05
04-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Is it possible to pick just one? Heck, even a half a dozen favorite Bawb moment? There are just so many. Disneybride's post indicated just a few of the great Bawb memories that we will always have.

Mo-gee-toes, dole whip trash, space shuttle viewing tips, napping tips, Costaguatamexirico, Interventions, Bawb for President, Star Wars Wekends, KahtKahm, and so much more.

Rest in peace Bawb, you will be forever missed. :sad1:

drakethib
04-28-2008, 07:36 PM

Yup.

:sad1:

scarlett873
04-28-2008, 07:38 PM
They can't hit ya!

:(

kab407
04-28-2008, 07:39 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting Bob last year at Food and Wine. He was zipping thru Moracco taking pictures. He stopped and chatted for a bit with my Mom and myself. I asked if I could get a picture with him. He invited me to sit on Kaht Kam making sure the boot got in the shot. He mentioned our meeting on a few of the Podcasts, including one where I was overseas. I was not having a good trip and really wanted to get home. Hearing him mention our meeting was like hearing from a good friend who calls you at just the right moment. I am going to miss you dear friend.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w103/kab407/IMG_0139-1.jpg[/IMG]

BeamsofLight
04-28-2008, 07:39 PM
My husband left on a business trip today, and I literally spent the better part of last night loading his iPod with Podcasts that I thought he - as a Disney fan but not someone -super- interested in all things Disney - would enjoy. Most of those were episodes that Bob, and Bobisms, had made particularly memorable. :goodvibes

I think my favorite will always be mojeetoes. That was the podcast that made me laugh so hard I finally had to explain to my coworkers what I was listening to, and as a result found out one of them was a 'theme park person' too. I'd never have guessed, and we have a lot more to talk about now, all 'cause I couldn't stop laughing then. Just like I can't stop crying now. :sad1:

GabbyMom
04-28-2008, 07:48 PM
They can't hit ya!

My last few days of my old job I finally got to tell some people what I thought of them. I was inspired by Bawb. My friends would ask me if I had just said whatever, I would respond "A wise man told me, They can't Hit ya!" :worship:

3DisneyKids
04-28-2008, 07:52 PM
In the same segment as the mo-gee-tos, when he kept trying to explain the layout of Rix..."they have little sitting areas, all grouped together..."

Still just shocked and saddened.

paperdoll1986
04-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Just reading these memories and hearing many of them in my head is simply breaking my heart.

Just today I was watching the youtube video of our Sleeping Bootie with the voice-over from the show of the crew ribbing him about taking naps and his response of "Shut up!". It was as forceful as he's ever sounded but still, it was pure Bawb.

it's so hard to think of anything specific. What come to mind is "Grimas" instead of Grinchmas. I just loved how it sound, it seemed like a better option.

Bob was one of the reasons I kept listening to the show. The Boston accent has always been so comforting to me, back from childhood, because my first favorite band was from Boston. Bob's voice was actually comforting to me in that sense. Bless you, Bawb.

I honestly cannot fathom this sadness. As many have said, it hits us all so hard to lose a friend. But he is now with all of us, even those who didn't get to meet him. When you go to a Disney park, Bob is there, napping.

WaltD4Me
04-28-2008, 07:55 PM
I just didn't know what to do with myself, couldn't concentrate on anything on TV, so I am listening to the Jan 8th podcast, yes the Mo-jee-tos one. I wasn't sure I would be able to, but it helped a little, I couldn't help but smile a bit through my tears.

"It is healthy and honorable to weep at the loss of someone we love. Healthy because such passion must be released. Honorable because it is respectful to admit the importance of people you have loved...people whose footprints cannot ever be matched." Maya Angelou

Ariel70
04-28-2008, 08:00 PM
My favorite memory comes from the first podcast I ever listened to....Dole Whips!

It was when I was listening to this podcast and hearing Bob's enthusiasm that I decided that I just HAD to try one for this first time.

I did. They are as good as you said, Bob.

willis37862
04-28-2008, 08:24 PM
I was just sitting here thinking about this very thing.

I would have to say what had me was the Dole Whip incident. Showing up with four empty cups and playing it all along like he was going to give each of them a Dole Whip was hysterical!

The Dole Whips were priceless. Classic Bob and just one more reason he will be greatly missed! My other favorite was the episode when he brought his trophy with him. Every time I listen to that episode I laugh till my sides hurt.

elemusing
04-28-2008, 08:33 PM
I really am going to miss the thought of Bob participating in the Muddy Buddy race.

And of course, the first thing I thought of was the MoJeeToes episode.

And the bathroom blog was exceptional. :goodvibes

I miss you already Bawb. The podcast will not be the same without you.

sanapunk
04-28-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm listening to the 7/10/07 podcast and I love how Bawb tried to invent his own quotes:

"It's gonna be hot as ocean front property in Panama." :lmao:

DVCJones
04-28-2008, 08:37 PM
I like the video of Bob sleeping in a chair. You actually think it is a still clip until his phone rings and wakes him up. I think it is called Sleeping Bootie.

lorax123
04-28-2008, 08:39 PM
DW and I just can't believe the news. We were just listening to the email show Saturday and it's unbelivable how it went from hearing Bob joking around to this. It's very sad, we were really hoping to get a chance to meet Bob on our next trip. The 'cast just will be so different without him. It's going to be tough to listen to the next time they get together. It's hard to believe he's gone.

It seems like he really enjoyed his life, working with Pete and the gang, going on cruises, being at the parks all the time and meeting all his fans. I'm glad he got the chance to enjoy himself and do what he really wanted to do.

There are just too many Bob moments to pick. But, the week Pete was out and Will was filling in, at least Bob finally had someone he could pick on! It was fun hearing him get in a few jabs on the new guy.

He's really going to be missed.

cdfl30
04-28-2008, 08:39 PM
I am relatively new to the podcast, I started listening back in February. The first episode I ever listened to was the Sea World discussion where Bob was going on about the "Carpet matching the drapes". I nearly died laughing and have been hooked to the podcast ever since. He will be greatly missed :(

MODisFan
04-28-2008, 08:49 PM
The sticker on the front of Bob's Kaht Kam says it all...

Hedy
04-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Mogeetoes. And anytime he got Bob fan club e-mails.
I'm also sad for what memories aren't going to happen on the cruise.

paperdoll1986
04-28-2008, 08:57 PM
There are just too many Bob moments to pick. But, the week Pete was out and Will was filling in, at least Bob finally had someone he could pick on! It was fun hearing him get in a few jabs on the new guy.

He's really going to be missed.

I think you have a considerable point there. Do you notice how some people honestly, almost wait until they finish something in their life? Maybe that was Bob's moment there, he got to turn the tables, and his "mission" was complete...

I hate to think of it that way....but it's actually comforting that he just got that moment he's been waiting for.

kimbac3
04-28-2008, 09:00 PM
I liked when he had Pete thinking (at least for a couple of minutes) that he actually had Susan Lucci's autograph.

So many funny moments...pig poop was another classic

He will be missed:sad1:

Kimba

NWOhioAngela
04-28-2008, 09:01 PM
My DD just called home from college and ask me why I was sad. I told her about Bob, and she said "Oh no! Not the cart dude!"

Bob Varley--Cart dude.

CelticBelle
04-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Ive listened for a long time but was just listening to old shows, and catching up since december. I had just listened to the curtains matching the drapes and the hard wood floors.:lmao: I was only a few episodes further when I heard them talking about the podcast forum and remembered that Im never on this forum. I actually wanted to join people in the Bawb fan club!

It feels a little like fate made me come to this forum today randomly. Needless to say I was distraught earlier and cant even listen anymore.

I think my favorite Bob moment was the dole whips! or all the poop references. But there are so many great moments...its really hard to choose one. Like the star wars weekend video with the stormtrooper. Oh...Java the hut!

JenEeyore
04-28-2008, 09:13 PM
I love to listen to the "Bawb-isms" on the show - they are usually what gets me to laugh out loud when I'm on the bus listening on my ipod. He would be getting picked on for whatever he had just said and would just keep on going - "yah whatever". Always a good sport!

I finally got to meet Bob briefly in person on our trip last month - saw Kahtcam at Epcot on opening day of Flower & Garden Festival. Just a really nice guy.

He will be greatly missed by family, friends, the DIS, the Podcast fans and Dreams Unlimited!!

:sad:

firemanx
04-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Bob was so good @ taking the good natured Ribbing he recieved from his fellow podsquad members, and il always remember that about him. His quotes were great, and his whole personality. This is a sad sad day for the DIS community.

wishspirit
04-28-2008, 09:23 PM
They can't hit ya!

That one set me off again :sad1:

There are too many to count, but to think i tried my first Mojeeeto on Saturday for Bob, i can't believe it.

I only read his Simpsons blog this morning.....

daneenm
04-28-2008, 09:29 PM
My lasting memories will be of empty dole whip containers, mo-jee-toes, Dianer (just like my Dad talks) and the great joy he seemed to find in the WildeOscar hunt. I think the thing is that he just seemed to find great joy in everything.

My daughter and I just finished the e-mail show on the way home tonight. It seems like he was 'just with us.'

--Daneen

peacelovemickey
04-28-2008, 09:40 PM
I just loved the way he spoke. I loved the mo-gee-tos, I loves how even though he may not have read an email on the show, sometimes he would call or get ahold of the person somehow to still answer the question. I love the picture of Harold. I enjoyed his blogs....I could go on and on..... Just this Sat. I was listening to the email show while grocery shopping and I can tell you where in the store I was when I heard Bob say he was going to send that little girl the Christopher Robin pin. Oh what a sad day!

robertgp124
04-28-2008, 09:57 PM
There was an email a while back, I can't remember when. Bob couldn't pronounce the town, and he just said America. The riff from that was so funny. And the mo-gee-toes. And all of the stories that Pete would share with us about Bob. When the crew talked about Gay Days at Disney last year, Bob was absolutely hilarious. There are so many memories...

tinkbutt
04-28-2008, 10:03 PM
I loved the pig poop segment :sad1:

GOOFY4LIFE
04-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Got to go with the Dole Whips.

dwelty
04-28-2008, 10:21 PM
One word.... Mojeeto Funniest podcast I ever listened to.

lttlmc3
04-28-2008, 10:24 PM
Mojeetos and interventions. I've been sitting here crying at work. God bless Bob. Where he is now, it's Disney World everywhere.

PrincessNED
04-28-2008, 10:25 PM
Very telling of the man, that one of the last things he did was bring magic to a child and share one of his Christopher Robins pins.

A true loss to this world.

Bob, May you walk the parks with Walt forever.

djlexus
04-28-2008, 11:01 PM
I loved it when he was talking about Grand fiesta tour having him trying to pronounce the names of the characters was priceless. I still laugh to this day every time I pass by. He will defiantly be missed its kinda hard to find a place at the parks that doesn't remind u of Bob. I will keep everybody in my prayers and if there is anything we can learn from bob is to live life to the fullest and eat a lot of dole whips.

paperdoll1986
04-28-2008, 11:03 PM
Bob, May you walk the parks with Walt forever.

Amen

happy2go2wdwmom
04-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Delete, Delete, Delete!

The way he talked about his family...you could really feel how much he loved and admired Dianar and Brian and his whole family....

When it was outed that Bawb had more Disney paraphenalia than any other Podcast Crew member (but of course!).

The fact that he took time to personally answer my WDW trip planning questions.

His vidoe tours of MK.

The fact that Bob never tired of going to the parks.

His podcast pauses.

Star Wars Weekends video.

Any of the Podcast crew's reactions to anything he said.

Caht cam t-shirts.

The fact that he answered my nosy question about what was wrong with his ankle.

Too many to mention.

choirboy501
04-28-2008, 11:31 PM
Mojeetoes.

In honor of Bob, Pete should make one Kaht Kam report. :thumbsup2

concept5123
04-28-2008, 11:39 PM
there is not one thing that sticks out. everything he did was great he was just a really great man and good at heart.... the dole whip, the mojeetos, kahat kam. everything.

WaltD4Me
04-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Was it only yesterday that Kevin posted the entire podcast crew all going to see Wicked together? It's somehow comforting to know that they were all together yesterday having a good time.

IHeartTink04
04-28-2008, 11:50 PM
Amen

I second that Amen!

I still can't believe this.

I will miss every memory about him.

GabbyMom
04-29-2008, 12:39 AM
Was it only yesterday that Kevin posted the entire podcast crew all going to see Wicked together? It's somehow comforting to know that they were all together yesterday having a good time.

thats what I was thinking too

paperdoll1986
04-29-2008, 01:42 AM
At least he passed with that so close behind him. He was in a time where he was doing what he loved, and with people he obviously cared about very much.

A lot of people don't get that kind of opportunity, and I thank God such a special soul got that, and we recieved the benefits.

I keep checking back, almost hoping to hear he is with us still, that this all has not happened.:sad2: :sad1:

happy2go2wdwmom
04-29-2008, 06:34 AM
The podcasts and the world will never be the same again.

I can't help but to wonder what was wrong with Bob in the end. Julie had mentioned last week that he was under the weather. It was horrific to hear that his wife found him, but comforting to know that the podcast crew and his family are gathering around her to provide support.

I have never listened to podcasts before and never attached to any online group like this--it is odd, because I am not sure how to grieve. At first I disliked this thread because I thought it was just too soon to post, but then I realized it was a way for us to grieve and to memorialize him.

Okay another memory is Club Bob, and also the way he was really upset that listeners worried about and didn't get that the constant razzing the crew gave him was all part of his fun!

dpuck1998
04-29-2008, 07:03 AM
I'll always remember club bob also :-)

To echo another comment, this is the first/only podcast I listen to and the first/only board I post on. I never felt an online connection enough to want to be part of such a community. This one was easy. A great group of people that all share a love for something so great. Fighting thru the tears since I'm at work anytime I want to smile I think of this, Bob sitting and talking to Walt about all things Disney! God Bless him and dole whips all around!!

UrsulasShadow
04-29-2008, 07:14 AM
Dole Whips, Moe-gee-toes, having him read/play BOTH my e-mails/voicemails on the podcast, and meeting his family and him at the December Podmeet...he gave me an extra pin because I liked them so much. He took me around and introduced me to Will.
I was so looking forward to seeing him again on the cruise. I will definitely be lifting my moegeetoe to him there.

crazydisneyman
04-29-2008, 07:28 AM
Bawb was Disney to all of us! He brought that spirit to us, and he truly loved what he did. As I sit and contemplate what has happened, I am thankful for the fact that Bawb was able to live his dream. He often told us that he loved to meet people in the parks, and that he loved to be in the parks each time he went.

I am grateful that we were able to experience Bawb's spirit through the podcast. He brought that wealth of knowledge and his own bit of humor that made us all better people for knowing him. Diana and Brian, please know that he made such a difference in so many lives. He will be greatly missed. Please let us know if we can do anything for you.

I remember the dole whips, MoJeeToes, Curtains Match the Drapes, Kaht Kam, adding R's to everything, and I could go on and on ....

We mourn him, but we must celebrate his life. He would want it that way, I believe. I will always treasure those podcasts. He still endures through them, and they stand as a great legacy of his spirit.

Diana and Brian, may God continue to hold you and comfort you, and know that many are praying for you.

Chris Walthers

ms*mountaineer
04-29-2008, 07:49 AM
There will definetly have to be a Mo-gee-toe Toast to our beloved Bawb on the Podcast Cruise.

I was thinking the exact same thing!

My favorite podcast was the Mo-jee-tos. And I think the sweetest one was when he said he would send that little girl a Christopher Robin pin. How cute was that??

DVC Kathy
04-29-2008, 07:56 AM
Dole Whips, Train Wrecks, MoGeeToes, Interventions, Bob for President, "French" Chef....they just go on and on.

Kathy

ead79
04-29-2008, 07:59 AM
I became a big Unplugged fan relatively recently, but I loved the moegeetoes and "si si monsieur." I laughed so hard my sides hurt! Bob will be missed, and prayers are with Diana, Brian, and the podcast team.

BillM99999
04-29-2008, 08:39 AM
My favorite memory comes from the first podcast I ever listened to....Dole Whips!

This was the first podcast to which I ever listened as well :rotfl:

It's good that we have these positive memories to keep him alive in our hearts.

luna99
04-29-2008, 08:49 AM
When you go to a Disney park, Bob is there, napping.

I love this, thank you. :grouphug:

Renysmom
04-29-2008, 08:53 AM
Is it not fitting that our last hearing of Bawb on the podcast is of him giving a little girl his Christopher Robin pin and talking about/to Anthony.

He spread the magic till the very last moment and I will always remember him for this.

saturday97
04-29-2008, 09:03 AM
My favorite Bob moment was on the anniversary show, when he described his stressful position as a grocery store manager. I thought it was so wonderful that he was able to move to Orlando and do things that he loved.

calypso*a*go-go
04-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Of course, my favorite memory was when Bawb read my son's e-mail about renting personal watercraft several months after we'd taken the trip. The crew gave him such a razzing over that...DS and I were both giggling the whole time we were listening to it. Just thinking about it makes me smile (and that's a very good thing today). :goodvibes

SamIAm21
04-29-2008, 10:03 AM
Is it not fitting that our last hearing of Bawb on the podcast is of him giving a little girl his Christopher Robin pin and talking about/to Anthony.

He spread the magic till the very last moment and I will always remember him for this.

Totally fitting. I thought it was so sweet of Bob to offer her that pin for free, especially since the little girl was so willing to save for whatever length of time it would take to purchase it from Bob.

My favorite memories of Bob are the Dole Whips. It was even mentioned again this past week when Julie was mentioning drinking the saki and bringing home the "empty monogrammed cups" for the family in Scotland.

How about all that really small, gray print so he could save money on his ink cartridges. He was such a funny guy!

Madi100
04-29-2008, 10:53 AM
My favorite memory is just Bob. I loved everything about him. I loved how he mispronounced things and still tried to say them anyway. I loved how he did a lot of research for the shows and brought his stack of papers that had been highlighted. I loved how much he cared about all of the people sitting around him. Most of all, my favorite thing about listening to Bob is that he still got the magic and it was great to hear him share it.

disneycruise05
04-29-2008, 11:15 AM
One thing that I'm certain of is that when I get to WDW next week, I'm getting a cobb salad at the Brown Derby, sushi at Tokyo Dining, and plenty of dole whips in memory of Bob.

Pinky166
04-29-2008, 11:24 AM
My favorite memory is just Bob. I loved everything about him. I loved how he mispronounced things and still tried to say them anyway. I loved how he did a lot of research for the shows and brought his stack of papers that had been highlighted. I loved how much he cared about all of the people sitting around him. Most of all, my favorite thing about listening to Bob is that he still got the magic and it was great to hear him share it.

I totally agree with you.

He was one of a kind! I loved the way they all teased him but you knew that deep down he loved it and even set himself up for the ribbing.

As for the empty dole whips....I laughed so hard that day I almost pee'd my pants!

RIP Bawb. Gone but never forgotten.

Blue Skies
04-29-2008, 11:27 AM
So many "bawb-isms" are part of our family's lexicon now. My son even says "Delete! Delete! Delete!".

I loved the picture of Bawb in the bikini!

I loved Bawb's sense of humor and his kind heart towards others. He will be missed! :hug:

astrodrummergirl
04-29-2008, 11:31 AM
All of the previously mentioned....and...

Bawb trying to describe the Happy cow advert on last weeks podcast, to the point I had to find it on youtube....

Happy Cow Race (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7HRF-BhUto&feature=related)

okaybye
04-29-2008, 11:55 AM
I'll always remember club bob also :-)

To echo another comment, this is the first/only podcast I listen to and the first/only board I post on. I never felt an online connection enough to want to be part of such a community. !

I'm the same way. And I miss him already so much more than is explainable. My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends... and all of us to help support one another and the PodSquad...

cocowum
04-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Dole Whips, Train Wrecks, MoGeeToes, Interventions, Bob for President, "French" Chef....they just go on and on.

Kathy

Remember when he brought in the train for the train wreck sound effects...:rolleyes: (laughing through my tears.):sad1:

2wins
04-29-2008, 12:53 PM
I love how he mispronounced everything! I was in my car waiting to pick my kids up, and laughing so hard that tears were actually rolling down my face when Bawb said "Si, Si, Monsieur". I am so sad that he won't be wearing his speedo on the cruise! I can't imagine the show will ever be the same!

scarlett873
04-29-2008, 01:15 PM
As I was plating some cookies here at work, I had a flash of an image and started to giggle. I had a vision of "scary guy parade"...what those people must have been thinking as he scooted by...:rotfl:

:guilty:

DSNY4ever
04-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Yes I loved the scary guy parade in the Star Wars video. So funny...and do you notice that they pass someone who is video taping him? They must have thought it was funny too :lmao:

The Star wars weekend video is by far my favorite...then the empty dole whip cups takes a close second.

I am glad to read these stories and laugh again because I truly cannot imagine the podcast without him. :hug: :thanks: Bob for all the laughs.

DisDarling
04-29-2008, 06:51 PM
"Mojitos" and just the sound of his voice was comforting, like an old friend.

"I can't cry hard enough, no I can't cry hard enough....." the song just keeps playing in my head.

I will miss you so much Bawb.

Amy P from WI

farmergirl
04-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Every Bawb moment was a special moment. He read my email about golf and said to contact him the next time we would be in town and we would go for a round. My husband and I were so excited and couldn't wait to finally meet Bawb. I was so excited i called my husband at his work. We would listen to the podcast every week and Bawb would bring lots of joy and laughs to our lives. We will miss him. Should we ever get a chance to golf at Disney we will be thinking of and missing Bawb! :sad1:

fav's=mets&mickey
04-29-2008, 07:30 PM
MY FAVORITE MOMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

OKLAHOMER-STILL CRACK UP AT THAT ONE

MO-GEE-TO'S:lmao:

THE DOLE WHIP HEIST:rotfl2:

THE PODCAST FROM JULY THAT PETE HAD TO TAKE OFF. THE COSTAGUATEMEXIRICO WITH THE F15'S.....ANYBODY WHO HEARD THE ORIGINAL WILL KNOW.

PETE ON THE LAST AND IN MEMORY OF BOB.....PLEASE ALLOW THOSE WHO HAVE NEVER HEARD IT TO ENJOY IT AND POST IT AND MANY OTHER OF HIS SEGMENTS AS A BEST OF BOB SERIES. THAT WOULD BE A FITTING TRIBUTE TO THE MAN AND HIS BOOT. WE LOVE YOU BOB.....FOREVER:hug:

lorax123
04-29-2008, 08:00 PM
I listened to a few old 'casts at work today. If you want to hear Pete say some great things about Bob, pop in the 10th anniversary show Podcast from June. It was nice hearing all the great things Pete had to say about him and what a great freind Bob is.
Also, listened to Part 2 of the best of the DIS. Had the Dole Whips, Star Wars weekend and Bobs review of the family magic tour. Does anyone remember Bob and the Dixie Butt?

willis37862
04-29-2008, 08:19 PM
MY FAVORITE MOMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

OKLAHOMER-STILL CRACK UP AT THAT ONE

I forgot about that!

timmac
04-30-2008, 08:23 AM
Several months ago, when I added a single day at the beginning of my (now over) Disney trip, I needed some advice on a cheap off-site hotel for a single night. Thinking I'd check Dreams Unlimited Travel, I found a phone number to call regarding exactly that. To my surprise, it was Bob--THE Bob-- who answered the phone. He explained that he was actually on a golf course at the time, working on his "Send Bob to the Parks" segment on area golfing. Nonetheless, he gave me a phone number to call, and the name of a person to talk with, and asked that I call him back later in the day to let him know how it went.

I ultimately left a message and got a call back not long after. After explaining that the first option wouldn't work, he offered several more, and talked with me a bit about driving directions from each property, and recommended hitting Earl of Sandwich if I stayed in a property close to Downtown Disney. When I thanked him, he asked "Wait! You're not going to ask about how golf went?"

This led to the most enjoyable hour long phone conversation I've ever had, about a sport I don't play, with a friend I'd never met. I learned the rules and nuances of Bob golf, as well as details on the best and worst courses in the area, costs, and just about everything else I would ever need to know. I'll forever remember that great memory of Bob.

parrotheadlois
04-30-2008, 09:08 AM
the words that will always be

Oklahomer
Dianer
Interventions
:flower3:

jamieT
04-30-2008, 09:22 AM
I have to say one of my favortie Bawb things was how everyone on this board stood up for him.... I loved all of his quirky ways that everyone picked on and the way this board embraced him. Being from right outside of Boston I felt conneced to Bawb like a neighbor and cannot belive this sad new....

One of my favorite memories was his blog and video of the night space shuttle launch...

He would have made a great president!!!

Me too. We loved this man and we did not want anyone ..even his dear friends teasing him!!!! He was so good natured.

The space shuttle launch was one of my favorites. Picturing him getting ready to defend his spot was just the best visual.... oh I just am sick, and sad and I just keep waiting and wishing the Podcast crew would say this has been a cruel joke. Our Bawb can't really be gone can he? This funny, kind delightful man who makes me laugh every week. This man who loves the topiaries, who power naps anywhere, who delights my son by showing him Star Wars weekend when he can't be there himself, this man.....He can't be gone.

And yet he is....

cocowum
04-30-2008, 10:06 AM
This led to the most enjoyable hour long phone conversation I've ever had, about a sport I don't play, with a friend I'd never met. I learned the rules and nuances of Bob golf, as well as details on the best and worst courses in the area, costs, and just about everything else I would ever need to know. I'll forever remember that great memory of Bob.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: ...:sad1:

What a great story. Thank you for sharing.

tinkbutt
05-01-2008, 11:17 PM
I am not sure if anyone has posted this yet there are a lot of posts to go through!!

today I went to HIGHLIGHT some thing and as soon as I picked up the highlighter I remembered the Email show where BOB was reading an email and said he had only highlighted the important parts and I believe julie pointed out he had highlighted EVERYTHING on the page!:rotfl:

we love you bob!