PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian - Couple of questions

wmdaddy
04-28-2008, 05:31 PM
I've never stayed there, but visited many times. We may end up switching our summer reservation over to there.

I love the Tambu Lounge, but notice it gets VERY crowded around dinner time at Ohana. What time does Ohana close and what time does Tambu close? I like the idea of just relaxing by the bar (or in the lounge area), having a drink after a long day at the parks. I'm afraid that we'll get over there any time after 8:00, and won't find an empty seat in the place.

Can anyone who has stayed there describe what the area is like throughout the evening?

simonkodousek
04-28-2008, 05:43 PM
We sat in the Tambu Lounge for relaxation, and it was excellent. The seats are comfortable, and the entertainment is great. We noticed that it got crowed around 9:00 PM, but emptied out pretty quickly at 9:30... I suspect people want to get good places on the beach to watch Wishes.

Anyway, it is an excellent way to spend an evening. :)

MsStinkerBelle
04-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Can anyone who has stayed there describe what the area is like throughout the evening?

Grand Central Station. :lmao: But really, the lounge with it's comfy chairs and those nice drinks plus a very talented singer makes for crazy-crowded conditions while 'Ohana is open. I purposely don't even go up the stairs on the side 'Ohana is on when I'm trying to get on the monorail.

But as the PP said, around 9:30 'Ohana empties out pretty quickly and Tambu Lounge is nice and peaceful again. They're open until midnight at least for drinks. The kitchen closes earlier.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup2

MickeyNicki
04-28-2008, 06:31 PM
We were there earlier this month...had 6:30 reservations for Ohana but we got there around 5 to a very crowded lobby. Got drinks from the Tambu Lounge, found some seats and chilled until 7 when we were finally called for dinner...the bar was still packed. Got done around 8:30 and it had cleared out ALOT...what a difference.

wmdaddy
04-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Yeah, that helps. Thanks.

How late does the Barefoot Bar stay open in the summer time?

Is there entertainment every night at Tambu, and how late does he play until?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
04-28-2008, 07:15 PM
When I stayed there in December it would get busy at 5:00 PM when Ohana would open for dinner and stay that way until 9:30 PM or 10:00 PM.

frdeb1999
04-28-2008, 07:42 PM
We've been in there as late as 11pm. It normally really slows down after 9pm. We love relaxing there after the parks too! :)