PDA

View Full Version : A very sad day -your thoughts and prayers are needed

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

WebmasterPete
04-28-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm sorry to have to tell everyone, but Bob Varley passed away this afternoon.

We postponed todays show because Bob wasn't feeling well, he thought he had food poisoning. When his wife Diana came home from work, she found him in their bedroom and he had apparently been dead for a few hours.

That's all we know right now - all of us are heading over to their house to be whatever comfort we can to Diana and Brian. I'll update everyone as we find out more, but I ask that you all please keep Diana, Brian and the rest of Bob's family in your thoughts and prayers.

We've all lost a wonderful friend - a friend whose presence can never be replaced, and whose memory I will hold close to my heart for the rest of my life.

Pete

UKDEB
04-28-2008, 05:54 PM
So sorry to hear this, Pete. Thank you for letting us know. I'll be keeping all his family and friends in my thoughts and prayers.

fakereadhed
04-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Bob will be missed by many including me. :sad1:

GabbyMom
04-28-2008, 05:55 PM
my thought and prayers are with Bob's family at home and here on the boards:flower3:

We'll all miss you Bob.:grouphug:

I never met Bob but I feel like a friend has died.

A persons absence on earth means there presence in heaven. :angel:

IWISHFORDISNEY
04-28-2008, 05:56 PM
OMG I dont even know what to say. I have never met him but it still feels like a good friend is gone. My hands are shaking as I type and I feel sick. God bless his family and the podcast team. If there is anything we can do for any of you please feel free to ask us. I will miss BAWB so much. I just cant even believe it is true. (((HUGS))) to the podcast family.

mommasita
04-28-2008, 05:56 PM
I am so sorry to hear this.

Prayers for the family :hug: :grouphug:

creativeamanda
04-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Prayers being lifted for his family now. I pray that peace surround them/

robertgp124
04-28-2008, 05:57 PM
This is a very sorry day indeed. My family's thoughts and prayers are with Diana and the entire Varley family, and with you and the rest of the podcast family as well. God bless Bob Varley.

Towncrier
04-28-2008, 05:58 PM
My prayers are with Bob's family and his friends. May he rest in peace.

jimmiej
04-28-2008, 05:59 PM
I never met Bob, but I felt like I knew him well. I'd hoped to to meet him someday. So sorry to hear this...:sad1:

KittyKitty
04-28-2008, 06:00 PM
I am so sorry for Bob and his family. And for all of you that were his great friends.

This is such a shock.

My prayers go out to all whose lives were touched by Bob.

How sad.

liznboys
04-28-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

BeamsofLight
04-28-2008, 06:01 PM
How awful. :sad1: My thoughts and prayers to his family, podcast family included. You'll be missed, Bob.

amyhughes
04-28-2008, 06:03 PM
My thoughts go to his family in this very sad time. He touched so many of us with his humor and love for all things Disney and DIS. My prayers and thoughts go to his family and to the Podcast crew, I know they have lost someone so special, as have we all.

I too never met Bawb, but I was looking forward to scouting for him on our upcoming trip to tell him how much we have enjoyed getting to know him via the Podcast and these boards. He was such a wonderful person and made me laugh so many times when by all accounts I should have been out for the duration.

We here are terribly saddened by this news and will make sure to keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers in the coming days.

winotracy
04-28-2008, 06:03 PM
I was very saddened to hear this. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Bob's family and the whole team. I know what Bob meant to all of you and all of us. :grouphug: :grouphug:

jacstangler
04-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Everyone: I am so sorry for Diana, Brian and the whole family. I was so
lucky to have met him in December and he was such a great guy. As with
the rest of the crew I felt like he was part of our family. I am shocked and
quite don't know what else to say. Thank you Bob for being part of our life
and our prayers are with everyone.

John

disneycruise05
04-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Dear Pete and gang,

I can't even begin to state how sad I am to hear this news. Bob was a huge part of what made the podcast and this forum a huge success. His personality and character were always so bright and cheerful that I knew he was a wonderful person. I can't convey how sorry I am for your loss of such a dear friend.

Please let Diana, Brian and the entire Varley family know that our thoughts and prayers will be with them through this incredibly difficult time.

I can just imagine that Bob is up in Heaven, riding on KahtKahm, lights ablaze, and a dole whip in each hand.

georgemoe
04-28-2008, 06:09 PM
OMG this is just awful. :sad1: Prayers out to the entire family and everyone at the entire podcast team.

chirurgeon
04-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Please pass on my condolences to Diana and the rest of Bob's family. And please know the podcast family also has my deepest condolences on the loss of your dear friend.

Kim

Regina
04-28-2008, 06:11 PM
I am heartbroken. Bawb would make me crazy sometimes, but you'd never find a kinder, gentler soul. What a sweet man and what a terrible loss.

I'm comforted knowing that through the DIS he will live on. Whether it's his mangling of certain words or Kaht Kam, he will always be with us.

I just can't believe my friend is gone. Love you Bawb!! May you rest in peace.

Tonya2426
04-28-2008, 06:13 PM
I am shocked to hear the news of Bob's death and can not even imagine the loss that the Podcasters are feeling, let alone Diana and Brian. As has been mentioned on serveral occassions, Bob was a beloved friend to you all and he will be missed by countless others who have gotten to know Bob through the Boards and the Podcast. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Varley family and the Podcasters during this difficult time.

Ottawacruiser
04-28-2008, 06:13 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you who were Bob's family.

... Mike

DVCsince02
04-28-2008, 06:15 PM
I am at a loss for words. My prayers are with the Podcast Crew and families.:hug:

Please give us an address where we can send cards.

amyhughes
04-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Yes. Even if it's a P.O. Box for Dreams Unlimited I know Parker and I would like to send something down.

IWISHFORDISNEY
04-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Please give us an address where we can send cards.

If you are accepting cards this would be appreciated.

Rellagirl
04-28-2008, 06:18 PM
How very sad. My condolences to his family and to the Podcast crew.

Rylee
04-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Prayers and hugs.:grouphug:

Jrabbit910
From our family- You are in our prayers.

SueEllen
Diana and Brian are in my prayers. I am at a loss for words.

Rest in peace my friend Bawb. :(

Sue Ellen

drakethib
04-28-2008, 06:20 PM
This doesn't seem real.

I feel like I lost a friend and I never met the guy.

Please let Diana know that our prayers are with her as well as with all of you.

He will be missed.

Verandah Man
04-28-2008, 06:20 PM
So sorry to hear this news, Bob's family will be in my thoughts and prayers.....:grouphug:

Rest In Peace Bob

Pinky166
04-28-2008, 06:21 PM
OMG...I am so shocked to hear this sad news. Please give my love and condolences to Diane and Brian and the rest of Bob's family.

Also my love to the whole team, I am sure you are all so upset to have lost such a dear friend. :grouphug:

RIP Bob. :angel:

Blue Skies
04-28-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm shocked.... :sad1:

I will keep Bob's family in my prayers. :grouphug:

GraceLuvsWDW
04-28-2008, 06:26 PM
I am truly shocked and saddened to hear this news.

He will be greatly missed by all those who were fortunate to have met him and all those who enjoyed his input on the podcast, the boards, and his love for all things Disney.

Heartfelt condolences to his family and the entire podcast team.

lovetoscrap
04-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Wow. I can't believe he's gone. :sad1: I can't believe his final nap came so soon. As a new scooter user he was such an inspiration to me. My heart, prayers and tears are with Bawb's family and friends. :grouphug:

EpcotLove
04-28-2008, 06:28 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

kimisabella
04-28-2008, 06:32 PM
I am so sorry to hear this - I always look forward to listening to Bob on the Podcast and was really looking forward to meeting him on the cruise. Thought and prayers go out to the family and the Podcast members.

NWOhioAngela
04-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Hugs to you all. I am so sorry for you loss.

eliza61
04-28-2008, 06:37 PM
My intitial reaction was "must be some other Bob". It absolutely cannot be my podcast "Bawb".

You all are in my prayers, the good people of the world truly leave us to soon.

lam712
04-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Please pass on my condolences to Diana, Brian and the entire Varley family and the Podcast crew. I feel like I have lost a member of my own family.

Bob always seemed to delight in the simple pleasures in the Disney parks- often they were attractions many would overlook. He will be missed greatly.

disneynutz
04-28-2008, 06:38 PM
I never had the pleasure of meeting Bob face to face. Through the pod casts and videos, I really felt like I knew him as we do all of the pod cast team. My wife has said several times that he is someone that I would like to be friends with. He seems warm, friendly, humorous and caring. We enjoyed his trips around the parks and the friendly bawb banter during the pod casts. He will truly be missed.

wildeoscar
04-28-2008, 06:38 PM
I am speechless, and crying... my condolences.

Rob&Jan
04-28-2008, 06:40 PM
We are truly shocked, I spoke to Bob on Friday and was going to play golf with him this week. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and with the podcast team. It is a very sad day, he will be missed.

Rob & Jan Skinner

paperdoll1986
04-28-2008, 06:41 PM
I can't even believe this. I never got to meet Bob, but my heart is just broken at this loss.

My prayers go out to the Varley family and the podcast crew. This is truly one of those days when someone special has left this world.

God Bless you Bawb, you have left an indelible mark on those who heard you.

:sad1:

kab407
04-28-2008, 06:41 PM
I am shocked.

I had the pleasure of meeting Bob last year at Food and Wine and then at the Dec 6th Podcast Meet. I don't how else to describe Bob other then a true gentleman. He was that friendly voice that I so needed to hear on a business trip.

My thoughts and prayers to Diana, the Varley family and Bob's DIS family.

Kelsie
04-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Bob was one of the first people I met from the DIS many years ago. He was a thoughtful man with a true love for Disney. Through the tears, right now I’m remembering the time we spent in Southern California with him and Diana many years ago and how my daughter who was only about 5 still remembers the fun she had with him at Knots Berry Farm.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Diana, his family and all those who he touched in his lifetime.

This is truly a sad day.

Rest in Peace my friend……

PKK/MJK
04-28-2008, 06:46 PM
What terribly sad, shocking news! Our thoughts and prayers are with Bawb's family and with everyone on the podcast team. We hope the Lord gives you all strength and comfort during this most difficult time.

Northern_Julie
04-28-2008, 06:47 PM
There just isn't the right words to say what I feel. :( My condolences to his friends, immediate family, and Podcast family.
He touched so many and I am sure him and Walt are going to meet up for Dole Whips and a chat.

magiroux
04-28-2008, 06:48 PM
My deepest condolences to his family and friends. I enjoyed his contribution to the Podcast each week and he will be missed.

Rest In Peace...

BabaGanoush
04-28-2008, 06:48 PM
As other have mentioned, this is shocking news. I have been listening to your podcast for some time and it saddens me that my first post on the podcast board would be for this reason. But this warrants a comment.

I extend my condolences and prayers out to Bob's family as well as the other members of the podcast. He was obviously a very kind man who could always take a good natured joke. He will be missed by someone who never met him in person - only through voice.

I wish I would have had the opportunity to meet him and shake his hand.

spaddy
04-28-2008, 06:52 PM
I am so shocked and saddened. Everyone is in my prayers.

Derby4me
04-28-2008, 06:52 PM
I couldn't believe my own words when reading to my husband Pete's post informing everyone that Bawb has passed away. Unbelievable. I find comfort thinking of the kind words he had to say about his loving wife, the pride in his voice when speaking of his son, his obvious enthusiasm for his dream job, the joy he had in working with his best friends and his upbeat personality. My impression is that Bawb lived a great life. I am a firm believer that this is a far sadder day for us then it is for Bawb. Love and prayers to ALL of Bawb's family and friends...

rlduvall
04-28-2008, 06:53 PM
I feel like I just lost a family member (and I did lose my mom last December). I am so, so sorry . . . my prayers and thoughts are with Bob's family and friends.

Jodi
I can't believe what I'm reading - and I am deeply saddened by the sudden passing of such a good-natured fellow.

I feel like I've lost a friend.

My heart goes out to you all, Pete. Please let Diana & Brian know, when you think it's the right time, that we are all praying for them.

I'll miss you, Bob.

Joanie
Oh no!

Being a long time lurker I really don't post that much, but I just had to send out heartfelt condolences to Bob's family and friends.

The world is going to be a lot less brighter now without you Bob.:sad1:

DVCJones
04-28-2008, 06:56 PM
OMG I dont even know what to say. I have never met him but it still feels like a good friend is gone. My hands are shaking as I type and I feel sick. God bless his family and the podcast team. If there is anything we can do for any of you please feel free to ask us. I will miss BAWB so much. I just cant even believe it is true. (((HUGS))) to the podcast family.

Well said....I am at a loss for words. I just don't believe it!!!

His family and the Team are in my thoughts and prayers.

jns
04-28-2008, 06:56 PM
:sad1: Prayers out to the entire family and everyone at the entire podcast team.

CdnDisneyNut
04-28-2008, 06:57 PM
:grouphug: Prayers to the Varley family and the Podcast team:grouphug:

Disneybridein2k3
04-28-2008, 06:58 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear about this news - it truly breaks my heart. I wish I could find words to say to bring peace to the podcast team and Bawb's family.

Diana and Brian - please know Bob was very much loved here and will truly be missed. I, like others here, feel like I knew Bob and looked forward to meeting our friend in person. It breaks my heart that I won't have that chance.

Everyone who has had the distinct opportunity to meet Bob is very fortunate indeed. I will certainly keep Bob's family and friends in my prayers.

~Stacy :sad1:

6Smiles
04-28-2008, 06:58 PM
My Condolences. Our prayers are with all the people who loved and knew him. He will be sorely missed.:sad1:

simonkodousek
04-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Words cannot express what I am feeling right now, for Bob was such a kind, good-natured, and humorus human being who really made those bad days feel good by just listening to his voice on the podcast. I am deeply saddened, and my thoughts and prayers go out to Diana, Bob's family and friends, and the podcast team.

I'll really miss you Bob... :(

Cruz Family
04-28-2008, 07:01 PM
I am just at a loss for words!

curlgirl71
04-28-2008, 07:02 PM
my thoughts and prayers are with the entire family and podcast crew. Words can not express .

Kaa
04-28-2008, 07:03 PM
I can't begin to express the sorrow I am feeling. Bob was truly one of the nicest, most kind people you could have ever met. He was a very good friend. My heart is breaking for Diana and Brian and the rest of Bob's family.

Rest in peace my dear friend...

Tammy

*NikkiBell*
04-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Wow. I am in tears and shock at the same time. I just can't believe something so sudden like this has happened.

Pete, please do not worry about the podcasts. If you need a few weeks/months off we all understand. Please tell me what I can do to help you all. Feel free to contact me.

bookmompooh
04-28-2008, 07:05 PM
i am speachless...may you rest in peace Bob.

ChelleinNC
We look for Bob on all our trips and were planning to look for him in June. We never found him but as others have said, we feel like we lost a friend today :sad2:

Prayers and condolences to the Varley Family and the Dis Family from the McGuire Family

RIP Bawb, you will truely be missed

Janitor Beans
Our thoughts and prayers with you. :sad1:

Jason

BernardandMissBianca
04-28-2008, 07:07 PM
OMG! I am in shock, I was just talking about him today. God bless the Varley family and the DIS family too. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

Thank you Bob for the cart cam and for capturing the essence of Disney. You will be greatly missed.

I believe Walt was there to greet Bob and they are having a sweet chat about all things Disney.

Timon
04-28-2008, 07:10 PM
That's so very sad to hear! I didn't know him either but it feels like I've lost a friend. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. :hug: :grouphug:

cpdwiz
04-28-2008, 07:10 PM
I am new to the boards. Can someone tell me about Bob? Its very sad for his family, and also comforting to see he had so many friends/admirers here.

My prayers are with his family.

Dr. David Q. Dawson
04-28-2008, 07:11 PM
So sorry to hear this :(

Even though we may not have met him, Bob was a great friend to all of us listeners.

Thoughts and prayers for his family and the entire Podcast team

cslittle999
04-28-2008, 07:13 PM
My prayers go out to Diana, Brian and all of Bob's extended family. I never met Bob and now I never will. The world is a smaller place without him in it.

Plutes
04-28-2008, 07:17 PM
I am completely and utterly speechless.

DH's & my thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Varley family and the podcast family.

What a truly sad day. :sad1:

Cruz Family
04-28-2008, 07:18 PM
I am new to the boards. Can someone tell me about Bob? Its very sad for his family, and also comforting to see he had so many friends/admirers here.

My prayers are with his family.

The best way to get to know Bob is to listen to the podcasts. That is how most of us got to know and love him.

cherylp3
04-28-2008, 07:20 PM
my thoughts and prayers go out to Bob's family and the podcast team

tinkerbellblondie19
04-28-2008, 07:23 PM
This was tragic and shocking news, and I'm having trouble finding words to say.

My prayers to the Varley family and the podcast crew, as well as the rest of listeners and Disers that have come to love him.

In less than two hours, there have already been 5 pages of responses to this news. This is just a sampling of the people that never even met him but saw him as a friend, the people that saw him as a giant teddy bear, and the people that defended him anytime the rest of the podcast crew would cut him off. He's truly been a part of these boards and the podcast, and it's going to be very strange without him.

Pete, I'm sure you know everyone will understand if you take some time off from the podcasts, no matter how long. You've stated several times that Bob was among your closest friends, and if you need the break, take it.

Once again, thoughts and prayers to the team and the family. We'll miss you, Bawb!

tinkerbellblondie19
04-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Sorry, the post went through twice.

CamColt
No matter how many time I read this, I just cannot comprehend it. :sad2: Bob was such a caring man with a great sense of humor.

After spending time with him in CA a few years ago, and meeting a couple more times over the years in FL, I truly felt like when I listened to him on the podcast, I was listening to a friend talk.

There will certainly be a void around here that will never be filled.

My deepest sympathies go out to Diana, Brian, and the rest of Bob's family and friends. :grouphug:

scarlett873
OMG

Bob will certainly be missed by all of us.

His family and the entire podcast team will remain in our thoughts and prayers.

3mickeys&me
04-28-2008, 07:26 PM
:grouphug: Sending Our thoughts and prayers so sorry!:sad1:

kat777
04-28-2008, 07:26 PM
I have only been listening to the podcasts and catching up on the archives for a few months but, like so many others, I feel like I've lost a dear friend...I think that speaks volumes about Bob, about his character, and how special he will always be to everyone around here.

He will be so sadly missed. :sad1:

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends whose grief I can only begin to imagine.

WaltD4Me
04-28-2008, 07:28 PM
I can't...I don't know what to say. I'm so shocked, I can hardly read this thread through my tears. I was just listening to an old podcast earlier, Bob was talking about how one of the reasons he moved to Florida was to be near to Kennedy Space Center. I just can't believe it. :sad1:

My heart is just breaking for Bob's family, the Podcast crew and Bob's many friends, fans and listeners. :grouphug: My prayers go out to all of you. We were so all so lucky to have Bob touch our lives. I never had the honor of meeting Bob, but I feel as though I've lost a friend.

cocowum
04-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Oh my God. I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry! Diana and her family will be in our prayers. :grouphug: As well as the podcast team. God Bless you all.

bcvdreamer
04-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Bob will be missed. My deepest sympathy to the Varley family and to Pete, John, Kevin, Corey, Julie, Regina, Will and the rest of the team behind the scenes. You are my thoughts and prayers.

One of the first podcasts I listened to was the infamous Dole Whip Podcast. I knew Bob was special from that moment on. Bob, we'll all miss you here on the DIS boards.

Lisa

mandymommy4
04-28-2008, 07:31 PM
I've got that pit of your stomach sickness, I am in shock! I was so excited to meet Bob this Sunday and meet that man who provided me with so many laughs!:sad1:

Thank you Bob for being you and bringing joy to so many of our lives!

Please give our love and condolences to his family and the his other family, the Podcast team. :grouphug:

Paging Tom Morrow
04-28-2008, 07:32 PM
I don't know that there could be a greater testament to the good a person has done than when those who have never met him feel like they have lost a member of their own family and that is Bob to me. You brought a smile to my life and I'm better for just knowing of you.

Rest in peace.

- Ken

SwellmanJ
04-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Although I could be considered a hermit when it comes to posting, I have been such a huge fan of the podcast since day 1 and could not be any more saddened by this news. Bob brought a personality to the table that I have yet and will never find again in my life. He was a great guy - funny, caring, and genuine.

I could not agree more with all of the kind words people have been saying about our friend Bob. I connected most with Bob of any of the podcast as I too love outer space, and the unending love for disney he possessed.
My deepest condolences go out to Diana, Pete, Kevin, John, Corey, Julie and the entire rest of the Varley family.

The podcast will never be the same.

diz_kid 777
04-28-2008, 07:36 PM
I've been listening to the podcast for just a few months, but I feel like I've lost a very close friend today. My thoughts are with Bob's family and all of the podcast crew. :sad1:

DVCJones
04-28-2008, 07:36 PM
I was looking for him at the AK on April 22. I figured the Podcast team would be there on such a special day. Since I have only seen pictures of Bob on the boards I thought I would look for him. How hard could it be, right? I didn't find him that day. I told myself I would find him next time.

I can't believe how truly sad I am. I have never cried so much for a person I have never had the pleasure of meeting.

Rest in peace Bob!

:grouphug: For his family and friends.

ghost1000
04-28-2008, 07:38 PM
It is truly a sad day. Thank you for taking the time to let us all know. My families is sending up prayers for his family and all those that were close to him so that that everyone can have calm, understanding, peace and be filled with happy memories of good times.

He brought many smiles into our lives and will be missed greatly.

Charleyann
04-28-2008, 07:39 PM
God Bless Bob's Family:hug: :grouphug: Prayers for all that knew and loved Bob....

Charleyann

Mystery Fan
04-28-2008, 07:40 PM
We will miss you Bob! My prayers are with the Varley family and the Podcrew.

msteddom
04-28-2008, 07:40 PM
I have lost a friend that I never even met. My condolences to all that knew and loved him. :grouphug:

Melissa

lorax123
04-28-2008, 07:41 PM
oh god. this is horrible. I'm so sad to hear about this. Very sorry guys, Diana and their family. We are going to miss him, he was such a great guy.

cocowum
04-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Please post where to send condolence cards. We feel like we've lost a good friend. :sad1: Again, you are all in our prayers.

JFrey4240
04-28-2008, 07:43 PM
I am so saddened by this news! My thoughts and prayers are with Bob's family and friends. I feel as though I've lost a dear friend. Please let us know if there is an address where we can send condolences to his family--even if it's a po box or at Dreams Unlimited. Bob will be greatly missed. What a sad day...

Jennifer.

Alztybrn
04-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Definitely offering my condolences and prayers to his family as well as the podcast family.

He will definitely be missed.

skuttle
04-28-2008, 07:44 PM
This is such shocking and sad news. :sad2: I was listening to the last email podcast on my way home from work, came in to check my email and see this. Wow. My thoughts and prayers are will Bob's family and friends during this difficult time for sure.

kaytieeldr
04-28-2008, 07:45 PM
Oh, no! I only got to spend a very few minutes with Bob, a couple of years ago, at a Food & Wine Festival thing.

Pete, please extend my deepest sympathies to his family.

Ronda

LMO429
04-28-2008, 07:46 PM
My heart is broken from hearing this sad news. My condolences, prays and love are sent to you all.

2xcited2sleep
04-28-2008, 07:55 PM
I have no idea what to say. Nothing I can think of seems like "enough." As many have said, I consider Bob, and all of you, friends I have never met. I am so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with Bob's immediate family, his podcast-team-family and his DIS family. I hope that knowing how many lives Bob touched is of some comfort.

WebmasterAlex
04-28-2008, 07:57 PM
I am just in shock. Bob was one of the original Dis'ers and the first person from the DIS I ever met in real life. He used to live near me and I went over to his house one day and put some computer wiring in while his son played soccer with my daughter in his yard. That was almost 10 years ago.......
I've never seen him get really angry at anyone and when he did it was funny, he just didn't know how.
He was one of the nicest people I have ever met and I will miss him greatly.
You were much too young my friend.

Rob_b
04-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Very sad day. My mom just called me with the news. I was shocked. While I never was able to meet Bob he was a weekly friend. He will be missed and our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and the podcast crew.

Mary Jo
04-28-2008, 07:59 PM
I am so sorry to read this. I'm in tears. I'll miss Bawb, and all of you are in my prayers, especially Diana & Brian.

mj

happy2go2wdwmom
04-28-2008, 07:59 PM
I can not believe your tragic news today. This is so horribly sad and shocking---I am so sorry to hear that your dear Bob has passed---he reminded me so much of a sweet, caring uncle or a dad you can ask advise from type of a man---what a friend he must have been to all of you and please do let us know how we can send our condolances to his family, and know we send ours to all of you. He was dear to so many of us and will be missed more than he could have ever imagined.

pha1226
04-28-2008, 08:01 PM
I am also shocked and saddened by the news. My thoughts and prayers are with the podcasters and Bob's family.

abish19
04-28-2008, 08:02 PM
I am so terribly saddened by this news. I have never met Bob but considered him a friend nonetheless. He had such a loving spirit and will be so, so missed.

Please, please tell Diana as well as the rest of Bob's family of our love for him and for them. They will be in my thoughts and prayers in the upcoming weeks.

What a tragedy...Bob's was a life well-lived.

sanapunk
04-28-2008, 08:02 PM
I saw this in the tops threads on the main disboards page and my whole body froze. This really is devastasting news....

gomomgo
04-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Thoughts and prayers for his family and extended family.

C.Marie
04-28-2008, 08:06 PM
My heart goes out to Bob's friends and family during this trying time. :hug:

PlutoGirl1117
04-28-2008, 08:07 PM
I am so saddened by this news! I never had the pleasure of meeting Bob, but I still feel like I lost a friend!
You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Rest in peace Bob! We will miss you!!!!!!

TammyAlphabet
04-28-2008, 08:10 PM
I too lost my husband tragically in February. I know how his widow must feel. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. How can we send flowers?

dbond
04-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Bob, you were a dear friend to many and loved by all who had the pleasure to know you. You will be missed my friend. ***HUGS*** and prayers to Bob's sweet family and the Podcast team. My dearest sympathies and I pray for comfort for you all in your time of sadness.

Marla Hellwig
04-28-2008, 08:14 PM
I am in tears

Bob was a great human being and he will be sorely missed

Keeping Diane, Brian and his entire family in my thoughts

hugs

Marla

txvjc
04-28-2008, 08:15 PM
My heart and condolences go out to Bob's family, the Podcast crew, and my fellow Dis'ers. I know I had to read Pete's post a couple of times just to comprehend what I was reading. I almost didn't even come to the board today until I saw this posting from the main forum page and had to see what was going on. I never met Bob, but I certainly looked for him while I was at the parks. He IS my favorite podcaster and I couldn't wait to listen to the show so I could hear what he was going to say next. I always thought of him as that weird crazy uncle everyone has in their family that everyone loves. He will be greatly missed and know he is in a better place.

Jonereno
04-28-2008, 08:15 PM
My deepest sympathies to Diana, Brian, the rest of the Varley family and the entire DIS crew.

Our prayers are with you.

Masonic Mouse
04-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Bob seemed to be a pure soul and we on earth have lost a good man But haven has gained and angle. I will pray for him and his family.

Deacon Jeff D.

TinkRocks
04-28-2008, 08:19 PM
I am so saddened to hear this news. My condolences to the Varley family and the entire Podcast team. :grouphug:

crazytp93
04-28-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm in shock. I will type more later when I can stop crying.

kykatt2
04-28-2008, 08:26 PM
I looked forward to the weekly Podcasts... It is just not going to be the same.

My Sympathies to the Family and for those who knew Bob.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg153/kykatt/m0461.gif

Kathy

patsal
04-28-2008, 08:29 PM
I am shocked, saddened and crying. Thoughts and prayers to everyone most especially Bob's family and friends.

ericafny
04-28-2008, 08:36 PM
I am so saddened by this news. My thoughts and prayers to Diana and Brian, and to the rest of the podcast team as I know you all were very close to Bob. :grouphug:

mjperry
04-28-2008, 08:38 PM
This is sad news to hear, I never have the opportunity to meet Bob, however feel like I knew him and almost like he is familey. My heart goes out to his familey and the podcast crew.
In life sometimes our loss is heaves gain. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

3DisneyKids
04-28-2008, 08:38 PM
I am just so stunned...so unexpected (at least for those who are not close with him). I just listened to the e-mail show today...just shocked.

Of course we will keep him, his family, and all of you in our prayers.

elemusing
04-28-2008, 08:43 PM
I am in utter shock. I am speechless.

I can imagine what all of you there must be feeling. Diana, I am so sorry for your loss.

We loved Bob so much on here. He touched so many lives through the podcast and most of us never even met him.

As tears are falling on my computer I just say I am so sorry to everyone.

When you all figure out what kind of memorial you are going to have, please let us know.

Thank you,
Angie

Minniemouse07
04-28-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm so sorry... prayers to you all. :grouphug:

BillM99999
04-28-2008, 08:47 PM
I don't have anything else to add beyond what everyone else has said. I also never met Bob, but still feel like I knew him. I'd hoped to run into him and the kawt someday in the parks. He, along with the rest of the crew, was a regular accompaniment to my time at the gym.

My heartfelt sympathies to the entire crew and the entire Varley family. Truly a sad day for all of us, but a blessed day for Bob himself.

Ariel70
04-28-2008, 08:48 PM
what? what? I am completely shocked.

I can't believe that I am so saddened by the death of someone I have never met. I have tears streaming down my face.

Through the podcast, Bob became my friend. I don't think I realized that until this very moment. His WDW enthusiasm was contagious.

My condolences to the entire podcast team, Bob's wife and son and family, and all those touched by Bob.

kymickeyfan717
04-28-2008, 08:50 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Varley family and the entire podcast team....

sailors_wfe
04-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Such a sad day for all of us here on the DIS:sad: You are all in our thoughts and prayers today with such a loss:grouphug: I too never had the pleasure of meeting Bob, but I loved the things he added to the podcast and was looking forward to meeting him this week. I feel like I have lost a friend I never knew. Please keep everyone informed of the circumstances and where we can send memorials.

Just People
04-28-2008, 08:51 PM
This is truly a shock. He seemed like such a sweet man. I'm just at a lost for words. My condolences to his family and the entire Unplugged crew.

chisnpeke
04-28-2008, 08:51 PM

aprincesswannabe
04-28-2008, 08:54 PM
What a shock to open the podcast discussion page and see this news. Bawb's enthusiasm and love of Disney will be missed by all of us.

My thoughts are with all of you!

Applemomma
Oh Bawb.....I can barely see to type, I'm crying so hard it's hard to see and feeling like I've lost a friend even though i never met him. I lost my uncle Friday but was never close to him and as I just told my husband I knew more about Bob then I did about my uncle because of all the weekly "time" I had spent with him. It makes me want to jump in my car and drive 36 hours to Florida to be with the Podcast team, Diana and Brian.

I have no doubt the next few podcasts they do will be extremly difficult, especially the live one, but Bob is a force not to be held back by death alone and I'm sure Bobisms will appear for years.

I know that when my time comes there are a select group of beings I want to meet me at the Pearly Gates and I am positive Walt Disney himself was there waiting for Bob to thank him for living the dream.

Going to go cry myself to sleep now......

Selket
I don't post on the Podcast board much but I've been a fan for awhile of the Podcasts. I came here tonight looking for more info on Pete's DL trip and to see this news just breaks my heart. He was such an enjoyable, fun presence on the show. I just loved his reports and his love of Disney and of his family and the podcast crew just shone through.

My condolences go out to his family and friends - he will very much be missed.

GBShorts
Oh Pete, say this isn't true. My first thought was it was an extremely late April fool's prank... then that it was a different Bob... Surely it's not OUR Bawb! It can't be!

Last night I was just listening to the podcast about WildeOscar finding Bawb the night he was looking for Pete. I was cracking up laughing as I mowed the lawn. The neighbors must have thought me crazy.

God bless Bob, Diana, Brian, Pete, John, Kevin, Corey, Julie, Will, Regina, and all those I've missed. May his memory never be forgotten.

I'm really going to dread that first podcast without his lilting accent. :/

We love ya, Bawb, and we'll miss you dearly, even those of us who didn't get to know you personally. You, along with the podcast crew, helped to make our weeks just a bit brighter.

:sad1: Hope you're up there on :cloud9: with Walt, Bob. We'll miss you!

firsttimemom
04-28-2008, 08:56 PM
What horrible news! I was really looking forward to meeting Bawb on the DIS cruise next year.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and his DISUnplugged friends.

**************sniff***********

rkwells
04-28-2008, 08:57 PM
How very sad...Bob you will be missed!

beachwarmer
04-28-2008, 08:57 PM
As I sit with tears hitting the keyboard....I still have no words to write.

I will miss you Bob....you became a part of my life. It is very sad day.

My thoughts and prayers to all who knew and loved him.

Kelly

crazydisneyman
04-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Bawb was Disney to all of us! He brought that spirit to us, and he truly loved what he did. As I sit and contemplate what has happened, I am thankful for the fact that Bawb was able to live his dream. He often told us that he loved to meet people in the parks, and that he loved to be in the parks each time he went.

I am grateful that we were able to experience Bawb's spirit through the podcast. He brought that wealth of knowledge and his own bit of humor that made us all better people for knowing him. Diana and Brian, please know that he made such a difference in so many lives. He will be greatly missed. Please let us know if we can do anything for you.

I remember the dole whips, MoJeeToes, Curtains Match the Drapes, Kaht Kam, adding R's to everything, and I could go on and on ....

We mourn him, but we must celebrate his life. He would want it that way, I believe. I will always treasure those podcasts. He still endures through them, and they stand as a great legacy of his spirit.

Diana and Brian, may God continue to hold you and comfort you, and know that many are praying for you.

Chris Walthers

Mickey Fliers
04-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Being a fellow native from MA, I loved listening to Bob on the Podcast. He reminded me of home.

Such a very sad, sad day. My condolences.

deva
04-28-2008, 09:01 PM
When I first saw the post I thought it was a joke, or maybe I hoped it was. I can't believe this, I never met the man & I have a tear streaming down my face. He was an awesome guy to listen to. I feel sick.

UP Disney
04-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Diana, Brian, Bob's family & friends are all in my prayers. He will be missed by many!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d191/upturbo/mickeycry.gif

TSWJan78
04-28-2008, 09:07 PM
I like everyone am shocked and saddened by the loss of Bawb... He was truly one of a kind who always made listeners laugh even when he was not trying.... although I had never meet him he was undoubtedly a kind soul who would give you the shirt off of his back if you needed it. He found true joy in his job and truly embraced the spirit of what Disney means to all of us.

From this angle you could tell that working from Dreams unlimited was not a job but a joy. My thoughts and prayers go out to Diana and Brian.... may you find the strength to get through the day and continue to live the full life that Bob did and would want you to....

Pete.. Thank you for building such a strong online community where our " imaginary" friends come to life… you gave us the opportunity to get to know Bob and for as shocked and saddened as we are I can only being to imagine the pain that you are all feeling now. Let the memories of a great person and friend comfort you and know that you have more people than you know sending prayers and pixie dust your way.

Walt Disney was quoted as saying "I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained." Bob you entertained and educated us and you will be missed… May you rest in peace

Here is the link to Bob’s Dreams profile… http://www.wdwinfo.com/disteam/wilderness.htm

teruterubouzu
04-28-2008, 09:11 PM
I'm very saddened by this news. This is a big loss to this community.

My thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family.

iluvwesties
04-28-2008, 09:12 PM
My heart is heavy with sadness............ It's a sad day for us all :sad:

Condolences to his family :grouphug: Our thoughts are with you

We'll miss you Bawb :sad1:

LilGMom
04-28-2008, 09:13 PM

I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face for a man that I only knew through reading his blogs and listening to his voice on a podcast. Bob will be greatly missed and he was loved by many. I loved Bob's enthusiasm for NASA, space travel and Star Wars - three things that I love about as much as I love Disney.

My heart and thoughts go out to Diana, Brian and the Podcast Family.

crazydisneyman
04-28-2008, 09:14 PM
I found these Bawb Words of Wisdom on his profile:

Words of Wisdom: I just want to say what great friends I have found on the DIS. With me being unable to work it was the DIS that kept me from going looney.

What a testament to him!

We will miss you!

fightinfire21
04-28-2008, 09:16 PM
I am SHOCKED to hear this!!! The Podcast will never be the same again:sad1:

I will have Bob's entire family and the DIS Unplugged crew in my thoughts and prayers.

Even thought I never met him I have listened to the podcast since the beginning and I feel like he is just another friend that I have known for a long time.

RIP Bob:sad1:

pikafreaks
04-28-2008, 09:16 PM
I dont know what to say.. I'm very sorry to everyone.

willis37862
04-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Oh I just can't believe it :sad1: He will be missed so much. We never had the chance to meet him in person but I feel like I lost a dear friend.

Our thoughts and prayers will be with Bob's family and all his dear friends who will miss him greatly. :sad1:

LovesThumper
04-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Along with all of the other disers please know my thoughts and prayers are with the Varley family and the podcast team. I just happened to watch today the video clip of Bawb snoring in his chair in his office while the crew talked about his ability to take those "power" naps. I was laughing out loud. He will be missed. But how wonderful to be so loved by folks who had never met him.

Tinkerbelle's Mom
04-28-2008, 09:23 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I will keep his family and friends in my prayers.

dwelty
04-28-2008, 09:25 PM
I will miss Bob's good natured banter with the rest of the Podcast team. The show will not be the same without him. We will keep you all in our prayers.

abeyst
04-28-2008, 09:27 PM
I'm so deeply sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with all of Bob's 'Families'.

DLBDS
04-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Words can not express....

I'm gonna really miss ya, Bob. You're THE BEST!

:darth:

cdfl30
04-28-2008, 09:28 PM
I am so saddened by this news :(

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones.

3happydancers
04-28-2008, 09:29 PM
I am so new to the boards that I don't really know Bob, but my heart and prayers go out to his family and friends.:sad1:

Prose
04-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Oh my! Our thoughts and prayers go out to all the podcast team and Bob's family. He gave so many smiles to podcast listeners around the world.

Please let us know if he had a favorite charity or cause where we can send donations in his honor....

macheath
04-28-2008, 09:34 PM
no no no. I thought this must be a mistake. I am in tears to hear that is not.

I don't post much, but I'm an avid podcast listener who loved listening to Bob each week. It's not going to be the same to not hear his voice.

Diana, Brian and Team- you have my prayers.

JaxDisneyFans
I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. I am new to the dis boards and the podcasts, but so enjoyed Bawb. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

kimbac3
I'm in shock!! I too feel like a lost a friend. My prayers go out to his family and the entire podcast family.

What a sad day:sad1:

Kimba

MODisFan
04-28-2008, 09:39 PM
Words cannot express the sadness I feel from the passing of Bob. While I have only known Bob through the podcasts, he was an incredible person and I feel blessed to have had him touch my life in ways he will never know.

To his family and friends, I am sorry for your loss. Find comfort in knowing that one day you will be reunited with him.

God bless you all.

Elizabeth

tacbets
04-28-2008, 09:41 PM
Terrible, sad news. As so many others have said, I feel like I've lost a friend I've never met.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

Hedy
04-28-2008, 09:44 PM
My thoughts are with all of you at this time. :grouphug: :grouphug:
ETA: I keep on thinking of Diana, and my heart is breaking. Diana and Brian, I'm so sorry.

sam517
04-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Such sad news. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

YoYoAurora
04-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Diana, Brian, the Varley Family and the DIS Crew,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I didn't have the pleasure of meeting Bob in person, but I feel as if I know him through the podcast, the videos, and the boards. He is a great man, and will be sorely missed by all.

To me, he was the unofficial WDW greeter and the spirit of the Parks. He shared his love of Disney, his family and friends, and the space program with us - what a gift, what a legacy!

Thank you, Bob, for sharing! :hug:

Praying Colonel
04-28-2008, 09:46 PM
I am so sorry to hear of Bob's passing. Although I never knew him personally, he seemed to have a very genuine and friendly spirit that came through on all of the podcasts. My prayers go out to his family and friends. RIP.

SteveInBrooklyn
04-28-2008, 09:53 PM
A sad, sad day. My condolences to Bob's family and friends.

New England Eeyore
04-28-2008, 09:53 PM
What a terrible shock. My thoughts and prayers go out to Bob's family and friends.

CelticBelle
04-28-2008, 09:56 PM
I am speechless:grouphug:
My prayers go out to his family.
He touched many peoples lives.

I was going to search for him during my CP. Im sorry that I never got a chance to meet him.

daneenm
04-28-2008, 09:58 PM
Oh, I have no words. It is funny how you feel like you know someone from just listening to them on a PodCast. I have always thought he seemed like such a good person. What a loss!

My thoughts go out to all of you and especially Diana and Brain and the rest of Bob's family. The world has lost a shining star.

Sadly, I have had a bit of loss in my life lately and I am always comforted by this...

"And He will raise you up on Eagle's Wings, bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the sun, and hold you in the palm of His hand."

--Daneen

DisnyMama
04-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Dear Diana, Pete, Kevin, John, Corey, Julie, Will, Alex and Regina,

Both Luc and I miss Bob so much already. This is unreal. Our hearts go out to you all. God be with Bob and with you all during this very difficult time.

I will never have another Dole Whip without thinking of Bob.:angel:

Shannon:flower3:

drag n' fly
04-28-2008, 10:05 PM
"Friends are the pillars on your porch. Sometimes they hold you up, sometimes they lean on you, and sometimes it's just enough to know that they are standing by."

My sympathies to Bob's family and all his very close friends at the DIS.

I never had the pleasure to meet Bob but we have lost a very special Disney friend.:sad1:

wishspirit
04-28-2008, 10:09 PM
I honestly can't believe it, it seems silly to be crying over someone you've never met, but Bob was such a big part of the podcast and Dis and therefore such a big part of me. He struck me as one of those people who really understood the Disney spirit, which is such a big part of everyone on these boards. The podcast will never be the same.

I wish to send my condolences to all Bob’s friends, family and anyone lucky enough to know him. It really is a sad day.
:grouphug:

Launchpad11B
04-28-2008, 10:10 PM
To sad for words.:sad1: You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

firemanx
04-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Wow is all i can say. I feel like i lost a friend. If theres anything you guys need or that we could help with please let us know. Please let Bob's family know that our prayers are with them, and they go out to you guys also who knew him for so long, and lost a dear friend.

SimonV
04-28-2008, 10:13 PM
I am stunned beyond words. Bob and Diana came to our wedding three years ago, even though it was very awkward timing for them, and were just delightful people to be around. The loss is just too hard for me to contemplate, so I can't imagine how Diana must feel, but my heart goes out to her and the rest of the family.

cleo
04-28-2008, 10:16 PM
We hold Bob's memory and his family in our hearts and our prayers. We're just stunned by his passing.

javamom
04-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Didn't know Bob at all, but got a HUGE kick out of his Kart Cam adventures. I know that he will be sorely missed. My heartfelt condolences to those that knew and loved him best...

peacelovemickey
04-28-2008, 10:22 PM
I cannot think of the words to express how awful I feel at this news. As others have said, even though I never had the pleasure of meeting Bob, I felt like I knew him. Although his bright light has gone out on earth, we know that he is in a better place. Please let his family know they are in our prayers along with the Podcast Team.

agnes!
04-28-2008, 10:23 PM
What a sad time. Sympathies to all who knew him personally, his friends a& his family.

I borrowed someone else's crying Mickey, hope that's alright.
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i59/DISUNC/sad-mickey.gif

agnes!

Donaldfan81
04-28-2008, 10:29 PM
This is a truly sad day. I'm mostly a lurker of the boards but I've listened to every podcast and read many threads. Though I never had the honor of meeting Bob, I feel like i knew him. Im in tears right now. Heaven is a better place tonight with Bob there. My prayers go out to his family and to the whole podcast family as well. So sad.

Tiger Lily 03
04-28-2008, 10:29 PM
Prayers to the family and friends. I am sorry.

IHeartTink04
04-28-2008, 10:30 PM
I am so shocked to hear this news. I mean sick to my stomach shocked. I only knew Bob through the podcast but I know that he was a great, fun and sweet man.
Thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

He will be greatly missed.

kgibbler20
04-28-2008, 10:33 PM
I am in total shock. My mom and I send our thoughts and prayers to the Varley and Podcast families. I just started listening like others just a few months ago and one of the things I was really looking to this October was watching for Bob and his Kaht Cam. I couldn't wait to try to get to meet him. To all of his "family", I'm so sorry for your loss.

sara74
04-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Oh, Bob, I just discovered the podcasts and have only heard 2 of them but your love of Disney was evident. May you rest in peace - may your family find peace. You will be missed.

NC Beast
04-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Out thoughts and prayers are going out Bob's family and to the Podcast team.

The time NCBelle and I spent with Bob and Corey (and Bob's "Kaht Cam") at MGM during our last trip made it one of our best Disney memories.

We'll certainly miss him.

ShesAPirate
04-28-2008, 10:46 PM
I am so far beyond stunned... I don't even know what to say, other than this is a huge loss, and I will miss Bob tremendously. My love and prayers go out to Bob's family and the Podcast team. I just can't believe it. So, so sad...

usetheforceluke
04-28-2008, 10:47 PM
A sad day. We met Bob at the Podcast meet last December, and he was all that I had anticipated him to be from listening to him on the Podcasts. A true character. I'll miss his humour and insightful comments on the Parks.

Jim.

DaParkers
04-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Wow! I can't believe it. I am truly shocked. I pray that your family gets comfort in knowing that you are in a better place. Yes, even better than Walt Disney World.;) My prayers go to his family, friends, and podcast fans, because I know that he felt like family to a lot of people.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s239/BigMeatball_2007/Jedi-bob-1.jpg

MomofKatie
04-28-2008, 10:57 PM
I am deeply sorry to hear of Bob's passing. I, too, felt like Bob was a great friend from the podcasts and his Kaht Cam videos. My heart is breaking for his family and friends.

cdnmickeylover
04-28-2008, 10:59 PM
I am in shock. What a loss to everyone but especially Diana, Brian and the entire podcast crew. We met Bawb at the podcast meet in December and he was so wonderful showing off his lightsaber and his trophy. A man not afraid to show his love of Disney and others. You will be sorely missed.

Fiona

GOOFY4LIFE
04-28-2008, 11:00 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Varley family and the podcast family.

tinkbutt
04-28-2008, 11:01 PM
i am socked to hear this! I'll have his family in my prayers he was a great soul!! and he will be missed

Gretta
04-28-2008, 11:01 PM
I just told my husband that "the funniest man that I know on the podcasts has just died and I am so sad."

My thoughts and prayers go out to Bob's family and the whole podcast team.

I have never met Bob and I will miss him terribly.

Sincerely,
Gretta

lttlmc3
04-28-2008, 11:05 PM
I don't know what to say. I'm shocked. I can't believe it. I will be praying for his family and all the podcasters.

dixipixi
04-28-2008, 11:06 PM
:grouphug: Thoughts and prayers to Bob's family and friends. He will be missed.:grouphug:

PrincessNED
04-28-2008, 11:11 PM
I just finished the email edition and came to check for Bob's GPS coordinates. What a shock!!

Very telling of the man, that one of the last things he did was bring magic to a child and share one of his Christopher Robins pins.

A true loss to this world.

Bob, May you walk the parks with Walt forever.

lugnut33
04-28-2008, 11:13 PM
Amazing how many people Bob touched through the podcast, me included. I'm a newbie but instantly loved his personality and kindness that was evident through the podcast.

RIP Bob, and condolences to his family.

princessesrule4
04-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Thoughts and prayers for his family and his friends, especially the Podcast team.:grouphug:

robinb
04-28-2008, 11:20 PM
{{hugs}} to his family. I'm not a podcast junky but from what I have seen he was a great guy and a real loss to the DIS.

SamSam
04-28-2008, 11:31 PM
What a tragic, sad loss. My heart goes out to the Varley family and the entire Podcast Crew. I was fortunate enough to meet Bob at the Dec. 6 meet (something I will now truly treasure) and was looking forward to seeing him this coming Sunday at the live broadcast. He was a wonderful, unique person with an endearing personality. He loved so many of things my husband and I love; space, Animal Kingdom....just a love of so many different thngs. My husband and I could completely relate to his facination of 'Interventions', even the new trash disposal section. He will be sorely missed; please let's keep his memory alive.

Barb
04-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Oh no! I am shocked. Bob and Diana were my DU agents when I first started using Dreams. I had the pleasure of meeting them both. I am so sorry and send my deepest condolences to the family.

djlexus
04-28-2008, 11:40 PM
I'll always remember seeing "kaht kam" at the parks what an awesome fun guy! He will truly be missed.

disneydad78
04-28-2008, 11:41 PM
I so sorry, my prayers are sent out to the family and podcasters.:hug: :grouphug: :sad1:

pinkerbell
04-28-2008, 11:44 PM

AnnB
04-28-2008, 11:52 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to Bob's family and close friends. Listening to Bob each week was an enormous pleasure. He was clearly an incredibly special person and will be greatly missed.

disneymom8589
04-28-2008, 11:52 PM
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Bob. I feel very sad even though I've never had the pleasure of meeting him in person. Just listening to him every week was a joy and pleasure. My condolescences and prayers are with his family and Podcast family. :grouphug:

CAJUNWDWFAN
04-29-2008, 12:02 AM
I would like to add my condolences to all the friends and family of Bob. I've been listening to the podcast since the beginning and he will definetly be missed.

rtobe
04-29-2008, 12:04 AM
Condolences to the Varley family, the Podcast crew and all of Bob's many friends. This is such sad news. He will be missed.

Kristina
I am a new fan to the podcasts and have downloaded huge chunks of them, just totally enjoying the cast's different personalities and what they bring to the show. I loved Bob, on the show he came across as such a beautiful soul, which I am sure that he was.
My prayers go out to Bob's family and the podcast team on this sad, sad day.

Willow1213
My condolences to Bob's family and friends at the DIS Unplugged Podcast. A sad day for the DIS family

concept5123
04-29-2008, 12:19 AM
i never meet him but i honestly thought of him as a friend.... i love all you guys and my thoughts go out to everyone affected by this.
BOB YOU WILL BE MISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and when im at dis in sep this dole whip is for you!

choirboy501
04-29-2008, 12:28 AM
So sorry to hear of Bob's passing.

miss missy
04-29-2008, 12:50 AM
Oh no!! NO NO NO!!! I am so sad right now! This is not fair! I am just reading this at Tues 1am at work... I really can't believe this is happening! I am in shock!! I haven't read any further than than Pete's post, I jumped right to reply, to say I am so sorry for all of you, as his close friends :( the team and Bob's family are all in our prayers :grouphug:

It is a very sad sad day indeed!

miss missy
04-29-2008, 01:24 AM
I am heartbroken. Bawb would make me crazy sometimes, but you'd never find a kinder, gentler soul. What a sweet man and what a terrible loss.

I'm comforted knowing that through the DIS he will live on. Whether it's his mangling of certain words or Kaht Kam, he will always be with us.

I just can't believe my friend is gone. Love you Bawb!! May you rest in peace.

:grouphug: to you Regina. You know, you made me feel better by saying "I'm comforted knowing that through the DIS he will live on." It is sooo true. Right now I am listneing to last summers podcasts... hearing his voice helps. :sad1: :sad1:

jeanigor
04-29-2008, 01:47 AM
Like so many people, I only had the honor of knowing Bob through the podcast. However, it was clearly evident that he was a great man--noble, caring and kind. He has enriched all of our lives. I, for one, am thankful for that priviledge. Diane, Brian, Pete and the rest of the Podcast & Dreams Unlimited Crew I am so sorry for your loss.

peanut1967
04-29-2008, 02:29 AM
Just read this...so sad...so sorry.
I was on catch up and am listening to last weeks podcast as I type and hes still here.....
Angie

~Fisharefriends~
04-29-2008, 03:01 AM
I only knew of Bob through the podast and Kaht Kam. he had such a warnth to him that immediatly made you feel comfortable and part of the dis family.

My heartfelt condolences and prayers go out to Bobs family, and the entire podcast crew. May Bob rest in peace.

lonegungal17
04-29-2008, 03:03 AM
I don't post here very much but I am a big fan of the podcast and I am sorry to hear Bob has passed on. I was hoping for a live podcast in August so I could meet him and all of you. I feel like I have lost a friend. :sad1:

Mel

Minniespal
04-29-2008, 03:08 AM
I'm saddened to read this news. Thanks for letting us know. My thoughts and prayers are with Bob's family at this time.

paulasillars
04-29-2008, 03:10 AM
How very sad. My condolences to Diana, Brian and family as well as the round table team and the rest of the Dreams staff.

Bob will be sorely missed. :confused3

Fantasia Sam
04-29-2008, 03:26 AM
Very sad news indeed. Thoughts and prayers go out to Bob's family and friends and the DIS Community. :(

Zeebs
04-29-2008, 03:29 AM
Am very sorry to hear this news, my thoughts are with Bobs family.

Kirsten

BRobson
04-29-2008, 03:57 AM
I woke up to this heartbreaking news this morning.

As everyone has said Bob holds a very special place in all our hearts and will be very very sorely missed

My thoughts are with Diana and Brian who have lost a wonderful husband and dad

and to Pete,John,Kevin,Julie,Corey,Regina and all the rest of the DIS crew who have lost a truly special friend. :grouphug:

CustardTart
04-29-2008, 04:00 AM
My deepest sympathies to the Varley family, the Podcast crew and everyone who knew Bob. So very sorry to hear this sad news...

MissMichelle
04-29-2008, 04:11 AM
thoughts and prayers go out to Bob's family, the whole Podcast team and the DIS family who has grown to know and love him. Such sad news and a tragic loss of a man who made friends with people he has never met. Bless his soul

MomPotz
04-29-2008, 04:18 AM
I am truly saddened by this news. My deepest sympathies to Bob's family, the podcast crew and all who had the fortune to know and love Bob. He will be missed. I feel like I've lost a great friend that I haven't had the chance to meet yet.

fizz13
04-29-2008, 04:18 AM
Just can't believe it, in shock. so so sorry to all his family and friends, prayers and thoughts are with you all.

disneyholic family
04-29-2008, 04:30 AM
I am shocked and so very saddened. I cannot imagine how his family feels. My heartfelt condolences to Bob's family and friends.

tennisfan
04-29-2008, 04:35 AM
Sad news, my thoughts are with Bob's family & all the DIS crew who knew him:sad1:

tammie33
04-29-2008, 04:43 AM
Please send our thoughts and prayers to Diana and the rest of Bob's family. I am so terribly sorry.

jillrobinson
04-29-2008, 04:49 AM
So sad, my deepest sympathies to Bob's family and friends.

CooperOwls
04-29-2008, 04:57 AM
Rest in Peace, Bob!
My condolances to all family and the crew.

lisa8200
04-29-2008, 05:11 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you all:grouphug: ..

Mouse Skywalker
04-29-2008, 05:51 AM
Oh no... I am so, so, shocked, and sorry to hear this. My deepest of sympathies to Diana and the rest of Bob's family, and the pod squad crew. This is such a deep loss. I don't know what else to say. I never met Bob, but I was hoping to meet him on our trip this summer (which he was helping us with). I will so miss his humor on the Pod Cast, his knowledge of Disney, and his friendship. He was a friend to me and all of us, even though we never actually met.

CinderellasSister
04-29-2008, 05:51 AM
:grouphug: My condolences to the Varley family and the entire podcast team on your tremendous loss. I never met Bob either, but had planned to keep an eye out for him and kaht kam on my next trip. He'll be deeply missed by all. :angel:

dvcfamily41801
04-29-2008, 05:59 AM
Bob's family and friends are in my thoughts. :grouphug:

Kimberle
04-29-2008, 06:00 AM
How very sad. Many thoughts and prayers to his family, friends, and co-workers.:sad1:

marianas00
04-29-2008, 06:03 AM
My prayers are with Bob's family. Each week hearing Bob was a highlight for me and my son. Our family had lived in MA for awhile so hearing Bob with his dialect and the banter from you guys regarding his language briught us right back to so many wonderful memories. Bob's perspective and love for Disney world will be sadly missed in our home.
With comfort,
The Steinbacher Family

tiring_day
04-29-2008, 06:09 AM
I was looking forward to some day coming back to Florida just so I could go out and have a round of Bob Golf. Although we never met I felt that I had a kindred spirit in Bob and will miss his voice on the Podcasts. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family there and his family here. Bob you will be sorely missed, God bless.

steve

Esmerelda
04-29-2008, 06:19 AM
My thoughts and many many prayers are with Bob's family.

May you find comfort in knowing that your loved one touched the lives of so many others and gave them the gift of many happy memories.

Esmerelda

smphbear
04-29-2008, 06:27 AM
My prayers to the family and the podcast team.

Snowy-girls
04-29-2008, 06:34 AM
A terrible shock.Thoughts+prayers are being sent to Diana,Brian+family+friends.God Bless.x.

Renysmom
04-29-2008, 06:35 AM
I thought it was a joke.. I looked at the calendar and thought it was an April Fools joke, then I saw that Kevin posted and I knew it wasn't.

The world will be less magical without dear Bob.. Prayers and Blessings to his family and friends.

Kevin - when you can, please let us know Bob's favorite Disney Charity. I would like to start a rememberence drive in his honor.

http://www.*******************/bawb.jpg

UrsulasShadow
04-29-2008, 06:36 AM
My heart is breaking.

My condolences to all Bob's friends and family, and hugs to everyone.

Bob was the sweetest, friendliest man. I was so looking forward to seeing him again.

The world has been diminished by his leaving.

cyberbox2
04-29-2008, 06:37 AM
Like many here, I'm at a loss for words. I'm sitting here at my computer looking at the Dis as I get ready for work today and I saw Pete's head line and clicked on it, but I NEVER thought I would be reading this.

I'm so so so sad and confused. Life is just so short and precious! all we really have is today!

Bawb may your soul fly to heaven on the wings of your guardian angels:angel:

How do wew recover from this incredible loss? :confused:

mommyceratops
04-29-2008, 06:40 AM
Wow I am numb and speechless.

Bob and I had a wonderful conversation at the pod meet and I love him with all my heart. I felt like we connected and I could not wait to see him again.

My 2DS love Bob and talk about him like he is one of thier friends.

I am just......

My love thoughts and prayers go out to the team and Bobs family.