PDA

View Full Version : Mikkel (PixyDusted's) & Jason's PJ - DCL 9/26/2009 - HAIR ACCESSORIES

Pages : [1] 2

PixyDusted
04-28-2008, 12:22 PM
It's official! Df, Jason, and I just booked the April 30th, 3-day sailing for 2009 aboard the Wonder for our Castaway Cay wedding! I was so excited to share the news with other Disney brides. (Edited to Update: we postponed to the 9/24/09 sailing...which works MUCH better for us!)

You can read about our engagement aboard Disney's Magic here:
My DCL Proposal Story! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=24035137#post24035137&highlight=dcl+proposal)

I'll keep you guys updated! So far we sent out our engagement announcements and the wedding invitations will follow shortly due to the nature of our wedding.

29apr00
04-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Yeah congrats!! Can't wait to follow your PJ!

Jennifer

camara381
04-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Yay CONGRATS!!!! Can't wait to see all your plans.

allie_to_you
04-29-2008, 08:35 AM
Your proposal story is so romantic & sweet. Congratulations...can't wait to hear your wedding plans

spacerangerqueen
04-29-2008, 09:08 AM
yey! I'm so excited to follow another DCL PJ as my DBF and I are tentatively planning one ourselves and there is not too much info out there!

Lynn5700
04-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Awesome!!! I loving all the cruise weddings we have coming up!! DCL is the best..next year I want to go on another land and sea vacation for our anniversary.

PixyDusted
05-05-2008, 10:36 AM
It's so much fun reading everyone's comments!

It's about time I updated this right?

So I've been VERY busy! The funny thing about our Disney Cruise wedding, that I think is unique to the type of event it is, is that we've been feverously trying to book everyone's room reservations now...before the invitations have even gone out! :rotfl:

There's a few reasons for this: 1) get everyone the cheapest, best rates possible - the earlier we get them the better the chances are we can get them these great rates; 2) have our rooms near each others (watch out sailers for April 30th, 2009 sailing! We have almost an entire side of Deck 6 booked!) and 3) I'm making rather elaborate invitations with multiple inserts. So we're actually going to have 2 invitations - the elaborate one goes to those coming who actually NEED that info and then a simplier one that is just a single page that will go to those who cannot attend. I'm doing this because I'm making them myself and it will take extra time and money for the elaborate ones. And I certainly do NOT want to put that energy into the elaborate ones for those who can't come and may just end up throwing the invitation out because of it. :eek:

Also, I have been working really hard to get our engagement announcements out. I wish I had a photo to post of them but due to a shortage of actual announcements (my mom keeps telling me MORE people she wants me to send them to) Jason and I don't even have one! They're super cute though and I can't wait to post one when I have one! I made those too! :goodvibes

I do have photos of the three boxes I made for my bridal party, asking them to be in it! I bought three wood boxes at Michael's craft store (they were inexpensive and I'm on a tight budget as it is) and jazzed them up with scrapbook supplies (I'm an avid scrapbooker). That took me a while to complete only because I always have a million things going on at once. I've decided to keep the bridal party small. It consists of my older sister Jamie (maid of honor), my best friend Becca (matron of honor) and my best friend Lindsey (a second matron of honor). They are all TRULY my best friends in this world - loyal and trustworthy and though we all live in different locations (Manhattan, Connecticut, and DC) I remain close with them like we have been for YEARS! So they are truly the only three people I need or want in my wedding party. I contimplated some others (my good friend Jill since kindergarten, my soon to be sister-in-law and my little cousins) but decided to keep it small and very special.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/BridalPartyBoxescopy.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/BridalPartyBoxes2copy.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/BridalPartyBoxes1copy.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/BridalPartyBoxes7copy.jpg

I included a personal note card to each one of them in the boxes as well.
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/BridalPartyBoxes12copy.jpg

On a guest list note: Jason and I were prepared to only have family there and our best friends. We were concerned about the cost not only for ourselves but for our guests to sail with us as well. And you have to remember that while Jason and I live in Orlando, our guests are traveling mostly from NY and some from Ohio. So not only is it the cost of the cruise, but airfare, at least 1 night in a hotel, and transportation to/from the port. (I looked into MANY options for weddings in Orlando, where df and I live, and DCL was our cheapest option. Not only that, when it came down to DCL or Celebration Hotel (around the same price) we decided that DCL is special to us while Celebration Hotel is not - we love the cruise line and want our guests to be able to experience it with us. And we LOVE that it's three days of everyone being together (especially when we hardly get to see our family and friends living so far away) away from internet (for the most part), telephones, etc! So we decided to bite the bullet and accept that if people couldn't come we would completely understand and not be offended but ultimately this is it the wedding we wanted and hey - it is about us for once!)

So far we have about 50 people coming! I've been pleasantly surprised by the response! Most of them are family and my parents' close friends I've grown up with that I certainly want there. If only everyone could agree on which dining seating to go to (I want the later as does my entire family and our guests, df wants earlier as does his older parents :sad2: ). Decisions, decisions!

IndyBride
05-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Sounds like everything is starting out great! The boxes you made look really nice! I LOVE michaels! My Fiance's dad got me a gift card from Michaels for christmas last year and I was the happiest girl cruisin' through Michaels!

29apr00
05-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Sounds good! I love the boxes.

As for dinner, i would simply book the seating you want. Put in your invitation packet that you will be dining at 8:30pm each evening. If anyone wishes to dine with you, that is fine and they can, or they may choose to dine at an earlier time. I love the late seating but it isn't for everyone, and with a group that size, you'll never please everyone.

Good luck!

Jennifer

PixyDusted
05-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Sounds good! I love the boxes.

As for dinner, i would simply book the seating you want. Put in your invitation packet that you will be dining at 8:30pm each evening. If anyone wishes to dine with you, that is fine and they can, or they may choose to dine at an earlier time. I love the late seating but it isn't for everyone, and with a group that size, you'll never please everyone.

Thank you! I love how they turned out too. And they were received well. The three of them loved them!

I agree with you about the seating - the tough thing is that I at least wanted our parents to be at the same seating with us. Okay, rewind - I at least wanted Jason (df) to be at the same seating with me! :rotfl: Him and his parents want the earlier seating and I want the later one, as do my parents! I asked him last night "Do you really NEED the earlier seating? It's so early, especially on a three day cruise - I don't want to feel rushed through my day." He said "I will think about it"...I reminded him that on our other cruises together he got his way with the EARLIER seating and it was only fair! He didn't seem to care. :sad1:

PixyDusted
05-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Here is the engagement announcement I created.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/EngagementAnnouncement2.jpg

I originally made 24 but of course the list of who was getting one kept growing and growing so I'm making 16 more to send out.

Here's what I used to make them:
- Martha Stewart 5x7 blank cards and envelopes with the aqua border
- "Digs My Heart" font
- Inkjet Printer
- Sewing Machine w/aqua thread
- Vellum
- Printed photos (3x4's)
- Aqua Ribbon
- Glue Dots
- Ring stamp
- Glitter
- Embossing powder
- Embossing heat gun
- Yellow chalk

First I printed the text on the cards. (We wanted to keep it simple and to the point!)

Then I embellished it...
There's very fine white glitter in the stone part of the ring. The ring is embossed on the card. Then I filled in the band of the ring with yellow chalk. I created pockets out of vellum with my sewing machine and adhered it to the card, then I inserted the following 2 photos into the pocket from the cruise we got engaged on:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Mikkel_Jason-Moonlight.jpg http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Mikkel_Jason-4_whitebg.jpg

I tied a piece of ribbon and put it on the pocket with a glue dot. Then I stuffed the pockets and voila! Complete! It did take a VERY long time to do them and I work quickly but it was totally worth it. I got amazing feedback on them.

Here's an envelope example. I printed our return address/address and then stamped and embossed the engagement ring stamp (of course I used Disney stamps):

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/EngagementEnvelope1-1.jpg

And here's our thank you notes for our engagement gifts, which I printed our names on then stamped and embossed the engagement ring on and put some glitter on it:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/EngagementThankYou-1.jpg

IndyBride
05-08-2008, 10:19 PM
WOW!!!!!!! Those look incredible! I can't wait to see everything else you have planned!

PixyDusted
05-08-2008, 10:24 PM
WOW!!!!!!! Those look incredible! I can't wait to see everything else you have planned!

Thank you!! :goodvibes And we're getting married within 9 days of each other. YAY! :woohoo:

lov2b@disney
05-09-2008, 06:58 AM
Love the boxes! You did a great job on your invitation!:)

29apr00
05-09-2008, 07:54 AM
WOW! Great job on the announcements! Can i hire you to make my save the dates?? ;)

jennifer

PixyDusted
05-09-2008, 08:46 AM
WOW! Great job on the announcements! Can i hire you to make my save the dates?? ;)

jennifer

If you are serious...SURE! ;)

So by the way...in reference to the dinner seating - I FINALLY convinced Jason to agree to the later one. The problem was really his mom not being able to do the later seating b/c of her Bard's Esophagus (acid reflux) but truthfully the woman hardly even eats dinner. She eats a big lunch then MAYBE will eat a tiny green salad for dinner. I kept telling Jason "So me and the 40+ guests that are cruising with us from my side have to eat early b/c of your mom?" Not to be mean...but come on! That's crazy! So he said "My mom gave in." :love:

Eeyore's Tailfinder
05-09-2008, 09:11 AM
I love all the DIY stuff :) I love brides who DIY because I love looking at all the different ideas!!

Everything looks great :)

PixyDusted
05-14-2008, 04:17 PM
I couldn't resist purchasing these bubbles I found. I get emails on a regular basis from both The Knot and The Wedding Channel that they're having sales (I swear they have more sales than any other store I can think of!) so I got another routine one a few days ago, decided to look and found these awesome bubbles! They're cheap, I LOVE the color and I thought why not. :confused3 I my mind it's better to spread out the fun stuff we're buying for our cruise wedding then to wait until next year and see the bill after we purchase it all.

Heart Wedding Bubble Tubes - Aqua (http://www.weddingchannelstore.com/weddingchannel/ProductPage.aspx?scId=OnSaleWC(KnotShop)&pId=P2036(KnotShop)&cId=OnSaleWC(KnotShop)&cTypF=OS)
http://images.theknot.com/blimages/P2036_m.jpg

$5.98 for a pack of 48 isn't bad! I figure I'll just store them in a closet until next year. I bought enough for the sail away party and the wedding. I LOVE how they look in photos and it's a blast to have them for the sail away celebration.

Also, I've decided to go with mygatsby.com (www.mygatsby.com)for our wedding invitations. I was going to order the pieces and then do the printing and assembly myself but honestly for $50 more I may just bite the bullet and have them do them so I don't stress about another thing on my "to-do" list. I've been really happy with them so far. I had to call once about a question and they're were really helpful and I ordered a sample of all the papers for $5 and it was COMPLETELY worth it! If anyone's going to use them for invitations I would suggest you order samples first to see what the colors/paper textures truly look like in person.

Here's what df and I chose. (We're going with the neutral, beach feel...I wish the computer gave the color combo justice!):
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Invitation.jpg

The back paper has a great texture on it and it's called "Espresso", the middle paper is Blue Raspberry (like the color of our engagement announcements) and the top one is called Poison Ivory, which actually is slightly metallic. Much prettier in my person that what shows up on a scan. It's not TOO metallic - just enough to be really elegant. And it reminds me of sand! Again, it's a darn shame it doesn't show up well when it's scanned.

IndyBride
05-14-2008, 04:22 PM
That's a great price on the bubbles! I get the same emails from theknot too. I always look, I am waiting for the bath salts to go on sale. I'm gonna have to check that website out. I really like those colors.

alissa2008
05-14-2008, 04:29 PM
LOVE your pj so far! :worship: All those DIY projects are AMAZING!! You're so talented! :worship: :worship:

Keep up the good work, I can't wait to steal, *ahem* I mean, borrow your great ideas!! :love: :love:

29apr00
05-15-2008, 08:25 AM
Great find on the bubbles!! :thumbsup2

Goldeelox9
05-21-2008, 09:26 AM
Girl how did I miss that you started your PJ. I am so excited for you! We have a whole section of the 6th floor reserved too! :)

I agree with you on the Late Dinner. I also this it is better for little kids. Little kids don't care about food, but they will love the show. I was afraid the little kids would all eat dinner early and have the late show and just sleep through it. Now we can all go to the early show and then the kids can go to the club while thier parents eat a peaceful dinner!

PixyDusted
05-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Girl how did I miss that you started your PJ. I am so excited for you! We have a whole section of the 6th floor reserved too! :)

I agree with you on the Late Dinner. I also this it is better for little kids. Little kids don't care about food, but they will love the show. I was afraid the little kids would all eat dinner early and have the late show and just sleep through it. Now we can all go to the early show and then the kids can go to the club while thier parents eat a peaceful dinner!

Thanks Lisa! Maybe if you guys hide notes REALLY well in your rooms we'll find them months later. LOL. (Just kidding...) I'm glad you agree with me on the late dinner even for kids. And really we only have 1 child (7 yr-old) coming as of right now. I really couldn't see altering our ENTIRE party for a 7-year-old and his parents when truthfully his mom hardly ever eats dinner anyway.

accountingbabe08
05-21-2008, 08:00 PM
What a wonderful story I cannot wait to read more

PixyDusted
05-22-2008, 01:24 PM
What a wonderful story I cannot wait to read more

Thanks so much! I think it's a good story too. :cloud9:

PixyDusted
05-22-2008, 01:45 PM
I had a good time this past weekend (May 16-18). My sister and her boyfriend came to visit and we did the parks AND went bridal dress shopping! My sister's a fashion designer (she currently designs for Kate Spade) and she's making my dress for me but we had to find which one she'd base her creation off of. We went to a local shop on Friday morning and had fun looking at all the dresses and choosing which ones I should try on. I knew I wanted SIMPLE yet elegant, not a lot of beading or crystals, and I was thinking strapless though I wasn't opposed to trying something on that had straps.

As soon as the woman in the store took the dress I ended up choosing off the rack I instantly thought, "I love it! That's just what I envisioned." I didn't know it was "the one" until I tried it on. It's amazing though and I LOVE it! It makes me look really thin (nice!) and I love its elegant simplicity. My 3 bridesmaids are going to wear yellow (what dress or shade of yellow I'm still not sure of but I want a toned down canary yellow because it'll look amazing with the aqua ocean at Castaway Cay) so the sash I wear will be yellow to match. My sister's going to make 2 sashes - one plain and one I'll bead (we're a good team - she made my prom dress and I did the bead work on it) so I can decide the day of the wedding with my bridal party's help what looks better.

Here I am in the dress (sorry the lighting is horrible):
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/MikkelDress2.jpg

It's ivory and I'm going to do that instead of white. I'm VERY pale skinned and it won't make me as washed-out looking as white. I'm also short with big ****s so it's hard to find dresses that don't make me look weird (and that's AFTER a breast reduction...:lmao: ).

I wasn't going to wear a veil :bride: but when I put one on for argument's sake I really felt like a bride. So I think I'm going to wear a simple, delicate one for the ceremony then I'll take it off. Oh! And notice the cool semi-circle seams on the side of the dress in this photo! I love it!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/MikkelDress3.jpg

And here's the back:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/MikkelDress.jpg
(I'm going to let the sash hang down in the back pretty long like the photo)

And in case you can't picture what the yellow will sort of look like as the sash here's one more (it'll be a brighter yellow, it's just that this was the only yellow fabric they had in the store):
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/MikkelDress8.jpg

So my trip to the bridal store with my sister was a success! Then we went to the parks for the rest of the day (Hollywood Studios and AK in ONE afternoon...I'm a whiz at this stuff :rotfl: ) and then Saturday afternoon we did Epcot, Concourse Steakhouse dinner (yum!) and at night we went to the Magic Kingdom. Jason (df) was leaving us at that point b/c the dog needed to be walked (she can only stay in the house so long before she needs a potty break) and he was going to come back around midnight to pick us up. I argued with him to come back to be with us but he insisted..."NO". (He doesn't LOVE the parks even though he LOVES Disney...it's hot, he gets sweaty, it's crowded and you have to remember he drives to/from there daily for work. Trust me, you'd be jaded too!) So you can imagine my utter SHOCK and SUPRISE when he came back! He said he went home, walked the dog and turned back around to come join us for the evening. I guess he has some romance still left in him after all! :lovestruc I just had to share that - it really touched me.

I also got my bubbles I ordered in the mail! They look just how they do on the website! YAY!

Goldeelox9
05-22-2008, 01:53 PM
OMG.........I love the Dress! LOVE IT!~:lovestruc

IndyBride
05-22-2008, 02:26 PM
beautiful dress!!

29apr00
05-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Beautiful dress!! I espically love the big clips in the back! Are those included too? :lmao: (JK! I had to use those for every dress i tried on too! I loved it when i wanted to see the back, so they transferred the clips to the front!!! :rotfl2: )

PixyDusted
05-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Beautiful dress!! I espically love the big clips in the back! Are those included too? :lmao: (JK! I had to use those for every dress i tried on too! I loved it when i wanted to see the back, so they transferred the clips to the front!!! :rotfl2: )

:rotfl2:
I was told the clips are not included but if I would like them the nearest Home Depot or Lowe's is sure to have them in stock. :lmao: ;) :rotfl:

lov2b@disney
05-22-2008, 04:42 PM
The dress looks great on you!:lovestruc

pink_tink8i8
05-23-2008, 11:24 AM
you look fantastic in your dress! you gotta love how they clip you all in, isn't it fun? ;) I also love the colors you have chosen for your invitations. They are great :goodvibes

keenercam
05-23-2008, 11:32 AM
That style is very flattering on you! I cannot wait to see your sister's creation and your collaboration on the sash. How exciting to share that project! :goodvibes

PixyDusted
05-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Thank you to everyone for the compliments and encouragement! ;)

DisneyFairy19
05-24-2008, 09:29 PM
I LOVE your wedding dress, its beautiful

Lynn5700
05-25-2008, 12:42 AM
HI!!!! I love your dress...you look amazing in it!!! fit's you perfect!!!!!

accountingbabe08
05-25-2008, 08:46 AM
is beautiful.

teruterubouzu
05-29-2008, 10:27 PM
I really enjoyed your engagement story. Congratulations!

PixyDusted
05-30-2008, 08:56 AM
I really enjoyed your engagement story. Congratulations!

Thank you! And I love your avatar. :)

twiu
05-30-2008, 09:51 AM
Mikkel - funny story. Sam (my DF) has actually been working with your DF for the past couple weeks. I told him to tell him that we had breakfast together last weekend. Small world!!

PixyDusted
06-22-2008, 10:12 AM
My shoes are complete! I LOVE them. They were $5 at Old Navy and are exactly what I wanted. Funny enough, it cost me $30 to "bedazzle" them! So $35 for wedding shoes? Not bad! And as I said, they're exactly what I wanted.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/WeddingFlipFlops-1.jpghttp://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/WeddingFlipFlops1-1.jpg

I also bought my veil at Something Blue Bridal (local Orlando bridal store) during a sample sale they had. It's in perfect shape and I literally saved $200. AMAZING! The beads are clear swarovski crystals with alternating clear tube beads, which should give it some weight on the beach if there's a breeze (hopefully there will not be anything more than that). It comes down to my lower back. I love my veil too!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Veil-1.jpghttp://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Veil2-1.jpg

I also got 50 "Magical Gathering" pins at Guest Services yesterday (I wish they weren't gray but beggers can't be choosy). The CM asked me how many I wanted and I said, "Well I need about 75 but whatever you can give me - I can always come back another day and get more." And he gave me 50! So I only have to get 25 more now and I have 10 months to do so. It's do-able. ;) I also got 2 "Just Married" pins for us, 2 "Happy Anniversary" pins for 2 of our friends (well 4 really - 2 couples) that will be celebrating their anniversaries on the cruise, and 2 "Happy Birthday" pins - 1 for my uncle and one for my df's dad who will be celebrating their birthdays the day we leave the terminal.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Pins-1.jpg

Next on my list is finishing my first edition of our wedding newsletter and ordering our invitations.

alissa2008
06-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Dress looks great and your veil is killer!! :thumbsup2

Goldeelox9
06-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Awesome Idea about the Pins!!!!! What a good IDea.

Girl I LOVE your viel! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!!

CSwan1
06-22-2008, 07:17 PM
I just found your story today and now I'm hooked. My DH and I were married onboard the Wonder in 2006. Have you been on the cruise forum? The is a great trip report from a couple that was married on CC not long ago. It's a great story. Here is the link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1487443
Congrats and best wishes!!

PixyDusted
06-22-2008, 08:11 PM
I just found your story today and now I'm hooked. My DH and I were married onboard the Wonder in 2006. Have you been on the cruise forum? The is a great trip report from a couple that was married on CC not long ago. It's a great story. Here is the link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1487443
Congrats and best wishes!!

Hi!! Thanks for the link. Use DCL brides are few and far between! So the more reports the better. I will check out the link. Thanks!

camara381
06-22-2008, 08:23 PM
gorgeous dress!!!!!

PixyDusted
06-22-2008, 08:24 PM
gorgeous dress!!!!!

Thank you! I'm kind of fond of it myself. ;) ;) ;)

29apr00
06-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Oh your shoes are cute!!! And i love the veil!!

PixyDusted
06-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Oh your shoes are cute!!! And i love the veil!!

Thanks babe! I love it too! Your shoes are cute too ;-) I love that we both "bedazzled" sandals and they look so different. It's fun to see!

Goldeelox9
06-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Now I want to bling up some flip flops! LOL

PixyDusted
06-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Now I want to bling up some flip flops! LOL

DO IT! DO IT! :goodvibes

padisneyfour
06-24-2008, 09:44 PM
My shoes are complete! I LOVE them. They were $5 at Old Navy and are exactly what I wanted. Funny enough, it cost me $30 to "bedazzle" them! So $35 for wedding shoes? Not bad! And as I said, they're exactly what I wanted.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/WeddingFlipFlops-1.jpghttp://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/WeddingFlipFlops1-1.jpg

I also bought my veil at Something Blue Bridal (local Orlando bridal store) during a sample sale they had. It's in perfect shape and I literally saved $200. AMAZING! The beads are clear swarovski crystals with alternating clear tube beads, which should give it some weight on the beach if there's a breeze (hopefully there will not be anything more than that). It comes down to my lower back. I love my veil too!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Veil-1.jpghttp://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Veil2-1.jpg

I also got 50 "Magical Gathering" pins at Guest Services yesterday (I wish they weren't gray but beggers can't be choosy). The CM asked me how many I wanted and I said, "Well I need about 75 but whatever you can give me - I can always come back another day and get more." And he gave me 50! So I only have to get 25 more now and I have 10 months to do so. It's do-able. ;) I also got 2 "Just Married" pins for us, 2 "Happy Anniversary" pins for 2 of our friends (well 4 really - 2 couples) that will be celebrating their anniversaries on the cruise, and 2 "Happy Birthday" pins - 1 for my uncle and one for my df's dad who will be celebrating their birthdays the day we leave the terminal.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Pins-1.jpg

Next on my list is finishing my first edition of our wedding newsletter and ordering our invitations.

I love your bedazzled flips and the veil edge is very nice- everyhting looks great!:goodvibes

DisneyFairy19
06-24-2008, 09:45 PM
beatiful veil and shoes

Goldeelox9
06-25-2008, 09:00 AM
I think I may just might have to make some bejeweled Flip FLops!

I didn;t think about the viel being weighted down. What a smart girl. LOL

PixyDusted
06-25-2008, 09:04 AM
I think I may just might have to make some bejeweled Flip FLops!

I didn;t think about the viel being weighted down. What a smart girl. LOL

Haha - thanks! Sometimes I'm smart...sometimes my mind is somewhere else. But you never know - sometimes there is NO breeze at CC and sometimes it's SOOOOO windy, ya know?

Goldeelox9
06-25-2008, 09:08 AM
Haha - thanks! Sometimes I'm smart...sometimes my mind is somewhere else. But you never know - sometimes there is NO breeze at CC and sometimes it's SOOOOO windy, ya know?

I know....I am hoping for no breeze....If it is too windy I just won't wear my viel and I will save it for the MK photos!

xoxheather420oxo
06-25-2008, 11:03 AM
I actually didn't think about the wind with my veil either...hmmm I mean i'm getting married at the end of august but we will be on the water so I guess it could be windy...If it is too windy then I will probably just forgo the veil for now....

PixyDusted
06-25-2008, 11:06 AM
I actually didn't think about the wind with my veil either...hmmm I mean i'm getting married at the end of august but we will be on the water so I guess it could be windy...If it is too windy then I will probably just forgo the veil for now....

I don't know if it's the biggest deal but I think it's something to consider. And like I said, I've been to CC when there is no wind and then the last time I was there in March of this year it was VERY windy!! I hope there is just a nice, cool breeze for all of us DCL CC brides!! :cool1: :bride:

PixyDusted
06-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Here are photos of bouquets I love that I gathered from The Knot. The first one in the upper left-hand corner is my absolute favorite!

I like the idea of a colorful bouquet including orchids. We're getting married on the 3rd day of the cruise so the wilting issue is in my head and orchids will hold up really well. I've rulled out anything with hydrangeas since there is no way those would look good on day 3! I don't know if the florist will work with me on this and go outside the option in the planning book (or how far outside of the options the florist will go) but I'm in love with this bouquet so I hope she wants to help make my wedding everything I imagine it to be!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Flowers.jpg

Goldeelox9
06-25-2008, 12:05 PM
I love the bottom one on the right! They are all good. Email Cathy (She is on vacation or something) I am sure they will work with you!

IndyBride
06-25-2008, 03:55 PM
I love the slippers you made! Did you just use glue?

PixyDusted
06-25-2008, 04:19 PM
I love the slippers you made! Did you just use glue?

Thank you! I have actually glued rhinestones to sneakers before (remember when it was cool to put them on Pumas?) but used a different glue this time because the bead store I bought the rhinestones from recommended it and it was right there to buy.

I used "E6000" industrial strength glue. It was fantastic. It was $4 for the tube and it did the job - it's clear (goes on clear, dries clear), waterproof, non-flammable, flexible and paintable. It dries pretty fast too and the rhinestones don't slip off the thong part of the sandel when you're waiting for it to dry.

I used 20mm Swarovski rhinestones (they're the best quality and give the best sparkle) and needed about 240 of them total for my size 6 flip flops.

pjstevens
06-25-2008, 06:27 PM
LOVE the flip flops. I don't know if I'd have the patience to do that, but they would be great!

PixyDusted
06-25-2008, 06:41 PM
LOVE the flip flops. I don't know if I'd have the patience to do that, but they would be great!

It only took 30 minutes. It's super easy!

WithDisneySpirit
06-25-2008, 09:31 PM
I really LOVE your dress, Mikkel! You look stunning in it, clips and all! :goodvibes

29apr00
06-26-2008, 09:37 AM
I like the 2nd one in the top row!! It's beautiful, i may have to add that to my choices!! I want Calla Lilly's too! They're so beautiful!

calismic
06-26-2008, 09:47 AM
I love the top left and or bottom right one. Both are gorgeous!

MyMelody
07-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Wow just read all of your PJ and it is great!! Love the veil, flip flops, Dress, bubbles okay everything! LOL your proposal story was great! Can't wait to read more..

Happy Planning :lovestruc

PixyDusted
08-29-2008, 11:07 AM
I am SOOOO excited! I found my bridesmaids dresses! I just checked JCrew's website yesterday (I don't even know what prompted me to do that) because I really like their special occasions dresses, I just think they're overpriced at full price, and I checked the sale section and there were TONS of dresses from this past season on sale!! I guess they want to get rid of the stock because the fall season's dresses are out already.

I LOVE the dress. It was a STEAL at $99, silk, and I just adore the rope around the waist. It's very nautical! I think the yellow will look fantastic against the beach backdrop with the aqua water and tan sand.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/BridesmaidDress.jpg

I called my three bridesmaids immediately when I found it, they all loved it (which is incredible because my best friend generally doesn't like what the other two and myself do), I ran to JCrew at the mall to get my measurements taken/try on a dress to see how the sizes ran (because it's final sale and the dress is only available on the internet I wanted to make sure that the sizes were accurate) and ordered them last night! So it happened pretty quickly but I feel like it was the way I felt about my dress - when you find it you just know! Besides which, I was worried if I didn't order them right away they'd be sold out soon enough because they're sold out of the dress in almost every color except orange. So they'll arrive at my house in 7 days! I cannot wait!

As for shoes, I hope they can go barefoot on the beach but in case the sand's too hot I'll get them back up sandels.

In other wedding news, my invitations are almost ready to go (I just have to print the envelopes, stuff and stamp), and I got my contract from Cathy yesterday.

29apr00
08-29-2008, 11:09 AM
Great choice!!

Goldeelox9
08-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Ekkk....Mikkel! They are sooo perfect! They are going to look so perfect!

keenercam
08-29-2008, 12:09 PM
WOW! Those are beautiful!! Love the style and color. So, how did you think their sizes ran? Do they run kind of small?

PixyDusted
08-29-2008, 12:17 PM
WOW! Those are beautiful!! Love the style and color. So, how did you think their sizes ran? Do they run kind of small?

They run true to size. I'm a 4 normally and with the measurements of the dresses and the measurements the manager at JCrew took when I was there I'd be a 4. Same for the three bridesmaids - true to size.

I love it so much I considered buying one for myself but I can just borrow my sister's if I ever want to wear it after the wedding for a special occasion since we're the same size.

keenercam
08-29-2008, 12:21 PM
That is so good to know. Thank you!! WOW! A 4!!! :faint: You are itty bitty! ;)

PixyDusted
08-29-2008, 12:24 PM

Haha I wish. I have a tummy, I promise, that could afford to go down a bit and I need to seriously work out my arms. I think if I was really in shape and better about working out I'd probably be a 2 b/c I have a small frame. I fluctuate between 4 and 6. But thank you for the compliments! :rotfl:

If you want to order from JCrew and need the measurements of the sizes just let me know and I can email them to you.

keenercam
08-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Thank you, Mikkel! I was just looking to see if there is anything that might work for our DP, but I think I'll go try some dresses on in the next couple of months before I decide.

IndyBride
08-29-2008, 04:03 PM
That's a great dress at a fabulous price!! I'll have to take a look for dresses. I love wearing dresses because it's so easy!

PixyDusted
08-29-2008, 04:05 PM
That's a great dress at a fabulous price!! I'll have to take a look for dresses. I love wearing dresses because it's so easy!

Val, it's DEFINITELY worth looking! They have SUCH CUTE DRESSES for sale right now! Just adorable stuff!!!

WithDisneySpirit
08-29-2008, 08:02 PM

I met her in person, Cam and she is itty bitty! :cutie: And I only mean that in the nicest way :goodvibes

The dress is perfectly nautical! I cannot wait to see pictures of the wedding afterward:thumbsup2

PixyDusted
08-29-2008, 08:44 PM
I met her in person, Cam and she is itty bitty! :cutie: And I only mean that in the nicest way :goodvibes

The dress is perfectly nautical! I cannot wait to see pictures of the wedding afterward:thumbsup2

Hey Lisa! I was just looking at the Ohana thread today...what a coincidence! So nice to "hear" from you! :goodvibes :goodvibes

Thanks for the compliment, LOL....you are a skinny, fit woman though! More so than me!

WithDisneySpirit
08-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Hey Lisa! I was just looking at the Ohana thread today...what a coincidence! So nice to "hear" from you! :goodvibes :goodvibes

Thanks for the compliment, LOL....you are a skinny, fit woman though! More so than me!

I love being called skinny, LOL!!! Thanks :goodvibes Not feeling too skinny right now since my second honeymoon trip :laughing: Still trying to take off the wieght I gained eating at all my fave Disney restaurants!

I am training for the Disney marathon and need to get to my lower weight so I don't pound this older bod too much :rotfl:

I am really getting excited about your plans though! Can you post a pic of your invites? :3dglasses

PixyDusted
09-10-2008, 12:08 PM
So here's the invitation:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/TheInvitation-blurred-1.jpg

We wanted something classy and elegant yet fun and beachy. I think we achieved that. I edited the wording a bit from someone's post on the disboards...so THANK YOU! I just absolutely fell in love with it and the invitations went out last week and everyone else loves the wording too! The invitation dimensions are really 5x7" and I ordered them from mygatsby.com. I ordered them disassembled to save money and then spent about $15 on glue dots (they work like a charm - I use them for scrapbooking all the time) and put them together myself.

The text on the invitation is raised (and it's a really dark brown, btw, not black) and the white paper's actually a gorgeous metallic paper (it's called Poison Ivory) with just enough sparkle to remind me of the beach! And the palm tree doesn't seem like it's in my character to add but DF and I really liked it when we saw the option to add it.

I didn't want to go crazy with response cards because of the cost of not only the card but the postage to return them to us, and hey, there's internet these days! So I decided to get 2 inserts printed up: 1 was an "RSVP" card that simply said to reply via our website (which has an RSVP feature I activated) and the other was a "Welcome Aboard" card that went to those we know are already coming. I left a line for their cruise confirmation number and wrote them in for each couple as I stuffed the envelope. (We know mostly who is coming and who isn't so when we sent them out I was able to do this.) We sent out 105 invitations, for 193 people invited...but we already know only about 70 are coming. So that's a good number for us!

RSVP Card (they're both 4.25x5.25"):
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/RSVP-card-web-1.jpg

Welcome Aboard Card:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/WelcomeAboard-card-web-1.jpg

On to the exterior...
I printed on the envelopes myself with a free font I found online. I looked into purchasing the script of the invitation but it was $150 and I said no thank you... I copied the palm tree from the invitation and printed it next to the return address to keep the theme going. And the stamps are Disney of course! That Mickey Mouse stamp is PERFECT! Unfortunately there are only 5 of those per page (the other ones are Aurora and the fairies, 101 Dalmations, and The Jungle Book) so special people got the Mickey stamp.

Envelope:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Envelope-web-1.jpg

And I splurged on a wax seal. I say splurged b/c the stamps aren't cheap (but you can use them forever) and the wax is DEFINITELY not cheap! :rotfl: But it really added a special detail to the back of the envelope. The actual size was probably a little bigger than a dime but I enlarged it so you could see:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Envelope-waxseal.jpg

All in all if I had all the money in the world to work with I would've done something more elaborate with pockets and more inserts but to spend over $400 on paper that's going to be thrown away in the end is unnecessary. So I'm glad this is what I came up with and what we sent out because I do love it!

Next posts...I'll show you the locket I won off of ebay for my bouquet and the bridesmaids dresses are in!!

kellig
09-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Wow Mikkel, I :love: your invitations, reply cards, envelopes, and especially your seal! It seems to real to actually see it in writing and to mail the invitations out. Can't wait to hear more of your planning!

keenercam
09-10-2008, 12:30 PM
GORGEOUS invitations, Mikkel!! :)

Goldeelox9
09-10-2008, 12:39 PM
I Love them!!!! The Wax Seal is Great! Hmmm...No No, No more projects lisa! LOL

PixyDusted
09-10-2008, 12:41 PM
I Love them!!!! The Wax Seal is Great! Hmmm...No No, No more projects lisa! LOL

That's what I keep telling myself...but I always end up adding more to the list!

xoxheather420oxo
09-10-2008, 12:48 PM
I love the wax seals and the invites are great too!!!

29apr00
09-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Wow your invites are so cute!! And you have a lot of people coming!! WOW great job!! the wax seal is a great idea! Very personal!

teruterubouzu
09-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Beautiful invitations! Relaxed, but elegant. The wax seal adds such a nice touch. My mom often used one when she sent out special cards and notes.

WithDisneySpirit
09-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Mikkel, I love the wax seal as well!! :goodvibes I looked at them when I was trying to hunt down a way to put Mickey's head on our invites and I thought at the time 'what a neat idea' I love the addition of the palm tree and the colors :lovestruc

anewmac
09-12-2008, 12:47 AM
Great job love the invitations! I have my 6yr olds birthday invites to do.. can i hire you LOL

PixyDusted
09-12-2008, 10:05 AM
Great job love the invitations! I have my 6yr olds birthday invites to do.. can i hire you LOL

Haha - thanks for the compliment! Actually I'm putting up an Etsy store this month (or the beginning of October) for water bottle labels and favors if any brides are interested! :lovestruc :cool1:

PixyDusted
09-23-2008, 08:33 PM
I got the dresses a few weeks ago...just wanted to post 2 photos! I LOVE them! And they went down $20 after I bought them so I called JCrew to ask if they could refund me the difference....and they did!

They were AMAZING to work with. I would recommend them to anyone. I just received a swatch of the fabric in the mail too so I can bring it to the florist and to NY to shop for similar fabric for a sash for my wedding dress.

My sister ordered a 4, which is my size, so I tried it on and made my DF do a photo shoot!! :rotfl:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/BridesmaidsDresses3-1.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/BridesmaidsDresses4-1.jpg

It needs to be ironed and I didn't exactly spend a ton of time tying the rope belt correctly but whatever....they still look awesome and they'll be perfect the day of the wedding! And they're SO well constructed and the silk is a really great quality fabric. For $80 per dress how could we go wrong?

Goldeelox9
09-23-2008, 08:41 PM
You know I love them! I can not wait to see them against the aqua water! It is going to be sooo pretty!

camara381
09-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Beautiful Dress!!! Love the color.

twiu
09-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Mikkel!!! I miss you! Your BM dresses are awesome! I don't spend a lot of time on dis anymore but I'd be glad to tell you all about our wedding over chocolate martinis. I'll call you soon and we'll meet up. Deal? Can't wait to hear all your plans too!

WithDisneySpirit
09-23-2008, 10:05 PM
It looks just wonderful, especially for a cruise wedding :goodvibes :lovestruc

thatdisneygirl
09-23-2008, 10:26 PM
I can't believe those were only $80! They're so pretty and such a great color!

teruterubouzu
09-23-2008, 10:31 PM
That is a beautiful dress. Like everyone has said, the color is going to be so striking against the blue of the sky and ocean. Great color palette!

IndyBride
09-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Beautiful dresses! I can't believe they were such a great deal!

WithDisneySpirit
09-24-2008, 08:35 AM
Mikkel!!! I miss you! Your BM dresses are awesome! I don't spend a lot of time on dis anymore but I'd be glad to tell you all about our wedding over chocolate martinis. I'll call you soon and we'll meet up. Deal? Can't wait to hear all your plans too!

I can't meet up for chocolate martinis until January when I run the marathon but I sure want to hear about your wedding too!!!!! popcorn::

I hope I see a trip report from Mikkel at least! Pretty please :lovestruc

29apr00
09-24-2008, 08:40 AM
Love the dresses Mikkel! The color is so beautiful!!

:rotfl: I was going to say you and your sister look exactly alike!:rotfl: then i read a little further and saw that it was you in her dress!

PixyDusted
09-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Love the dresses Mikkel! The color is so beautiful!!

:rotfl: I was going to say you and your sister look exactly alike!:rotfl: then i read a little further and saw that it was you in her dress!

Haha - we look similar but not that similar! :lmao:

Here's my sister and me (uh, no - she's not a natural blonde...her hair's actually naturally darker than mine):

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/DSC_0192_1-1.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/DSC_0187_1-1.jpg

She is the one making my wedding dress. :bride:

29apr00
12-11-2008, 10:42 AM
We haven't had any updates lately Mikkel! How's the planning coming along?

Goldeelox9
12-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Yeah Girl...Post some updates, I know you have some!

PixyDusted
12-16-2008, 08:11 PM
I know, I've been bad about updating you guys! I've been so busy with a new job (I got an amazing job working for Universal Creative (sort of the Universal equivalent of Imagineering) on the Harry Potter project team! So I love my job and because of that I just love doing work for it! So it's sort of taken over! LOL.

Anyway, I have a short update for the time being...

Here's the locket I won on ebay! I really loved the antique look and the waves and stuff on the outside. Plus, it has 2 slots for photos and I want to put 2 photos in of my grandfathers that have passed away. I ended up winning it for $60 on ebay and I found a 50% off coupon for Paypal so it was only $30!! It's really nice - worth every penny and worry over whether or not I was going to win the auction for an affordable price. It's yellow gold and all my jewelry is white gold but I figured no big deal - who's really going to know the difference? I just want to know that my grandfathers are somehow at my wedding and perhaps get a photo snapped of the bouquet with the locket by the photographer we've hired (oh yeah, I have to update you on that too!).

Here's the locket:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/LocketFront.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/LocketMiddle.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/LocketSide.jpg

Pretty, right? It's pretty small - no more than 1.5" square. Perfect for the bouquet!

Okay so next thing...

Lisa and I met in person! She got married on the November 2nd sailing aboard Disney's Wonder - she's Goldeelox9 on the DIS boards for all you lurkers. :goodvibes Anyway, we talk on the phone and we've formed a nice friendship so I was just THRILLED to meet her and Pete in person when they were here on their honeymoon!

Here we are at the Grand Floridian:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/LisaMikkel2.jpg

And I surprised her and Pete with a keepsake cake since I knew that her shower was themed on pink gerber daisies and her bridesmaids' bouquets had them too (it's a "dummy" cake - styrofoam cake decorated with real sugar stuff so they can keep it forever at home!):

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/LisaPete_WedCake.jpg

Okay, back to my report - the reason I bring up Lisa is because she told me that it was fine in the end, however for $900 (what she had to pay to get the disk of their photos) and an argument with Shutters over just how many photos they'd be receiving on the disk, aside from having to spend 3 hours of their precious cruise time deciding on what pictures to choose to have printed AND having to art direct the "novice" photographer herself...she told me that it's worth paying for a photographer to sail with us. So I mentioned I had thought of that months ago but due to our "budget" I thought if I could just get the disk I'd deal with whatever the ship's photographers could do (the photos are VERY important to me). Well, with this new revelation (can't just buy the disk) I was back to this mentality - and I had her explain this to my fiance, Jason, in person when we met up for a drink.

Jason thought I was, "crazy if you think someone's going to sail with us and photograph the event, then hand over the disk for free." I told him that it wasn't free - we'd be paying for the photographer's cruise and ask that he/she give us a disk of all the photos in return. I said, "Just watch - I'll find someone."

I immediately started looking! I LOVE the photo journalistic style of photography so that was an added challenge. It's hard to find people who work in that style and it's even harder to find people who excel at it. Well I found one! He advertised his services on Craigslist and, long story short, he's flying in from California with his wife (I said we'd pay for him and a guest since the price for 2 people to sail in 1 room is the same as if 1 person were to sail in that same room) to photograph our wedding! And it's a thorough contract so I think we're set. :woohoo:

Additionally, the BONUS to this is that not only will I get INCREDIBLE photos in the style that I want, but he's going to photograph the "getting ready" part of the day and also tons of photos on the beach, around the ship and later that night when we all go out to cotinue the celebrations. :yay: And you don't get that with the ship's photographer so I'm thrilled. I called DFTW (Cathy) to get it IN WRITING that I was able to do this. I was told that as long as he's sailing as a paying guest it's fine. Here's the photographer's website: http://noelhadley.com (http://noelhadley.com/nhp/index.html)

So basically I'm getting everything I want in a photographer and more (and all the photos I want on a disk as opposed to Shutter's 75 photos on the disk) for about $300 more than what the ship's photographer costs. Nice. ;) (Can you see me jumping up and down?) :cheer2: PLUS all the getting ready photos, etc. AND basically all the time I would've spent choosing photos on the ship... WOO HOO!! :dance3: AND he's a REAL PROFESSIONAL!!! AND photo journalistic! AND...okay, I'll stop there. You get the point. :yay:

I finished up our newsletter, edition 1, but I have to post that another time. I have to leave something to your curiousity right? And I made the cutest tank tops for my 3 bridesmaids - but again, I have to do that in the next post (really because I need to take/upload photos of the tank tops).

In other news, I met Cathy and her boss Cindy for lunch Dec. 8th with my fiance due to my unhappiness thus far with how things are handled. I said this in another post so I won't go on about it here forever, but I will say this public service announcement: I think Cathy does a slightly less than satisfactory job - and that's NOT ACCEPTABLE for a wedding, especially a DISNEY wedding. If you'd like to know more about my meeting w/them please pm me.

People are slowly backing out of coming on our cruise. That's okay - we're shocked the people backing out booked in the first place! But with a total of around 70-75 guests sailing with us, I'm a-okay that people are dropping. Don't get me wrong - the more the merrier. But it just means less expense for us with the gift bags.

I'm in touch with The Perfect Gift as well about using an outside florist b/c I want to cut costs there and I know I'll get more "bang for my buck" going that route. I'll keep you updated as I know more.

Next thing on my "to-do" list is going to be making luggage tags for everyone sailing with us (I have the fabric all cut for those - just have to find the time to sew them) and finish up the Planning Kit.

Until then, thanks for reading!

(Hey Lisa, if I'm leaving out any details you think are good for other DCL brides to know just yell at me. ;) )

twiu
12-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Holy crap you met Lisa!!! That's awesome. Um.. why was I not invited to that meeting? Hmmmmm????

PixyDusted
12-16-2008, 08:23 PM
Holy crap you met Lisa!!! That's awesome. Um.. why was I not invited to that meeting? Hmmmmm????

Haha - I didn't even know you knew her. Now I feel bad!!!!!!! :guilty:

Goldeelox9
12-16-2008, 09:19 PM
Hey Girlie! What a great picture of us. I LOVE your locket! LOVE IT! I am jelous in avance of your pictures, just so you know! You are going to have some AWESOME ones. I am so mad I didn't "hire" an outside photographer!

Goldeelox9
12-16-2008, 09:20 PM
Tracy...We are coming back in Nov.....ok almost a year from now. We can all meet up then, promise!

anewmac
12-17-2008, 12:02 AM
OMG how awesome about the photogropher Great idea! Cant wait to read more details!

29apr00
12-17-2008, 08:57 AM
It's so great that you are able to bring your own photographer!!

I really hope that your talk with Cathy was able to get some things changed!!!

WithDisneySpirit
12-17-2008, 07:45 PM
I loved your update!!!! How fabulous about the photog and I checked out his site. You are sure to be thrilled :goodvibes :lovestruc :thumbsup2

Sleeping_Beauty81
12-18-2008, 11:02 AM
I love all your plans so far.

You're making me jealous because my wedding is gonna be so plain in comparison to yours.:thumbsup2

DF and I are getting married on the Wonder on the 27th of April. We get off the ship same day you get on.

PixyDusted
12-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Tracy...We are coming back in Nov.....ok almost a year from now. We can all meet up then, promise!

We should! That'd be awesome!

I love all your plans so far.

You're making me jealous because my wedding is gonna be so plain in comparison to yours.:thumbsup2

DF and I are getting married on the Wonder on the 27th of April. We get off the ship same day you get on.

AHHH! So fun! Too bad the time between your arrival back and port and our arrival to get on is spread apart. I can't wait to hear all about your wedding though! Do you have PJ? I am CERTAIN your wedding will be just as great as ours!!!

PixyDusted
12-27-2008, 12:52 AM
I made this monogram for stuff for our wedding tonight...working on another one at the moment. (Though I really should be in bed at 1:25am!)

The colors are wonky on photobucket but it's aqua (like our invitations) and there's a small outline on the "S" in, what I consider, a mango color.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Monogram-1.jpg

WithDisneySpirit
12-27-2008, 08:25 AM
I can see the mango, Mikkel. the S is beautiful in your monogram :lovestruc

camara381
12-27-2008, 12:16 PM
yay for finding a photog!! :cool1: Love the monogram!!!!

c1nd3r311a52010
12-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Love the monogram and finding a photog thats awesome you will get all the pics you want to get.

tiggersam00
01-02-2009, 12:33 PM
love all your planning so far! Your so crafty, I need some to keep reading your PJ so you inspire me to be more creative, lol!

PixyDusted
01-02-2009, 02:55 PM
love all your planning so far! Your so crafty, I need some to keep reading your PJ so you inspire me to be more creative, lol!

Haha - thanks! I do consider myself to be a lot more creative than your average crafty bear. Glad you're inspired! The more creativity in the world the better!:lovestruc

PixyDusted
01-03-2009, 07:29 PM
I created these great tank tops for my bridal party and 2 good friends.

I simply bought 4 Daisy Duck rhinestone appliques from ebay, some other loose iron ons to make my own transfers and the necessary mylar paper to do so, and then tons of tank tops from Forever 21 for $3.50 a piece. Here's the photos...

Daisy Duck: I made four of these - 1 for me, and three for my bridal party (2 matrons of honor and 1 maid of honor). I decided it'd be really cute to wear to the pool during the cruise (cover up kind of) and I have visions of everyone's hair being in a pony tail :-) to reveal Daisy Duck on their backs! So cute, right?

Here's the back of the tank top (it looks REALLY long but when you put it on it bunches up so it's shorter):
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/WeddingTankTops5.jpg

And here's the front of the tank top on the left (plain) and the back on the right with the iron-on transfer:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/WeddingTankTops6.jpg

Here's a close up of the design (I bought it "as is" so I didn't create this one - just simply ironed it on!):
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/WeddingTankTops4.jpg

I also really wanted to make something for the bridal party, myself, and my future SIL, Kristen, and my other really good friend Jill (I actually designed 2 extra for my future MIL and my mom too but I have to get them "mom appropriate" shirts to iron the design onto). For these I bought the mylar paper you need to make your own iron-on heat transfer design and loose rhinestones. I bought small black ones and really tiny "clear" ones.

I then printed out the design I created from Photoshop, and followed the instructions included with the mylar paper of how to create the design.

This is me with tweezers for 2 hours creating the design (well worth it!):
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/RhinestoneCreation.jpg

And then I ironed them on the front upper right-hand corner and voila!
Here's the tank tops...

Here's the front (three in a row...though I made 6 total so far):
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/WeddingTankTops.jpg

Here's the front even closer up:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/DSC_0428.jpg

And here it is full length (and again, not as long on as when it's laying on the floor):
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/WeddingTankTops2.jpg

I also ordered sandels for my bridal party. I ended up just buying a pair for me to wear with jeans in everyday life and then bought 2 pair for my 2 matrons of honor. My sister (maid of honor) already has a pair she loves (actually she has them in a few colors). They're a great price - on sale for $9.99 - and they look better than the average flip flop.

My plan is for them to go barefoot but if the sand's too hot we need a back up plan. Here's the plan, ordered in silver (they look better on actually then they do in the photo):
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Sandels.jpg

WithDisneySpirit
01-03-2009, 08:01 PM
I love the designs you did on the shirts, Mikkel, they are great. Having the tanks be long makes your waist look skinny anyway :goodvibes

You are being a very creative bride :lovestruc

PrincessShea
01-03-2009, 08:08 PM
O.M.G.

Those Mickeys with the letters in them are genius. I am totally stealing that idea! :goodvibes Awesome idea!!!

PixyDusted
01-03-2009, 08:12 PM
I love the designs you did on the shirts, Mikkel, they are great. Having the tanks be long makes your waist look skinny anyway :goodvibes

You are being a very creative bride :lovestruc

Haha - good thinking! And I'm kind of creative (okay, without sounding egotistical really creative) in daily life ;) so I think most of our guests expect me to do the creative details. I think I'd disappoint them if I didn't. :rotfl:

anewmac
01-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Haha - good thinking! And I'm kind of creative (okay, without sounding egotistical really creative) in daily life ;) so I think most of our guests expect me to do the creative details. I think I'd disappoint them if I didn't. :rotfl:

You are totally creative and be proud of it! Great job I love them! :thumbsup2

Ok going to take my Michael's coupon and go get some of this and make me a couple new tanks for our next cruise. ohhhh and I have a batchellorett party I need to get going on this would be great for our night/day out.. OMG you have given me a great starting point thank you! OH but I may be coming back and asking you for help if need b LOL

PixyDusted
01-03-2009, 09:03 PM
You are totally creative and be proud of it! Great job I love them! :thumbsup2

Ok going to take my Michael's coupon and go get some of this and make me a couple new tanks for our next cruise. ohhhh and I have a batchellorett party I need to get going on this would be great for our night/day out.. OMG you have given me a great starting point thank you! OH but I may be coming back and asking you for help if need b LOL

Thanks!

If you need help ask away. Michael's has some "Jerzee" brand t-shirts I can think off off the top of my head that are super cheap and good quality if you want to buy those for your "base" there but in case you can't find tank tops I got mine at Forever 21 for $3.50 each. And they had a ton of colors to choose from. (Not sure if that store exists where you are but I know they have them on the east coast.)

camara381
01-03-2009, 10:39 PM
I posted this on the other one but those are the coolest tanks I've seen!!!!!

bridetobe789
01-04-2009, 01:25 AM
Great job Mikkel!! The tanks look great!! What did you search on ebay to find transfers like that?!

PixyDusted
01-04-2009, 09:48 AM
Great job Mikkel!! The tanks look great!! What did you search on ebay to find transfers like that?!

The Daisy Duck one I cannot find anymore - I searched to link you guys up to the woman's store. Maybe she doesn't sell them anymore? I'm guessing a google search would find SOMEONE who sells those though.

You can still find the rhinestones on ebay though. (There are some other cute Disney transfers like Minnie Mouse and Tinkerbell they're just not as inexpensive as Daisy Duck was for me.) Just search "hot fix" or "hotfix." That's the type of rhinestones they are. :-)

Lynn5700
01-05-2009, 12:12 PM
OMG those Tanks are sooooo cute!!!!! You did a great job!

MegKate
01-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Those tank tops are too awesome Mikkel - you're so crafty! :goodvibes And patient as well... 2 hours placing rhinestones! :scared1:

PixyDusted
01-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Those tank tops are too awesome Mikkel - you're so crafty! :goodvibes And patient as well... 2 hours placing rhinestones! :scared1:

Thanks! I don't have patience for everything in life but arts and crafts I do!

torsie24
01-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Mikkel - I just read your whole PJ and all I can say is:

WOW!

I iwsh I as a tenth as imaginative and creative and skilled as you!!!

Your wedding is going to be just awesome!!!

PixyDusted
01-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Mikkel - I just read your whole PJ and all I can say is:

WOW!

I iwsh I as a tenth as imaginative and creative and skilled as you!!!

Your wedding is going to be just awesome!!!

Aw, thanks! I'm jealous you're going to Disneyland Paris!

princess22
01-19-2009, 04:58 PM
I remember reading your engagement story a few months ago, you guys are adorable!

Your PJ is great so far. I know you have heard this a hundred times, but why not one more: you are so creative! I might need to hire you to help me with my wedding (I'm only 40 minutes away!) haha!!!

PixyDusted
01-19-2009, 06:19 PM
I remember reading your engagement story a few months ago, you guys are adorable!

Your PJ is great so far. I know you have heard this a hundred times, but why not one more: you are so creative! I might need to hire you to help me with my wedding (I'm only 40 minutes away!) haha!!!

Aw thanks! I'm happy to help!

Caitsmama
01-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Mikkel, i followed you here from the scrapbook forum, LOL and read your engagement story, and just sat and read thru all 10 pages here - and WOW!!! You will have an amazing wedding --- love all your creative ideas and projects, but then again, i would only expect that from you - having seen what you can do! ;)

I am now going to be following this journal faithfully, as someday i would LOVE to do a Vow Renewal on the DCL - We have been married for 11 years this aug. Got married at 20, so we couldn't have afforded to do something like this back then, but maybe for our 15th year ann. Who knows.. :)

PixyDusted
01-30-2009, 11:41 PM
Mikkel, i followed you here from the scrapbook forum, LOL and read your engagement story, and just sat and read thru all 10 pages here - and WOW!!! You will have an amazing wedding --- love all your creative ideas and projects, but then again, i would only expect that from you - having seen what you can do! ;)

I am now going to be following this journal faithfully, as someday i would LOVE to do a Vow Renewal on the DCL - We have been married for 11 years this aug. Got married at 20, so we couldn't have afforded to do something like this back then, but maybe for our 15th year ann. Who knows.. :)

Thanks hun! We love DCL! You should totally do it! Lots of people do VR's there. Loved your Small World LO btw! It's definitely one of your best layouts!

Caitsmama
01-31-2009, 06:47 AM
Oh, Mikkel, i had a question for ya - when you were designing your own rhinestone iron-on's - what is that special paper that you used? Where did you get it from? I am doing the princess 1/2 marathon in March, and would love to do something like this!

PixyDusted
01-31-2009, 10:24 PM
Oh, Mikkel, i had a question for ya - when you were designing your own rhinestone iron-on's - what is that special paper that you used? Where did you get it from? I am doing the princess 1/2 marathon in March, and would love to do something like this!

It's special mylar paper. I got it from ebay. It's specially made (I think) for the hot fix iron on rhinestones.

pink_tink8i8
02-01-2009, 11:41 AM
OMG- the tank tops are amazing!

PixyDusted
02-08-2009, 10:04 PM
OMG- the tank tops are amazing!

Thank you so much! So sweet of you.

ONTO THE FLOWERS:

On January 31st (Saturday) Jason and I went to Port Canaveral to meet with Maria at The Perfect Gift (the flower shop the famous DIS poster Shirley owns).

We went over everything Saturday (Jason of course didn't really care one way or another but I of course asked his opinion, which shocked Maria because most brides don't ask their grooms such things) including numbers and budget and despite me not really liking hypericum berries for my own wedding (I LOVE the idea of them for fall weddings but we're getting married on a beach in the caribbean in May) I said okay and agreed. I am NOT a pushover - I actually just thought I liked them there. But I came home, photoshoped everything together and hated it. The yellow of the bridesmaids dresses is hard to work with and I thought orange would look good for mostly the entire bridesmaid bouquet but when I put it together it was too "fruity" looking - lemons, oranges...kwim?

So I am not really a fan of purple like some purple, pink, what have you, freaks out there but I really love how this combo looked. I'll let the pictures do the talking. Yup, I'm nuts - I spent over 10 hours trying different combos, getting everything together, everything looking right, and I love this. I know it won't look like this exactly, but I know it'll look close in terms of the colors and textures...and of course the real deal will be more amazing!

I'm waiting for a new quote from her to see what my "beefing" up of everything will cost but I hope she works with me to get costs around the same.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Flowers-w-Attire.jpg

(That ribbon is a hand dyed silk ribbon I'm going to get from a trimmings store in Manhattan my sister goes to a lot for her job (fashion industry).)

The groomsmen's bout.'s will look something like this with three Mokara Orchids:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/boutonniere-1.jpg

But with the green seeded eucalyptus added in from here:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/boutonniere2.jpg

ETA: Here's the flowers we're using (for the most part):
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/FlowerSheet.jpg

So totals:
- 1 bridal bouquet
- 3 bridesmaids bouquets
- 5 groomsmens boutennaires (3 groomsmen, plus my dad and brother)
- 2 corsages (mothers...but I want to increase this to 4 if I can afford it for my 2 grandmothers that are coming b/c I know they'll love it)

Hmmm...I think that's it.

I know it's loud and funky but I like that. Especially b/c I think the wedding setting is so unique, sunny and fun.

Goldeelox9
02-08-2009, 10:26 PM
OMG Mikkel....they are great! SOOOO great! I love them! You are going to have the best wedding. I can not wait to see everything together!

Sleeping_Beauty81
02-08-2009, 10:26 PM
I like the dresses and flowers together. They compliment each other really well. Really great choice.

anewmac
02-08-2009, 11:37 PM
I love the colors together! Great job and nope dont think your a nut, I would so be doing the same thing If I knew how to photoshop LOL.

29apr00
02-09-2009, 08:05 AM
I like the flowers! The purple looks great next to the yellow dresses! Are you getting any other flowers from them? I'm thinking of getting some table centerpiece flowers for our dinner in Palo.

tiggersam00
02-09-2009, 08:34 AM
everything looks great, very beachy and tropical! I love the purple with the yellow, its a great choice!

WishingMom
02-09-2009, 08:47 AM
The flowers look great with the yellow dresses. I'd never be creative enough to put together that image!!! Good Job!!

keenercam
02-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Wow! Mikkel, you have such an amazing artistic vision. The combination of those dresses and flowers is absolutely stunning and picture perfect for a dream Caribbean beach wedding! It is going to be gorgeous, sweetie!

Caitsmama
02-09-2009, 09:13 AM
Mikkel, those are beautiful!! Great job on the photos! LOL

PixyDusted
02-09-2009, 09:15 AM
I like the flowers! The purple looks great next to the yellow dresses! Are you getting any other flowers from them? I'm thinking of getting some table centerpiece flowers for our dinner in Palo.

No but we've decided not to do the Palo dinner because we have so many people sailing with us - so we're saving money (we were going to pay for 12 people to eat there) and making ourselves more "available" to our guests by not secluding ourselves up there for dinner. Moreso my parents' choice and my fiance's than my own! :rotfl:

But I think they'll do a good job, Jennifer. I would use them over Disney floral just because of the price if I were you. I called around to see who else maybe can deliver to the ship just so I had some options but I couldn't find any other shop.

camara381
02-09-2009, 09:36 AM
I love the color combination. The purple really brings the dress to life!!!

PixyDusted
02-25-2009, 12:26 PM
I thought I'd pop in and mention DF and I have decided to postpone our wedding. We don't have a new date set yet. We're just working through some things, including finances.

I'll keep you updated though as decisions are made! Thank you everyone for your support!

princess22
02-25-2009, 06:53 PM
I thought I'd pop in and mention DF and I have decided to postpone our wedding. We don't have a new date set yet. We're just working through some things, including finances.

I'll keep you updated though as decisions are made! Thank you everyone for your support!

Very sorry to hear that. Sending some pixie dust your way!pixiedust:

Hope things all work out for you soon. Keep us updated!

MegKate
02-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Very sorry to hear that. Sending some pixie dust your way!pixiedust:

Hope things all work out for you soon. Keep us updated!

Ditto that Mikkel!! pixiedust:

WithDisneySpirit
02-25-2009, 09:06 PM
I wish you good luck with setting the date and finances! We all need to watch our finances at this time!! :hug:

camara381
02-25-2009, 09:58 PM
:hug: I'm so sorry Mikkel! :hug:

anewmac
02-26-2009, 01:26 AM
hugs hun!

tiggersam00
02-26-2009, 09:16 AM
:flower3: let us know if you need anything... I know times can get tough sometimes, here's hoping you get it all sorted out soon:hug:

torsie24
02-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Love the flowers and dresses together!!!!!! It's going to be soooo stunning! :)

PixyDusted
03-23-2009, 11:11 AM
New Wedding Date: 9/26/09....with the three-day cruise leaving 9/24/09!! :cool1:

Caitsmama
03-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Hey chickie!! That date was supposed to be my sis's original wedding date.. How FUNNY!!!! Congrats girl!

DISNEYMAGIC2005
03-23-2009, 12:12 PM
I'm glad to see that you worked everything out! :goodvibes September sounds great! Are you going to keep with your original dress and flowers?

PixyDusted
03-23-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm glad to see that you worked everything out! :goodvibes September sounds great! Are you going to keep with your original dress and flowers?

Yes! I am!!

And Stacy - that is really funny!! :lmao:

pinkcow
03-23-2009, 02:05 PM
New Wedding Date: 9/26/09....with the three-day cruise leaving 9/24/09!! :cool1:

Oh that's fantastic! :banana::banana:

tiggersam00
03-23-2009, 04:45 PM
that seems like a great date:thumbsup2. Glad everything worked out:goodvibes

spacerangerqueen
03-23-2009, 05:10 PM
yey! I'm glad you got a new date!
Is that the last sailing before the Wonder goes into drydock?

camara381
03-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Congrats Mikkel that's awesome!!!!

pink_tink8i8
03-23-2009, 05:26 PM
I love your flowers. They are so bright and colorful

anewmac
03-24-2009, 12:35 AM

WOOHOOO congrats.

That will be exactly a yr from the date we got on our 1st disney cruise (9/26) My kids will always remember your anniversary LOL :lmao:

keenercam
03-24-2009, 10:05 AM
So happy for you, sweetie! :hug:

Birdrav
03-24-2009, 06:04 PM
I LOVE what you have done so far!

Sorry to hear about postponing. We planned for a Nov 09 wedding, back in June of 08. just to make SURE we could pay it off. (Still struggling though)

Congratulations a million times. :cheer2:
Its too much fun, having the opportunity to talk to those who love Disney, the Beach, and getting married!

Bride-to-be
03-24-2009, 06:48 PM
I just read your whole PJ - I LOVE everything you have done so far! I especially like the tank tops - I am going to have to go look for stuff on ebay!!! The flowers are amazing - so much better than the ones from disney. Do you think it a mistake to go through the disney florist at WDW - do you think I should order from cape canveral instead?

I think its a good thing that you moved your date - it gives you more time to plan.

I am just curious if you are doing the beach ceremony have you heard anything about these supposedly mystery enhancements for the ceremony decor?

PixyDusted
03-24-2009, 10:18 PM
I just read your whole PJ - I LOVE everything you have done so far! I especially like the tank tops - I am going to have to go look for stuff on ebay!!! The flowers are amazing - so much better than the ones from disney. Do you think it a mistake to go through the disney florist at WDW - do you think I should order from cape canveral instead?

I think its a good thing that you moved your date - it gives you more time to plan.

I am just curious if you are doing the beach ceremony have you heard anything about these supposedly mystery enhancements for the ceremony decor?

Hmmm....what kind of enhancements are you speaking of? I haven't heard of anything. It's pretty low-key, having it through Disney, but that's what makes it kind of beautifully simplified. Life should be that way sometimes! :cutie:

MegKate
03-27-2009, 11:28 PM

YAY!! Congrats on the new date Mikkel!! :banana:

tiggerrifficheidi
03-28-2009, 09:45 AM
Your flowers, dresses and photoshopping abilities are GORGEOUS! I can't wait to see the pictures!!!

PixyDusted
03-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Your flowers, dresses and photoshopping abilities are GORGEOUS! I can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Aw, thank you!

princess22
03-31-2009, 12:14 PM
Yay! I'm so glad you have a new date!!!!:cool1::banana:

PixyDusted
04-07-2009, 11:15 PM
It's about time I updated my PJ! I have more stuff to post but I'll start with the ribbon I bought.

I went to NY 2 weekends ago to see family. It was a good opportunity to go ribbon shopping for this incredible hand dyed ribbon i have used before and really wanted for our floral bouquets. It's not something you can really buy online if you want to know what you're getting. Due to the "hand dyed" aspect, each ribbon spool is truly unique. So if it looks one way online that doesn't mean that's what you'll receive in the mail. Just the nature of the product.

So I wanted to go to M&J Trimmings (a huge, well known trimmings store) when I was there. I went with my best friend, Becca, which was really nice b/c it's the one wedding thing we've been able to do together. (She lives in CT and I live in FL.) We spent a LONG time going through all the ribbon but ultimately choose this one. It's white with a purple edge (it's a little blue but next to purple flowers Becca and I agreed it'll look more on the purple side) and it's about 2" wide. It was not cheap - $7.98 per yard - so I got 4 yards. We only have 3 bouquets to wrap though so it should suffice.

Here are the silk, hand dyed ribbon options there (they have the LARGEST selection of ribbon I've ever seen...this was just one panel of MANY):
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Cruise%20Stuff/DSC_0786.jpg

And here's what I picked. (I really LOVE this ribbon!!)

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Cruise%20Stuff/Ribbon.jpg

anewmac
04-08-2009, 01:20 AM
OMG I could go crazy in a store like that lol.. and I dont even need ribbon its just the thought of all the choices. Love the one you picked out!

WithDisneySpirit
04-08-2009, 08:33 AM
Very gorgeous ribbon, Mikkel :lovestruc Can't wait to hear more :goodvibes

29apr00
04-08-2009, 08:39 AM
WOW that's a beautiful ribbon! I would go crazy looking in a store like that!

keenercam
04-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Mikkel -- That ribbon is gorgeous!! I would LOVE to be surrounded by all of those incredible colors and textures! You must have had so much fun!!! :goodvibes

MegKate
04-08-2009, 10:52 AM
WOW that's a beautiful ribbon! I would go crazy looking in a store like that!

Ditto! I could just see the box I would come out of there with!! :eek: Beautiful choice though Mikkel! :thumbsup2

Caitsmama
04-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Mikkel, GREAT choice of ribbon!

PixyDusted
04-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Ditto! I could just see the box I would come out of there with!! :eek: Beautiful choice though Mikkel! :thumbsup2

Yeah....had the silk ribbon not been SO expensive I would've bought TONS of it. I actually bought 2 more colors, 1 yard of each, just for fun b/c I can always use it in scrapbooking. :lovestruc Love this type of ribbon. Love, love love!!

Thanks for the compliments, Stacy!

HeatherNJNC
04-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Just got done reading your PJ and I love all of your choices! The color scheme is absolutely beautiful and the ribbon you chose is perfect! Yay for September brides! :) Can't wait to read more!

Petals & Pixie Dust
04-09-2009, 02:11 PM
I love the ribbon you picked...maybe it is b/c of the computer screen...but the edges looked purple to me! :thumbsup2

Quick question...where in NY is M & J Trimmings? We go down pretty regularly and I would LOVE to check this place out!
TIA

PixyDusted
04-09-2009, 02:15 PM
I love the ribbon you picked...maybe it is b/c of the computer screen...but the edges looked purple to me! :thumbsup2

Quick question...where in NY is M & J Trimmings? We go down pretty regularly and I would LOVE to check this place out!
TIA

You HAVE to go there. It's AMAZING. Did I mention AMAZING? With ALL caps? You just have to make sure you know your prices before you go in there and you're a smart consumer. For instance, they had the crystal "Bride" iron ons for tank tops. Those are cheaper online than they are in the store. Just an example!

M&J Trimmings website here. (http://www.mjtrim.com/) Look at the "Store Location" link for photos of the store interior. It's a crafter's HEAVEN.

M&J Trimming
1008 Sixth Avenue
Between 37th & 38th Sts.
New York, NY 10018

Nearby Subway Stops
B, D, F, N, Q, R, V, W
At 34th St. - Herald Square

Store Hours
Mon - Fri : 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday : 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sunday : 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Tel: 212-391-6200

Customer Service
1-800-9-MJTRIM
Saturday and Sunday: Closed

Petals & Pixie Dust
04-09-2009, 02:23 PM
You HAVE to go there. It's AMAZING. Did I mention AMAZING? With ALL caps? You just have to make sure you know your prices before you go in there and you're a smart consumer. For instance, they had the crystal "Bride" iron ons for tank tops. Those are cheaper online than they are in the store. Just an example!

M&J Trimmings website here. (http://www.mjtrim.com/) Look at the "Store Location" link for photos of the store interior. It's a crafter's HEAVEN.

M&J Trimming
1008 Sixth Avenue
Between 37th & 38th Sts.
New York, NY 10018

Nearby Subway Stops
B, D, F, N, Q, R, V, W
At 34th St. - Herald Square

Store Hours
Saturday : 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sunday : 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Tel: 212-391-6200

Customer Service
1-800-9-MJTRIM
Saturday and Sunday: Closed

Thank you bunches! This is going to be bad...very bad...between my scrapbooking addiction, jewelry making, stamping...oh I'm in trouble... :rolleyes1

PixyDusted
04-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Thank you bunches! This is going to be bad...very bad...between my scrapbooking addiction, jewelry making, stamping...oh I'm in trouble... :rolleyes1

We'd be BAD together! Or just very expensive. I'm addicted to all the crafts you mentioned!

Petals & Pixie Dust
04-09-2009, 02:28 PM
We'd be BAD together! Or just very expensive. I'm addicted to all the crafts you mentioned!

Oh yeah. It would be. I went to crop with a group of girls and we made bags that said "Friends don't let friends crop alone." My diningroom is not longer a place we can eat b/c my craft stuff is all over it! :rotfl:

camara381
04-09-2009, 03:07 PM
I would go crazy and buy everything in a store like that!! The ribbon you chose is very pretty. It will go great with the flowers.

LittleStinkerbelle
04-09-2009, 05:15 PM
I just read your PJ. Your plans look wonderful and I'm so impressed with all the projects you've done-so great!

monana
04-11-2009, 05:32 PM
RSVP Card (they're both 4.25x5.25"):
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/RSVP-card-web-1.jpg

I was wondering what website did you use to have your guest RSVP?? Did you make one or use a site that helps you keep track of that information? Thanks so much for the info. your invitations are adorable. I love the colors

PixyDusted
04-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Aw thanks! I used weddingtracker.com and looked up a 50% off coupon code on The Knot that entitled me (or you...whoever) to 50% off the website/sign up fee. I really like it. But I know Bed Bath and Beyond has a REALLY comprehensive, useful website creator tool for those who are registered with them. I was/am. Just a suggestion b/c theirs is free!

But I really like wedding tracker. But keep in mind that this option doesn't allow those w/o a computer/internet to respond. For me it wasn't a big deal - I had three guests out of the 120 something invited (2 being my grandmas who we talk to all the time) that were in that situation. Otherwise, with the "informal" nature of our wedding and the cost of stamps, RSVP by website was the way to go for us.

DISNEYMAGIC2005
04-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Aw thanks! I used weddingtracker.com and looked up a 50% off coupon code on The Knot that entitled me (or you...whoever) to 50% off the website/sign up fee. I really like it. But I know Bed Bath and Beyond has a REALLY comprehensive, useful website creator tool for those who are registered with them. I was/am. Just a suggestion b/c theirs is free!

But I really like wedding tracker. But keep in mind that this option doesn't allow those w/o a computer/internet to respond. For me it wasn't a big deal - I had three guests out of the 120 something invited (2 being my grandmas who we talk to all the time) that were in that situation. Otherwise, with the "informal" nature of our wedding and the cost of stamps, RSVP by website was the way to go for us.

We did the same thing and I think it's great! Plus we kind of had a pretty good idea of everyone who was coming anyway so it was just for the formality. I love your RSVP cards!

princess22
04-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Oh, that ribbon is pretty. Can't wait for more updates. I love your PJ because you are so crafty and full of ideas!

PixyDusted
04-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Thank you DisneyMagic2005 and princess22!

PixyDusted
04-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Is it sad I'm looking forward to going home tonight to clean and write about new wedding stuff I haven't posted? It's so rare to have a night to myself that when it does occur, I REALLY look forward to it! I have so much to post from months ago that I lost motivation to write about b/c of our postponement but the mojo is BACK!

Things to post:
- Markerboards for everyone that I made for their cabin doors
- Necklaces I made for bridal party, mother, FMIL, FSIL
- Night before invitations to be handed out on ship
- Luggage Tags I started to make and need to finish

Also to post:
- Mickey pomander on my PJ and tutorial on blog
- New floral idea (makign the pomander really helped me nail down the colors I want)
- Update on wedding planner
- New Invitations for a select few guests

Caitsmama
04-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Mikkel, can't wait to see the new stuff!!!

Petals & Pixie Dust
04-14-2009, 11:29 AM
:banana: <-Mojo!!!! Can't wait to see it all!!!

monana
04-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the website info. I know my sister will probably use that instead of doing the formal way. It's saves on money. Plus all that paper too. Can't wait to see more info.

PixyDusted
04-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Okay kids....here it is! AN UPDATE! YAY!!

So I made a Mickey Pomander that I LOVE!! Thank you Carly for kick-starting the process.

Shopping for flowers at Michael's REALLY helped me visualize the flower colors I want. I am SO indecisive about this sort of thing (I have a REALLY hard time choosing a flavor at Baskin Robbins! 31 flavors and then some and I like most of them! Oy vey.) so being able to put color combinations together in my hands was fantastic!

Though I LOVE green I decided it probably won't be making an appearance in our floral bouquets. The yellow of the bridesmaids dresses is a hard color to work with (it's almost a lemon-lime color - depends what kind of light you're viewing the fabric under) and the green doesn't look too fabulous with it. Purples look great though!

Here's a photo of some of the colors I put together that I now believe is the direction to go with for our bouquets/flowers:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/DSC_0661.jpg

And since I have a swatch of the dress fabric I threw the card in the middle of the flowers to see how it would look:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/DSC_0667.jpg

Then I added the ribbon I bought for the bouquets for an "icing on the cake" photo!
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/DSC_0669.jpg

LOVE IT!! I won't be using hydrangeas because, although I do love them, I'm worried that they'll be wilting by day 3 of the cruise when our wedding is. I was previously opposed to tulips being in the bouquet but I think that some purple tulips provide a nice color contract that's hard to find in other affordable flowers so I think I'm going to request those be in there too! I know the bouquet won't look like these flowers exactly, and I don't necessarily want them too, but it was certainly a positive, energizing step in the right direction.

So next step...MICKEY POMANDER!

I'm going to cut to the chase here and post a photo of the end result.

If you want a tutorial (for free, might I add) of how I created this just go to my blog!

http://mikkelpaige.squarespace.com

I spent a few hours creating a pdf tutorial last night so you could all benefit from it! Even if you think you can make it from looking at the photos, please ask for my tutorial anyway. I thought I could make it from photos, and I did...as you could too...but why not learn some extra tips and tricks and learn from my mistakes by giving the tutorial a read?

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Framed.jpg

tiggersam00
04-15-2009, 11:03 AM
oh great stuff, I am really looking forward to all your creativbe projects. You do a great job with them all! The pomander came out wonderfully, I just posted on your blog about it too:goodvibes

PixyDusted
04-15-2009, 11:18 AM
oh great stuff, I am really looking forward to all your creativbe projects. You do a great job with them all! The pomander came out wonderfully, I just posted on your blog about it too:goodvibes

Thanks!! I'll send it to you in a few...

Caitsmama
04-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Mikkel, that is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I would love to make one of those!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

jenny105
04-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Wow, that looks amazing!!! I don't know if I'd have the patience to do that. :thumbsup2

PixyDusted
04-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Wow, that looks amazing!!! I don't know if I'd have the patience to do that. :thumbsup2

I bet you'd find it therapeutic! If you don't have a 4-day time period or so that you have in your head to get it done, you can just do it when you have free time or need a break from chores and daily life and such. It's well worth the effort!

keenercam
04-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Mikkel - The pomander is absolutely GORGEOUS! The colors look so beautiful together!! :thumbsup2

pink_tink8i8
04-15-2009, 03:37 PM
your pomander turned out great! love all the color :goodvibes

PixyDusted
04-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the compliments!

Anyone know where I can look for hot shoes? I want an odd color like Cyan (blue) or Lavendar. I looked everywhere online I can think of...
- Nordstrom
- Piperlime
- JCrew
- Target
- Macys
- Neiman Marcus (TOO expensive!)
- Zappos
- Kate Spade

Ugh, I can't think anymore. I've literally spent all night looking. I found an awesome pair of blue ones...of course Manolo Blahnik! So they were too much $. Then I found a hot purple pair...and they were some designer shoes that cost $250 (and that was at 50% off!). :eek:

I swear I don't have expensive taste. It's just not easy to find nice, unique but not too outlandish, satin shoes in the colors I'm considering! Grr...

princess22
04-15-2009, 11:12 PM
I just have to say I love the Mickey Pomander, in fact I love everything you create. You truly have a gift!

tiggerrifficheidi
04-16-2009, 01:15 AM
Have you tried a "froogle" search? Or maybe overstock.com (they sometimes have random stuff) or www.6pm.com

Are you looking for heels or flats?

Arlyn717
04-16-2009, 02:15 AM

Anyone know where I can look for hot shoes? I want an odd color like Cyan (blue) or Lavendar. I looked everywhere online I can think of...
- Nordstrom
- Piperlime
- JCrew
- Target
- Macys
- Zappos
- Kate Spade

Ugh, I can't think anymore. I've literally spent all night looking. I found an awesome pair of blue ones...of course Manolo Blahnik! So they were too much $. Then I found a hot purple pair...and they were some designer shoes that cost $250 (and that was at 50% off!). :eek:

I swear I don't have expensive taste. It's just not easy to find nice, unique but not too outlandish, satin shoes in the colors I'm considering! Grr...

You should check Endless.com. You can search shoes by color, size, and style.

I've been lurking on your page for a few days because I'm interested in doing a DCL. I'm not even engaged yet, but a girl can dream hehe! :rotfl: My sister (monana) had the first Disney wedding in my family, and she keeps raving about how relaxed she was throughout the process, and it was the most amazing wedding I've been apart of. Good Luck in your search! Let me know if you need any help

spacerangerqueen
04-16-2009, 07:02 AM

- Nordstrom
- Piperlime
- JCrew
- Target
- Macys
- Zappos
- Kate Spade

I'm having the same problem with finding green shoes, and it doesn't help that I am a size 5 1/2. I think I am going to hit the outlets and see if I have better luck there. I never know if a 6 or a 5 will fir me better :confused3

PixyDusted
04-16-2009, 11:31 AM
I just have to say I love the Mickey Pomander, in fact I love everything you create. You truly have a gift!

Thank you! I think I'm pretty crafty too. ;) :rotfl:

Have you tried a "froogle" search? Or maybe overstock.com (they sometimes have random stuff) or www.6pm.com

Are you looking for heels or flats?

Heels for sure! My beach wedding sandels are flats so I want to feel taller and sexier when we get back on the ship! I'll try froogle and overstock. Thanks for the suggestions!

You should check Endless.com. You can search shoes by color, size, and style.

I've been lurking on your page for a few days because I'm interested in doing a DCL. I'm not even engaged yet, but a girl can dream hehe! My sister (monana) had the first Disney wedding in my family, and she keeps raving about how relaxed she was throughout the process, and it was the most amazing wedding I've been apart of. Good Luck in your search! Let me know if you need any help

YAY FOR DCL! It's okay that you're not engaged yet - just make sure you don't get too dreamy-eyed over a wedding when it's really about you and your fiance (or boyfriend!). I just get nervous sometimes when girls start planning a wedding before they are engaged - I just care too much about others! Just make sure he's "the one" before you start picking out venues. Don't let the desire to have a wedding overshadow the significane of a marriage. (Sorry if that's coming out wrong - it comes from a place of love.)

That being said, we looked into our options prior to getting engaged. I said why look if we're not engaged, Jason said why get engaged if we can't afford a wedding right now. :upsidedow

If you have questions though feel free to ask. I LOVE the path we've chosen for our wedding. It's a unique setting that's significant to us for a few reasons (we met while working at Disney, we've been on Disney cruises together, he proposed on the Magic, etc.) and it's AFFORDABLE! :rotfl:

I'm having the same problem with finding green shoes, and it doesn't help that I am a size 5 1/2. I think I am going to hit the outlets and see if I have better luck there. I never know if a 6 or a 5 will fir me better

I'm a 6....but I can understand why 5.5 is even harder to find! I may hit the outlets too during lunch next week since I'm at Universal and the Prime ones (is that the ones? The ones they just redid by Mall at Millenia) are right here. I'll let you know if I see anything good and I'll keep my eye out for green ones if you promise to keep your eye out for purple or blue ones!

spacerangerqueen
04-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Yeah those are the Prime Outlets. hmm I may head over tomorrow after work, they aren't too far from my office either. Although I was skimming through Overstock.com and they had some pretty cool options. It would still be nice to try them on since I have pairs that range from 5 - 6 so I never know if a shoe will fit. I'd hate to buy online and then have to ship it back if it doesn't fit.

beach bride 2010
04-16-2009, 11:17 PM
I'm a 6....but I can understand why 5.5 is even harder to find! I may hit the outlets too during lunch next week since I'm at Universal and the Prime ones (is that the ones? The ones they just redid by Mall at Millenia) are right here. I'll let you know if I see anything good and I'll keep my eye out for green ones if you promise to keep your eye out for purple or blue ones!

If you go to the Prime outlets make sure you check out the Victoria's Secret outlet! When I was there 2 weeks ago they had several different styles of bride tank tops, team bride tanktops for the bridal party, and "sexy little bride" hoodies all for $7.99-$9.99 and really cute syles of bride underwear as well in the $3.99 bins that had $14.99-$20 tags on them. You have to pick through everything but it is worth it. Lots of things that would make nice bridesmaids gifts too.
I was actually looking for shoes to wear to a wedding (not mine) and didn't find anything so hopefully you have better luck than I did. The Neiman Marcus outlet was having a really good sale but I couldn't find anything I liked in my size. I hear ya on trying to find comfortable, decent shoes in a 5 1/2-6...if you find a store around here that has a good selection let me know!

anewmac
04-17-2009, 01:14 AM
OMg too cute pomander ... when I went on your blog I checked out your cakes TOO CUTE.. you are so multi talanted. I say you open up a wedding planner/cake catering buisness LOL

Arlyn717
04-17-2009, 01:43 AM
[QUOTE=PixyDusted;31368084]Thank you! I think I'm pretty crafty too. ;) :rotfl:

Heels for sure! My beach wedding sandels are flats so I want to feel taller and sexier when we get back on the ship! I'll try froogle and overstock. Thanks for the suggestions!

YAY FOR DCL! It's okay that you're not engaged yet - just make sure you don't get too dreamy-eyed over a wedding when it's really about you and your fiance (or boyfriend!). I just get nervous sometimes when girls start planning a wedding before they are engaged - I just care too much about others! Just make sure he's "the one" before you start picking out venues. Don't let the desire to have a wedding overshadow the significane of a marriage. (Sorry if that's coming out wrong - it comes from a place of love.)

That being said, we looked into our options prior to getting engaged. I said why look if we're not engaged, Jason said why get engaged if we can't afford a wedding right now. :upsidedow

If you have questions though feel free to ask. I LOVE the path we've chosen for our wedding. It's a unique setting that's significant to us for a few reasons (we met while working at Disney, we've been on Disney cruises together, he proposed on the Magic, etc.) and it's AFFORDABLE! :rotfl:

Oh I know, my boyfriend and I love eachother so much :lovestruc, we've been long distance for too long (4 years this September) , and we've been talking about it for a while). I just want to know our options and plan financially to see how much we need to save up. I just love looking at different options.

PixyDusted
04-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Oh I know, my boyfriend and I love eachother so much :lovestruc, we've been long distance for too long (4 years this September) , and we've been talking about it for a while). I just want to know our options and plan financially to see how much we need to save up. I just love looking at different options.

Wow! Long distance for 4 years - must be really hard! Well lurk and post here all you want! I hope you learn some good things from my PJ.

pjstevens
04-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Mikkel, that came out beautiful!!!

PixyDusted
04-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Mikkel, that came out beautiful!!!

Thanks, Patty! :lovestruc

PixyDusted
04-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Time for an update.

So we wanted to have a sense of humor about the postponement situation to lighten everyone's hearts a bit since we know it was a "heavy" topic, if you will. We came up with this idea of sending out an announcement for our new date with us kissing and holding a sign that had our old date crossed off and our new one written underneath. I LOVE how the picture turned out. I set it up then put it on self-shoot since it was just the 2 of us and the dog home.

We're printing this photo on postcards from Snapfish that I ordered today with a message on the back about the new date. (I wanted the sign to look homemade and Sharpie-marker-on-poster-board-type look on purpose.)
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Cruise%20Stuff/TheChosenOne-web.jpg

Onto the next order of business....
I made these marker boards for all the cabin doors for the guests sailing with us. I found dollar marker boards at Joann's MONTHS ago so I snagged them when I could since I needed about 35 (who knows what I'll need now but at least I have them). Then I decorated them with those self-stick fun foam shapes!

Here's some of the boards:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Cruise%20Stuff/CraftStuff-markerboards-web.jpg

Close up:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Cruise%20Stuff/CraftStuff-markerboardsclose-web.jpg

I'm not going to buy the dry erase markers until August just in case they dry up!

I also want new invitations. I really didn't love our first invitations I just went with what was satisfactory that we could afford. So no, I'm not making new invites for EVERYONE - just immediate family, wedding party and maybe a few others that I know would appreciate it. So I'm springing for spending more money to not only be happy but to have an invitation I can keep forever with our wedding date on it, since the old ones have our first date on it.

I originally wanted a vertical pocket folio invitations but again, didn't want to spring for the money. So I got it this time around. I'm going to print the top layer and inserts myself. I chose the colors below for the invitations and I'll most likely do the inserts in the cream color paper. I bought some ribbon and jute string (twine-ish) to close them with so hopefully I'll be able to do a mock up this weekend. (Tomorrow morning maybe since I have family in town for a while starting tomorrow night.)

I ordered the folios (5x7 vertical folio) and base cardstock color (that lighter brown) from MyGatsby.com. I really like their site, they were running a good sale, and I've just had all around great experiences with them and they have great products. (Sorry all you Cards & Pockets lovers out there - but I have to stick with MyGatsby.com)

Here's some of the ingredients:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Cruise%20Stuff/CraftStuff-invitesupplies-web.jpg

Then I cut the top 2 layers to size:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Cruise%20Stuff/CraftStuff-invitefar-web.jpg

Then I cut the paper and here's the close up:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Cruise%20Stuff/CraftStuff-inviteclose-web.jpg

Okay....NEXT!

I'm also making luggage tags for everyone to give out the night before the cruise since most people are coming in the night before. I cut the fabric a long time ago. This project isn't costing me much since I have a sewing machine already, I actually had really nice, fun fabric around the house (I'll spare you the details of why) so all I had to buy really was vinyl (to put the address part in on the luggage tag) and ribbon. I'll have to start making them soon but here's a photo of the cut fabric, cut vinyl and ribbon.
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Cruise%20Stuff/CraftStuff-tags-web.jpg

NEXT!
I have WAY too much fun at Michael's. I am there A LOT and know their prices rather well. This week was one of the biggest sales I've ever seen there! So I spent more money than planned but well worth it of course.

I bought this ADORABLE paper punch from Martha Stewart (I have to admit she has some of the best, cutest punches I've seen - and I've seen A LOT), lots of ribbon since $3.99 spools were on sale for $1.89 (whoa! cheapest they've ever been), and shell packs ($1 each!), and thin jute string/twine for our invitations and whatever else:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Cruise%20Stuff/CraftStuff-craftspunchshells-web.jpg

That's it for tonight. Tomorrow I'll post photos of the necklaces I made for my bridal party, mom, FMIL, FSIL, and a close friend.

pink_tink8i8
04-24-2009, 09:17 PM
oh I love how the invitations are looking. Your picture is just so cute!

PixyDusted
04-25-2009, 08:36 PM
oh I love how the invitations are looking. Your picture is just so cute!

Thank you! I hope to have the invitations in the mail before May 11 - that's when postage prices increase.

CinderelliT
04-25-2009, 11:05 PM
I love your picture for your save the date/change of date! It is absolutely adorable!

You are so crafty! I am totally jealous. I may have to put you to work!

PixyDusted
04-26-2009, 09:55 AM
I love your picture for your save the date/change of date! It is absolutely adorable!

You are so crafty! I am totally jealous. I may have to put you to work!

Thank you! Just ask if you need help w/stuff. What you make is pretty cute though!

CinderelliT
04-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Thank you! Just ask if you need help w/stuff. What you make is pretty cute though!

Awww... Thanks:thumbsup2

You have way more patience than I do. I think that I may be asking for advice when it come to our invites for our at home reception!!

BTW, your ribbon is gorgeous!!! I would have spent a fortune if I had gone in there.

spacerangerqueen
04-26-2009, 09:15 PM
I love the picture for the date change postcard! It's perfect.
Those boards for the stateroom doors are really cute too, I may steal that idea. I also love everything for the invites :thumbsup2

PixyDusted
04-26-2009, 11:12 PM
I love the picture for the date change postcard! It's perfect.
Those boards for the stateroom doors are really cute too, I may steal that idea. I also love everything for the invites :thumbsup2

Steal away. I wish they still had them at Joann's for $1 but I haven't seen them in a while.

anewmac
04-27-2009, 02:13 AM
Oh cant wait to see what you make with everything! I too am at Michaels a lot, I work right across the street from it. I think half my paycheck goes there everyweek! lol

PixyDusted
04-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Oh cant wait to see what you make with everything! I too am at Michaels a lot, I work right across the street from it. I think half my paycheck goes there everyweek! lol

I work right around the corner from a really nice one! Very dangerous! :rotfl:

Caitsmama
04-28-2009, 09:48 AM
Ohhhh.. Mikkel, man girl, i wish we lived closer, we would be so dangerous! LOL I do a bi-weekly M's shopping trip with my neighbor, and it's dangerous! LOL

I love all your pics, and can't wait to see what you make of all that fabric and all the finished pics!! Looks awesome!

PixyDusted
05-05-2009, 01:15 PM
So I'm kind of bummed today. People have been getting our new date announcements and they LOVE them! (YAY!) But I've been getting tons of no responses from people who were once going to come and now cannot due to other plans.

The ones that bother me the most are my high school friends. I only have 5 (I think, LOL) but so far 3 of them can't come. I can't imagine a fourth (my friend Marni) coming without those three. And Jillian - she's a teacher and I have a feeling she'll say she just can't take off of work then. So I'm really REALLY bummed.

I know we wanted a small wedding but I thought small as in 50 people....not 10. Just not what I envisioned and I'm really upset about it. I cannot change the date - I suppose the only thing left to do is suck it up and deal.

I can't even talk to my mom about my upset over it because I KNOW she'll say, "Well Mikkel - what do you expect? You postponed your wedding. I told you not everyone would be able to come again."

Anyway, here's the postcard. We left "Dear ______" so we could fill in names for the guests and then Jason and I signed each one under "Love." We used a blue Sharpie marker so it matched.
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Cruise%20Stuff/Postcard_Page_1.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/MikkelPaige/Cruise%20Stuff/Postcard_Page_2.jpg

karentan
05-05-2009, 01:22 PM
sorry to hear that a lot of the original people cant come mikkel, but the most important people to you will always find a way of coming :)
we'll all come by and say hi on castaway cay if that helps? ;)

PixyDusted
05-05-2009, 01:27 PM
sorry to hear that a lot of the original people cant come mikkel, but the most important people to you will always find a way of coming :)
we'll all come by and say hi on castaway cay if that helps? ;)

Yes, it helps, Karen!! LOL. :cool1:

DisneyDmbNut
05-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Totally OT, but I love Jason with a beard!!

PixyDusted
05-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Totally OT, but I love Jason with a beard!!

Haha - he looks kind of sexy with his scruffy 1/2 beard and an "Old School" grainy filter over the photo, right?

In person/in color he has gray in his beard mixed in with his brown hair so it's only half sexy. It hurts when he kisses me with stubble though! :rotfl: I just wanted to do the picture and he said, "But I have to shave and I don't feel like it right now." And I was like, "Let's just do the freakin' picture already!" He's always SUCH a good sport about taking as many photos as I want though.

CinderelliT
05-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Your cards look excellent! I love snapfish. I make photobooks on there all the time. I'm thinking about making one of me and my DH through our 10 yrs together and using it as a guestbook at our at home reception.

Also, I suppose that I am lucky that I live an hour away from Michaels and Joan Fabrics stores!!! I have to have a list and make a special trip to go there, so I am limited as to how much I can spend. LOL! If I live nearby one, I would be in trouble.

PixyDusted
05-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Your cards look excellent! I love snapfish. I make photobooks on there all the time. I'm thinking about making one of me and my DH through our 10 yrs together and using it as a guestbook at our at home reception.

Also, I suppose that I am lucky that I live an hour away from Michaels and Joan Fabrics stores!!! I have to have a list and make a special trip to go there, so I am limited as to how much I can spend. LOL! If I live nearby one, I would be in trouble.

Through the years sounds like a great idea for a photobook!

And it's definitely safer you go to J's/M's with a specific list! I make pleasure trips there and they add up!

DisneyDmbNut
05-05-2009, 02:30 PM
hey..do you have the email for the new DCL planner?

jenny105
05-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Sorry to hear that people are no longer able to come. You're still going to have a fabulous wedding, regardless of who's there. I'm sure all of us from the cruise thread will say hi :)

PixyDusted
05-05-2009, 03:09 PM
hey..do you have the email for the new DCL planner?

I do....are you guys getting married again? LOL. (love you!) I'll PM it to you.

Sccrmnky2005
05-05-2009, 06:01 PM
I love your report so far!! Wonderful on everything. I am also a HUGE scrapbooker and have a whole room in my house "craft room". I see you live in orlando also. You do know there is an scrapbook expo on the 22nd of this month at the Gaylord palms. Might give you some more ideas on things for your wedding. I will be attending and it's so much fun!!!

Caitsmama
05-05-2009, 06:41 PM
(((Hugs))) girl!!! I am so sorry that you are dealing with a shrunken guest list!! :(

You know, i am available if you need guest "stand in's" LMAO, you know, like they do in all those award shows -- they have the "seat fillers"? Who sit in the famous peoples seats when they have to go present an award or something, so that when the camera pans over the audience, it looks full?
LOL I can do that!!!
Haaaaaa!!

Kimmers127
05-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Ok I just read your entire PJ and I am green with envy over your craft skills! I'm a huge scrapbooker but that's about where my skills end. I would love to make some things for my wedding too but I'm not sure how successful I'd be (envisions bags and bags of Michael's supplies strewn all over condo, many unsuccessful tear-filled attempts at creativity followed by admission of defeat and ordering of invitations). My friend Katrina is fairly into stamps and card making and my friend Jen is in graphic design so maybe we could work together on it (they will both be bridesmaids).

Love the Daisy Duck iron-ons, I DEFINITELY want to do something similar for my bridesmaids!

Good luck with all of your planning, it looks absolutely beautiful so far!

PixyDusted
05-06-2009, 01:08 PM
I love your report so far!! Wonderful on everything. I am also a HUGE scrapbooker and have a whole room in my house "craft room". I see you live in orlando also. You do know there is an scrapbook expo on the 22nd of this month at the Gaylord palms. Might give you some more ideas on things for your wedding. I will be attending and it's so much fun!!!

I'm going to PM you.

I actually don't think I'm going to go this year. It's been at the convention center for the past 2 years and due to a decline in attendance it was one day last year as opposed to two (or was it two days as opposed to three? I can't remember) and this year, probably due to another decline in attendance, it's at Gaylord Palms.

I am DEFINITELY, however, going to the CHA show this year. Do you know about that? Anyway, I'll pm you about it more.

Kimmers - thank you so much! I bet you're more crafty then you realize. ;) Teaming up with your friends not only sounds like a great idea but also will certainly provide many memories for you girls!

Stac - you KNOW I'll gladly have you guys there. Maybe your MIL wants to go on a cruise too and um, take you guys along? ;) Perhaps on Sept. 24th? HUGS!