PDA

View Full Version : I don't like Mondays.

wildeoscar
04-28-2008, 08:13 AM
tell me why I don't like mondays.

alebisi
04-28-2008, 08:17 AM
WHO likes mondays????this day shouldn't exist

momtoBrandon&Jacob
04-28-2008, 08:20 AM
You're not kidding! We leave for Disney in 2 days and I just want today and tomorrow to fly by! Mondays suck big time!

ADP
04-28-2008, 08:25 AM
I've never really liked it either, although knowing the DisUnplugged podcast is right around the corner does help.

amyhughes
04-28-2008, 08:27 AM
Well, actually this Monday ain't so bad, it's my son's birthday. He was also born on a Monday 5 years ago. But other than today, I totally agree Mondays suck big time!

kab407
04-28-2008, 08:33 AM
When the silicon chip inside her head gets switched to overload...

If that isn't a line that describes how I am feeling right about now. Wednesday isn't getting here soon enough.

wildeoscar
04-28-2008, 08:45 AM
ding, ding ding... Kab407 is the winner. This is a classic song from the Boomtown Rats. I wake up every monday with this song running though my head.

mandymommy4
04-28-2008, 08:48 AM
Just think oscar, we a less than a week away from the LIVE podcast! WHOO HOO!:banana:

wildeoscar
04-28-2008, 08:52 AM
no kidding, anyone from up this way wanna ride down with me, to break up my boredom?

kab407
04-28-2008, 08:52 AM
ding, ding ding... Kab407 is the winner. This is a classic song from the Boomtown Rats. I wake up every monday with this song running though my head.

I knew from the thread title which direction you were taking this one in WO. When I was still working in the lab, the radio station we had on always played this Mondays at 9AM. Yea, kinda ingrained in my head also.

mandymommy4
04-28-2008, 08:57 AM
Oh yea! Today starts the stimulus check deposits another :banana: :banana: :banana:

cyberbox2
04-28-2008, 09:08 AM
Yeah, I dont know what it is but rainy days and Mondays always seem to get me down and today in Richmond we have both:-(

robertgp124
04-28-2008, 09:10 AM
Oh yea! Today starts the stimulus check deposits another :banana: :banana: :banana:

Our showed up as a pending transaction on Saturday morning. :dance3: Unfortunately, it has to go to the student loan people instead of a podcast cruise. :eek: But it means next year maybe we can afford a Disney cruise!!!

DVCsince02
04-28-2008, 09:20 AM
Monday's suck... Especially this week because tomorrow I'm getting laid off!

tinkbutt
04-28-2008, 09:22 AM
I hate rainy mondays were I have to work ten hours:sad2: rainy days are sleepy days were we should all be under covers with our favorite movie!!!

mandymommy4
04-28-2008, 09:33 AM
Our showed up as a pending transaction on Saturday morning. :dance3: Unfortunately, it has to go to the student loan people instead of a podcast cruise. :eek: But it means next year maybe we can afford a Disney cruise!!!

That's awsome! I can't wait to get it! I am going buy some curriculum for DS and then lay the rest down in saving's. We just paid off the last of DH student loan so I feel your pain. We have been CC debt free for a year, and put every extra penny into getting the student loans paid off. Now with that loan gone it feels like DH is really making a engineer salary.:rotfl: DH has turned his goal to paying off our van...... :confused3

We need a bigger house (currently we have 6 people in 1100 sq ft) I know what I want and am willing to wait it out till I get a 20% down payment in savings, above 6 months salary. Whatever equity we get out of our house will be the cherry on top.

mandymommy4
04-28-2008, 09:35 AM

So sorry :hug: hope things get better for you! :wizard:

DVCsince02
04-28-2008, 10:06 AM
So sorry :hug: hope things get better for you! :wizard:

Thanks... It sucks on so many levels, but mostly because I'm 20 weeks pregnant and unemployable right now. I know an employer can't use the pregnancy as a reason not to hire me, but let's be real, they can make up any excuse. Luckily DH has a good job and we are very blessed with our health. Plus just found out last week the baby is a boy!!

At least we are going to WDW in a few weeks :yay: :yay: That is why I keep asking about the $100 gift certificate from Pete and his request for travel nightmare stories.

DisneyKevin
04-28-2008, 10:12 AM
no kidding, anyone from up this way wanna ride down with me, to break up my boredom?

Remember that I Love Lucy episode where Lucy and Ethel hitch a ride with Elsa Lanchester and they hear on the radio that an ax murderess has escaped so they think it's her.......?

Just wondering.

DVCsince02
04-28-2008, 10:15 AM

I told you to stop by Delaware and pick me up...:lmao:

IWISHFORDISNEY
04-28-2008, 10:50 AM

Oh no that sucks. My boss just sort of got "moved" this week. Healthcare is so crazy. I hope you find a new job quickly.

I on the other hand love MOndays:lovestruc Since I am backwards from everyone else and work 3 12hour shifts Fri/Sat/Sun. Monday is my Friday.

wildeoscar
04-28-2008, 11:16 AM
I told you to stop by Delaware and pick me up...:lmao:

ok, me and 20 weeks pregnant... I know my luck, but who would you name the child after?

IWISHFORDISNEY
04-28-2008, 11:22 AM
WO you could always pick me up in Delaware too!!! I promise to leave the black robe and sickle at home. :lmao:

DVCsince02
04-28-2008, 11:28 AM
WO you could always pick me up in Delaware too!!! I promise to leave the black robe and sickle at home. :lmao:

Two companions, one stop. And we'll have a nurse with us.:laughing:

mandymommy4
04-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Thanks... It sucks on so many levels, but mostly because I'm 20 weeks pregnant and unemployable right now. I know an employer can't use the pregnancy as a reason not to hire me, but let's be real, they can make up any excuse. Luckily DH has a good job and we are very blessed with our health. Plus just found out last week the baby is a boy!!

At least we are going to WDW in a few weeks :yay: :yay: That is why I keep asking about the $100 gift certificate from Pete and his request for travel nightmare stories.

Oh my, this is the last thing you need being pregnant. Hopefully this will give you the chance to slow down and prepare for a new baby! I only have one boy, but let me tell ya, boy's love their momma's! So happy for you! :flower3:

I have been a SAHM since I had my first child. DH did pretty well at his FT job so it was tight but we made it just fine. I got pregnant with DD when DS was only 5 months old. The owner of the engineering firm DH did Auto cad for dropped dead and they went out of business when I was only a few months along. I have high risk pregnancies and I HAD to have insurance so we emptied out our saving trying to pay for Cobra insurance at $900+ a month. DH found a new job but it did not pay near as much and they would not cover my pregnancy. Around my 6 month a friend asked me if I had checked out Medicaid and would you believe I qualified, its sad when a family with a engineer qualifies for Medicaid. At first I was embarrassed by it but it was huge blessing to be able to drop our old insurance and not pay a dime for our DD birth and her many hospitalizations and procedures she had done her first year of life.

Here's to that bouncy baby boy and your trip to WDW! :goodvibes

DVCsince02
04-28-2008, 11:43 AM
Thanks for all the well wishes! I guess it would be life without a little DRAMA!

dpuck1998
04-28-2008, 02:44 PM

I'll go if you pick me up. I have to be back for work the next day though....

froggy5657
04-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Hey, If there weren't mondays Tuesdays would take its place and then when the podcast came out everyone would be feeling so bad while listening they would stop liking the podcast and then everyone would be really really really sad.

So I say Mondays are not as bad as we think:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

checkwriter
04-28-2008, 04:12 PM
I assume you're aware of the unfortunate 'backstory' to that song . . . . about the girl in San Diego who shot up a playground and when asked why, responded simply "I don't like Mondays."

There's a lot of nuttiness in this world. We all can use a little extra magic to help us through the day.

MODisFan
04-28-2008, 04:13 PM

What a bummer. I hope everything works out for you.

wildeoscar
04-28-2008, 04:23 PM
I assume you're aware of the unfortunate 'backstory' to that song . . . . about the girl in San Diego who shot up a playground and when asked why, responded simply "I don't like Mondays."

There's a lot of nuttiness in this world. We all can use a little extra magic to help us through the day.

didn't know that part. I do remember the story behind "what's the frequency kennith" by REM

mommyceratops
04-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Remember that I Love Lucy episode where Lucy and Ethel hitch a ride with Elsa Lanchester and they hear on the radio that an ax murderess has escaped so they think it's her.......?

Just wondering.

I saw that episode the other day! Too funny!!!

tinkbutt
04-28-2008, 10:33 PM

Just wondering.

OOoo and then Elsa hears the same broadcast but the info has changed no the ax murdress has a partner and she thinks its Ethel and lucky:rotfl: :rotfl:

That is one of the best episodes along with vetavitavegimin and the candy factory!!!

PrincessKsMom
04-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Monday's suck more 'cause Bob passed away on Monday. :sad1: