PDA

View Full Version : Dealing With Left Over Points ?


DVCDAVE
03-26-2002, 09:18 PM
I have an idea tha I want to run by you experts. Follow my logic if you will......

I have 1 left over VWL point (March Use Year) for this year, that I just banked over to 2003. I have 550 BWV points in 2003 (275 banked from 2002 plus 275 for 2003) all with a March use year. We are looking at booking 11 nights in March 2003 in a 2BR Preferred view at BWV using 545 points. Can I book this next month, usung the 11 month window, THEN in August, 7 months out, cancel 1 of the nights, AND re-book that night using the 1 VWL point (plus the other BWV points of course) I banked in to 2003 from 2002.

All I am trying to do is not waste any points, and if necessary keep a fresh inventory of banked unused points.

Will they do this, or waitlist me once I cancel and re-book if there is a waitlist.

Johnnie Fedora
03-26-2002, 10:15 PM
Yes you can do this, but there has to be availability of a 2 BR at the seven month window. I don't think you can just exchange 1 VWL point for 1 BWV point. If all of the BWV 2 BR are booked, you will not be allowed to do this. In that case, you would have to waitlist for one night, book it with your 1 point, and change your exsisting reservation. Make sure if it comes through as two reservations, they get linked.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

We did the same type of thing for an HH stay, only we dropped one point night (Fri) and paid cash, but linked the reservations.

Hope that makes sense.

PamOKW
03-27-2002, 06:43 AM
My reply last night didn't "take". Johnnie is right. You are really making a new reservation so there has to be availability.

There was some debate on this point on the AOL board recently. People said they had been able to just make a switch. One of the women called DVC to discuss it and was told the policy remains the same, switches can't be done if there is no availability and/or there is a waiting list for the dates.

DVCDAVE
03-27-2002, 08:44 AM
Thanks ! That is what I thought (and feared a little). I knew this board would know the answer. My wife and I are discussing and planning next March already, and we don't want to waste, or let expire, any points if we can do this smart. I guess I will have to make the full reservation in April, then try to make the adjustment in August if I can.

KathyR
03-27-2002, 12:13 PM
Just a thought... It would probably be easier to make the switch on one of the weekend nights. Since they are so much higher in points, they are more likely to be available than the lower weekdays.