PDA

View Full Version : Your Dream Disney Dinner Companion

artman
04-24-2008, 09:21 AM
Who is your dream Disney dinner companion and why? Anyone from the top of the company to the CM in the trenches.

Mine would be a tough choice between John Lasseter and Bud Luckey from Pixar.

I think I would probally decide on Bud Luckey, how could you not pick the humble guy Lasseter himself credits with the creation of Woody from Toy Story.

He also worked on advertising animation including, Tony the Tiger and Snap Crackle & Pop.

Everyone in my generation remembers the short animation The Ladybug's Picnic on Sesame Street - written, animated and voiced by Bud Luckey.

Last but not least the Pixar short Boundin' was not only written and designed by Mr Luckey, he also played banjo and did the vocals. This is my favorite animated short of all time (narrowly beating out Donald Applecore and In The Bag with Humphrey the Bear).

Anyone else?

crazydisneyman
04-24-2008, 10:17 AM
I would have to chose Joe Rhode and Kevin Klose! :rotfl:

How much fun would that be!

DVCsince02
04-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Well since it's a dream.... I would pick Walt.

calypso*a*go-go
04-24-2008, 10:34 AM
I'd like to dine with the head of security -- I bet they've got some real stories to tell!!!

WaltD4Me
04-24-2008, 10:58 AM
I honestly can't pick just one. I can think of several actually, but my top three would be Marty Sklar, Joe Rhode and John Lasseter. They all fascinate me, I have no idea what I would do if I actually had to make the choice. I'd probably wind up deciding by doing Eenie, Meenie, Minie, Mo.

dpuck1998
04-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Can I pick Jessica Rabbit? :love:

zulemara
04-24-2008, 11:22 AM
I would love to have dinner with any of the head imagineers, but if I could have ANYONE it would have to be Walt himself. The more I read and watch videos of him, the more he absolutely fascinates me! I'm actually debating going and buying one of the many books about him(I assume there are many) and I'm not a heavy reader(other than the DIS :rotfl: )

SteveInBrooklyn
04-24-2008, 11:25 AM
There was a guy mentioned in one of the podcasts that revived a number of ailing Disney ventures, including the Cruise Line. I believe he left Disney for another company, but still, he'd be my pick. I am in awe of that kind of talent. A klose second would be Kevin and John for a restaurant review. Preferably a restaurant with bad service, I'd love to see Kevin give it to the staff.

artman
04-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Can I pick Jessica Rabbit? :love:

P P P P P P P Please!

artman
04-24-2008, 11:43 AM
I would love to have dinner with any of the head imagineers, but if I could have ANYONE it would have to be Walt himself. The more I read and watch videos of him, the more he absolutely fascinates me! I'm actually debating going and buying one of the many books about him(I assume there are many) and I'm not a heavy reader(other than the DIS :rotfl: )

I just finished the book, Walt Disney: The Triumph of the American Imagination by Neal Gabler. It covered Walts life beginning to end. I would recomend this book.

Northern_Julie
04-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Dave Smith the disney archivist. I would totally like to find out how he preserves and documents Disney....what cool stuff is in his vault. I think if he would let me I would catelouge accessions as a vacation.

daneenm
04-24-2008, 12:00 PM
I honestly can't pick just one. I can think of several actually, but my top three would be Marty Sklar, Joe Rhode and John Lasseter.

These would be my picks too! To be truthful, I am as interested in John Lasseter's tales of a parent of a child with Type 1 Diabetes as I would be with his Pixar stories (I am always up for comparing notes). In addition, I would add

Tony, our fabulous server from Coral Reef - he seems like he would be a riot

AND

Mister Disney and Mr. D's K-Man from the DIS boards - these gentlemen know how to eat!

--Daneen

Cruz Family
04-24-2008, 12:04 PM
As much as I love Kevin, I would have to go with Marty Sklar!:worship:

DisneyDeeva
04-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Jim McPhee and Ron Schneider.

mommyceratops
04-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Well Walt of course or some of the original animators.....

But living would have to be the roundtable crew!!!!!!

ADP
04-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Since we are shooting for the moon I'd choose Micheal Eisner and Bob Iger. :laughing:

mandymommy4
04-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Captain Jack Sparrow........ :love:

dpuck1998
04-24-2008, 02:17 PM
Captain Jack Sparrow........ :love:

The "real" one or Johnny Depp? and remember its just dinner ;-)

mandymommy4
04-24-2008, 02:20 PM
The "real" one or Johnny Depp? and remember its just dinner ;-)

Oh, the REAL one! pirate: I know it's just dinner but a true wench is always up for dessert! :rotfl:

dpuck1998
04-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Oh, the REAL one! pirate: I know it's just dinner but a true wench is always up for dessert! :rotfl:

no you didn't just....:rotfl2: :lmao:

mandymommy4
04-24-2008, 02:38 PM
no you didn't just....:rotfl2: :lmao:

princess: + pirate: = :love:

:thumbsup2

disneygirlinnj
04-24-2008, 03:01 PM

I think I just snorted coffee out my nose :) Well said mandymommy! :) And from what I hear about Jack, he'd be up for dessert too :rotfl: :rotfl:

dpuck1998
04-24-2008, 03:19 PM

Give whole new meaning to "batt'en down the hatches"

mandymommy4
04-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Give whole new meaning to "batt'en down the hatches"

When the boat's a rocking, don't come a knockin :rolleyes1

pklein09
04-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Boy did this thread take a turn....:lmao:

I would probably pick Marty Sklar or Diane Disney. As a daddy's girl myself, I'd love to hear her perspective of growing up as Walt's daughter.

--Michelle

wishspirit
04-24-2008, 04:10 PM

LOL!!!
:lmao:

You might have a bit of competion, cause he sounds like my dream date too! :lovestruc

Otherwise it would be 'Ohana with the podcast crew, that would be a barrel of laughs! :rotfl:

When are you guys doing that anyway?

artman
04-24-2008, 05:29 PM

I think I misunderstood the spirit of my own thread.

Bud Luckey? what was I thinking? Hey dpuck1998 is there an extra seat at that table with Jessica Rabbit? ;)

disneymom8589
04-24-2008, 07:50 PM
As far as people who are still alive: Marty Sklar and Walt Disney's nephew - Roy. I can only imagine what interesting stories they would have to tell. :)

kab407
04-24-2008, 07:59 PM

Amen!

firemanx
04-24-2008, 08:16 PM
I couldnt pick just one, but it would have to be a roundtable of sorts with Walt Disney, Robert Iger, Marty Sklar, Joe Rhode and John Lassieter.

disneydad78
04-25-2008, 03:31 PM

What I dont get it ??:confused3 :confused3 :lmao:

I would have to say Walt, Roy Disney, and the guy that designed the monerail, I forgot his name but he was on the travel channel couple weeks ago. He got teary eyed talking about Walt. Anyone remember his name,I like that guy.

*NikkiBell*
04-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Most definitely the man himself, Walt Disney. If not possible (duh lol), I'd love to meet and greet Joe Rhode.

finallydvc08
04-25-2008, 09:13 PM
DAMON PAMPOLINA :lovestruc

ChoirBoy
04-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Honestly, I would just want to sit with one of those cast members that have those GREAT stories. For example, Timmy, the animator who was on WDW Today this week.