PDA

View Full Version : Why is it closing?

disfanalicia
04-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Why is vmk closing? I dont understand! I LOVE:lovestruc vmk and will have nothing to do with my self without it. There will be no other place like vmk ever. Anyways, i was just wondering why.

mikeyandscoobyx2
04-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Because, they say it was just a ' promotion '

CutieEm
04-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Yup. Grrrr, an "promotion that has gone over the original closing date"

VMK_Mouse
04-22-2008, 07:16 PM
If it was "just a promotion" they should have never taken our money for codes nor should they have put VIRTUAL items out on DMR. For the same amount I points I used towards items they are about to take away, I would have received a sculpture or TV/DVD combo.

Mintz
04-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Apparently it was just a promotion. To us it was a community. They just didn't realize how big and strong it has become and didn't think about ways to make VMK even bigger and stronger.

vmkfan13
04-22-2008, 07:41 PM
I think they put too much effort if it was just a promotion that was meant to last - say a year?

vmkfan13
04-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Very strange double post -

Mintz
04-22-2008, 07:46 PM
I think they put too much effort if it was just a promotion that was meant to last - say a year?

Yeah they did. Then why did they just decide to quit it and drain all their time and money spent into this? :confused:

FigmentJason
04-22-2008, 08:17 PM
It seemed like it was a successful promotion to me that could have always been expanded on ... why end that? Also, I agree that alot of time was spent for just a promotion and recent updates at that. I mean they added that whole magic area very recently. Odd they added a new area and game if they were going to close so shortly after.

vmkfan13
04-22-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm getting the feeling that VMK was only a side project that never meant to be fully expanded.

KingQuackATac
04-22-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm getting the feeling that VMK was only a side project that never meant to be fully expanded.

My VMK character's pants were just a promotion as well.

The promotion exuse is just that, an exuse. Sulake and Disney don't get along anymore. VMK can't exist without a renewed contract between the two companies. I'm blaming both of them for VMK's closing.

Candyman9585
04-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Yeah they did. Then why did they just decide to quit it and drain all their time and money spent into this? :confused:

yea exactly...like they spent all the money manufacturing the cards, and giving them away for FREE (expect for the pirate pin & card packs) and even last year they were giving out the Nemo Sub card things at disneyland, and the expiration date on them says Sept. of 2008. :sad2: that's what makes it worse :sad2: why bother manufacturing WDI pins, and free cards...just to be like ok enough. i'm so sick of this promotion nonsense. :sad2: :sad2: