PDA

View Full Version : Green Ears For Sale!!!!! Green clothes! Pictures

Bugdozer
04-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Picture to follow
http://xs226.xs.to/xs226/08172/green_ears262.jpghttp://xs226.xs.to/xs226/08172/greentrav512.jpghttp://xs226.xs.to/xs226/08172/greenhk312.jpg

http://xs226.xs.to/xs226/08172/greensnaek550.jpghttp://xs126.xs.to/xs126/08172/wildgreen463.jpg

TinkPinkPoem
04-22-2008, 09:52 AM
You caught me up!:rotfl:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l101/peppermint_blue/greenears-1.gif

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l101/peppermint_blue/disneytravelshirt.gif

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l101/peppermint_blue/HongKongshirt.gif

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l101/peppermint_blue/dance1.gif

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l101/peppermint_blue/dance2.gif

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l101/peppermint_blue/shoes.gif

llama62
04-22-2008, 09:52 AM
Woot!

Kairi-Angel
04-22-2008, 09:54 AM
OMG YES! I LOVE GREEN!!:lovestruc

llama62
04-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Oh and a green troy outfit!

CaptHook34
04-22-2008, 09:58 AM
what great items for salel on earth day!

cteddiesgirl
04-22-2008, 09:58 AM
About time they released them. :)

I love me ears!
Even though green is not my color, I always preferred these to the red ears staff wears. The green almost glows. :goodvibes

mikeyandscoobyx2
04-22-2008, 09:59 AM
WOW! VMK did something right! Hooray!

BattyMcDoon
04-22-2008, 10:13 AM
:faint: :love: :thumbsup2

mouseman68
04-22-2008, 10:15 AM
What no Green Flips!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

souper
04-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Thanks for releasing some of the brand new items VMK.

Just reread this thread. I am saddened if the release of any item is hurtful to Hosts/Staff.

cteddiesgirl
04-22-2008, 10:27 AM
What no Green Flips!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Green flips, green teacup and green saucer. ;)

llama62
04-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Green flips, green teacup and green saucer. ;)

And green bag pants ;)

AdventurersClub
04-22-2008, 10:42 AM
I find it truly disgusting and very disrespectful to staff that they have went ahead and released probably one of the most exclusive items in the game. Green ears are more then silly Earth Day hats, for the longest time they were recognized as the “staff ears” and it is not only sickening to me to see ten in each room I enter but it’s also a sign this truly might be the end of VMK. To all the staff members to who had to wear the green ears for the first 15 months of the game, this is truly a slap in the face to them. Staff costume pieces were never intended to be sold in game nor were ever intended to be owned by players, if this is the way VMK wishes to end our time here, point me to where I can purchase my Club 33 Guest Room, until that time comes I am boycotting the release of any and all “Staff Only Items” from a respect stand point, shame on you for doing this VMK.

mikeyandscoobyx2
04-22-2008, 10:47 AM
I find it truly disgusting and very disrespectful to staff that they have went ahead and released probably one of the most exclusive items in the game. Green ears are more then silly Earth Day hats, for the longest time they were recognized as the “staff ears” and it is not only sickening to me to see ten in each room I enter but it’s also a sign this truly might be the end of VMK. To all the staff members to who had to wear the green ears for the first 15 months of the game, this is truly a slap in the face to them. Staff costume pieces were never intended to be sold in game nor were ever intended to be owned by players, if this is the way VMK wishes to end our time here, point me to where I can purchase my Club 33 Guest Room, until that time comes I am boycotting the release of any and all “Staff Only Items” from a respect stand point, shame on you for doing this VMK.

Relax. VMK is closing? Who cares if they release the stuff. Yes, they are basically sacred items, but I thought a game was supposed to be fun, and they are just workers. (more then just workers, our friends) They don't wear the stuff anymore. So what would it matter? Forgot to add, they are JUST pixels. (the hats I mean)

BattyMcDoon
04-22-2008, 10:47 AM

Just wondering but what do you consider green flip flops and green baggy pants? They were worn by staff AND members...:confused3 They have a new staff costume that I'm sure they wont be selling those. Let the people who like the color green enjoy the few days they have left in VMK with out making them feel bad please, because I'M one of them.

cyre
04-22-2008, 10:50 AM

I'm right there with you. I will not be wearing the green ears either.

Relax. VMK is closing? Who cares if they release the stuff. Yes, they are basically sacred items, but I thought a game was supposed to be fun, and they are just workers. ( more then just workers ) They don't wear the stuff anymore. So what would it matter?

this is no different than when vmk released that pirate hat that was exclusive to Baby...put yourself in their shoes. how would you feel?

aengus
04-22-2008, 10:51 AM
I actually also feel they should not have released the ears.

2 main reasons.

1. just another nail in the coffin of the end of VMK.
2. All those "special" host pictures we have of the old uniforms will now look like every other player.

mikeyandscoobyx2
04-22-2008, 10:52 AM

this is no different than when vmk released that pirate hat that was exclusive to Baby...put yourself in their shoes. how would you feel?

Oh! I remember him. But I forgot the story lol. Did they give the hat to him, or did it just appear in his inventory? >_< I forgot lol. Maybe then i'll understand.

I guess you can go both ways with the new stuff.

Edit: Like Aengus said. This stuff will just make me more sad egh. oh well.

(not being sarcastic, I forgot the story)

threeboysmom
04-22-2008, 10:53 AM

2 main reasons.

2. All those "special" host pictures we have of the old uniforms will now look like every other player.

Yup, sadly this shows to me that VMK really is ending. This move takes away that last shred of hope I've been desperately clinging to these past couple of weeks... :sad1:

AdventurersClub
04-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Relax. VMK is closing? Who cares if they release the stuff. Yes, they are basically sacred items, but I thought a game was supposed to be fun, and they are just workers. (more then just workers, our friends) They don't wear the stuff anymore. So what would it matter? Forgot to add, they are JUST pixels. (the hats I mean)

Maybe it does not matter to you because it fails to make a direct impact on you. These do however mean more to pixels to the "real" people who work for VMK. This is a slap in the face to them. Arguing with me about "sacred items" such as unreleased beta is one thing, but I seriously doubt we would ever see something introduced to us originally as a Staff outfit for sale, on a random day, as an Emporium special, on free credit day for crying out loud. It matters because the ears were a symbol of respect that respect just died the moment I saw a room full of people wearing them in Sci Fi Drive Inn. These "workers" are the same people who work very hard to make every day on VMK fun and safe, they deserve to be shown the same respect they give us. Don't cast aside the feelings of the people this release affects or dismissing my opinion.

VMK_Mouse
04-22-2008, 11:17 AM

Considering that they are closing the game, I don't think it matters.

But, I do agree with you about the green ears being a symbol for staff. They should not have been released. :(

Rygo
04-22-2008, 11:31 AM
By this point they have already showed us they don't care about VMK, the players or the staff just by closing the gates, so how is this any different??? How is this any more disrespectful then the huge slap in the face we all (staff and players) got when they told us they are closing the gates??
To me, this looks more like the designers have gotten lazy and just don't care about VMK now that it is closing. Instead of being creative and releasing something new for earth day, they have just taken all the green stuff out of the ol' closet and put it up for sale.
As for them being once the ears of staff, let's look at it this way: so were the green flips that so many players wear today and since the staff have their uniforms and can not wear the green ears, why not??
I agree with Pink and Aengus on this one, it's just another nail in the already tightly nailed coffin that was VMK.

Pirate-Emery
04-22-2008, 11:35 AM

Exactly. At least I have Hula actually saying something in my pictures so that I know it's her.

anya.sparrow
04-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Well, I too think that releasing the green ears does take away from your early host memories pictures.

But, my gut feeling is that the people who arranged to release the ears did so thinking that they were doing something really nice for the players that most would be happy about.

So, I am going to focus on the nice part. ;)

Disney Dreams
04-22-2008, 12:10 PM
Being a former CM at both Disneyland and the Disney Stores (when they were run/owned by Disney), I find the released of the green ears just pathetic, wrong, and completely not necessary. We used to wear "Letterman" style sweaters at the Disney Store that guests wanted to buy all the time. That didn't mean Disney sold them. They were CM costumes for crying out loud! And to sell them under the title "Earth Day Mickey Ears"?!!?!?

(deletes a WHOLE lot of further thought on the topic)

Now, from a player perspective, I just signed on, went to Small World Imports to get a few items and saw 2 players with green ears saying, "We are staff. Listen up everyone." If for that reason only..................

Seriously, what on earth were they thinking!?!?

And can someone tell me what this design is please? It looks like a target view through a gun with Mickey ears. Am I missing something?

aliceblue
04-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Well, I too think that releasing the green ears does take away from your early host memories pictures.

But, my gut feeling is that the people who arranged to release the ears did so thinking that they were doing something really nice for the players that most would be happy about.

So, I am going to focus on the nice part. ;)I think you have a good point. Newer players don't even remember that they used to be part of the staff uniform; to them they are simply a cool color of ears.

Somehow I doubt that staff is going to feel personally insulted by this. But I'm sure the ears are a wistful reminder of past times for them, as they are for us.

I actually have a different concern than some of you have mentioned. How many kids who do know about the old staff uniform are going around now saying "I look like staff", and getting set up for a ban? For this reason alone, I believe it was an unwise choice on VMK's part.

BattyMcDoon
04-22-2008, 12:26 PM
And can someone tell me what this design is please? It looks like a target view through a gun with Mickey ears. Am I missing something?

It's supposed to look like a plane with mickey ears.

AmberDaze
04-22-2008, 12:32 PM
from a player perspective, I just signed on, went to Small World Imports to get a few items and saw 2 players with green ears saying, "We are staff. Listen up everyone." If for that reason only..................Seriously, what on earth were they thinking!?!?

Maybe they wanted to lessen the load of players in their final days, by banning those who impersonate staff... *sigh* :confused3

And can someone tell me what this design is please? It looks like a target view through a gun with Mickey ears. Am I missing something? http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l101/peppermint_blue/disneytravelshirt.gif

Maybe it was designed by the same person who made the arms coming out of the snowman hat. :rotfl:

Disney Dreams
04-22-2008, 12:35 PM
It's supposed to look like a plane with mickey ears.

Really??? (turns head sideways, squints, hmm)

aeryn
04-22-2008, 01:08 PM

Actually, this is the logo for the Walt Disney Travel Co.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Disney_Travel_Company,_Incorporated

Disney Dreams
04-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Maybe they wanted to lessen the load of players in their final days, by banning those who impersonate staff... *sigh* :confused3
:rotfl: Okay, I was chewing my morning matzo when I read that! :rotfl:

Maybe it was designed by the same person who made the arms coming out of the snowman hat. :rotfl:
2 for 2! :lmao: Days.he is FUNNY this morning! Someone has had her coffee!

Actually, this is the logo for the Walt Disney Travel Co.
AH! Connecting with what Bat.i said about the airplane... AFTER seeing the logo, I get it!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2c/Walt_Disney_Travel_Co.gif
But can I say that the shirt logo is way off, perspective-wise?

Thank you for freeing my brain to go ponder other completely worthless topics. :)

Imagineer_Tech
04-22-2008, 01:30 PM
http://xs126.xs.to/xs126/08172/wildgreen463.jpg[/QUOTE]
Christmas already?

Just looking at that gives me a headache.

Mnementh
04-22-2008, 02:03 PM

Don't worry, I couldn't tell what it was, either, until I read this thread. I thought it was a weird looking camera.

Imagineer_Tech
04-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Don't worry, I couldn't tell what it was, either, until I read this thread. I thought it was a weird looking camera.

Looked like a mickey hand granade to me. :confused3

Or a mickey...... Toon Bomb.....

PirateBell
04-22-2008, 02:44 PM

So, I am going to focus on the nice part. ;)

Well I do remember the host wearing the green ears! I can understand how the older players thining its wrong... it is sad..

But I also agree with sparrow ...that they thought they were doing something nice for everyone..I too would like to leave vmk focusing on the nice part ...

SharkMeal
04-22-2008, 03:20 PM
I was so surprised to see someone where green ears today and not be a
staff. I can't believe they sold these! That's awesome imo!

The orange ears are great too.

disvaclub92
04-22-2008, 05:50 PM

It was never meant to be exclusive to Baby, so comparing that to what he had in clothing to staff has for clothing is like comparing apples and oranges.

2 main reasons.

I totally agree. Green is my favorite color, but having the ears just leaves a bad taste for me. Kinda like pouring salt in wounds.

cyre
04-22-2008, 05:58 PM
It was never meant to be exclusive to Baby, so comparing that to what he had in clothing to staff has for clothing is like comparing apples and oranges.

I stand corrected then. My mistake. That's what I was lead to believe. I still stand by my decision not to wear them, though.

ElectricLime
04-22-2008, 06:03 PM

What orange ears?

BattyMcDoon
04-22-2008, 06:04 PM
What orange ears?

They are one of the prizes in the Toon quest.

BlueSneakerGal
04-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Well gosh. I'm really glad I logged on to Dis before getting Pirate_Apples on line.... If i had logged into VMK and seen those ears, I would have "click, buy, you bought" those ears in a heartbeat! But now I'm afraid if I get them, I'm going to be causing the blood of some fine Dis'ers and VMKers to boil and I don't really want to do that... :sad2:

PrincessWendyBird
04-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Well gosh. I'm really glad I logged on to Dis before getting Pirate_Apples on line.... If i had logged into VMK and seen those ears, I would have "click, buy, you bought" those ears in a heartbeat! But now I'm afraid if I get them, I'm going to be causing the blood of some fine Dis'ers and VMKers to boil and I don't really want to do that... :sad2:

Well, I didn't read Dis first and I had already purchased and placed my green ears on my little avatar head before I read the many posts over here. I was really excited about those ears and, to be honest, seeing so much anger here about them sort of took the wind out of my sails. I was not around when the staff wore green ears, so I don't have those same memories which perhaps gives me a different perspective than those who have been playing the game a long time.

If you like the ears, buy them and wear them. My first thought when I saw them was how many players who have never had ears, now have a chance to buy them. I know I am in the minority here, but I am thankful for the chance to have some different items before May 21st rolls around.

Hugs to all of us who are dealing with the very likely chance that we are losing our little Kingdom forever. :grouphug:

aengus
04-22-2008, 06:45 PM
I dont think anyone here wants to ruin anyone who enjoys the green ears. I think they just wanted to voice that they shouldn't have happened.

They did happen, it cant be taken back. Enjoy your ears ;)

Many of us, will not purchase them, but thats an individual choice. A sentimental one at that.

Disney Dreams
04-22-2008, 06:47 PM
...seeing so much anger here about them sort of took the wind out of my sails. I was not around when the staff wore green ears, so I don't have those same memories which perhaps gives me a different perspective than those who have been playing the game a long time.

...My first thought when I saw them was how many players who have never had ears, now have a chance to buy them...

Hugs to all of us who are dealing with the very likely chance that we are losing our little Kingdom forever. :grouphug:

Thanks for sharing this perspective Princess. It is a good point that this is the first time that just plain ears of any color have been for sale. I had not seen it that way and am happy for you and the others that are happy by this opportunity. Although I stand by my opinion that green ears were a poor choice, I can see how the opportunity to buy ears brings that excitement we are all trying to find in Funville at the moment.

And hugs to you as well. We are all having a tough time, aren't we? I think I really really thought our letters and phone calls would somehow matter. Seeing the green ears go for sale today slammed me into the reality that no one that has the ability to reverse the foolish decision seems to care. Hugs.

VirtuallyMe
04-22-2008, 06:49 PM

I am proudly sporting my orange ears- being it is my favorite color and reminds me of some of my best vmk friends- I will keep them on until close of the game...

Shaymojack
04-22-2008, 06:54 PM
This "might" be the end of the game? I don't know where you've been the last two or three weeks, but it kinda is. So what if they release them? They're one of the most requested items to be released, and the staff haven't had them as uniform for quite a long time. Maybe they weren't ever intended to be sold, but the game wasn't intended to last this long either.

PrincessWendyBird
04-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Thanks for sharing this perspective Princess. It is a good point that this is the first time that just plain ears of any color have been for sale. I had not seen it that way and am happy for you and the others that are happy by this opportunity. Although I stand by my opinion that green ears were a poor choice, I can see how the opportunity to buy ears brings that excitement we are all trying to find in Funville at the moment.

And hugs to you as well. We are all having a tough time, aren't we? I think I really really thought our letters and phone calls would somehow matter. Seeing the green ears go for sale today slammed me into the reality that no one that has the ability to reverse the foolish decision seems to care. Hugs.

:hug: :hug: Big hugs right back at you. I think we are all really feeling the effect of the announcement that VMK is closing. I understand completely what many of you are feeling and respect the decision not to purchase them. If I had been playing for as long as many of you, I am sure I'd feel very hurt as well. I think that what is hurting so many of us the most is that these items being released represent the impending closure and that really has hit all of us extremely hard. King and I are still writing, but I think we came to the realization that our precious Kingdom will be gone soon. Someone mentioned in another thread how this is like grief. It really is and we are all feeling its effect.

Hugs everyone. :grouphug:

poohluv2u
04-22-2008, 07:02 PM

:sad: :sad: :sad: This answer breaks my heart more than any perceived slight against VMK staff. Someone who was just happy to have some green ears is made to feel sad because of other people's anger .. its all sounds very reminicent of the silver ears fiasco, where people wearing them were taunted as cheaters.

Shaymojack
04-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Well gosh. I'm really glad I logged on to Dis before getting Pirate_Apples on line.... If i had logged into VMK and seen those ears, I would have "click, buy, you bought" those ears in a heartbeat! But now I'm afraid if I get them, I'm going to be causing the blood of some fine Dis'ers and VMKers to boil and I don't really want to do that...
Go ahead and buy them if you want them. I have two slightly different perspectives on this, and I'm feeling both of them.

1. You could not care what other people think and buy them anyways. It's your choice, not theirs. Why should they control what you do?

2. It's sad that people probably will get upset when they see people buy them. But why do they need to? Again, it is your choice for you to buy/wear them, not theirs.

I bought them, but I don't wear anything the first few days it's released. I like to wait until fewer people wear them.

Disney Dreams
04-22-2008, 07:10 PM
...But now I'm afraid if I get them, I'm going to be causing the blood of some fine Dis'ers and VMKers to boil and I don't really want to do that... :sad2:

If you wanted them when you first saw them, BUY them. Buy 1,000 of them if you want and hand them out to everyone you see. Seriously.

YOU will not / are not causing anyone's blood to boil... as you put it. The decision to sell them is the cause - NOT you (or anyone else who chooses to buy them, wear them, and enjoy them).

I think I can speak for everyone here when I say NO ONE is upset with the players who are excited to have them. Just because my brain keeps saying, "Look! Staff! Oh, no, wait..." every time someone enters the room with them has nothing to do with you. :rotfl:

If you want them, go get them and enjoy them!

BlueSneakerGal
04-22-2008, 07:13 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: This answer breaks my heart more than any perceived slight against VMK staff. Someone who was just happy to have some green ears is made to feel sad because of other people's anger .. its all sounds very reminicent of the silver ears fiasco, where people wearing them were taunted as cheaters.

Aww,don't cry Pooh. The responses of Princess Wendy, Aengus, Disney Dreams and Shaymojack have convinced me to go ahead and get my ears. Like others have said, I think nerves are raw and there's a fair amount of walking around on pins and needles. :(

Goofy05
04-22-2008, 07:17 PM
When I found out that green ears were being sold, I was mostly in shock and a bit saddened. Green ears meant staff to anyone who played vmk for a while, and none of us ever wanted to see them sold. However, I bought them. I bought them because they are green. I will wear them, just as most newer players will, and some older players, as well. The point others were trying to make is that it was a mistake for vmk to release an item we associated with staff. Nobody should ever tell anyone what not to wear. Gosh, if I listened to everyone who told me it was wrong to be green...
Enjoy the ears! I will.

ForeverWDW
04-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Catch a lucky Host.. not wait a Leprechaun.. no.. a Player! I am digusted at the sale of Staff Green Ears. I am disgusted at Yavn for how he chooses to treat the staff that supported his game through all these years. Those ears always have been and always will be (in my heart at least) Staff only Ears. You, Yavn, who made sure that we all knew certian items would always be staff only. Those ears were one of those items. Shame on you for treating your staff this way. The employees who have worked countless hours and I dont even want to begin to imagine how many overtime hours they have put in without pay. So glad I would never have to work for someone so dang thoughtless as you.

What makes matters worse are the kids now going around saying they are staff. Like your moderation team doesn't have enough work to do keeping kids from sharing their personal info, now they have this? What in the world were you thinking? How thoughtless yet again of you.

When my kids questioned me about the ears and why they were selling them bc they too were upset they were on sale. I answered that it would be like a bunch of yavns running around on VMK. You can keep your ears, I wont be buying them. I refuse to wear something that has always been so special to staff and us. You should have named St.Patricks day the day of fools instead. I like many others sat in rooms busting at the seams to get a quick picture of a Host.i Leprechaun. I never did see one, but that day was filled with laughter and fun while we waited. Thanks for taking that away and shoving whats left of happy days down the drain.

And in case you dont think your choice to sell those ears did have an impact heres a pic for you :
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/5206/falseyavnstaffqg4.jpg
Note to everyone: This picture is not staff nor yavn This was a picture done by me with loaned ears and shoes and purchased clothing.

A picture is worth a thousand words ... isn't it :mad:

Disney Dreams
04-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Aww,don't cry Pooh. The responses of Princess Wendy, Aengus, Disney Dreams and Shaymojack have convinced me to go ahead and get my ears. Like others have said, I think nerves are raw and there's a fair amount of walking around on pins and needles. :(

Enjoy them. :cutie: (giggle - it's sort of a green-eared smiley)

Goofy05
04-22-2008, 07:23 PM
What makes you so certain Yavn maintains any control over vmk?
I will wear my green ears with a smile. Staff ears are red, not green. Nobody should be fooled by anyone wearing green ears and claiming to be staff.
Am I happy about the release of the green ears? No, to me it signifies vmk is really truly closing it's doors.

EyoreFANS12
I do see your point, who knows what else they will sell..

:(

CoolTrainerTerry
The Green HSM outfit is *blech*

swimmingneno
04-22-2008, 07:27 PM
The Green HSM outfit is *blech*

IT does look done at the last minute... :sad2:

poohluv2u
04-22-2008, 07:27 PM
..... We are all having a tough time, aren't we? I think I really really thought our letters and phone calls would somehow matter. Seeing the green ears go for sale today slammed me into the reality that no one that has the ability to reverse the foolish decision seems to care. Hugs.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: Just can't stop crying today ..

TinkPinkPoem
04-22-2008, 07:30 PM

I thought it was a Mickey mouse :rotfl:.. as in computer mouse!

disvaclub92
04-22-2008, 07:32 PM

Don't feel that way. It is a choice individuals make as a result of their experience. Just like voting in the Primary (woot PA in the hot seat tonight.) The choice is yours to make, don't let others opinions dictate it. That is what makes us each our own individuals. If we follow the masses, where would we be. Nowhere. Choose as you seem fit. :goodvibes

VMK_MagicalLadee
04-22-2008, 07:34 PM
=\

I don't get all the controversy.

I like the ears, I'm buying them.. Simple as that.

VirtuallyMe
04-22-2008, 07:34 PM
If we follow the masses, where would we be. :goodvibes

at the back of a really really long line...

disvaclub92
04-22-2008, 07:37 PM

And I tell you know, this girl does not like waiting in long lines. Thank goodness for fast pass. :lmao:

CelebrationNM
04-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Don't feel that way. It is a choice individuals make as a result of their experience. Just like voting in the Primary (woot PA in the hot seat tonight.) The choice is yours to make, don't let others opinions dictate it. That is what makes us each our own individuals. If we follow the masses, where would we be. Nowhere. Choose as you seem fit. :goodvibes

Exactly! I make DIS'ers mad all the time and I still enjoy my time in VMK.

Thanks for all the green, VMK! This stuff rules! :thumbsup2

DeluxePrincess
04-22-2008, 07:39 PM
I saw this thread this morning and wondered what my daughter would say about the ears. When she came home from school, I told her about it. Her response was, "Those ears are for the staff.". She has fond memories of Hula, Phinny, Lily, and even Bella in those ears. When VMK opened, she was a little too young to play alone, so we always sat together and played host games. I always had to compliment the host on their ears for my DD. Sadly, VMk has hurt her deeply this past month. First, the impossilbe Blackheart quest. Then, the announcement of the closing. Finally, the disrespect that the release of these ears brings to our dear hosts.

I can't fault anyone for wearing the ears. They are lovely. I blame the game. I guess it just means that the end is truly near. How sad it is. :sad1:

BlueSneakerGal
04-22-2008, 07:39 PM
If we follow the masses, where would we be.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

cteddiesgirl
04-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Well I do remember the host wearing the green ears! I can understand how the older players thining its wrong... it is sad..

But I also agree with sparrow ...that they thought they were doing something nice for everyone..I too would like to leave vmk focusing on the nice part ...

I agree. I think it was just a nice thing/gift to players.

Actually, I still believe that we can save it. I don't think that Robert Iger made the decision to sell the green ears in VMK. :)

Keep the hope alive and keep fighting! :goodvibes

This was my first thought too when I seen this post.

When I found out that green ears were being sold, I was mostly in shock and a bit saddened. Green ears meant staff to anyone who played vmk for a while, and none of us ever wanted to see them sold.

Please speak for yourself. ;)

I remember the green ears as staff only.
I do have a lot of fond memories of staff wearing them and looking out for them in the game.
But after they changed to only the red ears, I've long since thought they should be sold.

vmkfan13
04-22-2008, 08:31 PM
It's like a glowing - radioactive wildcats' outfit..
Someone bleached Gabriella's dress??

aliceblue
04-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Looking at the green ears just for themselves, you have to admit they have a lovely glow.

They were always very easy to spot in a room, as opposed to the red ears which I still have trouble seeing. (Sigh.)

It's harder to see these everywhere than I thought it would be. The old staff costume brings back memories of a more laid-back feel to the game. (Although I never thought that bare midriffs were very appropriate for staff in a children's game, and was glad when they changed to something more official-looking. ;))

Mintz
04-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Too many new releases..in so little time. It use to be just a weekend pin and some clothing peice or a furnish bit maybe. Here they are dropping out all these items to us, atleast their giving out credits too. But I would love it so much if we just had more time to keep these items. Wouldn't mind just getting a weekend pin every week, not at all.

BayKid
04-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Green ears are more then silly Earth Day hats, for the longest time they were recognized as the “staff ears” and it is not only sickening to me to see ten in each room I enter but it’s also a sign this truly might be the end of VMK.

for those who are holding out that vmk may still remain open and not close next month, just take a look at the AMOUNT of cool things they put out there today (and this weekend!), not just green hats....vmk is unloading all the things they have kept in the attic as a way of saying "thanks" to the players...the more stuff they keep pumping out for the players the more i am convinced vmk is gone May 21st.....

Cardinal
04-22-2008, 10:04 PM
=\

I don't get all the controversy.

I like the ears, I'm buying them.. Simple as that.

Yeah, why should we have to justify buying these ears because a few people decided to throw a hissy fit? :rotfl2:

lizbeth374
04-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Please dont shoot me!! But since they released the green ears (which my son loves since green is his favorite color)...I hope they go ahead and release the blue ears...:scared:

Arcadius
04-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Personally I'm not mad about green ears being re-released.
Ever since vmk staff has been wearing the red ears, players have been asking for green ears to be released. "hey your not using them anymore, can we have them?"
I bought a pair of green ears, and if blue come out i'll buy them too.

Help_me_know
04-22-2008, 11:17 PM
i like the green ears and if Blue,purple,red,yellow,pink,brown and bronze ears were relased i would look the other way. OR if the had a all ears quest giving ou every colour of ears.

P.S. Vmk is closing what do they? have to lose

jasonpwns
04-22-2008, 11:38 PM
Catch a lucky Host.. not wait a Leprechaun.. no.. a Player! I am digusted at the sale of Staff Green Ears. I am disgusted at Yavn for how he chooses to treat the staff that supported his game through all these years. Those ears always have been and always will be (in my heart at least) Staff only Ears. You, Yavn, who made sure that we all knew certian items would always be staff only. Those ears were one of those items. Shame on you for treating your staff this way. The employees who have worked countless hours and I dont even want to begin to imagine how many overtime hours they have put in without pay. So glad I would never have to work for someone so dang thoughtless as you.

What makes matters worse are the kids now going around saying they are staff. Like your moderation team doesn't have enough work to do keeping kids from sharing their personal info, now they have this? What in the world were you thinking? How thoughtless yet again of you.

When my kids questioned me about the ears and why they were selling them bc they too were upset they were on sale. I answered that it would be like a bunch of yavns running around on VMK. You can keep your ears, I wont be buying them. I refuse to wear something that has always been so special to staff and us. You should have named St.Patricks day the day of fools instead. I like many others sat in rooms busting at the seams to get a quick picture of a Host.i Leprechaun. I never did see one, but that day was filled with laughter and fun while we waited. Thanks for taking that away and shoving whats left of happy days down the drain.

And in case you dont think your choice to sell those ears did have an impact heres a pic for you :
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/5206/falseyavnstaffqg4.jpg
Note to everyone: This picture is not staff nor yavn This was a picture done by me with loaned ears and shoes and purchased clothing.

A picture is worth a thousand words ... isn't it :mad:

littledragonerin has the pants :p

Evoulie
04-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Personally I'm not mad about green ears being re-released.
Ever since vmk staff has been wearing the red ears, players have been asking for green ears to be released. "hey your not using them anymore, can we have them?"
I bought a pair of green ears, and if blue come out i'll buy them too.
I doubt blue ears will be released because producers wear them.

Ev

ForeverWDW
04-23-2008, 12:43 AM
littledragonerin has the pants :p

Yes I know a few people with green bag pants. Those are my pants, cheap knock offs sold in the emporium for 25 credits.. lol

aengus
04-23-2008, 08:18 AM
for those who are holding out that vmk may still remain open and not close next month, just take a look at the AMOUNT of cool things they put out there today (and this weekend!), not just green hats....vmk is unloading all the things they have kept in the attic as a way of saying "thanks" to the players...the more stuff they keep pumping out for the players the more i am convinced vmk is gone May 21st.....

yes, this is what has me saddened the most. They are unloading the game, reality is setting in. I know it does not mean anyone should stop trying to save the game, but these reality checks sure take some wind out of your sails. I love that everyone is happy getting all these items, but I am sad because it becomes more and more real they are just unloading them because its over. Especially true with the green ears

I doubt blue ears will be released because producers wear them.

Ev

No they dont, QA_'s do. Producers uh... produce.

cat_herder
04-23-2008, 08:21 AM
I hope they are for sell on Wednesday since I couldn't get online Monday or Tuesday. :(

cteddiesgirl
04-23-2008, 09:20 AM
I hope they are for sell on Wednesday since I couldn't get online Monday or Tuesday. :(

If not, I have a pair you can have. :)

SkippyPaul
04-23-2008, 09:27 AM
A thought came to my mind yesterday, well more like a reality slap in the face. You know how the 4th of july you go see the fireworks display? And at the end there is always that grand finale?

Well. I think the release of all those great items yesterday was our fireworks grand finale of vmk ending. Harsh sad reality.

cteddiesgirl
04-23-2008, 09:42 AM
A thought came to my mind yesterday, well more like a reality slap in the face. You know how the 4th of july you go see the fireworks display? And at the end there is always that grand finale?

Well. I think the release of all those great items yesterday was our fireworks grand finale of vmk ending. Harsh sad reality.

Stop dwelling on the fact that they're releasing stuff. As I said in a previous post, it may be the DIG telling them to do this, but I pretty sure it's not Bob Iger. If he (or someone else higher than those in DIG) should be persuaded that they should keep VMK, they can do that.

Keep sending those letters, emails, flats, etc.

BayKid
04-23-2008, 09:45 AM

yup well said...it is definitely the last hurrah (though i suspect vmk will continue to unload more stuff in the coming weeks)....for me unfortunately i am not really taking advantage of the new things and enjoying them since for me there is no point in it. for me anyway these new releases, some of them very nice like the furniture yesterday, showed the potential for vmk to continue adding new fresh items to keep the game interesting....and makes me wonder why things didn't get released more frequently. too bad really...

Barbday62
04-23-2008, 10:06 AM

Are they still for sale tody?

cyre
04-23-2008, 10:16 AM

yep!

TanyaLovesPooh
04-23-2008, 10:35 AM
yep!

Where please? I don't see green ears for sell anywhere? :confused3

TravisSch
04-23-2008, 10:36 AM

I just checked a little bit ago. All the green items that were put in the Emporium yesterday are gone. Also, there is a new prize in the sword. Some kind of hat.

cat_herder
04-23-2008, 11:42 AM
If not, I have a pair you can have. :)

I just logged in and can't fine any of the things for sell.
I saw someone with a orange ears and someone else with what looked like a orange gator on their head.

TinkPinkPoem
04-23-2008, 11:45 AM
I saw someone with a orange ears and someone else with what looked like a orange gator on their head.

They went off sale shortly after opening time.

cteddiesgirl
04-23-2008, 11:49 AM

The orange ears are from a quest that's under the Q button, along with a bunch of Mickey items.. :)
I have green ears you can have. I will be available tonightafter 7pm east. Just let me know when a good time to get together is. :)

cyre
04-23-2008, 11:51 AM
They went off sale shortly after opening time.

yeah. looks like someone realized they forgot to take them out last night after close hehe

cat_herder
04-23-2008, 11:54 AM
The orange ears are from a quest that's under the Q button, along with a bunch of Mickey items.. :)
I have green ears you can have. I will be available tonightafter 7pm east. Just let me know when a good time to get together is. :)

Thanks for your kindess cteddiesgirl, but I just received a pair from someone else. :) woot

Kit-Kat-Bar
04-23-2008, 03:27 PM
:headache: *sigh* I knew this was going to happen, I was babysitting yesterday and didn't come back at 8:30 and my mom was doing her homework for college so I wasn't able to get on and get any of the stuff. Oh well :I

~ Kat

Barbday62
04-23-2008, 03:46 PM
KitKat I bought extra hats for the only purpose to give away. I can reserve one for you if you like. PM me when we can best meet up. Im on about 5:30 VMK time or we can do it on the weekend.

cteddiesgirl
04-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Thanks for your kindess cteddiesgirl, but I just received a pair from someone else. :) woot

Woot!
Happy to hear you got a pair. :goodvibes

I still have a pair I can give to someone that didn't get them. :)

mordux
04-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Could you give them to me for my kid, he was heartbroken today when they were already gone?

Thanks

cteddiesgirl
04-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Could you give them to me for my kid, he was heartbroken today when they were already gone?

Thanks

OK. I'm logging in now, if that's good. :)

mordux
04-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Absolutely, great, just come find ... gookus
thanks

mordux
04-23-2008, 07:47 PM
thanks a ton cteddie, bye the way, I emtied that room with all the wants in there LOL:thumbsup2

mickeyminnie123
04-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Aww! I missed the sale. :sad1:

Barbday62
04-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Aww! I missed the sale. :sad1:

Did you get a pair of ears yet? Let me know in PM if you did not.