PDA

View Full Version : VMKs Topsy Turvy Toontown Quest! 4/22-4/30

supermonkey
04-21-2008, 08:28 PM
http://avmk.disney.go.com/avmk_v0300/en_US/media/calendar/eventinfo/EventInfo-2008-04-21-TopsyTurvyQuest3.jpg
4/22 - 4/30

The Toons (and VMK) need your help! The evil Cogs of Toontown are trying to invade and take over VMK! Play the Topsy Turvy Toontown Quest and help keep the Cogs away from VMK!

Adambinder
04-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Under events:

4/22 - 4/30

The Toons (and VMK) need your help! The evil Cogs of Toontown are trying to invade and take over VMK! Play the Topsy Turvy Toontown Quest and help keep the Cogs away from VMK!

Pirate-Emery
04-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Under events:

4/22 - 4/30

Are they trying to take away VMK? I ask because I could live with a VMK if it was under the control of the Cogs, as it would be far better than no VMK at all.

So, no, I don't think I'll join in this war effort, VMK staff. Fend off the Cogs on your own.

redshoe
04-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Yup. I think I'll be staying away from this quest. It's the principle of it, really.

MPhins13
04-21-2008, 08:53 PM
Isn't this Topsy Turvy month and this is the first Topsy Turvey quest?
I look forward to another quest even if it has to do with - yawn - Toontown. Need to help keep VMK from being taken over (crosses fingers for Flying Carpet Magic)

llama62
04-21-2008, 08:56 PM
The only way I would play this quest is if it's either easy, gives Flying carpet, or a ton of credits.

Belle1997
04-21-2008, 08:57 PM
sounds like a hidden message. Get those cogs as far away from VMK

Jasonbobdude
04-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Unless the quest has some TRULY amazing prizes, I'm not doing it just to make a statement. I am never joining Toontown and Disney can't make me.

GBShorts
04-21-2008, 11:10 PM
Ok so, I used to have a Toontown account and was considering re-upping it this summer before the VMK closure announcement.

I think this little quest has sealed the deal.

I find it appalling and pathetic that Disney is trying to push children (and adults!) into paying for things.

There were SO MANY ways to keep VMK free. Advertising, choosing to pay for premium items, etc.

I'm losing my patience with these people. I need an airing of Grievances.

LuckyDesi
04-22-2008, 03:33 AM
I see why Disney wants people to pay cash for things as they are a business. I mean we go to Disneyland or WDW and spend tons of money. But this advertising blitz is ridiculous. It's taking away some of the fun in these last few days.
Management has no real clue what thier market for this game is nor do they care. They preach "magic" but don't practice it.

TinkPinkPoem
04-22-2008, 09:41 AM
http://avmk.disney.go.com/avmk_v0300/en_US/media/calendar/eventinfo/EventInfo-2008-04-21-TopsyTurvyQuest3.jpg
4/22 - 4/30

Haven't they already invaded vmk?

No more Toons, please!

llama62
04-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Prizes:
Orange mickey ears
Mickey pants coffee table
Mouse ears lamp
Mickey carpet
Mickey chair

cteddiesgirl
04-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Well, I guess I'll be doing the quest. Love the ears! Even if they are orange. LOL

threeboysmom
04-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Well, I guess I'll be doing the quest. Love the ears! Even if they are orange. LOL

We're so easy... LOL! :rotfl2:

TinkPinkPoem
04-22-2008, 10:11 AM

LOL I guess we are..:lmao: but the prizes are amazing!

llama62
04-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Stupid toontown trivia :headache:

CaptHook34
04-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Arg, didnt want to do the quest..but such good prizes!!!

aliceblue
04-22-2008, 10:20 AM
We're so easy... LOL! :rotfl2::rotfl:

cteddiesgirl
04-22-2008, 10:28 AM
:lmao:
Yep. Except when it comes to losing my VMK! :mad:

They still aren't going to get me to play Toontown just because of thise quest.

TinkPinkPoem
04-22-2008, 10:35 AM
I loved the prizes but I can't help but feel sad that they tried to pass on Toon Town trivia to get future players for the game.

Still sad.:sad1:

Kasiks
04-22-2008, 10:37 AM
I loved the prizes but I can't help but feel sad that they tried to pass on Toon Town trivia to get future players for the game.

Still sad.:sad1:

That is the reason why I gave the quest 1* even if the quest was well done :rotfl:

threeboysmom
04-22-2008, 10:42 AM
They still aren't going to get me to play Toontown just because of thise quest.

Yup ::yes::

Honestly, I've never even looked into this game AT ALL. And after seeing the "advertisements" for it on VMK, all I can say is it looks absolutely absurd! I won't even waste the energy involved to pull up the website...

No interest in being an obnoxious toon WHATSOEVER :sad2:

TinkPinkPoem
04-22-2008, 10:43 AM
That is the reason why I gave the quest 1* even if the quest was well done :rotfl:

I was about to give one star, but I added another for the prizes.:rotfl:

OneLittleSpark
04-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Gah! Another Toontown advert? If anything, all this advertising is making me less likely to play the game (if it is possible to get something less likely than 'not in a million years', that is).

And why, oh why, oh why, do they insist on including magic in the tasks? I didn't buy bat magic when it was out, as I'm not that fussed about magic (sorry if that's sacrilegious ;)), so how do I, or the umpteen other people without bat magic, complete this quest?! Grrrrr.

Oh yes, and I'm planning to give it a one star for the blatent forced advertising too. Well... that is, assuming I finish it! lol

Pirate-Emery
04-22-2008, 11:21 AM
I laugh because VMK mixed up Lenny and Benny. :lmao:

cteddiesgirl
04-22-2008, 11:41 AM
Gah! Another Toontown advert? If anything, all this advertising is making me less likely to play the game (if it is possible to get something less likely than 'not in a million years', that is).

And why, oh why, oh why, do they insist on including magic in the tasks? I didn't buy bat magic when it was out, as I'm not that fussed about magic (sorry if that's sacrilegious ;)), so how do I, or the umpteen other people without bat magic, complete this quest?! Grrrrr.

Oh yes, and I'm planning to give it a one star for the blatent forced advertising too. Well... that is, assuming I finish it! lol

Is the 1 time use pin still for sale in the magic shop?

got2travel
04-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Is the 1 time use pin still for sale in the magic shop?

No it's not there. I've checked.

I don't have bat magic, so no way for me to complete, unless someone is willing to let me borrow.

Never mind, just checked. Its there under pins. I was just looking at the specials.

MissVMK678:0)
04-22-2008, 12:15 PM
I want my ice cream stand still waiting!LOL!

luvmyeor
04-22-2008, 01:03 PM
The one-time use bat magic is for sale in the Magic Shop. Just look under the pins tab.

Disney Dreams
04-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Someone in Small World Imports said,
"omg why is the quest all about toon town?"

Me: "bc VMK is trying to push us onto their other games so we will accept VMK closing"

Other person: "never! I hat toon town i want to play vmk"

3rd person: "yeah, if we wanted toon town we would be there"

4th person: "toon town is for baby kids"

Ever hear of Market Research Disney? Nice going with your quest. (cough)

Mnementh
04-22-2008, 02:08 PM
I laugh because VMK mixed up Lenny and Benny. :lmao:

They mixed up the names? It looked right to me.

And I still haven't finished the quest because my stupid computer won't let me play mansion :headache:

ash410
04-22-2008, 02:19 PM
arg question 13 is wrong too lol the movie is "the shaggy dog" but thats not the "correct" answer.

Jasonbobdude
04-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Someone in Small World Imports said,
"omg why is the quest all about toon town?"

Me: "bc VMK is trying to push us onto their other games so we will accept VMK closing"

Other person: "never! I hat toon town i want to play vmk"

3rd person: "yeah, if we wanted toon town we would be there"

4th person: "toon town is for baby kids"

Ever hear of Market Research Disney? Nice going with your quest. (cough)

I hope they are paying attention.

Disneychick74
04-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Yup ::yes::

Honestly, I've never even looked into this game AT ALL. And after seeing the "advertisements" for it on VMK, all I can say is it looks absolutely absurd! I won't even waste the energy involved to pull up the website...

No interest in being an obnoxious toon WHATSOEVER :sad2:

HEY!!!
I happen to like toon town.
I understand you guys being angry at Disney and VMK for closing and I understand you don't want Toontown shoved down your throats.
but bashing the game and it's players is a bit much dont you think?
It really is a fun game, one my son and I enjoy playing together.
I have just as meny friends there as I do on VMK, I have been a paying member there for almost 3 years. So like many of you here who say that VMK is your home away from home, I feel the same about toon and so do many others.
So maybe we can be a bit more cautious when talking about Toon
because many Dis members play the game and have WELL before VMK decided it was going to try and make Toontown the "New VMK"

whs_singingrose
04-22-2008, 03:15 PM
arg question 13 is wrong too lol the movie is "the shaggy dog" but thats not the "correct" answer.

actually the first version of the movie is the right answer.

Eeyore's Pal
04-22-2008, 03:15 PM
I will play the quest, because as others said, "I'm easy." :( Offer me some cool orange ears and neat furnishings and I go right over to the Dark Side.

On the other hand, WDIG can send all the Toontown advertisements they want, I am not playing. I have no desire to dress up like a toon. Give me my beautiful princess dresses, my bling shirts, and my park costumes...especially my park costumes! :wizard:

I don't want strange animated buildings, I want the buildings, rooms, and rides that remind me of WDW...the things that keep me sane when my real life is overstressed, overwhelming, and 900 miles from Lake Buena Vista. :sad1:

SharkMeal
04-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Can someone help me? I think my computer's glitched or something lol. I googled
lawyer that got turned into a dog and it comes up with "The Shaggy Dog"
and when I put that as my answer it says it's wrong. It's the task after you
sit down in the Sci-Fi Dine In.

mikeyandscoobyx2
04-22-2008, 03:58 PM
HEY!!!
I understand you guys being angry at Disney and VMK for closing and I understand you don't want Toontown shoved down your throats.
I have just as meny friends there as I do on VMK, I have been a paying member there for almost 3 years. So like many of you here who say that VMK is your home away from home, I feel the same about toon and so do many others.
because many Dis members play the game and have WELL before VMK decided it was going to try and make Toontown the "New VMK"

I agree!! I've made some great friends on there. When my subscription ended, I was so sad to never be able to play again. I lost such great friends. The worst part was, not knowing that my subscription was going to be cancelled the next day.. I never got to say good-bye. :sad2: :sad1:

PirateBell
04-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Hey.. I don't about Toon Town game...I love vmk..thats all I know...

So I did he quest..and loved it! I really sad that vmk is closing...it is the onl game I have ever played before on line..and I don'know if there will be another one... But i loved getting stff from the game!!
Thanks vmk!!

Ran
04-22-2008, 04:02 PM
SharkMeal: The answer is the Shaggy D.A.

sleepingbeautymama
04-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Aww I have to play mansion again because I got the answer wrong about what gags they throw. Can anyone give me some help? My computer is so laggy I'm afraid I won't even be able to get through another mansion game.

WWEDUDE
04-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Last task, copyright infringement. Anyone? Anyone?

:rotfl:

VirtuallyMe
04-22-2008, 06:32 PM
Can someone help me? I think my computer's glitched or something lol. I googled
lawyer that got turned into a dog and it comes up with "The Shaggy Dog"
and when I put that as my answer it says it's wrong. It's the task after you
sit down in the Sci-Fi Dine In.

The remake of Shaggy Dog- does have a lawyer turning into a dog...

But the original Shaggy Dog is a young boy who turns into a dog.

The Shaggy DA was a sequel- loosely related to the original that is actually more like the remake Shaggy Dog...

How is that for confusing? lol

supermonkey
04-22-2008, 06:41 PM
is the 8 or 7 question not working bc answer is benny i thought

VirtuallyMe
04-22-2008, 06:45 PM
is the 8 or 7 question not working bc answer is benny i thought

I think it is question 8 that asks for the cabs name. It is benny but that is NOT the right answer in the quest- they want the name that rhymes with it...

dizanimator
04-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Anyone know if the quest was shut down and restarted to switch to the wrong name for the cab? If it was, anybody who did the quest before the change might be able to play again for more prizes.

ecsarabians
04-22-2008, 06:56 PM
There is a 100 queue getting into the gallery. I don't want to get it wrong again :(

PrincessAveri

I think it is question 8 that asks for the cabs name. It is benny but that is NOT the right answer in the quest- they want the name that rhymes with it...

SharkMeal
04-22-2008, 06:59 PM
I put Benny and got it right a couple hours ago.. weird.

VMK_Mouse
04-22-2008, 07:01 PM
The quest has not been restarted. The answer is wrong still. :(

ecsarabians
04-22-2008, 07:02 PM
:confused3

There is a 100 queue getting into the gallery. I don't want to get it wrong again :(

PrincessAveri

sleepingbeautymama
04-22-2008, 07:03 PM
I played early and picked Benny and it was right for my character. My daughter just tried and picked Benny and it said it was wrong??? Now she's back in a queue of over 100. :(

Eeyore's Pal
04-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Benny is no longer registering as correct. The correct answer is now Lenny.

ecsarabians
04-22-2008, 07:10 PM
:goodvibes :goodvibes

Benny is no longer registering as correct. The correct answer is now Lenny.

got2travel
04-22-2008, 08:03 PM
They completely changed the choices on the trolley question. No more Benny as a choice. There was Dude, Ben, Lenny and I don't remember what else.

Clarity
04-22-2008, 08:21 PM
HEY!!!

Thank you for saying this! I know it stinks that they're trying to persuade everyone to move from VMK to a pay-to-play game, but it doesn't make sense to say ToonTown is a bad game simply because it's not VMK. I can undersand if you tried ToonTown and didn't like it, but don't bash it until you've tried it out! My brother and I have accounts now and it's so much fun!

Anyway, I finally got into the gallery. I missed my turn the first time so it took forever. People are in there answering the next questions instead of leaving to let others have a turn in the gallery.

disvaclub92
04-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Anyway, I finally got into the gallery. I missed my turn the first time so it took forever. People are in there answering the next questions instead of leaving to let others have a turn in the gallery.

A task to go sit down somewhere after collecting the jewels would be so perfect to prevent the wait for this quest. (HINT) :)