PDA

View Full Version : The WOnDeRs - THE RESULTS ARE IN - W/C 21st April

BRobson
04-21-2008, 06:33 AM
GO WOnDeRS

We have lost in total this week 47lbs

That is a small child :)

You have all done sooooo well with our 2 biggest losers being fakereadhed and chirurgeon both loosing 6lbs a piece :worship: :worship:

Even if you did not see a result on the scales last week keep up the good work

I weighed in this morning and lost 1lb :)

UrsulasShadow
04-21-2008, 06:46 AM
GO WOnDeRS

OMG!!! We lost a small child! Quick, everybody help me look!

(Oh, never mind...there it is, firmly attached to my backside)

Congrats to everyone for your success, and persistence!

tmli
04-21-2008, 07:46 AM
Dh and I each lost 1.5lbs this week!! Thats a total of 17 for DH and 9.5 for me.

Great work everyone!

O2BNWDW
04-21-2008, 07:50 AM
Okay I am getting a little confused at how all of this is working. The weight lost last week is posted, but how about for this week? Or are we using the same thread??

Are we doing groups? I want to be a part of this but feel a little out of the know...and goodness knows I need all the support I can get!!

This week DH and I are starting back on the treadmill TODAY as I just discovered that I have gained back all but two pounds of the 13 I lost before Christmas :sad2:

happy2go2wdwmom
04-21-2008, 08:02 AM
Shoot---had a First Communion party (cake), wedding shower (cake), birthday party (cake), and bunco (cake) to contend with this week and very little exercise so I am too afraid to weigh in at WW---I lost all control but I'll try to get w/ the program this week! :mad:

fakereadhed
04-21-2008, 08:25 AM
OMG!!! We lost a small child! Quick, everybody help me look!

(Oh, never mind...there it is, firmly attached to my backside)

Thanks for the laugh! :rotfl2: I've got one on my backside too- maybe they're twins? :confused3

I'm down 2# this week. I really need to step up the toning exercises or my stomach is going to end up looking like Kate's(Jon & Kate Plus 8) pre-tummy tuck. :rolleyes1 I am a really bad exerciser but I am going to try for four times this week. I have exactly 1.5 hours during the day(Mon.-Thurs.) that I'm free from kids to get other things done, but I'm going to spend it this week getting in shape.

happy2go2wdwmom
04-21-2008, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the laugh! :rotfl2: I've got one on my backside too- maybe they're twins? :confused3

I'm down 2# this week. I really need to step up the toning exercises or my stomach is going to end up looking like Kate's(Jon & Kate Plus 8) pre-tummy tuck. :rolleyes1 I am a really bad exerciser but I am going to try for four times this week. I have exactly 1.5 hours during the day(Mon.-Thurs.) that I'm free from kids to get other things done, but I'm going to spend it this week getting in shape.

Maybe we can count Ursula's posts as tummy toners---they always give me belly laughs!!:yay:

fakereadhed
04-21-2008, 08:33 AM
Maybe we can count Ursula's posts as tummy toners---they always give me belly laughs!!:yay:

ITA! :thumbsup2

scarlett873
04-21-2008, 08:34 AM
On my list of things to do this week is to clean up the loft area. Currently we use this as an office area, but our treadmill and exercise bike is up there too. I want to turn it into the office/workout sanctuary. There's a tv and dvd player in there so that I can do any of my dvd workouts. Maybe if I have a nice organized area for working out, i'll be much more inclined to do so! :)

I've decided that my weigh in day will be Friday. Mondays are just bad...especially if i'm coming off of a bad weekend, as was this weekend...again...lol...I weighed myself last week and know what my starting weight is. :scared: I'm looking forward to bringing that number down!

Keep up the good work!!

IWISHFORDISNEY
04-21-2008, 08:56 AM
That puts me at a total of down 5pounds since we started. Amazing. My weigh in day is off by ww but I am sticking to my start weight on my scale for this. I love having this thread. Everyone cracks me up and reminds me I am not alone in this struggle. I really just want to be under 200 before I go to Disney in November. That may sound bad to alot of people but I am tall and dont look *to* bad at 190. That was my pre-baby weight. My pre quit smoking weight was 168 and I was lifetime at ww. My overall goal is 170. I didnt have the nerve to post that last week but it needs to be put down on paper so I realize what I am trying to acheive. Thanks again everyone for the support and listening to me. For the first time in a long time I feel like I am in control of the ship. LOL.

BRobson
04-21-2008, 08:57 AM
Okay I am getting a little confused at how all of this is working. The weight lost last week is posted, but how about for this week? Or are we using the same thread??

Are we doing groups? I want to be a part of this but feel a little out of the know...and goodness knows I need all the support I can get!!

This week DH and I are starting back on the treadmill TODAY as I just discovered that I have gained back all but two pounds of the 13 I lost before Christmas :sad2:

At the moment I am starting a new thread each Monday where you post your weight loss when you weigh in . The thread runs for a week where we can all help each other. Each week I will post our weight loss for the last week :)
We are one big group who are very good at supporting each other :hug:

wildeoscar
04-21-2008, 08:57 AM
hm, so is that why my inner child is gaining weight.

IWISHFORDISNEY
04-21-2008, 09:05 AM

You girls crack me up. :rotfl2: I think I have the triplet to your twins on my butt. Hopefully I can loose a kid myself.

happy2go2wdwmom
04-21-2008, 09:14 AM
hm, so is that why my inner child is gaining weight.

Just pictured that Orlando commercial where the adults become kids again---but I see WO's inner child eating Dole Whip floats and getting crowbarred out of IASWAA.
:confused3

TXYankee
04-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Lets see, If we have lost a small child, does that mean we can rent one less stroller?

calypso*a*go-go
04-21-2008, 09:42 AM
My weight stayed the same this week (darn it!)...but I'm not surprised as I had a pretty decent loss last week -- I'm at the point where I will take anything I can get now! And sadly, I still haven't hit the 50lb mark, grrrr.

Good luck to everybody this week. :thumbsup2

Jonereno
04-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Just to make sure that someone's tracking me...

I couldn't weigh in last week - I was in Virginia for business. I did weigh in over the weekend, though... and am down 5 lbs for the first two weeks.

My travels continue. I'm writing this in my hotel room just 6 miles away from Disneyland. Unfortunately, I'm here for business for the next couple of days, and won't be able to break away to get to either park. I may be able to make quick run to Downtown Disney tomorrow night.:thumbsup2

O2BNWDW
04-21-2008, 10:47 AM
At the moment I am starting a new thread each Monday where you post your weight loss when you weigh in . The thread runs for a week where we can all help each other. Each week I will post our weight loss for the last week :)
We are one big group who are very good at supporting each other :hug:

I'll be included in that count next week!!! Maybe we can make a teenager!

halliesmommy01
04-21-2008, 10:55 AM
I was very good and went to the gym 3 times this week. I went dancing Saturday night. I did not eat as well as I could have this weekend but This week I lost 3 lbs. I am going to the gym tonight as well.

Keep up the great work. It sounds like we are all sticking to it. Thank you guys for keeping me on track.

Becky

ADP
04-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Not only have I been fortunate enough to maintain my weight this week I've managed to lose 1.5 pounds. It's been a pretty busy week and I've been able to maintain my eating and exercising routine. I've been able to fill my time with things to do to keep my mind off of eating.

Quote of the Week:
Before eating something you don't need, tell yourself "I don't need that I already know what it tastes like". :)

aGoofyMom
04-21-2008, 01:16 PM
But I didn't gain anything either.

Quote of the Week:
Before eating something you don't need tell yourself "I don't need that I already know what it tastes like". :)

I like this quote. I think I will try this. I am getting in a good amount of exercise. I managed to get in a 45 min DVD workout in 4 times this week plus my dance class (3 hours but really repetitive)

Last week I was busy, and we celebrated Public Safety Telecomunicators' Week by going out for dinner. I had the entree salad but I think the slushy "twisted rockets" weren't the most ahem lightweight choices. :rolleyes:

Last night when I wanted cake soooo much I could almost taste it...(darn food network!) I popped in the workout DVD instead. (There was no cake in the house)

This week should be better - busy in a way that is not as close to food. Or Twisted Rockets. ;)

fakereadhed
04-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Quote of the Week:
Before eating something you don't need tell yourself "I don't need that I already know what it tastes like". :)

How many calories if I just lick it to make sure my memory is correct?

I was thinking of the brownies on the counter, but the kids already ate them anyway. (sigh) At least they are helping me out by eating all the good stuff before it tempts me.

Pinky166
04-21-2008, 01:48 PM
WOW! I can't believe we all lost that amount in one week! :banana: :banana: :banana: Well done everyone we all deserve a nice bar of choco...errr I mean bowl of salad to celebrate! :rolleyes1

Keep up the good work....I'll post my result after my weigh in on weds.

daneenm
04-21-2008, 02:38 PM
OK, 1.6 seems to be my magic number.

Down 1.6 this week, which means 3.2 total. I guess I will have to be satisfied with slow and steady :)

--Daneen

calypso*a*go-go
04-21-2008, 07:21 PM
I was thinking of the brownies on the counter, but the kids already ate them anyway. (sigh) At least they are helping me out by eating all the good stuff before it tempts me.

Brownies don't have to be a no-no...just use EggBeaters (or similar) and applesauce instead of whole eggs and oil. It's the only way I make them now. :thumbsup2

fakereadhed
04-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Brownies don't have to be a no-no...just use EggBeaters (or similar) and applesauce instead of whole eggs and oil. It's the only way I make them now. :thumbsup2

Is that for a mix? I really need the recipe for making them by scratch with substitutions. I don't use any oil- wait, maybe that's what the whole stick of butter is? :confused: How much applesauce? Any way to reduce the entire cup of sugar I'm dumping in there? Please help so I don't have to make these anymore and not taste them. :scared:

calypso*a*go-go
04-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Is that for a mix? I really need the recipe for making them by scratch with substitutions. I don't use any oil- wait, maybe that's what the whole stick of butter is? :confused: How much applesauce? Any way to reduce the entire cup of sugar I'm dumping in there? Please help so I don't have to make these anymore and not taste them. :scared:

Sorry...I only use the pre-made mixes (and with my cooking skills -- even that is a stretch!). As far as substituting applesauce, I usually put in the same amount of oil/butter the recipe (mix) calls for. I'm sure there's a more exact way to do it, but I've never bothered to find out what it is.

Anyone else out there that can help us?

Tonya2426
04-21-2008, 08:39 PM
If you need a chocolate fix, try the Weight Watchers Giant Fudge Bars. They are only 1 point (110 calories and somehow or another 5 grams of fiber - who knew?) and really satisfy my need for chocolate ice cream. It's not a Mickey Bar :mickeybar but I am guessing that a Mickey Bar is WAY more than 110 calories. :laughing:

maiziezoe
04-21-2008, 11:32 PM
I lost 5 pounds last week. I'm down 7 total.

Unfortunately, I lost my weight by not eating. I spent 3 days in the hospital with my 14 month old daughter. I was too nervous and stressed to think about eating.

It's a new week and my sweet baby is feeling better. I'm not going to try to lose this week... instead I am going to keep off the weight I lost.

Good job to everyone else! :thumbsup2

donaldndaisy
04-21-2008, 11:57 PM
I have been struggling with my last 6 pounds to WOnDeRland:yay: I will get there, this week. I weigh-in, again, next Monday. I've been doing spin class, aqua-aerobics, aquafit, weight machines and treadmill, at the gym. It's working great, but I've hit a plateau. It seems I need to increase my protein, again. Every time I increase, I lose a ton of weight. I've lost 30 lbs., since January, doing this. So, here goes :)

It sounds like you are all doing great!! Good Luck to everyone!!! :thumbsup2

Hoping for good luck this week....I've lost 30 lbs. and this is the 30th post on this thread!! I know, I know...I'm a bit goofy, but this gives me hope the plateau will break :)

daneenm
04-22-2008, 12:14 AM
[FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I lost 5 pounds last week. I'm down 7 total.

Unfortunately, I lost my weight by not eating. I spent 3 days in the hospital with my 14 month old daughter.

Gosh, so sorry to hear that! I know exactly what you mean. We have had 4 hospital stays over the years with DS (all for different things) and each time I am too nervous to eat. Glad she is feeling better!

--Daneen

sailors_wfe
04-22-2008, 05:37 AM
Wow.. everyone is doing great:banana: I can't believe we've lost a small child around here somewhere :cool1: and all the losses for this week are great. I got all excited last Tuesday when I weighted myself and saw 160.5 but that was just a teaser or somethign because I haven't seen more then another .5 pound loss the rest of the week.. so I'm going to report loosing a 1/2 pound... but hey, it's not gaining, and it's headed in the right direction. I managed to pass on eating bad twice this weekend and again at a party last night I didn't touch the cake... I did work out 5 days last week, gave a half hearted attempt to running in the rain yesterday but I've decided today that I'm going to go to the gym the rest of the week to get in my exercise. I need to get back into kickboxing. I've gotta get it in gear.. only 12 more days until Disney and 2.5 pounds to loose. I know it's possible, but grrr, i'm sick of seeing the same #'s on the scale. This is about the time I start giving into temptation.:scared:

wildeoscar
04-22-2008, 08:00 AM
so are we setting weekly exercise goals? I walk the dogs about three or four times a week, or whenever the bossy one sits and barks at me till I get her leash. Shall we set a goal of say, three days this week walk for a while? And keep in mind, I might be stalking you... so you may start walking and notice me chasing you.

FamilyMcCord
04-22-2008, 08:19 AM
Ok what do we need to do to get started in this. I am not exteremely big but big for my height. I have the beginning stages of heart disease and the doctor said I have to get some of this weight off. I can't seem to do it by myself and I can't afford Jenny Craig because I use the money for my disney trips. I have to get this weight off somehow. I am 4'11 and I weigh 165lbs. I want to get down to about 135ish. That is my pre-baby weight for my second child and I felt real good at that weight. So how do I get on board. I need all the help I can get.

wildeoscar
04-22-2008, 08:26 AM
there is this puppet I can chase you with... it is a really scary puppet!

I am getting started by moving more... walking the dogs. In the morning, in the evening, walk as far as ya can... then check back in here and report on progress.

fakereadhed
04-22-2008, 08:38 AM
So how do I get on board. I need all the help I can get.

I am eating a light breakfast(1/2 small bagel with 1oz cheese or cereal w/1/2c soy milk), Lean Cuisine type lunch(under 300cal), veggies for snacks, 1 piece of fruit, and smaller portions of what I'd usually cook for dinner for the family. I'm also only having cream in my coffee for the first cup only and drinking more water-with Crystal Light. I am trying to park my car further and walk more, and this week my goal is toning exercises 4x/wk. So far, it hasn't killed me and I'm not as hungry this week(or grumpy) as last week.

IWISHFORDISNEY
04-22-2008, 09:08 AM
so are we setting weekly exercise goals? I walk the dogs about three or four times a week, or whenever the bossy one sits and barks at me till I get her leash. Shall we set a goal of say, three days this week walk for a while? And keep in mind, I might be stalking you... so you may start walking and notice me chasing you.

I think this is a great idea because I hate to exercise. I have managed to walk every day for 30 min but this would keep me motivated. I cant think of any really cool ideas for exercise challange other than 30min=1 pt. Every person keeps track of their points for the week. We report our points with our loss and someone is the winner for the week. I will most likely never win this but it might be a fun idea. And keep us motivated to try and win.

calypso*a*go-go
04-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Let's talk about rewards here -- I remember in the past when I would lose weight I would always tell myself..."okay, as soon as I drop 10lbs. I'm going to get a hot fudge sundae". I have stopped doing this as I know my love of food is the reason I was overweight to start with. So now I reward myself with non-food items. Maybe some new clothing, or similar. One of my "splurges" for our upcoming trip to WDW in August was to get in on one of the Photopass Shares. It won't cost much, but it's something we've never done before that I've always wanted to. Do you know how many years of WDW memories I have that look like my DH is a single dad because I was always embarrassed to be in front of the camera? Well...that's about to change!

Keep up the good work everyone!!! :thumbsup2

wildeoscar
04-22-2008, 09:37 AM
hm, could we come up with distances relative to being in the parks, like a lap around world showcase? or from maingate of MK to toon town? or the walk from DHS to International Gateway? Or the distance of Pete's restraining order for his stalker(S)?

calypso*a*go-go
04-22-2008, 09:58 AM
Aaron was wearing a pedometer during his recent visit -- I wonder if he kept track of any specific distances? Calling ADP, come in please...

Tonya2426
04-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Well, I didn't lose any weight this week but I didn't gain any either - which is amazing because I gave in an ate like I was a piggy over the weekend. :sad2: I am hoping for the best for next weeks weigh in but nobody hold their breath because I leave tomorrow for WDW and I am sure there will be Figaro fries and french pastries involved - but at least I will be walking lots. :thumbsup2

calypso*a*go-go
04-22-2008, 10:36 AM
I am hoping for the best for next weeks weigh in but nobody hold their breath because I leave tomorrow for WDW and I am sure there will be Figaro fries and french pastries involved - but at least I will be walking lots. :thumbsup2

Are you going with someone you can share with? That's what I did on our visit in February...I ordered Figaro Fries, School Bread, and one of the chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches then split them w/DH. That way I didn't feel deprived, but also removed much of the "guilt factor" by only eating half.

ADP
04-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Aaron was wearing a pedometer during his recent visit -- I wonder if he kept track of any specific distances? Calling ADP, come in please...

Roger that...Over! :)
The distance around World Shocase is just over 1 mile, like 1.06 miles.
The distance from the bus depot to the turnstiles at the MK is .19 miles depending on your bus stop.
The distance of the walking path from SSR's Carriage House to Downtown Disney's Marketplace is .95 miles.

Those distances are the only ones I tracked during our trip because I was really inquisitive as to how far they really were.

Tonya2426
04-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Are you going with someone you can share with? That's what I did on our visit in February...I ordered Figaro Fries, School Bread, and one of the chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches then split them w/DH. That way I didn't feel deprived, but also removed much of the "guilt factor" by only eating half.

Yep, going with my Mom and we are big food sharers. And sharing helps but Mom better not think she is getting any of my Mickey bar darn it!!! :rotfl2: (Besides has anyone every successfully split a Mickey bar? :confused3 I always end up with all the chocolate on my shirt anyways. That should save some calories. Thank heaven for Tide To Go sticks.)

calypso*a*go-go
04-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Roger that...Over! :)
The distance around World Shocase is just over 1 mile, like 1.06 miles.
The distance from the bus depot to the turnstiles at the MK is .19 miles depending on your bus stop.
The distance of the walking path from SSR's Carriage House to Downtown Disney's Marketplace is .95 miles.

Those distances are the only ones I tracked during our trip because I was really inquisitive as to how far they really were.

I had a feeling you'd be able to help us!

I have to say, I'm a bit surprised that the distance around the WS is only a mile...it seems so much more than that when you're walking thru it. I guess it's because you usually start and stop so many times.

Thanks for posting the info!

calypso*a*go-go
04-22-2008, 10:59 AM
I always end up with all the chocolate on my shirt anyways. That should save some calories.

All right girl -- you're going to be in *big* trouble if we catch you sucking the chocolate off your shirt! :teeth:

spaddy
04-22-2008, 11:45 AM
I think I need to just track my exercise for now because I am not losing any weigh. I burned 1,971 calories last week.

This program is great for finding distances. http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/
It would also work in your own neighborhood if you wanted to see exactly how far you are walking. I did the World Showcase and it seems to be accurate.

kgibbler20
04-22-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm up 1.4 this week. I was down come the weekend and I guess the wings and margaritas didn't help. Well it's time to get on track and focus, focus, focus.

Tonya2426
04-22-2008, 02:42 PM
All right girl -- you're going to be in *big* trouble if we catch you sucking the chocolate off your shirt! :teeth:

Hmmmmmm, I guess I will have to remember to eat my Mickey bar in a secluded area so the shirt sucking police don't catch me. :rotfl2: On second thought, maybe I will just have to eat more carefully. :lmao:

aGoofyMom
04-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Ok I managed to walk through the bakery section of the grocery store and only get the whole wheat flax seed tortillas I needed for my lunches this week. (I could hear the mini scones with toffee bits & icing calling out but I kept going.)
AND I ordered one of the low fat subs for dinner instead of my favourite meatfest type one. (DH is my delivery service ;) ). I am determined to eat better this week! I have organic greens and left over lean roast beef to make my wraps.
I have less than 2 weeks before my next trip. Since I added some pink to my hair this week people may actually notice me so I had better get it in gear!

IWISHFORDISNEY
04-22-2008, 05:38 PM
Just had 2 great ww recipes for dinner and thought I would share:

1st was our "fancy" fish:
4 scallops,, 1 lobster tail cut in 4, 4 jumbo shirmp. Sautee until cooked with 1tsp extra virgin olive oil and seafood seasoning. Set aside.

8 oz of crab meat mixed with 1/4 c whole wheat bread crumbs and 1 egg mix and set aside.
4 pieces of white fish 4oz each ( I used tilapia) but flounder or orange roughy would have worked well too.

place 4 pieces of fish in dish. Place 1 shrimp, 1 piece of lobster, 1 scallop on each slice. Cover with crab mixture. Spray with butter spray and sprinkel tiny amount (pinch) old bay on top. Bake 40 min or until crab is golden brown.

Each one counts as 6 points. They were fantastic. My son even ate one up. I tried them out before mothers day so I didnt serve a lousy meal. LOL.

The other was the fruit kabobs. Which is 1 large pinapple cored/peeled and cut into 4. Grill on each side just long enough to make softer. 1 16oz container of strawberries. WW cakes cut into 3 pices per cake. Skor the pinapple, strawberries and cut up cake. Serve with keylime yogurt mixed with ff coolwhip for dipping sauce. They were fantastic. 3 points each.

So there is my way to long post about me finally stepping out of the box and trying something new. Hope you like it.

happy2go2wdwmom
04-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Oooh I could mulitquote all of these posts! The one point giant WW icecream bars really are so good and the 2 point ones w/ the choc. cookie coating are as good as any non-diet type, too, IMHO.

The distance relative to WDW is a great idea and the WW fish recipe sounds soo great---a MUST try. THANKS!
:thumbsup2

Northern_Julie
04-23-2008, 09:49 AM
I stayed the same this week. I am going to keep positive. Last time I lost serious weight there was a pattern that I would stay the same a few weeks and then loose. I know I have been doing good so I am not letting a number get me down. I feel healthier and have a little more energy (and not from sugar or caffine)

calypso*a*go-go
04-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Hmmmmmm, I guess I will have to remember to eat my Mickey bar in a secluded area so the shirt sucking police don't catch me.

Okay...where's the Tag Fairy when you need her/him?

Tonya2426
04-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Okay...where's the Tag Fairy when you need her/him?

:laughing: not sure I want my first tag to be about shirt sucking. :rotfl2: Guess I need to be more careful about posting my bad habits. Let's just hope the Tag Fairy isn't a chubby fairy and isn't keeping up with the Wonders.

BRobson
04-23-2008, 11:03 AM
:laughing: not sure I want my first tag to be about shirt sucking. :rotfl2: Guess I need to be more careful about posting my bad habits. Let's just hope the Tag Fairy isn't a chubby fairy and isn't keeping up with the Wonders.

Then she would be Wonder Fairy - the Dis Boards superhero :)

I cant get the picture of a little chubby fairy eating bursting out of her costume :rotfl:

Tonya2426
04-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Then she would be Wonder Fairy - the Dis Boards superhero :)

I cant get the picture of a little chubby fairy eating bursting out of her costume :rotfl:

I think we need a graphic of a chubby little fairy eating carrots and she will shrink as the year goes on. :rotfl: She can be known as "The Shrinking Wonder Fairy". :worship:

BRobson
04-23-2008, 11:53 AM
I think we need a graphic of a chubby little fairy eating carrots and she will shrink as the year goes on. :rotfl: She can be known as "The Shrinking Wonder Fairy". :worship:
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o140/JackieRobson/FriendshipCard-FatFairy-Thumbnail.jpg

What about her:goodvibes although be warned if you are going to put Fat Fairy into google -:flower3: :flower3:

happy2go2wdwmom
04-23-2008, 09:31 PM
:cool1: WW weigh in result from today: Down .6 of a pound!! Total loss= 8.6 lbs. I'll take it after all of the cake I had this past week. Also, went to hip hop and walked, too. I have a beach wedding to go to in 2 weeks, so I need to get into SHAPE!

hanco005
04-23-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm a little late in joining all of you, but I am down 3 lbs this week. I actually started running regularly thanks to my wife giving me a Nike + Ipod sport kit. I love it! It motivates me more than anything else has in the past. It also works great for walks.

Congrats to all the "losers" this week!

happy2go2wdwmom
04-23-2008, 11:41 PM
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o140/JackieRobson/FriendshipCard-FatFairy-Thumbnail.jpg

What about her:goodvibes although be warned if you are going to put Fat Fairy into google -:flower3: :flower3:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

calypso*a*go-go
04-24-2008, 08:38 PM
How's everybody doing today?

I was pretty good except for a quick binge on Stacey's Pita Chips. As I mentioned before -- I am a total carboholic and all it took was seeing DD eating them after school. Thank goodness I stopped before I managed to do too much damage (but boy, am I going to have to walk some extra miles tomorrow to make up for it!). Was it worth it...probably not, but can't let it get me discouraged!!!

wildeoscar
04-24-2008, 08:53 PM
I spent the day at ikea, pulling together parts from all over the store, to try to make a shelf like thing, with drawers and stuff... and the server was um, lacking. Which in a way was a good thing, because I probably ended up walking 4 miles, going back and forth from one end of the store to the other trying to find some things... because i was getting the wrong answers from the folks that work there. If you would like to recreate this, ask for the location of the Rill (Swedish for wheel) and see how many answers you get, that are different departments.

To top that all off, all I grabbed was my check book and they don't take checks. So I left a cart piled 4 ft tall with parts to the shelf thing, drawers, and doors and stuff and just walked out, ya know if they don't want my money I can shop elsewhere, and I still got some exercise.

fakereadhed
04-24-2008, 09:06 PM
I spent the day at ikea, pulling together parts from all over the store, to try to make a shelf like thing, with drawers and stuff... and the server was um, lacking. Which in a way was a good thing, because I probably ended up walking 4 miles, going back and forth from one end of the store to the other trying to find some things... because i was getting the wrong answers from the folks that work there.

That's it!!! :idea: My new exercise plan: IKEA. I'll just spend time in the rat maze on the first floor so I can stay away from the meatballs. It will take me at least an hour of walking to find my way out. Thanks for the inspiration!

aGoofyMom
04-24-2008, 09:13 PM
It has been an interesting week for me so far. I cut my finger on a food processor blade (made pickles first though!) then I hurt my ankle tripping over an appliance that had been moved to make way for the new hot water tank. (hmmmm bad time for water heaters?) The ankle injury happened right before dance class so instead of shimmy & undulate I was icing & resting.

I was able to work out today though, (making up for the smallest scoop of ice cream ever to be doled out without benefit of a melon baller) and I ran through 2 of my dances too.

I had better not let DH know about the Ikea workout plan...that would be too costly for us - and I shop for food at Ikea too. (Swedish Mom - I grew up on homemade versions of all of the cookies there)

happy2go2wdwmom
04-25-2008, 07:30 AM
I spent the day at ikea, pulling together parts from all over the store, to try to make a shelf like thing, with drawers and stuff... and the server was um, lacking. Which in a way was a good thing, because I probably ended up walking 4 miles, going back and forth from one end of the store to the other trying to find some things... because i was getting the wrong answers from the folks that work there. If you would like to recreate this, ask for the location of the Rill (Swedish for wheel) and see how many answers you get, that are different departments.

To top that all off, all I grabbed was my check book and they don't take checks. So I left a cart piled 4 ft tall with parts to the shelf thing, drawers, and doors and stuff and just walked out, ya know if they don't want my money I can shop elsewhere, and I still got some exercise.

I fear you are building some sort of life-size "doll house" for your podcaster friends.:scared1:
Have a good weekend everyone. It's really nice out here in Virginia Beach, so I may take DS to Bush Gardens this afternoon as a good grades reward.
No churros for me! No churros for me! No churros for me!

scarlett873
04-25-2008, 08:29 AM
Another week of just trying to watch what I eat. Nothing terribly exciting...i'm in my last full week of school before finals and I will be so happy once these stupid classes are behind me! Then I will have the summer to get myself moving and exercising and eating better! :) An established routine is much easier to fit into a busy schedule once the Fall semester starts!

The weather here has been odd. This week is absolutely beautiful! Temps in the 70's and we even broke into the 80's one day! Next week is supposed to be cold again. grrrrr...makes walking difficult. I don't like to walk when it's cold outside :(

Unfortunately, we've lost a sales person at my office so my lunch hours are abbreviated. We moved into this building last year and there's a really nice walking path that circles the complex. I would love to be able to take walks during my lunch hour, but when I have no one to cover my lunch hour, I can't just get up and leave. Hopefully we will hire someone soon! I want my regular lunch hours back!

Didn't really lose anything, but I didn't gain anything either! So I guess that's a good thing! :)

IWISHFORDISNEY
04-25-2008, 09:03 AM
Just checking in. I had a "treat" day and had a home made cheeseburger on the grill. Yumm. So I used up alot of my extra ww points but it was good. I had to work some overtime so exercise has been slacking. I hope to stay the same with all that going on this week. Maybe I will get lucky and still see a loss. My mindset has changed and that is a huge part of my battle.

dpuck1998
04-25-2008, 09:14 AM
Wish me luck...today is my weigh in for our Biggest Loser contest. I'm hoping for 4 pound loss :-)

IWISHFORDISNEY
04-25-2008, 10:06 AM
Wish me luck...today is my weigh in for our Biggest Loser contest. I'm hoping for 4 pound loss :-)

Holy crap that is awesome. Good Luck!!!:thumbsup2

BRobson
04-25-2008, 10:15 AM

Good Luck :thumbsup2

calypso*a*go-go
04-25-2008, 11:34 AM

Fingers crossed!

Pinky166
04-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Just thought I'd better check in and let you know that I missed my weigh in this week as I have not been well. :sick:

Oh well....hopefully I'll have an even bigger loss to report next week!

Well done everyone....keep at it!

Cyrano
04-25-2008, 02:33 PM

It looks like I have eaten them ;)
Will hopefully be able to release him/her once I master the Wii Fit :thumbsup2

dpuck1998
04-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Good news is I lost...bad news it wasn't the 4 I was hoping. I was only down 1 (actually 1 1/2 but whos counting). I'll take it though. Keep the steady pounds coming off and I'll be happy.

calypso*a*go-go
04-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Good news is I lost...bad news it wasn't the 4 I was hoping. I was only down 1 (actually 1 1/2 but whos counting). I'll take it though. Keep the steady pounds coming off and I'll be happy.

*Down* is always a step in the right direction -- good going!!! :cool1:

IWISHFORDISNEY
04-25-2008, 04:36 PM

Good job!!! 1 1/2 is awesome for a week.

Cyrano
04-25-2008, 05:58 PM

Going in the right direction :goodvibes :thumbsup2

hayanyujah847
04-26-2008, 06:22 PM
Hey everyone! I'm a late joiner on this thread (steered this way by calypso). This is my first official week of working out & eating right so I will post my weight loss for the week on the new thread. :)

calypso*a*go-go
04-26-2008, 06:38 PM
Hey everyone! I'm a late joiner on this thread (steered this way by calypso). This is my first official week of working out & eating right so I will post my weight loss for the week on the new thread. :)

Good Luck! :goodvibes

IWISHFORDISNEY
04-26-2008, 06:59 PM

Welcome!!

chirurgeon
04-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Here is my weekly weigh in. Another 1.8 lbs. lost. I am at a total of 7.8 after 2 weeks. 1.8 is a realistic weekly number, but don't we all wish we could lose 6 lbs. every week? :)

Kim

sandyh67
04-26-2008, 10:20 PM
A little late, but would like to join all of you! I restarted WW two weeks ago, and began the couch to 5K running program at the same time (I have never been a runner- but am liking it so far!)
I lost 3# last week- Yea!

My favorite tips and tricks that keep me going:

Breakfast I have activa light- vanilla put it in a bowl and pour 1/2 cup of fiber one honey clusters cereal on top- very good and just one point, as the fiber one is 0!

for lunch my fav is 2 light wheat english muffins (and can some one tell me why these are 1pt each but when you have two ww online says they are 3.5 pts together???:mad: ) I toast them to crisp them up, then top each half with salsa, a little bit of 2% cheddar and pop them under the broiler- they are Yummy!

My fav little treat are the hostess 100cal packs of chocolate cupcakes- just one point and completely satisfying!

enough for now- have to try the fancy fish- sounds great!

chirurgeon
04-27-2008, 08:49 AM
Sandy, welcome and good work. Jackie starts a new thread every Monday morning for us to post our weekly results. I had heard about the C25K program. How does it work? I do go to a gym most every work day and work with weight machines and do variety of cardio machines. I'm not sure I should even be running at my current weight. My knees aren't as young as they used to be. Neither is the rest of me. I am trying to keep the cardio low impact.

Kim

BRobson
04-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Welcome Sandy and Sarah :thumbsup2

How is everone going today - weekends are my downfall,trying so hard to be good but sometimes a girl just needs chocolate ;) Have resisted so far so hopefully I wont cross to the dark side :)

Madi100
04-27-2008, 09:54 AM
I think I need to stay away from the scale. Still no pop and working out every day, but nothing lower on the scale. Maybe next week :(

RutgersAlum
04-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Hi, Sandy & Chirugeon, just wanted to pop in and say I completed C25K two years ago and it pretty much changed my life. I became a "runner" (albeit the slowest one out there). When I started I couldn't go for more than 60 seconds without needing to walk. About 10 months later I finished (slowly) a half marathon. Fell out of running a bit in the last few months due to, well, life, but I am pretty much starting out again.

Here (http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml) is the link if anyone wants to check it out.

So my point--you will love C25K, you will be so proud of what you can accomplish that you never knew! :thumbsup2

sandyh67
04-27-2008, 11:59 PM
Sandy, welcome and good work. Jackie starts a new thread every Monday morning for us to post our weekly results. I had heard about the C25K program. How does it work? I do go to a gym most every work day and work with weight machines and do variety of cardio machines. I'm not sure I should even be running at my current weight. My knees aren't as young as they used to be. Neither is the rest of me. I am trying to keep the cardio low impact.

Kim

Hi Kim- I am loving the C25K program, it is a walk/run program to get you used to running, the first week is just 60 sec running to 90 sec walking- 10 repititions and it builds from there each week. I also downloaded podcasts created by a man who followed the program, and I think this really helps. He has music, but lets you know when to walk and run and gives some encouragement along the way:cheer2: I am all about the encouragement :goodvibes
Anyway, thanks for the welcome! Looks like I lost another 2 lbs this week- hooray :yay:

Madi100
04-28-2008, 06:52 AM
Hi Kim- I am loving the C25K program, it is a walk/run program to get you used to running, the first week is just 60 sec running to 90 sec walking- 10 repititions and it builds from there each week. I also downloaded podcasts created by a man who followed the program, and I think this really helps. He has music, but lets you know when to walk and run and gives some encouragement along the way:cheer2: I am all about the encouragement :goodvibes
Anyway, thanks for the welcome! Looks like I lost another 2 lbs this week- hooray :yay:

I am going to try the c25k program. What podcasts do you listen to?

sailors_wfe
04-28-2008, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the podcast tip:worship: I've been following the C25K since March (I've been trying to do 3 miles 5 days a week so i follow the program for the first 30 mins and walk the rest) and I use the Nike + with my nano, but I hate having to constantly check to see where I'm at. I'm only on week 5 (I'm a SLOW runner) so this is perfect for me... I love the C25K program.. and it's really so easy that anybody can do it.... I can't believe that by this time next week I'll be running 20 minutes straight :banana: and the best part about that... I'll be running in Disney World LOL (I always thought the people that get up and run when they are on vacation are crazy:rolleyes1 now i'm planning on doing exactly that during our trip :rotfl2: ).. I'm trying to gear up for the 5k run in Jan at The World.. but I need to find some races around here that are sooner for me to run in. Good luck everyone with the C25k program.. it really is the best.

sandyh67
04-28-2008, 09:48 AM
I am going to try the c25k program. What podcasts do you listen to?

http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/
Here is the link to the podcast for the C25K program- off in a few minutes to go running, as the rain has stopped- a very dreary cold day in upstate NY YUK How I wish I were in WDW right now!

Madi100
04-28-2008, 11:25 AM
http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/
Here is the link to the podcast for the C25K program- off in a few minutes to go running, as the rain has stopped- a very dreary cold day in upstate NY YUK How I wish I were in WDW right now!

Thanks. I haven't been on a treadmill in probably 4 years. I starts this morning, and it was the fastest 20 minutes of my life with the intervals. However, by the end it was kicking my butt. Why? Because my backside tends to be on the large size. I'm thinking of getting it a sport's bra or something.

Madi100
04-28-2008, 11:28 AM
I got on the scale this morning, and I have FINALLY lost something. It's not much, but at least I'm losing. I've lost 1.1 pounds.

dpuck1998
05-05-2008, 07:41 AM
I forgot to post on Friday after my weigh in. I lost 3 lbs this week :-) I'm right at 200 knocking on the door of being under finally!! Hopefully this week goes well. I went to see Ironman on Friday and ate a lot of popcorn!! whoops.

RutgersAlum
05-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Can I join you guys? Had a sick/busy winter, lost my mom in February (breast cancer:mad:), kind of fell of the physical fitness wagon. Before last winter I had beein doing probably 10-15 miles/week. Need a kick in the pants, because, well, the pants are getting a little tight on me :scared1:

My 6 yo son & I jogged today 1.67 miles (I used to do 3 no problem), I also got out last week and jogged probably a mile. I am back to the beginning, running 60 seconds, walking 30. Before Christmas, I had been running 10 minutes, walking 1 minute, I want to get back there.

Best of luck to all of you in your fitness/WL goals.