PDA

View Full Version : Winner announced! Build a ride competition!

Goofy05
04-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Ahoy, my fellow Dis pirates! Aarrr! I am issuing a challenge to ALL DISers to build a 3 to 6 room ride. Use some of those pretty credits you've all won playing those quests! You can build any type of ride you wish, using any items in the game. Anything goes! What will you be playing for? Aaah...let's see what Miss Mims has in her inventory worthy of such an event...how about a BETA Green Rocket! Yeah, technically not true beta, but still a pretty good item, no?
Okay, rules! Not many rules this time. I only ask that everyone who enters has been with the Dis for at least a month and gives me a teleporter to the start room of their rides. Pretty simple, eh? Good. There will be other prizes, if you wish them. I can offer prize packages similar to my Dis Kids contest, but the top prize will still be the green rocket.
So, post your Dis name in this thread and build a ride to be completed by next Sunday, close of vmk. Yes! Only a week! Can you do it? Yes! Let's all make this month the best month ever!

BlueSneakerGal
04-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Hmmm.... I might just join this!

I did my first room ever today (two rooms with rides) and had a blast! There's no way I could have done it without the uber credit prize! :lmao:

Lemme see if my feeble brain can pull together a third room and I'll let you know! :)

Great idea!

swimmingneno
04-20-2008, 09:57 PM
Ill try!

snshine123
04-20-2008, 10:08 PM
I love this idea! While I can't build anything to save my life I would love to help judge! I just love going in other people's rooms and rides and marvel at all the talent everyone has!

supermonkey
04-20-2008, 10:19 PM
I'll join this sounds fun

Goofy05
04-20-2008, 10:47 PM
woot! I'm glad there is some interest in this! Thanks! I will update the first post within the next day or so.
Awesome!

taz
04-21-2008, 08:50 AM
I could try to join...although i jus t traded 150,000 credits. Heh, I wish VMK would restart the quest

aengus
04-21-2008, 08:55 AM
I am totally in @_@

cant take my credits with me >_<

Belle1997
04-21-2008, 09:35 AM
Ok I am in to one way to get people to my rooms :)

♥DisneyLuver♥
04-21-2008, 09:37 AM
nvm, sorry.dont have the time to do the rooms now

Imagineer_Tech
04-21-2008, 12:44 PM
I'll give it a shot.

Kit-Kat-Bar
04-21-2008, 02:41 PM
I guess I could try :goodvibes

~ Kat

CutieEm
04-21-2008, 04:26 PM
I will give it a shot :)

PhatalFool
04-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Im in. Come get a porter from me ;)

Bee2u
04-21-2008, 06:24 PM
What a cool idea! I've got my ideas for 2 rooms, just need to think of a third.

LuvN~Travel
04-21-2008, 06:55 PM
I've just been working a five room ride. Count me in plz!:) I would love to play.:thumbsup2
Kim

Goofy05
04-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Okay, here are the entrants I have so far:

1. BlueSneakerGal
2. Swimmingneno
3. supermonkey
4. taz
5. aengus
6. Belle1997
7. Imagineer_Tech
8. Kit-Kat-Bar
9. CutieEm
10. PhatalFool
11. Bee2U
12. LuvN~Travel

Half way point! You've all got until Sunday. Woot! Good luck!

Imagineer_Tech
04-23-2008, 10:12 AM
Okay, here are the entrants I have so far:

1. BlueSneakerGal
2. Swimmingneno
3. supermonkey
4. taz
5. aengus
6. Belle1997
7. Imagineer_Tech
8. Kit-Kat-Bar
9. CutieEm
10. PhatalFool
11. Bee2U
12. LuvN~Travel

Half way point! You've all got until Sunday. Woot! Good luck!

I'm already done the judging is sunday right?

Goofy05
04-23-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm already done the judging is sunday right?

I can't say how fast the rides will be judged, I need all of the teleporters first and get all of the judges in to see the rides, but we'll go as quickly as possible!
As soon as your rides are ready, or you have at least the teleporter to your start room, send me a pm with a day and time to meet on vmk to trade that teleporter to me. I'll set up a Dis teleporter lobby. Seems I have a few empty rooms...hehe!

Goofy05
04-24-2008, 11:27 AM
Okay, Peeps! I have extended the deadline for submissions to May 4th. I added this extra week due to all the new quests we've had and all the riding we've been doing for SITS prizes.
If anyone is interested in helping to judge the rides, please send me a pm.
Thanks!

supermonkey
04-24-2008, 05:57 PM
My ride is finish tell me when i can give you my teleporter

GoofyWaterCoaster
04-24-2008, 05:58 PM
I'll do this

Goofy05
04-24-2008, 07:13 PM
My ride is finish tell me when i can give you my teleporter
Just send me a pm when you can be on and we can meet to trade the teleporter.
I'll do this

Cool! :)

swimmingneno
04-24-2008, 07:57 PM
ARG.. I might have to drop out if I cant think of a theme for my ride... Sugestions please.. rofl

BlueSneakerGal
04-24-2008, 08:23 PM
ARG.. I might have to drop out if I cant think of a theme for my ride... Sugestions please.. rofl

Aww, don't worry about a theme! ;) Just buy a bunch of ride pieces and take it from there! I'm greatful for the big credit quests that are allowing me to actually build a room or two!! :) I'm sure many rooms will be better, but building them and having some friends check them out have been a wonderful distraction for me. :hug:

Goofy05
04-24-2008, 08:50 PM

Themes are great, but this is a free-for-all ride, anything goes! Just build what looks good to you and have fun doing it. :) Are you into Pirates? Build a piratey ride, Matey! Like colors? Use as many as you like! Magic? Animals? Oceans? The possibilities are only limited by your imagination...:) Maybe you already have a few rooms built that you want to showcase. That would work as well.

aengus
04-24-2008, 09:16 PM
thanks for extending :) I want to participate but havent had the time to get into gear yet :thumbsup2

swimmingneno
04-25-2008, 12:20 AM
Themes are great, but this is a free-for-all ride, anything goes! Just build what looks good to you and have fun doing it. :) Are you into Pirates? Build a piratey ride, Matey! Like colors? Use as many as you like! Magic? Animals? Oceans? The possibilities are only limited by your imagination...:) Maybe you already have a few rooms built that you want to showcase. That would work as well.

i think ill showcase two of my rooms, then make a completely green room.. Not a winner, but it'll be fun!

Goofy05
04-25-2008, 12:49 AM
i think ill showcase two of my rooms, then make a completely green room.. Not a winner, but it'll be fun!

Having fun is what it's all about. Hey, you never know! It could very well be a winner!

Eeyore's Pal
04-25-2008, 12:42 PM
OK...I'm thinking about trying this. I'm going to see what I can accomplish this weekend :surfweb: and then confirm or back out. :rotfl:

I'm terrified. Is that the right emotion for embarking on this adventure? :scared1:

One more question: When is the deadline? I just want to be sure that we have this weekend, all of next week, and then how long after that before we must be done?

Please remember -- My VMK name is RikiStarlet.

Goofy05
04-25-2008, 12:56 PM
OK...I'm thinking about trying this. I'm going to see what I can accomplish this weekend :surfweb: and then confirm or back out. :rotfl:

I'm terrified. Is that the right emotion for embarking on this adventure? :scared1:

One more question: When is the deadline? I just want to be sure that we have this weekend, all of next week, and then how long after that before we must be done?

Please remember -- My VMK name is RikiStarlet.

I have extended the deadline for submissions to May 4th. Rides completed by May 4th and teleporters in my hub. That gives us time to judge the rides.
Don't fear the build! heh It's a great challenge and I can't wait to see what you all can do in a short time frame. Even I am building a new ride, which should be complete by tomorrow. Then, another ride! Woot!

PizzaCaptain
04-25-2008, 08:30 PM
im in, do we give you a ride start, or post pictures of the room?

Goofy05
04-25-2008, 09:04 PM
im in, do we give you a ride start, or post pictures of the room?

Woot!
Send me a pm as to a day and time to meet in vmk and I'll need a teleporter to your start room. I have three so far, keep building peeps! Woot!

Lady Boadicea
04-25-2008, 09:46 PM
I'd like to join if you are still taking entries.
Lady :)

Neuu
04-26-2008, 12:18 AM
I like to join too :)

Goofy05
04-26-2008, 12:47 AM
Cool! Contest is pretty much open to all DISers, just pm me when you can trade a teleporter to me!
Have fun building!

ecsarabians
04-26-2008, 01:35 AM
Thx PrincessAveri

astrostan
04-26-2008, 12:47 PM
I would love to join. My name is AstroStan. Thanks!!

Goofy05
04-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Awesome! Build, build, build! Woot!

FlyingPegasus
04-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Ok, I will join. I have a new ride ready.

Capt.Walrus
04-27-2008, 09:54 AM
I'm in. My ride is ready. I will be around this afternoon for a porter trade :)

Bee2u
04-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Does the ride have to be continuous all the way through the room? Or can it stop at one point and people walk to the other? Some of my actual rides are short, and I'm afraid the room won't fully load before a person exits if there isn't a break.

Goofy05
04-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Does the ride have to be continuous all the way through the room? Or can it stop at one point and people walk to the other? Some of my actual rides are short, and I'm afraid the room won't fully load before a person exits if there isn't a break.

This is a personal choice....most rides are continuous, but some builders want people to stay in their rooms a while. As long as there is a clear path to the start piece, I would say it's fine to have a break in the ride. :) There is another alternative...I have done this myself. Use start pieces in a row and people will 'walk' through your rooms. It slows everyone down long enough for your room to load, yet doesn't make them have to click anything to continue on your ride. Just an alternative. :)

I have (I think...) seven teleporters already! This is awesome! Keep up the good work, Peeps! Woot!

Hobo Wendy
04-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Sign me up, i'll give it a go. Good luck to all

hobowendy - vmk

Goofy05
04-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Bumping this up! I have 9 teleporters, so far. Keep them coming! I'll accept them through this Sunday and then I will open the teleporter hub so everyone can ride them! Woot!

Goofy05
04-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Bumping this up!

aengus
04-30-2008, 08:16 AM
I finally got going here! Built 2 of my 5 rooms. Just took me forever to figure out what I am doing.

Now that I am off to the races, I just really suggest you all quit. You dont stand a chance!!!

Eeyore's Pal
04-30-2008, 02:34 PM
I am moving along...thanks to the extraordinary generousity of so many DIS pals!

I have one room finished and parts of the other two.

I have a question about linking rooms: Should I leave my first room so that you just walk in and click on the ride start? Or, I could make that room accessible from a teleporter in my Main Street Cafe -- which is not part of the ride.

I'd appreciate any opinions.

Also, a question about the teleporter that Mimi needs to collect for judging: Is the other end of that teleporter supposed to be in my room #1?

Thanks for your help.

Goofy05
04-30-2008, 02:52 PM
I finally got going here! Built 2 of my 5 rooms. Just took me forever to figure out what I am doing.

Now that I am off to the races, I just really suggest you all quit. You dont stand a chance!!!
:scared1:
I am moving along...thanks to the extraordinary generousity of so many DIS pals!

I have one room finished and parts of the other two.

I have a question about linking rooms: Should I leave my first room so that you just walk in and click on the ride start? Or, I could make that room accessible from a teleporter in my Main Street Cafe -- which is not part of the ride.

I'd appreciate any opinions.

Also, a question about the teleporter that Mimi needs to collect for judging: Is the other end of that teleporter supposed to be in my room #1?

Thanks for your help.

You can link your rooms any way you wish. I've done both. :)

Yup! My teleporter should take me into your ride's first room. It doesn't have to connect directly to the ride, just gets me there.

One more note to everyone: Please make sure all of your ride rooms are open to everyone. Can't see them if they're locked. heh

LuvN~Travel
04-30-2008, 09:32 PM

Uh uh, not doing it! I completed mine already, and I've already seen Fly's furry friend in hers. Nope, we are sticking around to make you work real hard!:rotfl:
Kim

Goofy05
05-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Bumping this up! I need those teleporters by close of vmk Sunday.
Thanks!

OneLittleSpark
05-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Suddenly realised, I haven't actually posted up here that I'm entering! Oops! :blush:

So here I go: Hey everyone, I'm entering! :rotfl:

Goofy, I'm just trying to figure out where to put my teleporter, then I'll be getting it's sibling to you ASAP. I may put it in my Treasure Cave, instead of the same room as the ride start, so that things look nicer. :goodvibes

Thank you for organising the competition, it should be good fun!

Aimbier31
05-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Ok well when i was in your room u said i can join so here is my entry luckily i got the perfect idea and i hope u enjoy it :)

Goofy05
05-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Suddenly realised, I haven't actually posted up here that I'm entering! Oops! :blush:

So here I go: Hey everyone, I'm entering! :rotfl:

Goofy, I'm just trying to figure out where to put my teleporter, then I'll be getting it's sibling to you ASAP. I may put it in my Treasure Cave, instead of the same room as the ride start, so that things look nicer. :goodvibes

Thank you for organising the competition, it should be good fun!

Your teleporter is your entry, no need to post. I'll list everyone who has given me their teleporter after close of vmk Sunday, May 4th. The teleporter hub will be open to everyone on Monday, so your friends can enjoy the wonderful rides you've all worked so hard on!
Woot!

Eeyore's Pal
05-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Mimi, I'm confused. :confused:
If I give you a teleporter into the first room is that what goes into the hub room? Because I placed that teleporter in an out of the way spot and it would be inconvenient to get on my ride from there. So do I really need to start that first room from the connection to the hub teleporter? Right now you would just enter that room and then click on the ride to start. The teleporter is way off in another corner out of sight.

Lady Boadicea
05-04-2008, 12:27 AM
Sent you a PM.

Goofy05
05-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Okay! Last day to enter!
Anyone who wants in on this, please send me a pm with a time to meet on vmk to give me a teleporter. PLEASE, when you give me a time, don't pm me saying "I'm on now" because I probably won't get your message until an hour later. Try giving me a time before you'll be on.
Thanks!

Goofy05
05-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Here is a list of those who have entered, so far. There is still time to get your ride entered!

All names are VMK names:

1. Capt.Walrus
2. supermokey
3. Captain_Mouse
4. FlyingPegasus
5. Aengus
6. Aimbeir
7. hobowendy
8. PrincessAveri
9. Neuu
10. Nenob
11. Pirate_Apples
12. SoupDragon
13. Tigerbella
14. ActaFool
15. illusionistic
16. RikiStarlet

Good luck, everyone! I will post as to when everyone else can come visit your rides. I'll start opening the Dis Teleporter Room on Monday.

BlueSneakerGal
05-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Thanks for organizing all this!! :goodvibes

I won't be home until approx. 4pm Mtn time on Monday... so if you start this up earlier than that, I ll try to logon asap to get my rooms up and running!

OneLittleSpark
05-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Thank you again for organising this! Just so people know, to get to my room, you need to go through the boat teleporter once you get to the Treasure Cave. There's a picture with the name 'Pirates in Ice' above it! :goodvibes

Ran
05-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Thanks Goofy05. I would like to ride your ride some time, sounds like a good one
Good luck everyone!

OneLittleSpark
05-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Woot! Today's the day! Can't wait to see everyone's rides :thumbsup2

BlueSneakerGal
05-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Is there a hub with all the teleporters?

disvaclub92
05-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Mims has opened the ride hub for people to see all the rides. Some creative rides here. :)

BlueSneakerGal
05-05-2008, 09:11 PM
What a great bunch of rooms!! :goodvibes There is so much creativity is this group!! I am very impressed!

And thanks so much for organizing this, Mims!!

Hobo Wendy
05-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Wonderful Wonderful rooms everyone, great imaginations and designs. :thumbsup2

cpnbones
05-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Wow. I really enjoyed all the rides. :thumbsup2 Nice job everyone.:woohoo:

Bones pirate:

Goofy05
05-05-2008, 10:01 PM
I have to say that I've not even seen half of the rides yet and I'm greatly impressed! Such a short time frame for building and such amazing rooms! I have closed the hub for the night, but will reopen tomorrow sometime early in the evening for a short time. By then, I hope to have a winner to announce as well. I want to thank everyone who entered for doing this, you all showed us that we can still find fun in vmk! I also want to thank everyone who came to see the wonderful rides our fellow Dis peeps built! I was amazed at how many DISers came to show support. Very cool!
Hugs to you all!
Mims

Eeyore's Pal
05-05-2008, 10:05 PM
A great big THANK YOU to Mims for setting this up, and for being such a gracious hostess this evening. :woohoo:

W00t! W00t! to all the great DIS builders! I checked out every room and was amazed at the creativity, imagination, variety of vision...I could go on and on. :cool1:

LuvN~Travel
05-06-2008, 05:29 AM
What a great job everyone did! So much imagination as well. I really enjoyed visiting everyone's rooms last night and thanks again for the 'final' competition Goofy05. We appreciated it very much.:grouphug: :thumbsup2
Kim

OneLittleSpark
05-06-2008, 07:39 AM
Woot!! Thank you Mims!! :woohoo:

And woot to everyone else who entered, your rides were astoundingly good!! :banana:

I guess there was an advantage to staying up until half two in the morning: I was up late enough to see all the rides!! :rotfl2:

Oh yes, I never did get an answer to this question: Did Aengus break anything? :rotfl:

One final woot for a great competition, great entries and great friends! :goodvibes

Goofy05
05-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Hey, everyone! I'll be opening my room which will have a teleporter to the Dis rides. Look for the Tron teleporter near the gate to my cafe for the Dis teleporter hub. I can't give you specific times I'll be on, as I'll be off and on most of the evening, but search my rooms when you have a chance.
Thanks to all who've entered and worked so hard to build such amazing rides in such a short time! I'll post a winner soon!

Ran
05-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Awesome rooms everyone!! so much creativity

good luck to the judges

Goofy05
05-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Stop in and check out the rides! Hub is open!

AZCat
05-07-2008, 12:43 AM
I had a fun time going from ride to ride seeing the creativity of all the entries. The judges will definitely have a difficult time narrowing down their choice. Great job everyone and good luck!

Goofy05
05-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Woot! The rides were awesome and yes! Tough decision on choosing a winner...I've decided LadyBoadicea wins the Green Rocket Couch. I wish I had more to give, it really was a tough choice! I do have prizes for the top five winners, so please check your pm's later today!
I want to thank everyone! Builders, riders and judges. You all came out and made this fun. Thank you!!

Congratulations, Lady Boadicea!

Here are the top five rides, according to myself and the judges:

1. LadyBoadicea
2. HoboWendy
3. RikiStarlet
4. FlyingPegasus
5. Aengus

I took everyone's favorites into account and it was a tie for the top spot. I asked one more person to ride just those two and that's how I chose the winning ride. Congratulations to all of those who entered and built such awesome rides in such a short time! Nothing short of amazing.

aengus
05-07-2008, 10:56 AM
WOOT! Congrats to all :)

amazingsuperpixie
05-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Woot Congrats to the winners!!!

Eeyore's Pal
05-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Holy Moly! I am in shock! I'm still amazed my ride actually works! :rotfl:

Congratulations again to everyone who participated, rode, judged, and donated items to the builders. :thumbsup2

And one more special thanks to GreenieMimi who organized this wonderful event! :flower3:

CutieEm
05-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Hey! Congrats RikiStarlet and HoboWendy! Good job my friends...

Congrats to everyone else too! They all look fabulous!

Aimbier31
05-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Congrats everyone your rides were all great

SharkMeal
05-07-2008, 03:19 PM
CONGRATS to all the winners and everyone who participated!!!

Can you open the hub another time? I couldn't be there Monday and yesterday was way too late. I
can't be on the computer over 9:30 PM EST or I'll seriously get dizzy and stuffz :(

Hobo Wendy
05-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks everyone! All the rides were wonderful and full of imagination. Glad I didn't have to choose the winner. Thanks again, Wendy:hug:

Lady Boadicea
05-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Congrats to everyone! Special thanks to GreenieMimi for putting this together, and to all the builders and judges and everyone who rode the rides, you all are what makes VMK the special place it is.
:goodvibes
Lady

supermonkey
05-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Congratulations everyone.

LuvN~Travel
05-07-2008, 06:29 PM
:thumbsup2 Congratulations to the winners! Woot! I especially liked Hobowendy's and LadyBoadicea and Fly's rooms too. But, all of them were so great!
It just makes me sad that this is our last competition.;( aww..
I'm glad we all had a chance to go out on a nice vmk high!
Thanks again so much Goofy05, I enjoyed it so much!:thumbsup2 :wizard:
Ki

BlueSneakerGal
05-07-2008, 06:42 PM
w00t!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Great choices!!! :cool1:

Thanks again to GreenieMimi for putting this all together and to all the participants for letting us enjoy your creativity!! :goodvibes

disvaclub92
05-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Congratulations winners!!! All great rooms there. I enjoyed checking them out. :)

PizzaCaptain
05-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Woot great work everyone! I'm glad it was 5 peeps!

Ran
05-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Woo Hoo congratulations Lady Boadicea and to all of the entrants, awesome rooms and rides

FlyingPegasus
05-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Thanks for putting this all together Mims!

Oh and I realy like the way the winners list turned out!

Take that Lava Boy!

Great Rides everyone!

Gosh I am going to miss all this!

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Woot! The rides were awesome and yes! Tough decision on choosing a winner...I've decided LadyBoadicea wins the Green Rocket Couch. I wish I had more to give, it really was a tough choice! I do have prizes for the top five winners, so please check your pm's later today!
I want to thank everyone! Builders, riders and judges. You all came out and made this fun. Thank you!!

Congratulations, Lady Boadicea!

Here are the top five rides, according to myself and the judges:

1. LadyBoadicea
2. HoboWendy
3. RikiStarlet
4. FlyingPegasus
5. Aengus

I took everyone's favorites into account and it was a tie for the top spot. I asked one more person to ride just those two and that's how I chose the winning ride. Congratulations to all of those who entered and built such awesome rides in such a short time! Nothing short of amazing.

Goofy05
05-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Woot! I had a great time with this!
I'm going to open my Garden Cafe at 6:30pm vmk time for about half an hour or so. There is a teleporter link to the Dis contest hub from there, you all are welcome to ride the rides! If anyone would like to sit in the Dis hub to keep it open later, that would be awesome! Also, any prize winners who would like to pick up their prize, that would be great, too!
Thanks again to everyone who participated and showed support to the Dis peeps!

cpnbones
05-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Thanks for doing this Mim's, you are truly wonderful, and congrats to all who built these rides, they were all great.

Bones pirate:

OneLittleSpark
05-08-2008, 06:25 AM
Woot! Congratulations everyone, all the rides were amazing!

Mims, thank you so much for organising this competition, it was lovely to have a chance to see what the Dis can produce! I must say, though, I didn't envy you the task of judging :goodvibes