PDA

View Full Version : New Pirate Vinnie Tales- Big Quest! 4/19-4/30 more info added

Bugdozer
04-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Meet VMK's other pirate!

Ahoy matey! Sure it's a Topsy Turvy Toontown month, but that doesn't stop Captain Blackheart from swashbuckling his way back through VMK! For all you seadogs that didn't complete the big Blackheart's Quest For Buried Treasure, the Captain is back!
The Heart of Gold Quest will handsomely reward every knave with adventure and courage in his heart! (It's possibly our second biggest Quest ever!)

You come seeking adventure? How about treasure? Then you come to the right place. Where did the Captain find all this new treasure? Aye, here's a Topsy Turvy Tale, Blackheart hid the treasure and Quest in a secret "Twilight" Magic Portal and brought it back to the Virtual Magic Kingdom with the help of some Tower of Terror Bellhops that are now serving on his crew!
http://avmk.disney.go.com/avmk_v0300/en_US/media/calendar/eventinfo/EventInfo-2008-04-18-PirateVinnie.jpg

Meet PirateVinnie, finest pirate ever to sail the Rivers of America!
Get your hands on Captain Blackheart's newly discovered treasure! Check out the Event Info section for more details and learn the legend of Captain Blackheart (http://vmk.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/community/index?name=PirateTale).

more added:

Happenings this Month in VMK

Play Captain Blackheart's Heart of Gold Quest! It will handsomely reward every knave with adventure and courage in his heart!
http://avmk.disney.go.com/avmk_v0300/en_US/media/calendar/eventinfo/EventInfo-2008-03-27-QuestForBuriedTreasure.gif

Captain Blackheart's Heart of Gold Quest
4/19 - 4/30
Aye, that scurvy dog Blackheart has returned with another Quest to challenge and equally reward you!
This Quest doesn't have the difficult mini-game challenges but will still test your pirate knowledge and piratin' abilities. Stay to the code play fair and help other players with mini-game challenges but don't share answers, please!
http://avmk.disney.go.com/avmk_v0300/en_US/media/calendar/YavnSpeaks-2008-03-27-CaptBlackheart.jpg
"Aye, I hid more of me treasure in a Magic Twilight Portal!"

chrisb26
04-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Hmm I think my head hurts already I hoep some of the goals are easier to obtain this time.

StephenTXT99
04-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Sounds lame, I'll pass if too hard.

ILoVePIRATES18
04-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Ahhh! no 575 please! :eek:
Hope it's not to complicated please VMK I can't stand another heartbreak :(

Love the Pirate hat looks like the one I have(yes I practically own every POTC item ;) )

Well VMK lets see our next zombie days I mean.. Big quest

GoofyGeggy
04-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Well, since I thoroughly enjoyed the Blackheart Quest, I look forward to this one!!!

Yay for fun VMK Quests before the end. :)

WWEDUDE
04-18-2008, 06:14 PM
I am confused on his new treasure, but at least I don't have to read the tale again :lmao:

- plays twilight zone music -

Princess_Angelica
04-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Oh dear, I hope this is a little easier than Blackhearts Quest. Or i know there are going to be another whole batch of unhappy kids :guilty: VMK, just keep in mind the feelings that got hurt last time and please take the time to think this through twice before you release it! I'll certainly try it and I hope it's fun!

supermonkey
04-18-2008, 06:15 PM
i have a feeling that we will be getting those tower of terror items hmm maybe another lighning magic so i can have 2

TikiIslander
04-18-2008, 06:16 PM
I thought the last quest was really clever (minus the pirates part :upsidedow ), so as long as they have learned from that quest like they said they have, I'm all for it.

Cool hat, cute story, and way to wiggle those Tower of Terror items in there, guys!

thesupersmartguy
04-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Hope it is no time soon, I will be out of town all next week and ths weekend.

mikeyandscoobyx2
04-18-2008, 06:19 PM
Thanks alot VMK.

Just what I need.

OneDisney
04-18-2008, 06:19 PM
[Paraphrasing]"This may be our second biggest quest ever!"

I assume #1 is the Blackheart quest. This doesn't sound good.

BattyMcDoon
04-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Well I'm not excited. If it's hard I wont even bother, the items will just get deleted eventually anyways.

Jasonbobdude
04-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Maybe some of the questions will have something to do with details in their "Legend of Captain Blackheart." I could do that... just please, no pirate game.

WWEDUDE
04-18-2008, 06:30 PM
I think VMK has learned from it's mistake, remember bigger doesn't mean harder.

VirtuallyMe
04-18-2008, 06:30 PM
twitch... twitch... :scared:

fantasymooma
04-18-2008, 06:34 PM
I think my eyes just teared up.

Yup... it just rolled down my cheek.

I can't... not another Quest! I love Quests, but after Blackheart's I don't want to do anymore!

Mnementh
04-18-2008, 06:34 PM
If they said it's SECOND biggest, it probably won't have any ridiculous tasks.

If it turns out that there's a task that people need help with and the prize is only that hat, I'll just help people with the quest and only do it myself if everyone else is finished.

Evoulie
04-18-2008, 06:35 PM
Sounds like TOT Costumes may be released.. I hope this quest isn't too hard!

Ev

seaturtledude
04-18-2008, 06:35 PM
Hmm. I'll make an attempt at it, but honestly I'm not going to work at it that hard if they come out with a task like 575 in pirates. This is because I'm not really that interested in new items anymore now that VMK is closing, more just hanging out with friends.

supermonkey
04-18-2008, 06:42 PM
hmm maybe vmk is trying to stop us from sending letters to disney?

aengus
04-18-2008, 06:48 PM

:rotfl2:

WWEDUDE
04-18-2008, 07:01 PM
The hat is NOT the quest prize. It is for sale tomorrow :)

cteddiesgirl
04-18-2008, 07:02 PM

:lmao:

But, that won't work. I can still send out letters while doing a quest. There's always the hours between 1 am and 10 am. ;)

Bugdozer
04-18-2008, 07:04 PM
New info added in post 1

Macca1111
04-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Well I'm not excited. If it's hard I wont even bother, the items will just get deleted eventually anyways.

Bingo. Hard to think it worthwhile...

CutieEm
04-18-2008, 07:10 PM
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1796736

>_<

Mnementh
04-18-2008, 07:18 PM
Well, they said there wouldn't be difficult mini-game tasks, but it sounds like there will still be mini-game tasks. Shouldn't be too much of a problem. Oh, and it lasts much longer, too.

StephenTXT99
04-18-2008, 07:47 PM

But, that won't work. I can still send out letters while doing a quest. There's always the hours between 1 am and 10 am. ;)

amen LOL:banana: :lmao:

anya.sparrow
04-18-2008, 07:54 PM
:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

I don't know if I can even consider this after last time.

Jasonbobdude
04-18-2008, 07:58 PM
This Quest doesn't have the difficult mini-game challenges but will still test your pirate knowledge and piratin' abilities. Stay to the code play fair and help other players with mini-game challenges but don't share answers, please!

Huzzah!

Disneychick74
04-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Well, they said there wouldn't be difficult mini-game tasks, but it sounds like there will still be mini-game tasks. Shouldn't be too much of a problem. Oh, and it lasts much longer, too.

Any chance of making it last longer...like say..10 years so me and Antjewl can play it?:sad2:

PirateBell
04-18-2008, 08:00 PM

I totally agree...and that's when I uslly do my letter writing..so i will still be writing away!! :)

SharkMeal
04-18-2008, 08:17 PM
It says right there on the description there will be no ridiculous mini-game
challenges.. So if all goes well hopefully VMK will make it up from the first
Blackheart Quest..

cat_herder
04-18-2008, 08:23 PM
I am confused on his new treasure, but at least I don't have to read the tale again :lmao:

I think the answers will come from the tale.

cat_herder
04-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Hmm. I'll make an attempt at it, but honestly I'm not going to work at it that hard if they come out with a task like 575 in pirates. This is because I'm not really that interested in new items anymore now that VMK is closing, more just hanging out with friends.

Me either. The prizes are not worth one single tear. Games are suppose to be fun not painful. VMK has forgot that. If even one person is not having fun over a quest, then VMK has failed in it's mission.

cat_herder
04-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Any chance of making it last longer...like say..10 years so me and Antjewl can play it?:sad2:

I think your ban will only last about a month. LOL

llama62
04-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Hopefully nothing where you have to "plan" out your strategies.

I'm thinking 200 credits on pirates, 30 grand on JC, and 50 ghosts.

Mnementh
04-18-2008, 09:31 PM
I think your ban will only last about a month. LOL

Hopefully, they'll have this resolved in a couple of days. I hope both of you, Chloiepooh and Ant, will try to log in every day just in case.

Hopefully nothing where you have to "plan" out your strategies.

I'm thinking 200 credits on pirates, 30 grand on JC, and 50 ghosts.

That sounds reasonable. Don't forget about fireworks, though. Just because it wasn't on the last quest doesn't mean it won't be this time. I'd estimate 2,000 to 3,000 points on that.

VMK_Mouse
04-19-2008, 12:05 AM
My big question is, why in the hades would VMK do this knowing they are about to kick us to the curb without a bag to carry?

Coasterguy
04-19-2008, 12:32 AM
My big question is, why in the hades would VMK do this knowing they are about to kick us to the curb without a bag to carry?

Events, items etc. in VMK are all planned in advance. It sounds like the developers/programmers/planners/whoever found out about VMK closing the same time we did. They are just carrying out the events/items that were already planned.

anya.sparrow
04-19-2008, 12:46 AM

:hug: So sorry for both of you. Incredibly upsetting.

I totally agree...and that's when I uslly do my letter writing..so i will still be writing away!! :)

Woot!

It says right there on the description there will be no ridiculous mini-game
challenges.. So if all goes well hopefully VMK will make it up from the first
Blackheart Quest..

I feel that I was completely cheated out of the first Blackheart quest (sigh: finishing JC at 12:02 as they terminated the quest 10 hours early), I am really hoping that this is the way that the programmers are going to make it up to us. Please? I know it seems trivial with the *maybe* close of VMK, but the Blackheart quest hurt my heart. There were so many factors, I can't even explain everything.

Events, items etc. in VMK are all planned in advance. It sounds like the developers/programmers/planners/whoever found out about VMK closing the same time we did. They are just carrying out the events/items that were already planned.

I am hoping for a VMK developers/programmers/planners/whoever revolt that leads to massive item release, including carpet magic.

cat_herder
04-19-2008, 12:56 AM

It's like rubbing salt into the wound, isn't it?

cat_herder
04-19-2008, 01:00 AM

Since it is so easy to alter or change the tasks in the quest machine there is no reason for them to claim "we had this really hard quest planned for months and we can't change it now". It took me about 5 seconds to change my quest today. A quest like the last big one they did would probably take 5-10 minutes to alter or delete tasks with the 60+ tasks.

PirateBell
04-19-2008, 01:11 AM
I don't know... I barely was able to get the Blackheart quest done ....only cause so many people helped.... and my DH was so close to finsihing it when they stopped it. I'm not sure I will get this one...if there are games I am not good at them... but I will probably at least try it..cause I love vmk and all the fun we have taking part in quests.. host events...

I also wonder why they would do another quest.. :confused3

tolkien7
04-19-2008, 05:21 AM
I didn't get to complete the first Blackheart quest, so I am definitely playing this one. It was such a bummer to miss out on the silver ears, TDM, and lightning magic that I don't want to be left out of this too.

OneDisney
04-19-2008, 07:13 AM
I didn't get to complete the first Blackheart quest, so I am definitely playing this one. It was such a bummer to miss out on the silver ears, TDM, and lightning magic that I don't want to be left out of this too.
Me too! Every time I see those silver ears I want to kick myself.

TinkPinkPoem
04-19-2008, 07:30 AM
Blackheart Quest was astoundingly difficult and I made a point not to try any similar quests in the-short as it was proven to be-future of vmk but..

What if the prize is Flying Carpet magic?!

:eek:

OneDisney
04-19-2008, 07:32 AM
Blackheart Quest was astoundingly difficult and I made a point not to try any similar quests in the-short as it was proven to be-future of vmk but..

What if the prize is Flying Carpet magic?!

:eek:
Well according to VMK, this will be different. The mini-games won't be as hard.

lillorna11
04-19-2008, 07:48 AM
Thanks VMK for opening the quest again :)
Probably a way to shut us all up

lillorna11
04-19-2008, 07:49 AM
Join the party :lmao:

Tinker_Bell_Crazy101
04-19-2008, 03:36 PM

What tale? I'm very confused! :confused3

Melp
04-19-2008, 11:47 PM
Ok how likely is this quest to remain open until the 30th? I am not seeing any dates posted now on the newsletter page :confused3