PDA

View Full Version : I've created two little

mom2girlsn1boy
04-17-2008, 12:30 PM
Disney monsters. I recored the two shows on travel channel about Disney and my two girls 4 and 2 have to watch them everyday. After they watch them they go and pretend they are at Disney. They ride the Tower of Terror, and Pirates of the Carribean. They go to their hotel and swim, I'm the CM for whatever they need me for. lol It's great because they are using their imagination, and it keeps them occupied until we go in Oct.

Emma's Dad
04-17-2008, 12:43 PM
:rotfl: That's sounds like my DD who wants to watch the John & Kate Plus 8 show (the Disney special) every day! I've got my DVR set to record this Friday's episode on the Travel Channel. I missed last week's episode :sad2:

MNdisneymom
04-17-2008, 01:35 PM
...My 5 yo DS is so WDW-obsessed, I'm almost getting tired of it!:scared1:

Seriously...I love how much he loves all things disney world. His favorite disney video is the History Channel Modern Marvels one--it has a lot of good background info, and he especially loves the early pictures (during construction) and the extremely detailed feature of TOT. Oh, and I bought a kid's biography of Walt...and he discovered that a friend of his at church has walt's middle name (elias) as his first name. (The kid wasn't so impressed when DS told him--I don't think he knew who that was, LOL) And he regularly plays the "I'm riding....{insert ride name here}..." complete with narration.

It's great having a disney loving kid, isn't it?!?

Kimmumum
04-17-2008, 02:04 PM
:rotfl: That's sounds like my DD who wants to watch the John & Kate Plus 8 show (the Disney special) every day! I've got my DVR set to record this Friday's episode on the Travel Channel. I missed last week's episode :sad2:

My DVR was set for last week and didn't record. When will it be on tomorrow? I can't find it in the guide. :confused3

mom2girlsn1boy
04-17-2008, 02:21 PM
This Friday is Disney Splurge or something like that

Kimmumum
04-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Thanks. Is that the Jon and Kate special? I thought it was called Jon and Kate Hit The Road (or something like that). I was soooo mad that my DVR didn't record it (and I even checked to make sure it was scheduled!!!!)

bigbabyblues
04-17-2008, 03:30 PM

I think I saw on the Theme Parks board that it's going to be on again on April 23....some kind of "Disney" day or something on the Travel Channel. I don't have time to look right now, but you might pop over there and see if you can find it. It was posted last night, maybe the night before.

mom2girlsn1boy
04-17-2008, 04:10 PM
oh I'm sorry I was talking about the next special on Disney on travel channel

JaimeinWonderland
04-17-2008, 06:04 PM
My son makes us watch all of the Travel channel Disney specials over and over again!

Emma's Dad
04-17-2008, 08:33 PM
My DVR was set for last week and didn't record. When will it be on tomorrow? I can't find it in the guide. :confused3

Yes... it will be on tomorrow night @ 9:00 EDT on the Travel Channel.

Here's the info on the Season of Disney series:
http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Season_Of_Disney

Emma's Dad
04-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Thanks. Is that the Jon and Kate special? I thought it was called Jon and Kate Hit The Road (or something like that). I was soooo mad that my DVR didn't record it (and I even checked to make sure it was scheduled!!!!)

You got it... It was John and Kate Plus 8, "Hit the Road". Sorry to hear about your DVR... I haven't seen any schedules that show another airing of the episode. Too bad this wasn't on my TiVo... I could send you a DVD copy :rolleyes1

tweedlemom
04-19-2008, 08:14 PM
My DS 5 insists that he will be employed full time at PIXAR as a "DVD maker" sometime this year. He says that when the family goes to the airport this August to board a plane to DisneyWorld, he will be getting on a different plane to CA so he can start his job at PIXAR Studios!

ellenmiele
04-19-2008, 09:00 PM

Same thing happened to me last week (Samantha Brown's Favorites). But that show will be on again this Wednesday. I think it's at either 5 or 6 pm. I am going to watch last night's show now (Disney Splurge) and set my DVR for Wednesday.

eyeheartgoofy
04-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Disney monsters. I recored the two shows on travel channel about Disney and my two girls 4 and 2 have to watch them everyday. After they watch them they go and pretend they are at Disney. They ride the Tower of Terror, and Pirates of the Carribean. They go to their hotel and swim, I'm the CM for whatever they need me for. lol It's great because they are using their imagination, and it keeps them occupied until we go in Oct.

Maybe we can make a playdate. ;) At our house a few of our favorites are:

Princess Greetings - DD's dress as princesses and sit regally on the couch while I present them with baby dolls and stuffed animals ... I then must pretend to photograph "my kids" with the princesses.

Good Morning Express - DD's stand on the deck and scream/sing the "Good Mornin'" song from MK's opening. The deck is the train station ... I have to sit in the lawn to be the audience.

Crystal Palace - the play food comes out and my girls serve me at the Crystal Palace (of course, this isn't authentic b/c Crystal Palace is a buffet ... I haven't pointed this out to them ...)

So, yeah, bring your princess dresses and your singing voices --- Whaddya say, Friday around 10:00am?

mickeymommy3
04-19-2008, 10:05 PM
My 2 daughters play lets go to disney every day. The put there princess coats on their Mickey ears, and go as far as to try to leave the house. They have asked their grandpa for money and a ride to the airport. I have definetly created some Disney monsters. They also watch the travel channel shows, but I think they have ruined their disney vacation dvd. You gotta love it though. I love the fact that the magic continued after their trip was over, and it brings smile to my face knowing that I was able to create such wonderful memories for them.

xxDisney_Doll
04-19-2008, 10:17 PM
I am a teenage Disney monster. I torture my mother by pushing aside her television schedule and always watching Disney shows on the travel channel also ever since my mum told me we were going to Disney instead of Salem, mass. in august mind you I have been obsessivley planning which attractions I will ride and planning a special Disney dinner party (even though they mostly never work out because I only have the help of two ten year olds) and I think she has been pretty much tired of hearing the phrases "You have to do this..." or "When you go to Disney you have to..." Like I said I'm a teenage Disney nightmare.

mickeymommy3
04-20-2008, 08:53 AM
That's okay because I am a 34 year old Disney monster, and proud of it

nessz79
04-20-2008, 01:45 PM
I actually find myself hiding the heavy Disney influence I've had on my kids from DH! I was watching ride videos on You Tube with my 5 and 3 year old boys and DH walked in. I felt myself turn red as our trip isn't for a whole year still. DH has been pretty cool about it, but I just know he thinks I'm ridiculous!