PDA

View Full Version : stroller question for bigger kids

wendylovesdisney
04-17-2008, 09:26 AM
This may sound dumb, but what do you do with the stroller straps for bigger kids on the strollers? Now that my daughter is bigger and does not need to be strapped in, I am scared they will bunch up or be uncomfortable to sit on.

She is 5 but her stamina won't be great.

I don't know that I want to pay inflated prices for the disney stroller.

Any help?

belle231
04-17-2008, 09:37 AM
On my stroller the little slits that the straps come out of you can stick them up in there and they hang out the back. Kind of confuing just try to stick them up in the holes they come out of. My son is three and is huge already so we wont be taking our little stroller. Plus i have heard it can be a hassle bringing them on the disney transportation. We are going to let him walk and im sure give him piggy backs ( we will be taking breaks in the middle of our days) and for the longer days like the magic kingdom we will rent him one. Good luck :banana:

Sir Ron
04-17-2008, 09:39 AM
i've never heard my daughters make a complaint about the straps. They'll be fine.

laurasmom
04-17-2008, 12:28 PM
My DD is 4 and is very big and hasn't strapped in about a year. She usually just sits on them but occasionally if they bother her we just move them to the side while she sits down...good luck!

shoppgirl
04-17-2008, 01:08 PM
My dd is 4 and she is old enough and mature enough to not need to be 5 pt harnessed into her Mac Triumph! I was able to take the entire harness out and put them away for safe keeping so that if I want to sell the stroller I will be able to put them back in. This also helps to keep the harness nice and clean for resale too! The stroller is much more comfortable without them (she never complained before either, but to me, especially in the hot weather, I wouldn't want her sitting on or leaning against it.)

TJA
04-17-2008, 03:29 PM
I just removed the parts that were removable and then just tucked the other parts into the seats.

juliana_sd
04-17-2008, 08:39 PM
I have a Mac and I took out the shoulder straps. I left the bottom straps on though, in case we have a major meltdown and I need to strap him in so he doesn't launch himself out. :rolleyes1

all4fun
04-17-2008, 08:55 PM
DS just sits on them and has never complained. If it bothered him, he would! So I don't worry about it too much. We just got back from a week long trip at WDW and he was in it quite a bit. He is almost five.

hth!

Lauratu
05-09-2008, 01:06 AM
Why not use the 5 point harness ? It's so unsafe to ride unbuckled.
my kids have always been buckled during the stroller rides. No matter how old they are. They are now able to buckle in and out by themselves, they no the stroller will not move until they are buckled and they have no problem with that.