PDA

View Full Version : What to do with Two boys 6 and 4?

mhmcduff
04-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Going to WDW soon with my 6 and 4 year old boys- and husband 45- what are the top attractions in your opinion, that we should not miss in the World?
Thanks

disneymomof2boyz
04-16-2008, 08:13 PM
My boys are 3 and 2, a little younger than yours. But the rides that they love are, and some that might be better for your older kids:
Buzz Lightyear- MK
Goofy's Barnstormer-MK
Thunder Mountain-MK
POTC-MK
Peter Pan- MK
Splash Mountain-MK
an maybe Space Mountain for your 6yr. old.

Soarin-Epcot
Spaceship Earth- Epcot
Maelstrom- Epcot
Test Track- Epcot
Mission Space- Epcot

TOT- DS
Indiana Jones- DS
Playhouse Disney- DS
Muppets 3D- DS

Dinosaur (maybe)- AK
EE (maybe)- AK
Its tough to be a bug-AK
Kilamanjaro Safari- AK
FOTLK- AK
Nemo the Musical- AK
Kali River Rapids- Ak

These are just some...there are many more. Good Luck!!:)

Chrisinroch
04-16-2008, 08:28 PM
According to my 6yo boy in order.....

Mission space (green side no spinning) for the 6 yo, but probably not the 4yo
Star Tours at the studios
Pirates
Indiana Jones Stunt Show at the studios
your hotel pool or private house pool -- no joke. Kids would almost always rather take a break at 2 and head back to the pool for a couple of hours.
Tom Sawyer Island (the fort and the caves)
Soaring
Mike's Comedy Show
Mickey's Philharmagic
Spaceship Earth at EPCOT

I'll add Turtle talk at EPCOT. He liked it more when he was younger.
Avoid stich's great escape. Terrible Terrible ride. Worst ever.

staci
04-16-2008, 08:31 PM
The ones that instantly came to mind was Buzz in MK and Festival of the Lion King and Kilimanjaro Safaris in AK. I am sure there are plenty more, and of course if they are both 40" there are the more extreme rides.....

dspads
04-16-2008, 09:12 PM
My boys favs the last trip:

MK
Pirates
Haunted Mansion
Splash - 5yo (3yo too short)
Thunder Mtn - 5yo (3yo too short)
Goofys Barnstormer
WDW Railroad -3yo
Spectro Magic Parade
Indy Speedway
Buzz ride & Monsters Inc show

AK
Safari
Nemo show - 5yo was totally into it, 3yo lost interest last 10 min but loved every other minute. Great broadway style show.
Kali Rapids - 5yo LOVED, 3yo did not like at all and was screaming that he got soaked...

EPCOT
5yo enjoyed kidcot stops, 3yo not interested
loved trains in Germany, Mexico & Normay ride, Nemo ride & Crush show

HS
Muppets 3-d, Playhouse Disney, meeting all the Pixar characters, Power Rangers & Lightning McQueen, Car Stunt show was a big hit, Backlot tour & Movie ride also enjoyed by all. Afternoon Parade was great to see characters too.

Other
Monorail rides
Chef Mickeys
hotel pool & pool slide
any and all boat rides, like boat to DTD from Old Key West
midday icecream treats -Mickey ears or strawberry ice pops!

** We didn't do alot of the must-see stuff thast the kids couldn't do. But you may want to child swap. Like Expedition Everest, Rock n Roller Coaster, Space Mtn, etc**

eeyoregon
04-16-2008, 09:18 PM
Not sure if you will have time for a waterpark but we highly recommend Blizzard Beach! My boys loved it when they were young and still do (they are 12 and 15 now)!

ewerstruly
04-18-2008, 12:38 PM
I, too, have boys ages 4 and 6. I researched and thought I had mapped out what they would enjoy. First ride we took them on was Stitch's Great Escape (WDW) ... and it scared the dickens out of both of them!!! They were screaming and crying "WE WANT TO GO HOME. WE DON'T WANT TO BE AT DISNEY ANYMORE!". We tried to talk them into riding something else with no luck. Luckily, some nice Disney employee saw us struggling and took our boys to the front of the BUZZ RANGER SPACE RANGER SPIN line. It was a HUGE hit and we rode it several times. BUSS LIGHTYEAR to the rescue! It saved our trip! I'd say, just take your kids on something very tame for a first ride ...e ase them itno it. My sister-in-law took her 6-year-old on SPLASH MOUNTAIN first and it scared him to death. My boys 4 and 6 LOVED SPLASH MOUNTAIN. I think they might have loved STITCH, too, had it not been first. Tam