View Full Version : Can't make reservation for Feb 2003
03-24-2002, 08:54 AM
I was all excited to make my first DVC reservation this week: 4 studios at BCV for my whole family for Feb 2003-- Sun-Thurs= 280 pts. We have 150 pts, Feb use year. Banked all 150 when we signed last month. Called to book at 11 month window and was told that we only have enough for 2 studios, since WE CAN'T BANK OR BORROW POINTS UNTIL JUNE, when we close. I told her I wanted to speak to a manager, because I had read about similar problems (here), and that she did not have the correct information. She insisted that I contact my sales rep. Now it's Friday at 4:45 PM, so of course he's not there. He called back later to say I need a special waiver to do this, and gave me another number to call (Monday, of course). I'm not really worried, because I think we'll be able to get what we want, but what a yucky way to start our membership! They really need to get their act together over there-- the woman I spoke with didn't even MENTION the waiver option. Not a great way to start our DVC membership. Anyone have similar problems?
03-24-2002, 10:54 AM
I think the cases on this board were for people who added on for use years later in the year and wanted to borrow for an earlier reservation. I can't remember if anyone had a banked point case.
It's always been a DVC rule that you can't use banked or borrowed points until closing, but Beach Club is a special situation since closings are so far away in June. Plus DVC is usually willing to make "exceptions" for people who buy direct, they are more in control of the situation (rather than resale where outside people are involved).
Good Luck! :)
03-26-2002, 10:50 AM
We are kinda in the same situation. We bought BCV last month and wanted to use those points for a trip to HH in October 2002. Our UY is December so we would be borrowing those points for our October trip. Cant do it :(
BUT Our guide is holding our GV at HH until June, when we can borrow the points. So in a sense we have the ressie.... just we dont have it......
I will be calling every week to double check the "hold" But they assure me we can buy our airline tickets and rental cars!
Hope this can help someone......
Laura <------- who is very nervous but trying to remian calm.
03-26-2002, 01:01 PM
Call your guide. He/she should be able to intervene and get you a reservation or a hold on the room until you can make the reservation.
03-26-2002, 02:02 PM
While waiting for this to be sorted out, why not book half the days for the 4 studios with your available points, then just add the days on when they get their act together for you....
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.