PDA

View Full Version : If you could leave right now for Disney, would you?

thegrimdwarf
04-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Meaning, without any plans or ADRs and knowing full well that April is crowded, would you leave right this minute for a 4 day trip? Well, in an hour - I'll give you time to pack a bag.

Would you go? Alone? With just your spouse? With the kids, too? Or there's just no way you could do it?

I'd never do it with the kids, but if my husband came home and said 'hey babe, let's catch the next flight to Orlando! - your mom can watch the boys!' I'd be ALL IN.

Hopefully my husband will read that later, and be inspired....:rolleyes:

Bethy Lou
04-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Actually my husband and I have done that before! haha, it was the middle of a terrible week at work for us both and he said we really need a WDW weekend to reward ourselves for getting through this week. I said don't tempt me, which is code for "all you need to do is prod me a little and I will say yes". Since we live close enough to drive and have annual passes we ended up going for it. I really hope there are other people out there like us tgd!

a1tinkfans
04-16-2008, 12:51 PM
I HOPE YOUR HUSBAND READS YOUR POST AND DOES GET INSPIRED! :rotfl2:

I'd say YES, but actually we're already scheduled for two upcoming trips later this year (he humors me) and leaving for a cruise out of Fla (my gift to HIM) in 3 days so......
That ain't happening, but BOY IT'S NICE TO DREAM!!
Have a great day!

Emma's Dad
04-16-2008, 12:53 PM
I certainly would! Of course... we only have to wait 12 more days before we actually go :cool1:

stmize
04-16-2008, 12:58 PM
in a heartbeat

cheerforchelsea
04-16-2008, 01:12 PM
I could be ready to go in about 5 minutes......

fortheluvofpooh
04-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Heck Ya Babeeeeeeeyyyyy!!!!

stopher1
04-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Uhhhh.... YES!

emh1129
04-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Heck yes! If DH could actually get the time off work, that is.

budbeerlady
04-16-2008, 02:35 PM
See you, I am out the door. I have my toothbrush and I can buy clothes there!

dunbarfamily
04-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Yeppers, we'd all be ready to go in about a half hour! I could never go without the children!

TanyaLovesPooh
04-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Absolutely!! :banana:

SharpMomOfTwo
04-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Who needs time to pack - I'll just buy some clothes down there!!! Where are we stayin?!?

Disneygal4life
04-16-2008, 02:52 PM
We'll stay at the Poly since this is a spur of the moment trip and we're being Wild 'n Crazy....let's go for deluxe! :cheer2:

TinaLala
04-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Is saying DUH! too fresh? I'm not trying to be fresh honestly!:lovestruc

I would go without my kids, but I'd be heart broken and guilty the entire time. They make it half the fun!

Without my DH - that's come up before and we have a pack that one doesn't go without the other - until death do us part - I swear if he could have added it to our vows he would have because I'd go anytime with anyone at any minute.

I mean I'll leave with you right now if you want...let's go!!! I don't need to waste time in packing!! Everything I'll need is either at Downtown Disney or at a shop somewhere! I'll manage trust me!

ADRs - hell I'll call them in on the way down or while we're on the Magical Express to the hotel. Still can't get them, while you're in the bathroom in our room 'freshing up' I'll be on the phone to guest services making them.

Once DH called me on a Saturday saying he wanted to be at Disney - we were standing infront of Cinderella's castle 11am by Wednesday!

I'll fly if someone finds the way to buy!

vellamint
04-16-2008, 03:41 PM
WIth or without the husband, with or without the kids, alone, all of us......any which way - I WOULD GO NOW!!!

Crisgw
04-16-2008, 03:43 PM
You better believe I would!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ColleenG
04-16-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm already in the car. Is one outfit per person enough? If I even sat at the resort all day I could be in a much better mood! LOL

fireworks fan
04-16-2008, 04:23 PM
I could have my whole family ready to go in one hour, as long as I could find someone to watch the dog!:cool1:

canadianmom2three
04-16-2008, 04:42 PM
If someone else was paying, I could easily have the 3 kids and DH packed up and sitting by the door in well under an hour. That said, we're an all or nothing kind of family, so if DH and the kids weren't invited, I wouldn't be going....

juligrl
04-16-2008, 04:48 PM
I'd do it, absolutely! With whoever wanted to or could go or by myself if nobody could. As long as they could be ready in an hour they'd be welcome to come. I'd have a great time too!

DVCsince02
04-16-2008, 04:49 PM
I was saying yes before I finished reading your post.

Tinker*Shell*Bell
04-16-2008, 05:40 PM
I don't even need the hour to pack..I can leave now. WDW has washers, dryers and lots of clothes for sale...the front desk will even give me a toothbrush....just let me grab my sandals!!! :)

Abharmagic
04-16-2008, 06:04 PM
ALL EXPENSES PAID????

If so- YES- otherwise I have to save some $$$ so couldn't do it NOW- but if I won a trip- even if I didn't have any ADRs and plans of any kind you'd better believe I'd be ready in a minute!

PS- I'd bring my kids and Dh- it's not fun w/o them- and I'd miss them terribly.

Tnkrbelle565
04-16-2008, 06:13 PM
I'm going to be the lone "no" vote. It's not that I can't be spontanious (in college, I actually did go to the airport and asked to be put on the next flight...no matter where it went...just for the fun of it) BUT, I guess I'm the only one who doesn't have the patience for Disney in April. 50 minute waits for rides is just NOT for me!!! And no ADRs means no sit down meals. I'd prefer not to be eating chicken fingers and bacon burgers for my whole trip!

DisneyDizzy
04-16-2008, 06:53 PM
I could have my whole family ready to go in one hour, as long as I could find someone to watch the dog!:cool1:

ditto!! Maybe even 45 minutes. Actually, if my husband called and said he was leaving work and could I be ready, he works 25 minutes away, I'd dump the dog at the kennel, throw some clothes, the kid, the portable DVD player in the car and be gone. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

eeyoregon
04-16-2008, 08:20 PM
Uh, DUH!!!!:lmao:

megthewonderful
04-17-2008, 07:00 AM
I'd be out the door in less than five minutes!
As much as I love my kids, my DH and I honeymooned in WDW, so I think I'd just like to go with him! :lovestruc

Bethy Lou
04-17-2008, 07:02 AM
I'd be out the door in less than five minutes!
As much as I love my kids, my DH and I honeymooned in WDW, so I think I'd just like to go with him! :lovestruc

I agree with you for the same reason! :love:

Disneyfanatic108
04-17-2008, 08:36 AM
ABSOLUTELY.:thumbsup2 We did this in March for three days.

Disneygirl26
04-17-2008, 08:50 AM
It would take me less than an hour all I need is my credit card and the kids, DH would say no which is fine he can stay home with the dogs:cool1:

Maybe I should keep an emergency bag in the closed just in case dreams really do come true.......lol

Disney Mommy 3
04-17-2008, 09:05 AM
Wanna see how fast a mom can pack for a family of 5?

mmkk
04-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Absolutely, positively YES! (But only with DH and DD.) I agree with a previous poster about going with the clothes on our backs since Disney has washer and dryers and clothes for sale!

Here is hoping that all our spouses read this and get inspired!

SharpMomOfTwo
04-17-2008, 10:30 AM
I'm going to be the lone "no" vote. It's not that I can't be spontanious (in college, I actually did go to the airport and asked to be put on the next flight...no matter where it went...just for the fun of it) BUT, I guess I'm the only one who doesn't have the patience for Disney in April. 50 minute waits for rides is just NOT for me!!! And no ADRs means no sit down meals. I'd prefer not to be eating chicken fingers and bacon burgers for my whole trip!

BOOOOOO :confused: :sad2: :eek:
Come on - even if your just sitting at ythe hotel pool the whole time ordering room service - at least your on vacation in sunny Florida!!!! If your lucky, maybe Mickey will come on by the pool for a dip!

LAH LAH
04-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Is this a serious question? OF COURSE I'D GO...in a few moments I could be ready!

:tigger:

Disneygirl26
04-17-2008, 10:54 AM
For a free trip to disney I'm willing to eat nothing but Turkey Legs and Mickey bars for four day's:rotfl:

Who's with me?

2tinkerbells
04-17-2008, 11:32 AM
Let's Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crystal824
04-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Of course...I could be ready in a half hour, tops. I would want to bring my DH. It wouldn't be as much fun witout him. We don't have kids yet.

antree
04-17-2008, 12:34 PM
My 6 and 13yr old ask me this everyday. We would be out the door before you can even finish the question. My DH on the other hand will be saying I'll see you when you get back:rotfl:

Momvic5
04-17-2008, 12:44 PM
For a free trip to disney I'm willing to eat nothing but Turkey Legs and Mickey bars for four day's:rotfl:

Who's with me?

You just made me laugh out loud! I am so with you! :lmao:

mickey mommy
04-17-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm ready - I think my kids would be ready in about 4 seconds flat. It might take Dh about 10 seconds to make sure the house is locked up! Get ready, Get Set, Let's GO!

Kimmumum
04-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Give a couple minutes and the 4 of us will be out the door and half way to the airport!!!:rotfl:

katybugsmom
04-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Are you kidding? I would live at WDW if I could!!!!!:wizard: The end of a school year can be pretty tough, so you want to be anywhere but there when the kids get spring fever!!!! I would be happiest person in the world if someone told me I had just received a free trip to WDW as long as I could leave today! I could have our family packed and ready to go in no time!!!!:thumbsup2 My DH and I have joked about moving down to Jacksonville just so we could get Florida Resident passes or even going on down to Orlando and working for WDW! I can't think of a happier place to work!!!:love:
I'm right there with you guys!!!!!:cool1:

of2dbeach
04-17-2008, 05:59 PM
adios amego....but then i can cheat we live 2 hrs south of Dw but heck yeah id be in the suv with my 5 kids and we are OUTTA here .. Did i mention i am a Disney Fanatic??

TDISFAMILY
04-17-2008, 07:02 PM
I would go in a flash even if it was just to relax at the POLY I would have to take DH and DS3 unless I didn't tell DS3 mommie and daddy are going to "Mickey Mouse's House". Nooo I couldn't do that to him it would have to be all of us.:banana:

Aliceacc
04-17-2008, 07:24 PM
As of this morning, 25 teachers from my school left for WDW with 400 Seniors. Two other teachers were out for a family funeral.

Dead or alive, I NEED to be in school tomorrow. We sub internally and we're out of teachers. Today the dean, in addition to teaching his own classes, covered one extra class and a cafeteria duty.

I would be there in a heartbeat for Saturday, but I could NOT leave now!!!

Crisgw
04-17-2008, 07:34 PM

Who's with me?

ME :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

JenEeyore
04-17-2008, 08:52 PM
OH YAH, I WOULD SO BE THERE!!! By myself, with spouse, or with my kid - any of the above. We used to go on WDW weekend trips with just a few days notice, so I know it can be done. Who needs ADR's - just plunk me down there and I'll make do with Mickey bars ;-)

MousekaMaddi
04-17-2008, 09:29 PM
you buy, Ill fly :banana:

amyhughes
04-17-2008, 09:38 PM
After the week I have had...I would be willing to throw everyone in the car and make it up as I go!:lmao:

myAAbatteries&aTD
04-17-2008, 11:20 PM
We'd leave this minute if someone offered! LOVE spontaneous trips, although they haven't been as frequent since we've had our darling kiddos..... I'd have to take them - just wouldn't feel right being there w/out them right now. DH - well, I'd feel badly but I could get over that guilt fairly quickly....

And, yes, we'd ALL eat turkey legs and Mickey bars and be PERFECTLY happy! Actually my ds would be just fine w/ ONLY Mickey bars!!!

pjwelch
04-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Are you kidding. 5 minutes I'm gone!!:banana: :cheer2: :mickeyjum pixiedust:

DawnM
04-27-2008, 06:33 AM
I just have no desire to go when it is super crowded!

I would go in May though!

Dawn

coolbeans
04-27-2008, 07:01 AM
not a spontaneous person. I need to pack, have outfits prepared, house clean, grocery shopping done (My mom lives with us and she would need food while we were gone!), laundry caught up, dog sitter arranged...can't do it.