PDA

View Full Version : We made the news Florida channel 13 interview 4/30!!!

Spacexalp
04-15-2008, 06:30 PM
From Aengus :)

You can view the interview and see the video here :)

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/4/30/parents_plan_to_boycott_disney_over_web_site_dilem ma.htmlAlright, this is serious no fun and games. We need someone in the Orlando, Kissimmee, Clermont, or Daytona area that is willing to do a TV Interview for a news network within the next hour for a VMK segment on the news tonight.

If you live near those areas please contact feedback@savevmktoday.com and we will get this going ASAP.

Spacexalp

Bugdozer
04-15-2008, 06:34 PM
There has to be a passionate parent out there and kid willing to do this PLEASE!!

Bug

AmberDaze
04-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Making a few calls...

Update: Grrrr...either ppl are not answering or they can't make it. :( Boo.he! I've passed the word around...hopefully someone will answer.

poohluv2u
04-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Someone with a disabled child or one in the hospital would be great!

ETA: I don't mean that to sound callous, just might be more heart wrenching ..

aengus
04-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Just want to keep this up top, it sounds important :)

Bugdozer
04-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Making a few calls...

Days need you or fly you may be too far
need this asap i have several people asking me to find someone. call me if you have to

Bug

Bugdozer
04-15-2008, 06:58 PM
They want someone that is a parent and child that plays! FAST

Bug

AmberDaze
04-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Ah! I'm trying! I'm in contact with everyone I know...and those ppl are calling their contacts... Too bad I'm too far away! :( :(

AmberDaze
04-15-2008, 07:07 PM
OK -- I found VMK fans who can be available after 9pm tonight or tomorrow morning (she lives in Kissimmee but she's working until 9pm). Let me know if there is any way we can push it to later in the evening. :) :) I'm still waiting to hear back from a few others, but it doesn't look promising at the moment.

Bugdozer
04-15-2008, 07:10 PM
we are trying out and coriander and flyingpegasus but they really want kids too

Bugdozer
04-15-2008, 07:11 PM
OK -- I found VMK fans who can be available after 9pm tonight or tomorrow morning (she lives in Kissimmee but she's working until 9pm). Let me know if there is any way we can push it to later in the evening. :) :) I'm still waiting to hear back from a few others, but it doesn't look promising at the moment.

Kids need to know asap please

AmberDaze
04-15-2008, 07:13 PM
Yes!! Her 2 kids would produce an awesome interview... her boy is 12 and her girl is younger..

SeaSpray
04-15-2008, 07:13 PM
There used to be a "kid" from down there that played VMK and his mother was a CM! For the life of me I can't remember his VMK or his DIS name!!! ARG!

He and his mother were at a meet... wait, I remember now, it was Adioskater! Is he still around????? :confused3

AmberDaze
04-15-2008, 07:15 PM
I talked to someone who works for Disney, but she wasn't sure how ethical it would be for her to do the interview...

mikeyandscoobyx2
04-15-2008, 07:16 PM
There used to be a "kid" from down there that played VMK and his mother was a CM! For the life of me I can't remember his VMK or his DIS name!!! ARG!

He and his mother were at a meet... wait, I remember now, it was Adioskater! Is he still around????? :confused3

I've only seen him post about once.. a few weeks ago.

Bugdozer
04-15-2008, 07:17 PM
Yes!! Her 2 kids would produce an awesome interview... her boy is 12 and her girl is younger..

Hi,

One of the webmasters of savevmktoday.com want to know if this mom can send her phone number to:

feedback@savevmktoday.com ASAP

MPhins13
04-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Saw this thread by StephenTXT99 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1793249
I just sent an email. Told them just a little. I added that my 2 kids had a type of Austism and it's Autism Awareness month

Thanks for the info

AmberDaze
04-15-2008, 07:19 PM
She's working, but she did say that they can have her phone #. I'll email it for her. :)

AmberDaze
04-15-2008, 07:23 PM
I emailed her phone number... keeping fingers crossed... :)

Bugdozer
04-15-2008, 07:24 PM
She's working, but she did say that they can have her phone #. I'll email it for her. :)

Thanks!!!!!! gosh hope all works out

disvaclub92
04-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Saw this thread by StephenTXT99 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1793249
I just sent an email. Told them just a little. I added that my 2 kids had a type of Austism and it's Autism Awareness month

Thanks for the info

Keep us posted and good luck. :)

cyre
04-15-2008, 07:25 PM

I know who exactly you are talking about, Days, and I think she and her kids would be PERFECT, especially her son. Glad you thought of her. lol I just got home.

AmberDaze
04-15-2008, 07:28 PM
I know who exactly you are talking about, Days, and I think she and her kids would be PERFECT, especially her son. Glad you thought of her. lol I just got home.

Heh, I am interested to know if you're thinking of the same person...send me a pm. lol Neither of her kids are shy... :goodvibes

FlyingPegasus
04-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Should I start driving to Coriander's house or do you have this covered?

Hugs, wish I had known about this sooner.

Fly

Bugdozer
04-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Heh, I am interested to know if you're thinking of the same person...send me a pm. lol Neither of her kids are shy... :goodvibes

Ok here is what I have been told:

they will do it tomorrow morning they will call her and do it in the afternoon straight from webmaster at savevmktoday

AmberDaze
04-15-2008, 07:38 PM
I would have them call her tonight just to be sure she leaves tomorrow open. :)

Bugdozer
04-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Ok I passed that info on thanks for all the help my head is spinning:upsidedow

AmberDaze
04-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Your head isn't the only thing that's spinning lol. I hope this all works out. :)

AmberDaze
04-15-2008, 07:49 PM

You were right! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

AmberDaze
04-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Bug -- wondering if it was ok for Slinkyman's title to be mentioned on television...let me know.

Just spoke to my friend and went over a few points that should be covered during the interview (if it does happen). :)

Pirate-Emery
04-15-2008, 08:23 PM
I have no idea what's going on (because this thread reads so fast!), but I wanted to wish you all good luck, we're all counting on you.

Bugdozer
04-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Bug -- wondering if it was ok for Slinkyman's title to be mentioned on television...let me know.

Just spoke to my friend and went over a few points that should be covered during the interview (if it does happen). :)

Hi,

Yes it is ok with both he and I.

Bug

AmberDaze
04-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Just wondering...if you know the station, could you send me a pm? Friend is curious. :)

MPhins13
04-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Is this interview going to be just 1 family or a few? I was just wondering since I sent an email about 2 hours ago and haven't heard anything back from them :confused3 I was under the impression it was more than one family.

AmberDaze
04-15-2008, 08:52 PM
I think they should hear from more than 1 family...but I'm not sure what their plans are. :confused3

Bugdozer
04-15-2008, 08:57 PM
Just wondering...if you know the station, could you send me a pm? Friend is curious. :)

Sent

Is this interview going to be just 1 family or a few? I was just wondering since I sent an email about 2 hours ago and haven't heard anything back from them :confused3 I was under the impression it was more than one family.

I think they should hear from more than 1 family...but I'm not sure what their plans are. :confused3

I heard they had 2 family's lined up. There are also some being lined up in other parts of the country.

Bug

Chedstro
04-15-2008, 09:12 PM
Few! Fly and I dodged the bullet! I am so glad they found a family with kids, that is really our best chance.

I was only reluctant 1) because I am truly shy, lol and 2) Telling my and Bob's story about meeting in VMK and eventually getting married may be not a great way to promote the safety of VMK for kids.

Best of luck to those being interviewed:cool1 And thanks for being more brave than I am!

Trishqtpi
04-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Did you guys get the people you needed??

redshoe
04-15-2008, 09:46 PM
I was only reluctant 1) because I am truly shy, lol and 2) Telling my and Bob's story about meeting in VMK and eventually getting married may be not a great way to promote the safety of VMK for kids.

:lmao:

I think it's incredibly sweet, but...yeah. You sort of have a point. ;)

taz
04-15-2008, 09:56 PM
I someone going to tape the interview and put it on youtube or something?

I would like to see :)

wdmountie
04-15-2008, 09:59 PM
yes, please put the interview up on here. i am very curious to see what is said! oh this is wonderful to have the media finally showing off VMK. Thank you so much for the volunteers! I wish I was back home to see it for myself!

Bugdozer
04-15-2008, 10:12 PM
savevmktoday is going to be adding a new section to their website where you will be able to sign up for interviews in your area if it is needed. I will post link once they have it working. They want to get a list of names and where people are located so if they need someone fast they can look at list see if someone is in that area and call.

Thanks again for the speedy help everyone. We are making MUCH noise:dance3:

Bug

aengus
04-15-2008, 10:16 PM
this so rocks! great work everyone, the teamwork and spirit is amazing!

Amber_Kait
04-15-2008, 10:33 PM
oh wow.
sounds like they were demanding on this story?
heh wow i'm hopeing someone will post a video so we may all watch. :rolleyes1

cteddiesgirl
04-15-2008, 10:59 PM
Woot! This sounds very exciting!

Hopefully we can all see the interview when it's done. :)

AmberDaze
04-16-2008, 12:17 AM
I just spoke to my friend and the reporter left a message on her voice mail. The interview is going to happen tomorrow night. Woot!

aengus
04-16-2008, 12:45 AM
I just spoke to my friend and the reporter left a message on her voice mail. The interview is going to happen tomorrow night. Woot!

WOOT!

redshoe
04-16-2008, 12:47 AM
HOORAY!!!

I can't wait to see/hear/read it!

cyre
04-16-2008, 12:49 AM

Aww nice! If i know her son, hehe he's got to be so excited!!

yay!! :banana:

AstroGigiblue
04-16-2008, 01:02 AM

AWESOME News! Thanks for sharing Days!

Imagineer_Tech
04-16-2008, 06:49 AM
The night of the 16th or the 17th?

dawnita
04-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Can you let me know what channel and time because I am local to Orlando.

AmberDaze
04-16-2008, 09:48 AM

Sorry, didn't realize it was today when I posted this. It's supposed to happen tonight, Wednesday the 16th. :)

VMK_Mouse
04-16-2008, 09:56 AM
......Telling my and Bob's story about meeting in VMK and eventually getting married may be not a great way to promote the safety of VMK for kids.

I too would be uber careful about that. ;)

AmberDaze
04-16-2008, 12:59 PM
Update: The reporter is scheduled to visit my friend and her kids in her home tomorrow (Thursday, 4/17) at 4pm. She doesn't think it will air at this time, since they usually do some editing. Maybe it'lll air tomorrow night, or the next morning...? If I find out anything more, I'll post it here. :goodvibes

dawnita
04-16-2008, 02:54 PM
Update: The reporter is scheduled to visit my friend and her kids in her home tomorrow (Thursday, 4/17) at 4pm. She doesn't think it will air at this time, since they usually do some editing. Maybe it'lll air tomorrow night, or the next morning...? If I find out anything more, I'll post it here. :goodvibes

Thanks for the fyi:goodvibes

redshoe
04-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Thanks, Days...for some reason, I'm really excited about this one!

taz
04-16-2008, 03:46 PM

H00RAY!

TrueBlueFairy
04-16-2008, 08:39 PM
Hi all, wish me luck! I am the one who is having the news crew out. Tomorrow at 4 it is! I hope we do VMK proud..My kids are SO excited! Woot!

Long live VMK! :wizard:

cteddiesgirl
04-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Woot! Good luck and get the word out! :goodvibes

AmberDaze
04-16-2008, 08:48 PM
Hi all, wish me luck! I am the one who is having the news crew out. Tomorrow at 4 it is! I hope we do VMK proud..My kids are SO excited! Woot!

Yay! You made it to the thread! Woot! You go girl! :thumbsup2 :hug:

disvaclub92
04-16-2008, 08:51 PM
:goodvibes Good Luck to you and the kids!!! :goodvibes

awesomepatty-cake
04-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Good Luck tomorrow - Thanks for offering your help - We appreciate it!

redshoe
04-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Go, TrueBlueFairy!! I've been thinking about you all day (nice to put a name with the...uh...thought!), and I'm 100% behind you and your kiddoes! :cheer2:

Thank you so, so much for taking the time to do this. It means a lot to so many of us!

Panda
04-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Good luck and best wishes in the interview.
Hugs to you and your family for doing this for all of us! :grouphug:
Thank you! :goodvibes

souper
04-16-2008, 09:17 PM

Still catching up on the posts...but Woot!

BlueSneakerGal
04-16-2008, 09:30 PM

w00t! Thanks TrueBlueFairy! And I can't even imagine how excited you and your kids are! TY so much for your efforts to keep VMK alive! :goodvibes I'm sure you'll all do a great job. Just be yourselves! VMKers!! :cheer2: :cheer2: I'm sure you'll do us proud!!

cyre
04-16-2008, 09:34 PM

woooot fairy!! So proud of you guys for volunteering to do this! :hug:

TrueBlueFairy
04-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Thanks to all of you for the encouraging words! I love you all! Big hugs all around and I will keep you posted on tomorrow's events!
:wizard:

aengus
04-16-2008, 09:38 PM
I am so looking forward to hearing about and hopefully seeing this. Thank you so much for doing it, and we are all rooting for you.

Thank you so much :)

Chedstro
04-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Thank you thank you for being so much more brave than me!:worship: I really think that having kids is a huge advantage.

I'm sure you will all come through like the troopers you are :hug:

Tampa
04-16-2008, 09:51 PM
I'd try to bring a Tampa news crew to my pad, but the rats would trip them and the roaches would steal their wallets. :confused3

Jabs33
04-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Thanks so much!! This is such a great thing you are doing! A lot of people are behind your family 100%. Good Luck tomorrow!! :tinker:

teriyaki
04-16-2008, 11:38 PM

Hi True Blue Fairy, Smackeralchick here. My whole family is so excited for you all, and wish you woot luck. :dance3: What is the station name? Woot-woot-hooray for VMK!:cheer2:

Smackeralchick

Goofy05
04-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Woot! Good luck with the interview and again, thanks so much for putting yourself on the line for all of us who can't be there. That is amazing!

AmberDaze
04-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Update: Fairy has asked if I would have a room set up at 4pm EST today, and title it "Save VMK" or something like that. She wants to put her little Fairy into that room. It so happens that Monkey is home sick today, so I will be here to get on at that time. She would like a few people already in the room so the reporter can see all that we have to say, and so they can take a screen shot.

Fairy mentioned opening my Amusement Place, since this is one of the rooms that she remembers me having. Although, if someone has any other suggestions, please do share. :)

aengus
04-17-2008, 11:08 AM
I think this is a very cool idea! Just remind anyone who goes in there to be very careful with breaking the vmk values! Not only could it get a ban since its being planned on the boards, but how hypocritical it could look saying what a safe environment it is if someone were to break the rules.

Excellent idea :thumbsup2

Dream Flower
04-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Hi Days,
Great idea! Is it at 4 VMK time or another time zone?
I hope Monkey feels better quickly. - hugs -

~DreamTulip

AmberDaze
04-17-2008, 11:29 AM
OOps.i -- forgot to mention, heh. It's 4pm EST...1pm VMK time. I will be quick to boot anyone who doesn't belong, heh...

MomsGoneGoofy
04-17-2008, 11:36 AM

:woohoo: Good Luck :woohoo:

And thank you for doing this :goodvibes

AmberDaze
04-17-2008, 11:52 AM
LATEST UPDATE: The TV news story with Fairy just got bumped back until next Tuesday at 4pm EST. Heh, it got bumped for a story about the 911 system going down. Gosh!

Will keep you all posted. :)

cyre
04-17-2008, 12:10 PM
LATEST UPDATE: The TV news story with Fairy just got bumped back until next Tuesday at 4pm EST. Heh, it got bumped for a story about the 911 system going down. Gosh!

Silly 911 system. gosh. like it's important or something :lmao:

Tuesday is Aprill 22. A month from our first day without VMK. Was talking to Fairy about this...could make for an interesting angle... 'today my kids have lost some magic in their lives' or somethign to that point... :confused3 could work.

teriyaki
04-17-2008, 01:15 PM

Can't believe a minor story like that could bump our story of thousands of tiny cute people being eradicated forever, lol. :rolleyes1 As a matter of fact, I see our story as somewhat of a 911 story in itself.;)

Smackeralchick

StarShinebelle
04-17-2008, 01:37 PM
:hug: Hi True
When I first read this thread i thought of you. Bless you for being able to do this. Hugs to my friend:hug:
Save VMK !!

princess: :rotfl: :wizard:

Amber_Kait
04-17-2008, 03:11 PM
wow, first of all thanks so much,fairy, for doing this for us. we're all going to be so proud of you and your family im sure! :) hugs

next tuesday?! goshh. i don't want to wait a entire week :|
hehhh. awww i'll be at practice at 4 ): oh well.
best of luck everyone :)

hogwartsdropout
04-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Good luck everyone!:wizard:

TrueBlueFairy
04-17-2008, 07:25 PM
Hey there VMK family! Yeah, can you beleive it....911 system...who needs that anyway. oh well. Gives me a couple more days to clean the junk away from the computer room! They said they wanted to interview the parent and the kids in a VMK family. My son is Gymnast _Dude on VMK and my daughter is Little_Skeeter_bug. It would be really cool to have some ppl give a friendly VMK wave to the news camera guy ;). Hopefully, she wont cancel out on me agian next Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed! :wizard:

AmberDaze
04-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Fingers crossed!! :thumbsup2

SweetTinkerbelle
04-17-2008, 08:15 PM
I just want to say thanks so much for getting this all together and doing this for all of the VMK addicts. :D
I use VMK to talk to my cousin Taylor who lives in another state than I do, and we'd be very upset if VMK got closed down! So this really makes me feel like there might be an teeny weeny bit of hope!
When this actually hits the news, will someone record it and put it on YouTube? I'd love to see it and send it to my cousin.
~Tink

fantasymooma
04-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Hey there VMK family! Yeah, can you beleive it....911 system...who needs that anyway. oh well. Gives me a couple more days to clean the junk away from the computer room! They said they wanted to interview the parent and the kids in a VMK family. My son is Gymnast _Dude on VMK and my daughter is Little_Skeeter_bug. It would be really cool to have some ppl give a friendly VMK wave to the news camera guy ;). Hopefully, she wont cancel out on me agian next Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed! :wizard:

Yay Fairy! Three Woots to you for doing the interview!

Can't wait to hear about it! I will definatly try and be in the room when the camera is rolling! Just have to make sure they get fantasy's "good side". :goodvibes

Thanks for all the Updates too. ;)

Bugdozer
04-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Yay Fairy! Three Woots to you for doing the interview!

Can't wait to hear about it! I will definatly try and be in the room when the camera is rolling! Just have to make sure they get fantasy's "good side". :goodvibes

Thanks for all the Updates too. ;)

Let us know when and Ink can be there hugs for all you are doing.

Bug

taz
04-17-2008, 10:13 PM
Pssssh! 911 over VMK???? :laughing:

Vary
04-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Is this still on? Anyone know?

redshoe
04-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Wondering the same thing!

AmberDaze
04-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Just talked to Fairy -- unfortunately, another breaking story came up for today, so they had to cancel it. And due to scheduling conflicts the rest of this week, they are pushing it back to next week. Ah well... :sad2:

You can't stop real life from happening, but virtual lives can drop in a heartbeat... *sigh*

redshoe
04-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Just talked to Fairy -- unfortunately, another breaking story came up for today, so they had to cancel it. And due to scheduling conflicts the rest of this week, they are pushing it back to next week. Ah well... :sad2:

You can't stop real life from happening, but virtual lives can drop in a heartbeat... *sigh*

It's ok...keep us posted!

This might not actually be a bad thing. It's good to space the stories out a little bit, and keep it fresh in people's minds. :)

MomsGoneGoofy
04-23-2008, 12:20 PM
This might not actually be a bad thing. It's good to space the stories out a little bit, and keep it fresh in people's minds. :)

Good point. So glad they are still interested in doing the story :goodvibes

AmberDaze
04-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Bumping....no news yet, but I'll see if I can find out something tomorrow. :)

redshoe
04-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Thanks, Days!

AmberDaze
04-30-2008, 12:16 PM
News crew is coming at 4pm EST today! Woot! Good luck Fairy! :hug: :hug:

cteddiesgirl
04-30-2008, 01:02 PM
News crew is coming at 4pm EST today! Woot! Good luck Fairy! :hug: :hug:

Woot! :goodvibes

Good luck! Hopefully nothing "more newsworthy" comes up today. :goodvibes

redshoe
04-30-2008, 01:46 PM
Hooray!!

I can be around then, and would be happy to lend a friendly (avatar) face. Just tell me where to be!

aengus
04-30-2008, 01:52 PM
woot! Great news!

fantasymooma
04-30-2008, 02:55 PM
Woot! Great to hear that they are still covering it! Can't wait to hear how it all went!!

I might stop by in the room if I can find it. :goodvibes

Good Luck Fairy! pixiedust:

AmberDaze
04-30-2008, 04:36 PM
It's done, woot! It's going to air tonight at 9pm. Here's the website (it should be here later today as well):

http://www.cfnews13.com/

fantasymooma
04-30-2008, 04:44 PM
It's done, woot! It's going to air tonight at 9pm. Here's the website (it should be here later today as well):

Yay! Thanks for the link Daze :)

I had a blast in your room fairy! Thanks for letting me in your room and big thanks for doing the interview on behalf of all us little virtual people. :hug:

redshoe
04-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Fairy, thank you again, so much! It was great meeting you in game, and you have done an awesome thing! I can't wait to see it. :)

Dream Flower
04-30-2008, 05:21 PM
I agree. Tyvm Fairy and your room was lots of fun. (Except for the working "girl" but that's another story...) :eek:
~DreamTulip :grouphug:

whs_singingrose
04-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Thanks Fairy for allowing us into your room during the interview. It was a lot of fun!

Imagineer_Tech
04-30-2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks Fairy for allowing us into your room during the interview. It was a lot of fun!

Wow we were on the interview!! My avatar on T.V - passes out -

WWEDUDE
04-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Umm, dude, as a girl? On TV? :scared1:

Imagine what the neighboors will say.

TrueBlueFairy
04-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Hello My VMK friends! Thanks so very much for coming to my room and waving to the camera! Who knows what will make the editing, but I sure do hope it goes well. I was SOOOOOOO nervous! Jeepers! Start watching for the clip after 9 pm Eastern tonight, and remember...TV adds at least 40 pounds to ya...(if not more ;) )

Long Live VMK!:wizard:

Imagineer_Tech
04-30-2008, 05:59 PM
Hello My VMK friends! Thanks so very much for coming to my room and waving to the camera! Who knows what will make the editing, but I sure do hope it goes well. I was SOOOOOOO nervous! Jeepers! Start watching for the clip after 9 pm Eastern tonight, and remember...TV adds at least 40 pounds to ya...(if not more ;) )

I don't get florida stations though! :scared1:

AmberDaze
04-30-2008, 06:03 PM
I don't get florida stations though! :scared1:

Check the website later, Ill :)

Imagineer_Tech
04-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Check the website later, Ill :)

oh ok!

aengus
04-30-2008, 07:44 PM
I cant wait to see this!

Someone should up it to youtube also :)

Thanks so much for your efforts :thumbsup2

mickeyminnie123
04-30-2008, 08:20 PM
anyone know how much longer until we can see the video?? The suspense is killing me!! :scared: :crazy2: :faint:

TrueBlueFairy
04-30-2008, 08:34 PM
I will let you all know as soon as I see it. Probably wont be right at 9. The anchor lady (Jackie Shutack) said to start checking at 9. It is a news station that rolls the news all day, with nothing but news all day long! Central Florida News 13 -- Unfortuantely I cant tape it...long story :sad1: but I am hoping to get it off the internet later tonight! Fingers crossed!

mickeyminnie123
04-30-2008, 08:42 PM
I will let you all know as soon as I see it. Probably wont be right at 9. The anchor lady (Jackie Shutack) said to start checking at 9. It is a news station that rolls the news all day, with nothing but news all day long! Central Florida News 13 -- Unfortuantely I cant tape it...long story :sad1: but I am hoping to get it off the internet later tonight! Fingers crossed!

yay! Does anyone know a way to watch the florida broadcast while in CA? :laughing: :rolleyes1

TrueBlueFairy
04-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Check the internet for the station...they play the stories there. So far haven't seen it. cfnews 13

MagicMontey
04-30-2008, 08:49 PM
Did you see you can listen to the channel 13 live? Here:

look on left side almost all the way down for "Listen Live"

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/Default.aspx

mickeyminnie123
04-30-2008, 08:52 PM

Thanks so much!! :worship:

CelebrationNM
04-30-2008, 08:53 PM

Nice find! Who knew!?

TrueBlueFairy
04-30-2008, 08:57 PM
OMG nothing yet! COME ON! This is much more important then the stuff they are talking about so far!:confused: ...ok ok i will be patient.....popcorn::

Hurry up!:wizard:

TrueBlueFairy
04-30-2008, 09:00 PM
UPDATE UPDATE!

Ok Ok! I just Heard...The anchor lady called!!!! WOOT! It will be on in the 10:00 hour! YES! That means I can watch Idol until Then...WOOT!

OMG! My nerves!:wizard:

redshoe
04-30-2008, 09:05 PM
Woot!!

I am so, so excited! And I know you'll be great! :)

fantasymooma
04-30-2008, 09:15 PM
One question. Since I am in NJ where on the Website would I be able to find the interview.

Thanks so much. :)

Well after it airs. LoL

AmberDaze
04-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Woot! You go Fairy!! I know you guys did wonderfully! :) :)

TrueBlueFairy
04-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Try http://www.cfnews13.com/ and look for VMK story. popcorn:: I will let ya'll know when it hits! :wizard:

AmberDaze
04-30-2008, 10:00 PM
I am listening from the website in the background... :goodvibes

AmberDaze
04-30-2008, 10:12 PM
OMG the story is on now!!

mickeyminnie123
04-30-2008, 10:12 PM
ITS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! popcorn:: :eek:

whs_singingrose
04-30-2008, 10:13 PM
it's on!!!:yay: :yay:

hdmonkeybug
04-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Just heard it - you did great!

AmberDaze
Wow that was short! Fairy, you all sounded wonderful!! Hugs! :hug:

TrueBlueFairy
:happytv: It Just Aired! Woot!!!!!!!!

MagicMontey
04-30-2008, 10:16 PM
I am not in the central Florida area so I could not see the broadcast but I did hear it. Kudos to you for getting this broadcast - let's keep working I believe we can save VMK !

I hope soneone can post the video.

aengus
04-30-2008, 10:16 PM
it did sound great!!! hope to see it soon :)

mickeyminnie123
04-30-2008, 10:19 PM
did anyone tape it?

redshoe
04-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Where are you hearing it??

whs_singingrose
04-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Where are you hearing it??

from the news website. not sure if they will play it again though.

AmberDaze
04-30-2008, 10:21 PM
We just listened to it live on the website... waiting for the video... :) Maybe other news stations will want to pick up the story now. *hopes*

redshoe
04-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Aww...I wasn't clear on the whole live sound thing. I hope someone can post it!

Dream Flower
04-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Woot, you and your little one's sounded fantastic :) TYVM!
:thumbsup2
Well, at least Disney was kind enough to point out that there are many other games to play at Disney.com (grr). :sad2:

~DreamTulip

redshoe
04-30-2008, 10:23 PM
Woot, you and your little one's sounded fantastic :) TYVM!
:thumbsup2
Well, at least Disney was kind enough to point out that there are many other games to play at Disney.com (grr). :sad2:

~DreamTulip

You would really think that they'd have figured out by now that if we WANTED to play the other games, we would PLAY the other games!

Silly suits. VMK is for people (not promotions!).

Daze, I'm with you...I hope it gets picked up!

AmberDaze
04-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Here's the link! Parents Plan To Boycott Disney Over Web Site Dilemma (http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/4/30/parents_plan_to_boycott_disney_over_web_site_dilem ma.html)

There is a link for comments...

wdwdreamin
04-30-2008, 10:43 PM
I left a comment letting them know what I think of what the Disney spokesperson said about the other free sites. I noticed it said that comments could be used on the air. We can only hope!!!!

redshoe
04-30-2008, 10:50 PM
I commented, too. I wonder if they're prepared for us. :)

AmberDaze
04-30-2008, 10:51 PM
I commented, too. I wonder if they're prepared for us. :)

I think we're overloading their server right now lol...:rotfl:

TrueBlueFairy
04-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Ya know....I never said a word about a Disney Boycott! They didnt put 75% of the stuff I said on there. And By the way...AmberDayz was all over the video! Haha!:wizard:

AmberDaze
04-30-2008, 10:55 PM
Ya know....I never said a word about a Disney Boycott! They didnt put 75% of the stuff I said on there. And By the way...AmberDayz was all over the video! Haha!:wizard:

Like OMG!! ROFL

I was going to ask you about the boycott!! lol

redshoe
04-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Like OMG!! ROFL

I was going to ask you about the boycott!! lol

I don't think the whole boycott angle is so bad, actually. Let Disney hear about a possible boycott. It can't hurt! :stir:

In a way, I actually am boycotting, although not officially. For the first time in years, I have no desire to go on a Disney trip any time soon. Usually I can't get enough. And that's 100% because of VMK closing.

snowgracefulstone
04-30-2008, 11:03 PM
I posted a very longgggggggggg comment, its gonna take them awhile to read mine, lol. :)

TrueBlueFairy
04-30-2008, 11:03 PM
I will get the video from the studio and hopefully be able to post it later. :headache: Let you know when I get it! I wish they would actaully showed more of what I said!

At least It got aired....:wizard:

redshoe
04-30-2008, 11:07 PM
I will get the video from the studio and hopefully be able to post it later. :headache: Let you know when I get it! I wish they would actaully showed more of what I said!

Exactly!! Congrats again, Fairy! :hug:

AmberDaze
04-30-2008, 11:12 PM

You were awesome!! Big hugs! :hug: :hug:

Dream Flower
04-30-2008, 11:31 PM
The video is up on their website now :)
~DreamTulip

AmberDaze
04-30-2008, 11:34 PM
Woot!! Check for the video. :)

doodlebug
04-30-2008, 11:42 PM
Just watched the video and you guys did great!! TAKE THAT DISNEY!!

I also sent along a comment on how I don't intend to let my children play their other online games like Toontown and Pirates that both promote violence in some way!! I know throwing pies is not bad but it's not good either! :) LOL

DaffyPluto
05-01-2008, 12:22 AM
I have not had a lot of time to post here but have been lurking the whole time. I have followed up on on the posts, petitions and blogs out there and posted on them. The whole situation has me and my DD upset.

I am so with the boycott idea. We don't think we can go back to the parks knowing that Disney has only Disney in mind and not the people that support it. If they are willing to write off the very thing that caused us to desire the in park experience then so be it. If your listening WDIG, you take VMK off line and that $25,000 or so we spent with you last year means nothing then fine, write off our cash to.

Universal Studios here we come!

Disney Dreams
05-01-2008, 03:33 AM
I really haven't been reading this thread because, well, I am not a VMK parent in Orlando, Kissimmee, Clermont or Daytona (per subject line), but have been told to check out the last few posts by some friends today. Very nice TrudBlueFairy. I had no clue with was happening yesterday - I think I was on somewhere at 1:00pm too! lol Sorry I didn't know about it to offer support at the time, but VERY well done.

I have to share, while watching the news story, I got choked up when the reporter said something along the lines of "100s of other games at Disney.com"

Do the Disney execs REALLY not get what a great community they have built (and are destroying)? - wipes tear -

Well done TrueBlueFairy (and family).

snowgracefulstone
05-01-2008, 08:29 AM
I have not had a lot of time to post here but have been lurking the whole time. I have followed up on on the posts, petitions and blogs out there and posted on them. The whole situation has me and my DD upset.

I am so with the boycott idea. We don't think we can go back to the parks knowing that Disney has only Disney in mind and not the people that support it. If they are willing to write off the very thing that caused us to desire the in park experience then so be it. If your listening WDIG, you take VMK off line and that $25,000 or so we spent with you last year means nothing then fine, write off our cash to.

Universal Studios here we come!

I agree with you completely, my husband and i go to orlando every two years but when we go, we go big. We last went in August of 2006 for 16 days and took nine family members (children, gkids, and their parents) at the cost of +$40,000. Two weeks before the announced closing, we booked a similiar trip for october of this year. If VMK closes on May 21, I will be cancelling the trip, there is not a single family member in this house that will be excited about going back to Disney for a very long time. We also had a suprise trip booked on the Cruise Line for christmas vacation, its gonna be real easy to change companies on this as well :)

aengus
05-01-2008, 09:46 AM
hope nobody minds but I am about to edit the title of the thread and edit the first post to have a link to the page the article/video is found :)

VMK_Mouse
05-01-2008, 10:11 AM
I don't think the whole boycott angle is so bad, actually. Let Disney hear about a possible boycott. It can't hurt! :stir:

In a way, I actually am boycotting, although not officially. For the first time in years, I have no desire to go on a Disney trip any time soon. Usually I can't get enough. And that's 100% because of VMK closing.

I am somewhat feeling the same way. Mostly because I feel like Disney Corporation has stolen from me.

They never told me that all the money I spent to obtain codes were a promotion. Had they have told me that, I would have never "wasted" my money. The pins are not anything I collect and honestly, they are sitting in a box in my closet. I do not care for them. My hard-earned money is not a promotion. ;)

They have taken something I really love on this earth (Disney) and have used it against me for their benefit and then labled it a promotion.

I tenatively have a vacation planned to Disneyworld next year, but we are looking at going to Universal, Busch Gardens, the Holy Land Experience and Sea World instead. We are really leaning towards their competition.

VMK_Mouse
05-01-2008, 10:16 AM
I agree with you completely, my husband and i go to orlando every two years but when we go, we go big. We last went in August of 2006 for 16 days and took nine family members (children, gkids, and their parents) at the cost of +$40,000. Two weeks before the announced closing, we booked a similiar trip for october of this year. If VMK closes on May 21, I will be cancelling the trip, there is not a single family member in this house that will be excited about going back to Disney for a very long time. We also had a suprise trip booked on the Cruise Line for christmas vacation, its gonna be real easy to change companies on this as well :)

I can agree and relate with this one as well. We are going on a cruise next year (as you can see in my ticker). Originally we were taking a Disney cruise, but we have changed to the Princess Cruise Lines.

My trip last year cost close to $10K for me, my daughter and sister for 8 days. If I decide to go to Disney this year, we are looking at close to $11K for me, my sister, my brother and his friend....and that is before souvenirs, MVMCP tickets and the dining plan.

whs_singingrose
05-01-2008, 10:26 AM
okay either their site is having issues or I am.
I click the link for the video and it shows up with a picture but then it doesn't play.

cteddiesgirl
05-01-2008, 11:30 AM
I watched the video last night and left a pretty long comment.

Great job on it! :thumbsup2

redshoe
05-01-2008, 11:38 AM
WOW, the video was awesome! So much better than the little blurb they had written up on the website last night.

Fairy, you should be SO proud of yourself and your kids!!

(also, I want your gorgeous long thick hair. Either that, or your daughter's absolutely amazing blonde curls. I have serious hair-envy of your family.) :rotfl:

Howze
05-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Our Family's $4,000+ trip has recently been canceled. Better luck next year Disney!

Halloweenqueen
05-01-2008, 11:49 AM
We are about to cancel ours as well. We have a 10 day trip planned for November. I'm deep into planning and I was about to buy our airline tickets last weekend when I asked my kids if they still wanted to go. Thanks to this VMK business no one seems very excited about making the trip.

We are getting close to our 360 day mark for ADRs and I don't know what to do. I'm hoping something positive will happen with VMK, but if it closes I'm sure my kids will not want to hear or see anything Disney, let alone travel 3000 miles to Orlando.

redshoe
05-01-2008, 12:14 PM
All of you who are not going to Disney because of VMK closing, please see my "A New Campaign Idea" post! Disney needs to hear about this!

MagicMontey
05-01-2008, 12:23 PM
I followed link on first post of this thread and had no problem watching the video, gl with fixing this. Smile, and keep doing what you can from where you are. I have believed all this time that YOU, me and who ever wants to keep VMK can, we just need to let Disney know that this “promotion” is so much more than a game. Do not give up now I think we are gathering steam and our message is working it's way to the decision makers.

While I'm on the subject. Some “save VMK” campaigners seem to think Disney is pulling the plug because of funding issues. Well, obviously Disney does not see that increased park attendance and merchandise purchases are due in part to VMK. VMK has brought a small park of the magic into our homes. On a regular basis these tastes of magic remind us how much fun it feels to be in the real park.

Disney has plenty of funds they just need to filter it to where it will profit them them the most. In this case profit does not have to mean financially BUT if they do it right it could DEFFINATLY be a money maker. VMK is DEFFINATLY a money maker! Do they not hear all the people saying they booked trips to the real parks BECAUSE of the magic that VMK has brought into our homes? VMK has "branded" us and wanted us to visit the real thing. Disney is big on branding. And they might have no idea they are disconnecting them selves from Disney fans who … well let me quote directly from The Disney Company 2007 annual report, page 7, letter from Robert A. Iger. “Our commitment to high-quality creative work, a persistent focus on new technologies and intelligent investment in international markets are the strategies we believe can continue to carry us forward. But in upholding the outstanding reputation afforded to Disney name, we must also continuously enhance our commitment to social responsibility and particularly to the families and children who are our biggest fans.”

Close VMK “promition” = loose link to families and children who are our biggest fans - does not make much sense to me.

AlonelyMom
05-01-2008, 12:35 PM
I don't mean to start a fight here, but have you all lost your minds? I use to work for disney, in the entertainment department, and I can tell you that 20 years ago and today, Disney was/is all about making money! Yes disney gives the dream of magic to kids, but they have been about padding their execs pockets!!!
As I have said lots of times since the announcement of vmk closing, it was always about the bottom line!! VMK didn't make them money, and I mean serious money. Yes vmk brought people to the park for cards and what not, but not everyone ran to the parks or bought items, so it didn't make them 80.00 per person per park kinda money.
Disney is for no one but themselves!!! Wake up and smell the coffee. Now yes I'm very sad and my kids are crushed that vmk is closing, but it's all about the bottom line. I've written disney more times than I can count about there park prices and they don't care. They actually sent me a email back saying that I should get a better job..lol See I live in Orlando and can't afford to take my kids to disney, they have never been actually. Now universal has cheaper tickets for Florida residents and there annual passes are cheaper for residents and you pay monthly, but disney won't do that. I would love to get a better paying job, but I'm disabled and can't work so maybe disney should write social security and say raises our checks just so we might be able to afford to see disney in our lifetime!

Ok I'm getting off my soapbox, sorry all, just my opinion

redshoe
05-01-2008, 12:46 PM
I don't mean to start a fight here, but have you all lost your minds? I use to work for disney, in the entertainment department, and I can tell you that 20 years ago and today, Disney was/is all about making money! Yes disney gives the dream of magic to kids, but they have been about padding their execs pockets!!!
As I have said lots of times since the announcement of vmk closing, it was always about the bottom line!! VMK didn't make them money, and I mean serious money. Yes vmk brought people to the park for cards and what not, but not everyone ran to the parks or bought items, so it didn't make them 80.00 per person per park kinda money.
Disney is for no one but themselves!!! Wake up and smell the coffee.

No, we haven't lost our minds, and yes, I think we've all grasped that fact. Very few have been under the impression that this is not about the bottom line. My contention, and that of many others, is that Disney doesn't understand what they have in VMK, in terms of profitability potential, since they've never given VMK a fighting chance at being profitable. Disney also generally likes to give the IMPRESSION that they care about their customers and guests, and the noise we're generating is bad for that image. Which is a good thing.

A side note: if you aren't out to start a fight, it's probably best not to begin with a sentence like "have you all lost your minds?" :upsidedow

I've got coffee, thanks! :surfweb:

snowgracefulstone
05-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Disney is for no one but themselves!!! Wake up and smell the coffee. Now yes I'm very sad and my kids are crushed that vmk is closing, but it's all about the bottom line. I've written disney more times than I can count about there park prices and they don't care. They actually sent me a email back saying that I should get a better job..lol See I live in Orlando and can't afford to take my kids to disney, they have never been actually. Now universal has cheaper tickets for Florida residents and there annual passes are cheaper for residents and you pay monthly, but disney won't do that. I would love to get a better paying job, but I'm disabled and can't work so maybe disney should write social security and say raises our checks just so we might be able to afford to see disney in our lifetime!

I think we all understand this, it is after all basic business strategy, part of the point that we are trying to get across is that there are many ways of making money off VMK. Someone at Disney obviously didnt have the vision to see this when they opened VMK, and someone at Disney obviously doesnt have the vision to see the potential for the money they are losing by closing VMK the way they are. I am not just talking about revamping VMK, I am talking about lost revenue from disillusioned and disappointed fans. Mine is only one family and due to this closing, disney will lose upwards of $50,000 this year (due to TWO scheduled and cancelled vacations... one for sixteen days at the AKL for nine people and another cruise for eight). This is something Disney needs to be made aware of and take into consideration. We understand it is about "the bottom line", disney needs to understand that as well. We do have the capability to affect their bottom line.

BriarRosie
05-01-2008, 01:07 PM
As you can see, I've still got two trips in the works, and I just came back from one recently.

I don't see the point of canceled trips just because VMK is closing. For everyone who canceled a trip, did you all enjoy Disney trips BEFORE May of 2005? If VMK was the sole reason you wanted to go to Disney...well it just seems incomprehensible to me that you will cancel a trip because VMK is closing.

cteddiesgirl
05-01-2008, 01:20 PM

I can assure you that I'm perfectly sane. In fact, I have been told by several people here that I seem to be rather level headed most of the time.
We have all realized a long time ago that Disney was about the bottom dollar.
I even spent almost half of my letter telling them ways in which they can make money off of VMK.

But as stated, they like to keep up the appearance that they care about kids and their fans. In fact, they try to work long and hard on that appearance. If we can convince Disney that closing VMK would be a bad move both monetarily and reputation wise, it can only help our cause.

If you think we're all insane for trying to keep VMK open, then please go on your own merrily way and leave us to fight for what we believe in. :)

As you can see, I've still got two trips in the works, and I just came back from one recently.

I don't see the point of canceled trips just because VMK is closing. For everyone who canceled a trip, did you all enjoy Disney trips BEFORE May of 2005? If VMK was the sole reason you wanted to go to Disney...well it just seems incomprehensible to me that you will cancel a trip because VMK is closing.

I think most people that have cancelled or are cancelling is because right now they are not feeling the Disney magic. I don't think it's really a thought out boycott. They just don't feel like going now because they are upset with Disney.
It's the same as if you always had fun at your friend's house before, but now he/she's done something to upset you. Would you really feel like going there for a while?

On the same note, I have several hundred Disney movies and I'm always watching them. Since the announcement, I have yet to watch one. I've always enjoyed them before. But right now, Disney just gives me a bad taste in my mouth and I just simply don't feel like watching them.

BriarRosie
05-01-2008, 01:24 PM
I think most people that have cancelled or are cancelling is because right now they are not feeling the Disney magic. I don't think it's really a thought out boycott. They just don't feel like going now because they are upset with Disney.
It's the same as if you always had fun at your friend's house before, but now he/she's done something to upset you. Would you really feel like going there for a while?

On the same note, I have several hundred Disney movies and I'm always watching them. Since the announcement, I have yet to watch one. I've always enjoyed them before. But right now, Disney just gives me a bad taste in my mouth and I just simply don't feel like watching them.

I guess I'm just past that stage of grief. ;) I'm fully accepting that VMK will close on May 21, but for some reason, it's not affecting how I feel about Disney. I've gotten past the bad feelings.

GoofyWaterCoaster
05-01-2008, 01:29 PM
I saw Days, redshoe...

Who was that in the interview?

snowgracefulstone
05-01-2008, 01:33 PM

Exactly!!! I just cant get into the whole spirit right now and cant see spending a ton of money if im not going to enjoy myself.

AmberDaze
05-01-2008, 01:52 PM
I saw Days, redshoe...

Who was that in the interview?

Goofy, that was TrueBlueFairy. :goodvibes

HARRYRABBIT
05-01-2008, 01:59 PM
[QUOTE=VMK_Mouse;24847724]I am somewhat feeling the same way. Mostly because I feel like Disney Corporation has stolen from me.

They never told me that all the money I spent to obtain codes were a promotion. Had they have told me that, I would have never "wasted" my money. The pins are not anything I collect and honestly, they are sitting in a box in my closet. I do not care for them. My hard-earned money is not a promotion. ;)

They have taken something I really love on this earth (Disney) and have used it against me for their benefit and then labled it a promotion.[QUOTE]

First of all THANKS TO ALL INVOLVED WITH SAVING VMK AND GETTING IT IN THE NEWS AGAIN. Good job to truebluefairy and kids. I saw the video today. AWESOME!!!:banana:

Second, Has anyone done any checking into filing suits against Disney for all the money they will lose from buying cards,movies, and things for virtual VMK items? Them closing VMK is like stealing from their fans. I know that money isn't the real reason for saving VMK but, It just might be used against Disney to help keep VMK open. Just a thought.

GoofyWaterCoaster
05-01-2008, 02:03 PM
First of all THANKS TO ALL INVOLVED WITH SAVING VMK AND GETTING IT IN THE NEWS AGAIN. Good job to truebluefairy and kids. I saw the video today. AWESOME!!!:banana:

Second, Has anyone done any checking into filing suits against Disney for all the money they will lose from buying cards,movies, and things for virtual VMK items? Them closing VMK is like stealing from their fans. I know that money isn't the real reason for saving VMK but, It just might be used against Disney to help keep VMK open. Just a thought.
:welcome: TO THE DIS!

:disrocks:

HARRYRABBIT
05-01-2008, 02:17 PM
:welcome: TO THE DIS!

:disrocks:

Thanks Goofy. Looks like I have lots to learn here.....LOL :rolleyes1
Title me HOP.

teal-drop
05-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Woot Woot congrats TrueBlueFairy you, and your kids did an awesome job. Thank you for doing this for the VMK family.:grouphug: I'll talk to you later

redshoe
05-01-2008, 02:30 PM

Well put! That's EXACTLY how I feel about it. It's not that I consciously decided to boycott, it's just that I'm not "feelin' the lurve" right now, and I'm pretty sure I won't for quite a long time. Certainly not enough to spend that kind of money on a trip. And I'm with you...I don't want to watch Disney movies right now either. Not because that's money out of Disney's pocket...we already own the movies (and the inferno that they were bought for!). I just don't feel very Disney.

It's not a boycott in the true sense of the word. However, Disney does need to be made aware that this situation is significantly affecting customer loyalty.

Imagineer_Tech
05-01-2008, 02:32 PM
I can't get the video to work can someone tell me why I just get a white screen?

JojoMin
05-01-2008, 02:37 PM

Congrats! :thumbsup2 You were awesome! Thank you and big bear hugs! :grouphug:

JojoMin
05-01-2008, 02:40 PM
I can't get the video to work can someone tell me why I just get a white screen?

I don't know why, but it was working for me. :confused3

HARRYRABBIT
05-01-2008, 02:52 PM

Maybe you need to download flash player or shockwave again.:yay:

fantasymooma
05-01-2008, 02:56 PM
That was short, but Great! You and your kids were wonderful in the interview, your daughter was so cute how could Disney look at her cute little face and still shut down VMK. :sad2:

Again a big Thank You to you and your family for having the news crew go to your house and do the interview. :hug:

VMK_MagicalLadee
05-01-2008, 02:57 PM
TrueBlueFairy, your daughter has beautiful hair!!!

Sorry, that was random.

Imagineer_Tech
05-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Donloaded shockwave again and nothing..... Is it up on youtube yet?

caribbound
05-01-2008, 03:11 PM

white screen for me too.

HARRYRABBIT
05-01-2008, 03:17 PM

I don't see anything on youtube yet. Try downloading flash player again.
Try the link in first post here on this thread. I can't post links yet.:rolleyes:

Imagineer_Tech
05-01-2008, 03:24 PM
I don't see anything on youtube yet. Try downloading flash player again.
Try the link in first post here on this thread. I can't post links yet.:rolleyes:

I Tried everything.....

TrueBlueFairy
05-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks to all who have given me so much support! And also thanks for the kind comments about my daughter's hair :lovestruc ...(but what a pain to wash it!:crazy: )

It was a great experience to have the news crew come into our home, and a real learning experience. Funny how they took the video and
then left and put a whole different angle on what was actually said. I never said I would even consider a boycott...Im such a Disney freak that the thought never crossed my mind. I can understand, though, how it would feel to live hundreds or thousands of miles away and to have planned a trip to Disney to enjoy the real Park and be "in the magic" for real. Spending those "real credits" on a place that broke your heart and the hearts of your children doesn't sound so appealing anymore. I totally get that. They didn't put the part on the news where we talked about the people we know that depended on VMK for support and understanding while going through difficult times or illnesses, where they felt safe and had unconditional friendships. They also failed to put in the comment I made that "we are not a promotion, we are a community." I mentioned the Save VMK today website, but it was also ommitted. She took from it what she wanted, but changed the whole feel of what needed to be said about the thousands of people that will be beyond disappointed.

Anyway, I hope Disney is listening. I hope they will recognize the loss that shutting down VMK will have for it's fans. I hope they will see the many dreams it has crushed and hearts it has broken.

fantasymooma
05-01-2008, 04:03 PM

I never uploaded anything to youtube before (don't know if I'm doing it right), but I am trying for those who can't view the clip off the News 13 website.

StarShinebelle
05-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Hi True

Big Hugs for what you have done. :hug:
:thanks:

I am sorry that they put the spin on it that they wanted through.

Star*

princess: :rotfl: :wizard:

Halloweenqueen
05-01-2008, 04:59 PM
We visited WDW for the first time last June. My kids and I became a part of VMK after returning from the parks with pins and codes from purchases.

We were so taken by VMK that we planned another trip right away. It was a chance for me to see the Halloween decorating, but my kids were anxious for more VMK items. Unfortunately Disney closed VMK central shortly before our trip in October. We still bought pins while there though.

If we cancel our trip in November it is not to "boycott" Disney. It is a direct reaction to how we feel taken by the company.

How can they keep pushing this promotion angle when they themselves said VMK was going nowhere? How could they give VMK prizes through the rewards program and not in bold letters say these items are only temporary? We would not have purchased some of the dvds to begin with, many were for points. Then points were wasted for items that are worthless.

Disney should return our points at the very least. I would also like my money back for the pins we bought just for the codes (we are not pin collectors).

It is like buying a ticket to a show or concert that they cancel. We all deserve a refund.

My kids feel that all their time was wasted on VMK. Yes, friends were made, but think of all the time given to quests and games.

We just aren't "feelin the love" for Disney anymore. Maybe that's a good thing.

I'm thinking we will go to Hawaii with our Disney money instead. Now that's some magic!

caribbound
05-01-2008, 11:44 PM
I'm thinking we will go to Hawaii with our Disney money instead. Now that's some magic!

Take me! Take me!:banana:

Chedstro
05-02-2008, 12:45 AM
I am thinking that a good response to Disney's "We have many more online games for you to play" would be, "So why should we invest any more time and money on your games when you can apparently shut them down at any time?"

I know this is not original but thought it may be needed to be said once again.

DaffyPluto
05-02-2008, 01:03 AM
Well put! That's EXACTLY how I feel about it. It's not that I consciously decided to boycott, it's just that I'm not "feelin' the lurve" right now, and I'm pretty sure I won't for quite a long time. Certainly not enough to spend that kind of money on a trip. And I'm with you...I don't want to watch Disney movies right now either. Not because that's money out of Disney's pocket...we already own the movies (and the inferno that they were bought for!). I just don't feel very Disney.

It's not a boycott in the true sense of the word. However, Disney does need to be made aware that this situation is significantly affecting customer loyalty.

AMEN!!!!