PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use a softsided golf bag cover for a stroller bag?

staci
04-14-2008, 04:00 PM
My dad now uses a hard golf club case to transport his clubs on the plane, but he still has this old leather looking zip up bag that he use to store his clubs in.

We have two mac volos and I hate to buy two new stroller covers for our flight. We have a direct flight, which means they will only be going for two plane rides (down and back).

I tried out the golf bag and they both fit (tightly, but they fit). Do you think they would be safer in the bag, or should I save the hassle and just send them under without a cover?

I am torn - if they are covered, they may be 'roughed up' more by baggage handlers, but if they are not covered, I keep reading horror stories!
:scared1:

Has anyone ever used the golf bags as a stroller bag and how did that work?

LoveKermit
04-14-2008, 07:35 PM
I have not tried this but the Mac bag is like a golf bag, it even has wheels. I don't know why you can't use it. I've just been told at the gates to mark the tag as "STROLLER" so it doesn't go to baggage claim (unless that's what you want). I stand in the jetway and make them find my stroller (that they think looks like clubs). If you're willing to be assertive, it should be fine.

staci
04-14-2008, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE=LoveKermit;24481115]I have not tried this but the Mac bag is like a golf bag, it even has wheels. QUOTE]

That is good to know! I figured if I did it I would use some masking tape or something to put 'stroller' in huge letters on the side too....

Disneyfanatic108
04-15-2008, 09:19 AM
My DW ordered two stroller gate check bags I believe from target.com. They were 13 dollars each have a handle for carrying them and are cleary marked gatecheck on the sides.

karajeboo
04-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Sounds like this would work perfectly! Maybe just stuff some towels in so they don't run up against each other and scratch....

goofygal531
04-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Fantastic idea!:thumbsup2