PDA

View Full Version : how old going to disney

c&k
04-14-2008, 03:26 PM
how old was your baby when you first took him/her to disney. is ther an age that is too young. what about rides, can you still ride them say if your baby was very young.just curious what everyone has done.

SandrainNC
04-14-2008, 03:34 PM
My oldest was almost 4 his first trip. My youngest was 16 months. If there isn't a height requirement, then your little ones can ride with you. My youngest was fine on Pirates, Small World, HM, etc. He did not like Dumbo.

Sandra

moxiecola
04-14-2008, 03:59 PM
The youngest age of out of my 4 kids was our last trip when #3 was 16 months. We rode all the same rides that Sandra mentioned plus Buzz. He was ok with everything. This time #4 will be 11 months...we'll see how that goes in May.

PrincessRora
04-14-2008, 04:02 PM
I was 6 months old the first time my parents took me to Disney (just the 3 of us) and there are videos of both of them on most of the rides, so I'm guessing the one one with the camera was holding me. So yeah. There's not a lot of restriction.

SavannahBetsy
04-14-2008, 04:09 PM
i took my daughter to disneyland when she was 18 months, but we went bc we were going to Anaheim for something else and cant go there without going to DL lol she hasnt been to dw yet will go in Sept for her 6th bday (her brother will be almost 3). My friend took her daughter at 3 weeks old which is the craziest thing to me she lives in NY and flew all the way down here and she said her daughter slept the whole time lol

annie1995
04-14-2008, 04:12 PM
My baby was 14 months when we first went, and I think it was a great age to take him! Yes he won't remember it at all, but we will:thumbsup2

brandylouwho
04-14-2008, 04:21 PM
We took our eldest when she was not quite 3 and it was a great age. She had a blast, but she was still free! Our youngest was 4 mos the first time we took her. Of course, she slept a lot in the carrier or in the stroller. When she was awake she was mesmerized by all the action and was a people magnet (we talked to alot of people because our cute little baby would just stare at them until they looked back at her).

DVCsince02
04-14-2008, 04:23 PM
First took DD when she was 1 (she has been 5 times since). Took DS in utero and 2 times since (he is 2yo). Taking #3 in utero next month.

nineandcounting
04-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Our youngest was 6 weeks, and our oldest (so far) was 18 :)

lclark0621
04-14-2008, 06:03 PM
My DS was 8 months on his first trip. It was a great trip! We skipped the thrill rides, since DH & I had done them so many times together already, we didn't feel the need to baby swap.

Other then that we did the trip exactly as we had done before (with an extra couple of things in the back pack). :)

stopher1
04-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Oldest - 3 mos
Middle - 1 yr
Youngest - 6 wks

They all did just fine - and the rest of us had a blast, too. Touring/getting around can be a bit different, but it was still very enjoyable.

hmacmahony
04-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Our first trip the baby was 12 weeks, we also had her almost 2 year old sister, almost 3 year old sister, and travled with a family that had a 17 week old, and an almost 2 year old.
We had a ball, the babies were great. I know both of us would wake up in the morning, do what we had to, and before we head to the park strap on the baby (sling, bjorn), and both the babies pretty much stayed there the whole trip. They were a breeze, actually all the kids were amazing!
We have very few pictures of them, lots of them in their carriers, but few of them because we wore them the whole time.
We rode almost every ride without a height limit, and most of them we did not even need to take baby out of carrier for. So, we would get in the ride, and just ride with the baby on us.
Actually that trip we did not hit the baby care centers, but two years later we went back and we had 2 two year olds, 2 four year olds, and a five year old, we hit the baby care centers then. But, remember they are there and they are nice, and air conditioned too.

KorieDWnut
04-14-2008, 07:19 PM
My youngest was exactly ONE month old to the day when we took her to WDW for the first time. Look below at the pic in my sig, that is how we went on rides. I wore her the entire time. She was the easiest child by FAR to deal with that trip.

wishtdream
04-14-2008, 08:32 PM
my baby was 7 weeks old when we went last year. She will be 13months when we go back.

Crisgw
04-14-2008, 08:57 PM
My oldest was 3 and my youngest was 8 months for their first trip :) I took the baby in his Bjorn all over WDW and he came on tons of rides :)

ChristusG
04-14-2008, 09:56 PM
It just so happened that both of my DD's were 6 months on their first trip to Disney. Yes, they both went on almost all the rides. Of course, we didnt ride any of the Mountains or anything.

Mom2JoeyandBen
04-15-2008, 09:14 AM
My oldest was 7 months when he first went and he loved it! Our youngest son went when he was 2 months. I would have liked him to be older but it was our pldest son's birthday at the time and he wanted to celebrate with Mickey.

bzzymom
04-15-2008, 01:17 PM
My oldest, DS 10, was 2.5 on his first trip and he was really into it. He was too short for the big rollercoasters, but he rode Goofy's rollercoaster and he had a blast. DD age 4, was 11 months on her first trip and she didn't get as much out of the trip as she would if she were older, but she did love the parades. Our last visit to WDW was when she was 2.5 and she loved it. She can hardly wait to go back.

charity
04-15-2008, 01:34 PM
I was 1 on my first trip to WDW the year it opened then We went as a family 2 times a year after that!

Kimi313
04-15-2008, 03:30 PM
The first time we took DD she was 18 months. Even though she doesn't remember it, it was still great seeing her expressions and the excitement. her favorite thing then was waiting for the 11:00 parade, holding her balloon, eating junk food, and while playing in her coke with her had digging the ice out. :cutie: After that summer we have been back at least once a year sometimes twice! I have no regrets. :goodvibes

wlwilliams9
04-15-2008, 03:43 PM
We took our DD at 10 months and we had a blast!!! She enjoyed all of the rides and shows and took great naps in her stroller which was the perfect time for DH and I to baby swap ride the "big" rides. We're looking forward to our trip next month!