PDA

View Full Version : Disney for the overweight!

bellaprincess98
04-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Hey Folks,

Ok, I have to admit, Ive eaten a few extra cookies, and I've had two children. I'm a big girl, not oh my god big but I do have some junk in my trunk, and so does the husband (Although it doesnt show much on him because he's 6"3)

So my question is, am I going to have an embarassing moment where I'd have to leave a ride because the belt or the restraints (or whatever you call them) wont fit? It has never happened to me before but I'm afraid it may.

Thanks.

Bob P
04-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Hi,

This question gets asked frequently. This thread may help you:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1607303

dbenlee
04-14-2008, 06:34 PM
Nothing to worry about. I am 6'4" and have way to many extra pounds that I won't even discuss here. Before sitting down, pull the seatbelt out so that you don't have to fish around for it after sitting down. Disney is very friendly to those of us who are Pooh sized. I have ridden everything I wanted to ride without any problems. I have not ridden the Tea Cups, but I have absolutely no desire to ride them. With your husband being tall, he should ask to ride in the front seat when at all possible (especially Test Track) to keep his knees from getting crushed.

SharpMomOfTwo
04-14-2008, 07:46 PM
Hey - if you want to lose a few, join Losing Weight for Mickey - I've lost 36 pounds..... have a lot more to go, but we are all doing it together!!!! I know I'll be thin(er) by our trip and not have to worry about fitting in a ride.... wow, wont that will be so great!

disneyfool_1202
04-14-2008, 09:08 PM
I used to be much bigger- MUCH bigger than I am now. I wouldn't say Pooh-size.... I'd say Lumpy size (I was a size 32, now I'm an 8). That being said the only ride I ever felt was not large friendly was space mountain- they couldn't get the seat guard to lock because my stomach was in the way. Everything else was fine!