PDA

View Full Version : Please share...

shaunaday
04-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Families, tell me your plans! I want to know how long your are staying, where you are going, what days you are going, what you won't be missing and where you are eating!

I have three kids (ages 4, 4 and 12) and this will be the first time the youngest two have been. We are staying for 7 nights at POR and plan to take advantage of free dining. I have made some reservations already and I am beginning to plan around those. I don't know what EMHs we will take advantage of if any and I think we will plan to have a few late start days and a nap or two built into our plans.

Basically, I am concerned about time management vs. cranky pre-schooler management! :lmao: Of course I have a 12 year old daughter who will want to go, go, go!! I would love to hear what you are planning and what has worked in the past!!

mommy-on-the-move
04-14-2008, 11:34 AM
we're going to 14 days and staying at ASmo, 14 days because we're travelling from the uk so for the price of the plane ride we may as well stay a while! We have 4 kids (from 10 down to 1) and so far we have sheduled my sisters wedding :cool1: :woohoo: - so her batchellorette (sp??) is planned a couple of days before for DTD/pleasure island. We are celebrating both my husbands 30th and her husbands birthday whilst there too. We've sheduled CRT, chef mickeys, rain forrest cafe, whispering canyon cafe, tusker house, a trip out to seaworld and one to universal, and a water park... other than that we're hopping between parks the rest of the time

I'm fortunate in that my youngest will sleep anywhere so we're not working around a baby-shedule.

I'm hoping to take the littlest for his first haircut and i know my sister was hoping to BBB with the 2 girls, my dh is determined he's off to build his own light sabre :lmao:

stopher1
04-14-2008, 11:44 AM
That's so cool for you!! Yay! We went last Sep during FD and stayed at POR - it was great. We've used the FD 3 yrs in a row, but this year we are going for our first "trip home" as DVC members in Oct (no FD - but that's ok).

We have 3 kids, 12, 9 and 4. Our then 3 yr old just slept in the stroller as needed last yr, and "went with the flow" - since her 2 brothers were much more "on the go".

We tried Marakkesh in Morroco this last yr for the first time, and it was so yummy! We all want to go there again in Oct. We did the Chip N Dale character lunch at The Land, and it was so slow that particular lunch period, that the characters just kept coming back again and again - it was too funny!

Enjoy your trip!!! :)

PrincessRora
04-14-2008, 11:48 AM
We're going for five days, althought two will more than likely be mainly travel days as we're driving from NC to FL. It'll be my father, mother, brother, sister, niece and I. We're staying off site from June 13-17. We've purchased 3-day park hopper passes, and made reservations for the CP in MK on the 14th at 8:20 so the baby can meet Winni the Pooh. We're planning on spending some time in each of the parks, but keeping the brunt of the vacation at MK.

Our musts are some of the classic rides: IASW, Dumbo, Haunted Mansion
And then some baby swaps: Space Mountain, Rocking Rollar Coaster
My parents even agreed to watch the baby for a little so we can do Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom.

The trip is to celebrate my graduation for college with a B.S. in Biology as well as my 22 b-day which will take place while we're there. Also, it's to celebrate a new beginning for my sister (not related by blood, but just as special) and her daughter (my niece/goddaughter).