PDA

View Full Version : Disney Pins?

SavannahBetsy
04-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Ok im so confused and this is probably a dumb question but I see a lot of people wanting disney pins for trading, what are these used for?

stopher1
04-13-2008, 09:36 PM
The pins are just another collector's item. They come in all types, based on characters, attractions, resorts, special events, etc. Many are limited editions with only a certain quantity made, whereas others are made in mass quantities. Guests can trade them with CM's one for one, or other guests - but many guests who collect them aren't as accomodating as the CM's have to be. At Disney pins can run from about $6.95 up to $14 or so. Pins are sold all over the "world" - and the largest single pin store is at DTD, called Pin Traders, and is opposite OUAT and Earl of Sandwich.

SavannahBetsy
04-13-2008, 09:38 PM
thanks so much i will be tring to trade for some before we go so my dd will have plenty to trade, :)

stopher1
04-13-2008, 09:58 PM
:) No problem. Our kids collect them, and have a great time trading with the CM's. Many of the CM's will have "better" pins early on in the day (better being bigger, larger, more expensive or LE). You can also go to the Guest Services desk at each park, and ask to see their pins...they have a whole book filled with pins, whereas the CM's wear a lanyard with about a dozen pins. It's fun.

Aliceacc
04-14-2008, 04:30 AM
Take a look at www.mousepinsonline.com

They were incredibly afforable, and arrived in no time at all. The Grabbag contained a wonderful mix of pins my kids want to keep and ones they don't mind trading, so this should be fun.

iheartdisney
04-14-2008, 05:54 AM
I got bit by the trading bug! All of us have! But we don't do it as a "collectors item thing!" If CM has something big or different, that is what I go for! It is alot of fun for the kiddos!
Last trip was kind of funny! kept finding the pirate cutie pins and thought they were cute, so I started hunting them out. On the way out of the park that night, I saw them sold as a starter set at the pin carts! I had just spent the day finding the pins that everyone was getting rid of!:rotfl: Same for my niece and the baby princesses! But its all about the fun! One more experince!

*KeepMovingForward*
04-14-2008, 06:07 AM
My DD started collecting for enjoyment and fun. Then the addiction spread throughout the family. We've toned it down over the years, but its a nice, fun distraction while touring.;)

SavannahBetsy
04-14-2008, 07:58 AM
we dont go on our trip til September but i am soo excited, we havent told the kids yet (dont know how long that will last) but ive been looking everywhere online for pins lol thanks so much for answering all my questions, i havent been to DW since 2001 and i was just getting out of high school then so i feel so behind lol