PDA

View Full Version : I was bamboozled!

whs_singingrose
04-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Someone came into my lookng for stitch hat room looked around then said "brb". He came back and asked if a wanted a free chair for my room. So I went through with the trade. Little did I know that guy made his chair moveable before he came into my room and he moved it onto my palm trunk that ws blocking my quest kiosk. he then stole my 70,000 credits!

I've contacted vmk about this.

If you would like the name I will pm it to anybody who wants it.

SnowyJingleBells
04-13-2008, 08:42 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

mikeyandscoobyx2
04-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Wow! I never thought about somebody scamming somebody else like that! I'm so sorry! Can you please PM me the scammer?

Hope you get your credits back!

angelcake170
04-13-2008, 08:46 PM
Wow!!! Please PM me the scammer to make sure I stay safe!
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Hugs!!

Mcat
04-13-2008, 08:47 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

CelebrationNM
04-13-2008, 08:51 PM
First, I'm sorry to hear this happened to you! 70,000 is no joke!

But, I want to be sure this doesn't happen to me and I don't really get what happened? Could you try to explain it one more time?

PrincessWendyBird
04-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Oh Coral! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm sending you a pm. :) Please let me know who this person is.

I am so sorry this happened to you. :sad2:

aengus
04-13-2008, 08:52 PM
wo! sorry this happened... so clever

they made the chair moveable, so whens she put it down they used it to cross the barrier to her kiosk.

I hope VMK will help, that was just evil.

mikeyandscoobyx2
04-13-2008, 08:53 PM

But, I want to be sure this doesn't happen to me and I don't really get what happened? Could you try to explain it one more time?

A Person said, do you want a free chair to the owner. The owner had her quest blocked by palm trunks so nobody could get to it. Then the owner accepted the free chair, but the giver put it on moveable before the trade. So when the owner put the chair in the room, the giver moved the chair onto the item that was blocking the quest kiosk. The person got to do the quest, and won the credits. Then quickly left

SnowyJingleBells
04-13-2008, 08:55 PM
A Person said, do you want a free chair to the owner. The owner had her quest blocked by palm trunks so nobody could get to it. Then the owner accepted the free chair, but the giver put it on moveable before the trade. So when the owner put the chair in the room, the giver moved the chair onto the item that was blocking the quest kiosk. The person got to do the quest, and won the credits. Then quickly left

One tree trunk, the rest are rope dividers ;)

mikeyandscoobyx2
04-13-2008, 08:55 PM
One tree trunk, the rest are rope dividers ;)

Okay, okay. Sorry ;)

SnowyJingleBells
04-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Okay, okay. Sorry ;)

;)

disvaclub92
04-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Aww hugs girl so sorry :(

tinkryansmom
04-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Wow that is pure evil.

CelebrationNM
04-13-2008, 08:58 PM

Thanks, I got it now! Simple-minded people like me need to picture the entire thing in their heads. :)

SorcererDonald16
04-13-2008, 08:59 PM
So sorry to hear this! It takes a mean and unethical person to pull something like this. I remember this happened to someone else here a while back too. :sad2:

Credit trades via kiosk are very risky business. For the time that's left, I'd strongly suggest leaving the kiosk off until the person you are supposed to trade with comes in the room. Then clear the room of everyone but you and the trader. Even then you can't be sure you'll be safe. That's one reason I've never been the one trading the credits via a kiosk; too much can go wrong, IMO. Plus if anyone ever offers you free furniture, either say no or place it in a room set so only you are in it so you can check it first. Only way to be safe as far as that goes.

Hope VMK does something to the scammer.

Goofy05
Wow! That stinks, for sure, but I have to ask...why was your quest running? I never have my quest run for credit trades until the person I'm trading and myself are alone in a locked room.
I didn't know about the moveable item trick. Scammers are getting smarter!
So sorry that happened to you!
:grouphug:

VirtuallyMe
hugs...

you think someone is being kind and they walk away with it all...

wow- the length some people will go to- I guess some people just have no conscience...

where is jiminy cricket when you need him?

mikeyandscoobyx2
04-13-2008, 09:01 PM
I still don't understand why low-lifes would even bother? VMK is closing in about a month.

StarShinebelle
04-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Oh Coral
I am so sorry to hear about this :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

princess: Oh Where Oh Where has the magic gone?:wizard:

JojoMin
04-13-2008, 09:03 PM
I so sorry for you.

HUGE HUGS :hug:

Pirate-Emery
04-13-2008, 09:05 PM

they made the chair moveable, so whens she put it down they used it to cross the barrier to her kiosk.

As terrible as that is, I can't help but be impressed by this cunning. He rivals only the famed Moriarty in dastardly cleverness.

Now if only we had a detective of the likes of Sherlock Holmes to get to the bottom of this.

VirtuallyMe
04-13-2008, 09:06 PM
Thats kind of rude..

Here let me fix it.

I'm so sad this happened to you! :(

Our great moderators took care of that by the time I went to reply...

don't let some random loser get you down...

Roller Coaster Gal
04-13-2008, 09:06 PM
WOW!!!
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Could you please PM me the name of the scammer?
I'm very sorry! :hug:

hdmonkeybug
04-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Wo didn't even know this was possible - very strange

mikeyandscoobyx2
04-13-2008, 09:08 PM
Our great moderators took care of that by the time I went to reply...

don't let some random loser get you down...

lol they didn't get me down don't worry.

I was just fixing it so it would be correct. :scared: :upsidedow

AmberDaze
04-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Oh my gosh, Coral! I'm so sorry someone was so heartless to do this to you -- I know how long you have been saving... I hope VMK returns your credits. Biggest hugs! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My offer still stands. :hug:

AmberDaze
04-13-2008, 09:13 PM
What is going on tonight...:confused3

Mcat
04-13-2008, 09:16 PM
What is going on tonight...:confused3

I don't know:confused3

thesupersmartguy
04-13-2008, 09:29 PM
It is sad to see such cruel acts in the final weeks of VMK. People should be coming together in support, not doing one last big scam.

I would appreciate the title of this scammer.

anya.sparrow
04-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Pathetic scammer. Hugs.

whs_singingrose
04-13-2008, 09:52 PM

the guy came in and looked at my offer, he then left and came back. he told he had a free chair for my room. I put the chair, that he had apparently made moveable before he gave it to me, and moved to where it was sitting on the palm trunk that was in the one space in from of my Kiosk that wasn't covered by ropes. He then was able to complete my quest which really wasn't a quest and ran off with my 70,000 credits.

StephenTXT99
04-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Always do a security task or 2 to make sure. Like say in the task "Go to Town Square" but make the task require you so say something unique like "Yensid rocks!"

you tell the code word to the right person you want to win.

whs_singingrose
04-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Wow! That stinks, for sure, but I have to ask...why was your quest running? I never have my quest run for credit trades until the person I'm trading and myself are alone in a locked room.
I didn't know about the moveable item trick. Scammers are getting smarter!
So sorry that happened to you!
:grouphug:

I was hoping a could get someone in the game to trade for it, but I guess that was a stupid decision on my part.

Amber_Kait
04-13-2008, 10:01 PM
ahhhhhh!! that's terrible. pure evil, as others have said. ):
i'm very sorry this has happened to you. :hug:

Goofy05
04-13-2008, 10:06 PM
I was hoping a could get someone in the game to trade for it, but I guess that was a stupid decision on my part.

Oh, no! Not stupid. Could have happened to anyone and we all learn from each other. The scammers are most definitely out en force tonight. I was even taken for a pair of dreams ears. -sigh- My own fault as I was too quick to give him a pair for free, and then he laughed and told me that he now has two pairs to trade...
Hugs, girl. I hope you get your stitch hat!

whs_singingrose
04-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Wo didn't even know this was possible - very strange

I didn't think it was possible either..

I thought all things were reset to the original options when the item got a new owner? but I guess that's not the case.

Pirate-Emery
04-13-2008, 11:44 PM
I didn't think it was possible either..

I thought all things were reset to the original options when the item got a new owner? but I guess that's not the case.

It took a diabolical mind, twisted for evil! The Napoleon of Crime!

ihavewaycutecats
04-13-2008, 11:49 PM
Aww i am so sorry about this. Hugs to you.
Can i please get this scammers name?

steamboatpete
04-14-2008, 12:35 AM

An evil genius. It's been a long time since I've read about a scam that I might have actually fallen for, but this is one such scam. It's a shame he doesn't put his cleverness to some productive use. What's even the point of scamming someone out of credits at this point in the game?

lisuhut
04-14-2008, 04:32 AM
Hi
So sorry this as happened to you coral, you helped me when i first started this game,pls if there is anything i can do ,let me know,would you plz also let me know their vmk name,so my grandson and i can avoid him plz.ty

tolkien7
04-14-2008, 04:56 AM
Hey - so sorry Coral. This is probably the worst scam (and the smartest) I have ever heard of. All those credits - what a bummer. Sending pixie dust your way so you will be given your credits back. :tinker: Good luck!

JulyGirl
04-14-2008, 05:13 AM
Aww, I am so sorry to hear of this.:grouphug:

TinkPinkPoem
04-14-2008, 06:27 AM
Someone came into my lookng for stitch hat room looked around then said "brb". He came back and asked if a wanted a free chair for my room. So I went through with the trade. Little did I know that guy made his chair moveable before he came into my room and he moved it onto my palm trunk that ws blocking my quest kiosk. he then stole my 70,000 credits!

I've contacted vmk about this.

If you would like the name I will pm it to anybody who wants it.

This is pure evil. How could he come up with this plot?!:scared: This was by far the biggest scam of all scams.

The same thing happened to me two days ago but I only lost a tenth of the money you did. I am so very sorry this happened to you.:hug:

FunkyMonkey
04-14-2008, 06:31 AM
Hugs Hugs HUGS coral! That scammer is going to get his booty kicked by me and my minions! I hope you get your credits back, coral. :hug:

To be on the safe side, can you PM me the name? :)

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j239/snailly946/monkey/CUTEBUNNEH.gif

taz
04-14-2008, 06:44 AM
So sorry to hear :(

That is very clever but yet very rude... if you can PM me the scammer, that would be great

Dream Flower
04-14-2008, 08:26 AM
Hi Coral,
- Hugs - I am so sorry to hear about this. That is just so awful that someone would do that. If you need anything at all (seriously) please let me know. Even though the game is ending I have been feeling happy with the way that people are getting along and helping others more. Until someone like this comes along, boo! Please PM me the name too when you get the chance.

~DreamTulip

whs_singingrose
04-14-2008, 08:40 AM
It took a diabolical mind, twisted for evil! The Napoleon of Crime!

Hugs Hugs HUGS coral! That scammer is going to get his booty kicked by me and my minions! I hope you get your credits back, coral. :hug:

To be on the safe side, can you PM me the name? :)

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j239/snailly946/monkey/CUTEBUNNEH.gif

thanks for the laugh you too! :hug: :hug:

Disneychick74
04-14-2008, 09:21 AM
The scary thing is that it seems he knew exactly what he was doing so it was more than likely NOT the first time he did it :(

whs_singingrose
04-14-2008, 09:24 AM
The scary thing is that it seems he knew exactly what he was doing so it was more than likely NOT the first time he did it :(

I agree! I wouldn't be surprised if he went to other rooms later last night either.

BriarRosie
04-14-2008, 12:06 PM
This burns my biscuits!! :mad:

I'm sorry this happened to you, and to all the others who fell victim to this new scam. :hug:

WWEDUDE
04-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Sorry thiss happened to you :hug:

Gosh, they are certainly getting more crafty then "glow-in-the-dark shirt" @_@

SharkMeal
04-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Very pure evil. I would never have thought of something like this!

And 70k? :eek:

Holy crud!

I wish you best luck to get your credits back! :hug:

Also can you PM me the name of the scammer?

llama62
04-14-2008, 02:23 PM
That's happened to me before. As a result, I try to use dividers that can't be placed on. Luckily for me, the person was booted before they could do the quest. I make the quest task a code phrase in case that does happen.

So sorry! :hug:

EDIT: I want to find out who this is! Can you PM me?

GoofyGeggy
04-14-2008, 08:55 PM
My wife and I would like to gift you 40K - we're surely not going to need them before the end of VMK, and would like to help you after being scammed out of so much. :(

Send a pm my way and I'll go to my room with my kiosk. ;)

vmkfan13
04-14-2008, 09:21 PM
Suggestion: Use the explorer lamps, they work good :)
If you want 70K, I can give you it for free.

whs_singingrose
04-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Suggestion: Use the explorer lamps, they work good :)
If you want 70K, I can give you it for free.

yeah what was weird was a few days ago I had the fleeting though I should put my DLR pumkin or mickey tv on the palm trunk.

Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. :headache:

and thanks to some great friends I don't have that far to go with credits :hug:

Blumonkeyboy
04-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Ill be honest, he was a jerk, but that was really clever! I now i sound aweful, but how do people think of that? and how did the scammer KNOW you had a questroom, blocked off, and the chair could be used to access it? HOw did the scamer know you wouul put it in that room

taz
04-15-2008, 03:14 PM
I saw this person or other kiosk rooms aswell... everyone was telling owner about him too ;)

whs_singingrose
04-15-2008, 03:16 PM
I saw this person or other kiosk rooms aswell... everyone was telling owner about him too ;)

wow. he's still trying to attempt to scam others? that's sad.

At least so many other know about him.

Imagineer_Tech
04-15-2008, 03:24 PM
Ill be honest, he was a jerk, but that was really clever! I now i sound aweful, but how do people think of that? and how did the scammer KNOW you had a questroom, blocked off, and the chair could be used to access it? HOw did the scamer know you wouul put it in that room

You take the risk if owner puts it in room scammer risk is almost paid off now he needs to get to quest kiosk I don't put things that can be stacked or anything that things can be put on around my kiosk.

CutieEm
04-15-2008, 03:28 PM
OMG! I am so sorry about that! Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?

whs_singingrose
04-15-2008, 03:30 PM
OMG! I am so sorry about that! Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?

I've had so many people offer to help already, and some have already helped me. I don't need anything else at the moment. :goodvibes

VMK_Mouse
04-15-2008, 03:54 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. Please PM me the scammer name. :hug: