PDA

View Full Version : one checked bag per person is going to be a pain in my budget

stahshee
04-13-2008, 03:51 PM
now that we can only bring one checked bag per person .. I am going to have a problem. I bring tons of stuff for my condo with me:laundy:
Now we have 7 people going with us and I do small duffle bags to fit in the van ( I could never fit more than 2 suitcases and a stroller in the van)

what am I to do. I am going to have to go out and buy larger duffle bags.. Or I can bring 7 carry on's and look like crazy:scared: :crowded: ... also I usually check in the booster seats .. Do they count as a carry on?

dsanner106
04-13-2008, 03:55 PM
I have solved that particular problem by shipping 2 or 3 boxes ahead by UPS to the condo, letting them know ahead of time to expect them. No problems and 7 or8 dollars a box and no headaches at the airport was worth it.

Drew

stahshee
04-13-2008, 04:21 PM
I have solved that particular problem by shipping 2 or 3 boxes ahead by UPS to the condo, letting them know ahead of time to expect them. No problems and 7 or8 dollars a box and no headaches at the airport was worth it.

Drew

what do you use to ship?

ado121
04-13-2008, 09:12 PM
booster seats? do they count as baggage or should i make the little ones who are using them carry them? dd is 5 and dd is 3.

lastminutemom
04-13-2008, 09:16 PM
You can't use booster seats on airplanes. They aren't FAA approved, they either have to be checked or carried on and stored overhead or under the seat.

Depending on how much it weighs, I generally find UPS to be the cheapest option for shipping large packages.

McDISer
04-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Use garden grocers and have them deliver essentials to your condo. I used them and they are worth the effort.