PDA

View Full Version : Save VMK video

aengus
04-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Thank you all for your submissions.

I finished the video. @_@

Check it out here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpu_xatiUo0

Sorry everything you gave me couldnt be used :( If youtube didnt have a 10 minute limit, I would have gotten them all in.

SharkMeal
04-13-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm about to watch it now :)

ShadowKittyKat
04-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Great work! :thumbsup2

SnowyJingleBells
04-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Nice :thumbsup2

LadyTurner
04-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Cool video! I Loved it! It would convince me...

curlee-Q
One word:

Amazing

JulyGirl
All great points covered .:thumbsup2

angelcake170
04-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Woot! :cool1:

disvaclub92
04-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Awesome Aengus!! :thumbsup2

WDWLIGHTNINGZ
04-13-2008, 03:08 PM
I'll watch it when i've come off CoD4. :)

SharkMeal
04-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Fantastic video!

mouseman68
04-13-2008, 03:10 PM
That was great work Aengus!! Great way to help send the message:cool1: :cool1:

IrishTinkerbell
04-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Awesome :thumbsup2

piratesLifeYoho
04-13-2008, 03:17 PM
amazing job here! i love the approach you took with this. and what a great voice for the project :) even if you are from new england lol jk. keep up the good work!

Imagineer_Tech
04-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Look at me i'm so cute you can't just shut me off. :rotfl2:

Nice vid though aengus really got the point across and on that pic slideshow my room was second w00t!!

BlueSneakerGal
04-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Great job Aengus!!

(And I grew up in Lexington, so your accent was a bit of a trip home for me. :goodvibes )

vmkfan13
04-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Nice job!

The up close talking aengus can really scare me. :rotfl:

AstroGigiblue
04-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Great Job Aengus!! :thumbsup2

Padrepride
04-13-2008, 03:23 PM
That was truely a great video. Let's get that view count up people! Save VMK!

PrincessPaisley
04-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Although I wasn't able to make my acting debut it is a great video. Hopefully it will help our cause.

Shadowpan
04-13-2008, 03:29 PM
LOL Look at me I'm so cute u just cant shut me off

Great video Aengus

FlyingPegasus
Great Job Buddy!

aengus
Although I wasn't able to make my acting debut it is a great video. Hopefully it will help our cause.

:hug: I went almost completely by alphabetical order, the last 10 I realized i was running out of time and grabbed some that caught my eye from thumbnails :(

There will be more! I will use them!

fantasymooma
04-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Great Video!

I loved it. :)

bevgray
04-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Outstanding effort.

OneDisney
04-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Wow aengus.. marvelous idea!

Bugdozer
04-13-2008, 03:35 PM
Sigh....

Gave me goosebumps......Hope they see it... WELL done!

Bug

PrincessPaisley
04-13-2008, 03:35 PM
:hug: I went almost completely by alphabetical order, the last 10 I realized i was running out of time and grabbed some that caught my eye from thumbnails :(

There will be more! I will use them!

no worries, and to be honest I never expected to see myself in the video, as I have never posted pictures to the dis (I have always relied on others to do it for me).

anya.sparrow
04-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Great work, Aengus! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this.

Woot!

P.S. I hope all of our cute selves are saved. :rotfl:

aengus
04-13-2008, 03:43 PM
Thank you all for the kind words.

You know, speaking of our cute little selves... You all know what I mean, how weird is it that they are going to shut us off. I bet I could pick out 80% of our members in a picture just by their avatar. To me thats who they are.

SeaSpray
04-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Cape dude and I just watched your video and we're both very impressed. Very well done! And I hope it helps to save VMK. :thumbsup2

Amber_Kait
04-13-2008, 03:46 PM
awww great video aengus (:
:hug:

Goofy05
04-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Your video rocks, Lava Boi! Awesome job!

lizardking
04-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Awesome video. :thumbsup2

KrazyPete
04-13-2008, 03:55 PM
"The year of a million dreams plus one"

I love it. Great work Aengus. And I have one thing to say about the video photo montage... FIRST! :thumbsup2

WDWLIGHTNINGZ
04-13-2008, 04:00 PM
That was great Aengus!

Loved the 'I'm so cute'. ;)

aengus
04-13-2008, 04:04 PM
"Ther year of a millions dreams plus one"

I love it. Great work Aengus. And I have one thing to say about the video photo montage... FIRST! :thumbsup2

yes you were crazy! You were first! :thumbsup2

AmberDaze
04-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Look at me i'm so cute you can't just shut me off....I bet I could pick out 80% of our members in a picture just by their avatar.

Wonderful video, Aengus. :thumbsup2

Belle1997
04-13-2008, 04:08 PM
Wonderful video very touching makes us almost look real (what you say we are not) nope not after this video we are. :thumbsup2

aPiratesLife4Me
04-13-2008, 04:20 PM
My daughter and I just watched the video. AWESOME job Aengus!!!

Roller Coaster Gal
04-13-2008, 04:30 PM
AMAZING!!!!

wdwdreamin
04-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Awesome video! What you said about VMK keeping the magic going between trips is exactly why I play and I will miss that magic if it's taken away.

Kasiks
04-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Well done :thumbsup2

tinkryansmom
04-13-2008, 04:34 PM
That was awesome!!

Email the link to everyone at DIG!!

"I am captain of the football team and I am rich!"

:lmao: :thumbsup2

VMK_Mouse
04-13-2008, 04:40 PM
aengus, that was wonderful!!!

NeonSunrise
04-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Your video was wonderful and spoke for many of us, right from our hearts. The end had me in tears. :hug:

And I "glove" your NE accent - hubba hubba!! :lovestruc :rotfl2:

GoofyWaterCoaster
04-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Ye from around Boston, ye landlubber? Just a little northeast? ;)
GOSH!

You're not that cute aengus! I would shut you off anyway!

I'm famous! Too bad I erased my title from the thing (I dictionary danced:))

PrincessWendyBird
04-13-2008, 04:51 PM
Aengus,

King and I just watched your video and by the time the video montage appeared, the whole family was gathered around a laptop watching. :goodvibes

This was a great video Aengus! You really captured what VMK is and the ways it is more than just a game. The tone of this piece is perfect. Super job! :thumbsup2

awesomepatty-cake
04-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Great job on the video! I hope people are watching them all they are great!

anya.sparrow
04-13-2008, 05:39 PM
"The year of a millions dreams plus one"

And I almost posted the picture of Pink playing with your closet while you were away a month or two ago :rotfl:

Shaymojack
04-13-2008, 05:40 PM
Video is loading now. :)

aengus
04-13-2008, 05:40 PM
And I almost posted the picture of Pink playing with your closet while you were away a month or two ago :rotfl:

I would be willing to remix the video ROFL

VirtuallyMe
04-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Alright- you did it- while I watched impressed with the idea and how the video was coming out- then laughed at the rap and the memories in many of the screen caps- then you tears- I've been resisting those- and they finally fell tonight- watching your video.

Like Belle said- you made us real there- our avatars- got a voice...

It set me to thinking- we have several people who have great stories as to why vmk means so much to them- wouldn't it be neat if their avatars could tell their stories too?

Lava the video lava boy! great job and well worth the time you obviously put into it...

Now we all need to rank it and digg it and do whatever else we can to spread it around and get it seen!

CinderellaWannab
04-13-2008, 06:36 PM
:thumbsup2 Thank you Aengus! Nice job! :mic: :thanks: Do you ever sleep?:disrocks:

aengus
04-13-2008, 06:38 PM
:thumbsup2 Thank you Aengus! Nice job! :mic: :thanks: Do you ever sleep?:disrocks:

May 22nd when the game opens I am hoping to get a nap :rotfl:

Mouse Man
04-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Very impressive! I hope it gets major attention.

Yankeegal5
04-13-2008, 07:15 PM
i cant watch it on my computer and i will have to wait to watch it on my ipod touch but im sure its a great video

aengus
04-13-2008, 07:19 PM
i cant watch it on my computer and i will have to wait to watch it on my ipod touch but im sure its a great video

get a new computer @_@ my video is worth it :rotfl:

BayKid
04-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Aengus, very rockin' vid dude! i have 2 questions about it--

*How long did it take to make

*How did you get the rooms (especially the Main street walk) to be empty of other players??

Lol, nice!

aengus
04-13-2008, 07:29 PM
Aengus, very rockin' vid dude! i have 2 questions about it--

*How long did it take to make

*How did you get the rooms (especially the Main street walk) to be empty of other players??

Lol, nice!

I wrote the script on Tuesday of what I wanted to accomplish. wed - thursday i worked a little here and there on it, more deciding what it would look like, but asked for pics and so forth.

friday took a bunch of vmk footage, most that would never see the video because it had to be under 10 minutes to be youtube friendly

Saturday and Sunday... egad... almost my whole weekend was spent doing it. 8 hours each weekend day.

I bet 25 hours is no understatement. @_@

ETA: the empty rooms. I dont know everytime I walk into a room and say HEY PEEPS! everyone seems to runaway:confused3

Narnian_Princess
04-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Great video, dude. :)

cteddiesgirl
04-13-2008, 07:47 PM
ETA: the empty rooms. I dont know everytime I walk into a room and say HEY PEEPS! everyone seems to runaway:confused3

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Love the video, A! :thumbsup2

sm4987
04-13-2008, 07:51 PM
Great video! I hope it can help make a difference! :thumbsup2

threeboysmom
04-13-2008, 08:06 PM

Cry cry... I never had a chance yet to go through my hundreds of VMK pics to post to that thread :sad: That one is a keeper! :thumbsup2

Off to watch your video now, Aengus! Thanks for doing this!

threeboysmom
04-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Aww, beautifully done!! Wow! :hug:

Don't feel bad, I can't say Arrrr either pirate:

RachelNinja
04-13-2008, 08:21 PM

HAHA, I bet it's because you're too cute for people to handle~ :thumbsup2

Amazing video, Aengus. I was especially thrilled to see Ninja make an appearance! It really made me feel so connected to this community. I'm just one of a huge group. I hope that the right people see this and understand that.

Peri
04-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Very nice and concise video, Angus - good job!

:hippie:

Candlz
04-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Awesome video Grand Master A!

I grew up on the South Shore - so your voice took me home too...

Thanks for that

((HUGS))
Party

LaNenaTink
04-13-2008, 08:53 PM
That was great work Aengus!! Great way to help send the message:cool1: :cool1:

I agree with my buddies This was Very Creative and with all Good points. I love the music hit the heart.. So sad to see it all end but not giving up!

SAVE VMK!!

anya.sparrow
04-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Cry cry... I never had a chance yet to go through my hundreds of VMK pics to post to that thread :sad: That one is a keeper! :thumbsup2

Well, I never had the pleasure to know you and Pete in game. But you were crackin' me up that weekend, with the catz and stuffz. Thanks for the laughs. :lmao:

But, Pink, you did recognize my VMK name when, on the last day of Dreams Moon Phinny gave me the Princess Suite. Someone (who shall remain nameless ;)) didn't know me as DIS. You did. Hugs. :goodvibes

And, we go *back* on topic.... lol

BayKid
04-13-2008, 11:47 PM
I wrote the script on Tuesday of what I wanted to accomplish. wed - thursday i worked a little here and there on it, more deciding what it would look like, but asked for pics and so forth.

friday took a bunch of vmk footage, most that would never see the video because it had to be under 10 minutes to be youtube friendly

Saturday and Sunday... egad... almost my whole weekend was spent doing it. 8 hours each weekend day.

I bet 25 hours is no understatement. @_@

wow, well i believe you put that much into the video for sure, its a professional piece of work.....as for the empty rooms, try showering sometime-- :woohoo:

Chedstro
04-14-2008, 12:02 AM
Just one word for you, Lavaboy - Brilliant!:worship:

1Red
04-14-2008, 12:19 AM
Well done!

:)

rickyratsmom
04-14-2008, 12:26 AM
great work!! Woot hope it makes a difference. Too bad you were limited to 10 minutes, there is so much more!! Make another!!

See.low
04-14-2008, 12:27 AM
Bravo!!! Such talent! :thumbsup2
What a creative way to show what VMK is really about. Thank you for all the thought and time you put into this.
-See (who used to think she was impressive when she could get a picture to post :confused3 )

Pirate-Emery
04-14-2008, 01:06 AM
I had been doing very well since the announcement last week. Very well...

I had accepted it, knowing full well that nothing lasts forever and that it was time that VMK ended.

I supported the movement as I truly didn't want to be bereft of my friends, but I didn't actively contribute.

Then I watched your video, Aengus. Imagine, a scurvy pirate like myself, brought to tears!

What really got me, was when you were talking about the Closing Dances with Walt. :sad1:

That video was filled with just the love and creativity that has been fostered and cultivated by this game.

Aengus, I would be willing to cut up my DLR AP if, come May 22, their hearts were not melted by your video.

(Oh, and thanks for including my picture of the private closing I had with Hula.) :thumbsup2

EDIT: EVERY THREAD I TOUCH DIES! :sad1:

JulyGirl
04-14-2008, 05:16 AM

Nah, the Fairy thread is still going strong.:thumbsup2 :goodvibes

Now, start writing those letters!!

aengus
04-14-2008, 06:36 AM
Thanks again everyone for the kind words :)

I really do appreciate it, I am starting my letters today :)

oh and pirate, your picture with hula is one of the reasons VMK is so important to us. It's moments like that where one castmember took the time to have an impact on 1 person. They keep doing that 1 person at a time, its a big part of what makes VMK special.

(Oh, and thanks for including my picture of the private closing I had with Hula.) :thumbsup2

cteddiesgirl
04-14-2008, 08:22 AM
wow, well i believe you put that much into the video for sure, its a professional piece of work.....as for the empty rooms, try showering sometime-- :woohoo:

It's probably those green flips he's been wearing forever!:rotfl:

Dream Flower
04-14-2008, 09:01 AM
Hi Aengus,
Woot, not bad for a Red Sox fan! Fantastic video, you got skills ;) Thanks for being the voice of so many. Now listen up Disney, we want VMK to stay!!

~DreamTulip

Bugdozer
04-14-2008, 09:22 AM
I had been doing very well since the announcement last week. Very well...

I had accepted it, knowing full well that nothing lasts forever and that it was time that VMK ended.

I supported the movement as I truly didn't want to be bereft of my friends, but I didn't actively contribute.

Then I watched your video, Aengus. Imagine, a scurvy pirate like myself, brought to tears!

What really got me, was when you were talking about the Closing Dances with Walt. :sad1:

That video was filled with just the love and creativity that has been fostered and cultivated by this game.

Aengus, I would be willing to cut up my DLR AP if, come May 22, their hearts were not melted by your video.

Hugs:hug: VMK melts the hearts of so many. Your post touched me. Amazing how we all pull together in this crisis to save our game.

Hugs,
Bug

cteddiesgirl
04-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Hey A.

Is the link posted anywhere else?

Only 495 view so far...

Need many more. :goodvibes

aengus
04-14-2008, 12:36 PM
Hey A.

Is the link posted anywhere else?

Only 495 view so far...

Need many more. :goodvibes

I wrote to Stephen Wadsworth, and the generic WDIG email, and someone I thought might have a soft spot for it.

Its on the savevmktoday.com website and obviously here but thats about it. I dont know if the other sites are going to permit the link or not. I can take a look at them later and snoop around and see what their policy is on that sort of thing.

poohluv2u
04-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Cool video Aengus ... thanks for the memories :goodvibes

Dizpinfriend
04-14-2008, 12:57 PM
I wrote to Stephen Wadsworth, and the generic WDIG email, and someone I thought might have a soft spot for it.

Its on the savevmktoday.com website and obviously here but thats about it. I dont know if the other sites are going to permit the link or not. I can take a look at them later and snoop around and see what their policy is on that sort of thing.

Your linked over at MasterMinds :thumbsup2

Words cannot express how much I was moved by your video Aengus. Giving a voice to your avatar was such a creative way to get your points across.

BostonDisneyKid
04-14-2008, 01:36 PM

Its on the savevmktoday.com website and obviously here but that’s about it. I dont know if the other sites are going to permit the link or not. I can take a look at them later and snoop around and see what their policy is on that sort of thing.

Have any of you spoken with anyone from the timeshare store, the boards sponsor? At a minimum I bet you could have a sticky added to all the board forums which would increase awareness informing the DIS community as a whole of the vmk scheduled closure, the fight, the petition, the website, etc trying to save VMK. Maybe they, the timesharestore, would be willing to add one of the "save vmk banners" to the forums home page or elsewhere and forgo a few advertising $$$ in lieu of supporting a humanitarian cause.

I would also suggest informing Deb at allearsnet.com as she has a voice that reaches 100,000's, possibly millions of people, having to do with all things Disney. Maybe even some of the other larger forums relating to wdw and affiliates would help your cause (if I put names they will be censored out so not going to bother creating work for mods since they are quite busy fighting the good fight) but I bet they would be willing to work with you all to help save your virtual word.

Anyone who reads the letter from the mom about her and her daughter (the one ending with the little girl stating "no one stares at me on VMK") will sign your partition at a minimum and I bet many others would do more if they were aware and just knew what they could to help...

Just my $.02 as a fellow DIS'er (and I am not a VMK user/player but am supporting your cause).

Mnementh
04-14-2008, 02:18 PM
I haven't been on the Disboards since you posted the link, and the computer that I'm on now blocks YouTube, but I'll be sure to watch it as soon as I can access the site. Sounds like the video is amazing!

Rygo
04-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Amazing video!! Thanks for giving my purple haired little Rygo the voice she always wanted!! And I too think I can pick out 80% of the players just by their avatar. Which is one of those "strange but true" kind of things since we all look so much alike.....

I don't believe that for a minute. If I ever see you on I will not runaway, I will run to you and give you as many virtual hugs and my little Rygo's arms can give.

Thanks for all the work Aengus!!!

teriyaki
04-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Thanks, Aengus, for spending so much time on this. My daughter and I watched together and got choked up. I hope all the right people see this, because once they do, how could they refuse to changed their minds?:idea:

Smackeralchick

HowWeird
04-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Thank you all for the kind words.

You know, speaking of our cute little selves... You all know what I mean, how weird is it that they are going to shut us off. I bet I could pick out 80% of our members in a picture just by their avatar. To me thats who they are.

How weird indeed. :rotfl: Great video Aengus! :thumbsup2 It's good to know that even though we might not know each other in game, we'll always know of each other. Let's enjoy the rest of the time we have together! Make the most of each day!

MomsGoneGoofy
04-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Woot :woohoo: Aengus :woohoo: Woot

Very well done. Some basic information, some humor, some constructive advice and the most important, how emotionally attached we players are to this virtual game. It must have taken you a great deal of time and shows just how much you love this game :)
So glad you included the Hosts and staff. They are one of the things that makes this game unique.

CAJUNWDWFAN
04-14-2008, 03:30 PM
very good video Aengus and well said.

thanks! Woot!

MagicMontey
04-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Ty anegus for all your work here, you get an A+! Once again we are proving that we BELIEVE in the Magic! We also believe that shutting down VMK would make Disney Company less magical. Disney movies often show that one person CAN make a difference and that people CAN do anything if they BELIEVE and work hard. If you ever wanted to see if one person (YOU) can make a difference I challenge you to go for it now! Beyond the petitions, these videos, call and write. Don't be nasty, in your letter, express your feelings from your heart. Because this wish is a dream ALL of our hearts are making. That has to count for something! We WILL be making history and you will be able to tell others “look what I did.” If we can spin this cog around (reference to ToonTown) who knows what else we can accomplish!

snshine123
04-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Aengus! Amazing,amazing job. You said it all-VMK to us is not a game-it is our community, it is our extended family! Thanks and someone pass the kleenex please!
iamsnshine

XxCuriosityxX<3
04-14-2008, 05:33 PM
Awesome video!
You did an great job! :thumbsup2

aengus
04-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Stop it you all know I hate attention :rotfl:

Thank you all :)

Evoulie
04-14-2008, 06:24 PM

Woot! Woot!

He's The Man with A Plan (to Save VMK), and he rides Peter Pan.. He's AENGUS!

queenj
04-14-2008, 06:48 PM

:love1: :thanks: :worship:
Grand Master Aengus rules. the video rocks! (and i love the NE accent, I am orginally from there too) soo arrrg to you! Your time and love for VMK shows, and we love you for all you do!!

SAVE VMK!!

junglerivergirl
04-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Hi All,
I was moved by your video. I hope it does something to motivate and further the cause to save VMK! I also put in my efforts by sending this letter to news agencies, Oprah, and others. I hope we can stand together and make the difference.

Dear Sirs,

I have been very upset and wanted to share the sentiments of thousands of Virtual Magic Kingdom players. The closing of VMK gates on May 21, 2008, impacts the lives of many people. I woke in the night thinking of the many people that depend on VMK for their entertainment and communication to the world. I began playing with my daughter to make sure it was safe and not violent. We had such a great time experiencing Disneyland together. We then told my mother, who lives in a distant state, to try and visit with us. We have 3 generations of Disney fans spending time together. After I began playing, I discovered that there are many retired, ill, and shut-in type people that play together. This is their way of escaping loneliness. They will never be able to visit a Disney park, but have the opportunity to make friends and experience the magic of Disney. Further, after our kids go to sleep there are groups of adults who spend time together. They share their disappointment, joys, problems, and anything else that builds friendships. I know of women who are dying of cancer, lung issues, depression, grieving from deaths in their families, children arrested, and the list goes on. One friend commented that she would not have made it through her illness without meeting new friends to encourage her on VMK. Another friend explained that she had people to share her grief after her husband died. We listen and pray for each other. We have built an encouraging group of friends that will be lost forever.

I am disappointed that such a large corporation that prides its self on providing dreams to all could shut its doors when so many people need this escape. I believe Walt Disney would have looked at the benefits to others and would have decided to continue for the sakes of many. He wanted everyone to experience the magic of Disneyland. The magic that VMK provides is much larger than virtual stuff, but it nourishes relationships and human compassion. I have watched the children of all ages comment on how they are experiencing great loss. They are losing friendship, entertainment, a place to be creative, an escape from harsh realities, but more importantly, a way to reach out and touch the lives of others.

I know VMK creators have commented that the game was intended for a short promotional time, but when something is successful, why stop what is working for so many. If it is a financial issue, charge a fee. A fee would be lots cheaper than therapy for some I am sure. They have explained that Disney continues to move toward innovations. But look at what the current VMK is doing for the futures of many. This saddens me that they cannot create other sites to promote their future endeavors, and leave VMK as it is.

I am asking for you to look into this and see what you can do to further the cause of many who need VMK for varied reasons. It is not just a game, but a place where people of all walks of life can be creative, be nurtured, escape, and share themselves in a safe and fun way. You may think this is just a game or not that important in the big picture of life, however I have discovered how important this it to children as well as adults in different situations. Helping others comes in many forms. I hope I can help people from ages 7 to 70’s with my plea to stop the closing of VMK.

Thank you for your consideration on this issue.

wdwdreamin
04-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Excellent letter! :thumbsup2

disvaclub92
04-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Very nice letter!! Thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

aengus
04-15-2008, 08:54 PM
excellent letter! send it away :)

LuckyDesi
04-16-2008, 12:52 AM
Such an incredible letter! Very well said form the heart.

Aengus you have put a voice behind the pixels! Woot!

SorcererDonald16
04-16-2008, 01:39 AM
Wonderful job, Aengus. Gave me goosebumps. Thank you so much for doing this; great blend of information, emotion, humor, and constructive feedback.

And... are you really a Red Sox fan? My dad's a lifelong Sox fan. Braves for me all the way, but I can tolerate a member of Red Sox Nation. ;) As long as you ain't a Yankees fan, you're okay by me. :rotfl2:

whs_singingrose
04-16-2008, 08:22 AM
I have to admit. I haven't seen it yet because youtube is blocked by my internet filter. I will get someone to change it so I can see the video at least once though.:thumbsup2

AmberDaze
04-16-2008, 09:17 AM
I also put in my efforts by sending this letter to news agencies, Oprah, and others. I hope we can stand together and make the difference.

I think your letter is wonderfully written. :)

MagicMontey
04-24-2008, 11:27 AM
Aengus, your video gave me all sorts of modivation to create and post my first YouTube video. I mentioned Aengus in my video, hope you all like it ... I would post the link but I am new to this forum and have not yet posted 10 posts so they wil not let my list the link. Search YouTubes for VMKMagicMontey, enjoy, and send my YouTube link to other friends who need modivation to keep Believing that we CAN save VMK !

(This is my letter which I mailed April 22, 2008)

Dear Mr. Robert Iger,

I believe in the Magic! I also believe that shutting down VMK would make The Walt Disney Company less magical. Mr. Walt Disney did not let money be his only guide - he chose to pursue his dream. Yes, he went bankrupt twice before the age of thirty, but he did not close the gates.

I am a child at heart, especially when in the park, real or virtual. I am a mother of two young boys who is always looking for a way to connect with them. In January 2006, I found VMK on the internet. Being intrigued by all things Disney - especially the inner workings - I logged on to check it out for my boys. I could not figure out why Disney would expend such efforts (money, CMs, servers, etc) providing a FREE game. As an Art Director in the advertising field I recognize the potential of having the attention of around 5,000 players (and their friends) on any given night, at any one time. To be able to announce to them newly released movies and park attractions by simply releasing a new virtual item is genius. After deciding it was safe and that I could use it as a tool to teach my boys how to use the keyboard and practice reading (while taking their attention away from the shoot ‘em up games), I created a character for myself and each of them.

My VMK character has given me a new view on life. When my family faces adversity or my boys are faced with a problem we use inner magic to find solutions. If you are not familiar with magic on VMK it can give you abilities t transport to another location, fly like a bat, dance so fast your feet glow with fire and even switching checker places with your opponent leading to a win that would not have been possible with out prior planning and acquiring of certain magic pins. Going on missions and quests on VMK has taught and reminded us to shoot for the stars and know we CAN do it if we dream and work really hard.

Not only has VMK given me a valuable connection to my children but has helped me make new friends who are truly a community of Disney fans - who support and help each other. They have given me lots of suggestions about what to do when I visit the real parks. I must say, I am MUCH more interested in attending the real parks since I have spent time on VMK. VMK keeps our thoughts on Disney and reminds us that being in the real park is even better than our regular virtual visits.

If VMK closes it gates, it will be a great loss to those of us who utilize it on a regular basis and to those who have yet to find the wonders and life altering experiences it offers. I feel fortunate to have experienced this virtual world, where age, culture, appearance, financial status do not matter. Spending time with players from all over the world has taught me many things and
made me a better person.

On VMK, I have found a new real-life friend, a friend whom I would likely never have met otherwise. When I met her she lived many states away. She is now a missionary half a world away. If VMK closes I will not keep in touch with most of the players I now call friends on the site, but I am certain I will continue to care for and support this woman for the rest of my life. It is hard to make bonds like that - ever! So to have made this one is truly special.

Many of us feel as though a real Disney park is closing its gates. Disney lovers all over the world come to VMK to experience the magic, to walk down Main Street just by clicking their mouse, to play family friendly games, to win credits so that we can buy items to decorate our own virtual rooms, to be in a place where we can dream big. Talk about linking people to the brand! Please, keep this dream alive.

I hope you understand you are taking away a part of people’s lives. This goes deeper then you will ever know. Look at the numbers at any moment while VMK is operating, there are about 5,000 people experiencing Disney magic - immersed in the brand! We are the people you refer to in your annual report statement of the company’s “Commitment to social responsibility and particularly to the families and children who are our biggest fans.”

VMK extends Disney Magic and the Disney brand beyond the parks and movies on a daily basis. It has linked Disney fans, children and families not only to Disney but to each other. We pay to play ToonTown and Pirates On Line, (we like those games but we LOVE VMK) and would pay to play VMK.

Disney movies often show that one person can make a difference and that people can do anything if they believe and work hard. Please let this letter make a difference and show our children that they can keep VMK open because they have been signing petitions, calling, faxing, mailing letters, creating imaginative uTube videos and working together to find a way to get their feelings expressed. Together, I believe you can keep the Magic going!

Very respectfully yours, (VMKMagicMontey's real name, lol)

btw, the day the stock market reopened after 9/11 we bought Disney stock to keep the magic going, today I ask you to and keep VMK going joing.

VMK_Mouse
04-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Beautifully written MagicM. Right from the heart.

redshoe
04-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Fantastic!!

I'm off to write another letter or two of my own.

mouseman68
04-24-2008, 12:49 PM
WOW,

I just watched your video on youTube. GREAT JOB!

I really like the broken heart on the cloud that you have included in your letters.

Hopefully someone out there will hear our pleas and SAVE VMK.

aengus
04-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Aengus, your video gave me all sorts of modivation to create and post my first YouTube video. I mentioned Aengus in my video, hope you all like it ... I would post the link but I am new to this forum and have not yet posted 10 posts so they wil not let my list the link. Search YouTubes for VMKMagicMontey, enjoy, and send my YouTube link to other friends who need modivation to keep Believing that we CAN save VMK !

I found your video absolutely amazing, and really touching. Great work, great letter.

I think if Disney is paying attention we can find 250,000 reasons to keep VMK open!

MagicMontey
04-24-2008, 02:21 PM
ty for the kind words.

I have been striven to accomplish a few really difficult things in my life, just like everyone on this earth has. But on this subject, I am very passionate and believe VMK, as a site (not just a game) can take the magic where it could not get to otherwise. I believe corporate Disney has no idea what they have created. I believe if we can get them to listen to the many benefits VMK has provided over the almost three years it has been open they would do what ever they could to save VMK.

I am in advertising and I believe Disney could make a lot of money by keeping VMK open. They could charge similar rates as ToonTown and POTC Online and release more collectors cards, which pulls guests into the parks. Cards could also be included in DVDs and other products.

Releasing virtual items based on movies and attractions creates a buzz among those Disney wants to reach.

This quote is directly from The Disney Company 2007 annual report, page 7, letter from Robert A. Iger. “Our commitment to high-quality creative work, a persistant focus on new technologies and intelligent investment in international markets are the strategies we believe can continue to carry us forward. But in upholding the outstanding reputation afforded to Disney name, we must also continuously enhance our commitment to social responsibility and particularly to the families and children who are our biggest fans.”

Why would the The Disney Company turn off a site that could make them money while continue to be a great advertising tool? Maybe they need to look out of the box and see that this virtual world community is much more then a promotion.

Aengus, gl on the interview. I can relate how nervous you must be, but since, like me, you truly believe in the good VMK provides I just know you will say just the right things. Trust in yourself and trust in God - he's on our side.

cteddiesgirl
04-24-2008, 02:39 PM
Very nice letter MagicMontey!

I have also included in my letters to Disney on various ways they can make money off of VMK.
It's just amazing to me that their own marketing department can't figure this out on their own. In many ways, VMK should be the baby of their marketing department.

Will have to wait until I get home to see the video. :)

sandwich_boy
04-24-2008, 11:46 PM
really nice video!!!!!!

MagicMontey
04-25-2008, 09:36 AM
ty for all the complements :)

I tried to send you all private messages but I am new to this forum and am not allowed to send a PM untill I have more posts.

cteddiesgirl, we have met on VMK before, good to hear from you again. I have read your other comments for the save VMK campaign - keep getting our voice out there. Kudos !

Did you all read the right column on the save VMK site? IsadoraQ is really doing a great job at listing her and other players progress. I especially liked reading about the converstion her father had with Clifford Miller at Shamrock Holdings, which is Roy Disney's company. That conversation leads me to believe that Robet Iger, CEO and president of The Disney Company, reads his email. Could you imagine the eyefull he must be getting from us save VMK players.

I am writing a heartfelt email to Bob Iger next. I wish I lived closer to Burbank - I would try to get a meeting with him. Maybe I'll leave a message and try to speak to him personally. Could you imagine ... I would be so nervous ... but I wish we could show him VMK and tell him some of the many wonderful things happening here. If anyone knows how to get to speak with Bob Iger let me know. Or if you know Seth "Yavn" Mendelsohn - I'll send him an email too. Wish me luck ! Now I'm off to rip it, roll it and punch it ! lol

aPiratesLife4Me
04-25-2008, 10:20 AM
MagicMontey, after reading what you had written here, I just had to see your video. WOW!! So very well done, well written from the heart!! I am so impressed!!! :thumbsup2

MagicMontey
04-25-2008, 10:45 AM
I just watched your video - a very nice salute to your friends and to VMK !

I could not leave a comment on your video?

But I hope you are still believing, calling, emailing and mailing to Disney. We CAN save VMK !

If you get the time this weekend send a letter to:
Mr. John Lasseter
Chief Creative Officer and co-founder of Pixar Animation Studios
Pixar Animation Studios
1200 Park Avenue
Emeryville, CA 94608
I've heard he might be sympathetic to our reasons to keep VNK's gates open :) Smile !