PDA

View Full Version : Croc Sizing

moxiecola
04-13-2008, 08:04 AM
I'm tryng to get our crocs purchased for Diseny. I got my 3 year old his Mickey ones in a size 10/11. Now my 8 year old is a size 1 shoe. I look at the croc size chart at the official site and it goes from kids 12/13 to M/1 W/3. Is this the size I'm supposed to get?? I remember having this same trouble with my 11 year old when we were getting his last year. I had to take him to a store to try them on. I'd rather buy them online. Should I get the M/1 W/3 size for him??

Ephany
04-13-2008, 09:18 AM
My DD wears a childs 12. Her caymen crocs are 12/13 and fit fine, but her disney croclings are 12/13 and are too big. Maybe if you can find a website with free s/h and free returns it might be your best bet? That way if they don't fit you can exchange them without the extra shipping costs. It's so hard to tell with every style/size being slightly different.

moxiecola
04-13-2008, 09:22 AM
I got my 3 yr old his Disney Crocs at www.DicksSportingGoods.com with free shipping and free returns. The way they have the sizing listed on the site is KIDS 2. Now the Croc site does not list a kids 2 at all. It only goes up to 12/13 for kids then goes into M/W. So I am very confused.

dallasdisneymommy
04-13-2008, 09:32 AM
I just ordered crocs for my kids online in their "normal" sizes, and they're too big! Ugh. Online returns are such a pain, I think I'm just going to keep them for later and go buy some more in a smaller size.

princessmom29
04-13-2008, 09:37 AM
I just bought caymans for DD4 yesterday she wears a 9 1/2 and I got the 10/11 b'c the 8/9 was almost to small. They are a little big but do ok. The 10/11 in the mary jane style was WAY too big. Long story short, different styles run differently.

skmommy
04-13-2008, 10:18 AM
I found it easier to drag the kids to the store and try them on, then order online for better prices.

lumpy08
04-13-2008, 01:33 PM
I just got the kids some DAWGs croc style shoes. They were at Tuesday Mornings for 7.99. I looked at the company online and they look like a competitor of crocs. They usually sell for $25 - $30 for the kids sizes. I also saw crocs at Costco. My daughter wears a 8/9 croc and she is a size 9 shoe. But I would definately try them on at the store and then order online.

goofygal531
04-16-2008, 07:33 PM
My DD wears a childs 12. Her caymen crocs are 12/13 and fit fine, but her disney croclings are 12/13 and are too big. Maybe if you can find a website with free s/h and free returns it might be your best bet? That way if they don't fit you can exchange them without the extra shipping costs. It's so hard to tell with every style/size being slightly different.

This is so true! I bought DS4 Disney Crocs in size 12/13 and they were enormous on him. He's a size 12. He tried on regular crocs in a store and the 10/11 fit him fine. So I walked all the way to World of Disney in NYC and exchange the 12/13 for the 10/11 and they just fit him. He has no room to wiggle his toes! Ugh! He wants the Disney ones like his little bro, but he'll have to wear the size too big! Off to exchange them AGAIN!

Why are the sizes different if they're the same brand/style shoes? Strange!

moxiecola
04-16-2008, 08:14 PM
AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!! So the Disney ones are bigger?? Am I getting this right? Oh man, I just ordered a size 10/11 in Disney ones for my DS who is 3. He has green Caymans 9/10 that his toe is at the very end of. I got them at www.dickssportinggoods.com with free shipping and free returns so at least I'm not paying anything there. But I don't know if new ones will come in time for our trip if I need to order him something else. This is VERY frustrating!

averysmom
04-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Believe ir or not, but the size difference is actually based on the country they were made in.:lmao:

If I can remember from my Mom's message board, the ones from China and Canada run larger than the ones made in Mexico and the US. Like almost a half size larger.

Is it true - I don't know - but I've seen pictures of the same croc in the same size and one is definately larger:confused3

Oh - and a quick tip - my dd is wearing size 10 shoes and her 8/9s just just just fit and the 10/11s are too big - so what's a girl to do?

Throw them in the dryer - crocs shrink!

I threw them in for not quite 20 minutes and they shrunk about half a size - perfect:thumbsup2

goofygal531
04-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Thank you:flower3:

The Disney Crocs are made in China, you're right it's about 1/2 size too large.

I will throw them in the dryer. Any particular temp?? Hi Med or Lo does it matter?

So happy there's a way to fix this!!!:thumbsup2