PDA

View Full Version : September 17, 2006 - 11 Night Southern Caribbean Part 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Hygiene99
03-20-2006, 06:45 PM
Peter our bestus buddy, we have a couple of unused gift cards, where are you staying again :woohoo: :rotfl2: Mike

you know !!! I spoke to Mike on the Phone earlier today !! :sunny:

It was this one (http://www.skype.com/)

Papa, Tracy, and Viking cant be the only ones that have tried this can We ??? :confused3 it also has a chat feature. :wizard:

Hygiene99
03-20-2006, 06:53 PM
OMG.. those pictures are great... I loved seeing the Magic as she came into view... it was our first time seeing the ship and it was beautiful, everything we had hoped and more... then, When we heard the horn for the first time, that was killer, we ALL had tears in our eyes that morning... knowing that we would soon be onboard and excited to meet all our new DISer friends. Thanks for the pictures and the memories. :love:

No Problem !!!

Hear the Horn (http://www.lopcs.com/ssk/Music/Horn.wav) here.. :teeth: :bounce:

papa
03-20-2006, 09:46 PM
Great talking to you Peter. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the cruise. Mike :woohoo:

kpros
03-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Now that the "big announcement" has been made, I'm still really looking forward to this cruise! Darn the Med - full speed to the Southern Caribbean!

Ken

pahrumpgirl
03-21-2006, 08:01 PM
Now that the "big announcement" has been made, I'm still really looking forward to this cruise! Darn the Med - full speed to the Southern Caribbean!

Ken

I'm with you Ken. :thumbsup2 It was exciting :cheer2: waiting to see what was coming but I am really looking forward to this cruise and meeting the Diser's on it. :yay: :woohoo: :banana: :Pinkbounc Maybe we will do 2007 and maybe not :confused3 but we are definately doing this one. :cool1: :bounce:

Carol and Doug

winotracy
03-21-2006, 08:15 PM
OMG Carol and Doug!!!! The Fish Extender is outstanding!!! :banana: :Pinkbounc I got it last night and hung in up in my Mickey room. Other than the colors and print, it is identical to the Fish Extenders from Debbie!! Until I hung it up, I didn't notice the special touch you added ;) I absolutely loved it!!! Once it's decorated, I'll send pictures! Thank you!!!

BobandLee
03-21-2006, 09:08 PM
Hi Everyone... :wave2: When we woke up this morning at 22 degrees, :cold: I told Joe he had to get me back to WDW right away! :rotfl2:
3 More Days for us. Woo Hoo!
A loonnnggg 3 days. :sad2:

Hygiene99
03-21-2006, 09:15 PM
OMG Carol and Doug!!!! The Fish Extender is outstanding!!! :banana: :Pinkbounc I got it last night and hung in up in my Mickey room. Other than the colors and print, it is identical to the Fish Extenders from Debbie!! Until I hung it up, I didn't notice the special touch you added ;) I absolutely loved it!!! Once it's decorated, I'll send pictures! Thank you!!!

Wow Sounds Great !!!!

T thanks for the assist earlier today!
I found the info intresting....

As others have said this is going to be a great cruise.. :sunny: :sunny:

:woohoo: :woohoo:
Peter

winotracy
03-22-2006, 04:53 AM
Ok, today I am going to work at work, not play like yesterday :rotfl2: We are getting more excited for this cruise now. Will try to do one of the special cruises next year, but don't know if it will come to be or not in the end. This one is definite. Airfare is booked. I filled out all our documents online last night and started getting DH to speculate as to what we may do in the ports of call :lmao: This will definitely be a great cruise!!

Tink33
03-22-2006, 09:36 AM
Ahoy mateys. pirate:

I was wondering how many people would jump ship once the BIG announcement was made. DH was interested in Europe until I told him it would be about $20,000 for our family of four to set sail. He was interested in a July cruise to coincide with the Tour de France. I told him we could rent bicycles and participate in the Tour de Castaway. ;)

I was so looking forward to a quick getaway during my kids' Spring Break in April. I am now getting away to the dentist as I broke a molar last week and need a crown.

Hope everyone has a great week.

EnchantedPlayroom
03-22-2006, 09:40 AM
Bob and Lee ... WHERE is Whispering Canyon. I couldn't believe that picture of the soda. I would LOVE that place!!! :banana: :love:

pahrumpgirl
03-22-2006, 09:46 AM

Tracy,

Glad you liked it. ::yes:: It has been fun doing them and will be fun to see how each one gets decorated. :) :) My DH has so gotten into it that he wants to decorate another one. :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 Told him we can only hang one. :rotfl2: :rotfl: He said, "at a time". :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Carol

pahrumpgirl
03-22-2006, 09:49 AM
Bob and Lee ... WHERE is Whispering Canyon. I couldn't believe that picture of the soda. I would LOVE that place!!! :banana: :love:

It is in the Wilderness Lodge Lobby and is a great place to eat! :banana: :Pinkbounc :cool1:

Carol

Scott H
03-22-2006, 10:05 AM

Ken

We are with ya there. We are planning Tanzania for Jan/Feb 2007, retire June 2007 (that is 62 weeks away if anyone is interested) , then who knows. I would like to bring the Magic back but donít think that will be in the plans.

Bob and Lee, you lucky guys will be warm in three days. Have a great trip, I know ya will.

He was interested in a July cruise to coincide with the Tour de France. I told him we could rent bicycles and participate in the Tour de Castaway.

Leslie, I will gladly run along next to him draped in the country flag of his choice, for encouragement, and that evening we could have a podium ceremony where you could give him a yellow jersey and a stuffed Mickey. Good luck with the tooth.

papa
03-22-2006, 11:32 AM
Good moring to all and we are looking forward to this cruise. Mike

icunurse_celeste
03-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Bob- have a great time at the World. Enjoy being warm for us!

BobandLee
03-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Bob and Lee, you lucky guys will be warm in three days. Have a great trip, I know ya will.

Bob- have a great time at the World. Enjoy being warm for us!

Looking forward to it. "I gotta go where it's warm!"
Made up a small poster to put on my desk. :)

http://members.aol.com/robertj85/imgoing.jpg

Think they'll get the idea? :confused3

Mickey&JoshNut
03-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Bob

I hope you and Lee have a great time at WDW...how long are you going for?????

icunurse_celeste
03-22-2006, 09:57 PM
Celeste, BTW, are you still planning a pre-cruise mini-meet memorial day?

Funny you mention this because I just wrote Peter & Tracy an email about this....
I think something will be put together- just probably not at my house, unless a large amount of people decide to come. I may potentially have to do something on that Friday and I get into town Thursday night from California.

I think something will be done- I just don't know what or where. If we were to do Chicago we could go to the Disney store, the Rainforest Cafe, and the ghiradelli shop. If we were to do Gurnee area we could do Six Flag and the Gurnee Mills Mall- which has a new Disney store that just opened. If we were to do Milwaukee we could do the zoo, a museum, and hang out by the lakefront, and there is a great cuban place. If we did Madison- we could do what ever Tracy suggests, but there is a great scrapbooking place and the lakes there are beautiful.

ARE PEOPLE INTERESTED OR SHOULD WE DO IT LATER IN THE SUMMER?

Hygiene99
03-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Funny you mention this because I just wrote Peter & Tracy an email about this....
I think something will be put together- just probably not at my house, unless a large amount of people decide to come. I may potentially have to do something on that Friday and I get into town Thursday night from California.

I think something will be done- I just don't know what or where. If we were to do Chicago we could go to the Disney store, the Rainforest Cafe, and the ghiradelli shop. If we were to do Gurnee area we could do Six Flag and the Gurnee Mills Mall- which has a new Disney store that just opened. If we were to do Milwaukee we could do the zoo, a museum, and hang out by the lakefront, and there is a great cuban place. If we did Madison- we could do what ever Tracy suggests, but there is a great scrapbooking place and the lakes there are beautiful.

Ask me on April 4th :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

winotracy
03-23-2006, 05:18 AM
Ask me on April 4th :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

It's all about the 4th, isn't it :sad2: :sad2:

Celeste, we got a new scrapbooking store recently. Pretty nice! Bill said we could have something at our house or there's always one of the parks on the lake, the famous Farmer's Market or the zoo (which is next to a park on the lake). Lots of options all around!!

webray
03-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Hi Everybody,

Well Bob and I have decided to join you all on this cruise. Just booked and we can't wait to see you all again.

Cheryl

ps...Bob and Lee, we will see you this weekend! Have a safe trip!

Scott H
03-23-2006, 02:34 PM
What else can we say but KEWL!!!!! :thumbsup2

pahrumpgirl
03-23-2006, 03:21 PM

Celeste,

Doug and I would definately be interested. :banana: :Pinkbounc It doesn't really matter where because I have a brother in Medinah, outside of Chicago and we have a daughter about 30 minutes west of Madison. If given enough notice we will turn this into a vacation and visit family too. :moped: :grouphug:

Carol

Hygiene99
03-23-2006, 04:35 PM
Hi Everybody,

Well Bob and I have decided to join you all on this cruise. Just booked and we can't wait to see you all again.

Cheryl

ps...Bob and Lee, we will see you this weekend! Have a safe trip!

Welcome aboard Cheryl & Bob :banana: :banana:
Great Neighbors Last Cruise !!!! pirate:

I have sent you a PM. :wizard:

Mickey&JoshNut
03-23-2006, 04:57 PM
Did you guys happen to hear about the fire onboard the Star Princess cruise ship today....

Here's a link to the story and a picture....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11975460/

EnchantedPlayroom
03-24-2006, 11:53 AM
Boy, I've been gone for a while...
Pahrumpgirl - Thank you so much for the fish extenders. :wave2: I feel so in the loop now!!! :cool1: :banana: They look great. You must have worked very hard on them. How sweet of you to go to such lengths. :goodvibes Thank you. :grouphug:

EnchantedPlayroom
03-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Hygiene - I sent you a PM a while back. Hope you got it. :jumping1:

sandysplayhouse
03-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Carol...
OMG... I just received my beautiful Fish Extenders...

:thumbsup2 CUDOS on such a great job. They are beautiful.

You really should think about putting these on EBAY, you could make some big bucks... I know they would sell quickly and you would be deep in orders expecially if you would put a link on the Disboards to a picture of one of your creations... EVERYONE will want one.

Cudo's and again THANK YOU so much! :love:

pahrumpgirl
03-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Carol...
OMG... I just received my beautiful Fish Extenders...

:thumbsup2 CUDOS on such a great job. They are beautiful.

You really should think about putting these on EBAY, you could make some big bucks... I know they would sell quickly and you would be deep in orders expecially if you would put a link on the Disboards to a picture of one of your creations... EVERYONE will want one.

Cudo's and again THANK YOU so much! :love:

Sandy and Brandy,

Glad you liked the "fish extenders". :) It is Doug's and my pleasure to do them. :goodvibes I think I will wait and see how many I make for our cruise before I start thinking about ebay. :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: Can't wait to see how you decorate yours.

Carol

Rockolamamma
03-24-2006, 12:40 PM
If I were to start thinking about gifts for each DIS Stateroom, how many should I estimate?

Does everybody hang a little note from their 'gift' so that we will know who it's from?

sandysplayhouse
03-24-2006, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=Rockolamamma]If I were to start thinking about gifts for each DIS Stateroom, how many should I estimate?

yeah.. me too, me too, does someone have a running count of the DISers onboard yet... and how many kids and their ages? how many princesses and how many pirates?

Hygiene99
03-24-2006, 05:38 PM
[QUOTE=Rockolamamma]If I were to start thinking about gifts for each DIS Stateroom, how many should I estimate?

yeah.. me too, me too, does someone have a running count of the DISers onboard yet... and how many kids and their ages? how many princesses and how many pirates?

As of Right now, there are aprox. 168 people !
I seem to have a pretty good handle on who has Switched to the 10 night or canceled this cruise..
The Roster is not updated. :wizard:

About 70 cabins pirate:

Brandy Enjoy!! we got the Pm.

Tink33
03-24-2006, 05:45 PM
I hope everyone is doing well.

I thought I would post a link to the Pirates Disneyland Meet I am organizing. Anyone want to try to get up close to our favorite celebrity pirates during the red carpet arrivals of the POC 2 Movie? pirate:

June 24, 2006 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1065942)

sandysplayhouse
03-24-2006, 07:50 PM

I thought I would post a link to the Pirates Disneyland Meet I am organizing. Anyone want to try to get up close to our favorite celebrity pirates during the red carpet arrivals of the POC 2 Movie? pirate:

Count me in... my hubby and I will be there.

winotracy
03-24-2006, 08:15 PM

Lesley, let me know if you want that added to the next newsletter...next week. If anyone has anything else to add to the newsletter, let me know by next Thursday. Thanks!

bonzie1
03-24-2006, 08:17 PM

Oh Lesley! The mini December meet with the candlelight processional was such fun... I'd LOVE to join you guys, in June but I just checked the airfare from NJ... Weekends are blacked out! AAARRRGGG!!! Give Johnny Depp a BIG hug for me okay!!! pirate: (make that 2 BIG hugs!) :faint:

BobandLee
03-24-2006, 11:00 PM
?QUESTIONS? :confused3

If you are visiting EPCOT, on a one-park pass, can you take the monorail to the Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian or Polynisian Resort to shop and or eat?

Seem to remember about some item at is exclusive to the Contemporary. Would anyone know what that possibly could be?

Thanx

EpcotKilterFan
03-24-2006, 11:03 PM
?QUESTIONS? :confused3

If you are visiting EPCOT, on a one-park pass, can you take the monorail to the Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian or Polynisian Resort to shop and or eat?

Seem to remember about some item at is exclusive to the Contemporary. Would anyone know what that possibly could be?

Thanx
Yes you can! It is a great way to see it all!!

While in Epcot, stop in Canada and say Hi to Off Kilter :woohoo:

Have fun!

Debbie

Scott H
03-25-2006, 07:52 PM
As of Right now, there are aprox. 168 people !
I seem to have a pretty good handle on who has Switched to the 10 night or canceled this cruise..
The Roster is not updated.

About 70 cabins

I would have guesed more, :confused3 :confused3

Note Walmart stock wil be up on Monday after our shopping trip today. :lmao: :lmao:

Cindi0511
03-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Hey, y'all!

We look forward to being on this cruise. We were booked on the 10-day Christmas cruise when this came out, and it lured us away with its choice of ports. :goodvibes Anyway, it will be myself, DH, DD5, DD2, DM, DSis, DBIL and DN, who turns 2 on the cruise. We can't wait!

We have been lurking for a while, and thanks to whoever posted that they received a Florida resident rate -- you saved us over $1,000! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now we're trying to find out about the fish extenders, newsletters, etc. We've got no info at all about excursions, and we really are looking forward to some great info. Thanks so much for all the help!

Hygiene99
03-26-2006, 07:06 AM
Hey, y'all!

We look forward to being on this cruise. We were booked on the 10-day Christmas cruise when this came out, and it lured us away with its choice of ports. :goodvibes Anyway, it will be myself, DH, DD5, DD2, DM, DSis, DBIL and DN, who turns 2 on the cruise. We can't wait!

We have been lurking for a while, and thanks to whoever posted that they received a Florida resident rate -- you saved us over $1,000! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now we're trying to find out about the fish extenders, newsletters, etc. We've got no info at all about excursions, and we really are looking forward to some great info. Thanks so much for all the help!

Scott make about 72 :lmao:

Good morning , and Welcome abouard.
I have sent you a private message !! :woohoo: :woohoo: :cheer2:

Scott H
03-26-2006, 08:45 AM
Got it Peter, and I think it ain't over yet. :lmao: :lmao: :woohoo:

Cindi0511 , Welcome aboard, glad to have you and your merry crew with us.

Jump in ask away, contribute away etc etc etc.

Peter's PM will fill ya in.

glindamood
03-26-2006, 09:49 AM
Hello everyone! Still about a foot of snow on the ground in my yard but it is shrinking - come on SPRING!!!

Welcome to all our new cruisers :wave2: we are going to have a great time!

Scott - glad to see that you are on the mend. Take it easy and follow the doctor's orders for your recovery - pushing too hard is not a good thing.

I am keeping a list for the newsletter for those signed up to take Eli's Eco Tour in Antigua so please let me know if you have made a reservation or are even thinking about it or have any questions. DH and I took this tour in 2004 and had such a good time we have decided to to it again.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

winotracy
03-26-2006, 09:53 AM
Hello everyone! Still about a foot of snow on the ground in my yard but it is shrinking - come on SPRING!!!

Welcome to all our new cruisers :wave2: we are going to have a great time!

Scott - glad to see that you are on the mend. Take it easy and follow the doctor's orders for your recovery - pushing too hard is not a good thing.

I am keeping a list for the newsletter for those signed up to take Eli's Eco Tour in Antigua so please let me know if you have made a reservation or are even thinking about it or have any questions. DH and I took this tour in 2004 and had such a good time we have decided to to it again.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

This was an outstanding excursions that we did a couple years ago. What made it more fun was all but two people on our excursion were DISboarders. Eli's now offers two tours: Eli's Eco-Tour and the Extreme CircumNav. Both look great!!

Scott H
03-26-2006, 10:14 AM

Shrinking snow , boy I wish that was the case, we are getting a light snow this morning.

seaulater
03-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Shrinking snow , boy I wish that was the case, we are getting a light snow this morning.

70 degrees yesterday here in Salt Lake City. Started getting cold front sent by Ken and Shari in California last night which they warned me about yesterday on the phone since it had been raining in California.

....................woke up this morning to 4 INCHES OF SNOW!

Debated about going back to bed, but have too much to do!

Linda

Suecot2000
03-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Howdy All:
I'm not much of a "poster" I'm more of a "lurker", so please forgive me...but I have a queaiton.

Does anyone have the WDW CD that has the parade version of "Remember the Magic" as one of it's tracks? I'm trying to get a copy to replace it for a friend. Please, pm me if you do.

I need to start some planning this cruise is starting to creep up on me.

Thanks much and HELLO to everyone!
Sue

Keggy
03-26-2006, 06:07 PM
Well, life has gotten in the way and it looks like we won't be able to do the 11 night this go around. We are doing the 4 night over Halloween instead. Not nearly the same - but at least we are cruising on DCL this year.

Happy cruising to everyone - I have enjoyed the chance to chat with some of you! Look me up on your next trip to Orlando!

Kelly :sunny:

Hygiene99
03-26-2006, 07:12 PM
Well, life has gotten in the way and it looks like we won't be able to do the 11 night this go around. We are doing the 4 night over Halloween instead. Not nearly the same - but at least we are cruising on DCL this year.

Happy cruising to everyone - I have enjoyed the chance to chat with some of you! Look me up on your next trip to Orlando!

Kelly :sunny:

Sorry to see ya go !!!

Scott that still keeps the Cabin Count the Same As I Now have 2 Cabins Booked for this Cruise !! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Dont Ask !! Just getting Ready for 4/4 :lmao:

Peter

Scott H
03-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Dont Ask !! Just getting Ready for 4/4

There must be a method to the madness.

Bummer Kelly, do enjoy your future trips.

EnchantedPlayroom
03-27-2006, 08:12 PM

ME TOO!!!! PICK ME! ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

EnchantedPlayroom
03-27-2006, 08:18 PM
whoops. dual post.

EnchantedPlayroom
03-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Woo-hoo! :hyper: Had to share. I finally got the "Approved Request For Financing Ownership Interest" letter from the DVC! :woohoo: Whew. I was sweating it big time there for a while. :scared: It's so cute. "I have the pleasure of informing you that your request...yadda yadda yadda....has been approved". :worship: Thank you DVC! :rockband: I am an official "snot" now. :snooty: :lmao:

Cindi0511
03-27-2006, 10:16 PM
If anyone's looking for something fun to do in St. John's/St. Thomas, you might want to check out Snuba. We did this on our last cruise in 2003, and most had a great time. I have TMJ and still haven't figured out how to hold a regulator comfortably in my mouth for more than about 5 minutes. I would LOVE to do this again. We booked right with the company and it was great. I highly recommend them: http://www.visnuba.com/

Enjoy, and thanks for the warm welcome!

MommaluvsDis
03-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd double check. We are dressing for Pirate's Night, right? I got Steve's pirate shirt in yesterday and he said if he and I were the only ones dressed like pirates, he was going to throw me overboard. I told him I guessed I could walk the plank! :teeth: pirate:

Hygiene99
03-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd double check. We are dressing for Pirate's Night, right? I got Steve's pirate shirt in yesterday and he said if he and I were the only ones dressed like pirates, he was going to throw me overboard. I told him I guessed I could walk the plank! :teeth: pirate:

there will be plenty of pirate: 's onboard ! No worries Mate ..

Can you get him to wear a grass Skirt ? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

MommaluvsDis
03-28-2006, 07:28 PM
Hey,
If I can get him to wear a pirate's outfit, I can get him to wear a grass skirt, too! Oh boy, are we having a tropical night too? Just let me know, I'll start cutting the yard! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I'm glad we're all dressing up! I'd sure hate to walk that plank!!! :scared1: We're gonna have so much fun!

MommaluvsDis
03-28-2006, 07:34 PM
Hey Brandy,

Congrats and WELCOME HOME! to you and Steve! :cheer2:

Scott H
03-28-2006, 07:59 PM
Hey Peter,are you getting a grass skirt for this cruise, I really can't remember if you had one for the repo? I wanna say ya did.

Mickey&JoshNut
03-28-2006, 08:43 PM
Hey Peter,are you getting a grass skirt for this cruise, I really can't remember if you had one for the repo? I wanna say ya did.

Scott...it looks like Peter was a party pooper when this picture was taken....

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d15/MickeyJoshNut123/05-18-05-RobertJeffJoePeterScottKen.jpg

MommaluvsDis
03-28-2006, 09:08 PM
Oh man! You guys look like you had a blast!

We can't wait to travel with y'all!

Scott H
03-28-2006, 09:18 PM
We are a rather quiet, reserved group of folks :lmao: :lmao: :woohoo: :cool1: :banana: :teeth: :thumbsup2 really we are......

Mickey&JoshNut
03-28-2006, 09:20 PM
Oh man! You guys look like you had a blast!

We can't wait to travel with y'all!

Lets just say that we haven't been forgotten on the Magic....and now you guys will leave the same mark on the Wonder.....oh how I wish I was cruising with you guys.... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

kpros
03-28-2006, 09:26 PM

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d15/MickeyJoshNut123/05-18-05-RobertJeffJoePeterScottKen.jpg

I've still got mine!

Ken

Scott H
03-28-2006, 09:29 PM
I am sure both Robert and Bob have theirs. Trying to remember if there are any others??

There is open membership in this special fraternity of the high sea.

Mickey&JoshNut
03-28-2006, 09:33 PM
Scott....I will never forget you and Bob at the sailaway party in your grass skirts!!!!!!!

Sure hope you're feeling better and that the shoulder is healing nicely....hope I get to see the Buzz Lightyear tattoo some day.....

Hygiene99
03-28-2006, 10:07 PM

Ok Ok Ok Will get one for this Cruise :lmao: :lmao:

BobandLee
03-29-2006, 07:12 AM

I am sure both Robert and Bob have theirs. Trying to remember if there are any others??

There is open membership in this special fraternity of the high sea.

Scott....I will never forget you and Bob at the sailaway party in your grass skirts!!!!
Yes, I think I got set up on the sailaway. :rolleyes1
Got a lot of "nice dress" comments on the way up to topside for the sail away. Finally, Scott got his and I wasn't the only "fool in a dress". :sad2:
YES! I will bring mine. Guess I still haven't grown up. :teeth:

BobandLee
03-29-2006, 07:25 AM
:sunny: GOOD MORNING EVERYONE :sunny:
60 beautiful sunny degrees here in Central Florida.
Sorry to hear about the snow up north and west. :lmao:

Been great here so far. Met Webray (Cheryl & Bob) over the weekend. Good time with them. Yes, Elaine, we cheated on the Mouse and went to City Walk.

Have been to the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom so far. Epcot tomorrow.
Last night we ate at Whispering Canyon. It was good, but not as crazy as we thought it would be. Today it is off to the Grand Floridian as Lee wants one of these.
http://members.aol.com/robertj85/images/slipper.jpg

Will work on my tan the next few days for the grass skirt. :)

winotracy
03-29-2006, 07:29 AM

Been great here so far. Met Webray (Cheryl & Bob) over the weekend. Good time with them. Yes, Elaine, we cheated on the Mouse and went to City Walk.

Last night we ate at Whispering Canyon. It was good, but not as crazy as we thought it would be. Today it is off to the Grand Floridian as Lee wants one of these.
http://members.aol.com/robertj85/images/slipper.jpg

Will work on my tan the next few days for the grass skirt. :)

Sounds like you are having a great time! What snow? We've got upper 50s here this week and will see 60 by early next week :cheer2: :cheer2:

For those of us who haven't met yet, does anyone want to identify the men in grass? :rotfl2: I recognize two of them

DisneyBlonde
03-29-2006, 08:49 AM
New to these boards...just booked our first Disney cruise!! I am a long time Disney lover, DVC member, M.MOUSE license plate, etc. :) We vacationed in WDW an average of twice a year from 1989 till 2002 when I met my fiance (he's a cruise guy...we cruise a lot now).

Anywho...I'm so excited because this vacation combines cruising and Disney, and will be our first cruise as a married couple.

I haven't read the entire thread yet, just wanted to say howdie and WoooHOOOOOO!!

Diz

pahrumpgirl
03-29-2006, 09:37 AM
New to these boards...just booked our first Disney cruise!! I am a long time Disney lover, DVC member, M.MOUSE license plate, etc. :) We vacationed in WDW an average of twice a year from 1989 till 2002 when I met my fiance (he's a cruise guy...we cruise a lot now).

Anywho...I'm so excited because this vacation combines cruising and Disney, and will be our first cruise as a married couple.

I haven't read the entire thread yet, just wanted to say howdie and WoooHOOOOOO!!

Diz

Welcome! :welcome:

My DH and I are fairly new to these boards and this will be our second Disney cruise. Our first was on the Magic. :mickeyjum Trust me you will love it. :love: We sailed several lines before our DCL one and none of them compare. :sad2: The bunch on this thread are great and my DH and I feel like we already have a lot friends that we will be sailing with. :grouphug: I am sure one of them will get you hooked up so that you are in the loop.

Carol

first timers
03-29-2006, 09:40 AM

Hey Peter, I kind of escaped the grass skirts last cruise- not sure I'll escape for this cruise! Alex

first timers
03-29-2006, 09:47 AM

Today it's a beautiful sunny 80 degrees here in Central Florida. Last week we visited Disneyland Paris, the temperature there was in the low to mid-forties, brrrrr! We are glade to be home to the sunshine and warm temps. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :jumping3: :jumping3: Alex

Scott H
03-29-2006, 10:23 AM
Hey Tracy, the guys in the picture question could be a fun thing for the next news letter.

Sounds like a couple more recruits to the grass skirt group, Adding Alex and Peter. The sailaway party should be the first meeting, KEWL

Alex, we enjoyed DLP and will get there again in Jan/Feb of 2007.

YES! I will bring mine. Guess I still haven't grown up.
Bob, trust me I tried growing up once and it was no fun. Glad to hear you guys are having a good time.

Welcome aboard Disneyblond. Peter will be sending you a PM with some more info about stuff we are doing. Jump in and enjoy.

MommaluvsDis
03-29-2006, 01:22 PM
I think as a show of solidarity, all the guys should wear grass skirts to the sail-away party! I'll be hunting one for Steve. Now getting him to wear it is going to be the problem. I may have to recruit some of you guys to help egg him on, I mean, talk him into it! I just love the fact that we're never too old to have fun! WooHoo!!

seaulater
03-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Hey Peter, I kind of escaped the grass skirts last cruise- not sure I'll escape for this cruise! Alex

Pictured in the grass skirts:

left to right

Robert (DH of Seaulater) on this cruise
Jeff (drives monorail at WDW-not on this cruise)
Joe (DH of Disneypindiva-not on this cruise)
Peter (Hygiene 99) on this cruise
Scott (Scott H) on this cruise
Ken (Kpros) on this cruise
Larry (Seaulater's dad) not on this cruise

FIRSTTIMERS-Now Alex-I could have sworn you said "you will never see me in a grass skirt!". I told you don't say never! Can't wait to see you added to the group picture in September!

I still have our grass skirts. Hauled them home from PC cruise in May and I think I even have the hats too. You can buy them pretty cheap at any party store or at Oriental Trading online. If I remember correctly, we all were doing alot of Oriental Trading shopping on line before the PC cruise.

Of course, I remember I shipped 4 boxes to the ship before I even left town and they were in the middle of the stateroom waiting for us when we arrived!

Linda

Mickey&JoshNut
03-29-2006, 01:40 PM
Linda

DCL has also been shopping at Oriental Trading...the new Pirate bandanas are from there....they aren't nearly as nice as the ones we got on the May Repo cruise.

pahrumpgirl
03-29-2006, 03:08 PM
The grass skirt club sounds like fun. :banana: :cool1: Will work on my DH to become a member.

Carol

Scott H
03-29-2006, 03:12 PM
Walk into the shrink wherever you are, wearing a grass skirt, just walk in, say, "Shrink, . . . this is what I am wearing to the Sept 17, sail-away party and tropical night on DCL", and walk out.

You know, if one person, just one person, shows up wearing a grass skirt, they may think he's really sick.

And if two people do it, they may think they just like each other.

And if three people do it! Can you imagine three people wearing grass skirts to the Sept 17 sail-away party and tropical night on DCL. They may think it's an organization!

And can you imagine fifty people I said FIFTY people wearing grass skirts to the Sept 17 sail-away party and tropical night on DCL, Friends, they may think it's a MOVEMENT, and that's what it is: THE GRASS SKIRT FRATERNITY MOVEMENT! . . . and all you gotta do to join is wear a grass skirt to the Sept 17 sail-away party and tropical night on DCL, .........With feelin'.

OK so I had a flash back, so here is the trivia question for you old boomers, from where did I get inspired for this banter to come from? :hippie: :hippie:

Lynn you canít answer... Hint - A performer at the Flower Power Concerts at EPCOT.

first timers
03-29-2006, 03:16 PM
FIRSTTIMERS-Now Alex-I could have sworn you said "you will never see me in a grass skirt!". I told you don't say never! Can't wait to see you added to the group picture in September!
Linda

I guess I am just getting mellow in my old age! Alex
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hygiene99
03-29-2006, 04:44 PM

Diz

Can if you would like to but I have sent you a PM.

Welcome aboard.. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

:sunny:

THE GRASS SKIRT FRATERNITY = Scott H. More info Here (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=12082159&postcount=3068) !!

seaulater
03-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Walk into the shrink wherever you are, wearing a grass skirt, just walk in, say, "Shrink, . . . this is what I am wearing to the Sept 17, sail-away party and tropical night on DCL", and walk out.

You know, if one person, just one person, shows up wearing a grass skirt, they may think he's really sick.

And if three people do it! Can you imagine three people wearing grass skirts to the Sept 17 sail-away party and tropical night on DCL. They may think it's an organization!

And can you imagine fifty people I said FIFTY people wearing grass skirts to the Sept 17 sail-away party and tropical night on DCL, Friends, they may think it's a MOVEMENT, and that's what it is: THE GRASS SKIRT FRATERNITY MOVEMENT! . . . and all you gotta do to join is wear a grass skirt to the Sept 17 sail-away party and tropical night on DCL, .........With feelin'.

OK so I had a flash back, so here is the trivia question for you old boomers, from where did I get inspired for this banter to come from? :hippie: :hippie:

Lynn you canít answer... Hint - A performer at the Flower Power Concerts at EPCOT.

Disney Wonder CM......................."HERE COME THOSE LANYARD PEOPLE" :banana:

gouodux
03-29-2006, 07:49 PM
Finally recovered from our Spring Break. Boy was it cold in SoCal for us thin blooded folks from Arizona. Saturday was spent at a "Princess" party in Malibu. The girls had a blast. Went up to the beach house near Ventura that night. Cold, cold, cold. Sunday was sooo windy. Flew kites on the beach and the wind tore them up in about 5 minutes. Monday went to Six Flags. It was awesome, so cold and dreary everyone stayed away. We were able to stay on most rides time and time again without having to get back in line. Ventured down to Disneyland for Wednesday and Thursday. Weather had warmed up and it was miserable. The lines were crazy long. Not to mention we hadn't planned well. Banked our DVC points until September not thinking they would be used. Ended up paying $320 a night at the Grand Californian. Have never had that expense staying on site before. A little sticker shock - but that's what you get making the reservation the day of. The girls still had a blast. Damn if Donald didn't make fun of our Oregon Duck gear we had on again. Back in January, Donald visited Jenna for her 6th birthday and informed us he was a USC fan. Must have been the same Donald! Doesn't he know he is the mascot for our beloved school?

sandysplayhouse
03-29-2006, 08:33 PM
Of course, I remember I shipped 4 boxes to the ship before I even left town and they were in the middle of the stateroom waiting for us when we arrived!

Linda

Linda.... I was sitting here doing some catch up reading :surfweb: (I've been burried getting my taxes ready) When I read your post about shipping 4 boxes to the ship!
:eek: Is it possible to ship stuff to our stateroom?!
:confused3 How can this be done?
I'm so looking forward to dressing up for all the fun activities including getting my husband in that grass skirt, but I'm really worried about running out of suitcase room for regular clothes! If it is possible to ship stuff to ourselves, then my worries are over!

:worship: Please share this valuable information! :worship:

gouodux
03-29-2006, 11:42 PM
Thought I would share another story . . . . . .

Shawn came home from work tonight and is upset because he is turning 38 tomorrow. The thing he is mad about is that he just hired someone who is 19 and realized he is old enough to be his father!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

jstevens001
03-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Hi All, remember me. It looks like we're leaning more towards this cruise at the moment instead of the 10 day...unless Powerball comes through and we'll do both then!

seaulater
03-30-2006, 10:52 AM
Linda.... I was sitting here doing some catch up reading :surfweb: (I've been burried getting my taxes ready) When I read your post about shipping 4 boxes to the ship!
:eek: Is it possible to ship stuff to our stateroom?!
:confused3 How can this be done?
I'm so looking forward to dressing up for all the fun activities including getting my husband in that grass skirt, but I'm really worried about running out of suitcase room for regular clothes! If it is possible to ship stuff to ourselves, then my worries are over!

:worship: Please share this valuable information! :worship:

YES!!!(And many of us took advantage of this for the PC cruise)

Here is what you do to ship packages to DCL:

Disney Cruise Line
9001 Marlin Street
Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

MARK EACH BOX IN BIG LETTERING IN BOTTOM LEFT HAND CORNER WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:

Sail date
Vessel
Stateroom #
Confirmation #
How many boxes (i.e. 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3)
ATTN: HOUSEKEEPING

I printed out a really fun Goofy graphic on a label and put DELIVER THIS IMPORTANT BOX TO: with the info underneath. I also requested a delivery confirmation so I knew that my boxes got to Florida safe and sound. Like I said, they were all in our stateroom when we arrived. I didn't hear of anyone who shipped stuff having any problems. I don't have the phone number of the DCL office in Port Canaveral with me, but the person at the shipping warehouse we talked to was Kelly. She was awesome. Just don't think she knew how many packages she really was going to get before the PC cruise.

Linda

sandysplayhouse
03-30-2006, 05:18 PM
YES!!!(And many of us took advantage of this for the PC cruise) Linda

Linda... :worship: Thank you :worship: Thank you...:worship: Thank you SO MUCH... you are a life saver... Now my DH won't have an excuse NOT to dress up... grass skirt brigade look out! I can pack EVERYthing... hmmm... where IS that extra sink? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao:

Hygiene99
03-30-2006, 05:57 PM
YES!!!(And many of us took advantage of this for the PC cruise)

Here is what you do to ship packages to DCL:

Disney Cruise Line
9001 Marlin Street
Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

MARK EACH BOX IN BIG LETTERING IN BOTTOM LEFT HAND CORNER WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:

Sail date
Vessel
Stateroom #
Confirmation #
How many boxes (i.e. 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3)
ATTN: HOUSEKEEPING

I printed out a really fun Goofy graphic on a label and put DELIVER THIS IMPORTANT BOX TO: with the info underneath. I also requested a delivery confirmation so I knew that my boxes got to Florida safe and sound. Like I said, they were all in our stateroom when we arrived. I didn't hear of anyone who shipped stuff having any problems. I don't have the phone number of the DCL office in Port Canaveral with me, but the person at the shipping warehouse we talked to was Kelly. She was awesome. Just don't think she knew how many packages she really was going to get before the PC cruise.

LindaThanks Linda , I was going to Dig it out .
added it to this list ..

Peter

seaulater
03-30-2006, 06:23 PM
Linda... :worship: Thank you :worship: Thank you...:worship: Thank you SO MUCH... you are a life saver... Now my DH won't have an excuse NOT to dress up... grass skirt brigade look out! I can pack EVERYthing... hmmm... where IS that extra sink? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao:

Don't forget the blender!!

:rotfl2:

BobandLee
03-30-2006, 10:29 PM
Good Evening Everyone!
Been great visiting the parks. Shopping and DVC tomorrow.
Hey Scott, did you find that cure for addonitis?

AK was great. No Everest ride, but really enjoyed the rest of the park.
Epcot was today. Just went to the other side. Started with Mexico and ending with Canada. Just kinda ate and drank our way through.
Yes Debbie, we saw OffKilter. They are as advertised.

Got something blinkie for the 11 day cruise. :banana: :cool1:

BobandLee
03-30-2006, 10:30 PM
I Know It's A Few Hours Early........

party: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELAINE! party:
:cake: :cool1: :banana: :rockband: :banana: :cool1:

BobandLee
03-30-2006, 10:36 PM

Don't forget the blender!!

:rotfl2:

Let's see.....grass skirt, blender, uhhhh what about booze for the blender.

"...and soon it will render,
that frozen concoction that
helps me hang on!"

Hey Scott, don't forget that palm tree. :rotfl2:
Heck, we might find one. Got a mickey pirate flag. pirate:

EpcotKilterFan
03-30-2006, 10:46 PM
Good Evening Everyone!
Yes Debbie, we saw OffKilter. They are as advertised.

:banana: :rotfl2: :banana: :woohoo:

Glad you are having a great time!!

Debbie

winotracy
03-31-2006, 04:40 AM
:bday: party: :mickeyjum Happy Birthday Elaine!! :mickeyjum party: :bday:

Mickey&JoshNut
03-31-2006, 04:55 PM
Thank you for the birthday wishes!!!!!

Hygiene99
03-31-2006, 06:24 PM
:bday: :bday: :bday: Happy Birthday Elaine !!

:cloud9: (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=561746&page=480&pp=15)

Sorry nothing this year ...
T and I had many idea's, but decided not to borrow the Web pages from DCl. :lmao: Peter

papa
03-31-2006, 10:02 PM
Happy Birthday Elaine. :thumbsup2 :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :woohoo: :woohoo: :yay:

You know when kids are growing up too fast, when your 3 almost 4 years old grand daughter wants to stop at Starbucks for a Mocha Frappachino. As she starts to sip it she asks you "How is the job?" :rotfl2: Mike

PS the Starbucks lady asked me if I wanted to get her decaf, I said no she is going home to her mother :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: as she bounces off the walls

sandysplayhouse
03-31-2006, 10:09 PM
:bday: Elaine!... pixiedust: :wave: :banana: :cool1: :dancer: :rockband: party:

Mike... your princess: grand daughter sounds like such a character!... :lmao:

MommaluvsDis
03-31-2006, 10:41 PM
Papa,
Too funny!

Tink33
03-31-2006, 11:21 PM
Happy Birthday Elaine

In honor of your birthday, how about a little Boyz 2 Men song:

ALL AROUND THE WORLD

London, Paris, Monte Carlo, Germany and Rome
Different places, different faces still it feels like home
China, Holland, Belgium, Rio, Africa, Japan
That's the life we live and we do the best we can

Here we go on another tour on the road again
Feelin' good it's alright
Just enjoying ourselves
Come and take a flight with

CHORUS:
Boyz II Men back around the world
And we're comin' through your town
All we do is for you
'Cause you've always been there
And we appreciate you.

Keisha. Kelly, Tonya, Stacey, Mica and LaShaun
Kathy, Trina, Carla, Lisa, Cheri and Elaine
All these girls around the world are fly in every land
And it's hard II choose but there's one for every man.

REPEAT CHORUS.

Houston, Phoenix, Carolina, Jersey and the Keys
Denver, Boston, Mississippi, Georgia, Tennessee
Dallas, Cleveland, Cali, Philly, New York and D.C.
That's the life we live and we do the best we can.
Here we go on another tour back in stride again
Feelin' good it's alright
Just enjoying ourselves
Come and take a ride with

REPEAT CHORUS

bonzie1
04-01-2006, 06:48 AM
Happy Birthday Elaine. :thumbsup2 :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :woohoo: :woohoo: :yay:

You know when kids are growing up too fast, when your 3 almost 4 years old grand daughter wants to stop at Starbucks for a Mocha Frappachino. As she starts to sip it she asks you "How is the job?" :rotfl2: Mike

PS the Starbucks lady asked me if I wanted to get her decaf, I said no she is going home to her mother :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: as she bounces off the walls

Papa! How Funny! Your eyes must have popped out of your head with that one . Children are so precious and come up with such unique things! ::yes:: Your granddaughter sounds very special! :lovestruc

winotracy
04-01-2006, 07:19 AM
Mike, she is really growing up :lmao: I can just imagine it. I have a friend who's daughter just turned 5 and thinks that is all grown up ("I want a real purse, a real phone, real makeup, real ....") so I know what you mean :rotfl2:

And giving them back to mom and dad all caffeined up, that's priceless!!

Scott H
04-01-2006, 08:20 AM
Hey Bob, what is the new blinkie thingie? I was in a Walmart yesterday and they did not have any blinkie flip flops. So ya did an addon?

Mike that was pretty funny about your granddaughter.

BethE
04-01-2006, 06:38 PM

Scott and all,

Can't imagine why no one answered this! Can only imagine the question was too easy! You drew your inspiration from Alice's Restaurant by Arlo Guthrie, my favorite Flower Power performer. :hippie: I still remember the first time I heard that song on the radio, late at night, and was blown away. Back in the late sixties or very early seventies, I believe.

Sorry I haven't been checking in the last few months. Harry and I are still planning to join you all on the cruise, no doubt about that at all. We waffled :confused3 for a while about going on a 2007 Med cruise but have pretty much decided it is a no-go after seeing the prices. We still plan to go to Europe in 2007, but will do it on our own and travel by train. I went to Europe on my own for 3 weeks in 2000, for very little money, so I know how to do it.

Glad your surgery is over and your shoulder is well on the way to mending. Hello to all the new cruisers and old friends from the May Repo cruise. Harry and I enjoyed the group activities we participated in very much and look forward to more of the same in Sept.

We will be bringing Harry's fish extender (I gave mine to one of my granddaughters), so no need for Carol and Duog to make one for us, but they look great in the newsletter!

BethE

icunurse_celeste
04-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Mike- I was planning on writing back about your wife being a nurse- AGES ago, but life has been beyond busy. Very cool job- I miss working with women & children, which is why I continue to work as a sexual assault nurse examiner (SANE) in addition to being an ICU nurse. She is now working in home care with high accuity now, right? Good for her! I thought the story about your granddaughter was really funny- how was she at home for her parents?

Tracy- I am SO far behind on reading newsletters! Thank you for continuing to do them- hopefully I'll get to read them soon.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone, I've been up since 4am and have had 4 hours of sleep- so forgive my potential type o's. I'm dreaming of a bath and going to bed by 9pm! What a Saturday night! :rotfl2:

BobandLee
04-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Hey Bob, what is the new blinkie thingie? I was in a Walmart yesterday and they did not have any blinkie flip flops. So ya did an addon?

No, we did not add on. Great offer, but....

BLINKIE glass from the Rainforest Cafe
http://members.aol.com/robertj85/glass.gif
Top View

Best I can do on the road.

Scott H
04-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Yeah Beth, you got it, I thought I had realy dated myself with that one. We have seen Arlo in concert but not at WDW, would like to though. THen there is the classic "I don't want a pickle, just want to ride my motorcycle" Yes they were the best of times and the worst of times. LOL

Bob, Pretty KEWL, I got one of the Illumination Blinkie Mugs,

BobandLee
04-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Just a quick post....
We had a great week in the Orlando area.
Thanks to Rennae for the helpful hints. Appreciated.

Thanks to Cheryl and Bob for the wonderful company the first couple of days. Also, thanks for all the info. And who could forget the Monorail Pub Crawl. :thumbsup2

We got to see a lot at Magic Kindom, EPCOT and Animal Kingdom. Bunch of changes. Really enjoyed the Mickey's Philharmonic. Very good. :thumbsup2
Missed out on the Expedition Everest. :furious:

Had some great meals. Ragland Road was delcious.
The cafe at the Grand Floridian was nice. Our server Lori was good. We told her about the boards. If you're reading this Lori--"HI and thanks"
Was dissapointed with the beignets at Port Orleans. :guilty:

Our last day was very busy. Last minute shopping, including the mouse surplus and DTD.

Tippy spent the week at the Bass Pet Motel in Kissimmee. Wonderful place. Would recommend highly.

Lee wants everyone to know that she saw an alligator in one of the ponds along the main drive out of the Magic Kingdom. About halfway out to the interstate. I'll have to take her word for it. Has anyone else seen one there?

Have a great weekend.

bonzie1
04-02-2006, 08:20 AM
Hi Guys... just saw this info about rooms at WDW. I think the timing fits in with your 11 day cruise. Thought of everyone going (wish we were too). Hope this helps...

No foolin' - FREE dining is coming back at Walt Disney World! Yes, for stays starting August 13 - September 30, you can get the Magic Your Way Plus Dining package for the price of a regular Magic Your Way package! This was a hugely popular deal last Fall. ONLY Disney Rewards Visa cardholders can book this package starting April 1. The general public will be able to book it starting April 4!

sandysplayhouse
04-02-2006, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE=BobandLee] Lee wants everyone to know that she saw an alligator in one of the ponds along the main drive out of the Magic Kingdom. About halfway out to the interstate. I'll have to take her word for it. Has anyone else seen one there? QUOTE]

Bob... I believe her... don't forget, you are in Florida...

Christmas 2004 we stayed at Shades of Green on WDW property, and EVERYday as we rode the Magic Kingdom buses to the parks, we saw an aligator sunning itself on the banks next to the driveway out of the hotel! It was a small one, about 4 feet... but big enough to bite you!

AND.. and, my DD & DSnL saw an aligator in the moat around the Cinderella Castle IN the park... my DSnL brought it to the attention of a CM and they just said they were aware they were in the moat... :confused3 nothing they could do about it... so next time you go... look for one in the waters around the castle and watch where you walk.

webray
04-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Bob and Lee it was our pleasure. Thanks for sharing part of your vacation with us, we will have to do it again..soon, lol. Bring on those free taxi cabs..lol.

Yep, we believe Lee. When you live in Florida you are told to assume that there is at lease one alligator in every body of water. Disney knows pretty much where they all are, as they are monitored.

For those of you who want to see gators but haven't yet, pop into Gaylord Palms resort..they have some (a lot, lol) on loan from Gatorland. They sun themselves, swim around the water made for them.

Hygiene99
04-02-2006, 05:09 PM
In the waters behind the bus stop . @ The Beach Club !

We saw one last fall.. some pretty big fish also!

Thought it was " Kewl " we did not tell anyone just let it be .. :)

winotracy
04-02-2006, 05:29 PM
We just had a fun afternoon. My mom, sister and four friends are heading out for a RCCL cruise. They dropped off my mom's dog for us to dogsit this week. DH suggested that we wear tropical shirts. I made up a batch of Konk Koolers, complete with umbrellas and pineapple chunks, then set up some feastive music -- Jimmy Buffet, a steel drum band, and music from the Titanic :lmao: :rotfl2:

They got here and Jimmy was on. Everyone thought it was cool. Then the Titanic came on and my sister said "I recognize this...This is the Titanic http://cruisetoberfest.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/Titanic.gif !!!" Everyone was :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Scott H
04-02-2006, 07:58 PM
We also have seen gators at WDW, I would guess they keep pretty good track of them. They should offer a gator hunt, that would be fun. Must admit I would like to try that.

Pretty Funny Tracy, a few years back we took my sister and famiy on a cruise with us. Nephew Ben was about 6-7 years old got a real kick out of yelling "Iceburg Dead Ahead" during the cruise.

I hope to get this sling off tomorrow. Typing is a pain.

bonzie1
04-02-2006, 08:02 PM
In the waters behind the bus stop . @ The Beach Club !

We saw one last fall.. some pretty big fish also!

Thought it was " Kewl " we did not tell anyone just let it be .. :)

Peter! :wave2: We saw the same one. We named it Henry or Henrietta :lmao:

The WDW Groundskeepers came out and tried to catch it by feeding it marshmallows! (the marshmallows float...) The gater was too smart. He loved the marshmallows, but when he saw that metal noose being lowered, he stayed away. They said they've caught this same one a couple of times now, and it always seems to find his way back. ;)

Watching the turtles was fun too!

Scott H
04-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Note to self, get marshmellows if I ever go gator hunting. LOL

MommaluvsDis
04-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Your letter to Tom thru Tracy had almost instant results! Here's the info from my April Vacation Magic email update:

In related news, Members Services now books Members' Disney Cruise Line voyages as far as 24 months in advance, up from the previous 11 months.

:thumbsup2 Awsome! :thumbsup2

You probably got the same email but I thought I'd post it so that everyone could see how powerful and mighty Tracy's newsletters are! ;)

Tracy, this may be something you could post, if you want to, in the May letter. I don't know how many are cruising on points but those of us that are, would feel that this info is very good news.

MommaluvsDis
04-03-2006, 11:45 PM
One more thing,

Is anyone else bringing bubbles for the kiddos for the sail-away party? Does Disney still allow this? If so and no one else is bringing them, that's something I'd like to do for the kiddos!

Looking for feedback :listen:

Cindi0511
04-04-2006, 10:12 AM
Just for the record, Mike, STAY AWAY FROM MY KIDS!!!!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I know it's probably payback, but how are we as kids supposed to get back at our parents for sending OUR kids home all sugared and caffeined up???? :rotfl2: Oh, I know, send them over to Grandpa's house with a new drum set, keyboard with no volume control or battery-operated guitar!!! Can I have your daughter's phone number?? I have a few ideas to share with her next time she's sending her daughter your way ........... :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Seriously, thanks for the laugh. My soon to be 5-year-old is such a drama queen, but it's the almost 2-year-old who likes coffee. Thank goodness she can't say Frappaccino yet and doesn't know the difference between straight coffee and mostly milk!

Also, thanks, Tracy, for the newsletter. You do such a good job with that.

I am so impatient to get my new passporter. This cruise is taking FOREVER to get here.

P.S. Did I see somewhere that there will be DISsers scrapbooking? My mom likes to do that and would probably join in.

sandysplayhouse
04-04-2006, 10:47 AM
P.S. Did I see somewhere that there will be DISsers scrapbooking? My mom likes to do that and would probably join in.

:cool1: I'm also in for the scrapbooking... I would appreciate any info on this... Who is in charge? :confused3 What do I bring...? :confused3

seaulater
04-04-2006, 11:13 AM
Just for the record, Mike, STAY AWAY FROM MY KIDS!!!!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I know it's probably payback, but how are we as kids supposed to get back at our parents for sending OUR kids home all sugared and caffeined up???? :rotfl2: Oh, I know, send them over to Grandpa's house with a new drum set, keyboard with no volume control or battery-operated guitar!!! Can I have your daughter's phone number?? I have a few ideas to share with her next time she's sending her daughter your way ........... :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Seriously, thanks for the laugh. My soon to be 5-year-old is such a drama queen, but it's the almost 2-year-old who likes coffee. Thank goodness she can't say Frappaccino yet and doesn't know the difference between straight coffee and mostly milk!

Also, thanks, Tracy, for the newsletter. You do such a good job with that.

I am so impatient to get my new passporter. This cruise is taking FOREVER to get here.

That's me and Elaine (Elaine-you are still doing this with me, right?). I haven't done much planning yet. I've been scouting the town for the latest and greatest ideas so I can figure out what to do. I haven't put down the specifics, but you can PM me with the names and cabin number(s) of those participating and then when I figure out what we are doing, I'll post it so everyone knows what they need to bring (if anything).

Linda

winotracy
04-04-2006, 11:39 AM
That's me and Elaine (Elaine-you are still doing this with me, right?). I haven't done much planning yet. I've been scouting the town for the latest and greatest ideas so I can figure out what to do. I haven't put down the specifics, but you can PM me with the names and cabin number(s) of those participating and then when I figure out what we are doing, I'll post it so everyone knows what they need to bring (if anything).

Linda

Elaine canceled this cruise so it's all you Linda!!

webray
04-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Hi everyone,

Since we just booked this, I am way behind..lol.

I know all the gifts left in the fish extenders were so much fun on our panama cruise. I see a little talk of people doing that again, so is there a list somewhere, like on the panama cruise for people participating, so we don't have to keep asking who is bringing what, etc.

Thanks,

Cheryl

ps..did anyone book a transatlantic crossing or a med cruise this morning???

winotracy
04-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Hi everyone,

Since we just booked this, I am way behind..lol.

I know all the gifts left in the fish extenders were so much fun on our panama cruise. I see a little talk of people doing that again, so is there a list somewhere, like on the panama cruise for people participating, so we don't have to keep asking who is bringing what, etc.

Thanks,

Cheryl

ps..did anyone book a transatlantic crossing or a med cruise this morning???
The list is in the most recent newsletter. Only a few things listed right now. Everyone, let me know if I should add anything to the list!

Tracy

DisneyBlonde
04-04-2006, 12:26 PM
Rookie question: what's a fish extender?

pahrumpgirl
04-04-2006, 03:42 PM

DisneyBlonde,

Did you get Tracy's newsletter? There is a picture in there. Also, there are other pictures several posts back. They are hung on the fish outside of your stateroom and "little fairies" :tink: come along and leave things in them. :banana: :bounce: :Pinkbounc My DH and I are making them for those who are sailing with us and would like one. It is all explained in the newsletter.

Seaulater, count me in for the scrapbooking class. I will PM you my stateroom. :banana: :banana: :cool1: :cool1:

Carol

BobandLee
04-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Notice at the top of the picture...the FISH
then the sailaway gift from EpcotKilterFan hanging from it.....
THE FISH EXTENDER
http://members.aol.com/robertj85/fishx.jpg

icunurse_celeste
04-04-2006, 05:14 PM

Linda

Linda,
I was thinking about this while I was at CKU-Albums- how about a mini album or a tag album? I thought it might be fun to do a small book that you could show something about each day of your trip. I'm not trying to tell you what to do- :blush:. When I was doing the tag albums there, I thought, "wouldn't this be a cute idea to do on the ship and then you could have a small brag book for your trip when you got home." Just a thought. I would be willing to help in any way needed. I bought some new QuickKutz for the trip- sandles, feet, palm trees, etc.

What you did last year was awesome and it was also very nice for you to do it for the price that you did- but I hated to know that it probably cost you and arm and a leg to get all of the supplies and all of the prep time. :guilty: If nothing else- if you want someone to cut out stuff, I can do that....

seaulater
04-04-2006, 07:52 PM
Linda,
I was thinking about this while I was at CKU-Albums- how about a mini album or a tag album? I thought it might be fun to do a small book that you could show something about each day of your trip. I'm not trying to tell you what to do- :blush:. When I was doing the tag albums there, I thought, "wouldn't this be a cute idea to do on the ship and then you could have a small brag book for your trip when you got home." Just a thought. I would be willing to help in any way needed. I bought some new QuickKutz for the trip- sandles, feet, palm trees, etc.

What you did last year was awesome and it was also very nice for you to do it for the price that you did- but I hated to know that it probably cost you and arm and a leg to get all of the supplies and all of the prep time. :guilty: If nothing else- if you want someone to cut out stuff, I can do that....

Thanks! That's funny. I've been out looking at just that "mini albums" and have been coming up with some ideas for that. Just this week, Roberts Crafts has on their ad:

The new Cricut Personal Electronic Cutter will take your creativity to new heights. Cut letters, phrases, shapes and more from 1"-5.5" tall, and phrases up to 11.5" long. A single cartridge gives you over 3500 unique cutting options!

PRE-SALES Start April 8th

I'm going to have to check it out. Okay, off to my next project!

BobandLee
04-04-2006, 08:47 PM
First day back.:sad:
A lot of good things on the trip....

meeting up with Cheryl & Bob
chocolate cake at Sherlock's of Celebration :thumbsup2
Magic Kingdom...especially Mickey's Philarmonic
Epcot..good to see the world again, it had been a while
Animal Kingdom..first trip there without kids (not counting me)
lots of good food....(I think someone shrank my clothes while I was gone) :sad2:
got to meet a lot of nice people from the midwest
got to see our local high school band in the MK parade. we didn't even know they were there! was perfect timing.
got to see the mouse warehouse

some bad things....

driving down...seems like it took forever
driving back....I was singing the "I-95" song to a lot of people
missing the Expedition Everest ride at AK
vacation was too short...while we were gone, the grass decided to grow. time to top off the chia pets.
realizing that we have 5 months until the next vacation. we'll be ready!

I'm sure that I have forgot some things, but we had a Wonderful and Magical trip to Mickey's hometown.

Tink33
04-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Hello everyone. Hope you are staying dry and warm. It is pouring in San Diego.

I went to the dentist today for my crown pre-work. Do you think it is bad when the dentist and his assistant start talking about their vacations to Ireland and Hawaii as they look inside my mouth for other things to fix? ;)

I got some good news yesterday. My Grandmother loves watching the Ellen Show. Grandma is in the middle stages of Alzheimer's Disease but remembers to watch Ellen every weekday at 3:00 pm. I have been trying to get tickets to a taping. Third time is the charm, I scored tickets on my birthday next month.

MommaluvsDis
04-05-2006, 12:38 AM
I know exactly how you feel. I had my temp put on a week ago and since my dentist is going on a big annual wild turkey hunt, I have to wait 3 weeks for the permanent! Wonder who paid for that trip?

DisneyBlonde
04-05-2006, 08:51 AM
DisneyBlonde,

Did you get Tracy's newsletter? There is a picture in there. Also, there are other pictures several posts back. They are hung on the fish outside of your stateroom and "little fairies" come along and leave things in them. My DH and I are making them for those who are sailing with us and would like one. It is all explained in the newsletter.

Carol

Carol, I didn't get a newsletter, but I had read somewhere that not everyone does... :)

The fish extenders are cool. Little fairies are cool too. What sort of things do they leave? This is our first Disney cruise, want to make sure we bring all the essentials. I'm knee deep in pre-wedding crafty-things-to-do, but after June I can concentrate fully on being an active member of the cruise.

Thanks for the picture BobandLee. I see it now. Fish...extender! :)

Tink33, I was fortunate enough to go to Club33 about 20 years ago, my cousin's husband worked for Coca Cola at the time. Whenever I tell anyone about it, they're like "huh?". They don't get it. Or they want to know what I was smoking.

Have a great day everyone!

MommaluvsDis
04-05-2006, 09:28 AM
DisneyBlonde,

Congratulations and best of wishes on your upcoming wedding!

Hey guys,
I'm a Castaway member as well as a DVC member. At what point can I start making Palo and spa ressies? The 90 or the 75 day point?

pahrumpgirl
04-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Carol, I didn't get a newsletter, but I had read somewhere that not everyone does... :)

The fish extenders are cool. Little fairies are cool too. What sort of things do they leave? This is our first Disney cruise, want to make sure we bring all the essentials. I'm knee deep in pre-wedding crafty-things-to-do, but after June I can concentrate fully on being an active member of the cruise.

Thanks for the picture BobandLee. I see it now. Fish...extender! :)

Tink33, I was fortunate enough to go to Club33 about 20 years ago, my cousin's husband worked for Coca Cola at the time. Whenever I tell anyone about it, they're like "huh?". They don't get it. Or they want to know what I was smoking.

Have a great day everyone!

Disneyblonde,

Be sure and PM Winotracy and give her your email address. She will get you on the newsletter list. Just click on her name on one of her posts and you will see where to go.

From what I understand (not our first DSL cruise but our first with this bunch :banana: :banana: ) they leave all kinds of things, such as candy, bubbles, toys, trinkets, etc. If you check page 165 post 2465 of this thread there is a great discription, also.

Carol

Hygiene99
04-05-2006, 04:30 PM
I know exactly how you feel. I had my temp put on a week ago and since my dentist is going on a big annual wild turkey hunt, I have to wait 3 weeks for the permanent! Wonder who paid for that trip?

Cerac is the machine that does a crown in one visit !
@ Jenn's office no more waiting, in about 2 hours you are done.
the machine is exspensive ! hence a lot of Dentist's still send them out to the lab.

Tink33 nice Score on the Tickets :banana: :wizard:

Hygiene99
04-05-2006, 04:37 PM

DisneyBlonde I sent you a Private message, it said how to get the Newsletter ! I know Tracy is pretty busy this week !
Since it is sent to your email address, she may not have it ! :sunny: :sunny:

Peter

Mickey&JoshNut
04-05-2006, 05:47 PM
I got some good news yesterday. My Grandmother loves watching the Ellen Show. Grandma is in the middle stages of Alzheimer's Disease but remembers to watch Ellen every weekday at 3:00 pm. I have been trying to get tickets to a taping. Third time is the charm, I scored tickets on my birthday next month.

Lesley....I'm soooooo jealous....I LOVE Ellen!!!!!! I would soooo love to see her show.....If you are lucky enough to actually talk to her...please tell her you know someone who has a tattoo of her Dory character!!!!

Here's my tattoo!!!!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d15/MickeyJoshNut123/DSCN3540.jpg

winotracy
04-05-2006, 05:49 PM
DisneyBlonde I sent you a Private message, it said how to get the Newsletter ! I know Tracy is pretty busy this week !
Since it is sent to your email address, she may not have it ! :sunny: :sunny:

Peter

Thanks DisneyBlonde! If you didn't get the e-mail, let me know. You're added to the list!! :thumbsup2

DisneyBlonde
04-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Been perusing the newsletters...Tracy, thanks for setting me up. Great info here, looks like a lot of work. Thank you for doing this. :thumbsup2

MommaluvsDis
04-05-2006, 10:36 PM
Since I look for my dentist to retire in a couple of years, I doubt he'd put that kind of money out. I don't mind waiting a week but 3 and just so he can go turkey hunting? This is the 2nd emergency crown I've had to have during turkey hunting week. Yeah, you guessed it, I live in a one horse town!!! And that horse looks like a donkey!!

Cindi0511
04-06-2006, 04:00 PM
Two questions for today:
1.) If anyone is traveling with passports, do we need to give those to Disney even if they aren't required yet?
2.) Any idea how we can keep the "old" issues of the newsletter online without Tracy having to use up all of her space? I'm sure there's a way, but offhand without putting some research into it, I'm not sure how. It was fun to read the ones I had missed. Any ideas?

And yes, we got most of our passports today -- just missing one of the kids. I'm so excited!!!!!

kpros
04-06-2006, 04:45 PM
Two questions for today:
1.) If anyone is traveling with passports, do we need to give those to Disney even if they aren't required yet?
2.) Any idea how we can keep the "old" issues of the newsletter online without Tracy having to use up all of her space? I'm sure there's a way, but offhand without putting some research into it, I'm not sure how. It was fun to read the ones I had missed. Any ideas?

And yes, we got most of our passports today -- just missing one of the kids. I'm so excited!!!!!

Hi Cindi

I don't think I understand your first question. Are you asking if you have to surrender your passport to DCL upon boarding or are you asking if you must have a passport for the Sept. 2006 cruise? We got our passports before the May 2005 repo and just used them for ID at the DCL terminal. It was nice to not have to worry about having the right copy of our birth certificates. So, if you have them, I would use them. We didn't have to surrender our passports to DCL.

As to #2 - I wonder if converting them to pdf format would save any space.

Ken

winotracy
04-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Hi Cindi

I don't think I understand your first question. Are you asking if you have to surrender your passport to DCL upon boarding or are you asking if you must have a passport for the Sept. 2006 cruise? We got our passports before the May 2005 repo and just used them for ID at the DCL terminal. It was nice to not have to worry about having the right copy of our birth certificates. So, if you have them, I would use them. We didn't have to surrender our passports to DCL.

As to #2 - I wonder if converting them to pdf format would save any space.

Ken

Ken, I tried converting them to pdf's with Adobe with lots of problems. I'll work on other ways. I do have a new place to put the shopping guides and excursion guide (thanks rob_b :sunny: ) so I will have more room for a while. I'll see if there is another way to make them into pdfs in the meantime.

kpros
04-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Ken, I tried converting them to pdf's with Adobe with lots of problems. I'll work on other ways. I do have a new place to put the shopping guides and excursion guide (thanks rob_b :sunny: ) so I will have more room for a while. I'll see if there is another way to make them into pdfs in the meantime.

I have had good luck in converting Microsoft Publisher files to pdf for my annual newletter that I do for the Arthritis Ride each year. Make a big difference in the file size. But I really don't know how other formats are effected by the pdf process. Does your newletter have a lot of web code in it?

Ken

Hygiene99
04-06-2006, 05:49 PM

Speaking of Rob_b is there a new video in the future ? :lmao: Just Wondering ! I know people are busy ! :sunny:

Tink33
04-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Pre-cruise Research

I wanted to share a book and DVD about the Eastern Caribbean.

Amazon has a book entitled Caribbean Ports of Call: Eastern and Southern Regions, 5th: A Guide for Today's Cruise Passengers . It reviews each port we will be visiting. I noticed it is on sale at amazon (http://www.amazon.com) for $7.18 right now.

If you have Netflix, there is a DVD Cruise Eastern Caribbean. It also includes the ports and a little history of each island. It is not the best travel DVD but it was nice to see the islands now.

papa
04-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Tracey I sent you the April newsletter in pdf form. I do not know how to combine it into one file yet as each page is a different pdf. Mike

papa
04-06-2006, 10:36 PM
Got it. Check second email I sent to you. Mike

Cindi0511
04-07-2006, 08:07 AM
Amazon has a book entitled Caribbean Ports of Call: Eastern and Southern Regions, 5th: A Guide for Today's Cruise Passengers . It reviews each port we will be visiting. I noticed it is on sale at amazon (http://www.amazon.com) for $7.18 right now.

Tink,

We've bought a couple of books and haven't found much, so this could be really helpful. Thanks so much!

Cindi

DisneyBlonde
04-07-2006, 10:34 AM
General first DCL cruise question...do DVC owners get any perks on DCL? What about Disney Stock holders?

Have a great weekend everyone.

Scott H
04-07-2006, 10:57 AM
DIZ,
I know there is nothing for shareholders, and sometimes a DVC reception. Of course there is always the opportunity to add on .

seaulater
04-07-2006, 01:15 PM
General first DCL cruise question...do DVC owners get any perks on DCL? What about Disney Stock holders?

Have a great weekend everyone.

If you booked with points, there generally is a gift from DVC on your stateroom bed as well as the Castaway Club gift for returning cruisers.

Also, if you stop at the DVC desk and "beg" they will give you freebies!

glindamood
04-07-2006, 03:05 PM
We cruised this past December and didn't get any sort of DVC gift - and we sailed on points. Actually - I can't remember the last time we got a gift from DVC in our cabin other than the bottle of wine or champagne that we got on our first cruise back in 2000.

EnchantedPlayroom
04-07-2006, 03:15 PM
Also, if you stop at the DVC desk and "beg" they will give you freebies!

What kind of freebies?! :listen: :rolleyes1

glindamood
04-07-2006, 04:46 PM
We have gotten luggage tags, can kozies, lanyards, baseball caps, visors and once we got watches (can't tell you they ever worked) in the past. Used to be they had a different one every day but not anymore. Be sure to go to the DVC reception they have as they do trivia and give away some pretty nice prizes (beach towels, blankets, photo albums).

DVC is the best thing we ever did - and we have owned since '93!

sandysplayhouse
04-07-2006, 05:40 PM
:love: Thanks for the tip Gail... being a DVC newbie, I appreciate any information I can get... (I was signed in at Brandy's house)

Sandy

Hygiene99
04-08-2006, 08:54 AM
We have gotten luggage tags, can kozies, lanyards, baseball caps, visors and once we got watches (can't tell you they ever worked) in the past. Used to be they had a different one every day but not anymore. Be sure to go to the DVC reception they have as they do trivia and give away some pretty nice prizes (beach towels, blankets, photo albums).

We love our dvc..

Thank Goodness, I just received a New Dvc red hat in the mail ! :teeth:

My other one is trashed.. Thanks princess:

Peter

MommaluvsDis
04-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Steve and I will be able join you on some of the pre-cruise activities as we changed our reservations for the night of the 16th from Ron Jon's to our home resort BWV. I've stayed there before but this will be Steve's first time.

We're going to TL during the day and float in the lazy river.

Scott H
04-08-2006, 10:05 AM
Hey Mike, hope you are all ok with the storms in TN.

seaulater
04-08-2006, 12:50 PM

mouse pads, buttons, pins, and writing pens. The DVC meeting is a great place to get free stuff. They like having owners show up to talk about how wonderful DVC is to non-owners.

Linda

Scott H
04-08-2006, 03:24 PM
They like having owners show up to talk about how wonderful DVC is to non-owners.

That's because we are the better sales people for their product.

Hygiene99
04-09-2006, 08:02 AM
mouse pads, buttons, pins, and writing pens. The DVC meeting is a great place to get free stuff. They like having owners show up to talk about how wonderful DVC is to non-owners.

Linda

Just had to get rid of the mouse pad it was so dirty & Gross :goodvibes
Target had another for about 3 bucks.

Happy Sunday everyone :teeth:

Im looking forward to work on Monday ! :lmao: :lmao:
(this guy is off his rocker) :crazy:

No big wins at the casino for Jenn yesrterday! :rolleyes:
Came home with a loss. - $1.00

Told her, you know we are never going to be able to do the cruises you want. :lmao: :sunny:

Peter

webray
04-09-2006, 08:50 AM
Hello everyone,

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Cheryl and Bob

Scott H
04-09-2006, 10:10 AM
Sorry Jenn did not win big, I didnít hit the lotto either. I can just see Jenn at the carps table rolling the dice saying ď come on 7 Peter needs a new cruiseĒ. :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Thanks C&B Pretty good weekend, gotta get ready to travel next week, off to Montana.

Looks like a damp rainy day for us today.

Lynn slept in and now itís time for breakfast. Mickey waffles might just be in order.

winotracy
04-09-2006, 11:06 AM
We're done dog sitting :woohoo: My mom came home from her RCCL cruise last night. She won in the casino! $1000. We got a good tip for watching the dog :thumbsup2

Looks like I have a solution to the space problem for the newsletters. Look for a new link for the next newsletter. Thanks Tony!

Beautiful day here again today! Got the backyard "patio sitting" ready yesterday so maybe we'll have to do some lounging today! Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend!!

Tracy

papa
04-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Great to talk to you last night Tracey. Scott hope that you and the family are doing great. I am going to wait until the Heating and Air Conditoner guys are through installing my new heat pump until I cut the grass. Ankle high and growing fast. Dogwood trees are in bloom here in Nashville and just about all of the trees have leaves on them now. Some bigger than others.

Looking forward to meeting new and old friends on the cruise :banana: . Mike

pahrumpgirl
04-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Hey everyone,

I was just checking out the roster and there are a lot of people going that haven't sent in pictures. :guilty: :sad2: It would really be great to be able to have faces that we can recoginize when we get on board the ship. :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana: How about some pictures? :yay: :yay:

Carol

Scott H
04-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Like Carol Said, they are handy to recognize folks. Expecially for those of us over 50, guess that is why Lynn sews my name in my clothes. LOL

dan and scott
04-09-2006, 04:57 PM
Ok gang,

Sorry I have been absent so long, however with all my planned cruises behind me I can now concentrate on this one! So in 20 words or less can someone catch me up to speed? LOL

Tracy-loved the newletters-as always great job!

Do you guys still want a lanyard and pin made? If so I could really use some help with the design of the pin (hint hint)

Can't wait to cruise with my old friends and meet some new ones!

I even subscribed to this thread to keep up to date!

Dan

Scott H
04-09-2006, 06:01 PM
Hi Dan, good to hear from ya here. I think Peter has a link that will get ya up to speed in short order.

I like the pin and lanyard idea but must admit any design beyond a stick figure is beyond me.

As you say cant wait to see old friends and meet new folks.

We just have one trip coming up here in about a month then this one is next.

Today was spent thinking about the May 07 repo to the Med, looks like it may work out for us.

BobandLee
04-09-2006, 06:01 PM
:wave2: GOOD EVENING :wave2:
Hope everyone had a great weekend. Was nice here. Could stand to be about 15į warmer, but at least the sun was out. :sunny:

Tippy and I just got back in from the yard work. Had to do the first mowing of the year. Also did a little raking of leaves and sticks left over from winter. Yes spring is here! :thumbsup2

Only 23 long weeks until the 11 day cruise. No vacation in between. By then we will be ready. :banana:

BobandLee
04-09-2006, 06:05 PM
Today was spent thinking about the May 07 repo to the Med, looks like it may work out for us.
Oh Oh looks like more pressure on me to give in and go on the repo cruise.

Probably will anyway. Lee has been checking the air fares back from Spain. :scared1:

"Oh I've never been to Spain..."

BobandLee
04-09-2006, 06:08 PM
Hey everyone,

I was just checking out the roster and there are a lot of people going that haven't sent in pictures. :guilty: :sad2: It would really be great to be able to have faces that we can recoginize when we get on board the ship. :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana: How about some pictures? :yay: :yay:

Carol

Funny thing about the pictures....I never submitted one, but there we are. :confused3

Just don't expect to see Scott in that pirate costume all the time. Or maybe we will.
And Peter.....are you sure that's you?
http://www.disneyinvitations.com/11night/photos/hygiene99.jpg

Hygiene99
04-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Ok gang,

Sorry I have been absent so long, however with all my planned cruises behind me I can now concentrate on this one! So in 20 words or less can someone catch me up to speed? LOL

Tracy-loved the newletters-as always great job!

Do you guys still want a lanyard and pin made? If so I could really use some help with the design of the pin (hint hint)

Can't wait to cruise with my old friends and meet some new ones!

I even subscribed to this thread to keep up to date!

Dan
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid180/p731df171ecfeb85fccc87edbc41462f1/f2ed307c.jpg :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid180/p0cb67e2e5b4be59d8c415b84511c177d/f2ed314e.jpg

Hygiene99
04-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Funny thing about the pictures....I never submitted one, but there we are. :confused3

Just don't expect to see Scott in that pirate costume all the time. Or maybe we will.
And Peter.....are you sure that's you?

I Sent it in for Ya !!!!! :teeth:From the May Roster !

winotracy
04-09-2006, 06:24 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid180/p731df171ecfeb85fccc87edbc41462f1/f2ed307c.jpg :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid180/p0cb67e2e5b4be59d8c415b84511c177d/f2ed314e.jpg

Dan, did I show you this lanyard on our August cruise? These were much nicer than the ones that we had. Pretty much a shoelace type of material. I thought they worked out great :thumbsup2

Where is Cathy (@goofynut)? Wasn't she going to try to come up with some sort of t-shirt design? Could be used as a pin design too.

BobandLee
04-09-2006, 06:38 PM
I Sent it in for Ya !!!!! :teeth:From the May Roster !

I should have known. That was so thoughtful of you....

you still can't have the hammock....
http://members.aol.com/robertj85/pict25.jpg

BobandLee
04-09-2006, 06:48 PM
Just had to get rid of the mouse pad it was so dirty & Gross :goodvibes
Target had another for about 3 bucks.

Peter
We replaced our DVC mousepad with this
http://members.aol.com/robertj85/1pad.jpg
It is priceless. Thanks again Georgie! :thumbsup2
ARGGGH! pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

Scott H
04-09-2006, 06:50 PM
If I am not in the Grass Skirt, it is the pirate outfit for me. Cutting down on packing.

Oh no the great hammock race is on again.

"Oh I've never been to Spain..." But have you been to Arizona? Did I get the right song?

BobandLee
04-09-2006, 06:56 PM
If I am not in the Grass Skirt, it is the pirate outfit for me. Cutting down on packing.

But have you been to Arizona? Did I get the right song?

sŪ, mi amigo

Hey, did you ever hear the story behind the name "Three Dog Night"?

Scott H
04-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Hey, did you ever hear the story behind the name "Three Dog Night"?

You mean like on a real cold night you would use three dogs on the bed to keep ya warm.

BobandLee
04-09-2006, 07:36 PM
You mean like on a real cold night you would use three dogs on the bed to keep ya warm.
:dog2: :dog2: :dog2:
Thought you might know. :)

Hygiene99
04-09-2006, 07:40 PM
We replaced our DVC mousepad with this
http://members.aol.com/robertj85/1pad.jpg
It is priceless. Thanks again Georgie! :thumbsup2
ARGGGH! pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

Yes it is..

Was not only you Several of the posters here have pictures from the May Roster :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:
Some of them have changed.
At posters request Q's My Princess is one of them... :love:

Hygiene99
04-09-2006, 08:04 PM

Ok

The question has been asked !

Would these lanyards be ok with Cruisers ? :confused3

Maybe a different color, and of course they would say something different ?
Like.
September 17, 2006 - 11 Night Southern Caribbean - Disney Wonder
All idea's are welcomed ?

Also Dan they are very expensive as I recall ? (Ken, help me here. )
We would be happy to pickup a portion of the cost, It took I think 6 people to pay for the last time this was done .

Peter

BobandLee
04-09-2006, 08:29 PM

http://members.aol.com/robertj85/1paw.jpg
I still like mine.

Like.
This would be cool considering the Carribean...
http://www.lanyardfactory.com/lanyards/neck/printed/im/modern-art-lanyards-15.jpg (http://www.lanyardfactory.com) from lanyardfactory.com (click pic)
We would be happy to pickup a portion of the cost, It took I think 6 people to pay for the last time this was done .

We would be glad to help out again. :thumbsup2

Scott H
04-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Count us in to help out also....

icunurse_celeste
04-09-2006, 08:34 PM
I like the ones Bob posted- very nice! I don't know how well printing would show-- but I also don't know if I care- because I REALLY LIKE the colors. For a girl whose favorite color is black, that is saying a lot. I would be willing to pay a portion as well- just let me know how much.

kpros
04-09-2006, 08:35 PM
[QUOTE=Hygiene99

Peter[/QUOTE]

The Lanyard cost about $1.75 each and the badge holder was about $.29 each.

We had 9 couples participate in paying for them.

Ken

BobandLee
04-09-2006, 08:39 PM
I like the ones Bob posted- very nice! I don't know how well printing would show-- but I also don't know if I care- because I REALLY LIKE the colors. For a girl whose favorite color is black, that is saying a lot. I would be willing to pay a portion as well- just let me know how much.
Black would show up well. White probably would also.
Maybe the insert would have some or all of the 11days in Paradise pic.
http://www.disneyinvitations.com/11night/images/CruiseLogo.jpg

Ken did a wonderful job on the PC lanyards. :thumbsup2
Was glad to help out with the cost.

Eeyore1928
04-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Hello everyone...looks like I have a lot of reading to do to catch up with this thread. We just booked today! There are 3 of us....me(Kristie) my DH Michael and our DD Ashley (3) almost 4!

Looking forward to this so much...just got off the March 18th cruise and we are excited to be going back again soon! :thumbsup2

BobandLee
04-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Welcome Eeyore1928 :wave:

Scott H
04-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Welcome aboard Kristie and crew.

Hygiene99
04-09-2006, 09:05 PM

But have you been to Arizona? Did I get the right song?

"There is no Arizona (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=70039&s=143441&i=70015)"

icunurse_celeste
04-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Hello everyone...looks like I have a lot of reading to do to catch up with this thread. We just booked today! There are 3 of us....me(Kristie) my DH Michael and our DD Ashley (3) almost 4!

Looking forward to this so much...just got off the March 18th cruise and we are excited to be going back again soon! :thumbsup2

Welcome!

MommaluvsDis
04-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Welcome Krisite and family!!

Is there some reason ( legal) that we couldn't use the Dis green with white writing? How would that be? It's a tropical color. I also like the pic Tracy uses on our newsletters for the pins. It would kinda tie everything together. JMO

Also, Steve and I will help with the costs, just let us know.

Looks like we'll be cruising again next year after all. We were going to skip a year and go to Vegas instead but since we have some points that will need to be used (of course, I could always bank them but I didn't tell Steve that part!) we decided to do Vegas the following year.

Hey Scott, you were one of the guys I named off when Steve asked who all and how many were wearing the grass skirts before he commited! I showed him the picture and then he was really on board....Yeah right! LOL! I finally told him that if we were going to have a great time, we had to participate. The highlight of our last cruise was him doing the magic act on stage with Rich!

Hygiene99
04-09-2006, 09:16 PM

Welcome Aboard !! :wizard:

Scott H. 1 800 800 9800 :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :wizard:

Hygiene99
04-09-2006, 09:26 PM
Black would show up well. White probably would also.
Maybe the insert would have some or all of the 11days in Paradise pic.
http://www.disneyinvitations.com/11night/images/CruiseLogo.jpg

Ken did a wonderful job on the PC lanyards. :thumbsup2
Was glad to help out with the cost.

I also love the idea

add disboards and a name good to go?

Kathy ???

If we use it We should send one to TDC Nala :love: :grouphug:

gouodux
04-09-2006, 11:08 PM
Speaking of Arizona . . . . . .

It was only in the low 90's today!

Haven't been here in about a month. Had to catch up. Looks like Leslie has been here. She left a post after Spring Break and WAAHH . . . no one wished me a Happy Birthday (that's okay, trying to quit celebrating them)!

Gonna try to add a few photo's of the girls . . . . .

file:///Users/lesliekirby/Pictures/Kodak%20Pictures/04-03-2006/100_0255.JPG

file:///Users/lesliekirby/Pictures/Kodak%20Pictures/04-03-2006/100_0265.JPG

Will see if this works. If not, what am I doing wrong. Really a rookie at this. Scared . . . . if it works, hope its not too big. Sorry if so.

webray
04-10-2006, 04:04 AM

Welcome! :cool1: :wave: :cheer2:

Scott H
04-10-2006, 07:00 AM
Hey Peter, Thanks for the phone number, saves me looking it up :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: OK now what number to I hit after I get through?????

I also like the lanyard that Bob posted, lots of good colors and would go with anything, especially grass skirts. :teeth:

kpros
04-10-2006, 08:47 AM
Hey Peter, Thanks for the phone number, saves me looking it up :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: OK now what number to I hit after I get through?????

3, 2, 1

We're all here to help.

Ken

Scott H
04-10-2006, 09:49 AM
It worked.

seaulater
04-10-2006, 10:36 AM
3, 2, 1

We're all here to help.

Ken

Ken-

glad to see as the newest DVC owner that you have already been trained!

Linda

kpros
04-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Ken-

glad to see as the newest DVC owner that you have already been trained!

Linda

Trained by one of the best! :thumbsup2

Ken

pahrumpgirl
04-10-2006, 02:49 PM

:welcome: :welcome: :cheer2: :cheer2: :yay: :yay:

Carol and Doug

pahrumpgirl
04-10-2006, 03:04 PM
Liked the colorful and the green lanyards. :thumbsup2 If you use black ink on the colorful ones it should show up. Also liked the idea of the picture used in Tracy's newsletter. :thumbsup2 Count us in to help pay for these.

Carol and Doug

sandysplayhouse
04-10-2006, 03:49 PM
OK... just FYI to whoever is IN CHARGE of being in Charge of everything... (Hygiene99, Scott H, Kpros, Winotracy?)

Lanyards... Count us in on helping to pay for these... I need 6

T-shirts... Is someone having these made? Count me in on these also... Is someone taking orders? I need 6 for our group. 3-XL and 3-L

Is anything else being cooked up that I may have missed?

Welcome to all the newcomers!
:welcome: :wave2: :dancer: :rockband: party: :dancer::wave2: :welcome:

Hygiene99
04-10-2006, 04:52 PM
OK... just FYI to whoever is IN CHARGE of being in Charge of everything... (Hygiene99, Scott H, Kpros, Winotracy?)

Lanyards... Count us in on helping to pay for these... I need 6

T-shirts... Is someone having these made? Count me in on these also... Is someone taking orders? I need 6 for our group. 3-XL and 3-L

Is anything else being cooked up that I may have missed?

Welcome to all the newcomers!
:welcome: :wave2: :dancer: :rockband: party: :dancer::wave2: :welcome:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: http://www.disneyinvitations.com/11night/images/CruiseLogo.jpg

This is just an idea for a t shirt that was done for us. ( TDC Nala )
If enough people like it we could open an online store at one of the well known on line t shirt shops and people could purchase what they would like!!

Here are a few ideas from the May repo :wizard:
The t shirt designs, you can order them off cafe press And Zazzle at your convience. There are 3 designs, the Second one was made by TDC Nala.

Design #1 Kingdom To Kingdom, @ Zazzle (http://www.zazzle.com/contributors/products/gallery/browse_results.asp?cid=238533387740711046)
Design #2, Repo This, @ Cafe Press (www.cafepress.com/repocruise/)
Design #3, PIN DESIGN ON A T shirt @ Zazzle.. (http://www.zazzle.com/products/product/product.asp?caching=on&product%5Fid=235217312005218054&index=1)
Design # 4, Pin Design on a T shirt POLO @ Zazzle. (http://www.zazzle.com/products/product/product.asp?caching=on&product%5Fid=235890739122935283&index=1)
TikiGirl = Cafe Press Discount Code. = GARDENSCRIPT

sandysplayhouse
04-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Hygiene...
I looked :magnify: at those t-shirts and they are great, but unfortunately, I didn't go on those cruises so I wouldn't feel right wearing the shirt.
While I am 6 people...(ok, now I sound :crazy: crazy, :lmao: but you know what I mean) how many people do we need to be interested before we can open an online store...? and how do we go about this? :confused: I'm not savy enough to do that, yet I feel that most people would purchase a shirt if they knew one was available. Can you PLEASE :worship: be in charge of doing this? or is someone else already doing it? I'm afraid I'm gonna fool around and end up shirt-LESS! :scared: :faint:

winotracy
04-10-2006, 06:01 PM
Hygiene...
I looked :magnify: at those t-shirts and they are great, but unfortunately, I didn't go on those cruises so I wouldn't feel right wearing the shirt.
While I am 6 people...(ok, now I sound :crazy: crazy, :lmao: but you know what I mean) how many people do we need to be interested before we can open an online store...? and how do we go about this? :confused: I'm not savy enough to do that, yet I feel that most people would purchase a shirt if they knew one was available. Can you PLEASE :worship: be in charge of doing this? or is someone else already doing it? I'm afraid I'm gonna fool around and end up shirt-LESS! :scared: :faint:

You don't need to have any more interest other than you. I have the original artwork for the design from TDCNala (the one in the newsletter). If people tell me what types of items they are interested, I'll post it on CafePress or Zazzle. Personally I like CafePress. There are many clothing options and other products, including magnets, notebooks, coasters, etc.

Hygiene99
04-10-2006, 06:09 PM
You don't need to have any more interest other than you. I have the original artwork for the design from TDCNala (the one in the newsletter). If people tell me what types of items they are interested, I'll post it on CafePress or Zazzle. Personally I like CafePress. There are many clothing options and other products, including magnets, notebooks, coasters, etc.
Thank you Tracy !!

I Dont know how to do it either.. :rotfl2:

You can always add stuff. !! :teeth:
Peter

sandysplayhouse
04-10-2006, 06:51 PM

:worship: THANK YOU Tracy! You are the best... Not like you aren't busy or anything. Please let us know which website and when it is ready to look at... THANK YOU so much!:love:

Dopeylover54
04-10-2006, 07:26 PM
Ok

Like.

Peter[/QUOTE]

We would like to help defur the cost of the lanyards by contributing to the cause.

BobandLee
04-10-2006, 07:29 PM
I also love the idea

add disboards and a name good to go?
Like this---
http://members.aol.com/robertj85/1lan.jpg
with this
http://www.lanyardfactory.com/lanyards/neck/printed/im/modern-art-lanyards-15.jpg
Comments? :confused3

If we use it We should send one to TDC Nala :love: :grouphug:
Sure. I'm sure she'd love them since they would be so "Hot, Hot, Hot".

BobandLee
04-10-2006, 07:34 PM
It worked.
Congrats! :thumbsup2

winotracy
04-10-2006, 07:39 PM
Ok, your wish is my command.

http://www.cafepress.com/wonder11day

If you would like the logo moved, I think I still can, but we can't have two of the same items with different logo placement. The logos can go on the front, back or pocket area.

spros
04-10-2006, 07:46 PM
PINS??????

Ok I would like to offer my service to arrange a special pin for our cruise. I would welcome all input for a design then would get the design approved at the pin company and then take orders and payments.

Lanyards??????????????
So pins and lanyards go together so I could take care of this as well.

I really can't concentrate on this until after the 14 day cruise!

Looking forward to the fun!

Dan

Hi Dan:

Are you still doing the pins and lanyards?

Hygiene99
04-10-2006, 07:51 PM
Like this---
with this
http://www.lanyardfactory.com/lanyards/neck/printed/im/modern-art-lanyards-15.jpg
Comments? :confused3

Sure. I'm sure she'd love them since they would be so "Hot, Hot, Hot".

Sort of .
Ken Came up with one also !
Would Go Great with the lanyard you have chosen..
Emailed it to me earlier. KEN ?

Hygiene99
04-10-2006, 07:53 PM

If you would like the logo moved, I think I still can, but we can't have two of the same items with different logo placement. The logos can go on the front, back or pocket area.

Wow great. :wizard:

MommaluvsDis
04-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Great job Tracy! JMO but I think the big logo would look good on the back and therefore everyone could see our lanyard and badges better. Anyone else with an idea for or against?

I like the multi lanyards I think best.

When would we wear these? At the sailaway party? At embarkation?

first timers
04-10-2006, 08:09 PM
Like this---
with this
Comments? :confused3 .

I love the name badge and the multicolored logo, but should the lanyards have a shorter phrase like "11 WONDERful Nights in Paradise"? -Alex

BobandLee
04-10-2006, 08:12 PM
I like the multi lanyards I think best.

Yes. Yes. Yes. You understand, when you put the lanyard on, you keep it on for the whole cruise. That way everyone else knows that you are "one of those lanyard people" :rotfl:
We had quite the reputation on the westbound canal cruise. :thumbsup2

BobandLee
04-10-2006, 08:15 PM

Very nice Tracy. Like the black one(for me), but white or light grey would probably be better for the cruise.

icunurse_celeste
04-10-2006, 08:21 PM
I like the multicolored ones- goes well with the name tag Bob posted- but I also have not seen the one that Ken has done for this trip....

We wore our lanyards all over the ship- off the ship in ports, and at DL after the cruise. :rotfl2: We found we used them to hold fast pass tickets, etc...we are still very fond of ours.

I am trying to see how many people are still interested in the Diserthon at Sea - 13.1 miles----it would be casual, do it at your own pace and the first people to finish would get a trophy and all others would get a medal and a shirt. If there are not enough people interested, I won't do it because it wouldn't be cost effective to order all of the stuff.....if you think you might be interested, please PM me. I am guessing between $10-20 and I probably need 25 people to order stuff due to min. by the companies....

winotracy
04-10-2006, 08:26 PM
The image is the largest I can make it. Personally I don't really like logos on the back, but I can add it there if you want it. If you do, just tell me which shirt you would like to see it on the back and we can do that. Bob, I liked the way the logo looked with the black t-shirt. I don't know who would want to have a black shirt on a Caribbean cruise. Might get a wee bit warm!

We always were our lanyards throughout the whole cruise. You probably won't meet everyone in our group on the first day. In fact on our last cruise there was one person that I didn't meet until we were getting off the ship in Port Canaveral -- two weeks later!!

gouodux
04-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Dangit!! Aren't our girls beautiful in their text format?!

Anyone know what I did wrong? Other's have included photo's in their posts. I can't figure it out.

sandysplayhouse
04-10-2006, 08:33 PM

:worship: Thank you Tracy. Thank you SO much. I've already ordered my shirts... whew.. I feel better. Thanks. :love:

Hygiene99
04-10-2006, 08:36 PM

We wear ours around all the time it is great to keep the KTTW in . :wizard:

MommaluvsDis
04-10-2006, 08:42 PM
Sorry guys, I'm not the brightest blub in the package! :crazy: I meant when do we wear the t-shirts?

Hygiene99
04-10-2006, 08:42 PM

Anyone know what I did wrong? Other's have included photo's in their posts. I can't figure it out.

1. picture must be stored Online.
2. put this before the code insert code here. and this should be at end of code
to look like this.

file:///Users/lesliekirby/Pictures/Kodak%20Pictures/04-03-2006/100_0255.JPG
if the code was good you would see picture !!

we use imagestation to store pictures online.

winotracy
04-10-2006, 08:43 PM

You need to upload them to the internet first. Use a site like Imagestation or Photobucket. They are free. Once you upload them, you can post them here.

sandysplayhouse
04-10-2006, 08:56 PM
I also like the multicolored lanyard best.. it is very tropical looking and perfect for this cruise. :cool1:

We also wore our lanyards ALL the time on our 7 day cruise, kept our KTTW cards in them and had our green alien head Mickey's attached to them with our DIS names on them so we could be recognized by fellow DISers. :teeth:

kpros
04-10-2006, 09:21 PM
Sort of .
Ken Came up with one also !
Would Go Great with the lanyard you have chosen..
Emailed it to me earlier. KEN ?

Peter

If you have someplace to post it, feel free to show it here. I don't have a place to post it. I'm a little Internet challenged right now.

Ken

winotracy
04-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Sorry guys, I'm not the brightest blub in the package! :crazy: I meant when do we wear the t-shirts?

Whenever you want!! If we have multiple designs, you can have multiple days of outfits set! Now we need more designs!

By the way, if anyone orders from CafePress and gets a discount code, let me know what the code is. Feel free to have them e-mail me at t*******@fastmail.fm. Thanks!

winotracy
04-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Peter

If you have someplace to post it, feel free to show it here. I don't have a place to post it. I'm a little Internet challenged right now.

Ken

Here are two designs that Ken has made. Personally, I like Shari's best.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/pf227d1bc2a3ec7ba2c1c9c5b4af8c499/ef7dc7e1.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p66507e632a773aa34927d8db293dd23a/ef7dc7d6.jpg

icunurse_celeste
04-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Here are two designs that Ken has made. Personally, I like Shari's best.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/pf227d1bc2a3ec7ba2c1c9c5b4af8c499/ef7dc7e1.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p66507e632a773aa34927d8db293dd23a/ef7dc7d6.jpg
I like Shari's better too....maybe the colors could be tweaked slightly to match those in the sunset- or maybe the do and it is my monitor. :guilty:

Mickey&JoshNut
04-10-2006, 10:27 PM
I know I cancelled this cruise but I am still living all the excitement by reading the thread....I'm getting teary eyed thinking about our MAGICal lanyards from the May repo cruise :sad: :sad: . ...they were sooooo cool and it was fun to be known as a "lanyard person".....and I wish I was still joining you guys so I could have had a cool new lanyard :sad: :sad: BUT if I was cruising with you guys (I still have 159 days to change my mind).....I would have to say that Shari's design deserves :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Scott H
04-11-2006, 02:17 AM
I also like Shari's design, the Mickey's match the multi-colored lanyard, or at least, have the same "tropical" feel to it.
Lynn :eeyore:

winotracy
04-11-2006, 04:57 AM
My only concern with the tropical colored lanyard is the material it is made of. The ones we had last year were not good. They were a soft cotton.

Scott H
04-11-2006, 05:54 AM
Hey Tracy thanks for the cafe press link, could we also add a travel mug? Would be KEWL to have for my early morning coffee after a run, to go with the Krispy Kreme and sunrise. I hope to be cleared to run by then.

Oh I like the Shari multi color dude it's groovy :hippie:

webray
04-11-2006, 06:44 AM
My only concern with the tropical colored lanyard is the material it is made of. The ones we had last year were not good. They were a soft cotton.

Shari's looks great. The lanyards Ken made for the first repo were great..material was excellent. Love the lanyard Bob found if it is the right material.

winotracy
04-11-2006, 07:11 AM
Hey Tracy thanks for the cafe press link, could we also add a travel mug? Would be KEWL to have for my early morning coffee after a run, to go with the Krispy Kreme and sunrise. I hope to be cleared to run by then.

Oh I like the Shari multi color dude it's groovy :hippie:

I'd love to but they don't have a travel mug :scared1: Just a large mug (which is added), regular mug and a stein. Maybe we can find another place that has a travel mug. I'll look.

Scott H
04-11-2006, 07:26 AM
Bummer on the travel mug, I think imagestation has one.

winotracy
04-11-2006, 07:42 AM
Bummer on the travel mug, I think imagestation has one.

I didn't see one on imagestation, but Snapfish and Kodakgallery both have one for $15.99. If anyone needs the original artwork to order something else from a different site, let me know.

kpros
04-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Wow - after all the activity yesterday, it really is slow around here today.

Ken

icunurse_celeste
04-11-2006, 02:21 PM
Okay--here is information from the company that makes the lanyard: it is made of polyester and is 5/8 inches wide. So- if you want to compare it to the May ones- this should be a little wider and the material will be heavier. As everyone knows Polyester is next to impossible to destroy and could be washed if needed without shrinking or fading. As there is such a low min. order, I might see if I could order some additional lanyards for my family that would hold our cell phones...cool.

From the website:
Our modern art lanyards imitate the looks of the era of the 50s, 60s, and 70s retro, flower child, trippy, hippie groovy, psychedelic or abstract pop arts. We term them modern art lanyards: abstract lanyards with abstract arts, geometric lanyards with geometric drawings, psychedelic lanyards with psychedelic modern arts, the trippy lanyards with the 60's trippy artworks, pop art lanyards, the groovy lanyards with hippie groovy pictures - whatever you like to call it. You can find a variety of paintings and products that have the same style of artworks, such as fabrics, clothing, purses, handbags, jackets, T-shirts, cups, mugs, socks and more.

Specifications: Modern Art Lanyards: Abstract, Geometric, Psychedelic, Trippy, Groovy, Pop Arts Lanyards.
1. Standard Width of Blue Plaid Lanyards: 5/8".
2. Standard Length of Webbing/Straps: 34". Optional Length: Any custom length available, like 12", 14",18",20",22",24",32",36",42",48" and more.
3. Webbing/Straps Material: High quality and heavy duty polyester webbing, non-wrinkle lanyard straps.
4. Standard Colors of Webbing/Straps: In stock: black, royal blue and red colors. Optional color: navy blue, white, red, yellow, orange, grey, burgundy, dark green, light green, purple and teal colors - minimum order 100 pieces. Special Pantone PMS colors with a minimum order of 5000 pieces or more.
5. Standard Hardware Attachments: Metal: Ez-Adjustable nickel color: swivel hooks, badge clips, key rings or cell phone connector.
6. Optional Hardware Attachments: Heavy duty snap hooks with nickel, black nickel, antique brass or gold colors available.
Safety breakaway buckles.
Double-Ends and Double Hardware Attachments.

7. Plain, Blank, Non-Imprinted Models: In stock: black, red and royal blue colors with any custom length - can be shipped right away.
8. Pre-Printed Models: In Stock: Dye-Sublimated Multi-Color Blue Plaid Lanyards. Please check our online lanyard catalog for more information.
9. Custom Imprinting: On top of pre-printed modern art lanyards ( as back ground colors), any customized or personalized logo imprinting available - by way of silk screen imprint.
10. Applications: Used as modern art neck lanyards or modern art wrist lanyards.
11. Minimum Order: 2 Pieces/Per Color, Per Style - Small Minimum Order.
Good for personal use or for small business, resellers, wholesalers, distributors, kids party, out door adventure, fundraisers, event fundraising or promotional giveaway gifts.