PDA

View Full Version : 2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 3

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Diana Lyn
05-01-2006, 09:56 PM
OMG - I never knew that they could do that kind of research on a little tick!! And, no thank you, I would NOT want a tick mailed to my house. :scared1:

Just a little incentive for you guys to stay on my good side! :rolleyes1

It's amazing all the info out there on ticks. This was a deer tick, that much I'm sure of. The concern for me is we have a lot of deer in this neighborhood and that's where the ticks that transmit lyme disease get it from. Fortunatlely it's takes 36 hours for a tick to transmit the bacteria. This guy wasn't in her for more than a few hours. That's your tick lesson for the night folks. :teacher: Don't forget to check out your loved ones before they climb into bed tonight! :crazy:

WDWLVR
05-01-2006, 09:59 PM
Doing an exchange of circle journals is one thing Diana but please don't send your tick. :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Stitch#1
05-01-2006, 10:03 PM
Wow--we are pretty close! It was really quiet here today. We had a busy day here and tomorrow will be another one.

:cheer2: Great news, Julia is totally fine today and her little friend will be mailed off in the morning. :scared: It's amazing the technology that exists. You mail a dead bug off to a lab and they send you a report about it--what type of tick it is, what stage of it's life it was in before Bruce went and murdered it, how much blood it sucked out of my poor baby daughter. They'll even be able to tell me how long it was on her. :confused3 I know it's wasn't more than 4 hours because I changed her diaper after her nap and it wasn't there then.

If I wasn't looking so forward to receiving the ticks life story, someone here just might have gotten an anonymous critter mailed off to you. I have alot of your addresses!! :lmao:

Oh boy everything you wnated to know :crazy2:
Yuck.
I'd be like "Doc just let me know if my baby need to take some meds because of that yucky thing!"

I took a clas at the local Scrapbook store today and cleaned house. Nothing at all exciting abot cleaning house but the class was fun. I did like 9 disney pages, 6x6 size.

WDWLVR
05-01-2006, 10:05 PM
Congrats to Stacy on post #8000!

tinkerbelle77
05-01-2006, 10:13 PM
Did anyone notice we are getting very close to a milestone! :banana:
I noticed it also!!! 8,000 here we come...at this rate we will be at 10,000 before we know it!! LOL! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cool1:

Stitch#1
05-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Yea for me! I just realized what number it was. I've been going back and forth between the boards an IM with Curt & Karen!

BCVOwner2002
05-01-2006, 10:23 PM
Congratulations Stacy on the 8,000th post! I can't believe how fast the posts are adding up!

Annmarie

alikat99
05-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Oh boy everything you wnated to know :crazy2:
Yuck.
I'd be like "Doc just let me know if my baby need to take some meds because of that yucky thing!"

I took a clas at the local Scrapbook store today and cleaned house. Nothing at all exciting abot cleaning house but the class was fun. I did like 9 disney pages, 6x6 size.
Ooohh Stacy, that sounds like fun!! I'm going to head to my LSS tomorrow, because they are having a big Quickutz sale in honor of National Scrapbook day. They are having specials all week, and tomorrow is QK day, so I'll have to see what they have. On Wednesday, they'll be having all Bazzill cardstock on sale for only 30 cents each, which I need to stock up on. A girl can't have too much cardstock, that's for sure!!

alikat99
05-01-2006, 10:35 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: Congrats on post 8000, Stacy!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Stitch#1
05-01-2006, 10:36 PM
Ooohh Stacy, that sounds like fun!! I'm going to head to my LSS tomorrow, because they are having a big Quickutz sale in honor of National Scrapbook day. They are having specials all week, and tomorrow is QK day, so I'll have to see what they have. On Wednesday, they'll be having all Bazzill cardstock on sale for only 30 cents each, which I need to stock up on. A girl can't have too much cardstock, that's for sure!!

I signed up for the second class. The pages are really cute. I'l have to scan a couple and post them

alikat99
05-01-2006, 10:36 PM
I noticed it also!!! 8,000 here we come...at this rate we will be at 10,000 before we know it!! LOL! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cool1:
Have we converted you into a talking-machine, Tina??? This group is certainly addicting!!!

alikat99
05-01-2006, 10:37 PM
I signed up for the second class. The pages are really cute. I'l have to scan a couple and post them
Most definitely!!! I would LOVE to see them!!!

alikat99
05-01-2006, 10:39 PM
Well, it's off to bed for me!!! I need to get up early to continue the cleaning/organizing to get ready for Madison's party on Saturday. And, to top it off, Emily's out of school on Friday, so the day that I would probably do all my errands to pick up party supplies needs to be a day earlier than I thought.

:cloud9: :cloud9: Oh well, sweet DISNEY dreams everyone!!! :cloud9: :cloud9:

tinkerbelle77
05-01-2006, 11:46 PM
Have we converted you into a talking-machine, Tina??? This group is certainly addicting!!!
I'm still lurking a little, but I'm coming out more and more, so you all better watch out! You may have a maniac on your hands and you don't even know it yet!!! :rotfl: :rotfl2:

tinkerbelle77
05-01-2006, 11:48 PM
Stacy....Congrats on the 8,000th post!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

cgcw
05-02-2006, 06:53 AM
:cheer2: Great news, Julia is totally fine today and her little friend will be mailed off in the morning. :scared: It's amazing the technology that exists. You mail a dead bug off to a lab and they send you a report about it--what type of tick it is, what stage of it's life it was in before Bruce went and murdered it, how much blood it sucked out of my poor baby daughter. They'll even be able to tell me how long it was on her. :confused3 I know it's wasn't more than 4 hours because I changed her diaper after her nap and it wasn't there then.

If I wasn't looking so forward to receiving the ticks life story, someone here just might have gotten an anonymous critter mailed off to you. I have alot of your addresses!! :lmao:

Glad to hear all they can provide. Isn't that amazing from one little dead bug. Just how did Bruce get it off of Julia? I've heard tweezers are the best option.

I'll pass on the envelope too. :scared:

cgcw
05-02-2006, 06:55 AM
:cheer2: :cheer2: Congratulations, Stacy!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

:banana: :banana: 8000 posts!!!! :banana: :banana:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: ~~ WOW ~~ :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

cgcw
05-02-2006, 06:57 AM
I'm still lurking a little, but I'm coming out more and more, so you all better watch out! You may have a maniac on your hands and you don't even know it yet!!! :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Hey, some of us resemble that remark! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Many of us were very quiet at the beginning of the SSMC05 thread. ::yes:: ;)

Look how far we've come. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Stitch#1
05-02-2006, 07:00 AM
Hey, some of us resemble that remark! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Many of us were very quiet at the beginning of the SSMC05 thread. ::yes:: ;)

Look how far we've come. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Here, here, I second that! :thumbsup2
You do resemble that remark! :lmao: Oh wait so do I :rotfl2:

cgcw
05-02-2006, 07:02 AM
Here, here, I second that! :thumbsup2
You do resemble that remark! :lmao: Oh wait so do I :rotfl2:

I'm afraid to tally just how many of us fall into this same category. :teeth:

Stacy, you're not all that far from post #1000 for you! Keep posting, my friend. :chat: :chat: :chat:

WDWLVR
05-02-2006, 07:04 AM
Good morning everyone! Stacy I would love to see your pages. I always love seeing what others are doing with their scrapbooks! That's why I love the CJ idea. I love seeing what others are doing.

Diana Lyn
05-02-2006, 07:05 AM
I'm afraid to tally just how many of us fall into this same category. :teeth:

Stacy, you're not all that far from post #1000 for you! Keep posting, my friend. :chat: :chat: :chat:

And I'm getting really close to 3000!! It's funny because when I joined the SSMC05 thread I only had a couple of hundred posts, I got 1000 there and 2000 was the day I booked SSM06. I can't believe I'm already at almost 3000! I guess I fall into that category as well!

:cheer2: Congrats on Post 8000 Stacy!!! :cheer2:

Diana Lyn
05-02-2006, 07:07 AM
Good morning everyone! Stacy I would love to see your pages. I always love seeing what others are doing with their scrapbooks! That's why I love the CJ idea. I love seeing what others are doing.

I saw the book at the store on Friday night and it is so cute!!! I'm thinking I'm going to have to scraplift some of it when I do the girls autograph book for October! :scratchin

Diana Lyn
05-02-2006, 07:14 AM
Glad to hear all they can provide. Isn't that amazing from one little dead bug. Just how did Bruce get it off of Julia? I've heard tweezers are the best option.

Tweezers. It's funny because you go online to see the best method and every site has conflicting info. I always heard to put Vaseline on it. I've never had a tick, seen a tick, even knew someone who had one. They don't have many ticks in Staten Island and I'm no nature girl. So I hand Bruce the Vaseline and dart to the computer. First site---DONT put Vaseline on it. :badpc: Seriously, the very first words in the article. :sad2: So I yell---DONT do it! Too late. But then the next 5 sites said put Vaseline on it. :confused3 Other home remedies--gasoline (yea, ok, she's 18 months' old!), a hot match (ok, child abuse?), nail polish there's a bunch more too. Vaseline seemed like the least of all those evils.

I'll pass on the envelope too. :scared:

Like I said, just stay on my good side. :stir: :furious: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

BCVOwner2002
05-02-2006, 07:24 AM
Good Morning All! It's rainy and windy in MA today. We could use the rain though since there have been a lot of fires due to the dry conditions.

Diana - I'm glad to hear Julia is fine. I hate bugs - except the ones at A Bug's Life! :rotfl2:

I can't believe we haven't heard anything from DVC about SSMC06. I check my email every morning hoping that something will be there but nothing new yet! Thank goodness for this thread! I'm able to get my daily dose and learning more and more about my cruise mates!

Last night, I planned our next trip to WDW: May 2007. My BF lives in Safety Harbor, FL and her oldest son graduates from HS on May 19. I'm thinking we'll spend a week at WDW and get one more trip out of our APs! Then we'll move over to the West Coast for a few days and surprise her son. She doesn't want me to tell her son that we will be coming down for his graduation. Any suggestions for hotels in the Safety Harbor/Clearwater/St. Pete area? Someone mentioned the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa but I'm not sure if I want to stay there.

Annmarie

cgcw
05-02-2006, 07:29 AM
I saw the book at the store on Friday night and it is so cute!!! I'm thinking I'm going to have to scraplift some of it when I do the girls autograph book for October! :scratchin

scraplift?!? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Curt, is that a punishable crime? :lmao: :lmao:

cgcw
05-02-2006, 07:32 AM
Tweezers. It's funny because you go online to see the best method and every site has conflicting info. I always heard to put Vaseline on it. I've never had a tick, seen a tick, even knew someone who had one. They don't have many ticks in Staten Island and I'm no nature girl. So I hand Bruce the Vaseline and dart to the computer. First site---DONT put Vaseline on it. :badpc: Seriously, the very first words in the article. :sad2: So I yell---DONT do it! Too late. But then the next 5 sites said put Vaseline on it. :confused3 Other home remedies--gasoline (yea, ok, she's 18 months' old!), a hot match (ok, child abuse?), nail polish there's a bunch more too. Vaseline seemed like the least of all those evils.

Like I said, just stay on my good side. :stir: :furious: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

So, the vasoline made the tick release? I'll have to toss a small jar in my daycare bag just in case.

The parents of the little boy who went home with one on his stomach tried the burn it out method -- not sure exactly with what.......but let's just say, it didn't work. :crazy: The next day, when he came back, there was no evidence of where the tick was, but there was a slight burn mark from their attempt at removing it. :eek:

alikat99
05-02-2006, 07:32 AM
Good Morning All! It's rainy and windy in MA today. We could use the rain though since there have been a lot of fires due to the dry conditions.

Diana - I'm glad to hear Julia is fine. I hate bugs - except the ones at A Bug's Life! :rotfl2:

I can't believe we haven't heard anything from DVC about SSMC06. I check my email every morning hoping that something will be there but nothing new yet! Thank goodness for this thread! I'm able to get my daily dose and learning more and more about my cruise mates!

Last night, I planned our next trip to WDW: May 2007. My BF lives in Safety Harbor, FL and her oldest son graduates from HS on May 19. I'm thinking we'll spend a week at WDW and get one more trip out of our APs! Then we'll move over to the West Coast for a few days and surprise her son. She doesn't want me to tell her son that we will be coming down for his graduation. Any suggestions for hotels in the Safety Harbor/Clearwater/St. Pete area? Someone mentioned the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa but I'm not sure if I want to stay there.

Annmarie
Annmarie - that's my neck of the woods. I live here in the north part of St. Pete. What are you looking for in a hotel?? Do you want something on the beach? Or just something to sleep in?? There are some beautiful hotels around here. The Don CeSar is down on St. Pete Beach (I got married there), The Renaissance Vinoy is downtown St. Pete next to the pier. There are LOTS of beach hotels like the Sheraton Sand Key. Or, there's a Hyatt on the Tampa side of the Causeway bridge over to Safety Harbor.

Let me know if I can help.

Diana Lyn
05-02-2006, 07:40 AM
So, the vasoline made the tick release? I'll have to toss a small jar in my daycare bag just in case.

The parents of the little boy who went home with one on his stomach tried the burn it out method -- not sure exactly with what.......but let's just say, it didn't work. :crazy: The next day, when he came back, there was no evidence of where the tick was, but there was a slight burn mark from their attempt at removing it. :eek:

The vaseline did work. I guess the reason why they say not to do all those things is because, yes, it does kill the bug, but the tramatic event can stress it out and cause it to release more of it's poison. In our case, he wasn't there very long, he wasn't engorged so that wasn't really an issue. It suffocates them and makes it easier to pluck it out. It was still very hard to pull out. Poor kid. It was on her inner thigh. Bruce had the tick in the tweezers, I was holding her down smothering her in kisses. He had that thing pulled a good 3 inches and her thigh was coming with it. :scared: It was dead, but still didn't want to let go. That's the other thing--when you are removing ticks, you need to make sure all of it's mouthparts go out too. They'd look like little splinters at the bite site. That is how infection happens. :teacher:

Or, you can always just call me because now I know everything you've always wanted about ticks...... :teacher:

cgcw
05-02-2006, 07:46 AM
The vaseline did work. I guess the reason why they say not to do all those things is because, yes, it does kill the bug, but the tramatic event can stress it out and cause it to release more of it's poison. In our case, he wasn't there very long, he wasn't engorged so that wasn't really an issue. It suffocates them and makes it easier to pluck it out. It was still very hard to pull out. Poor kid. It was on her inner thigh. Bruce had the tick in the tweezers, I was holding her down smothering her in kisses. He had that thing pulled a good 3 inches and her thigh was coming with it. :scared: It was dead, but still didn't want to let go. That's the other thing--when you are removing ticks, you need to make sure all of it's mouthparts go out too. They'd look like little splinters at the bite site. That is how infection happens. :teacher:

Or, you can always just call me because now I know everything you've always wanted about ticks...... :teacher:

Yikes! How horrible for Julia. And, Emma for that matter too. She must have been confused as to what you were doing to her sister. :scared:

I just might have to call you! I hope not.

Unfortunately, there have been experiences that I've gone through with my own kids and the daycare kids that I would prefer to have not to gone through too. :sad2:

MaryJ
05-02-2006, 08:09 AM
Just wanted to chime in here and say "I sent you a lovely scrapbook yesterday. No ticks were included! Glad you were able to get that critter off safely!

curtdennis
05-02-2006, 08:11 AM
scraplift?!? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Curt, is that a punishable crime? :lmao: :lmao:

Where Diana is concerned you never know. First she bites, granted not hard but its still an aggravated assault. Then she admits to and publicly threatens to sics bugs possibly carrying infectious diseases - they deal with those crimes at The Hague. So there are SO MANY offenses being perpetuated here. :rotfl: I'd ask the Supremes for a ruling but they are busy with Anna Nicole Smith....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
All kidding aside, Diana I'm glad that you were able to fix up the little'un, and my hopes are for a clean bill of health from the lab. Karen and I may be child free, but I never like to see kids get sick from everyday things.

Ok, reality over - back to my sarcastic self!!

curtdennis
05-02-2006, 08:19 AM
Stacy you two timer!!!!! :p

:cool1: CONGRATULATIONS ON 8,000th POST:banana:

WDWLVR
05-02-2006, 08:23 AM
Karen (ohiominnie) from SSMC05 posted this on our May thread. Very cool link!

This is REALLY cool. (and funny at times to boot--you know me, I don't like seriousness for long periods of time!)

http://home.uchicago.edu/~yli5/Flash/Fire.html

btw, click on "lyrics" if you need some help! :)

Diana Lyn
05-02-2006, 08:35 AM

That is so cool! :cool1:

I actually did a report similar to that in HS with a sentence about each thing mentioned. Can you imagine how hard that was without the internet? Remember microfilm and microfiche? Do they even have that anymore?

You guys already knew I was a geek, so I'm not even embarrassed by this anymore! :blush:

cgcw
05-02-2006, 09:10 AM
That is so cool! :cool1:

I actually did a report similar to that in HS with a sentence about each thing mentioned. Can you imagine how hard that was without the internet? Remember microfilm and microfiche? Do they even have that anymore?

You guys already knew I was a geek, so I'm not even embarrassed by this anymore! :blush:

That is cool! :thumbsup2

I remember microfische -- it was bad enough to have to check signatures in the bank with it but then to have to use it to reconcile someones checkbook -- it was a nightmare.

Makes me wonder what things our kids will say "can you believe they use to have.....". :guilty:

Just the other day Walker & I had a conversation about there not being a microwave when I was little. Walker wanted to know first if they had hot dogs back then and second, how did we cook them. Ummmm, in a pot with boiling water. He just couldn't believe it.

Look how far we've come. Imagine what the future holds. :goodvibes

RRBB
05-02-2006, 10:01 AM
Good morning. I think??? Ian woke about 12:30 sick. Poor little guy. After a couple more bouts he basically had dry heaves every hour or so the rest of the night. Guess we won't be going to Little Gym class today. All I want to do is crawl into bed and sleep the day away, but somehow I don't think that's a possibility.

This is only the second time Ian's been sick like this - the first time was our last day at WDW in October. (I think he was trying to tell us he didn't want to go home or something.) I can't get him to drink the Pedialite or take any tummy medicine. But he saw the cookie box and wants those. :rolleyes:

alikat99
05-02-2006, 10:06 AM
Good morning guys! I just got a code in the mail from Cafe Press for free shipping on orders over $50. I don't know about anyone else, but with t-shirts for my family of 4, plus an ornament and who knows what else, I can easily spend $50. Anyway, the code is MOMSHIP and is good through Friday (05/05). Off to shop!!!

RRBB
05-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Fun link Mary. Thanks for sharing.
Makes me wonder what things our kids will say "can you believe they use to have.....". :guilty:
I remember when my sister and niece - 3 1/2 at the time - were visiting me in Tucson, we went to the Children's Museum. We were in the grocery store area and when it was my nieces turn to be the cashier, she "scanned" the items even though there weren't any scanner markings and the cash register was really one of those old adding machines with the buttons to push and handle to pull. It really caught me off guard but then I realized that's the only way she'd seen it done at the grocery store.

alikat99
05-02-2006, 10:19 AM
Very cool!! I love that song!!

alikat99
05-02-2006, 10:25 AM
Good morning. I think??? Ian woke about 12:30 sick. Poor little guy. After a couple more bouts he basically had dry heaves every hour or so the rest of the night. Guess we won't be going to Little Gym class today. All I want to do is crawl into bed and sleep the day away, but somehow I don't think that's a possibility.

This is only the second time Ian's been sick like this - the first time was our last day at WDW in October. (I think he was trying to tell us he didn't want to go home or something.) I can't get him to drink the Pedialite or take any tummy medicine. But he saw the cookie box and wants those. :rolleyes:
Aww, poor Ian!! :wizard: Hope he feels better soon!!!

RRBB
05-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Aww, poor Ian!! :wizard: Hope he feels better soon!!!Thanks. Me, too. I'm hoping David will be able to come home from work early today so I can go to the grocery store. I also need to stop by the Temple to register Ian for camp this summer - two days/week for 6, maybe 8 weeks. We've also decided to enroll Ian in school for the fall. I really only want 2 days/week, but right now there aren't any spots in that class so we'll go with 3 days/week and waitlist the 2 day class. I know I wasn't sure about this before, but the more I watched Ian the more I realized HE'S ready for more of a structured environment where he can learn and grow.

Stitch#1
05-02-2006, 11:29 AM
The vaseline did work. It was still very hard to pull out. Poor kid. It was on her inner thigh. Bruce had the tick in the tweezers, I was holding her down smothering her in kisses. He had that thing pulled a good 3 inches and her thigh was coming with it. :scared: It was dead, but still didn't want to let go.

Poor thing! :sad2:
Knock on wood no people in our family have had ticks on them but last summer the dog had one on him and that sucker was HUGE! We were able to get him off but it was the same type of deal we were trying to pull it off and the dog's skin is coming along with it. We finaly got it off mouth and all. So now the animals get a pat down when the come back in the house to look for any travelers

Stitch#1
05-02-2006, 11:32 AM
Annmarie - that's my neck of the woods. I live here in the north part of St. Pete. What are you looking for in a hotel?? Do you want something on the beach? Or just something to sleep in?? There are some beautiful hotels around here. The Don CeSar is down on St. Pete Beach (I got married there), The Renaissance Vinoy is downtown St. Pete next to the pier. There are LOTS of beach hotels like the Sheraton Sand Key. Or, there's a Hyatt on the Tampa side of the Causeway bridge over to Safety Harbor.

Let me know if I can help.

Wholly Cow!
I just turned on the travel channel & Great Hotels is on and guess were Samantha Brown is....at the Don Cesar!! That place looks NICE! I want to stay there now!

Stitch#1
05-02-2006, 11:37 AM
Stacy you two timer!!!!! :p

:cool1: CONGRATULATIONS ON 8,000th POST:banana:

Um........ I think you were there too!? :scratchin

Stitch#1
05-02-2006, 11:40 AM
:cheer2: :cheer2: Congratulations, Stacy!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

:banana: :banana: 8000 posts!!!! :banana: :banana:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: ~~ WOW ~~ :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I'd like to thank the Dis for this amazing Award......... :smokin:

Just kidding!
It was a fluke that it happened. The last post I read I think was 7995 and from the time I started typing my post and hit send.....well the rest is history! :lmao:

gometros
05-02-2006, 12:13 PM
You guys have me all tied up in knots. I realized the reason we liked LTT so much was because of its lunchtime menu (the pumpkin bread was to die for - we even asked for the recipe). It is totally different from the dinner menu. So, do we go for the food or the entertainment? Anyone want to make room for two more at their dinner table so that we can pay the $5 each and not eat? :teeth:

Tiger Lily 03
05-02-2006, 12:26 PM
Mary that link was so fun. I will certainly be sharing it too.

Sorry about that tick problem. It is always a fear for me. I hate those things.

Also sorry that baby Ian is sick.

Amy, thanks for the info on the cafepress.

Stil can't figure out how you all do it. Do you walk around with computers strapped around your necks so you can post like the energizer bunny?

http://www.nyentertainmentconnect.com/allpages/ap-images/themes/Cigarette%20Girls.jpg

It takes so long for this to load and I'm on cable connection. I can never keep up.
:confused3

alikat99
05-02-2006, 12:32 PM
Wholly Cow!
I just turned on the travel channel & Great Hotels is on and guess were Samantha Brown is....at the Don Cesar!! That place looks NICE! I want to stay there now!
Oh, it is SO beautiful. I had always heard about it, but I always thought it would be WAY too expensive for my wedding. Well, after traveling to several other hotels on the beach, we decided to give the Don (as it's known around here) a chance and went over there. We were down on the beach on New Year's Day and decided to stop by. It was still decorated for Christmas, and we knew that we would be married around Christmas time the following year. I fell in love at that moment. We met with someone, reduced our guest list some, and had my dream wedding at the Don CeSar with the ceremony held on the rooftop at sunset. Ahhh, it was great!!

We actually considered a WDW wedding, but thought that was too expensive too. But, we probably would have spent the same, but that's ok, because now I can have my 25th anniversary vow renewal at WDW. :sunny:

alikat99
05-02-2006, 12:36 PM
Stil can't figure out how you all do it. Do you walk around with computers strapped around your necks so you can post like the energizer bunny?

It takes so long for this to load and I'm on cable connection. I can never keep up.
For me, I use the computer as a little escape from the girls. I check a few times a day, and right now is nap time, so it's quiet around here.

And, it's not just you, it seems that the DIS has been quite SLOW lately.

tinkerbelle77
05-02-2006, 12:52 PM
You guys have me all tied up in knots. I realized the reason we liked LTT so much was because of its lunchtime menu (the pumpkin bread was to die for - we even asked for the recipe). It is totally different from the dinner menu. So, do we go for the food or the entertainment? Anyone want to make room for two more at their dinner table so that we can pay the $5 each and not eat? :teeth:

Sandy,

We have ADR's at LTT for 4:25 on the 26...you are more than welcome to join us, we just ahve to see it they can add 2 more. The more the merrier!!! :cool1:

tinkerbelle77
05-02-2006, 12:56 PM

I don't know either...I have a computer in fromt of me most of the day at work, and I still can't keep up! You guys are just a bunch of chatty people! But I love it!

curtdennis
05-02-2006, 01:08 PM
I don't know either...I have a computer in fromt of me most of the day at work, and I still can't keep up! You guys are just a bunch of chatty people! But I love it!

:chat: Chatty? Chatty - whoose chatty? :chat:

cgcw
05-02-2006, 01:10 PM

Robin, I hope Ian is better soon. There is nothing worse than when your child is sick. pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

WDWLVR
05-02-2006, 01:20 PM
I love watching great hotels and remember seeing the one on The Don....looked beautiful. Which brings me to a GTKYKFC question:

For those of you who are married what was your wedding like? Would also love to see a wedding photo (I'm sure we'll all get some laughs on how we have changed over the years).

For those who aren't married yet - what would your dream wedding be. Julie please share a little bit - don't want you to spoil all your surprises but I'd love to hear at least a tidbit. :)

cgcw
05-02-2006, 01:21 PM

http://www.nyentertainmentconnect.com/allpages/ap-images/themes/Cigarette%20Girls.jpg

For me, it's pockets of my day.

I don't know why, maybe because Gary is an early riser during the week, but I tend to get up, get ready and then sit on the DIS and veg out in the mornings. About 7 I start to get rolling for the day.

When the daycare kids are here, I have little pockets of time. While they are eating, coloring, painting, doing puzzles & manipulatives, working on different toys at my kitchen table, playing nicely and then like now, when they are napping. It's not enough time to do something extensive, but it's easy for me to sit down and check the thread. I may not always respond at the same time depending on what's going on here.

cgcw
05-02-2006, 01:32 PM
:chat: Chatty? Chatty - whoose chatty? :chat:

Me thinks you need to get a little more chatty. With 131 posts in 6 months time, at this rate (keep in mind I'm not one of the statistic guru's in this group), you'll be lucky to break 300!

Besides Diana, I too remember the days when I had a low post count. :blush:

Stitch#1
05-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Ok for all my scrapping friends out there!
I scanned in the pages I did from class. A couple are missing the characters names becasue they couldn't find the card stock they had with the names printed on it but I will get them when I take my next class.

Here is the link to them.
http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/stacyj69/Disney%20Class/

Enjoy!!

Stitch#1
05-02-2006, 01:46 PM
Me thinks you need to get a little more chatty. With 131 posts in 6 months time, at this rate (keep in mind I'm not one of the statistic guru's in this group), you'll be lucky to break 300!

Besides Diana, I too remember the days when I had a low post count. :blush:

I remember when we first joined the Dis! It was to get in on the SSMC05 thread. Back then when we first started my husband said he would be surprised if we got to 100 on our post count! :confused3 :rotfl:

Now look at me! Just less then a year later and I might hit 1000 posts by the end of the month! :thumbsup2

cgcw
05-02-2006, 01:47 PM
For those of you who are married what was your wedding like? Would also love to see a wedding photo (I'm sure we'll all get some laughs on how we have changed over the years).

Gary & I had a very small wedding. I didn't want a wedding ceremony at all. I just wanted to quietly get married by a justice of the peace or whoever. But, Gary's daughter was 5 at the time and he didn't just want to say "Oh, by the way, we got married". So, we had a wedding for my step-daughter.

It was very small. Gary's Mom & Dad, his sister, his 1 brother -- the other chose not to come and another was on vacation. My Mom, her boyfriend (who conveniently was in MOST of my wedding pictures), my Mom's two sisters and their husbands and my Mom's cousin who I didn't invite but she decided to show up anyway. We invited about 12 other people. Include Gary, his daughter and myself I think that counts up to about 26 people total.

We were married at a small church in Long Grove, IL. The three of us rode through town on a horse drawn carriage. The town is very active with shoppers on the weekends. Then we went to a hotel where we had a nice dinner in a private room. No dancing, no drinking, just a celebration of the day.

I wish we would have had a WDW wedding too. Back then, I had no idea that was even an option. But, in my heart, I know that we wouldn't have done that to Sarah.

Here's us on our wedding date -- no wedding dress, no tux. Both of us did that the first time around and we didn't want to be similar in any ways to those events.

http://www.dotphoto.com/SAN1/C2/F2/B8/iC2F2B80A-FAB6-467B-8B43-44D4F13694DF.jpg

cgcw
05-02-2006, 01:50 PM
I remember when we first joined the Dis! It was to get in on the SSMC05 thread. Back then when we first started my husband said he would be surprised if we got to 100 on our post count! :confused3 :rotfl:

Now look at me! Just less then a year later and I might hit 1000 posts by the end of the month! :thumbsup2

Yeah, that husband of yours who would come into chat on a Friday night to keep me & Lisa company while you were off doing whatever it was. At first, we thought it was you but it didn't take Jeff long to confess. That's when the 3 musketeers parents conspired together as to what their boundaries were going to be on the ship. ;)

alikat99
05-02-2006, 01:59 PM
I scanned in the pages I did from class. A couple are missing the characters names becasue they couldn't find the card stock they had with the names printed on it but I will get them when I take my next class.

Enjoy!!
AWESOME pictures, Stacy!!! I love them. I just might have to scraplift some of those!!! ADORABLE!!!

Stitch#1
05-02-2006, 02:16 PM
Yeah, that husband of yours who would come into chat on a Friday night to keep me & Lisa company while you were off doing whatever it was. At first, we thought it was you but it didn't take Jeff long to confess. That's when the 3 musketeers parents conspired together as to what their boundaries were going to be on the ship. ;)

How could I forget that night! I left work early for a Girls Fun Day at a friends house and got home at 1am and the 3 Musketeer Moms were chatting! (well 2 moms and 1 Jeff :rotfl2: )

Stitch#1
05-02-2006, 02:17 PM
AWESOME pictures, Stacy!!! I love them. I just might have to scraplift some of those!!! ADORABLE!!!

After the next class I'll scan in some more pages!

Stitch#1
05-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Ok to answer Mary's GTKYFC question.
Jeff and I had a tradition Wedding in a church and everything!
We had about 80 people and had the reception at the Americah Legion Hall.
I'm proud to say my dress is an original! I couldn't find anything I truly loved but knew what I wanted so I designed my gown and my Mom made it! And she made my headpiece too!
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/stacyj69/Wedding3.jpghttp://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/stacyj69/Wedding2.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/stacyj69/Wedding.jpg

alikat99
05-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Ok, since Mary asked, and I've already given some info on my wedding, here's the rest.

I always knew that I wanted to get married around Christmas, because it's my favorite holiday. We fell in love with the Don CeSar hotel here on St. Pete Beach. Chris used to call it "the little pink castle hotel", but it's not so little. Anyway, we had a relatively small wedding with about 90 people, most family and close friends. We were married on December 19th, outside on one of the rooftops of the hotel (they have 2 covered rooftop areas) and our reception was held right inside. We got married around 4pm, because sunset was around 5:30pm, and I wanted those pictures. My colors were, of course, Christmas red and Hunter green, and I didn't have to do a lot of decorating, since the hotel was already decked out for the holidays.

Here are some pictures of Chris and I from our wedding day.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f267/alikat99/Scan005.jpg
After the ceremony on the rooftop.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f267/alikat99/Scan007.jpg
My mom calls it the Precious Moments Kiss at Sunset.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f267/alikat99/Scan006.jpg
The back side of the hotel, on the beach.

alikat99
05-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Sorry, no matter what I try to do, it keeps making that first picture HUGE. I've tried editing it in photobucket like the others, but it just won't work for me. Sorry again!!!

Nevermind, I guess it fixed itself, because when I left, that first picture was HUGE!!!

cgcw
05-02-2006, 02:49 PM
Amy, I love the Precious Moments Kiss!!

Diana Lyn
05-02-2006, 02:55 PM
Wow, I go shopping for the day and I sure miss alot!!

Robin--I hope Ian is doing better. There's nothing worse than a sick kid. :wizard:

Amy--I got the cafepress email too, I was going to post it, but then I read your post. :lmao:

Stacy--awesome layouts!! I'm totally scraplifting them for my autograph book for october. :blush:

Wedding pics---Amy, I have to say that precious moments pic is amazing! I'll have to dig up my wedding pics and post some next.

Diana Lyn
05-02-2006, 03:22 PM
We had a Fairy Tale Wedding at Sunset Pointe. It was truely amazing and I believe I said earlier, the only thing I would chage was to do the Wedding Portrait session at the Castle. Everyone keeps saying their wedding was small--we had 15 guests, plus us. That's small!! Our ceremony was on Sunset Pointe at the Poly and after the fake cake cutting, we all went up to Ohana for breakfast. It's the cheap way to get pics of you with the characters in your wedding attire! We spent the rest of the day exploring the AKL and shopping at DTD. Our first official purchase as husband and wife were our bride and groom ears along with the Partners statue clock. Very symbolic to both of us. At 5pm, we got our wedding clothes back on and headed over to Narcoosee's for dinner. The staff there was amazing. We had a giant table up in the corner against the windows. They decorated our table with gorgeous floral arrangement, made custom menus with our name, the date and took the prices off so our guests did see the prices. We made arrangments for our cake to be served as dessert. (Why the cake cutting was fake in the morning! ) The night ended with the fireworks while we were eating the cake.

Here's some pics:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/dianalyn1225/Wedding93.jpghttp://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/dianalyn1225/Wedding84.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/dianalyn1225/Wedding42.jpghttp://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/dianalyn1225/Wedding57.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/dianalyn1225/Wedding99114.jpg

4Gus-Gus&Figaro
05-02-2006, 03:26 PM
:cake: ::MickeyMo Happy (Belated) Birthday Mary!!! ::MickeyMo :cake:

cgcw
05-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Diana,

I see you hate shoes too! ;)

Very nice wedding pictures, everyone. Mary, you started all this so I suspect you'll post yours tonight.

I already saw a honeymoon picture of Gail & John. Come on, Gail, post it for everyone. :teeth:

4Gus-Gus&Figaro
05-02-2006, 03:30 PM
:sunny: I'm glad that Julia is tick-free, and doing well! :sunny:

pixiedust: Here's hoping that Ian is feeling better soon! pixiedust:

alikat99
05-02-2006, 03:31 PM
Wow, everyone's pictures are GREAT!!! Come on everyone, start posting those wedding pics, if you have them. I actually dug out our proof album, which probably had a layer or two of dust on it. :rotfl2:

4Gus-Gus&Figaro
05-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Congratulations to:

-Julie on her waitlist coming through! :banana:
-Stacy for snagging the 8000th post! (Whilst I was waiting patiently for her in our IM, completely oblivious to the fact that I wasn't the sole recipient of her attention... :rolleyes1 ) :stitch:

Diana Lyn
05-02-2006, 03:36 PM
Diana,

I see you hate shoes too! ;)

You don't even know. We knew it would be hot having a June wedding but never imagined how hot it would be. We got married on June 6th. We got to pick 9, 11, 1 or 4. So I went went the coolest time--9am. Yea, ok. It was 92 degrees that morning. My makeup was melting off my face. My cute little strappy sandles were cutting the circulation off in my feet they were so swollen, I had to take them off. In fact, one of my wedding pics has my sister (then 10) unbuckling my shoes for me and you can see the indentations on my feet. Randy Chapman, our photographer, did a great job incorporating the shoes into many of the shots! :lmao: The pic of us on the bridge was actually on his website for a while.

4Gus-Gus&Figaro
05-02-2006, 03:44 PM
These wedding pictures are great! I'm really enjoying looking at all of them - I can't wait to see the next person's! :love:

I'd be more than happy to tell you about our wedding, but I don't know how to post pictures... Help, anyone? :confused3

alikat99
05-02-2006, 03:44 PM
You don't even know. We knew it would be hot having a June wedding but never imagined how hot it would be. We got married on June 6th. We got to pick 9, 11, 1 or 4. So I went went the coolest time--9am. Yea, ok. It was 92 degrees that morning. My makeup was melting off my face. My cute little strappy sandles were cutting the circulation off in my feet they were so swollen, I had to take them off. In fact, one of my wedding pics has my sister (then 10) unbuckling my shoes for me and you can see the indentations on my feet. Randy Chapman, our photographer, did a great job incorporating the shoes into many of the shots! :lmao: The pic of us on the bridge was actually on his website for a while.
OMG, here we go again!! :rotfl2: I didn't have my shoes on for my wedding, except for the actual ceremony. They were KILLING my feet, so when we went down for pictures on the beach, I took them off, happily!!! Thankfully, I had a nice, long dress to hide my feet. Then, I hid them under the table that Chris and I were sitting at for the reception.

Oh, and Stacy, my mom made my dress too. I had her duplicate another dress that I had seen. The only problem was that the entire bodice of the dress had hand-sewn pearls, and my mom refused to do that part. So, guess who sewed on 3000 tiny pearls?!?!?! Yep, ME!!! She handed me all the pattern pieces that needed to be beaded and then she put it all together when I was done.

cgcw
05-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Gary & I got married June 4th. It was a beautiful day here in Chicago. Sunny and perfect temperature. I wore my shoes, though, because our photographer walked us out to this green pond that the geese visited frequently. There was no way I was walking through that grass without my shoes on. :eek:

I have the greenest grass in my backyard even in the dead of summer. I love the feel of grass on my feet but if it's not watered, it turns to hay and feels terrible. So, between the sprinkler, hose, buckets and pool, we have nice soft, green grass to walk through.

I don't go barefoot as much as I did. Going through a heel spur cured me of that. It flaired up during the summertime and I was the only fool on the beach in Hilton Head with my gym shoes on. Imagine that sight -- a beach full of people barefoot and in sandels. Everytime I was on the beach, I was wearing my gym shoes - socks and all. Talk about looking ridiculous. :rotfl:

cgcw
05-02-2006, 03:52 PM
These wedding pictures are great! I'm really enjoying looking at all of them - I can't wait to the next person's! :love:

I'd be more than happy to tell you about our wedding, but I don't know how to post pictures... Help, anyone? :confused3

It's not hard, Karen, once you do it. I'll give it a shot at explaining.

You need to upload your picture to a host sight -- I use dotphoto.

Once it's out there, right click on it and copy the properties.

Come back to the dis, reply to the thread and put your properties address inside brackets like this () and end with this () -- leave off the parenthesis at the beginning and the end.

I'm sure someone else can help you better than I can.

alikat99
05-02-2006, 03:57 PM
It's not hard, Karen, once you do it. I'll give it a shot at explaining.

You need to upload your picture to a host sight -- I use dotphoto.

Once it's out there, right click on it and copy the properties.

Come back to the dis, reply to the thread and put your properties address inside brackets like this () and end with this () -- leave off the parenthesis at the beginning and the end.

I'm sure someone else can help you better than I can.
I think that you did a GREAT job explaining, Cindy! I was going to try it, but I couldn't figure out how to explain it without being VERY wordy.

Anyway Karen, there are lots of host sites like the one Cindy uses www.dotphoto.com, I use www.photobucket.com, and I'm sure there are more. It's pretty easy after that.

Diana Lyn
05-02-2006, 04:08 PM
I use photobucket too. If you can get your pics uploaded to there, I can walk you through posting from there. I don't know how to do dotphoto. :confused3

Amy + Stacy --I went to Joann's today and in the bag I found the class catalog for May/June/July. Well, if you attend any Scrapbook Social, you get to demo the Cricut. I SO want this thing.

Stacy---doing anything May 19th, June 16th or July 21st?? Oh, and I got a Moonlight Madness Invite for AC Moore today any plans for Sunday evening? :rolleyes1 I'd go to the one in Saratoga though.

chipscinderelly
05-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Quick note - buried at work - PLEASE use photobucket ... lol... cause I can see Cindy's posts randomly, sometimes yes, sometimes no :(

alikat99
05-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Amy + Stacy --I went to Joann's today and in the bag I found the class catalog for May/June/July. Well, if you attend any Scrapbook Social, you get to demo the Cricut. I SO want this thing.
I heard that some Michael's are selling these with a coupon. Oh, I'm SO gonna get one if Michael's sells it with a coupon.

#1Mouse
05-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Stacy your scrapbook pages are great. Really cute! I love the swirly Mickey head on the Piglet page. Since Diana taught me about the word "scraplift" this past week, I just might try it out :rotfl2:

cgcw
05-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Quick note - buried at work - PLEASE use photobucket ... lol... cause I can see Cindy's posts randomly, sometimes yes, sometimes no :(

That's right, Julie. :blush: I couldn't remember at the time what other service I had used. I guess I'm just more comfortable with dotphoto.

Did you see the one I posted today? You would think by now I would remember that little glitch.

cherylp3
05-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Sharing my picture
http://www.net-marks.com/cherylp3/images/wedding.jpg
On the ends is Todd's Mom and his step father

#1Mouse
05-02-2006, 05:12 PM
I already saw a honeymoon picture of Gail & John. Come on, Gail, post it for everyone. :teeth:

Hey now, this is a Disney board! :rotfl2: I had a hard enough time trying to explain that picture to you and you want me to post it and try to explain it to everyone here??? :cool1:

I have to go looking for our pictures. Our album is in a box stored away in the basement that is still under construction. I think my scrapbook I did of our wedding is available, so I'll post a picture from that when I find it.

WDWLVR
05-02-2006, 06:38 PM
I love seeing all the pictures! Here is ours. We had a fairly average Midwest Catholic wedding. Full Nuptial Mass followed by a family style reception for 150 people. We got married in the Church I grew up in and the priest who married us is a family friend that my Mom and I met on our very first cruise back in 1978 or so.

http://monorailgreen.info/DIS/wedding.jpg

Stitch#1
05-02-2006, 06:44 PM
OMG, here we go again!! :rotfl2: I didn't have my shoes on for my wedding, except for the actual ceremony. They were KILLING my feet, so when we went down for pictures on the beach, I took them off, happily!!! Thankfully, I had a nice, long dress to hide my feet. Then, I hid them under the table that Chris and I were sitting at for the reception.

Oh, and Stacy, my mom made my dress too. I had her duplicate another dress that I had seen. The only problem was that the entire bodice of the dress had hand-sewn pearls, and my mom refused to do that part. So, guess who sewed on 3000 tiny pearls?!?!?! Yep, ME!!! She handed me all the pattern pieces that needed to be beaded and then she put it all together when I was done.

I can't sew for beans so the was no way I'd be sewing tiny pearls on my dress. My dress was a nice thick brocade material. It's kind of hard to see in the pics but it was like an open rose motif.

WDWLVR
05-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Stacey - I love your scrapbook pages!

Amy - I'm not a precious moments person but that does fit that picture and it is a great one.

It was Cindy's wedding pictures and Amy's talking of her wedding that got me to ask the question. I had seen Cindy's at her house and loved it.

I love weddings so seeing all these shots is great.

Stitch#1
05-02-2006, 06:50 PM
I use photobucket too. If you can get your pics uploaded to there, I can walk you through posting from there. I don't know how to do dotphoto. :confused3

Stacy---doing anything May 19th, June 16th or July 21st?? Oh, and I got a Moonlight Madness Invite for AC Moore today any plans for Sunday evening? :rolleyes1 I'd go to the one in Saratoga though.

May 19th is no good. Boy Scout Camporee up at Moreau Lake.
I can't think of anything going on the other 2 days so we can just pick one! :goodvibes
Sunday Evening I think I can be free! :thumbsup2

BCVOwner2002
05-02-2006, 09:23 PM
Good morning guys! I just got a code in the mail from Cafe Press for free shipping on orders over $50. I don't know about anyone else, but with t-shirts for my family of 4, plus an ornament and who knows what else, I can easily spend $50. Anyway, the code is MOMSHIP and is good through Friday (05/05). Off to shop!!!

Amy - Thanks for the code for Cafe Press. I know there are several items I am interested in purchasing.

I love all the wedding pictures. Tom and I were married at my parents' home. It was a small intimate wedding and will need to find the old photo albums to post a picture. For our 25th anniversary, we plan on renewing our vows at WDW. I have several years to plan since it won't be for another four years.

Is everyone who is going to MNSSHP on 10/26 making dinner reservations at LTT? Tom asked me what we were planning to do for dinner that afternoon/night and I wasn't sure so I thought I'd check in.

Annmarie

#1Mouse
05-02-2006, 09:32 PM
This was a second wedding for John and I, so we just invited family - about 75 people. We had an 11:00 AM wedding at a Chapel and then lunch at a Reception Hall. We also included my 3 kids from my previous marriage. We did the candle lighting ceremony with the kids (all of us with a candle lighting one candle). Wow, that was 13 years ago (the 22nd of this month). As you can see by the picture in my sig, the kids are a bit older & taller now, and of course we added Deanna to the gang!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c53/gailz625/WeddingJohnGail.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c53/gailz625/WeddingwithKids.jpg

curtdennis
05-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Karen and I were married by the Rev. Lisa Marie Presley of the UUs (Unitarian Universalist) this was the most compatible fit for Karen’s and my faith. They believe in everything from Christianity to Paganism.

I’m very proud of the wedding Karen put together, even though it was very bittersweet. Karen and I had planned for a September wedding, but then my mother in law was diagnosed with terminal cancer and Karen was able to change everything to a February wedding in just under a week. She is an awesome woman. This was the last time my mother-in-law left her house.

The reception was held at the Mayflower Meeting House, for the local Dis’ers that was part of the original Mayflower Hotel in Plymouth, Michigan. We had about 175 guests in the ballroom that was a copy Viennese ballroom. Wood floor, fireplace just incredible. Another one of the memorable things we did was telling the DJ no music after Nat “King” Cole. So we had a “big band”, swing motif for the music – went over very well.

Ok I’ve said enough – enjoy the pics.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i310/curtdennis/img227.jpghttp://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i310/curtdennis/img228.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i310/curtdennis/img230.jpghttp://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i310/curtdennis/img229.jpg

tinkerbelle77
05-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Wow, Thank you all for the great wedding pics, most of you have either been happily married for a long time, or are happy on your second marriage. I was married for 7 years and been divorced for 3 and half, and really have no desire at this point in my life to go back down that route. I am so glad to see so many people have found happiness the second time around. I hope that some day I can find that happiness that you have, and feel comfortable about a second marriage. Good Luck to all of you who are so happily married, and good luck to all of you who are single or in between marriages. Everyone deserves happiness! :cool1:

cgcw
05-02-2006, 10:23 PM
Wow, Thank you all for the great wedding pics, most of you have either been happily married for a long time, or are happy on your second marriage. I was married for 7 years and been divorced for 3 and half, and really have no desire at this point in my life to go back down that route. I am so glad to see so many people have found happiness the second time around. I hope that some day I can find that happiness that you have, and feel comfortable about a second marriage. Good Luck to all of you who are so happily married, and good luck to all of you who are single or in between marriages. Everyone deserves happiness! :cool1:

Tina, when I got divorced, I swore I would never marry again. Gary felt the same way. We met at the final stages of both of our divorces and were adament that we were not going to get married. We dated for several years and finally took that big giant step. That was 17 years ago come June.

I dug out our proofs -- I think our actual album is in the attic. Here's one with the reason for our wedding in the first place -- Gary's daughter who was 5 at the time.

http://www.dotphoto.com/SAN1/F6/76/22/iF67622EB-5AAC-4612-8F6A-4ACFDCCE2BB0.jpg

I love seeing everyones pictures. :love: :love: :love:

Next up, baby pictures!!! :teeth:

chipscinderelly
05-02-2006, 10:45 PM
And I'm getting really close to 3000!! It's funny because when I joined the SSMC05 thread I only had a couple of hundred posts, I got 1000 there and 2000 was the day I booked SSM06. I can't believe I'm already at almost 3000! I guess I fall into that category as well!

HOLY COW 3000 - wow! That's awesome :banana:

CONGRATS on post 8000 STACY!!!!

chipscinderelly
05-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Where Diana is concerned you never know. First she bites, granted not hard but its still an aggravated assault. Then she admits to and publicly threatens to sics bugs possibly carrying infectious diseases - they deal with those crimes at The Hague. So there are SO MANY offenses being perpetuated here. :rotfl: I'd ask the Supremes for a ruling but they are busy with Anna Nicole Smith....

All kidding aside, Diana I'm glad that you were able to fix up the little'un, and my hopes are for a clean bill of health from the lab. Karen and I may be child free, but I never like to see kids get sick from everyday things.

Ok, reality over - back to my sarcastic self!!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: HILARIOUS esp the Anna Nicole Smith reference!

We are very glad no sickness due to the ticks! Chippy (the :dog2: ) had a huge amount of ticks last year due to our kennel (the OLD ONE) not spraying appropriately and we were using the flea/tick stuff every 3 months per the label. No infection but we now do the flea/tick meds every month.

chipscinderelly
05-02-2006, 10:53 PM

Thanks Amy - we may be at that amount as well!

BCVOwner2002
05-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Tina, when I got divorced, I swore I would never marry again. Gary felt the same way. We met at the final stages of both of our divorces and were adament that we were not going to get married. We dated for several years and finally took that big giant step. That was 17 years ago come June.

I dug out our proofs -- I think our actual album is in the attic. Here's one with the reason for our wedding in the first place -- Gary's daughter who was 5 at the time.

http://www.dotphoto.com/SAN1/F6/76/22/iF67622EB-5AAC-4612-8F6A-4ACFDCCE2BB0.jpg

I love seeing everyones pictures. :love: :love: :love:

Next up, baby pictures!!! :teeth:

Cindy - what a nice picture!

chipscinderelly
05-02-2006, 10:59 PM
I love watching great hotels and remember seeing the one on The Don....looked beautiful. Which brings me to a GTKYKFC question:

For those who aren't married yet - what would your dream wedding be. Julie please share a little bit - don't want you to spoil all your surprises but I'd love to hear at least a tidbit. :)

Dream wedding (if we had unlimited funds) for me would be to get married at the Yacht Club Gazebo (where we are getting married) and to then rent out the entire MGM Theme Park where we would have dinner, dancing and guided tours of all the rides. A girl can dream right? LOL that's clearly not what we are doing as well we haven't won the lottery yet.... :cheer2:

chipscinderelly
05-02-2006, 11:02 PM

Enjoy!!

AWESOME - are they 12 x 12, 8 x 8 or ???? I need to take a class from you.

chipscinderelly
05-02-2006, 11:06 PM
That's right, Julie. :blush: I couldn't remember at the time what other service I had used. I guess I'm just more comfortable with dotphoto.

Did you see the one I posted today? You would think by now I would remember that little glitch.

Cindy - I can see them at home - strange isn't it?

I love your wedding photo, it's so obvious you are so in love!

chipscinderelly
05-02-2006, 11:11 PM
Love all the wedding photos - so special! Thank you all for sharing.

Now that I am caught up I will fall behind again tomorrow :)

rsschneck
05-03-2006, 12:11 AM
Busy group today! Now we are onto wedding photos. I will look around and see if I can find a photo to share. DH and I look so young (cause we were). :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I was 17 and he was 19. We have been married over 18 years and dated for a couple years before we got married. We got married the day after Christmas. We used traditional Christmas colors (red is my favoriye color anyway). I have not showed DD (age 9) our wedding video yet. I think I will hunt for it and let her get a good laugh :rotfl2:

We have LTT ADR's for 4:30 on the 26th. I can't remember who asked what folks were doing for dinner the night of the 26th.

DH was home from work yesterday (still sick from the weekend). Now DD is not feeling well. :rolleyes: I hope it doesn't keep floating around.

curtdennis
05-03-2006, 12:15 AM
Now that I am caught up I will fall behind again tomorrow :)

Well Julie, at least you have a goal. No need to be completely pessimistic.:rotfl:

WDWLVR
05-03-2006, 06:29 AM
Good morning everyone! Great seeing all the pictures!

Cindy - funny that you mentioned baby pictures. Are you talking ours or the kids? I was thinking yesterday that when I get back home in June maybe we could do the baby picture game. You know everyone sends in a baby picture and we put them up and people have to guess who is who? What do you guys think? I'll be happy to organize it (after our May cruise)

WDWLVR
05-03-2006, 06:30 AM
Those of you who had 2nd marriages and had kids I love how you made them part of the ceremony. Gail that picture of you and John and the kids remind me of the Brady bunch....all you need are 2 more boys and 1 girl in that picture! :lmao:

Scratch42
05-03-2006, 06:34 AM
Wow, everyone's pictures are GREAT!!! Come on everyone, start posting those wedding pics, if you have them. I actually dug out our proof album, which probably had a layer or two of dust on it. :rotfl2:

I would but I burned mine right after the divorce was final! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Great Pics Everybody!

j

cgcw
05-03-2006, 07:06 AM
Cindy - funny that you mentioned baby pictures. Are you talking ours or the kids? I was thinking yesterday that when I get back home in June maybe we could do the baby picture game. You know everyone sends in a baby picture and we put them up and people have to guess who is who? What do you guys think? I'll be happy to organize it (after our May cruise)

Mary, I wasn't thinking anything. I just thought it was a great idea to do the wedding pictures and thought about everyones baby pictures.

A contest would be really cool. Maybe with a hint as to who it is because since some of us have never met - it might be hard to guess. It would be a riot to figure out who is who though. :teeth:

tinkerbelle77
05-03-2006, 07:20 AM
Cindy,

Thanks for the encouragement, I was married young, and I'm enjoying life right now, but someday I'm sure someone will change my mind. And thanks for the baby pic idea, that sounds great! I would love to have a baby pic contest. Mary, if you need help let me know. :Pinkbounc

Diana Lyn
05-03-2006, 07:23 AM
Good morning everyone! Great seeing all the pictures!

I was thinking the same thing--baby game, in my quest to catch up this morning! Great idea!

alikat99
05-03-2006, 07:35 AM
I think that the baby picture idea, is cool!!

Diana Lyn
05-03-2006, 07:35 AM

Ahh--my favorite, divorce stories! :rolleyes:
I shared this last year and I'll share it again for the newcomers. Our wedding was both of ours second marriage as well. When we met, we were both in the final stages of our divorce too. We both swore up and down we'd never marry again. There's nothing you can do married that you can't do just living together, right? Wrong. After trying to internationally adopt a baby and getting person after person saying, this country won't even look at your application unless you are married, we started to rethink our big plan. So, we decided it was worth a shot and got married. (I know, such a romantic story!)

Needless to say, after 4 years of trying to get pregnant, 6 months after we got married, we were just getting through our adoption interviews....I did get pregnant. Then miraculously enough 4 months after Emma was born, the person 3 doctors told I'd never get pregnant, and if I did, I'd kill myself or my child or both of us---I ended up getting pregnant again! :faint:

My dream is to still adopt a baby from China, but right now, I'm working on getting my two out of diapers. :rolleyes:

Diana Lyn
05-03-2006, 07:38 AM
Mary, I wasn't thinking anything. I just thought it was a great idea to do the wedding pictures and thought about everyones baby pictures.

A contest would be really cool. Maybe with a hint as to who it is because since some of us have never met - it might be hard to guess. It would be a riot to figure out who is who though. :teeth:

I was also thinking pet pictures. Don't they say pets tend to resemble their owners? You guys need to see my rolly polly dog! :lmao:

#1Mouse
05-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Those of you who had 2nd marriages and had kids I love how you made them part of the ceremony. Gail that picture of you and John and the kids remind me of the Brady bunch....all you need are 2 more boys and 1 girl in that picture! :lmao:

Recreating the Brady Bunch was discussed and is even still mentioned to this day - but I stand my ground of being an unwilling participant. :rotfl2:

Deanna use to have the hardest time understanding why the 3 older ones had 2 dads and she only had 1. John has always treated Dawn, Dave & Diane as if they were his own kids from day 1. So we luckily by-passed that "Step" syndrome.

RRBB
05-03-2006, 09:18 AM

Enjoy!!Thanks for sharing. I love the pages!

Stitch#1
05-03-2006, 09:58 AM
AWESOME - are they 12 x 12, 8 x 8 or ???? I need to take a class from you.

The pages are actually 6x6 but could easily be adapted to any size!
The next class is next Thursday night. I will definately add pics of the next set of pages that I make. :thumbsup2

RRBB
05-03-2006, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the PD for Ian. I think he's feeling better this morning. At least he made it through the night without incident. I hope the spewing phase is over and done with. He seemed better most of the day but in the evening it started again, probably because we let him drink too much water too fast. I'm not doing that again. This morning Ian got a bowl of baby rice cereal mixed with Pedialite for flavor. (We went to the Baby Fair over the weekend and I ended up with some fresh packets of rice cereal.) I just wish I could get him to drink the Pedialite - tried both Bubble Gum and Cherry flavors - but he'll have nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

I'm all caught up, for the moment. But I'll have to post wedding photos later.

gometros
05-03-2006, 10:19 AM
Sandy,

We have ADR's at LTT for 4:25 on the 26...you are more than welcome to join us, we just ahve to see it they can add 2 more. The more the merrier!!! :cool1:

Tina - I was being partially facetious, but that is kind of you to offer. What if you may change your mind after we meet on the cruise? :rotfl:

gometros
05-03-2006, 10:36 AM
I love all these wedding stories/photos too. I would add mine, but I don't think I could fit my wedding album onto a scanner. You see I used to work as a wedding photographer and when Judy and I got married, I had another photographer friend do the wedding. He turned the film over to me and I made my own album. Because I was saving the retail costs of an album, we ended up with 95 pictures in it. It's HUGE and heavy.

We were married in Tivoli Terrace in Westbury LI in a traditional Jewish wedding under a chupah. It's funny, but growing up with the NY wedding and Bar Mitzvah scene, I always thought everyone threw lavish affairs like we crazy NYers did. It wasn't until we got invited to a co-worker's wedding in Pittsburgh that I found out otherwise. It was like a different world. The reception was in the local fire hall. I remember walking in and looking for the table with the seating cards and not understanding why there wasn't one.

tinkerbelle77
05-03-2006, 10:48 AM
Tina - I was being partially facetious, but that is kind of you to offer. What if you may change your mind after we meet on the cruise? :rotfl:
Sandy,

I doubt that I wouldn't like you guys, you seem very friendly, and nice here on DIS. but hey ya never know, in that case I'll let my girls at ya. They can talk and talk and never stop. So if I didn't like you, I'll let you sit by the girls and let them carry the conversation until you can't stand it anymore. LOL! :rotfl: I'm just kidding! :rotfl2:

alikat99
05-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the PD for Ian. I think he's feeling better this morning. At least he made it through the night without incident. I hope the spewing phase is over and done with. He seemed better most of the day but in the evening it started again, probably because we let him drink too much water too fast. I'm not doing that again. This morning Ian got a bowl of baby rice cereal mixed with Pedialite for flavor. (We went to the Baby Fair over the weekend and I ended up with some fresh packets of rice cereal.) I just wish I could get him to drink the Pedialite - tried both Bubble Gum and Cherry flavors - but he'll have nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

I'm glad to hear that Ian is better. But don't feel bad, my girls won't drink Pedialite either. They can't stand it!

cgcw
05-03-2006, 12:13 PM

Hi Robin. Glad to hear things are improving.

My boys never took pedialyte either.

Here's my Mom trick. I have some of those freezer pops in the plastic sleeve. They are just about 2 oz which is what my pediatrician always suggested to start with when reintroducing liquids into a stomach. So, I give them a frozen one and if it stays down, I'll give them another one an hour later. It's enough to hopefully start them on the right track back to 100%, it's sweet so they like it and cold which feels good to them. We do that for several hours to get them acclamated back to having something in their stomach and I don't have to worry about dehydration.

Flat ginger ale is suppose to be good also. My doctor always discouraged gatorade.

Tiger Lily 03
05-03-2006, 12:19 PM
Stacy, Your scrapbook pics are great to see. Thanks for sharing them.

I love everyone’s wedding pics. I’ve got to do some photo digging for my brother’s upcoming retirement, so will see if I can get something of ours up. Unfortunately for us, the photographer had major camera problems so we have limited pics and no one else had a camera. Going back in time is fun and thinking of “our day” even better. We had our nuptials in DH’s parents yard with the chaplain from work officiating. We both met whilst working at the Sheriff’s Department. The day was a perfect Spring day with no rain. We had a lovely party in a hall suitable for about 90 of our friends/relatives. We had an official church event about some years later. It was DH’s first marriage, and my second. I swore I would NEVER get married again. I still cannot figure how he got to me, but it has been the BEST thing for us.

Hmmm, wondering if we might want to celebrate our 30th in the World rather than that trip to Hawaii next year.

Diana Lyn
05-03-2006, 12:28 PM

OK, so I've never heard of any kid actually taking pedialyte. :rotfl: So that company has just been staying in business for years and years based on the doctors advice of always having pedialyte in the house but never giving it to your kid because they won't drink it anyway? It must be some sort of conspiracy! Think I'll go start a thread on the CB and let them debate over it. :lmao:

gometros
05-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Sandy,

I doubt that I wouldn't like you guys, you seem very friendly, and nice here on DIS. but hey ya never know, in that case I'll let my girls at ya. They can talk and talk and never stop. So if I didn't like you, I'll let you sit by the girls and let them carry the conversation until you can't stand it anymore. LOL! :rotfl: I'm just kidding! :rotfl2:

LOL. Having lived with two daughters, I can appreciate how valid that threat is :lmao: How old are your girls?

Apropos to this, I don't know if anyone watches Without A Trace, but there was a scene in last week's show where the Anthony Lapaglia asked his girlfriend if his daughter could join them for dinner. She was nervous only because she didn't know who to talk to her. Who does know how to talk to preteen girls? :rotfl:

Stitch#1
05-03-2006, 01:25 PM
OK, so I've never heard of any kid actually taking pedialyte. :rotfl: So that company has just been staying in business for years and years based on the doctors advice of always having pedialyte in the house but never giving it to your kid because they won't drink it anyway? It must be some sort of conspiracy! Think I'll go start a thread on the CB and let them debate over it. :lmao:

Nick would never drink it either. My doc suggested gatorade or powerade but watered down like 50/50.
That always did the trick, and whenever Nick gets sick he asks for it or thad water with vitamins in it (I can't remember the name)

Diana Lyn
05-03-2006, 03:11 PM
MaryJ---I got Mary's CJ today! :woohoo: I'm going to an all day crop on Saturday after the morning at the circus (peer pressure, I was never good at saying no!) so I'll be working on it then!! :cool1:

RRBB
05-03-2006, 04:51 PM
Hi Robin. Glad to hear things are improving.

Here's my Mom trick. I have some of those freezer pops in the plastic sleeve. They are just about 2 oz which is what my pediatrician always suggested to start with when reintroducing liquids into a stomach. So, I give them a frozen one and if it stays down, I'll give them another one an hour later. It's enough to hopefully start them on the right track back to 100%, it's sweet so they like it and cold which feels good to them. We do that for several hours to get them acclamated back to having something in their stomach and I don't have to worry about dehydration.

Flat ginger ale is suppose to be good also. My doctor always discouraged gatorade.Thanks for the tip. I did consider the popsicle route, but I don't think Ian's quite ready for it. I see him playing with the ice and never getting it into his mouth.

He had a little applesauce today while we were getting our hair cut. And now he's sitting at the table nibbling on banana and toast crackers. I don't think he really wants much. But at least he's getting a little something into his system. (He sure is cranky today!!!)

RRBB
05-03-2006, 04:55 PM
I love hearing about these CJ y'all are doing. Y'all definitely have to post pics when all is said and done. ::yes:: Pretty Please!!!!

cgcw
05-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the tip. I did consider the popsicle route, but I don't think Ian's quite ready for it. I see him playing with the ice and never getting it into his mouth.

He had a little applesauce today while we were getting our hair cut. And now he's sitting at the table nibbling on banana and toast crackers. I don't think he really wants much. But at least he's getting a little something into his system. (He sure is cranky today!!!)

The good old, BRAT diet --- Banana, Rice, Applesauce & Toast. :goodvibes

tinkerbelle77
05-03-2006, 06:35 PM
LOL. Having lived with two daughters, I can appreciate how valid that threat is :lmao: How old are your girls?

Apropos to this, I don't know if anyone watches Without A Trace, but there was a scene in last week's show where the Anthony Lapaglia asked his girlfriend if his daughter could join them for dinner. She was nervous only because she didn't know who to talk to her. Who does know how to talk to preteen girls? :rotfl:

Sandy,

My girls are 7 and 9, but they act like 2 chatty old ladies. :rotfl2:

alikat99
05-03-2006, 06:39 PM
The good old, BRAT diet --- Banana, Rice, Applesauce & Toast. :goodvibes
Ahhh, we are quite familiar with the BRAT diet around here. Both girls have been on it multiple times after bouts with that nasty rotovirus!!!

RRBB
05-03-2006, 07:09 PM
The good old, BRAT diet --- Banana, Rice, Applesauce & Toast. :goodvibes::yes:: Yup, that's what we've been doing all day. But instead of rice I gave Ian baby rice cereal. And since I didn't have any bread around hear he got toasted English muffin. I think he's about ready for a little more, but I'm not sure what. I'm wondering if cottage cheese will be okay? Or maybe a scrambled egg? Hmmm, what to do...

Scratch42
05-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Stay away from anything dairy, including cottage cheese!

Stick to the BRAT!

Hope he feels better very soon.

HUGS

j

alikat99
05-03-2006, 08:29 PM
Soda crackers are good, but try to take most of the salt off. Then, if he keeps that type of stuff down for a while, we started Madison on plain pasta.

chipscinderelly
05-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Quick update on Dad - it's not so great. We found out today that he has cancer. He is going to have a bone scan on Friday and then next week we should know if it's just prostate or other types too. Clearly my parents are reeling and it's sent a shock into all of us. We're just in research and investigation mode now so we can find the best place for treatment and the format Dad chooses to take.

I'm going to be here when I can, but am set to go to Disney this weekend and won't know for sure till we get through the test on Friday.

WDWLVR
05-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Prayers going out for you and your family Julie!

rsschneck
05-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Julie- Prayers go out to your Dad and Family :grouphug:

cgcw
05-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Oh, Julie :hug: I'm sorry.

Prayers being sent for all of you.

cherylp3
05-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Julie, Prayers to you and your family.

Tiger Lily 03
05-03-2006, 10:12 PM
Checking in b4 bed time.

Julie, prayers to you and all involved.

tinkerbelle77
05-03-2006, 10:19 PM
Julie-prayers for you and your family

alikat99
05-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Quick update on Dad - it's not so great. We found out today that he has cancer. He is going to have a bone scan on Friday and then next week we should know if it's just prostate or other types too. Clearly my parents are reeling and it's sent a shock into all of us. We're just in research and investigation mode now so we can find the best place for treatment and the format Dad chooses to take.

I'm going to be here when I can, but am set to go to Disney this weekend and won't know for sure till we get through the test on Friday.
Oh Julie - pixiedust: for your dad and the rest of your family!! We'll be thinking about you!! :grouphug:

BCVOwner2002
05-03-2006, 10:43 PM

Julie - thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :wizard: Pixie Dust too. Annmarie

4Gus-Gus&Figaro
05-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Julie - Here's hoping that your family gets some good news soon! pixiedust:

And, if there's anything that I can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask! I'm just an IM or e-mail away! :hug:

Diana Lyn
05-04-2006, 06:10 AM
Julie, prayers and good thoughts going to your family! :hug:

#1Mouse
05-04-2006, 07:00 AM
Julie prayers & pixiedust: for your dad and your family.

#1Mouse
05-04-2006, 07:06 AM
:cake:HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY:cake:

party: :bday: party: :bday: party: :bday: party:

alikat99
05-04-2006, 07:14 AM
Happy Birthday Cindy!!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cake: :cake: :bday: :cake: :cake: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

WDWLVR
05-04-2006, 07:30 AM
Happy Birthday Cindy!

:bday: :cake: :bday: :cake: :bday:

cgcw
05-04-2006, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the birthday wishes. :thumbsup2

As I told Gary, 29 is such a hard year to accept. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I wonder how many more times I'm going to turn 29 before I finally have to change that number to be 39??? :lmao: :lmao:

WDWLVR
05-04-2006, 07:35 AM
Gary started a thread for his lovely wife on the birthday board. Stop by and wish here a happy birthday there as well. After all it is a great way to get your post counts up. :)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=12555984#post12555984

Diana Lyn
05-04-2006, 08:22 AM
Happy Birthday Cindy!

party: :bday: :cake: :rockband: party: :bday: :cake: :rockband:

scrappy910
05-04-2006, 08:36 AM
:cheer2: :cheer2: HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY :cheer2: :cheer2:

:rockband: Have a GREAT Day :dancer: :dancer:

MaryJ
05-04-2006, 09:20 AM
Julie, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your dad. :hug:

tinkerbelle77
05-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Happy Birthday Cindy! party: :bday: :cake: :bday: :cake: :bday: :cake: party:

MaryJ
05-04-2006, 09:28 AM
party: Happy Birthday Cindy!! party:

From me and our "friend" Henry!

http://www.henryvac.co.uk/_borders/henrys.jpg

RRBB
05-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Julie,
Ian, David and I are sending tons of Prayers and PD for you dad and your whole family. http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/fairy.gif

RRBB
05-04-2006, 09:42 AM
http://www.smeechy.com/MySmilies/bday2.gif Cindy,

Happy Birthday wishes from Ian, David and myself! We hope you have a fantastic 29th! http://www.smeechy.com/MySmilies/bestwish.gif

cgcw
05-04-2006, 09:53 AM
The kids and I are heading out for the day.

Thanks for the wishes. I do have a little confession to make ---- my 29th birthday was long ago. :blush: :blush: :blush: I should be holding at 39 but 49 is now on the horizon. :sad2:

MaryJ --- I will never forget our moment with Henry. I chuckle about it to this day. Gary still thinks I'm nuts but it was such a special moment that only a few could appreciate at the time.

For anyone who does not know, Henry is the name of the vacuum on the cruise ships. On the last member cruise, we talked about vacuums and Henry came up. The joke was we were going to sail with Captain Henry and we would only think about the "Henry" vacuums. So, we go for the lifeboat drills and MaryJ & I are standing right near each other when they annouce that Captain Henry is our Captain for the cruise. :lmao: :lmao: Mary and I looked at each other and busted out laughing. :rotfl: :rotfl: I'm sure there were many who thought we had lost it then and there -- my family included. :rotfl: :rotfl:

RRBB
05-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Stay away from anything dairy, including cottage cheese!

Stick to the BRAT!

Hope he feels better very soon.

HUGS

jThanks for all the advise everyone. I truly appreciate it!!!

So I was looking in the book Baby 411 - recommended by Ian's pedi - and it says the following about diarrhea and BRAT...
Old Wives Tale
Use BRAT diet for a baby with diarrhea (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast)
The truth: Fat and fiber are more effective in bulking up the poop than these foods. The old school of thought was called the BRAT diet. It was thought that a bland, carbohydrate diet was best for infants with diarrhea. The latest research (1999) suggests that fat and fiber are actually more effective in reducing water loss in diarrhea.

I have a call into Ian's pedi and I'm waiting for a response. Of course I now have whatever it is, too. Nothing in me whatsoever - lost 2.5 pounds since yesterday morning!! (Too bad it's not something to cheer about. :rolleyes: )

gometros
05-04-2006, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the birthday wishes. :thumbsup2

As I told Gary, 29 is such a hard year to accept. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I wonder how many more times I'm going to turn 29 before I finally have to change that number to be 39??? :lmao: :lmao:

http://www.*********************.ca/images/infinityandbeyond/smileys/birthday.gif Cindy

That's so funny. My kids know I don't celebrate my birthday, but the anniversary of my 29th birthday. Problem is, my son is turning 24 next month, so how much longer can I get away with that?

Julie - so sorry about your father. Our prayers are with you.

cherylp3
05-04-2006, 10:07 AM
Happy Birthday Cindy!!

rsschneck
05-04-2006, 11:19 AM
:bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday:

CINDY HAPPY 29th BIRTHDAY, AGAIN!

chipscinderelly
05-04-2006, 12:00 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!!! party:

chipscinderelly
05-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Thanks Mary, Roxann, Cindy, Cheryl, Lily, Tina, Amy, Annmarie, Karen, Diana, Gail, Mary, Robin, Ian, David and Sandy for the well wishes. We should know more next Tuesday - and we very much appreciate the prayers, PD and good thoughts!

MaryJ
05-04-2006, 12:20 PM
The kids and I are heading out for the day.

Thanks for the wishes. I do have a little confession to make ---- my 29th birthday was long ago. :blush: :blush: :blush: I should be holding at 39 but 49 is now on the horizon. :sad2:

Cindy, you could do what I did. After I reached the big 4-0, every birthday after that I started counting backwards. Now I'm 31! :rolleyes1

4Gus-Gus&Figaro
05-04-2006, 01:36 PM
:cake: ::MickeyMo Happy Birthday Cindy!!! ::MickeyMo :cake:

Stitch#1
05-04-2006, 01:40 PM
http://lnx.ginevra2000.it/Disney/animatedgif/d2576.gifhttp://lnx.ginevra2000.it/Disney/animatedgif/aapmickeyhb2.gifhttp://lnx.ginevra2000.it/Disney/animatedgif/d2576.gif

Happy 29th Birthday Cindy!
(again!)

Stitch#1
05-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Julie - I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I think we will all be waiting on pins and needles with you until Tuesday. All my thoughts and prayers are coming your way.

Is it me or does it seem like lately cancer is about as common as a cold (unfortunately). I mean my Grandfather passed away from cancer, my best friends Dad is a prostate cancer survivor, his MIL is a breast cancer survivor, my Uncle is a recent throat cancer survivor (going thru treatments over this past holidays) and my Aunt (married to the aformentioned uncle) recently found out she has breast cancer.
Sorry for the downer there but doesn't it just make you stop and think.

Robin - sorry to here your not feeling so hot but glad to hear Ian seems to be feeling better!

cgcw
05-04-2006, 02:19 PM
Cindy, you could do what I did. After I reached the big 4-0, every birthday after that I started counting backwards. Now I'm 31! :rolleyes1

I like the way you calculate. That makes me mid-30's. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

cgcw
05-04-2006, 02:23 PM
Is it me or does it seem like lately cancer is about as common as a cold (unfortunately). I mean my Grandfather passed away from cancer, my best friends Dad is a prostate cancer survivor, his MIL is a breast cancer survivor, my Uncle is a recent throat cancer survivor (going thru treatments over this past holidays) and my Aunt (married to the aformentioned uncle) recently found out she has breast cancer.

Stacy, scary, isn't it. :( :( :worried:

rsschneck
05-04-2006, 04:05 PM

I know what you mean. I have had 4 or 5 of my patients tell me this year they have been diagosed with some type of cancer. A friend of mine has been diagnosed with Breast cancer and she is not even 40. Very Scary!

rsschneck
05-04-2006, 04:08 PM
My oldest sister is coming in from the coast today. Yesterday her MIL had a MAJOR heart attack. She had 2 stints put in and she was in ICU last night. My BIL drove in yesterday as soon as he got the call and has been at the hospital ever since. My family will be watching our niece and nephew this weekend while they concentrate on MIL. We are praying everything goes well for her.

rsschneck
05-04-2006, 04:10 PM
On a happier note

DD's school put together a volunteer appreciation lunch. It was very good! :thumbsup2 We all took home a strawberry plant to kill (I mean grow) :lmao:

alikat99
05-04-2006, 04:49 PM
Hey everyone! Just a quick note that I got an email confirming that my Cafepress order is on its way. I'll post pictures as soon as I get our new t-shirts, ornaments and magnet. I can't wait!!! :banana:

WDWLVR
05-04-2006, 05:10 PM
I just got my notification too! I can't wait to see them. :cheer2:

Diana Lyn
05-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Hey everyone! Just a quick note that I got an email confirming that my Cafepress order is on its way. I'll post pictures as soon as I get our new t-shirts, ornaments and magnet. I can't wait!!! :banana:

I can't wait to see them!!

cgcw
05-04-2006, 06:36 PM
My oldest sister is coming in from the coast today. Yesterday her MIL had a MAJOR heart attack. She had 2 stints put in and she was in ICU last night. My BIL drove in yesterday as soon as he got the call and has been at the hospital ever since. My family will be watching our niece and nephew this weekend while they concentrate on MIL. We are praying everything goes well for her.

Roxann, how scary. Fortunately, there was something the doctors were able to do. I hope it helps and she recovers. Prayers & pixie dust. pixiedust: I hope all goes well and hopefully you will have some fun with the kids this weekend.

Stitch#1
05-04-2006, 07:15 PM

Oh my goodness! My thoughts are with your family.
I hope everything goes ok.

Stitch#1
05-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Ok on a different note. I was on a different thread (I forget which one now) and one of the posters had a link to a web site with pictures from his wedding at Disney. The pictures were gorgeous and all I can think was that will be Julie and Matt in a few months!!!!
Here is the link... oh and there is music too so have your speakers turned on!
http://www.mabelandterence.com/

tinkerbelle77
05-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Roxann,

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Hope that all is well soon!

WDWLVR
05-04-2006, 07:31 PM
Great link Stacy - can't wait to see Julie's pictures. Beautiful!

WDWLVR
05-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Roxann - sorry to hear about your family. Will keep you all in my prayers.

Diana Lyn
05-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Ok on a different note. I was on a different thread (I forget which one now) and one of the posters had a link to a web site with pictures from his wedding at Disney. The pictures were gorgeous and all I can think was that will be Julie and Matt in a few months!!!!
Here is the link... oh and there is music too so have your speakers turned on!
http://www.mabelandterence.com/

Oh, those are awesome!! :sad: That's the same spot we got married and that was our officiant, Rev. Jack marrying them!! :sad:

Memories..... :rolleyes1

Diana Lyn
05-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Roxann - my thoughts and prayers are with your family.

cgcw
05-04-2006, 08:24 PM
We are all done celebrating in our house. Gary brought home dinner from a very busy Italian restaurant in Schaumburg. It's much easier to eat at home with the kids and we are all stuffed silly at this point.

After dinner, we did presents. :teeth:

Cameron gave me a new Snow Baby to add to my collection. I can never have enough of them. It's already unboxed and in my curio cabinet.

After dinner, Walker ran off to his room to wrap my birthday present and make a card. The birthday gift, all wrapped up in Christmas paper no less, was the entire contents of his piggy bank dumped into a bucket of Toy Story soldiers we bought down in WDW a couple trips back. A thoughtful gift, for a 6 year old. I'm sure it will probably be the last time he tries to give me the contents of his piggy bank. Usually it's the other way around -- as in, I can empty my wallet in the toy store for him without Walker giving it a second thought.

But, the inside of his card was precious. Here's what it said:

http://www.dotphoto.com/SAN1/21/7C/A1/i217CA18A-9B29-474E-A7DE-83A29678BF9E.jpg

The most precious gift a Mom can get -- something I will treasure forever! :sad1:

MarkRG
05-04-2006, 08:26 PM
We are all done celebrating in our house. Gary brought home dinner from a very busy Italian restaurant in Schaumburg. It's much easier to eat at home with the kids and we are all stuffed silly at this point.

Cameron gave me a new Snow Baby to add to my collection. I can never have enough of them. It's already unboxed and in my curio cabinet.

After dinner, Walker ran off to his room to wrap my birthday present and make a card. The birthday gift, all wrapped up in Christmas paper no less, was the entire contents of his piggy bank dumped into a bucket of Toy Story soldiers we bought down in WDW a couple trips back. A thoughtful gift, for a 6 year old. I'm sure it will probably be the last time he tries to give me the contents of his piggy bank. Usually it's the other way around -- as in, I can empty my wallet in the toy store for him without Walker giving it a second thought.

The most precious gift a Mom can get -- something I will treasure forever! :sad1:

That is very much TOO CUTE! :thumbsup2

WDWLVR
05-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Cindy it sounds like you had an amazing birthday. What wonderful gifts. :grouphug:

#1Mouse
05-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Roxann I hope your sister's mil is doing better today. pixiedust: for a speedy recovery. You're a good sister to take the kids - I'm sure it's a great help to them. :grouphug:

#1Mouse
05-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Cindy the card from Walker is so cute. Definitely one to treasure! Glad to hear you had a nice birthday DAY!!!

iluvdisney
05-04-2006, 09:15 PM
party: Happy Birthday Cindy!!! party:

iluvdisney
05-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Oh, I had something wonderfully awesome happen to me today and I'll share it tomorrow - as I don't want to jinx it. To be continued....

#1Mouse
05-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Oh, I had something wonderfully awesome happen to me today and I'll share it tomorrow - as I don't want to jinx it. To be continued....

Sure keep us in suspense - now we won't be able to sleep tonight anxiously waiting to hear your awesome news :Pinkbounc

iluvdisney
05-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Okay Gail - one hint - it has to do with me + cruising = ?

Stitch#1
05-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Cindy - That's has got to be one of the best birthday presents ever. As soon as I read Walkers note I said "Awwwwww how cute".

Mary -That's not nice leaving us in suspense....sure and I am going out tomorrow so who knows when I be able to read the surprise (picture a pouting child)

WDWLVR
05-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Mary are you getting to go on another cruise this year? Or did you get upgraded on ours to the Walt Suite?

#1Mouse
05-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Okay Gail - one hint - it has to do with me + cruising = ?

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc If it has to do with cruising, it must be REALLY AWESOME news :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc We'll hold tight until tomorrow - don't take off and forget to tell us :rotfl2:

#1Mouse
05-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Mary are you getting to go on another cruise this year? Or did you get upgraded on ours to the Walt Suite?

Ah, now being upgraded to the Walt suite would definitely be awesome. :cheer2: If that's it Mary, will you invite us up for a party? :teeth:

alikat99
05-04-2006, 10:56 PM

Awwww, that is SO sweet!!!

4Gus-Gus&Figaro
05-04-2006, 11:03 PM
Roxann- Here's hoping that your sister's MIL is doing better! pixiedust:

KarenNY
05-04-2006, 11:04 PM
I know Mary's news('cause I'm the one that made her smile today :banana: )

#1Mouse
05-04-2006, 11:37 PM

Hey, no teasing us! Could it be Mary & Karen are going on a cruise soon????

BCVOwner2002
05-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Roxann - Pixie dust, thoughts and prayers for your sister's MIL.

Mary - it's almost midnight. Can you tell us your surprise?

Cindy - the card from Walker is precious! I already posted to your birthday thread but glad you enjoyed your special day!

I need to order my stuff for the cruise!
Annmarie

Stitch#1
05-05-2006, 05:35 AM

Oh that's really not fair teasing us like that. Ok so we know it's some sort of trip..... :scratchin

Karen, I noticed your signature and wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about Buddy. :sad1:

WDWLVR
05-05-2006, 06:45 AM

I told Mark what I thought it was last night (before you posted this) and it looks like I might be right.:)

pixiedust: pdfg

cgcw
05-05-2006, 07:14 AM
Good Morning!! :surfweb: :surfweb:

Happy Friday! :sunny: :sunny:

Mary, it sounds like you have something special planned! How exciting. :cheer2:

iluvdisney
05-05-2006, 07:49 AM
Sorry to leave you all in suspense but I had a hard time believing that I could be so lucky!

Karen NY contacted me yesterday to give me some news - since we were meeting up at WDW in less than 2 weeks. She got the chance to go on a 3 day Disney cruise while we are both at WDW and asked if I would like to come along and what a deal we got. Would I???? I'd have to be crazy not to!!! So, along with a much delayed vacation to WDW, I'm going on a cruise too!!!
These kinds of things just don't happen to me and I was in a bit of shock last night - somehow I thought it was all a dream. So instead of saying that I will be at WDW 2 weeks from today - I will now say that I will be on board the Wonder in 2 weeks in the middle of my trip to WDW - now, that is a vacation!!! Must have been a reason I had to reschedule my long-awaited trip back on the road!

So, I'm a smling for sure! :goodvibes

alikat99
05-05-2006, 07:56 AM
:cheer2: YIPPEE!! to Karen & Mary!! You guys are going to have a BLAST!!! Don't ya just love those last minute surprises!!! :cheer2:

WDWLVR
05-05-2006, 08:01 AM
Mary that is wonderful news! OK so I was close. I thought you were going to cruise with Karen on the 11 day trip. :) I know you guys will have a WONDERful time! Enjoy!

cgcw
05-05-2006, 08:02 AM
Sorry to leave you all in suspense but I had a hard time believing that I could be so lucky!

Karen NY contacted me yesterday to give me some news - since we were meeting up at WDW in less than 2 weeks. She got the chance to go on a 3 day Disney cruise while we are both at WDW and asked if I would like to come along and what a deal we got. Would I???? I'd have to be crazy not to!!! So, along with a much delayed vacation to WDW, I'm going on a cruise too!!!
These kinds of things just don't happen to me and I was in a bit of shock last night - somehow I thought it was all a dream. So instead of saying that I will be at WDW 2 weeks from today - I will now say that I will be on board the Wonder in 2 weeks in the middle of my trip to WDW - now, that is a vacation!!! Must have been a reason I had to reschedule my long-awaited trip back on the road!

So, I'm a smling for sure! :goodvibes

Lucky you & Karen!!!! I'm sure you will have a great time!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

KarenNY
I figured it would be a trial run to see if Mary could put up with me as a roomie in Oct ;)

Diana Lyn
That's awesome news Karen and Mary!!! :cheer2:

cgcw
05-05-2006, 08:04 AM
I figured it would be a trial run to see if Mary could put up with me as a roomie in Oct ;)

And if she can't, which one of you gets left behind? :sad: :sad: :sad:

There's always those chairs on deck 4!

iluvdisney
05-05-2006, 08:14 AM
I have repeatedly told Karen not to worry about me - I'm easy. Thing is will she be able to put up with me - some of you know how gullible I am!

It should be a lot of fun and I am really looking forward to my new plans for my upcoming vacation. It's so nice to have friends!!! :cheer2:

WDWLVR
05-05-2006, 08:26 AM
That is so great. I'm sure you will have a fantastic time. So are you guys sailing the 18th, 19th and 20th?

WDWLVR
05-05-2006, 08:26 AM
Hey everyone remember tonight is cruise chat! Hope some of you can make it. I guess we know who will win when we ask who is cruising next :)

iluvdisney
05-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Yes those are the dates Mary. I still have to pinch myself - I can't believe that I'm going back on the ship in 2 weeks.

See ya in chat! :wave:

#1Mouse
05-05-2006, 08:52 AM
YEA for Mary and Karen :Pinkbounc I'm sure you both will have a great time :Pinkbounc

Stitch#1
05-05-2006, 09:04 AM
How sweet is that!!! :woohoo:
Why can't I ever hear something like that!? :sad2:
Someday......
Your going to have such fun!!!!

BCVOwner2002
05-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Mary and Karen - That's awesome! :cool1: What a wonderful surprise for you, Mary. I hope you have a great time!

I'm not sure if I'll be in chat tonight. I took today off from work to drive to Philly to pick up Shawn only to find out last night his last final at 3pm today has been moved to 9am tomorrow morning. It looks like I'll be leaving around 5am tomorrow to do a round trip MA to PA and back. It should only take about 12 - 13 hours (depending upon whether he has everything packed and ready when I get there)!

I guess I'll spend today getting caught up on things I've been neglecting around the house and cross more things off my "To Do" list.

Annmarie

bcvprincesses
05-05-2006, 09:46 AM
I have been busy with work and gyamnastics stuff and I have really missed a lot around here. Now I am trying to play catch up.

Julie Prayers going out to your whole family for good news on Tuesday. We will be thinking about you. pixiedust:

Cindy Happy late birthday. Love your card. party:

Roxann any new news? Thinking about your whole family. pixiedust:

Mary and Karen have a great time. What a nice surprise. :Pinkbounc

What color shirts did everyone order? I still can't decide.

I won't be in chat again because this weekend is Brooke's state meet. She is so excited. I hope she does well. This is her last meet for the year. She is in the young 9 year old group and is up against 30 other girls.

WDWLVR
05-05-2006, 10:02 AM
Mark and I ordered that ash colored shirts. I think the graphic looks best on either the ash or the white and I just don't look good in white. I also ordered a cap for Mark, one of the ornaments and the mug. I'm thinking of using it at work and it will bring the cruise a little closer to me each day.

rsschneck
05-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Roxann any new news? Thinking about your whole family. pixiedust:

Thanks for asking! My Sister's MIL is doing okay. Still in ICU, feeding tube but no oxygen. Doctor's are going to try for EKG today and some neurological testing. Seems like she knows everyone. Hopefully we will know more after today.

DH said he does not want a t-shirt. I will see if DD wants a t-shirt. I will be purchasing one for myself probably in white.

rsschneck
05-05-2006, 11:52 AM
Mary and Karen have FUN for ALL of us who won't be with you (this time ;) )
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

BCVOwner2002
05-05-2006, 12:33 PM
I have been busy with work and gyamnastics stuff and I have really missed a lot around here. Now I am trying to play catch up.

I won't be in chat again because this weekend is Brooke's state meet. She is so excited. I hope she does well. This is her last meet for the year. She is in the young 9 year old group and is up against 30 other girls.

Hi Ann Marie! Good luck at the state meet. :cheer2: Let us know how Brooke makes out. I am going to order an ash tee shirt for myself.

Roxann - I hope the news will be good. Continued thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

The mailman just dropped off our tickets to MNSSHP! :cool1: I'm getting very excited! Now I need to start thinking about a costume!

Have a good day everyone!

Annmarie

WDWLVR
05-05-2006, 12:34 PM
I got our cafepress order! YEAH!

Here's my review on what we bought:

T-shirts - love them! They are tagless t's. The logo on the front is bigger than I expected but nice and the art on the back looks great.

cap - my only disappointment. I knew the logo would be small and it is.

ornament - very nice! I know it will hang on our tree for many years to come.

mug - I love it. A really nice size and the art looks great on the ceramic.

Thank you Diana for a wonderful job handling these. Would you believe I got these t-shirts before the ones for our May cruise (they are on their way).

YEAH!

scrappy910
05-05-2006, 12:36 PM
:sad2: Sad day at my house today. My Mickey Mouse toaster stopped playing music. :sad1: Although I think my dh is rather happy that it stopped. Not sure what the grandkids will think. May have to replace it for them. They love the music when their toast pops up.

Carol

PS I really don't mean to make light of those of you who are truly going through sad times with family illness. Prayers and pixiedust: to all of you!

Diana Lyn
05-05-2006, 01:04 PM

T-shirts - love them! They are tagless t's. The logo on the front is bigger than I expected but nice and the art on the back looks great.

Thank you Diana for a wonderful job handling these. Would you believe I got these t-shirts before the ones for our May cruise (they are on their way).

YEAH!

Mary--you have to post pictures!! :Pinkbounc

WDWLVR
05-05-2006, 01:25 PM
I promise I will when Mark and I get home for work. Right now however....

I'm doing the document dance! Our documents for our May 27th cruise came today...
party: party: party: party: party:

WDWLVR
05-05-2006, 01:26 PM
Carol - sorry to hear about your toaster. I think that warrents a shopping trip! :)

alikat99
05-05-2006, 01:28 PM

YEAH!
Yippee!! That means that mine should be here soon. I figure that it will probably be here on Monday. We ordered the white t-shirts for everyone, since that's the only color that I could get Emily and Madison's in.

#1Mouse
05-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Carol - sorry to hear about your toaster. I think that warrents a shopping trip! :)

After what she did to her credit card on our March trip, she probably needs to wait on that new toaster :teeth: Let's just say the stores at DTD probably posted an nice healthy profit for March :rotfl2:

Stitch#1
05-05-2006, 02:27 PM
Ok I'm going to do a little plug for my friend Jen.
My friend wrote a book called "The Boy Who Grew Flowers" and it can be purchased from Barnes & Noble online and possibly in a store near you.
It's a great book and the local paper had an article in yesterdays paper about her and her book.
http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=478224&category=LIFE&BCCode=&newsdate=5/5/2006

Please take a peek!
Thanks
:wave2:

Oh and if anyone does buy the book and would like it signed just get in touch with me and I will make it happen!

chipscinderelly
05-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Roxann - I hope the news is good for you!

Carol - that is a very sad day and I think it calls for a new toaster for sure!!!

I'm off to Disney tonight with my girlfriends until Wednesday AM and I'm getting excited. I managed to pack in a carry on and a bag - now let's see what the airline lets me get away with. :woohoo:

T shirts - I am thinking of getting the pink cause I like it but then I'll be the only one. Matt said he wants ash or white so that's what he's getting.

cherylp3
05-05-2006, 03:45 PM
I bought the pink and the green tshirts, along with magnents. Todd wanted the Ash grey tshirt.

Diana Lyn
05-05-2006, 04:15 PM
I bought the pink and the green tshirts, along with magnents. Todd wanted the Ash grey tshirt.

Cheryl, I'm anxious to see both the pink and green too. You have to post pics when you get yours!

MarkRG
05-05-2006, 05:23 PM
Mary--you have to post pictures!! :Pinkbounc

Here you go, a total shot of everything:
http://monorailgreen.info/member2006/cafe1.jpg

And since Mary's not home, I had a special guest to model:
http://monorailgreen.info/member2006/cafe2.jpg

MaryJ
05-05-2006, 05:40 PM
I ordered the ash grey T-shirts for Ken and me, a long sleeve T-shirt just for me, and the ornament.

WDWLVR
05-05-2006, 06:15 PM
I had Mark take a close-up of the ornament and mug. The ornament is the same size as the ones you can get at WDW. The mug is a nice large one (not huge but larger than a regular one).

http://monorailgreen.info/member2006/cafe3.jpg

RRBB
05-05-2006, 06:16 PM
I didn't ask David what he wanted, but I ordered the green shirts for the two of us and the white - since that was the only option - for Ian. I'm thinking of attempting to dye Ian's green though.

WDWLVR
05-05-2006, 06:17 PM
I'm really happy with cafepress. Ordering was easy, communication was great including e-mailing a tracking number, and packing was nice and secure. Diana I know I've said it before but thank you for doing all the research that got us here. Great choice and I can't wait to see everyone in their SSMC06 gear!

cgcw
05-05-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm off to Disney tonight with my girlfriends until Wednesday AM and I'm getting excited. I managed to pack in a carry on and a bag - now let's see what the airline lets me get away with. :woohoo:

T shirts - I am thinking of getting the pink cause I like it but then I'll be the only one. Matt said he wants ash or white so that's what he's getting.

Julie, you are so lucky with all the trips you take. Quite the jet setter -- I wish I had done that back in my early days. :wizard: Have fun at WDW!

What, Matt won't wear pink? :confused3 I think we should challenge some of the men on this cruise to see who actually would. :rotfl2:

I haven't ordered anything yet either. I just mentioned to Gary on his way out for the night that we really should do that. The free shipping expires today and something tells me that we're not going to make it this round. So, if anyone else gets a discount, I'd appreciate if you'd pass it along. Things have just been so crazy for us lately with the boys in various activities. Cameron now begs for a night when we get to stay home for the entire night.

Speaking of staying home for the night, Cameron babysat Walker the other night while Gary and I went to CPR class. We were just down the road and my neighbors were home. Our regular babysitter wasn't available and short of calling out a favor, we didn't have anyone to stay with the boys. We have to recertify every year for my daycare licensing so not going wasn't an option. If there had been a problem, Gary would have come home and brought them back to the class. Fortunately, Walker was on his best behavior and Cameron didn't let his authority go to his head. I suppose it didn't hurt that I threatened both of them with severe groundings if they misbehaved. ;) :lmao:

I also have a very strange thing happen this week. Coming out of pickup up Walker at school, a bunch of ducks were sitting in a pond. All of the sudden, these ducks start flying out of the water and two of them slammed right into a brick wall of the building by the pond. :eek: I have never seen that before. One of them recovered and just kept flying. The other was like a ton of bricks and hit the ground. Walker wanted to go over and check on the duck, but I was afraid of what state it might be in and whether or not it would be scared enough to attack. So, we waited and watched. It took a couple of minutes, but we did see the duck stand back up. It truly looked like it didn't have a clue as to what happened and I suspect it was knocked out in the process (can that happen to ducks). We watched a while longer and did see it walking, very slowly around. It still looked dazed when we left. I tell you, it must be mating season! All you ladies should tell your DH/SO that they are lucky they don't have to fly into brick walls to get your attention. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

cgcw
05-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Here you go, a total shot of everything:
http://monorailgreen.info/member2006/cafe1.jpg

And since Mary's not home, I had a special guest to model:
http://monorailgreen.info/member2006/cafe2.jpg

Very nice. They look nice in ash. It's nice to see the finished product.

I'm thinking we'll probably order the white since we're limited to that in Walker's size. The big decision for Gary is the t-shirt/golf shirt. I have no idea which one he's going to prefer.

The mugs look awesome too! :cool1:

Is anyone thinking about the sweatshirt? I kind of am for myself. :scratchin

And.....Mark, your model is cute! :thumbsup2

I second what Mary has said. Thanks Diana!!!! :thanks:

Diana Lyn
05-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Thanks Mark and Mary for posting the pics! I'm really impressed with how great everything came out. I'm also glad we went with cafepress because now that the initial set up is done, my job is done. I don't have to worry about anything. I can just sit back and relax while waiting for the cruise.

I don't know when I'm going to place my order, I still haven't even begun to think about what I want to get. The mug looks amazing! As a side note, there are other mugs available, so if anyone would like to see those, I can put them up on the store.

Thanks for all the compliments about the store!

tinkerbelle77
05-05-2006, 10:04 PM
Mike and Mary,

Those pics look great! Thanks! Now if only remember to order my things. I was all set to order yesterday, and a friend called. One thing led to another we talked forever. LOL! Oh well, I will have a lime green shirt before we sail! Thanks again!

BCVOwner2002
05-06-2006, 05:30 AM
How cool is this? I just realized I can get to this thread with my new blackberry! Now I wish I charged the battery before leaving for Philly. Mark and Mary the pictures of cruise stuff looks great. I'm going to order when I get home tonight. Have a good day everyone. Annmarie