PDA

View Full Version : 2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

WDWLVR
12-10-2005, 02:13 AM
Amy - congrats on becoming an Aunt!

Cindy - my condolences on losing your Aunt.

rsschneck - congrats on post #3000!

mrsdon
12-10-2005, 06:21 AM
Cindy
So sorry to hear about the loss of your aunt.
:grouphug:

alikat99
12-10-2005, 07:23 AM
Oh Cindy - I'm SO sorry to hear about your aunt. My prayers are with your family!!!

Diana Lyn
12-10-2005, 08:27 AM
3000 posts! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Congrats on post 3000!! :cheer2:

Scratch42
12-10-2005, 08:27 AM
:grouphug:

Cindy sorry for your loss.

janet

Scratch42
12-10-2005, 08:29 AM
Well today is the day I hope to meet up with Jacqui from the cruise!

Weather Permitting, of course!

Have a Disney Day Everybody!

janet

chipscinderelly
12-10-2005, 08:48 AM
It's a BOY!!!
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Caleb Wade was born at 3:59pm CST. 6 lbs, 1 oz and 19" long

My side of the family is SO excited because we already have 5 girls (my 2 and my sister's 3), so this is the first little boy. He's going to be one spoiled little guy!!!

CONGRATULATIONS to the entire family!!!

chipscinderelly
12-10-2005, 08:50 AM
I have no idea who Jim Brickman is :confused3 and I did not see the show on PBS.

Stacy - he plays the piano and sometimes sings his own songs or has others. He's famous for "the Gift" and other romance songs. His most recent album (do we still call em that?) is a Disney Songbook.

chipscinderelly
12-10-2005, 08:53 AM
WOW
I didnt even notice I hit 1100 posts the other day.
Im exhausted.
My dog has decided that 1am is the time he wants to go out side and roll around on the grass and BARK!!!
Hes such a baby.
Im going to bed early tonight, so I'll probably miss chat.

CONGRATS Debbie!

WDWLVR
12-10-2005, 08:53 AM
We saw the Jim Brinkman special on PBS the other night. It was wonderful! It was shot at WDW and it was great to see the castle as a backdrop every now and then. I'll have to look for his CD while we are at DCA today.

chipscinderelly
12-10-2005, 08:54 AM
So I'm going to have a repeat of last Saturdays call in frenzy tomorrow morning at 10 when I try to get Billy Joel tickets! :Pinkbounc I'm already a nervous wreck....practicing my ticketmaster.com skills! :rotfl2:

OK, not a very serious or life altering event but I can use some pixie dust!! :wizard:

GO DIANA!!! Oh isn't this his last tour also?

chipscinderelly
12-10-2005, 08:55 AM
I JUST got home! Can you imagine being stuck in the office? There were approximately 150 employees in the building. My office was closed at 3pm and those employees that left at 3pm didn't get out of the business park until 6pm. They recently built another building in the park and getting in and out was a problem during the summer. Now that winter is here I'm very concerned today is going to be the norm! Everyone who stayed in the office said they are going to call in sick if we are expecting a lot of snow.

I'm so happy to be home! The roads are terrible!

I am so gld you were able to get out and get safely home! I hope they fix the problem or it sounds like you are going to have a sick out.

chipscinderelly
12-10-2005, 08:57 AM
Amy had good news today. I have bad news.

I've heard it say for every birth, there is a death. Tonight it's in my family.

My Mom sister, who the doctors told on Sunday she would have 6-10 weeks left, passed away early this evening.

I am very sad that my Mom didn't get to say goodbye. I planned to take her to see my aunt at the hospital last Wednesday night, but my aunt was released by then. I couldn't take her earlier in the week as I had prevous committments Monday & Tuesday. Since my Mom had a stroke 11 years ago, she hasn't been able to walk stairs and mostly gets around by way of a wheelchair. So, going to see my Aunt, who lived in an older style bungalow with a set of stairs to get inside, was not an option.

My cousin's son arranged for his Eagle Scout friend to come on Thursday night to help my Mom into my aunt's house. But, we had a snow storm here instead and there is no way my Mom could have been out in the snow we had last night.

We planned to get her there over the weekend. Now it's too late. My Mom did get to talk to her sister on the phone this afternoon, but I know this is going to be very hard on my Mom. As sisters, they had the bond I will never have with my own sisters.

It's just so unbelievable. I guess I have to think about how many years my aunt lived without any ailments. She had a long and healthy life up until the last couple of months. And, 2 sons she adored along with 2 DIL's she adored and a bunch of grandchildren and greatgrandchildren who will carry on what she instilled in all of them.

I know I will always have very fond memories of her.

Cindy - our deepest sympathy to you, your mom, Gary, Cameron, Walker and your entire family. :goodvibes We are thinking of all of you and wishing you peace.

cgcw
12-10-2005, 09:26 AM
Morning all :sunny:

Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers. It's going to be a rough couple of days coming up but we'll get through it. :wizard:

Good thing is that I forewarned my daycare families yesterday when they picked up that my aunt's passing as on the horizon (I just had no idea at that point it was in the process) so when I find out the arrangements and call them, they won't be totally surprised that they will need to make other arrangements for their children.

KarenNY
12-10-2005, 09:27 AM
Cindy-I am sorry for your loss. Cherish your memories of your dear aunt.
Amy-Congrats on your new nephew!
Stacy- hi neighbor :wave:

cgcw
12-10-2005, 09:38 AM
Sorry I missed you guys, I was doing the Christmas cards and making my weekend list of things we need to get done. Don't tell Bruce about the list...... :rolleyes1

:laughing: I have a list going in my head too. Gary doesn't know about it yet (I'm sure he will soon when he reads it here). I was talking to Amy about commissioning her Mom to make some Disney themed valances for my kitchen and bathroom which is right off the kitchen. Gail and I were talking about sponge painting and such and now I have tons of ideas flowing through my head. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: I've already hunted down some accessories on ebay and disneyshopping. So, I'm on a roll.

Gary's all time favorite phrase I use is "I was thinking......" because it usually means I'm thinking of something for him to do. ;) :teeth:

scrappy910
12-10-2005, 09:53 AM
My dh hates to see me turn to HGTV because he knows it will usually mean I will come up with something for him to do. I usually do all the painting in the house. Too inpatient to wait for dh to "find the time". My kitchen is disney themed. I have been buying the different tea kettles and they sit on top of my cupboards. Have other disney items for the kitchen but haven't gotten everything the way I like it. I just keep moving things around. And since my grandson no longer likes to sit in the high chair I can now move that out of the kitchen area and have more space to arrange my disney stuff. Haven't figured out what color to paint the walls. Right now they are just builders neutral (YUK!!!) When Gail and John come down for Christmas I will get Gail's input to arranging. She is good at that. Maybe I could just hire her and pay her with a stay at WDW!!!

Carol :flower:

WDWLVR
12-10-2005, 09:57 AM
Well Mark has posted a bit and I'm sure he'll add more today but here is my recap of the trip so far - sorry very long so skip if you want. :)

Thursday night was one of those nights that nothing seemed to go right. From the flight delays to the wierd neighbors. Just didn't get the trip off to the best start. Friday, however, was an awesome day.

Started the morning by heading down to the front desk and explaining that we would like to change rooms. I prefaced it with the girl by saying she might need her manager. Nope she heard what I had to say, looked us up in the system (where we are assuming the notes about the noisy neighbors and non working phone were) and assured us she would find us another room. Only problem is we would have to check out of our old one and then check back in later that day. She did not have a room we could move right into. No problem.

We then head over to Goofy's Kitchen. It is a character breakfast buffet that in the past we have been able to just walk into. Same at most (but not all) of the breakfast buffets at WDW. Wrong - without a reservation the wait was 90 minutes! Not to worry Grandville's was open. No characters and no buffet but the food was good and we were seated immediately. Then up to the room to pack (no problem - we are traveling light) and down to Bell Services to check our bags.

First stop was the Disney Travel company office in Downtown Disney. We are on a package and got a voucher for a nice travel bag from them. Then off to Disneyland. For those who haven't been here you can easily walk from the hotel, through Downtown Disney and to both parks. It is much more compact than WDW.

We get lockers and stow our jackets since it is now warming up. First ride was Storbook Gardens. You right in these little boats past miniature villages from all the Disney stories. We even got the golden boat. All of the original rides here at Disneyland have one Golden vehicle in honor of the 50th. Mark checks his phone and sees he has a message from Todd saying he was calling because Cheryl told him to call at 8. He didn't say they were in the park. So thinking they were still on their way we decide to head over to Small World. Out here they redo it for the holidays and it is awesome! We watched the outside show at the top of the hour and then road the ride inside. While inside we got another call. Mark's ringer is hard to hear so we keep missing these calls. Mark calls back and gets Todd's voice mail (turns out they were inside riding Small World. We head over to New Orleans Square and finally at about 11 am we finally connect and hear they are on their way over by train.

They get in about 11:25 and we go check in for our 11:30 lunch. We only had a short wait for a table and then had a very nice sit-down lunch at Blue Bayou. After lunch we stayed together and rode Pirates. Then walked over and did Haunted Mansion. This is another ride that Disneyland revamps for the holiday season. This one with a Nightmare Before Christmas theme. Excellent! After that we did the Winnie-the-Pooh ride (you ride in beehives out here not honey pots), then a short break for some candy shopping. Splash has a 90 minute wait so we skip that. We head over to Mr. Toads wild ride since they don't have that at WDW any more. By this time it is close to 3 pm and our room should be ready (and our feet are tired). We invite Cheryl and Todd to come back with us and relax for a while.

On the way out we find a DVC kiosk and have a great conversation with a CM there named Lowell. DVC seems to be selling really well here in California. As we go past another DVC kiosk in Downtown Disney Cheryl spots a CM with the "I know a secret" DVC pin and asks if i have it. I don't and would love it but didn't bring any trading pins. Not to fear - Cheryl has and trades for it and gives it to me. Thanks Cheryl! We then pass a pin booth where I insist on buying Cheryl a replacement pin and pick up about 7 more of our own including the one for Narnia that just came out that day. Finally at the hotel and we have a new room. Same tower, same location, just two floors up. Pick up our bags and off we go. Wonderful room!

After relaxing and talking a bit we decide to head out to dinner. We chose Storyteller's Cafe over at the Grand Floridian. We only had about a 15 minute wait. Food was great (Cheryl and I ordered off the menu while the guys did the buffet). They do a character breakfast here with Chip and Dale and we made plans to join Cheryl and Todd here Monday morning. Then it was off to Downtown Disney to catch the monorail.

Mark and I had tickets for the dessert buffet for the Fantasmic showing at 9 pm and it said check-in was at 8 so we said good-bye to Cheryl and Todd and made our way over there. By now my ankle was really bother me (way too much walking) so when we got there we sat in the cute little second story coutryard and waiting for check in. There are only about 20 seats on the balcony and they seat you by when your call comes in for the tickets. We didn't call for ourselves. We found that since we were staying at the Disneyland Hotel vacation planning there could take care of it. We were the second ones seated and had front and center seats. A lavish display of desserts were available and we both had some but not a lot. To be honest the fact that we could walk right in and sit down without staking out a spot on the ground 2 hours before was worth it.

After Fantasmic we got to stay in our seats for the firewoks. Really nice. Part of the soundtrack is from Wishes and the rest is narrated by Julie Andrews and hightlights the major rides in the park.

It is now after 10 pm so we head back to the room, unpack and go to sleep. We had a great night with no noisy neighbors. Yeah!

All in all a wonderful day and I'm happy we got to share most of it with friends. Today is much more relaxed. Going to Disney's California Adventure and maybe to see Narnia.

Sorry this was so long but if you read it all - thanks!

cgcw
12-10-2005, 09:59 AM
My dh hates to see me turn to HGTV because he knows it will usually mean I will come up with something for him to do. I usually do all the painting in the house. Too inpatient to wait for dh to "find the time". My kitchen is disney themed. I have been buying the different tea kettles and they sit on top of my cupboards. Have other disney items for the kitchen but haven't gotten everything the way I like it. I just keep moving things around. And since my grandson no longer likes to sit in the high chair I can now move that out of the kitchen area and have more space to arrange my disney stuff. Haven't figured out what color to paint the walls. Right now they are just builders neutral (YUK!!!) When Gail and John come down for Christmas I will get Gail's input to arranging. She is good at that. Maybe I could just hire her and pay her with a stay at WDW!!!

Hey, good idea. Maybe I can hire Gail too when she's done. I can offer loads of shopping at Woodfield Mall if that's an incentive. :teeth:

I envy people who have the "touch". My sister lives in a beautiful home, it's like a model, only it has that lived in feel to it. My sister could walk into my home and rearrange my furniture and it make feel more homey without a second thought. In fact, many years ago, my ex and I lived in an apartment down the street from my sister's house. For kicks, my sister would come over and we'd do just that. It was amazing what her touches would add to a room.

But I know she's not for hire, so hey, Gail, are you interested in a "winter project"? :teeth:

cgcw
12-10-2005, 10:04 AM
Sorry this was so long but if you read it all - thanks!

I read it all and now I want to take my family out to Disneyland. :cool1: Thanks...I look forward to the next "edition".

chipscinderelly
12-10-2005, 10:10 AM
Mary (Mark, Cheryl and Todd) - loving your recaps! Matt and I joined some friends at DL this summer and your report is bringing back good memories. We loved Blue Bayou's food - and while we didn't have a wonderful experience waiting on Fireworks Sat night (some not so nice locals were out) we love those fireworks almost more than Wishes.

I can't wait to hear more!

scrappy910
12-10-2005, 10:24 AM
Mary,

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your report from Disneyland. It brought back the great memories we had while at Disneyland in August. We were only there for 2 days, so needless to say we didn't get to see as much as we would have liked. Spent a lot of time just walking around and enjoying the place, as my dh liked to say, where Walt actually started it all.

Look forward to your next edition.

scrappy910
12-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Cindy,

Gail does have that touch for arranging and setting things up. When she was down here last year I had her rearraging my family room. Whenever I get ready to work in a room I e-mail her and say this is what I am thinking and then ask her for her ideas. It probably is a good thing that we don't live close or we would drive John and my dh crazy with our "I was thinking about...".

You may want to wait till warmer weather to tempt Gail with a shopping trip. I don't think she is too happy at this point with the snow and cold they are messing with.

WDWLVR
12-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Carol - that's one of the things I love about Disneyland. It is Walt's park. I can imagine Walt standing or sitting in the courtyard or on the balcony in the mornings before the park opened. It is a much more intimate park than Magic Kingdom as well. That doesn't mean my feet and ankle don't hurt just as much. :)

alikat99
12-10-2005, 10:49 AM
Mary - thanks for the report on Disneyland. We want to take the girls over there someday!

scrappy910
12-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Hi Mary,

Joe kept saying the whole time we were in Disneyland -just think this is where Walt walked, this is where Walt probably did this or that. It is much smaller than WDW but I still managed to get some major blisters. We stayed at the Howard Johnson's, which is within walking distance of Disneyland. It was strange to see the monorail running out front of our hotel. And it was really different walking through security into the big open area. I thought after I went through security I was in Disneyland. Took a couple of minutes to figure out that California Adventure was on the left and Disneyland on the right and Downtown Disney straight ahead. All within walking distance of each other. Definately different than WDW. I would definately like to go back. Maybe I would not be so in awe of everything.

How is the weather?

MarkRG
12-10-2005, 11:39 AM
Hi Mary,

How is the weather?

For us northerners, perfect! 60-70 and sunny, couldn't ask for better.

But don't ask the locals, it's COLD to them, heh.

Going out to DCA now, cya later on.

cherylp3
12-10-2005, 12:57 PM
It was awesome weather yesterday. I was wearing shorts! I have not acclimated yet so I did not think it was cold.

After Todd and I left Mark and Mary, we went to Alice and then to Tiki Room.
Then we headed out. The park was so full it was crazy. We made it back to the garage and then back to our hotel in LA.

This afternoon we are touring with Todd's Aunt and Uncle. Looking forward to it!

scrappy910
12-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Cheryl,

Hopefully the weather will be that nice at WDW next weekend. I am anxiously awaiting next weekend to get to WDW. We are going to try and get there on Thursday to go to the DVC Mixer. Glad your having a good time.

ohanafamily
12-10-2005, 01:54 PM
Whewwwww, I just got caught up...

I am glad Mary, Mark, Todd, and Cheryl made it safe...Is the HM still done up as Nightmare? I love that makeovertoo...

Amy, Congrats on the Nephew...

Cindy, Huggs and PD...

Umm, ARE WE ALL FORGETTING MICKEY BARS?????? If I can't have one of them Baskin Robbins Chocolate Almond......

Oh well, I am at work.....

:jumping2:

ohanafamily
12-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Amy, You wanted a blue Bouncy???

:jumping3:
: jumping3 :

Diana Lyn
12-10-2005, 02:26 PM
Gary's all time favorite phrase I use is "I was thinking......" because it usually means I'm thinking of something for him to do. ;) :teeth:

Bruce's favorite phrase I use is "WE should do this...." which really means I have a great project for you to work on all by yourself!

Diana Lyn
12-10-2005, 02:26 PM
I read it all and now I want to take my family out to Disneyland. :cool1: Thanks...I look forward to the next "edition".

Me too!! :Pinkbounc

Diana Lyn
12-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Cindy,

Gail does have that touch for arranging and setting things up.

I have that touch too. My problem is I don't have the funds to support my decorating abilities!! :rotfl: I'll come out and do your kitchen for you Cindy. But you have to watch my kids! :rotfl2:

Diana Lyn
12-10-2005, 02:29 PM
OMG I forgot to post my big news!!

I GOT FLOOR SEATS FOR BILLY JOEL!!! :banana: :cheer2: :cool1: :thewave:
FLOOR SEATS!!! :dancer:

4greatboys
12-10-2005, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=alikat99]It's a BOY!!!
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Caleb Wade was born at 3:59pm CST. 6 lbs, 1 oz and 19" long

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALEB!!!!! :cake: :bday:

Congrats!

chipscinderelly
12-10-2005, 02:42 PM

WOO HOO!! Clearly all that DVC dialing and chatting has sharpened your skills - way to go!

bcvprincesses
12-10-2005, 04:38 PM
I just caught up. We had a snow day here yesterday and we were playing all day. It was a really fun day that I think the girls and I needed.

Amy congrats on the nephew. A baby is such a great gift.

Cindy So sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

Cheryl, Todd, Mark and Mary sounds like you are having a great time. Keep up the reports when you have time, I love reading them.

Diana great job on the tickets. That will be such a great concert.

Curt Love coldstone creamery but they closest one is about 30 min away but it is sooooo worth it.

Stitch#1
12-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Stacy - he plays the piano and sometimes sings his own songs or has others. He's famous for "the Gift" and other romance songs. His most recent album (do we still call em that?) is a Disney Songbook.

I'll have to do a web search for him and check him out.

Stitch#1
12-10-2005, 05:24 PM

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!
I guess all the times calling in to get on the DVC cruises helped your dialing fingers!! :rotfl2:

Stitch#1
12-10-2005, 05:26 PM
Mark & Mark - Thanks for the little journal of your trip. Now I really want to check out DL!!
:earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

#1Mouse
12-10-2005, 05:54 PM

Did I hear my name mentioned!!! :rotfl2: I'd do most things for a WDW trip :rotfl2:

Garfield
12-10-2005, 06:12 PM
:laughing: I have a list going in my head too. Gary doesn't know about it yet (I'm sure he will soon when he reads it here). I was talking to Amy about commissioning her Mom to make some Disney themed valances for my kitchen and bathroom which is right off the kitchen. Gail and I were talking about sponge painting and such and now I have tons of ideas flowing through my head. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: I've already hunted down some accessories on ebay and disneyshopping. So, I'm on a roll.

Husbands are always the last to know ::yes:: :worried:

Garfield
12-10-2005, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=WDWLVR]Well Mark has posted a bit and I'm sure he'll add more today but here is my recap of the trip so far - sorry very long so skip if you want. :)

Savored it all Mark and Mary :goodvibes - sounds great ::yes:: !

4greatboys
12-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Cindy Im so sorry to hear about the loss of your aunt. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Garfield
12-10-2005, 06:45 PM
Bruce's favorite phrase I use is "WE should do this...." which really means I have a great project for you to work on all by yourself!

:crazy: :confused: :faint: :scared: :hyper2: :duck: :headache: :tilt: :earseek: :sad2: :laughing: :scared1: ::yes:: :upsidedow :eek: :hyper: :crazy2: :sick: :scratchin :worried: :sad:

cgcw
12-10-2005, 07:49 PM
I have that touch too. My problem is I don't have the funds to support my decorating abilities!! :rotfl: I'll come out and do your kitchen for you Cindy. But you have to watch my kids! :rotfl2:

What 2 more around here? :rotfl2: I wouldn't even notice they were here. :teeth:

Out shopping for Christmas today. I bought a lot of things for under the tree --- nothing for the kids, nothing for Gary, nothing for anyone except me. :teeth: :teeth:

WOW! How did that happen? :confused:

cgcw
12-10-2005, 07:50 PM

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

KarenNY
12-10-2005, 08:17 PM
Diana, congrats on the floor seats for my Birthday Buddy's concert. Billy Joel and I were born the same day-he's rich and talented-I'm definitely not rich and can't sing a note. But I'm going on the Member Cruise and he isn't :banana: :banana: :banana:

mrsdon
12-10-2005, 08:31 PM

XXXXXXXXX
Now THAT is big news.
Congrats Diana!!

WDWLVR
12-10-2005, 09:44 PM
Diana - congrats on the Billy Joel tickets. Great news!

callnamegrumpy
12-10-2005, 09:55 PM
dont chime in very often but heres a story maybe someone can relate to, dw works at the local mall and has become freindly with manager at disney/store, after members cruise 03 store manager heres what an awsome event it was, and is determined to go next time, store manager between 03 and 04 is transfered and we loose touch, after childrens place takes over she stopped working for new owners, after a short time she is brought back to the original store as manager, up comes members cruise 05, we report what a great time this trip was and that cruise 06 is 10-22, she is determined to go this time, 10-22 is their anniversary perfect, now comes the sad part when call in day is announced she cant believe her luck, they are on the three day disney cruise and saturday is castaway cay, how on earth can they call in,well i explain call in day is something that is hard to put into words, and i offer to help her out, she says husband and three sons going probably getiing two cabins, using points, i half offered to do the res for them and they could just transfer points, she decided not to take me up on my offer and has left all the info with good freind (not a dcv member) to do the res. now sun 12-4 they get off ship go to okw for a few days, call freind only to find out the freind got to ms all the way to booking cabins only to be short about 60 points for 06 use year ms offered to make 5th per on cash but freind thought if they used their credit card (manager didnt leave her credit card with freind) ms may cancel because they had identified themselves as disney manager. so manager calls ms 12-5 to be placed on wait list she asked me what chance she had, i told her i had read some folks did get on from wait list, just needed to share this story

WDWLVR
12-10-2005, 10:05 PM
Back in the hotel room after another fun day. This place is packed however! Went to try and eat at the family dining spot here at the Disneyland hotel and they are booked solid. We are both so beat I think we will just be skipping dinner. :)

Guess I wasn't quite awake this morning when I posted. I had us eating at the Grand Floridian yesterday. That would be kind of hard. It was really the Grand Californian. I had us in the wrong state!

Today we started out with breakfast with Lilo and Stitch over at the Paradise Pier hotel. Nice character buffet. We kind of slept in and didn't go have breakfast until 8:30. After that it was a walk to the Grand Californian and entered Disney's Californian Adventure from there. The park wasn't open yet and there was a huge line for Soarin already. We grabbed fast passes that were good for 10:25 and went off to explore more of the park. Really cute decorations with a beach theme.

After the park opened and we did some browsing we did Muppet Vision 3D - always a favorite. When that was over it was time for our fast pass at Soarin. Walked right on! After that we went over and did the Sun Wheel. Then stopped for a some chicken strips and fries. With the package we are on we had a coupon good for priority seating at the Aladdin show at the Hyperion theatre so we went over there for the 12:30 show. Only problem was that the priority seating is only for the first 120 people at each show. When we showed it to the guy at the front he said it was no good but that was still plenty of space for the show so we went in. The lines were packed! Yikes. Don't know why but I decided to just double check with one of the girls further in at the line. Asked her nicely if the priority seating area was full and she said yes and suggested when we should come back to get it for the next show. I thanked her and asked what was the easiest way to get out, then walked away. Well we got sprinkled with some pixie dust. She came right after us and asked us our name. We told her and she then said "well since you have been my most pleasant guest today I'm going to let you in the VIP section!" We were among the first 20 people in the theatre and got seats 3rd row center (we bascially could sit wherever we wanted). So lesson learned - a smile, a thank you, and going with the flow can sometimes bring you some Disney magic! Poor girl must have really been chewed out by some others!

The Aladdin show is amazing. Definately the quality of a show you would see on the Magic or Wonder - maybe even moreso since they have some major flying effects! The show is about 45 minutes long and well worth the time to see it. We looked for the girl who seated us after the show but couldn't find her. We did see one of the other girls from that area and asked her to pass on our thanks!

The package we are on also included a coupon booklet and one of the coupons was 10% off a $50 or more purchase. Mark had found some DVD's he wanted in the Animation area so we bought those. When we were checking out the girl informed us that we could have also gotten 10% off by using our Disney Visa - we put that info to good use! Next up was to leave the park and head over to Downtown Disney. Hit World of Disney to pick up a few more things and used that Disney Visa discount.:) Since we knew Disneyland itself would be a zoo we decided to spend the afternoon at the movies. We had gotten a coupon good for $6.50 off a Narnia ticket in a DVD we had bought a couple of weeks ago. We brought it along and put it to good use. Amazing movie! The theatre here was really nice as well. Had another coupon that gave us a free small popcorn with the purchase of a large drink.

All in all a great day with lots of little savings and a big dose of Disney magic!

No going out tonight - we are beat!

cgcw
12-10-2005, 10:31 PM
dont chime in very often but heres a story maybe someone can relate to, dw works at the local mall and has become freindly with manager at disney/store, after members cruise 03 store manager heres what an awsome event it was, and is determined to go next time, store manager between 03 and 04 is transfered and we loose touch, after childrens place takes over she stopped working for new owners, after a short time she is brought back to the original store as manager, up comes members cruise 05, we report what a great time this trip was and that cruise 06 is 10-22, she is determined to go this time, 10-22 is their anniversary perfect, now comes the sad part when call in day is announced she cant believe her luck, they are on the three day disney cruise and saturday is castaway cay, how on earth can they call in,well i explain call in day is something that is hard to put into words, and i offer to help her out, she says husband and three sons going probably getiing two cabins, using points, i half offered to do the res for them and they could just transfer points, she decided not to take me up on my offer and has left all the info with good freind (not a dcv member) to do the res. now sun 12-4 they get off ship go to okw for a few days, call freind only to find out the freind got to ms all the way to booking cabins only to be short about 60 points for 06 use year ms offered to make 5th per on cash but freind thought if they used their credit card (manager didnt leave her credit card with freind) ms may cancel because they had identified themselves as disney manager. so manager calls ms 12-5 to be placed on wait list she asked me what chance she had, i told her i had read some folks did get on from wait list, just needed to share this story

WOW! I hope their waitlist comes through. I would be kicking myself for a long time with that choice.

cgcw
12-10-2005, 10:38 PM
Mark & Mary, it sounds like your having a great time! :cheer2:

Stitch#1
12-10-2005, 10:38 PM
Mark & Mary - Wow sounds like you guys had a heck of a day. Don't you just love when the magic just falls in your lap like that.
The Magic couldn't have happened to two nicer people!

Stitch#1
12-10-2005, 10:42 PM
Stacy- hi neighbor :wave:

Hey there neighbor!!
So where in Latham are you?
I'm off exit 9 of the Northway. Go east towards Mechanicville for 1 mile and that's where I am!

Are up a state worker like a mojority of the Capital Region? My husband and I both work on the state campus. He does audits and I do collections!

Garfield
12-10-2005, 10:47 PM
Back in the hotel room after another fun day.
All in all a great day with lots of little savings and a big dose of Disney magic!

Wow, sounds like another great day in Disney Paradise :sunny:

Love those Disney Updates guys :love:

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

#1Mouse
12-11-2005, 12:03 AM
Wow Diana congrats on those great seats :Pinkbounc

Mark, Mary, Cheryl & Todd - sounds like you guys are having a nice trip. We have never been to DL. Since Carol went, and called me a zillion times while she was there, she's talked me into wanting to see it. One day!

Carol & Cindy thanks for the vote of confidence on having the touch. I just watch way too much HGTV. John cringes when I say those magical words "I was thinking we could.......". My latest "I was thinking" turned into staining our natural finished oak bedroom furniture a dark cherry color. Actually, I couldn't get the color I wanted so he asked a client of his (who builds kitchen cabinets). His client took our furniture to his shop, sanded it down and stained it for us. It looks great! Well.....with the "new" furniture we had to paint the walls too :rotfl2: That is all finally done and the room looks completely different. Watching HGTV has given me the courgage to do decorating things that I would never have considered doing before. I do like helping others out - especially when I get to use their money!!!! :Pinkbounc

WDWLVR
12-11-2005, 06:51 AM
http://monorailgreen.info/member2006/SS2006.gif

Good morning Member Cruisers
- we sail in 45 weeks!

mrsdon
12-11-2005, 07:14 AM
Callmegrumpy
I hope the wait list comes through for yor friend.
Mark and Mary
Thanks for the live reports

Scratch42
12-11-2005, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the live reports Mark and Mary!

We will be there in 2 weeks! Can't Wait!

Thanks for the weather reports too!

That kind of COLD I can definately Handle! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

BTW, our meet yesterday was great!

Jacqui is so nice! It will be nice to have another familiar face on board!

Have A Disney Day Everybody!

janet

cgcw
12-11-2005, 08:59 AM

Janet that is so cool :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I find it amazing that the internet can be so big, yet so small at the same time. :)

4Gus-Gus&Figaro
12-11-2005, 10:30 AM
http://monorailgreen.info/member2006/SS2006.gif

Good morning Member Cruisers
- we sail in 45 weeks!

What a way to end a page!!!

Glad you guys are having a blast out in Cali....
Your trip has kicked Karen over the cliff and she is now planning our own trip to the "Land" - Can't wait.

MORNING ALL!

4Gus-Gus&Figaro
12-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Whoops - I forgot. This is really Curt, I cant get Karen logged off the laptop.

Diana - How did you break the board loose when you were inpersonating Bruce? Help

Diana Lyn
12-11-2005, 11:10 AM

Diana - How did you break the board loose when you were inpersonating Bruce? Help

I had to go into my intenet options and clear my temp internet files from there. I tried and tried and that was the only way I could get my own identiy back! :rotfl2:

Diana Lyn
12-11-2005, 11:12 AM

janet

That is so cool that you guys were able to meet!! Glad you had a great time! :rotfl:

Diana Lyn
12-11-2005, 11:12 AM
:crazy: :confused: :faint: :scared: :hyper2: :duck: :headache: :tilt: :earseek: :sad2: :laughing: :scared1: ::yes:: :upsidedow :eek: :hyper: :crazy2: :sick: :scratchin :worried: :sad:

:rotfl2: You're so funny Gary!

Diana Lyn
12-11-2005, 11:15 AM
Diana, congrats on the floor seats for my Birthday Buddy's concert. Billy Joel and I were born the same day-he's rich and talented-I'm definitely not rich and can't sing a note. But I'm going on the Member Cruise and he isn't :banana: :banana: :banana:

You are right, we're all going on the Member Cruise and that makes us all WAY cooler than Billy Joel! :cool1:

curtdennis
12-11-2005, 11:59 AM

I'M FREE!!! (or at least Karen says I'm a cheap date) :earboy2:

bcvprincesses
12-11-2005, 04:15 PM
Where is everyone today? We are having a very lazy day. Really doing nothing even though we have a ton of things to do. I guess you just need one of those days.

Curt I'm glad that you are free. :rotfl2: It must feel better to be youself.

I told my dd's that the cruise is 45 weeks from now and they said that is way tooooooo long to wait. It does seem like a long way off but I know that it will go fast.

gometros
12-11-2005, 04:36 PM
Ohanafamily,

There are Jews in Texas? :rotfl:

All kidding aside, we are also, but my last name throws people off. I get it all the time and it happened again last week at lunch. We got into talking about the Radio City Christmas Show and when asked if I had ever gone to one, I replied that it didn't interest me. Th eperson asking the question couldn't understand why Christmas didn't interest me, until I told her I was Jewish. The surpirsedl response was "You're Jewish, with a name like Canetti?" :rotfl2:

And talking about sects, I grew up in a predominantly Catholic/Jewish section of Queens. Until I got to college, I thought that if you weren't Jewish, you were Catholic. Little did I know.....

gometros
12-11-2005, 04:41 PM
CRUISE COMMENT

Oh have you guys seen the photos of the new couples spas on the Magic - very nice!!!

Are they on the DCL site?

gometros
12-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Finally caught up.

Amy - congratulations on becoming an aunt.

Cindy - our sympathies on you loss.

So are we still in the get acquainted stage? Is it too early to ask questions about the cruise? :)

For you guys that have been on the previous member cruises, what is a good night for Palo? The night at sea?

rsschneck
12-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Mark and Mary: Glad you are having a great time. With the 50th DL has been so crowded! When DD and I were in DL over veterans weekend I was astonished with the crowds! Friday we hit capacity by noon. It seemed like our Christmas trip 3 year's ago! Good piece of advice at least 1-2 dining reservations per day (they can always be cancelled), using fast passes whenever you can, taking lots of deep breaths when people walk in front of you! ;)

We are going back next month and hope the crowds have dissapeared after the holidays! ;)

BCVOwner2002
12-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Amy had good news today. I have bad news.

I've heard it say for every birth, there is a death. Tonight it's in my family.

My Mom sister, who the doctors told on Sunday she would have 6-10 weeks left, passed away early this evening.

I know I will always have very fond memories of her.

Cindy, so sorry to hear about your loss. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Annmarie :grouphug:

BCVOwner2002
12-11-2005, 05:19 PM

Wow! What great news! December has been a good month for you! Annmarie

curtdennis
12-11-2005, 07:13 PM
So are we still in the get acquainted stage? Is it too early to ask questions about the cruise? :)

For you guys that have been on the previous member cruises, what is a good night for Palo? The night at sea?

As much as I'd kill for that souffle I'm afraid that any night at Palo would be taking away from the Group... 2cents worth.

Eeyores#1Fan
12-11-2005, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=cgcw]Hi everyone. :wave: For those who don't know, my name is Cindy. I sailed on the SSMC05 and am very excited to be sailing again. :banana: :banana: In fact, we were able to book the same cabin as we had this year. Pretty cool. I think that was the biggest surprise to our DS11, that it was the same exact cabin. :cool1:

[QUOTE]

Hello everyone! I've been stopping by when I can since the last cruise but haven't had much time to post. There have been several life changing events since we got back from the cruise so I've been really busy. However seeing this post I'm very excited for all of you that got on the 2006 cruise. :Pinkbounc The 2005 cruise was a blast and I hate that I'm going to miss the 2006 cruise. Hopefully they will have another one in '07. Here's a happy dance for all the 2006 cruisers.... :banana: :banana: :banana:

Take care and I'll stop in every now and then.

cgcw
12-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Hello everyone! I've been stopping by when I can since the last cruise but haven't had much time to post. There have been several life changing events since we got back from the cruise so I've been really busy. However seeing this post I'm very excited for all of you that got on the 2006 cruise. :Pinkbounc The 2005 cruise was a blast and I hate that I'm going to miss the 2006 cruise. Hopefully they will have another one in '07. Here's a happy dance for all the 2006 cruisers.... :banana: :banana: :banana:

Take care and I'll stop in every now and then.

:wave: Hi, good to see you. :wave:

It was fun, we did run into each other often, didn't we. It really was strange how some of us were on the same routines, as large as the ship is. And, others, I don't recall meeting. :confused3 That's just incentive to cruise again on another DVC event! :cool1: Hopefully it will work out so there is another your able to join everyone on.

cgcw
12-11-2005, 08:37 PM
As much as I'd kill for that souffle I'm afraid that any night at Palo would be taking away from the Group... 2cents worth.

We haven't done Palo yet but that's exactly our thinking too. We wouldn't do the dinner, but brunch sounds wonderful. But, I'm afraid that if we book it something else will come up that we want to do at the same exact time.

Maybe, just maybe, DVC will tell us their plans ahead of time so it might make it easier to book some of these other things. :) :wizard:

Stitch#1
12-11-2005, 10:14 PM
Hey there gang!
I see it was a slow day on the boards today......thank goodness! :rotfl:

Well I just wanted to stop in real quick. We did the mall today (Crossgates, for those that know the place). We needed to get some new sleeping bags for winter camping. My cub scout den will be camping with the boy scout troop this coming weekend and needed to get some supplies.
We also hit the movie theater and saw The Chronicles of Narnia. Good movie!

I have some good news too. Another family that is in our scout pack are DVC'ers and they got on the cruise so now I have a second set of "prior" friends who will be first time cruisers. I'm so excited for them!

Oh well it's after 10pm, I'm off to bed. We have a real busy week ahead for us!
Nick has a long allergist appt. (redoing the prick test, as they call it), Christmas cards to be done, some final christmas shopping and pack for camping! phew!
TTFN!!

Scratch42
12-12-2005, 06:05 AM
We haven't done Palo yet but that's exactly our thinking too. We wouldn't do the dinner, but brunch sounds wonderful. But, I'm afraid that if we book it something else will come up that we want to do at the same exact time.

Maybe, just maybe, DVC will tell us their plans ahead of time so it might make it easier to book some of these other things. :) :wizard:

Food for Thought!

Wouldn't it be nice if they had a Palo Menu, including the Souffle! for one of our nights so the we could all experience it without missing out on any other events?!?!

Ok, I have Palo on the brain since I just finished booking it for our March Cruise!LOL

Have A Disney Day!

janet

WDWLVR
12-12-2005, 09:08 AM
Good morning everyone! Greetings from Disneyland. Here's our report on yesterday:

We really wanted to do Goofy's kitchen but when we went the other day they said the wait was 90 minutes long! :scared1: Except for our Blue Bayou lunch we really hadn't made any priority seatings. Well we went over yesterday right as they opened at 7 am and got right in! We love the character breakfasts. We saw Goofy (of course) and Chip and Donald and Pluto. Oh and the food was very very good as well. Since they call this a brunch they have much more food than just a breakfast buffet including desserts. The one our server recommended was French Toast Creme Brulee! It was wonderful!

After that it was off to the parks. The line to get into Disneyland was long, but moved pretty quick. We got to listen to the band as we were waiting which was a nice touch. First up was the Indiana Jones ride. This is a great ride. For those of you who have never done Disneyland the vehicles are like those on Dinosaur at AK. After that we went to Tomorrowland and did Buzz Lightyear. This is new out here and I like it better than at WDW. For one thing the guns are on a teather so you have more freedome (think of the guns from MIB in Universal if you have ever been there). Another nice touch is that at the end you can see your picture with your score on it. Best thing - you don't have to pay for it! You can e-mail to yourself for free! Nice!

Next up was the Autopia. I've never done it at WDW and it has been years and years since I've done it here but we did it. They even give you a cute little drivers liscense. There must have also been some major pin release yesterday as we passed a long line of people waiting outside one of the gift shops. :) I'm sure if I check eBay this morning I could find out what it was!

By now it was close to mid-day and it was getting to be wall to wall people and long lines everywhere. I had read over on the Disneyland board that they had closed the park on Saturday and I was afraid they would do the same today. We took this time to do our shopping on Main Street and then went over and viewed the 50 years of Disneyland display and movie on Main Steet. Sadly this was very easy to get into and about only 15 people in the movie. I say sadly because here is all this history (photos, copies of the e-tickets, mock-ups of what the rides were to be, etc.) and no one really coming to look at it. Their loss.

After that we made a stop at City Hall to ask about getting back in if we leave and also about where to see the parade tonight (we have tickets for a preferred viewing spot). Basically told if we leave we may or may not get back in. However we know that if we try to stay we'll be beat long before the parade so we chance it.

We stop at ESPN club in Downtown Disney for a late lunch and then back to our hotel for a nice rest. We headed back to Disneyland via the monorail about 5:00. Got to see some of the 5:15 parade from the monorail. We made our way over to Small World which is where the viewing location is. Found the area and basically just settled in there. There were still massive crowds especially the line for Small World. So we staked out our spot for the parade and waited. Funny this is we were right behind these ropes and mark was staing up (I was sitting a show ways away). Tons of people kept coming up and asking him questions (what time is the parade, how do they get to Small World, etc.). We had on our DVC jackets, our lanyards (from Epocot's Candlelight Processional), and our GOH badges. People thought he worked there!

Small World at night is amazing. Hard to describe to anyone who hasn't been here but the outside facade is all gold and white but lit up in colors at night. On the quarter hour it does the routine where the dolls come out and do thier little march and then clock opens up to tell the time. Well now after that happens the whole thing goes dark and then a light show begins where they put images on the front of the facade. Marching soldiers, candy, etc. all themed to music. This lasts about 2 minutes and then the lights come back on again. The first time I saw it my jaw just hung open. We love Lights of Winter at Epcot and this is just as amazing!

Next up is the parade. Very few people in our special area so we didn't have to sit or anything. One side note - there was an area next to us that was even more special. They got seats, hot chocolate in mugs and rice krispie stars. We found out they are from the holiday tour and also got to ride Small World and Haunted Mansion without a wait. Something to remember for next time. Back to the parade - my favorites the wooden soldiers were right up front. Love them! Then all the usuals: Mickey, Minnie, the Princsses, Chip and Dale, Buzz and Woody, and of course Santa Claus!

All too soon it over and we start heading for Main Steet to watch the fireworks. OMG it is wall to wall people! We decide to not spend another hour standing around so we head for the exit. Then we see that no one is sitting up in the train station. When we get to the top we find out why - the benchs are marked off as reserved. We are about to leave and one of the conductors asked if we were waiting for the parade. We tell him yes. He said the view is better in front of the tree (very true the tree is huge and blocks most of the castle view) however are feet are tired and we just wanted to sit. He says wait a minute and let me check on something. I guess they put up the reserved signs every night but don't need them every night. Sure enough he takes them down and we spend a nice hour on the bench people watching. The fireworks are even more amazing then when we saw them the other nice from the balcony at Fantasmic. Lots of lighting on the castle (we can see about 1/4 of it past the tree).

After this it is back to the room. We never did have dinner and it is too late now (it is past 10 pm) but we are chilled so order soup and tea from room service. After that is off for a good nights sleep.

This morning we are meeting Todd and Cheryl for breakfast and then out to enjoy our last day here at the resort!

Have a great day everyone!

bcvprincesses
12-12-2005, 09:09 AM
We did go to Palo for dinner and brunch and had a great time. The food and the service was great. Loved the souffle. I could eat that every night. I have heard other people say that they have ordered it in the dinning rooms. Is that true? Is there anyway to get it if we don't go to Palo's this time?

It was really strange how you could run into some people over and over again on the ship and some people you never saw. We even ran into Julie at the southernmost point on Key West.

iluvdisney
12-12-2005, 09:15 AM
Mary and Mark - thanks for sharing your trip with us - wish I could have made it out there this year - hopefully next year! :wave:

Scratch42
12-12-2005, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the Report!

We are doing the Holiday Tour On Christmas Day! I'll let you know how it is!

janet

Garfield
12-12-2005, 09:27 AM
Thank you Mark and Mary for e-sharing your DisneyLand adventures ::yes::

It's a great way of warming up our cold :cold: morning

Have a great Disney Day !!! :sunny:

chipscinderelly
12-12-2005, 10:09 AM
Are they on the DCL site?

No I found them here on the DIS - let me see if I can find the thread again.

chipscinderelly
12-12-2005, 10:11 AM

Sandy - we went to Palo last year on the 3rd night of the cruise which ended up being the Coronation night. It worked for us, but honestly we felt like we missed out a bit due to the DVC events. We are not planning to go to Palo for dinner this cruise - if there is a brunch I am going to try to do that.

chipscinderelly
12-12-2005, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the Report!

janet

Janet - that sounds so exciting! Will you share photos of it if you can?

bcvprincesses
12-12-2005, 11:19 AM
I just had to share my excitement with people who will undersand. We are going to Disney Jan 19 for my dd's gymnastics meet. Well today the schedule finally came out. Now I can really plan. My girls will be disappointed because we have to cancel Chef Mickeys with their coaches. They will still be at the meet. My girls thought the coaches twins who are 8 weeks old should see Mickey ::MickeyMo , so we planned dinner together. Now we will have to see if they can go on Friday night if we can get PS. I am off to plan the rest of the week. :banana:

Scratch42
12-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Janet - that sounds so exciting! Will you share photos of it if you can?

Definately!

I will have DD as backup photographer, 'cause I'm the one usually who is busy enjoying the sites and forget to take the pictures! :rotfl: :rotfl:

janet

gometros
12-12-2005, 01:33 PM
:

They have brunch on the 4-day now or is that special for the member cruise?

gometros
12-12-2005, 01:40 PM
I really have to go and read those trip reports from the past member cruises. Even with 5 cruises under my belt, it sounds like I have no idea what's in store for us. When someone suggests passing up Palo pf all places, this must be a real special cruise.

And to answer the question about ordering the souffle in the refular restaurants, while it's not encouraged, it can be done. We got souffles for our kids one, since they didn't join us for dinner at Palo (two were of age, but we didn't want to leave out the youngest, so none of them joined us at Palo).

#1Mouse
12-12-2005, 01:52 PM
After 4 DCL cruises we have yet to try Palo. Two of those cruises were Member Cruises and the other two were with other family memebers. I guess our only reason is we are afraid we will miss out on something during the regular dining. Maybe we should just double dip one night :earseek: I would really like to try the souffle, but if I requested it for the regular dining room that means I would have to give up my creme brulee - Oh, the decisions!

Scratch42
12-12-2005, 01:54 PM
They have brunch on the 4-day now or is that special for the member cruise?

Yes, they have Brunch on the 4-day. I know 'cause I just booked this this morning for our upcoming 4-day in March! :rotfl: Oh, it's also on the Sea day!

Times available 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, 11:30, 12:00 and 12:30. The only reason why I remember this is 'cause I was having problems booking it this morning and kept trying every time slot! :rotfl: :rotfl:

janet

gometros
12-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Yes, they have Brunch on the 4-day. I know 'cause I just booked this this morning for our upcoming 4-day in March! :rotfl: Oh, it's also on the Sea day!

Times available 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, 11:30, 12:00 and 12:30. The only reason why I remember this is 'cause I was having problems booking it this morning and kept trying every time slot! :rotfl: :rotfl:

janet

You just solved my Palo problem. Thanks!

Scratch42
12-12-2005, 03:02 PM
You're Welcome!

janet

Diana Lyn
12-12-2005, 03:09 PM
I just had to share my excitement with people who will undersand. We are going to Disney Jan 19 for my dd's gymnastics meet. Well today the schedule finally came out. Now I can really plan. My girls will be disappointed because we have to cancel Chef Mickeys with their coaches. They will still be at the meet. My girls thought the coaches twins who are 8 weeks old should see Mickey ::MickeyMo , so we planned dinner together. Now we will have to see if they can go on Friday night if we can get PS. I am off to plan the rest of the week. :banana:

That is exciting!! Good luck planning, that's my favorite part!! I wish we were going back sometime in the near future!

Diana Lyn
12-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the Report!

janet

That sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to hear more about it!!

Diana Lyn
12-12-2005, 03:11 PM
Good morning everyone! Greetings from Disneyland. Here's our report on yesterday:

We really wanted to do Goofy's kitchen but when we went the other day they said the wait was 90 minutes long! :scared1: Except for our Blue Bayou lunch we really hadn't made any priority seatings. Well we went over yesterday right as they opened at 7 am and got right in! We love the character breakfasts. We saw Goofy (of course) and Chip and Donald and Pluto. Oh and the food was very very good as well. Since they call this a brunch they have much more food than just a breakfast buffet including desserts. The one our server recommended was French Toast Creme Brulee! It was wonderful!

After that it was off to the parks. The line to get into Disneyland was long, but moved pretty quick. We got to listen to the band as we were waiting which was a nice touch. First up was the Indiana Jones ride. This is a great ride. For those of you who have never done Disneyland the vehicles are like those on Dinosaur at AK. After that we went to Tomorrowland and did Buzz Lightyear. This is new out here and I like it better than at WDW. For one thing the guns are on a teather so you have more freedome (think of the guns from MIB in Universal if you have ever been there). Another nice touch is that at the end you can see your picture with your score on it. Best thing - you don't have to pay for it! You can e-mail to yourself for free! Nice!

Next up was the Autopia. I've never done it at WDW and it has been years and years since I've done it here but we did it. They even give you a cute little drivers liscense. There must have also been some major pin release yesterday as we passed a long line of people waiting outside one of the gift shops. :) I'm sure if I check eBay this morning I could find out what it was!

By now it was close to mid-day and it was getting to be wall to wall people and long lines everywhere. I had read over on the Disneyland board that they had closed the park on Saturday and I was afraid they would do the same today. We took this time to do our shopping on Main Street and then went over and viewed the 50 years of Disneyland display and movie on Main Steet. Sadly this was very easy to get into and about only 15 people in the movie. I say sadly because here is all this history (photos, copies of the e-tickets, mock-ups of what the rides were to be, etc.) and no one really coming to look at it. Their loss.

After that we made a stop at City Hall to ask about getting back in if we leave and also about where to see the parade tonight (we have tickets for a preferred viewing spot). Basically told if we leave we may or may not get back in. However we know that if we try to stay we'll be beat long before the parade so we chance it.

We stop at ESPN club in Downtown Disney for a late lunch and then back to our hotel for a nice rest. We headed back to Disneyland via the monorail about 5:00. Got to see some of the 5:15 parade from the monorail. We made our way over to Small World which is where the viewing location is. Found the area and basically just settled in there. There were still massive crowds especially the line for Small World. So we staked out our spot for the parade and waited. Funny this is we were right behind these ropes and mark was staing up (I was sitting a show ways away). Tons of people kept coming up and asking him questions (what time is the parade, how do they get to Small World, etc.). We had on our DVC jackets, our lanyards (from Epocot's Candlelight Processional), and our GOH badges. People thought he worked there!

Small World at night is amazing. Hard to describe to anyone who hasn't been here but the outside facade is all gold and white but lit up in colors at night. On the quarter hour it does the routine where the dolls come out and do thier little march and then clock opens up to tell the time. Well now after that happens the whole thing goes dark and then a light show begins where they put images on the front of the facade. Marching soldiers, candy, etc. all themed to music. This lasts about 2 minutes and then the lights come back on again. The first time I saw it my jaw just hung open. We love Lights of Winter at Epcot and this is just as amazing!

Next up is the parade. Very few people in our special area so we didn't have to sit or anything. One side note - there was an area next to us that was even more special. They got seats, hot chocolate in mugs and rice krispie stars. We found out they are from the holiday tour and also got to ride Small World and Haunted Mansion without a wait. Something to remember for next time. Back to the parade - my favorites the wooden soldiers were right up front. Love them! Then all the usuals: Mickey, Minnie, the Princsses, Chip and Dale, Buzz and Woody, and of course Santa Claus!

All too soon it over and we start heading for Main Steet to watch the fireworks. OMG it is wall to wall people! We decide to not spend another hour standing around so we head for the exit. Then we see that no one is sitting up in the train station. When we get to the top we find out why - the benchs are marked off as reserved. We are about to leave and one of the conductors asked if we were waiting for the parade. We tell him yes. He said the view is better in front of the tree (very true the tree is huge and blocks most of the castle view) however are feet are tired and we just wanted to sit. He says wait a minute and let me check on something. I guess they put up the reserved signs every night but don't need them every night. Sure enough he takes them down and we spend a nice hour on the bench people watching. The fireworks are even more amazing then when we saw them the other nice from the balcony at Fantasmic. Lots of lighting on the castle (we can see about 1/4 of it past the tree).

After this it is back to the room. We never did have dinner and it is too late now (it is past 10 pm) but we are chilled so order soup and tea from room service. After that is off for a good nights sleep.

This morning we are meeting Todd and Cheryl for breakfast and then out to enjoy our last day here at the resort!

Sounds like you guys are having an awesome trip!

cgcw
12-12-2005, 05:07 PM
Mark & Mary, sounds like you are having a wonderful time. :cheer2:

Gosh, everyone must be busy with the holiday's coming up. It's been awfully quiet here.

That's what we did today. Both Gary & I had the day off. We planned to have Cameron go off to school, take Walker to school and then hit the stores to finish our shopping. It never fails -- the best laid plans are always subject to change.

Saturday night, Cameron started showing signs of pink eye. No problem -- I have the drops. Except they didn't work. Much to Cameron's displeasure, I put drops into his eyes every 3 hours as the directions said, but no change in the bright red color. Went to bed last night and I was hoping he'd wake up with much improvement this AM. No such luck.

I called the school -- I was on the fence about sending him because I knew if they looked at his eye, they would only send him home. The nurse said as long as there was no drainage and he had been on the drops, he would be fine. Then Cameron told me about all the gunk he cleaned off his eye this morning. So, Cameron stayed home from school.

So, the three of us took Walker to school who surprisingly went willingly since his brother was out for the day -- it couldn't be that I mentioned Cameron was going to have to have his eye roto-routered this AM :earseek: .

So, the three of us went off shopping and out to lunch. So much for Gary & my first "date" since the kids were born. I do have to say it was odd to not have Walker with us.

Still waiting for the pharmacy to fill Cameron's prescription. Some type of hang up there -- I think they forgot to call it in or something when we stopped in at 2. Still not ready at 3, I called the doctor back who re-phoned it in. Just talked to the pharmacy 5 minutes ago -- still an hour wait. :rolleyes:

I think we need to find a new pharmacy. :idea: Last time Walker & I went through the drive thru to just pick up a prescripton, it took 20 minutes for them to figure out what they were doing.

So, shopping for Walker is all done. Cameron is going to have to be snuck in here and there. I'm running out of time and don't have many times available to sneak out and get it done. It will work out.....it always does. :)

#1Mouse
12-12-2005, 05:54 PM
AHH, the joys of the Holidays! First time ever - my shopping is done, gifts are wrapped and we have already had our Christmas Celebrations with my brother, his family and 2 of my sisters and their families. Yesterday we did Christmas with John's family. Nothing like planning a vacation over Christmas to make you get everything done early!

Tomorrow is exchange day, 2 outfits and a coat have to go back for Deanna. At least the exchange lines should be a bit shorter :rotfl:

Hope Cameron's eye is better soon.

mrsdon
12-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Sorry to hear about Camerons eye.
Poor thing.
This is the 1st Christmas in 7 that I have not worked 2 jobs.
It should be a less stressful time, but DH's new job is so time consuming.
He doesnt get hoem until almost 7 every night.
By the time we are done eating its 730-745.
Mall closes at 9.
But this is the 1st year I was able to send Cristmas cards.

mrsdon
12-12-2005, 06:53 PM
Mary

Thanks for the live TR's
How awesome that you were able to sit up by the train station.
And Small World is one of my favorite rides, so to see it at DL this time of year has beocme a goal of mine.

cherylp3
12-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Sat: Trip report : Todd's aunt and uncle picked us up at the hotel. Took us to the beach in Santa Monica then to a restaurant called Duke's that also has another restaurant in Hawaii. Excellent. Then they took us to the sunset strip and Grauman's theater then back to the hotel.

Sunday: I met an online friend from an online game that I play. We went all around disney land. Enjoyed Indy and Got super soaked on splash! We split off from them around 8, spent some time in downtown and then back to hotel that is by LAX.

Today was an early morning. Met up with Mark and Mary, Went to story tellers, was great! Went on Pinochio and Snow White while we waiting for Todd. Then storybook and small world and then took some pictures of chip and dale's house in Toontown and then took the train to the front then to California adventure.

Then to muppets and golden california. I played midway games while waiting for Todd and Mary on the coaster. Then shopped while waiting for them on the zephr. Then we went to check Jungle cruise, it was closed. My stomach was upset so we said so long to Mark and Mary and drove back to LAX. Todd is napping so i think that was a good call.

Hopefully I can find something for tonight close by.

-Cheryl

MarkRG
12-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Greetings all - back at the hotel after our last day in the parks.

Started the day with breakfast at Storytellers at the Grand Californian. We've now done all three character breakfasts at the hotels and loved them all! This time with Cheryl and Todd.

It was early entry day so we headed over to Disneyland. Did the Matterhorn, Alice, Pinnochio, Snow White all before the park opened to most people. We then did Storybook Gardens, Small World and visited Toon Town. By now California Adventure was open so we took the train over to Main Street and headed out of the park.

A quick stop in the plaza to check out my friend Stacey's brick!

Todd and Cheryl had not been to California Adventure so we showed them around a bit. We did Muppets and the movie California Dreams. Then headed over to the pier area. Todd wanted to do California Screaming so he and I did that while Cheryl played some boardwalk games and Mark just chilled out. The parks are a lot less crowded today so we pretty much walked on to Screaming and also to the Golden Zephyr.

After that it was back to Disneyland to see if the Jungle Cruise had opened. It had but was closed again.

At this point we parted ways with Cheryl and Todd. They were headed out and we headed over to the Plaza Resturant for lunch. The homestyle fried chicken and mashed potatoes were just as good as we remembered. We love this place. After that we walked around Tomorrowland for a bit and then took the monorail back to the hotel.

Just chilled the rest of the afternoon. Both taking a nap. Something so relaxing to laying down with the window open and the sound of the waterfalls in front of the Bonita tower coming in.

Tonight we'll most likely just hang in the room and do our packing. Early day tomorrow as we have an 8 am flight home. We'll be back in Chicago early tomorrow afternoon.

It has been a great trip. So glad we made it out to celebrate the 50th!

edited to add - this was Mary not Mark - opps!

WDWLVR
12-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Cindy - sorry to hear about Cameron's eye. Hope it is feeling better soon. Even more sorry that you and Gary didn't get time for some couple time.

Diana Lyn
12-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Greetings all - back at the hotel after our last day in the parks.

Started the day with breakfast at Storytellers at the Grand Californian. We've now done all three character breakfasts at the hotels and loved them all! This time with Cheryl and Todd.

It was early entry day so we headed over to Disneyland. Did the Matterhorn, Alice, Pinnochio, Snow White all before the park opened to most people. We then did Storybook Gardens, Small World and visited Toon Town. By now California Adventure was open so we took the train over to Main Street and headed out of the park.

A quick stop in the plaza to check out my friend Stacey's brick!

Todd and Cheryl had not been to California Adventure so we showed them around a bit. We did Muppets and the movie California Dreams. Then headed over to the pier area. Todd wanted to do California Screaming so he and I did that while Cheryl played some boardwalk games and Mark just chilled out. The parks are a lot less crowded today so we pretty much walked on to Screaming and also to the Golden Zephyr.

After that it was back to Disneyland to see if the Jungle Cruise had opened. It had but was closed again.

At this point we parted ways with Cheryl and Todd. They were headed out and we headed over to the Plaza Resturant for lunch. The homestyle fried chicken and mashed potatoes were just as good as we remembered. We love this place. After that we walked around Tomorrowland for a bit and then took the monorail back to the hotel.

Just chilled the rest of the afternoon. Both taking a nap. Something so relaxing to laying down with the window open and the sound of the waterfalls in front of the Bonita tower coming in.

Tonight we'll most likely just hang in the room and do our packing. Early day tomorrow as we have an 8 am flight home. We'll be back in Chicago early tomorrow afternoon.

It has been a great trip. So glad we made it out to celebrate the 50th!

edited to add - this was Mary not Mark - opps!

Sounds like you guys and Cheryl and Todd had a great trip! Safe travels home! :wizard:

sanddune
12-12-2005, 08:27 PM
Congrats on the new baby boyin the family !! :bounce: :bounce:
Cindy sorry to hear about your Aunt. :grouphug:
Mark, Mary ,Cheryl and Todd glad you had a grat trip. :banana: :banana:
Diana way to go! :cool1: :cool1:
Thanks for all the best wishes for my son. :love:
Now ,I think I'm up to speed.

Stitch#1
12-12-2005, 08:37 PM
Mark, Mary, Cheryl, & Todd - Thanks for the trip reports. I'm taking a mini vacation vicariously thru your trip reports!!! Can't wait to take a trip to "Where it all began" it will be like a pilgrimage! :rotfl2:

Cindy - Poor Cameron! Hope he feels better soon.

Jeff and I left work at noon today to go shopping. Got some stuff for ourselves and did some returns, picked up more stamps (for my x-mas cards which I still need to get done and mail) and went to Friendlys for ice cream. Nick is sleeping at Mom & Dad's tonight so it's nice and quiet in the house.

You guys made my mouth water talking about Soufles and Creme Brulee. I got and email from the Dolphin & Swan with a recipe for Eggnog Créme Brûlée with Cranberry Orange Compote and Irish Sauce ! :hyper:
Here is the link!
http://www.swandolphin.com/recipeclub/1205.html

Kerlynne
12-12-2005, 09:41 PM
:cool1: Hey cruisers we got our confirmed reservation telling us how many points that were committed for the "Member Getaway Program" :bitelip:
Makes it feel little more offical, doesn't?! <yeah> :cheer2:

Scratch42
12-13-2005, 06:13 AM
Cindy, sorry about Cameron's eye! :wizard: :wizard:

Mary thanks for the suggestion of the Fried Chicken at the Plaza! DD loves fried chicken and is always leary until she knows of someone who has tried it!

Have to make another PS!

Stay Warm too! It's like -19 with the Wind Chill! Can't wait for that California Cold of 75! :rotfl: :rotfl:

janet

cgcw
12-13-2005, 07:37 AM
Stay Warm too! It's like -19 with the Wind Chill! Can't wait for that California Cold of 75! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yikes, Janet, that's cold. :cold: :cold: :cold:

I won't complain about our high of 30 today. To you, that would be a heat wave.

Stay warm. :cold: :cold: :cold:

Diana Lyn
12-13-2005, 07:41 AM
:cool1: Hey cruisers we got our confirmed reservation telling us how many points that were committed for the "Member Getaway Program" :bitelip:
Makes it feel little more offical, doesn't?! <yeah> :cheer2:

We got ours too and I thought the same thing....now it's really official! :cool1:

It's 5 degrees here. :cold: I think tonight's low is going to be below zero. I SO ready to move to FL and this is our first really cold day! What stinks is this is the only day I can get to the mall to get the couple of things I need to finish everything up....so I have to outside. :cold:

4greatboys
12-13-2005, 09:03 AM
We got ours too!

RRBB
12-13-2005, 09:10 AM
Wow, it's been a crazy couple of days around here and I haven't had time to check in or catch up. But I have to share, yesterday was Ian's first birthday and I took him to get his 1-year portrait.

http://www.ianapb.com/Photos/513028459_02-M.jpg

And here are a couple other poses.
http://www.ianapb.com/Photos/513028459_09-M.jpg http://www.ianapb.com/Photos/513028459_24-M.jpg

Okay, now I've gotta run. He has his 1-year checkup and shots this morning...

Diana Lyn
12-13-2005, 09:21 AM
Happy Birthday Ian!!!

Love the pictures! Where did you get them done. I've never seen those blocks before. Like I'm sort of picture expert and know all the props at all the studios. :rotfl:

Scratch42
12-13-2005, 09:33 AM
Happy Birthday Ian!

What Cute Pictures!

janet

Scratch42
12-13-2005, 09:34 AM
Yikes, Janet, that's cold. :cold: :cold: :cold:

I won't complain about our high of 30 today. To you, that would be a heat wave.

Stay warm. :cold: :cold: :cold:

Yes that would Be! :rotfl: :rotfl:

At least it is sunny! :sunny: But it's that cold where you breathe thru your nose and your nostrils stick together! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Sorry, I know WTMI!

janet

ohanafamily
12-13-2005, 09:52 AM
Ohanafamily,

There are Jews in Texas? :rotfl:

All kidding aside, we are also, but my last name throws people off. I get it all the time and it happened again last week at lunch. We got into talking about the Radio City Christmas Show and when asked if I had ever gone to one, I replied that it didn't interest me. Th eperson asking the question couldn't understand why Christmas didn't interest me, until I told her I was Jewish. The surpirsedl response was "You're Jewish, with a name like Canetti?" :rotfl2:

And talking about sects, I grew up in a predominantly Catholic/Jewish section of Queens. Until I got to college, I thought that if you weren't Jewish, you were Catholic. Little did I know.....
OK, I shouldn't admit this, but when I turned 40, I heard the Rockets were going to be here and I wanted to see them. DW rolled her eyes and we went to go see them. I didn't realize until too late that it was the X-mas show. I really did enjoy it, but my brothers refused to go... Oh Well, I guess working retail I gained an apreciation for the music (and the "Eye-HIgh" kicks)...

WDWLVR
12-13-2005, 10:03 AM
Good morning everyone from John Wayne airport. We are checked in, through security and sitting at the gate. Plane just landed. We'll be boarding in about 1/2 hour. Should be home early this afternoon.

Happy Birthday Ian! :cake:

ohanafamily
12-13-2005, 10:06 AM
Hey all,Reading those trip reports makes me wish I was in California...

Ian's birthday was actually yesterday (12/12) and we got the pictures taken in the Babies-r-us at Kiddie Kandids... They do a great job...

We actually go a Palo's Souffle at another restaraunt... I forget which one; We asked the waitress about the Souffle, and she told us "No Problem"... Yummie!!!!!

See you all around...

cgcw
12-13-2005, 10:11 AM
:cheer2: :cheer2: Happy Birthday, Ian!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

:cake: :cake: :bday: :bday: :cake: :cake:

cherylp3
12-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Happy Birthday to Ian! Todd and I are still in CA, today we're planning on visiting the wb studios and then a tour.

I'll check in later if I can.

KarenNY
12-13-2005, 10:35 AM
Ian-Happy Belated Birthday
Mary and Mark-Safe travel today
It's a balmy 12 degrees up here this morning :wave:

chipscinderelly
12-13-2005, 11:00 AM
Happy Birthday Ian! Love the photos - he's so adorable!

cgcw
12-13-2005, 02:14 PM
I just came back from Cameron's Geography Bee at school. Only 10 children passed the qualifying pre-test to be in the bee. Hearing the questions, I know I couldn't have answered 1/2 of them. Those are some smart kids. :cheer2:

Cameron was eliminated in the 4th round -- answered incorrectly as to which state Jacksonville was in.......if they had asked about WDW, I know he would have gotten it right :teeth: but he answered Georgia.

Walking out of there, I thought, gosh, it was tough and next year if Cameron passes the pre-qualifying test, we will help him study. I could tell he was very nervous.

I hope the statement made by the teacher running the event sinks in to the other kids. Peer pressure is so terrible sometimes. The teacher, to his credit, told all the other kids in the audience to remember, they may like to snicker and make fun of the "losers" of the bee, but keep in mind, that the "loser" have already proven they are smarter than the rest of the kids -- at least in geography. I hope Cameron heard/remembers that if anyone gives him a hard time.

Now he's going to be on my mind the rest of the day, worrying about how the rest of the day goes and how he feels about all of this. We'll pick him up at 3 for band practice -- only a couple of hours. :moped:

cgcw
12-13-2005, 02:30 PM
Okay, are we the only ones with bad luck when it comes to debit cards attached to checking accounts?

The bank called, Gary's debit card has been compromised. A merchant kept the information too long, or something like that, between August - October and now the bank considers it compromised.

I went through this same thing about a month ago with my debit card.

Gary went through it earlier this year when a lot of other cards were compromised as a result of whatever happened in Texas or Florida with card information being hacked.

I went through it about 2 years ago using my debit card at an ATM to get cash. Turned out my transaction didn't go through because someone was taking my information off the black strip at the mall.

I guess the good news is that not once has anyone been able to get any money out of our checking account. :cheer2:

But I have to say, this is a bit annoying and a hassle. Everytime, the bank has to close and reissue the card with a new number. It takes about 2 weeks for that to get done. Being we live in a cashless world in our house, this really gets to be inconvenient.

I guess I'll be stopping at the bank for "real" money tonight. :rolleyes:

chipscinderelly
12-13-2005, 02:57 PM
Cindy - be sure to tell Cameron how excited we are for him that he made it through the pre test and how we look forward to his geography lessons next year!

I can't believe your bank card keeps getting compromised - how awful! I know a few bank branches are able to issue cards on the spot, or they did in the past, so maybe ask the bank about other options? We live cash free also and it is a pain when the banks go down or there is not an atm of a bank that doesn't charge a gazillion $$$ to get my money.

WDWLVR
12-13-2005, 04:41 PM
We're home! Had a great flight - even got in about 20 minutes early. Picked up at the airport by my in-laws. When we got home we headed right back out to go grocery shopping. Now we are home and settled. Had a great time at Disneyland! I highly recommend it to any Disney fan. Mark will most likely post some picutres later.

Cindy - tell Cameron congratulations on getting into the "bee". Also sorry to hear about your debit card problems. Yuck!

#1Mouse
12-13-2005, 05:08 PM
Welcome Home Mark & Mary! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Congrats to Cameron for getting into the Geography Bee. :Pinkbounc

mrsdon
12-13-2005, 06:18 PM
Happy Birthday Ian.
Gosh he is a cutie

mrsdon
12-13-2005, 06:21 PM
Sorry to hear about the issues with the debit card
My DH had his truck borken into and they stole his cc wallet.
What a nightnare.
In the one short hour betwen break in and finding out about it, the jerks managed to charge almost $200 to our gas card.

scrappy910
12-13-2005, 06:37 PM
Welcome back Mark and Mary. Loved reading your reports and look forward to the pictures. It all brought back our memories from DL when we went this past August. We were in awe of being there and I would love to go back. (Hey, Gail maybe that should be our next girls trip).

Cindy, sorry to hear about the problems with your debit card. I have a debit card and have never used it (I know my kids tell me to get with the times). I had my wallet and checkbook stolen a few years ago. There was actually more problems with my checks being used then my credit cards. It was such a pain to get letters in the mail from retailers (mainly Wal-mart) telling me my check had been returned and wanting me to make good on it. Had to send them my police report and other paper work I had to show I did not write the checks. Like I said Wal-mart was the biggest pain, they kept accepting the checks even though it was recorded through their check scan system as a closed account. Cashiers were just overriding the code on their register. There were several checks written to Wal-mart for $800. and more. Maybe that is why I still try to avoid Wal-mart - stupid cashiers.

SueC1216
12-13-2005, 07:00 PM
Hi Everyone!

I posted about 150 pages back. It is amazing how much you miss when you go on vacation. Just wanted to let everyone know that we are going on the cruise :cheer2: :cheer2: We were calling from the Yacht Club. Never got thru on the 800#. My DH was dialing on his cell phone and my cell phone and about 10:00 we got thru. Got my first choice of cabin. We are so excited. We have never cruised before. What better way to start! So we just got back from Disney and I can't believe how many pages have been added. Still have not had time to read them all but I will. We are looking forward to meeting everyone! And thanks for the tip about calling the 407 number. That's what got us in.

bcvprincesses
12-13-2005, 08:33 PM
Mark, Mary and SueC welcome back.

Cindy that is just horrible about your card. I would be going nuts. Congrats to Cameron on the Bee. He did such a great job.

We just got our monthly member e-mail and guess where we are going to be on Jan 26.....at AK riding EE. :banana: I can't wait. That was actually the day we had planned for AK. Does anyone else want to meet there? My dd's don't want to ride it so we will probably take turns. Friends from the gym are going home on the 25 and she is so mad. She really wanted to ride it. I wonder if there will be soft openings before?

BCVOwner2002
12-13-2005, 08:34 PM
Catching up on posts . . .

Happy Birthday Ian!

Way to go Cameron!

Glad you're joining us on SSMC06 SueC1216!

Welcome home Mark and Mary! We've been talking about going to Disneyland - perhaps next year.

Annmarie

alikat99
12-13-2005, 08:56 PM
Mark, Mary and SueC welcome back.

Cindy that is just horrible about your card. I would be going nuts. Congrats to Cameron on the Bee. He did such a great job.

We just got our monthly member e-mail and guess where we are going to be on Jan 26.....at AK riding EE. :banana: I can't wait. That was actually the day we had planned for AK. Does anyone else want to meet there? My dd's don't want to ride it so we will probably take turns. Friends from the gym are going home on the 25 and she is so mad. She really wanted to ride it. I wonder if there will be soft openings before?
Hey, I don't know if we'll be able to be at AK on the 26th, but maybe we can try. I just saw that it was open for DVC members. I can't wait to give it a try.

rsschneck
12-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Welcome Home Mark and Mary! Glad you had a good time! DH was able to get the Balcony seating for Fantasmic on January 13th at DL. This is my Birthday Present from him! I am so excited! :cheer2:

Stitch#1
12-13-2005, 10:11 PM
Hey there!
Well I'm here in NY freezing along side Diana & Karen.
I really don't like winter. :cold:

Nick had his allergist appt today and they did the prick test. 80 sticks & pricks later and he actually had some reactions. Looks like he is allergic to Mold, dust mites & feathers.

Mark & Mary - "Welcome Home" :wave2: Glad you had a good trip. I can't wait to see your pictures!

Cindy - Yea Cameron! I think a geography bee is pretty cool. Nicks school doesn't have that. Yikes about your credit/debit cards. I think you are jinxed or something :confused3

Happy Birthday Ian!!! :cheer2: :cake:

Good news. I finally found myself a new winter jacket (just in time) and My christmas cards are done and will be in tomorrows mail. Now I just have to keep an eye on the weather and see if Nick & Jeff will still be doing winter camping with the boy scouts this weekend!?

#1Mouse
12-13-2005, 10:33 PM
Maybe that is why I still try to avoid Wal-mart - stupid cashiers.

You and Amy can compare Wal-Mart horror stories! Then again if Carol and Amy aren't behaving we can always make them go to Wal-Mart. :rotfl2:

We are suppose to leave Thursday (driving) and I hear that we are getting that ice storm. Hopefully, it will be cleared before we leave. Does anyone know how far south the ice is suppose to reach? Driving in Michigan in ice storms doesn't bother me half as much as driving in states south of Ohio during these type of storms. Ice or no ice I will be doing my best to get myself to WDW :moped:

WDWLVR
12-13-2005, 10:53 PM
Welcome Home Mark and Mary! Glad you had a good time! DH was able to get the Balcony seating for Fantasmic on January 13th at DL. This is my Birthday Present from him! I am so excited! :cheer2:

You are going to love it! Just saw and answered your post over on the Disneyland forum.

rsschneck
12-13-2005, 11:01 PM
I read your reply! Thanks! I am excited!

I just sent you a PM

Roxann

alikat99
12-13-2005, 11:02 PM
You and Amy can compare Wal-Mart horror stories! Then again if Carol and Amy aren't behaving we can always make them go to Wal-Mart. :rotfl2:
That would be like torture!!!! :earseek:

alikat99
12-13-2005, 11:14 PM
Ok, I know that I haven't been around much lately, but I've been reading. I've been trying to keep up with the girls and that darn Christmas tree. I can't tell you how many ornaments that they have broken. :earseek:

Anyway,

Cindy - So sorry about Cameron's eye, but happy to hear about him and the Geography Bee. Also, you are right, somehow, you just have the bad luck with the debit cards, but hopefully that is all behind you now.

Robin - Ian is adorable. Happy birthday to him!!!!

Diana - Congrats on the Billy Joel tickets!! I wish that I could see him here in January, but I just can't justify the cost right now with the holidays. Boo-hoo for me, but yeah for you!!! :cheer2:

To all of you northerners, so sorry about your weather. We're having a "cold" spell here in central FL too. We were only in the 60s today, and into the 40s at night. For FL, that's chilly!! :cold:

Mark & Mary - Great trip reports, sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. It sure makes me want to go to DL. I think that we'll wait until Madison is a little older. We're glad to hear that you're home safe & sound.

Cheryl & Todd - Great reports from you guys too!!! I'm sure that you guys are enjoying your Californian vacation!!!

I think that's everything, but if I missed replying to something, sorry!!! I did read everything, it's just all I can remember this late at night!!!

Oh, and my new little nephew is adorable!!! He's home now and doing well. He will have to have some type of operation, can't remember what or why, but I think that it's something having to do with his boy parts.

Ok, to bed I go!! Have a great night, and I'll try to be around a little more.

Garfield
12-14-2005, 08:14 AM
Welcome home Mark and Mary :wave:

Glad to hear you had a safe and magical trip :goodvibes

A DisneyLand trip is definitely in our future plans ::yes::

Thank you Walt ::MickeyMo

WDWLVR
12-14-2005, 08:46 AM
Good morning eveyone! Back at work. Only 171 e-mails waiting for me :).

Better go get caught up.

Safe travels to Cheryl and Todd today.

sanddune
12-14-2005, 10:35 AM
Welcome back Mark and Mary! :wave:

scrappy910
12-14-2005, 11:34 AM
We are suppose to leave Thursday (driving) and I hear that we are getting that ice storm. Hopefully, it will be cleared before we leave. Does anyone know how far south the ice is suppose to reach? Driving in Michigan in ice storms doesn't bother me half as much as driving in states south of Ohio during these type of storms. Ice or no ice I will be doing my best to get myself to WDW :moped:

I remember one year when the kids were little and we were driving from Fl to Michigan for Christmas, we hit an ice storm in Tenn. What a nightmare. Traffice was at a standstill, well that is what traffic wasn't sliding sideways on the tilting roads. The kids still remember that travel time. I honestly didn't think we were going to live to talk about it, especially when the semi next to our van started sliding into our lane :scared1:

Just checked the weather and it looks like that storm should be through by Thursday PM. By the time you get to Chattanooga you should actually see some warmer temps.

Gail & John you gotta promise that if it gets bad you will get off the roads. We promise to hold your room for you.

iluvdisney
12-14-2005, 12:59 PM
I arrived back in Michigan last night - drove home earlier than planned due to all that crappy weather heading this way. :moped:

Gail - I wish you safe travels - I don't think the ice storm will be going down too far but the weather channel kept changing the weather forecast on me so I decided to head back home. Leave yourselves some extra time if you can - makes for not so crazy a trip then.

There is so much going on that I have missed I think it will take me the rest of the week to catch up on everything here. But I will do my best - I still have to finish unpacking the van so I can finish up Christmas shopping. :wave:

sanddune
12-14-2005, 01:07 PM
I remember one year when the kids were little and we were driving from Fl to Michigan for Christmas, we hit an ice storm in Tenn. What a nightmare. Traffice was at a standstill, well that is what traffic wasn't sliding sideways on the tilting roads. The kids still remember that travel time. I honestly didn't think we were going to live to talk about it, especially when the semi next to our van started sliding into our lane :scared1:

Just checked the weather and it looks like that storm should be through by Thursday PM. By the time you get to Chattanooga you should actually see some warmer temps.

Gail & John you gotta promise that if it gets bad you will get off the roads. We promise to hold your room for you.

On our drive back from WDW 2 years ago.We saw a state trooper (KY)turn on his lights and was trying to come down the ramp. He spun out! :rotfl: :rotfl:He turned of his lights and watched all of us northeren drivers go on! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Please be careful :wave:
PS. To be fair to the trooper it was really iced over! :rolleyes1

WDWLVR
12-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Gail & John - safe travels! Have a wonderful Christmas and an awesome cruise!

sanddune
12-14-2005, 01:11 PM
Welcome back Iluvdisney! Glad you beat the nasty weather that's comming.What a way to say welcome back to Michigan! :wave:

#1Mouse
12-14-2005, 01:49 PM
I just read the newest weather report from Chuck & Eric from Channel 4 and it looks like now all they are calling for is about 3" of snow with some rain but the temps are suppose to be above freezing. :confused3 Now we all know that means we will either have a huge ice storm with 8" of snow or it could be a balmy 35 degrees :rotfl2:

We won't be leaving until Diane gets done with her last exam which should be sometime after 6 PM (Thurs). I'm thinking by that time, if we do get any bad weather the roads should be cleared. Today is wash & pack day - Tomorrow is manicure/pedicure, wash & vacuum the car, get my hair highlighted and pack the car day. So far everything is running smoothly :cool1: Of course John has a client that just needed to switch their computer system over so he will be there late tonight. Hmmmm, I remember a client that decided to do that......just before Member Homecoming and he ended up spending 2 days on the phone and a late night at Mark & Mary's room using their internet conncetion!

Welcome home Mary - I'm glad you decided to come in early - there's no telling how bad the roads could get in the mountains.

wdwstar
12-14-2005, 03:57 PM
I was just checking my ressies online at dcl and it says 1day at Nassau,1 day at sea, 1 day at CC. My invitation that was mailed from DVC says 2 days at CC, 1 sea day.

I wonder which one it is?

sorry if this has been posted already.

fireplug
12-14-2005, 04:29 PM
OKAY THEN :badpc:

Welcome back all of you that were gone and safe travels to all of you leaving. That should cover it! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Anyway glad those who went out west and down south had good trips.

Gail and John drive safe and have a blast. Then you can tell us ALL about it in Jan!

Squid

chipscinderelly
12-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Got my Disney Visa statement online and the payment to DVC for DCL and it is NOT interest free for 6 months although I was told last week on the phone it would be. I called again and clearly didn't get someone having "a disney day" and she told me no way would it qualify. If someone else gets different information please let us know!

crzy4dals
12-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Chipscinderelly - mine is not interest free either... thats ok I get 100's of zero interest letters every month. It is all DH and I do. Pay no interest just jump cards... I LOVE IT!

Safe travels everyone! We are off on Friday afternoon!!!!!! We pick up DS after recess.... (cause everyone knows a kid can't miss recess) and head to the airport. If the roads are crappy he will have to miss recess and get over it on the plane ride to warm weather.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah everyone!

cherylp3
12-14-2005, 11:48 PM
just a note that I made it home safe.

rsschneck
12-15-2005, 01:53 AM
Got my Disney Visa statement online and the payment to DVC for DCL and it is NOT interest free for 6 months although I was told last week on the phone it would be. I called again and clearly didn't get someone having "a disney day" and she told me no way would it qualify. If someone else gets different information please let us know!

I called the next day and the Visa CM said no problem. When I checked my Visa online someone had credited me back and then re-charged my Visa the same amount, but it was coded differently. I received a letter in the mail from Chase telling me I had received the 0% for 6 months. It is almost 11pm tonight and we have been out to dinner with friends so I will post more information tomorrow. I hope everyone who wants the 0% for 6 months will get it! I know it will help us during the holidays! I will use some tax refund money to pay for DD's cruise portion come the first of the year.

rsschneck
12-15-2005, 02:09 AM
Trans Date Post Date Type Description (Merchant Category) Transaction Number Amount

11/20/2005 12/07/2005 All PROMOTIONAL ADJUSTMENT (Other) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX $-645.00
11/20/2005 12/07/2005 All PROMOTIONAL ADJUSTMENT (Other) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX $645.00

12/03/2005 12/04/2005 Sale DISNEY VACATION CLUB MNG (Lodging) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX $645.00

This is from my online statement. I will post what my Chase letter said in the morning. When I called I explained that on 12-3-05 there was a charge from DVC for $645. The charge was for a special charter cruise through DCL. I had more than 1 Visa rep. say that if the charge was for DCL it would qualify for 0% for 6 months. :confused3

Scratch42
12-15-2005, 06:10 AM
Safe Travels to All!

Still nothing here is the Great White North! But boy were the Grocery Stores busy last night! Let's hope the weather man is wrong!

Have A Disney Day!

janet

cgcw
12-15-2005, 07:03 AM
Morning. :sunny:

Welcome back to everyone returning from a trip. :wave:

Safe travels to all those heading out. :moped:

We were expecting 3-6" of snow yesterday. We got a dusting in the morning and some frozen ice in the afternoon but no where near 3-6". I think my Aunt was looking out for all of us at her funeral. I know it would have been tough getting my Mom in the car and out of the car but we would have done it. It was a long day and I was out like a light last night about 7 p.m.

It really feels like it should be Friday already. :confused:

WDWLVR
12-15-2005, 07:22 AM
:grouphug: Cindy - funerals can be draining just by themselves. Add in the weather concerns and it is no wonder why you were out like a light so fast. Here's hoping the next two days go quickly and easily for you. Can't wait for the weekend here either!

WDWLVR
12-15-2005, 07:22 AM
Cheryl - glad to hear you guys make it home safe. That was a long day! So what sights did you see on Tuesday?

scrappy910
12-15-2005, 07:24 AM
Cheryl - Welcome back to the real world. Hope your trip was great.

Cindy - don't be wishing it was Friday. We are leaving for WDW this afternoon and I know I have enough planned for this weekend to actually last an entire week. I need all the minutes I can get. LOL

We are going to try and get to the DVC Mixer this afternoon. Hopefully the rain will hold off. Back to the wash and packing.

WDWLVR
12-15-2005, 07:28 AM
Carol - enjoy your trip. Have fun at the DVC mixer!

Gail & John - have a safe trip down. Looks like the worst is past. Here's hoping you don't run into any bad weather.

cgcw
12-15-2005, 08:48 AM
Cindy - don't be wishing it was Friday. We are leaving for WDW this afternoon and I know I have enough planned for this weekend to actually last an entire week. I need all the minutes I can get. LOL

Okay, then I will wish it to be Thursday afternoon for a while. :wizard: Groundhog Day here we come. Have you seen that movie where it's Groundhod Day over and over and over again. I certainly wouldn't mind that happening for a WDW trip.

Have fun!! :cool1:

cherylp3
12-15-2005, 09:27 AM
On Tuesday we drove to Burbank and saw the WB studio tour (2 1/2 hr) along with Alan Alda! He was getting ready for a scene so he was definitely in character.

Then we drove to Grauman's and did 2 tours - Movie star houses tour and
trolley tour. Our trolley tour started late so we ended up leaving at 5pm and got caught in traffic back to our hotel.

The cool thing was we got to help out a CA school, at the restaurant we were at the local school was having a fundraiser night. All you had to do was give the restaurant a flyer and they would donate to the school.

Cheryl

chipscinderelly
12-15-2005, 09:58 AM
Trans Date Post Date Type Description (Merchant Category) Transaction Number Amount

11/20/2005 12/07/2005 All PROMOTIONAL ADJUSTMENT (Other) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX $-645.00
11/20/2005 12/07/2005 All PROMOTIONAL ADJUSTMENT (Other) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX $645.00

12/03/2005 12/04/2005 Sale DISNEY VACATION CLUB MNG (Lodging) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX $645.00

This is from my online statement. I will post what my Chase letter said in the morning. When I called I explained that on 12-3-05 there was a charge from DVC for $645. The charge was for a special charter cruise through DCL. I had more than 1 Visa rep. say that if the charge was for DCL it would qualify for 0% for 6 months. :confused3

Thanks - I'm going to call again today later as we'd like the benefit of the 6 months.

bcvprincesses
12-15-2005, 09:58 AM
Morning all. Everyone have a safe trip. Bring back the weather. It has started snowing here and by tonight we are supposed to have between 6 to 11 in of snow. :cold: I decided to run to the store after taking the kids to school to get stuff to make cookies and fudge. Now I am too cold and lazy. Maybe this afternoon.

chipscinderelly
12-15-2005, 09:59 AM
Ok so the silence in this thread regarding the DCL website itinerary has me pretty worried. A stop is Nassau is not what we are looking for ... I hope the silence is just because we are all so busy!

WDWLVR
12-15-2005, 10:05 AM
Julie - in this case I wouldn't trust the DCL website at all. Remember this is a charter for DVC. What you have on your DVC paperwork is what will happen. Just because DCL hasn't updated it from their regular itinerary shouldn't be a concern.

#1Mouse
12-15-2005, 11:10 AM
Well it looks like we are going to be getting a bit more snow than the weather man predicted. We got about 3" last night and it hasn't stopped snowing. It's suppose to continue until evening. I went to go get my pedicure done and I had on my flip flops (don't want to mess up the nail polish!) It was a bit cold going from the car and back :cold:

We will be leaving out sometime after 6 PM - the roads should be a complete mess by then. Once we get out of Mich and Northern Ohio it shouldn't be too bad.

Cheryl glad you arrived home safely and sounds like you guys had a great trip!

Carol, we'll see you guys tomorrow (just not sure of the time)

Cindy, I'm glad the weather held off for the funeral. Our sympathy's to you and your family.

I think this is it until I get home (Dec 31) - don't leave me with 500 of pages to catch up on!!! :teeth:

scrappy910
12-15-2005, 11:14 AM
I hope no one thinks I am being morbid, but today is the anniversary date of the death of Walt Disney. He was only in his 60's when he died of lung cancer. Way to early for anyone to die, but especially someone who had so many dreams to develop.

Just remembered I was going to bake some cookies to take with us today. Better get busy. Have an hour and a half before we hopefully will be leaving. Weather is warm (70) but very windy. Guess it is blowing in the thunderstorms we are to get later today.

Just picked up my litho from our repo cruise. Seeing what you all had done motivated me to get over to Michael's to have mine done.

Everyone have a great weekend, finishing up shopping, wrapping, baking or just enjoying the holiday season.

rsschneck
12-15-2005, 11:14 AM
Thanks - I'm going to call again today later as we'd like the benefit of the 6 months.

This is what the letter from Chase said:

Dear XYZ

As your credit card company, we value your business and want you to be completely satisfied with your credit card account. We appreciate this opportunity to address your concerns about the special Promotional Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for the Disney Vacation package on your account.

We are pleased to confirm that your APR has been properly adjusted to 0% fixed. Please be assured that this APR, along with a credit for any applicable finance charges and fees, will be reflected on your next statement.

If you have additional questions or if we can help in any other way, please call us at the toll-free number listed above. We are here 24 hours a day to serve your credit card needs.

Sincerly,
Carina Fonesca
Financial Service Advisor

phone number listed above: 800-300-8575

I hope this information helps!

4greatboys
12-15-2005, 11:37 AM
Good to hear you got the 0% financing charges.

cgcw
12-15-2005, 11:45 AM
I think this is it until I get home (Dec 31) - don't leave me with 500 of pages to catch up on!!! :teeth:

Okay, only 499 pages. :teeth: :teeth: :earseek:

Hope you have a great trip! Stay safe!!

scrappy910
12-15-2005, 11:54 AM
I can see it now, Christmas Day and Gail will be at my computer trying to catch up on all the posts (all 499).

Carol

alikat99
12-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Well it looks like we are going to be getting a bit more snow than the weather man predicted. We got about 3" last night and it hasn't stopped snowing. It's suppose to continue until evening. I went to go get my pedicure done and I had on my flip flops (don't want to mess up the nail polish!) It was a bit cold going from the car and back :cold:

We will be leaving out sometime after 6 PM - the roads should be a complete mess by then. Once we get out of Mich and Northern Ohio it shouldn't be too bad.

Cheryl glad you arrived home safely and sounds like you guys had a great trip!

Carol, we'll see you guys tomorrow (just not sure of the time)

Cindy, I'm glad the weather held off for the funeral. Our sympathy's to you and your family.

Have a great time, Gail!!! We'll be over at SS on Christmas Day. I can't wait to spend Christmas evening at the world!!!

Tiger Lily 03
12-15-2005, 05:48 PM
Hi cruise mates! Been busy, don't imagine I will find time to read what I have missed. It is massive reading I'm seeing.
:sunny:

cherylp3
12-15-2005, 05:53 PM
Gail, Hope you have a great trip!

Amy: You are very brave to go on Christmas.

alikat99
12-15-2005, 06:00 PM
Gail, Hope you have a great trip!

Amy: You are very brave to go on Christmas.
Well, we ended up getting that $38 rate for Saratoga Springs for Christmas night, so we decided to just go. I don't think that we're even going to attempt the parks. We figure that we may do a tour of the resorts, enjoy ourselves and take it easy. We love Christmas, so what better place to be, right?!?!?!?

Tiger Lily 03
12-15-2005, 06:32 PM
Well, we ended up getting that $38 rate for Saratoga Springs for Christmas night, so we decided to just go. I don't think that we're even going to attempt the parks. We figure that we may do a tour of the resorts, enjoy ourselves and take it easy. We love Christmas, so what better place to be, right?!?!?!?That rate is fantastic.

WDWLVR
12-15-2005, 06:53 PM
Well, we ended up getting that $38 rate for Saratoga Springs for Christmas night, so we decided to just go. I don't think that we're even going to attempt the parks. We figure that we may do a tour of the resorts, enjoy ourselves and take it easy. We love Christmas, so what better place to be, right?!?!?!?

That is amazing Amy! Go and enjoy!

Garfield
12-15-2005, 07:57 PM
I hope no one thinks I am being morbid, but today is the anniversary date of the death of Walt Disney. He was only in his 60's when he died of lung cancer. Way to early for anyone to die, but especially someone who had so many dreams to develop.

Though the man belongs to the ages :angel:, his legacy lives on and his dreams are alive in all of us :grouphug:

Thanks for the memories Mr. Disney :goodvibes

sanddune
12-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Amy we'll be at OKW for Christmas! Are you bringing Christmas lights? We are. I also have a 6 foot tree and window clings. :wave:

Stitch#1
12-15-2005, 09:45 PM
Good Evening Everyone!!
Safe Travels to all who will out and about.

I never made it on to the boards last night because I fell asleep on the couch a little after 8pm while watching the Grinch with my son. My husband had to wake me up to go to bed! :rotfl2: I think I was a little tired.

Cool news about the 0% apr on the credit card. I think we will need to make a phone call.

I wish it was Saturday because we are getting a mixture of messy stuff tomorrow. I see a long drive in and out of work tomorrow. Yuck

Amy that is an awesome rate you got for SSR. I wish I could join you guys. I love hotel hopping. I always tell people who go to Disney to take time to check out some of the other hotels since they are an attraction in themselves!

alikat99
12-15-2005, 10:26 PM
Amy we'll be at OKW for Christmas! Are you bringing Christmas lights? We are. I also have a 6 foot tree and window clings. :wave:
I never thought about it, but probably not, since we're only there for one night. I was thinking about getting one extra gift for the girls to open on Christmas night while we're at Saratoga, maybe something Disney themed.

WDWLVR
12-15-2005, 10:33 PM
I never thought about it, but probably not, since we're only there for one night. I was thinking about getting one extra gift for the girls to open on Christmas night while we're at Saratoga, maybe something Disney themed.

What about a peppermint pig - a Saratoga tradition.
http://www.saratogasweets.com/

alikat99
12-15-2005, 10:41 PM
What about a peppermint pig - a Saratoga tradition.
http://www.saratogasweets.com/
If Chris didn't have such a hatred for peppermint, that would be cool.

WDWLVR
12-15-2005, 11:01 PM

Oppps - well scratch that idea. :)

Scratch42
12-16-2005, 06:41 AM

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that $38.00 rate is for one person only!

There is someone on the Canadian Board who booked this and is now worried what they will charge her for the rest of the family.

Hope this isn't the case, but I thought I better let you know now, so you can check it out and make sure! :wizard: :wizard: That this is not!

janet

PS the Snow Storm of the Century did not materialize here but it still will be slow driving into work this morning!

Safe Travels

cgcw
12-16-2005, 07:03 AM
I can see it now, Christmas Day and Gail will be at my computer trying to catch up on all the posts (all 499).

Carol

Ahhhh the sacrafices we make for our DIS time. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

cgcw
12-16-2005, 07:07 AM

They probably don't have them right now, as they are out of season, but when we stayed there after the cruise, I found Rice Krispie Flip Flops. Had I known before the cruise that they had them, I might have brought some with me to leave at some peoples doors. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Of course, then they would have all walked over to Gail's door anyway. :rolleyes1 Just like a couple of my magnets did that I left on other peoples doors. I think Gail must have been sleepwalking and "shopping in the hallways". How on earth that happened, I don't think we'll ever know. :confused:

cgcw
12-16-2005, 07:10 AM
PS the Snow Storm of the Century did not materialize here but it still will be slow driving into work this morning!

Safe Travels

We didn't get our whallop of snow either the other day. Maybe it was the same storm.

It seems to me when our area is most prepared is when we just get a dusting of snow. When the weather people say we'll get a dusting is usually when we get dumped on.

I'm ready for spring. :daisy:

alikat99
12-16-2005, 07:30 AM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that $38.00 rate is for one person only!

There is someone on the Canadian Board who booked this and is now worried what they will charge her for the rest of the family.

Hope this isn't the case, but I thought I better let you know now, so you can check it out and make sure! :wizard: :wizard: That this is not!

janet

Safe Travels
That's funny, because my quote from Travelocity actually says $38 for 4 adults. Anyway, the whole reason that we booked it was that we can very easily go home if they don't honor it. We only live 1.5 hours from Disney, so nothing lost but some time, and either way, we would stay and hang around Downtown Disney and take in the sights on Christmas night.

alikat99
12-16-2005, 08:06 AM
Ok, so I went over to find out about the person from Canada about that $38 rate. Seems that she only put one adult, instead of occupancy 4. We definitely have on our reservation, occupancy 4. Whew!

alikat99
12-16-2005, 08:11 AM
Well, today is Emily's last day of school for Christmas break. I get her have her at home for 2 weeks straight. What fun!?!??!?!?! Just kidding, she is a good kid, but at 4 yrs old, she has her moments. :earseek:

I got all of my Christmas gifts sent up to my brother in Chicago and my sister in Norfolk, so I feel better. One of the mom's in Emily's class did a collection for a gift for the teacher, so I didn't have to worry about that. However, I did buy some gourmet caramel apples (from QVC and they are tasty) that I've been giving away to various people, and I think that I'll bring one for the teacher too. I know that they probably get tons of apple stuff, but this is a tasty treat that doesn't take up space.

I'm going to clean up around here today, and put up a few more of our decorations (yes, we're VERY behind). Chris has a 3 day weekend, since our anniversary is Monday, he took that day off too. We'll have the kids for the day, but we figure that we'll do something as a family during the day, and then go out to dinner in the evening.

Scratch42
12-16-2005, 08:21 AM
Ok, so I went over to find out about the person from Canada about that $38 rate. Seems that she only put one adult, instead of occupancy 4. We definitely have on our reservation, occupancy 4. Whew!

Glad to hear everything is OK!

Hope things work out for her!

Merry Christmas!

janet

KarenNY
12-16-2005, 10:24 AM
Amy Enjoy Christmas at SSR. The weather is sure to be nicer than up here near the actual Saratoga (it's snowing now after some nasty ice this morning).
I bought those caramel apples from QVC one year-everyone loved them-they are delicious!

alikat99
12-16-2005, 11:30 AM
Amy Enjoy Christmas at SSR. The weather is sure to be nicer than up here near the actual Saratoga (it's snowing now after some nasty ice this morning).
I bought those caramel apples from QVC one year-everyone loved them-they are delicious!
Yeah, I've always wanted to buy them, and never splurged. But, they had them on a daily special and I decided to just go ahead and try them.

cgcw
12-16-2005, 11:34 AM
I have never bought anything through QVC. I guess part of why is because I don't watch TV as a rule. And, I'm truly not a big shopper.

Wasn't there a special going on during the 2005 member cruise thread about scrapbooking items through QVC? Since I'm in the mode for that come the 1st of the year, that's something I just might check out. Does anyone remember what/when it was??

alikat99
12-16-2005, 02:41 PM
I have never bought anything through QVC. I guess part of why is because I don't watch TV as a rule. And, I'm truly not a big shopper.

Wasn't there a special going on during the 2005 member cruise thread about scrapbooking items through QVC? Since I'm in the mode for that come the 1st of the year, that's something I just might check out. Does anyone remember what/when it was??
I can tell you that I've bought TONS of scrapbooking stuff through QVC. That's pretty much mostly what I do buy on QVC. I know that on Jan 18th, there will be a special scrapbooking kit, but I'm not sure of anything else.

Diana Lyn
12-16-2005, 03:31 PM

This is where you and I differ! I live for TV....without TV I don't know what I'd do. I have at least one must see show every night. And shopping, I think we already know I am the bargain queen!

alikat99
12-16-2005, 03:33 PM
This is where you and I differ! I live for TV....without TV I don't know what I'd do. I have at least one must see show every night. And shopping, I think we already know I am the bargain queen!
Me too, Diana! I just LOVE TV!!! Heck, even if one of my favorite shows isn't on, I'll find something to watch!! :rotfl2:

WDWLVR
12-16-2005, 05:48 PM
So anyone up for chat tonight?

cherylp3
12-16-2005, 06:04 PM
Did anyone else get a second set of reservation sheets?

Do we call DCL or DVC regarding this?

Thanks Cheryl

cgcw
12-16-2005, 06:33 PM
So anyone up for chat tonight?

I could be! Are you? :listen:

It's been so quiet lately on the thread, everyone is so busy.

Anyone else? :chat: :chat: :chat:

WDWLVR
12-16-2005, 06:37 PM
I could be! Are you? :listen:

It's been so quiet lately on the thread, everyone is so busy.

Anyone else? :chat: :chat: :chat:

Yes I'll be there!

cgcw
12-16-2005, 06:38 PM

That is so wild to me. I watch only 2 hours a week of regular TV -- Thursday nights -- CSI & ER (5 letters in two shows, what on earth happened to real names? :confused3 ). I'll watch a movie here and there, but not on any regular basis.

I just turned the TV on for the daycare kids today. A real treat. Second time in about 1 month. I know we watch Charlie Brown Thanksgiving the day before Thanksgiving and today I turned on Pocahontas. Now that I think about it, it's only 3 weeks between the two date. I'm really getting soft.

The thing I don't like about the TV with the kids is they become zombies when it's on. No one moves. It's really a treat for my daycare. Sometimes I wish it would have the same effect on Walker but it usually doesn't -- he'll still be climbing the walls or the table or the chair :faint:. But my daycare kids, they all turn into zombies -- even the little ones.

cgcw
12-16-2005, 06:39 PM
Yes I'll be there!

Awesome! That's two of us. :cool1: :cool1:

Anyone else? :cheer2:

WDWLVR
12-16-2005, 06:42 PM
I'll admit it - I'm a tv watcher. Especially reality TV. It is my escape. Mindless tv is a way for me to relax. :)

rsschneck
12-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Did anyone else get a second set of reservation sheets?

Do we call DCL or DVC regarding this?

Thanks Cheryl

Call DVC. If you call DCL they will tell you they can't help you because DVC is acting as our travel agent for this charter cruise.

Roxann

KarenNY
12-16-2005, 06:52 PM
I'll definitely be in chat tonight :wave:

Stitch#1
12-16-2005, 07:49 PM

They sell the peppermint pigs at SSR also.
Normaly Saratoga Sweets only makes the pigs during the Holiday season but when Disney called to say they wanted to sell them the owner thought long and hard and only makes them year round for Disney. I live just over a mile from the Saratoga Sweets store and I can only buy the pigs during a 4 month period during the year.
They make some great chocolates and truffles too.
A funny thing happened at the Member Homecoming. The owner of Saratoga Sweets was handing out samples of the pepermint pigs (little bits & pieces that they normally sell at the store as "pig poop") and I started talking to him since I had been to his store many times. Well a lady standing next to him started asking me some questions and then introduced herself. Well she was a reported from a local newspaper that was there covering the opening of the resort. Well she spoke with the whole family and my parents and the next day when the article ran in the paper we were named and qouted in the article. Of course I have several copies of the article!
http://www.saratogian.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=11815199&BRD=1169&PAG=461&dept_id=17708&rfi=8

WDWLVR
12-16-2005, 07:56 PM
Very cool Stacy! I don't think I realized you were at Member Homecoming. How great that you and the family got mentioned in the paper!

BCVOwner2002
12-16-2005, 07:59 PM
Normaly Saratoga Sweets only makes the pigs during the Holiday season but when Disney called to say they wanted to sell them the owner thought long and hard and only makes them year round for Disney. I live just over a mile from the Saratoga Sweets store and I can only buy the pigs during a 4 month period during the year.
A funny thing happened at the Member Homecoming. The owner of Saratoga Sweets was handing out samples of the pepermint pigs (little bits & pieces that they normally sell at the store as "pig poop") and I started talking to him since I had been to his store many times. Well a lady standing next to him started asking me some questions and then introduced herself. Well she was a reported from a local newspaper that was there covering the opening of the resort. Well she spoke with the whole family and my parents and the next day when the article ran in the paper we were named and qouted in the article. Of course I have several copies of the article!
http://www.saratogian.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=11815199&BRD=1169&PAG=461&dept_id=17708&rfi=8

Wow! That's cool.

Not sure if I'll be in chat tonight. I'm trying to finish up the 2006 budget for my company before heading to Philly.

Annmarie

cgcw
12-16-2005, 08:00 PM

Awe, Stacy, how cool. :cool1:

We hit the pool during Member Homecoming at SSR. They were filming for the local news there while we were swimming. Cameron's big goal was to get on TV....like anyone down there would know who he was. So, that night, we made it a point to watch the news and sure enough, there was Cameron. :cheer2:

That was also the day that if Cameron hadn't been watching Walker, the lifeguards probably would have had to put their training to work. We were standing right there at the edge of the pool, Cameron was in the water, Walker was on the steps. We turned our back, just for that split second, to talk to the guy who was in charge of building SSR (who came from Palatine, I can't remember his name for the life of me). It only took an instant for Walker to step off that last step and go into water over his head. Cameron pulled him out before any of us knew that he was in. :earseek: Scary event!

You know what's strange? I didn't even realize until now you were at MH. I know Diana and Bruce were, as well as Mark, Mary, Gail & John. We probably passed each other up several times that day, if you were at SSR and we were at the pool. It really is a small world, isn't it. :wizard:

cgcw
12-16-2005, 08:04 PM
I don't think I realized you were at Member Homecoming.

I guess I'm not the only one who didn't know that. :blush:

I didn't realize until many months into the SSMC05 thread that Gail was Gail from Member Homecoming. One day, a lightbulb went off and I realized that Gail was who she was. Gosh, I really felt silly, especially since Gail knew who I was when I finally fessed up to my lack of recognition.

Who else on this thread was at Member Homecoming?

So far, I know....

Mark & Mary
John & Gail
Diana & Bruce
Gary & Cindy (that would be me :wave2: )
Jeff & Stacy

Anyone else here at Member Homecoming?

curtdennis
12-16-2005, 08:11 PM
Awe, Stacy, how cool. :cool1:
You know what's strange? I didn't even realize until now you were at MH. I know Diana and Bruce were, as well as Mark, Mary, Gail & John. We probably passed each other up several times that day, if you were at SSR and we were at the pool. It really is a small world, isn't it. :wizard:

Karen and I were there too - What was the name of the one gal, the one with the voice that sounded like fingernails on a chalk board? :eek:

That one ONE very HOT day!!!

BTW - Hi Everyone, we're still here - lurking in the shadows and grateful for the slow board pace, so we can catch up.

Happy travels to all traveling. Happy returns for those who made is home safe and sound...

cgcw
12-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Karen and I were there too - What was the name of the one gal, the one with the voice that sounded like fingernails on a chalk board? :eek:

That wouldn't be Dee Vee Cee, would it. :rotfl2:

OMG, if she had been on the cruise with us, I would have jumped overboard. Dee Vee Cee did make an appearance at the Bon Voyage party the night before we sailed at PI, but thankfully, I heard, she couldn't get a cabin for the cruise. :rolleyes1

alikat99
12-16-2005, 08:57 PM
That is so wild to me. I watch only 2 hours a week of regular TV -- Thursday nights -- CSI & ER (5 letters in two shows, what on earth happened to real names? :confused3 ). I'll watch a movie here and there, but not on any regular basis.

I just turned the TV on for the daycare kids today. A real treat. Second time in about 1 month. I know we watch Charlie Brown Thanksgiving the day before Thanksgiving and today I turned on Pocahontas. Now that I think about it, it's only 3 weeks between the two date. I'm really getting soft.

The thing I don't like about the TV with the kids is they become zombies when it's on. No one moves. It's really a treat for my daycare. Sometimes I wish it would have the same effect on Walker but it usually doesn't -- he'll still be climbing the walls or the table or the chair :faint:. But my daycare kids, they all turn into zombies -- even the little ones.
I guess that my girls are the unusual ones then. While watching TV, they dance, sing, and talk to the TV. Now, I do have to say that they only watch Playhouse Disney too. Emily used to watch Dora, but she's gotten out of that lately. Now, she usually just wants to watch Princess DVDs. Madison likes JoJo's Circus, the Wiggles & Charlie & Lola.

Tiger Lily 03
12-16-2005, 08:59 PM
So, I pop into chat and it is about empty. I try to say hello, and get froze out. :confused3

alikat99
12-16-2005, 09:01 PM
Stacy - that is very cool about Saratoga Sweets and the peppermint pigs. I just might have to get one for myself, even though Chris loathes peppermint.

Ok, off to chat to see if anyone is there.

BCVOwner2002
12-16-2005, 09:51 PM
I guess I'm not the only one who didn't know that. :blush:

I didn't realize until many months into the SSMC05 thread that Gail was Gail from Member Homecoming. One day, a lightbulb went off and I realized that Gail was who she was. Gosh, I really felt silly, especially since Gail knew who I was when I finally fessed up to my lack of recognition.

Who else on this thread was at Member Homecoming?

So far, I know....

Mark & Mary
John & Gail
Diana & Bruce
Gary & Cindy (that would be me :wave2: )
Jeff & Stacy

Anyone else here at Member Homecoming?

Yes. Tom and I were there too. Annmarie

nanajoyx2
12-16-2005, 09:58 PM
I was at Member Homecoming and I know I met some of you at Epcot. I was alone that night because my DH had to fly home for his nephew's wake and funeral. He returned in time for the MK event.

Tiger Lily 03
12-16-2005, 10:00 PM
I enjoyed chat tonight.

iluvdisney
12-16-2005, 10:18 PM
I was at Member Homecoming too and so was Karen - our cruise chat host! :wave:

cherylp3
12-17-2005, 12:31 AM
Todd and I were at member homecoming.

WDWLVR
12-17-2005, 07:15 AM
Good morning everyone! Hard to believe that it's been two weeks since we were all dialing in trying to get on SSMC06. But that does put us two weeks closer to sailing!

Had a great time in chat last night - sorry I couldn't stay longer. Just too tired! :)

MaryJ
12-17-2005, 07:35 AM
Good morning all! I just wanted to let you know that I haven't dropped off the edge of the earth or anything. This last week has been extremely busy for me. I had my women's group meeting on Monday night, a pitch-in lunch on Tuesday, fixed lunch for my co-workers at Bible Study Fellowship on Wednesday, had our couple's group over for supper (another pitch-in)at our house on Thursday, and went Christmas shopping yesterday with DD who is home from college. I have been checking in here regularly though....just haven't had time to post.

I'll admit to being a TV watcher. It seems that most of the shows I watch are on Tues, Wed, and Thurs nights. Of course, now that Christmas is almost here, most are either finished or in reruns, but I watch:

The Amazing Race
Lost
Invasion
Survivor
Alias
Smallville
Everwood
CSI
Without A Trace
Extreme Home Makeover

Anyone else want to fess up to what shows are their guilty pleasures?

WDWLVR
12-17-2005, 08:13 AM

In no particular order:

Survivor
The Apprentice
Gilmore Girls
7th Heaven
The West Wing (RIP John Spencer)
Clean Sweep
Cash in the attic (BBC version only)
Inside the Actor's studio
Big Brother
Good eats
$40 a day

Diana Lyn
12-17-2005, 08:27 AM

Sorry I missed chat last night! We had our Moms Club cookie exchange and well 2am rolled around and Bruce was about ready to call the police to go out and find us! The best part about being in the moms club is no matter what time of year it is someone is always pregnant, so we have a built in DD!!

Now for shows I watch--how many lines can I write in one post?? :rotfl: Let's see off the top of my head--these are all must sees every week:

Desperate Housewives
Grey's Ananotmy (my new favorite die if I don't see it show)
Las Vegas
7th Heaven
Gilmore Girls
Amazing Race
Lost
Survivor
The OC (yes, I know I'm 32 years old!)
ER
The Apprentice both Donald and Martha
The West Wing
Plus any of those MTV shows Real World, Road Rules :blush:

WDWLVR
12-17-2005, 08:53 AM
Plus any of those MTV shows Real World, Road Rules :blush:

I used to love Real World and Road Rules but just can't get into them any more. However I love the challenges that have members from all the different seasons. Still plenty of drama in those. :rotfl2:

alikat99
12-17-2005, 09:01 AM
Ok, I'll go!

Here are my favorites:
Survivor
Law & Order (all of them)
Amazing Race
Las Vegas
CSI (Las Vegas & Miami - just never got into NY)
Emeril Live
Three Wishes
HGTV - most of the shows

I do watch the occasional Trading Spouses or Wife Swap.

And Diana, you are not alone, I love Real World. I haven't watched Road Rules much in lately, but I love the challenges like Inferno & Gauntlet.

cherylp3
12-17-2005, 10:39 AM
ok here is some of my list:

Airline,
Apprentice both Donald and Martha,
Project Runway,
Three wishes,
West Wing

Cheryl

Garfield
12-17-2005, 02:06 PM
One out of eleven is not too good Mary, but I won't hold it against you.

I too enjoy Good Eats with Alton Brown :) . I'm also partial to the Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, CMT and the Speed Channel :moped:

curtdennis
12-17-2005, 03:49 PM
The West Wing (John Spencer RIP) :sad2:
The New Battlestar Galactica

Both in HIATUS till early January

alikat99
12-17-2005, 04:01 PM
The West Wing (John Spencer RIP) :sad2:

So, so sad about John Spencer!!! I heard that last night before I went to bed. I used to watch West Wing all the time, but haven't for the last 2 seasons. But, he was a great actor.

WDWLVR
12-17-2005, 04:14 PM
Member Gallery Update!

Finally caught up from the e-mails I got while we were away. We have a few new entries in the Member Gallery.

Roxann (rsschneck) sent in her picture.

Sandy (Gometros) sent in his family info and picture.

Mike (msteg) sent in his family info.

Come and meet your fellow cruisers!

WDWLVR
12-17-2005, 06:40 PM
DVC Member Site update! Did you know you can now view your DVC reservations on the DVC site! Very cool! Just log in and then go to My DVC! Love it! Thank you Jim Lewis and the rest of the DVC brass who made this happen!

alikat99
12-17-2005, 07:48 PM
DVC Member Site update! Did you know you can now view your DVC reservations on the DVC site! Very cool! Just log in and then go to My DVC! Love it! Thank you Jim Lewis and the rest of the DVC brass who made this happen!
Thanks Mary for mentioning it!! It's cool to be able to see your points, but not so cool when I realize that I dont' have any left for 2005 and only 117 left for 2006.

WDWLVR
12-17-2005, 07:54 PM
Don't feel bad - all our 2006 points are gone. Of course we have the cruise out of that as well as a number of stays.

BCVOwner2002
12-17-2005, 07:55 PM
Here are my favorites in no particular order:

Survivor
Big Brother
Amazing Race
CSI Las Vegas
CSI Miami
Desparate Housewives
Ghost Whisperer
Invasion
Threshold
Lost
Extreme Makeover

Annmarie

KarenNY
12-17-2005, 09:22 PM
I really like that update to the DVC Member site.

Tiger Lily 03
12-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the info about DVC online. This will be great! I am afraid to look at what we don't have. Need to buy more, need more $...the never ending story.

TV I watch--House. I don't usually watch much else. I will watch some movies if they are on that are not too much drama. I see too much drama in real life. :)

rsschneck
12-17-2005, 11:23 PM

Thanks for updating our family photo. That picture was taken at the Merry Mixer Last Christmas.

I will check the DVC sight and check out how many points we don't have! :rolleyes: