PDA

View Full Version : 12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

brack
04-04-2006, 06:51 PM
This is me with the tour guide and her assistant in the apartment that was made for Walt above the Pirates place. It is now an art gallery but the tours have lunch on the inside patio that was supposed to be outside Walt's bedroom.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b144/brackjr/IMG_5778a.jpg

brack
04-04-2006, 06:52 PM
Now is when I ask for forgiveness for boring everyone with multiple post but ......

we have now made 3,000 posts.:thumbsup2:

dutch_girl_scout
04-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Brack--Congrats on the big 2000!!

Did you guys see the thread that DCL announced it's going back to Cozumel April 8? Just in time for another hurricane season. Keep your fingers and toes crossed that it doesn't get hit again.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1075770

MommyMinnie
04-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Soory we didn't think about just meeting you in the parking lot. It would have saved you some $$$. Yikes. (Hitting myself on forehead). :crazy: We definitely think Stone Mountain is a must see.

Dennis

Actually, I had a coupon. (Hitting myself for not sharing). And..., I went ahead and got an annual parking pass for the family this summer.

:blush: :blush: :blush:

I hope everyone is having a lovely evening. The pollen count was a record high here yesterday at 5,861. Everyone here has the sniffles whether they have allergies or not.

MrsMork
04-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Patsy, thanks so much for the great tour. We went back around and walked around by the covered bridge for awhile. Chatted with the fishermen. We had such a good time with you. We had some of our pecans for dinner last night with an apple. We were so full from Miss Katie's Sideboard lunch and later dessert that we could not eat much more than that. It was a very good snack. We decided to not stay for the laser light show. We left around 7. We're old :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: geizers and we were tired.

Vanessa, DrHug and I both send congrats on the game. Really, really good team!

Brack, thanks for posting those photos. That is a tour we have to do one day.

Stacie - WOW! Congrats. We like babies. :cloud9: Even better now that they aren't actually ours! :rolleyes: :teeth:

MrsMork
04-04-2006, 08:48 PM
We did get a quote of $4157 from DU for the two of us in a Cat 11. They are giving a $250 stateroom credit, so that would make it ONLY :thumbsup2 $3907. I'm rationalizing.....but I booked it. That is the 14 day Eastern Repro.

MrsMork
04-04-2006, 08:53 PM
We went to Pitty Pat's Porch for dinner tonight. Another traditional southern restaurant. LOVE that stuff. We had fried chicken, collard greens with black eyed peas, mashed 'taters and gravy.....oh and fried catfish for an appetizer. No room for dessert tonight. We did have a mint julep though and that was yummy! I had said I was going to eat my way through Georgia and I think that I have made a great start! Tomorrow I think we will go to the Varsity for a burger or hot dog with chili. MMMMM.

MrsMork
04-04-2006, 08:56 PM
I hope everyone is having a lovely evening. The pollen count was a record high here yesterday at 5,861. Everyone here has the sniffles whether they have allergies or not.
Funny that the polen is not bothering us. In fact we were just talking about how clear and uncongested we both are after leaving the mold in the NW for awhile. :confused3

brack
04-04-2006, 09:34 PM
Tomorrow I think we will go to the Varsity for a burger or hot dog with chili. MMMMM.

If you go you have to go inside where they can abuse you! It is the fun part of the trip.

Also, don't forget the onion rings and a FO (frozen orange drink). They are great. I love that place.:thumbsup2

WendyO
04-05-2006, 01:27 AM
We did get a quote of $4157 from DU for the two of us in a Cat 11. They are giving a $250 stateroom credit, so that would make it ONLY :thumbsup2 $3907. I'm rationalizing.....but I booked it. That is the 14 day Eastern Repro.

WOWOWOWOWOWOW! That is a GREAT price! I am now feeling like I'm spending a fortune on this trip. Yikes. We are going on the 8/8/07 10-day cruise.

In light of that, we are probably going to have to cancel our ressies on the December Double Dip :sad: But since our rooms are $$$ on the Med cruise we have to be a little more prudent with our money.

Sorry it's not as good of an excuse as Stacie's but it'll have to suffice. Maybe some of you will be on our Med cruise???? ::yes::

And Angie, we'll have to meet up in May/July @ DL for sure.

mum of two pirates
04-05-2006, 02:16 AM
I think it was becouse I left the laptop on the bed again and DH hid it again. :stir: :stir: I could not sleep as I couldn't find it. After about 3 hours and open range on the dvd player I got up and searched tell I found it. :rolleyes1 He's asleep and I'll put it back so he doesn't know, Just like this weekend. :rotfl2: Anyway I wanted to put together somekind of summer swap toy thing with the kids. I have never done it, but we did do a candy one once. So I'll try to get a list together and email everyone to see if they want to play and get something started. Anyone else up for it. I thought my boys would think it was cool. Mum

lillygator
04-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Wendy we are debating canceling as well.....I really really wish I knew what airfare was going to be.

pyramid2000
04-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Wow, everyone sure was quite today!?!? :confused3
Took me a bit to find us....on page 2!! :rolleyes1 Guess I'll have to start posting my fair share. My internet likes to go haywire once in awhile and it has been off more than on lately! :furious: This definately doesn't help with schoolwork!

I am so sad to see Stacie, Wendy and Vanessa leaving us (or at least possibly). Does this include Jordan too Wendy?? We are booked for the return repo, but I am going to fight like h*** to keep this one also.

pyramid2000
04-05-2006, 11:56 PM
And a big Congrats to brack for 3000!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce:

GoofyFD
04-06-2006, 12:01 AM
Go Brack....3000!!!!! :banana: :thumbsup2 :banana:

klineyqueen
04-06-2006, 06:28 AM
GoofyEd - We will be booking while on board. We don't even know when we will go again, we just know that we want to go again~

We are in total diet mode at our house - we must lose 100 lbs between us for the trip. My DH is down 30 - which is halfway to his goal. I am down 13.5 - ya just gotta add that half! I am still not halfway but still a dieting machine!

Our exchange student from 3 years ago is coming to visit the week before Easter. Monday we are going to go and spend the day in NYC - - that should be a lot of fun! He is 20, my neighbor's son is 19 (they were together all of the time the year Tony lived with us) and my aunt are all going for the trip. My hubby couldn't get off of work. My kiddos are going to spend the day with Grammy. I am so thankful for my aunt...I was not thrilled about being in country girl in the city with two boys who have not been together for 3 years!!!!

lbgraves
04-06-2006, 08:20 AM
Goodness! Are you guys going to start dropping like flies? The med isn't even a consideration. We had a crazy start today. I guess that I forgot to set the alarm. After the dog next door woke me up at 6 am I went back to sleep. It was 7:32 when I looked at the clock the next time. YIKES! I got the kids dressed, fed & lunches packed. We were doing great and then...DS said today is picture day. YIKES! DD & I ran back upstairs & got her into her Pooh dress. Funny thing is last night she brought the curlers to me. She hasn't asked me to curl her hair in a very LONG time. They made it to school with 5 minutes to spare. I was going straight to the Y but had to come home to eat something. Hopefully the rest of the day will be a little less hectic. :)

lillygator
04-06-2006, 08:37 AM
We are staying on this cruise....and after much discussion....letting our reservation on the repo go. It's $6000 before airfare and what we would spend on board in two weeks....so I am thinking around $10,000 or more total. And that's an inside cabin to boot! We discussed and discussed....a 2 and 4 year old probably would not be any fun on a 9 hour flight, especially since they have never been on a plane. We could take a ton more local cruises for the total cost this will be. I know it's a once in a lifetime, but I'll just have to wait for my next once in a lifetime!! :(

As consolation, DH told me to book 12/15/07 and that if and when Disney comes out with a new ship we will sail on it (the inaugural) no matter the cost....I need to get that in writing I think.

lbgraves
04-06-2006, 08:50 AM
(((HUGS)))) You could always book in a few years when they are older & lots of people have shown that other lines have less expensive med cruises. :) The fact that our kids don't like getting off the ship was a major reason for not wanting to go. It seems that every excursion is an hour or more from each pier.

dutch_girl_scout
04-06-2006, 10:16 AM
As consolation, DH told me to book 12/15/07 and that if and when Disney comes out with a new ship we will sail on it (the inaugural) no matter the cost....I need to get that in writing I think.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc We're booked on that cruise too!!!! That's the one I booked when the dates first came out that I haven't told the kids about because it's soooo far out there. It will work really good with our schedule though because when we come back it will be Christmas break, the kids will get three weeks off school.

pjpoohbear
04-06-2006, 12:26 PM
and that if and when Disney comes out with a new ship we will sail on it (the inaugural) no matter the cost....I need to get that in writing I think.

I am glad to know that we will get to sail with each other again, I am so on the new ship when it comes out!!!!! :woohoo: Although the first cruise on a new ship will be a shake down with execs, VIPs and such. I will be on the Offical first sail, no matter where or when it is! Should we be asking DCL about a waiting list for that cruise now? :confused3 :lmao: :stir:

Penny

MrsMork
04-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Brack, we did have the onion rings...YUM...but not the frozen orange. Guess we have to go back before we leave Saturday. :teeth: We are heading over to the Margaret Mitchell House this afternoon. I LOVE that movie and in fact just watched it once again a few weeks ago.

Vanessa, you have to remember that our cruise price is just the two of us, no kids, and in a Cat 11. I told Dennis I would sleep in a life boat with no blanket....just get me on that cruise. :rolleyes:

BuzzBoyMom
04-06-2006, 12:29 PM
Wow - - - 200 pages......3,000 posts.....I know I've been busy in my life, but I didn't know I'd miss all these milestones. Well, congrats.

BuzzBoyMom
04-06-2006, 12:31 PM
We had our teacher luncheon at school and it was an unbelievable success!! So life on the school front should start calming down.

Now I've got to catch up on everyone's live's around here.

Stacie - congrats!!!

lillygator
04-06-2006, 12:41 PM
Angie - yeah our price was for an 11 and they charged much more for Samantha than they would if it were a regular 7 day cruise...I thought the price was great actually, it's the airfare that I am worried about.
Oh well, I'll get over it.

lbgraves
04-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Karen....forget about Zap A Snack!!!! The stuff tastes great but the profit margin stinks & the CS after you get your order is even worse. They are refusing to send us the two items that they left out....one was in our major seller's orders. UGH!!! :( They are also not honoring the 3 $100 worth of food products for the 3 tops selling classes. We are going to end up going to the BBB with this. :( Oh the final total sold was 9600 and we only cleared 3300.

klineyqueen
04-06-2006, 07:07 PM
That is very poor on the part of Zap a Snack! Just you posting it here is leading people away. They will never know how much business they lost by not honoring a few little things! Their lose! I hope it all works out for your PTA. Good luck with the BBB.

mum of two pirates
04-06-2006, 08:28 PM
I guesse the rest of the familey can but I'll still be there. I even have enough money saved and I'm going to pay it off on tuesday. I will then have everything paid for, now I just have to save spending money, becouse I am cashing that in to pay off our cruise. Oh well but it will all be paid for. :banana: We went to canada yesterday and had a great time with my two nieces and my boys at the pool, finnally got a great picture to send you lisa of wyatt to post on his spot on out web page. Now I just need to find one of spencer. Mum

Does anyone want to do a summer toy exchange for the kids?

lillygator
04-06-2006, 10:13 PM
well another gorgeous day in Florida!!! and our pool is still not finished!! Last June we signed the contract....John and I are at our wits end and pretty much are going to get an attorney and the local news involved...it should never have taken this long and we still don't even have water......we were outside Sunday and John blew up a "boat" for Samantha and said "hey V, we pay almost $50,000 for a pool and we are in our front yard in a blow up boat!!"....he's got a point! Althoug I didn't find it too funny!

lbgraves
04-06-2006, 11:00 PM
OH MY GOODNESS! That is rediculous! We talked about this pool last year. The way things are going, it may not be ready for the pre cruise bash. ;)

jordanyosh
04-07-2006, 02:10 AM
Hey, remember me? So I guess you heard the news that my cousin, Wendy, and her extended family are not going on the cruise and going on the Med cruise instead. :guilty: Good friends of theirs, who are also huge Disney fans, are going and that's what prompted the switch.

So........here's my dilemma.....should I still go on the cruise? Because I would now be going by myself.....which I have never done before. I mean really I was pretty much on my own on the 12/10 cruise, but it was nice to hang with the family now and then. I know you guys would be great, but I wouldn't want to intrude on someone's else family vacation.....

Anyways, let me know what you guys think.

jordanyosh
04-07-2006, 02:13 AM
Weather report. Dry...finally. Pray for rain and look what happens...should I start building and ark or what....rain in the forecast for next week as well. We're still below normal so I guess I shouldn't complain.

jordanyosh
04-07-2006, 02:22 AM
I guess since I haven't been around in awhile, the West Coast late night chats have come to a grinding halt. I promise to check in more often. That is if I remain on this cruise.............

Oh yeah.....and TOP.

klineyqueen
04-07-2006, 06:29 AM
Good Morning. Weather is such a crazy thing! I was so worried about Flooding in the west coast. I wish we could get a little of your rain...I don't want a flood but we have been so dry too.

MommyMinnie
04-07-2006, 08:44 AM
I got DD back from Grandma's for spring break yesterday! :cool1: She is getting so tall I just can't stand it!

The weather here is georgous. I'm so glad Angie and Dennis got to see Atlanta in the spring. Are you still here?

We are going to the Georgia Aquarium tomorrow. It is the worlds' largest! :yay:

Mum: What exactly do you mean by a summer toy exchange? Exchange over the summer or summer toys on the cruise? I can't get DD to get worked up about the cruise right now. She is saving her "excitement" for October or so.

Jordan: I have something for you too but it's going to take a little preparation.

MommyMinnie
04-07-2006, 08:54 AM
Hey, remember me? So I guess you heard the news that my cousin, Wendy, and her extended family are not going on the cruise and going on the Med cruise instead. :guilty: Good friends of theirs, who are also huge Disney fans, are going and that's what prompted the switch.

So........here's my dilemma.....should I still go on the cruise? Because I would now be going by myself.....which I have never done before. I mean really I was pretty much on my own on the 12/10 cruise, but it was nice to hang with the family now and then. I know you guys would be great, but I wouldn't want to intrude on someone's else family vacation.....

Jordan: This is a decision only you can make. If you think you'll have fun then go on the cruise. I kind of figured you would Med with Wendy and them. However, If I were young, and unattached, and traveling without children, and could stand the color orange, and wanted to travel to the mediteranian, and were a party girl, (or guy) I might try Easycruise.

There has been some discussion on it here ->
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1073669&highlight=easycruise
Most of these people hated it. But, most of these people are Married with kids.

lbgraves
04-07-2006, 11:50 AM

Jordon, I hope that you know that you are like family to many of us who were also on the 12/10/05 cruise. :) It was great seeing you around the ship so much. I know that you would be welcome to hang out any time. I know that I am hoping DH & I can get to the clubs in the evening more on this cruise. You are already linked with Angie & Dennis for dinner...right? When you felt like you missed the kiddies....there would be my kids, John's & Vanessa's from the last cruise gang. If you decide not to go, you would be missed. :goodvibes

brack
04-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Goodness! Are you guys going to start dropping like flies? The med isn't even a consideration.

I have looked at the Med prices but even if we did go I am NOT cancelling this cruise!!! :yay:

A Med cruise is great. My last Med cruise was on this really big ship, it lasted 7 months and I had airplanes taking off the roof in the middle of the night. :crazy: It was still a great trip though. :thumbsup2

mum of two pirates
04-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Whats up with Delts. Now I will just be sick if I loose out on our tickets as I havent bought travel ins yet. I still have have to pay off the cruise. $1500, and that is what I had to pay for our air. To have to pay both of those ug. I will not have any spending money at all. whaaaaaaaaaa. I paid for our air with a debit card too. oh me oh my. I guesse I will have to cancel everyones trip but mine, I'll still get to go. I hope. Delta Delta Delta what are you thinking? Just wanted to vent thanks.

BuzzBoyMom
04-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Karen....forget about Zap A Snack!!!! The stuff tastes great but the profit margin stinks & the CS after you get your order is even worse. They are refusing to send us the two items that they left out....one was in our major seller's orders. UGH!!! :( They are also not honoring the 3 $100 worth of food products for the 3 tops selling classes. We are going to end up going to the BBB with this. :( Oh the final total sold was 9600 and we only cleared 3300.

Sorry Lisa. That just stinks. Glad you use BBB. I wish more people would let others know about bad experiences so that the best decisions can be made.

BuzzBoyMom
04-07-2006, 01:29 PM
Whats up with Delts. Now I will just be sick if I loose out on our tickets as I havent bought travel ins yet. I still have have to pay off the cruise. $1500, and that is what I had to pay for our air. To have to pay both of those ug. I will not have any spending money at all. whaaaaaaaaaa. I paid for our air with a debit card too. oh me oh my. I guesse I will have to cancel everyones trip but mine, I'll still get to go. I hope. Delta Delta Delta what are you thinking? Just wanted to vent thanks.

i keep hearing about Delta but haven't been keeping up - are they going bankrupt and not honoring tickets? so often it seems the reorganize and everyone pretty much still gets their flights okay. what is the latest with you?

klineyqueen
04-07-2006, 01:54 PM
I have looked at the Med prices but even if we did go I am NOT cancelling this cruise!!! :yay:

A Med cruise is great. My last Med cruise was on this really big ship, it lasted 7 months and I had airplanes taking off the roof in the middle of the night. :crazy: It was still a great trip though. :thumbsup2

You are killing me! You are just too much (in a good way!) :thumbsup2

dutch_girl_scout
04-07-2006, 05:13 PM

Karen and Brenda--
We're hoping too that Delta doesn't strike and remains in exsistance. We had already bought our air for this cruise. OOOOPS! Now we have a year from the date of issuance (January 25) to rebook for a small fee, so we have plenty of time to reuse them, my concern like yours is that they won't be around when we want them. I've talked to two diferent TAs who both think that either the government won't allow them to cease operations or some other airline will pick them up. That's what I'm choosing to believe at this point. I'm not sure travel insurance would be of any help, most policies have a clause excluding delays caused by labor disputes, or strikes.

pjpoohbear
04-07-2006, 05:22 PM
Jordan, I am also cruising solo. My good friend Tony was suppose to join me, but he found a new mate and is in Loooove :crazy2:. I am still going, but that is me. :smooth: I hope you are able to make a dicision that feels right for you.

Penny

jordanyosh
04-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Thanks for all the replies....For right now I am still going to go. Unless something major happens to derail that. So you're all stuck with me AGAIN.

jordanyosh
04-07-2006, 11:32 PM
I may even plan a few days at WDW before the trip. That prospect excites me as there are several resorts I would like to stay at.

klineyqueen
04-08-2006, 07:38 AM
This trip we are going to do a few days at the parks after the cruise. Last 2 cruises we did a few days before the cruise and we were so sad leaving the ship on Saturday. This crusie we decided a few days after the cruise at the parks would get us over the "we're sad the cruise is over" hump. That is just our thinking. We want to do the Mickey Christmas Party.

klineyqueen
04-08-2006, 07:39 AM
I got a ticker up and running! I was so excited!!! Now I just need to figure out how to add a picture. That will be my next mission.

lbgraves
04-08-2006, 10:16 AM
I may even plan a few days at WDW before the trip. That prospect excites me as there are several resorts I would like to stay at.

Jordan, you will have to join us at the DIS meet at Jellyrolls then. :)

brack
04-08-2006, 10:18 AM
I got a ticker up and running! I was so excited!!! Now I just need to figure out how to add a picture. That will be my next mission.

Congratulations on the ticker! Pictures aren't hard. There are several posts elsewhere on the board that describes it in detail. I use Photobucket because it is very easy to use. :thumbsup2

brack
04-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Jordan, you will have to join us at the DIS meet at Jellyrolls then. :)

Lisa I must have missed the post about the meet at Jellrolls. Is there a date and time? :listen: :yay:

brack
04-08-2006, 10:25 AM
I'm in the Big D (Dallas, TX) today visiting my DS and DDIL. He and I are going to this big car show downtown. We love sitting in the Jag's, Crossfire's and other exotic cars. Can't own them but we can look good in a picture in them.

Hope everyone is well. pixiedust: :surfweb:

mum of two pirates
04-08-2006, 11:07 AM
It was on a different thread, I'll try to find and post it in a min. Mum

slindamood
04-08-2006, 11:26 AM
Jordan - So glad you still plan to cruise with all of us. This will be our fourth DCL cruise, but the first one without extended family (there were 20 of us last Thanksgiving).
We are used to running into people to hang out with, so you sure are welcome to hang out with us! :thumbsup2

Suzanne

mum of two pirates
04-08-2006, 11:56 AM
By popular demand, I am officially announcing the 4th Annual Jellyrolls December DISmeet.

Date: Friday, December 8, 2006
Time: 8:00 p.m.-2:00 a.m.

We had such a great time at the Jellyrolls meet on December 2, 2005 that we're all ready to do it again next December! It was a wild and fun night attended by over 50 people, and if the past three years are any indication, this is the must attend meet of the holiday season!

Get ready to join a huge group of DISers for a night of singing, dancing, drinking, and fun! So, get your voices ready, and start practicing your singing! Save those dollars to tip the extremely talented pianomen!

Here is the link http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=980214&highlight=dec

slindamood
04-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the iinvite!

We had planned on staying at the airport the night before, but now we have booked our flight (Please, please Delta stay in business!!) and get into MCO at 5:15 PM (instead of 11:30 PM). So looks like we have a few hours to party :cool1:

Sooo - seeing as we are DVC BWV members, have to call MS Monday and see what they have available. :goodvibes

pjpoohbear
04-08-2006, 12:16 PM
I am doing the Jelly Rolls meet too! I will also be spending at least two evenings at DTD PI in AC and maybe the CC as well. Jordan are you planning to visit Mk for MVMCP? You will have lots of chances to spend time with your disney friends!

Penny

jordanyosh
04-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Penny, I may make it Jellyrolls. ESPN is usually where I hang out. Love sports bars........I probably won't do MVMCP. I spent 6 years working at Disneyland and I would have to say the Magic Kingdom is my least favorite park at WDW, but it's just my personal bias and not anything other than that.

Just had to get us off of page 2...again

spoiledbrats3
04-08-2006, 11:46 PM
Quick question? My DB and DSIL will have a new baby when we set sail. Has anyone cruised with a 1 month old baby??? My DB still wants to go. I told him I would get some advice. Anyone....

spoiledbrats3

jordanyosh
04-09-2006, 12:02 AM
you may want to check the official Disney Cruise site. I think you can't travel with infants under a certain age......

jordanyosh
04-09-2006, 12:08 AM
In their terms of conditions, you cannot travel with an infant under the age of 12 weeks. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

pjpoohbear
04-09-2006, 01:10 AM
Jordan, I have only seen maps of DL park and I can't wait to go there!!!!! I just finished Disney College of Knowledge and there was a whole chapter on DLR. Man oh man, plans are in the works for 2008, if DCL does not announce a new ship for that year.

Penny

WendyO
04-09-2006, 01:25 AM
We are staying on this cruise....and after much discussion....letting our reservation on the repo go. It's $6000 before airfare and what we would spend on board in two weeks....so I am thinking around $10,000 or more total. And that's an inside cabin to boot! We discussed and discussed....a 2 and 4 year old probably would not be any fun on a 9 hour flight, especially since they have never been on a plane. We could take a ton more local cruises for the total cost this will be. I know it's a once in a lifetime, but I'll just have to wait for my next once in a lifetime!! :(

Hi Vanessa,

Yeah - we had to do one or the other as well - but we figure that the Caribbean will always be there and this one may not, so we're opting for this... also due to our Disney friends travelling with us. They're going to Tokyo DL and DisneySea in 2008 too! :faint: Too rich for our blood to do both of THOSE trips! Also my MIL had a point in that traveling to Europe with kids would probably be easier on the ship (where she can stay back and babysit if necessary) vs. trekking throughout the countries having to check in and out of hotels all throughout the trip. So seeing Europe via boat is probably simpler. And of course, they can enjoy the characters and shows and kids clubs! I'm thinking Europe won't captivate them too much yet. :bored:

It will be fun though, Erin will celebrate her 5th birthday on board DCL in Europe! What fun! :bday: Hmmm, I think I had friends over and we had McDonald's when I turned 5. How times have changed. Hee hee. :teeth:

spoiledbrats3
04-09-2006, 05:29 AM
In their terms of conditions, you cannot travel with an infant under the age of 12 weeks. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Couldn't sleep, so I checked my e-mail...
Thank you very much!!Sometimes bad news is not really bad. It's sad :sad2: !! They will be missed. Maybe, we will all have to have some fun for them too. Thank you again jordanyosh!!

spoiledbrats3

brack
04-09-2006, 09:36 AM
By popular demand, I am officially announcing the 4th Annual Jellyrolls December DISmeet.

Date: Friday, December 8, 2006
Time: 8:00 p.m.-2:00 a.m.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=980214&highlight=dec

We always come in on Friday anyway. Now we'll make sure it is early. It sounds like fun. We've been past Jellyrolls but never went in. :banana:

See ya there! :thumbsup2

MrsMork
04-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Uh, Jordan.....I'm confused :confused3 Are you NOT our family??? PM me your ressie number so I can make sure you are linked to us.

MrsMork
04-09-2006, 12:19 PM
WE'RE HOME!! :cool1: We did enjoy Atlanta, especially meeting Patsy, but it is always good to get back home.

MrsMork
04-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Jellyrolls, Friday night. :woohoo: That will be Sweatpea's birthday too. Need some extra $$ for piano player to appropriately embarrass her! :teeth: SHHH don't tell her.

jordanyosh
04-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Thanks Angie for the invite to join you guys. :teeth: :grouphug:

jordanyosh
04-09-2006, 01:17 PM
I'd stick around longer, but I gots to go to church.....see you tonight....or see me tonight..back to talking to myself again. :teeth:

Jhalkias
04-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Jordan glad to hear you are still planning on going it wouldn't be the same without bumping into you on the ship plus, I believe you still owe John a drink!

Vanessa I know you are bummed about not going on the Med cruise but you saved me the headache of having to tell Sophia that you weren't coming on our criuse so THANK YOU!!

Amy

pjpoohbear
04-09-2006, 04:54 PM
Lisa, I finally linked my dinning to yours :blush: . Thanks for setting this up, the only thing I feared about cruising solo, was sitting with people that were boring, not an issue now! And I get to hear about lots of people's days! :grouphug:

Thanks,
Penny

GoofyFD
04-09-2006, 11:03 PM
Aloha from Maui!!!! :sunny:
I hope everyone is doing well. I'm sitting on my lanai and looking out in the water for whales. It is very beautiful here. And it's not raining!!!!!!

~Jordan I hope you stick around I have a lot to catch you up on. My new job with the church etc.

O I just saw one got to go.......

Aloha!!!!

lbgraves
04-09-2006, 11:10 PM
Jellyrolls, Friday night. :woohoo: That will be Sweatpea's birthday too. Need some extra $$ for piano player to appropriately embarrass her! :teeth: SHHH don't tell her.

;) OK, Angie! We wont say a word.

jordanyosh
04-09-2006, 11:49 PM
Just got home. Church, a little work, the meeting because I am speaking at Good Friday service...yikes....I am pooped..

jordanyosh
04-09-2006, 11:51 PM
Just an FYI, the Mighty Ducks are definitely in the playoff hunt. I've gone to 5 home games in the last few weeks and they won all 5. Definitely exciting.

jordanyosh
04-09-2006, 11:53 PM
John, I haven't forgotten about that beer.....

jordanyosh
04-10-2006, 12:50 AM
Guess I am alone........so off to bed....in a few hours

klineyqueen
04-10-2006, 06:13 AM
I hope you all had a nice weekend! I am off to NYC in about an hour but I thought I would quickly check "our" thread!!! This is the first time I am actually driving into the city. I usually take a bus or my hubby drives in. But, he will be at work so......off I go! :bitelip:

BuzzBoyMom
04-10-2006, 06:32 AM
Aloha from Maui!!!! :sunny:
I hope everyone is doing well. I'm sitting on my lanai and looking out in the water for whales. It is very beautiful here. And it's not raining!!!!!!

~Jordan I hope you stick around I have a lot to catch you up on. My new job with the church etc.

O I just saw one got to go.......

Aloha!!!!

Oh Mark - I'm so envious!! Hope you have a great time. I spent 3 months in Hawaii "working"...it was so great!!! Enjoy!!

BuzzBoyMom
04-10-2006, 06:33 AM
Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was so busy, but I can't actually tell you what I did?! Oh well. Let's all have a great Monday!!

lbgraves
04-10-2006, 07:38 AM
Good morning everyone! Today is the beginning of a busy week....unless you want to count the weekend since that was busy too. I have finished switching out DD's clothes! I have realized that she doesn't need any more 4/5 clothes. ;) They were coming out of the woodwork I tell ya! Anything that was almost too small got put in the yard sale box to make room. I guess that I will have a ton of clothes to yard sale next summer when she has outgrown these. :)

lillygator
04-10-2006, 08:56 AM
Hello all.....beautiful weather here this weekend!! Hard to come in to work today....would love to be on the boat!

BuzzBoyMom
04-10-2006, 12:55 PM
Hello all.....beautiful weather here this weekend!! Hard to come in to work today....would love to be on the boat!

...love to be on a boat....on a beach....pretty much anywhere but in the office today!!!

Should I dare ask how your pool is going? We're about to break ground next week...so far everything is goind okay. We've had some snags with some of the contractors, but that's to be expected.

jordanyosh
04-10-2006, 09:49 PM
Vanessa, I would love to be on the boat. Now with Wendy and Derek not going, I have alooooooot of time to myself. I should be wandering around alot more this cruise. So be prepared to see me all the time.

Jordan

jordanyosh
04-10-2006, 09:51 PM
It's been very quiet in here since I've started posting again.........hmmmm :guilty:

lbgraves
04-10-2006, 10:30 PM
Goodness! I have been working on the site. Something changed with the spacing so everything was off. I ended up changing the format for the kid's pages so it wont be affected by any other adjustments. I am going to hold off adjusting the family information pages for now.

pyramid2000
04-10-2006, 11:59 PM
We had our secong softball game today! The first was on Saturday and they took FOREVER to call the game for the rain! I was not a happy coach! :furious: Not only was it raining hard, but it was cold and windy as well. I am on the board so I will definately be making quite a stink over having the kids play in such conditions this year. It is one thing if it is a light drizzle in 70 degree weather and quite another to be almost pouring, windy and cold!
Today the girls did well despite the landslide loss! (22-6) It is hard to convince them that they did well playing against the best and most aggressive team in the league! I just told them that they will improve as the season progresses and that is all that counts. With only 6 teams, everyone will be in the playoffs this year, so they will always have a chance to win the championship (even though I feel having a championship is a little much for 9-12 year olds).

The next month is going to be super busy with softball for two DDs, soccer for one of them, school, Girl Scouts, and finally dance. I can't wait until the recital in May! At least next week will be slow with Spring break and most activities on hold! :teeth:

jordanyosh
04-11-2006, 12:14 AM
wow....someone else in da house.....do you realize I bought 22 boxes of Girl Scout cookies.

klineyqueen
04-11-2006, 07:05 AM
22 Boxes of Girls Scout cookies~~if I bought them I would eat all of them. That would be scary because my hubby would have to roll me :rotfl: to the cruise ship!

BuzzBoyMom
04-11-2006, 07:06 AM
wow....someone else in da house.....do you realize I bought 22 boxes of Girl Scout cookies.

Should we ask how many you've eated so far?

Those things are too tempting for me. I didn't buy any...I usually give my niece the money and say- keep the cookies!!

pyramid2000
04-11-2006, 07:41 AM
Try having CASES of GS cookies in your house for over a month! I actually do pretty good not opening any cookies because I usually have some left that we buy. Now keeping a 3 year old away from them.... :rolleyes: Actually this year she was alot better and she usually asked before she opened a box. Last year was a different story! Now I a do have candy bars to sell for softball....any takers?? :rotfl2:

lbgraves
04-11-2006, 11:26 AM
I have finally finished filling the last of the 150 dozen eggs!!! Yesterday the 1st grade had only collected half the money so I stopped working on the eggs. Well, most of the rest of it came in this morning so after I got home from the Y and found the message from the teacher, I got to work. :) I'll be "hiding" them all on the back playground then the kids will get a snack. Then....I'll do it all over tomorrow for the Kindergarten. Part of me is greatful that they don't do ANY parties for holidays in the 2nd grade. ;) I'll only have one grade to do for the next two years.

It is so beautiful here! I looked at the weather for next week & it looks like alot of rain up in DC. Guess I need to pack the rain coats.

pjpoohbear
04-11-2006, 12:04 PM
We haven't seen Girl Guide (scout) cookies since I was a Guide (way back when.) And we just had chocolate/vanilla boxes then. Now I know that they also have the thin chocolate mints at Christmas. But I haven't bought a box since 1987. They just don't come door to door anymore and I don't hit the malls for the booths they set up. What kind of cookies type are there across the boarder? I know you have lots, so fess up.

Penny

mum of two pirates
04-11-2006, 12:55 PM
:rotfl2: Too funny, I'd tell you but I can't spell. I do know that they have smamoas? the best I think, then the thin mints arn't what they used to be. then a coconut thing, and a peanut butter one and lots more. Some one would now or you can check out the girlscout sight for all the skinny.

I just heard on the radio this morning that we have had over 300 tornados touch down already this year, usally they said we have 60 a year, but thats a lot, just thought I'd let you now what there telling us up in the sticks, and we get rain for 10 more days, thrilling. gotta go Mum

MommyMinnie
04-11-2006, 01:14 PM
We have swarms of GS at our house in the spring. Many of DD's friends participate and they all know I can't resist! Also, You can't go to a Kroger, Borders, or Office Depot without passing a table of cookies. Our fav's are Thin Mints, Shortbread (with milk) and Peanut Butter.

We finished the bunny fence around the veggie garden this weekend. I'll try to get a pic on board later this afternoon. It was a lot of work but hopefully it will do the trick.

The weather has been georgous ever since we got rid of those pesky tornados. Speaking of which, Mrs. Mork and Dr Hugs, how much time did you spend at Hartsfield trying to get away?

We finally took DD to the GA Aquarium on Saturday. I hate to "Dis" my own town but The Living Seas is better.

Oh, Oh, Oh! Enough $$$ fell into our laps on Monday to pay off the cruise. :woohoo: That means no more higgldy piggldy payments every two weeks and then charge the rest in September. Now I just have to save some spending money. Guess I won't have to wash dishes in the kitchen after all.

lbgraves
04-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Hey, GoofyFD!!! You aren't going to be the only published DISer on this cruise anymore. :) I just found out that DD has won an art & literature award for the County and her artwork is being published in a book with all the winners (maybe county...maybe state...not sure yet). She will be given a copy of the book at a ceremony on May 7!!!! :) I can't wait to see what the picture is. I bet that it is one of the princesses. Her drawings get pretty detailed. The teacher sent this in a long time ago & just got the notice today. :)

MommyMinnie
04-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Hey, GoofyFD!!! You aren't going to be the only published DISer on this cruise anymore. :) I just found out that DD has won an art & literature award for the County and her artwork is being published in a book with all the winners (maybe county...maybe state...not sure yet). She will be given a copy of the book at a ceremony on May 7!!!! :) I can't wait to see what the picture is. I bet that it is one of the princesses. Her drawings get pretty detailed. The teacher sent this in a long time ago & just got the notice today. :)

Congrats to the little cutie! :cheer2:
Can you post a sample?

GoofyFD
04-11-2006, 07:13 PM
Wow!!!! :thumbsup2 Post it when you can.

MrsMork
04-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Patsy, we had no problem getting out of Atlanta Sat. Our flight was at 3 pm which fell right between storms! :wizard: And glad to hear your cruise is paid for! Wow! We need to get ours done.

Jordan, I just booked our flights for end of May/first of June DL trip. We will be at DL Wed May 31 and Thurs June 1. Hope we can mini-meet.

jordanyosh
04-11-2006, 09:18 PM
I am hoping we can meet as well :grouphug:

jordanyosh
04-11-2006, 09:20 PM
I like Samoas, Tagalongs as far as GS cookies go. Only gone through 2 boxes in a few weeks....got to make it last all year.

pyramid2000
04-12-2006, 12:04 AM
Lisa - tell Kaitlyn conratulations!! :cheer2: :cheer2: Maybe she can design shirts for the cruise for the kids! :thumbsup2 Sarah had a poem published in 4th grade from a NJ state contest. It is a nice book with lots of poems for the kids to read.

pyramid2000
04-12-2006, 12:10 AM
As far as GS cookies, there are two different bakers so it depends which one your council uses as to which cookies you have to sell. We have Thin Mints (my fav! :love: ), Carmel Delights (AKA Samoas), Peanut Butter Patties (AKA Tag alongs), Shortbread, Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Lemon Pastries (low fat, but being replace next year), and two others that are different most years. This year they were some oatmeal bite cookies that I didn't care for and Friendship Circles which were large shortbread cookies with fudge on the back! Yummm!!

edit to add: This year we sold 2508 boxes with no leftovers!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: Last year I had quite a few cases to try to get rid of through the spring!

pyramid2000
04-12-2006, 12:17 AM
DH was in the ER a few hours ago. (You think I would have been compelled to post this first :rotfl: ) We are putting on an addition and he is helping to put up the siding. Well, the worker tried to move two ladders that had large boards running between them, I guess you would say a make shift platform. Well, one of the boards fell on DH's arm/wrist. He didn't even tell me when it happened! He said it didn't really hurt much and kept working. A few hours later the pain started and he was afraid it might be broken. Luckily it isn't broken, but he came back in intense pain. It is badly bruised, but they say it should be ok in a few days. He says it hurts much worse than when he had open heart surgery in 2004! :confused3 Why do men insist on not getting help when something first happens and wait until the doctor's office is closed?? Anyone?? :lmao:

MrsMork
04-12-2006, 12:30 AM
Why do men insist on not getting help when something first happens and wait until the doctor's office is closed?? Anyone?? :lmao:
:confused3 :sad2:

MrsMork
04-12-2006, 12:32 AM
Golly, Jordan. I thought I was bad buying 12 boxes of those addictive GS cookies. 22 Boxes?? Whoa! Dennis and I polished off half a box of Thin Mints for dessert tonight. YUM!

MrsMork
04-12-2006, 12:35 AM
I see Jordan got active on the board again in time to nab 3100. Good pirate: Jordan!

pyramid2000
04-12-2006, 01:13 AM
I finally decided to try photobucket for the pictures that I have on cd. I think I got the gist of it. Here goes!
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h317/pyramid2000/bb31d394.jpg

If this works, it is Dina last summer BEFORE she cut off the hair on the top of her head!!

pyramid2000
04-12-2006, 01:15 AM
Wow! I did it!! :cool1: (patting myself on the back :rotfl2: )

jordanyosh
04-12-2006, 01:18 AM
Angie you've got me figured out. :teeth:

pyramid2000
04-12-2006, 01:31 AM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h317/pyramid2000/100_0244.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h317/pyramid2000/100_0243.jpg
This is her AFTER the "haircut"!! :blush: :rolleyes: :guilty:

pjpoohbear
04-12-2006, 01:43 AM
Congrats on the Art and Lit award!!!!!!

Oh my, I don't think us Canucks could handle all those choices for GS/GG cookies, lol. But the Shortbread of any kind sound delightful! I am glad all of you had fun listing your favs.

Penny

pyramid2000
04-12-2006, 01:45 AM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h317/pyramid2000/caroline083.jpg
DDs with Tony(left) and Sameer. I wanted to take Tony home!! :love: :teeth:

pyramid2000
04-12-2006, 01:51 AM
Alright, I could do this all night! :lmao:

Here is the best picture I could get of the waves we were having. They were a bit bigger in the early am! :sick:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h317/pyramid2000/caroline070.jpg

lbgraves
04-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Watch out everyone!!! She's a picture posting fool now. ;)

jordanyosh
04-12-2006, 07:51 PM
really, page 2 again?

pjpoohbear
04-12-2006, 09:02 PM
nice waves, Caroline! That is when I would be on deck 4 with my comforter!

Penny

jordanyosh
04-12-2006, 09:04 PM
Great pics Caroline.

brack
04-12-2006, 09:08 PM
:confused3 Why do men insist on not getting help when something first happens and wait until the doctor's office is closed?? Anyone?? :lmao:

It's what makes us so stinking loveable! :thumbsup2:

lbgraves
04-12-2006, 11:30 PM
Darn! Noone is on here tonight. Oh well.

MommyMinnie
04-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Lisa,
I've been spending the afternoon looking at the daily cruise pic board and enjoying all the pics of your DS and DD. I have only gotten through the first few pages but the one of DD looking over the railing leaving CC is adorable!

Somehow you turn up on all the most interesting boards.

lbgraves
04-12-2006, 11:37 PM
LOL! They are definitely photogenic. DD really hams it up. Some of her pictures show her alter. ;)

lbgraves
04-12-2006, 11:38 PM
BTW, that was our first time approaching CC. :)

pyramid2000
04-13-2006, 12:18 AM
nice waves, Caroline! That is when I would be on deck 4 with my comforter!

Penny
The only problem with that Penny, is that a lot of the time they had taken the padding off of the chairs or had the chairs kind of stacked or tied down. Plus the whole deck was sopping wet!

pyramid2000
04-13-2006, 12:25 AM
Hey Lisa, how do I send you pictures for the other site?

pyramid2000
04-13-2006, 12:29 AM
It's what makes us so stinking loveable! :thumbsup2:

I don't think so brack! :rotfl2: DH was right back out there today trying to help put up the siding and driving around in MY vehicle! I wanted to get a hold of him at one point but was definately not going to call him on the cell while he was driving with one hand! :rolleyes:

lbgraves
04-13-2006, 12:40 AM
You can send them to mandlgraves@cox.net. I wont be around for a while though. We leave for DC tomorrow and will be bringing DH home next weekend. :) I really need him here tonight. It's been a terrible day. :( Unless I feel differently in the morning when / if I have gotten some sleep, I am quitting PTO & being homeroom mom for the kid's classrooms....effective immediately. I am sitting here trying to decide if I am just going to keep the kids home tomorrow. I need to get them at 11:30 to make it to the train station in time. They could be counted for the day if they leave after 11:30. I dread going into the office.

pyramid2000
04-13-2006, 04:20 AM
I am sorry you had a terrible day. :sad2: Volunteering for things can sometimes be a terrible experience and can bring many doubts as to why you go though all of the effort. From your posts, you do a heck of a lot for that school! If you don't feel like dealing with them, I wouldn't send the kids in the morning. Just take your time getting ready for your big trip! Rushing for things could get you too stressed for the train ride as I am sure the kids will be very anxious. Have a great time Lisa and leave the issues at home!

lbgraves
04-13-2006, 08:44 AM
Thanks. I'm numb about everything this morning. I went to sleep trying to think of what job I could get that would allow me to still be home when the kids are. With DH's crazy travel schedule I can't count on him to be here on the weekend if they required me to work one a month or something like that. It doesn't make sense to work for $7 when you have to pay out $5 for a sitter. A friend has done medical transcription for a long time. She works at home so she is there for her four kids. I am going to call the comm. college here to see if they offer a program. I already have my BA so that will cut out some of the requirements. I can't make any decisions like that right now though. My friend, who is the PTO VP, is upset as well. She is suppose to be the Pres next year. If things don't change quickly, they will be losing another person who does major work at the school.

klineyqueen
04-13-2006, 01:49 PM
AAAAhhhh...we are on page 2 again!!!

Lisa -have a nice trip~

This is a busy week for church. tonight, tomorrow, and 3 services on Sunday.

MrsMork
04-13-2006, 03:08 PM
Lisa, sorry to hear of the stress going on. Enjoy your visit to DC. There was a thread on the Budget Board a few weeks ago about some home phone jobs that seemed to pay pretty good and were very flexible with the hours. I wanted to send the info to my DIL, but can't locate the thread now.

MommyMinnie
04-13-2006, 04:40 PM
Lisa,

Here's a great article on working at home from MSN Money

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/collegeandfamily/raisekids/p142363.asp

The best looking jobs here are call center related at
http://www.alpineaccess.com/
http://www.liveops.com/
http://gowillow.com/
http://www.workathomeagent.com/

BUT....You need to have absolute silence in your work area during work hours. No kids please.

Also a neat website for finding contract work,

www.sologig.com

Another option is to think of what you're good at ( :rolleyes1 quilting?) and start your own business. That's what I did. The only problem is that I'm at work 24/7. And, income taxes will mow you down.

I actually thought you worked for disboards. You always turn up with the answer to people's questions on other boards, and usually with helpful links.

MrsMork
04-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Thanks, Patsy! That is exactly what I was trying to find for DIL. You are a gem! :thumbsup2

Lisa is a moderator of these boards, but that is not a paid position. Again she is volunteering. :sad2:

dutch_girl_scout
04-13-2006, 06:07 PM
Hey all--Just popping in with a question because you guys seem to have all the answers. We just took the deposit from this cruise and rolled it over to an April 2007 cruise. We got connecting rooms so we would have plenty of space (I seem to remember babies needing lots of stuff!). Can the doors to connecting rooms be propped open somehow or do they stay open on their own? I know that they can stay unlocked, but I would be more comfortable with open.

Lisa I'm sorry that volunteering at the school has you down. Hopefully over a long weekend and a visit with your DH things will be more clear next week.

Hoppy :Pinkbounc Easter Everyone!!

pjpoohbear
04-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Dutch

take a bungee cord with you for each door.

Penny

dutch_girl_scout
04-13-2006, 09:09 PM
See....I knew someone would know the answer, thanks Penny!!

jordanyosh
04-13-2006, 11:44 PM
I am taking a break from working a 10 minute talk I am giving on tomorrow night at Good Friday. I have had mental block and can't seem to connect all the dots. Oh well...now if could talk ten minutes about hockey or WDW or DCL. I could do it without even preparing...........oh well.

oh look....TOP

pyramid2000
04-13-2006, 11:54 PM
MommyMinnie
Are those things legit? :confused3 Seems pretty neat but a little complicated too.

jordanyosh
04-13-2006, 11:55 PM
I hope the folks from the West Coast start posting again. :guilty: I miss them late at night.

pyramid2000
04-13-2006, 11:55 PM
Sorry Jordan, but we're Flyers fans here! :teeth:

jordanyosh
04-13-2006, 11:57 PM
Since the Olympic Break haven't really followed Eastern Conference too much. Is Forsberg out again?

pyramid2000
04-13-2006, 11:59 PM
I'll tell you what, you could probably have a GREAT conversation with my mom! :rotfl2: I really haven't been into it since...oh lets say the late 70's! Last game I went to, actuallly the only game, was a pregame. It was Lindross's first game and got a free ticket with a boyfriend.

jordanyosh
04-14-2006, 12:01 AM
Hey shouldn't you be asleep?

pyramid2000
04-14-2006, 12:02 AM
It's only midnight. My quiet time...Ahhhhh :cool1:

pjpoohbear
04-14-2006, 12:32 AM
Hey Caroline, thanks for Lindross, :sad2:. Knew him as a teenager and he was a pain in the butt then, now he uses his to warm the bench for a lot of $$$$ instead. Toronto is playing the numbers game instead of hockey now, :confused3 .

Penny

GoofyFD
04-14-2006, 02:42 AM
I am here.... Well in Maui....Its only 8:50 pm.....any one awake?

BuzzBoyMom
04-14-2006, 06:36 AM
Thanks. I'm numb about everything this morning. I went to sleep trying to think of what job I could get that would allow me to still be home when the kids are. With DH's crazy travel schedule I can't count on him to be here on the weekend if they required me to work one a month or something like that. It doesn't make sense to work for $7 when you have to pay out $5 for a sitter. A friend has done medical transcription for a long time. She works at home so she is there for her four kids. I am going to call the comm. college here to see if they offer a program. I already have my BA so that will cut out some of the requirements. I can't make any decisions like that right now though. My friend, who is the PTO VP, is upset as well. She is suppose to be the Pres next year. If things don't change quickly, they will be losing another person who does major work at the school.

Gosh Lisa, this doesn't sound good. Not sure exactly what's going on, but I can understand being dumped on...hang in there. And know that what we do as parents, PTO officers, HR moms....it is all for the kids...not that stinking school administration.

Hugs!!! :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

BuzzBoyMom
04-14-2006, 06:38 AM
Hey all--Just popping in with a question because you guys seem to have all the answers. We just took the deposit from this cruise and rolled it over to an April 2007 cruise. We got connecting rooms so we would have plenty of space (I seem to remember babies needing lots of stuff!). Can the doors to connecting rooms be propped open somehow or do they stay open on their own? I know that they can stay unlocked, but I would be more comfortable with open.

Lisa I'm sorry that volunteering at the school has you down. Hopefully over a long weekend and a visit with your DH things will be more clear next week.

Hoppy :Pinkbounc Easter Everyone!!

They have a wedge they can put in the door frame to keep it open, but I agree with the bungee cord idea....safer for little kids...all they need to do is hit that door right and that wedge is gonna fall out.

BuzzBoyMom
04-14-2006, 06:40 AM
I am here.... Well in Maui....Its only 8:50 pm.....any one awake?

Hi Mark!!! :wave:

How's Hawaii???!!

Aloha! Have a great day!

mum of two pirates
04-14-2006, 10:48 AM
Maybe If DH would stop crying about me being on here all the time. I could post at night again. I'll try to find something to post about tonight. Last night he took the phone cord away, It's o.k. I found it. :rotfl2: It was late when we got home from baseball practice, and then went to the school and played a little then Put the kids to bed. I have been watching some kids that are here on spring break from seattle, and they come at 6:30, so I cant sleep in and I've been tired. Ya I know stop crying and start posting. :rotfl2:

MommyMinnie
04-14-2006, 10:52 AM
MommyMinnie
Are those things legit? :confused3 Seems pretty neat but a little complicated too.

I have never tried them or called them myself so I'm not entirely sure. I trust these more that most because they are referrals from MSN money and not from the classified ads somewhere. Also, they don't ask you to give their company any money although you do have to invest in equipment for yourself. (Computer, headseat)

I liked the fact that they have high expectations for your commitment. Anytime a work at home job is promoted as easy, easy, easy, I don't trust it.

Here's what to watch for....Some take Income tax out for you and some don't. So don't be fooled by the higher wages that some offer. You will end up giving that extra money to Uncle Sam at the end of the year. If you have an accountant or an accountant friend be sure and go over the implications with them before you make that kind of commitment. :crazy:

MrsMork
04-14-2006, 11:38 AM
Over on the Budget Board there were folks that actually work for some of these companies. Golly, wish I could find that thread! :badpc:

MrsMork
04-14-2006, 11:38 AM
Oh Boy! A TOP for me!

MrsMork
04-14-2006, 11:40 AM
Jordan, we have dial up ( :furious: ) only so just one of us can be on at a time. DGS has been online in the evenings - ALL evening - lately. I guess I need to crackdown on that kid so Grandma can play! He did create the signature below of Anastasia and the Baker Boy for me though, so I guess now I owe him. :rolleyes:

klineyqueen
04-14-2006, 11:49 AM
Hi everyone! Our "old" exchange student will be here for only 2 more days :sad1: The time is flying by! He is with his friends today but will be back for dinner tonight. Tomorrow we are taking our kids to have breakfast with the Easter bunny. I didn't think Tony (the exchange student) would want to go but he wants the free breakfast (Typical college kid!!!!) It will be a rather busy weekend. In case I don't get back:

HAPPY EASTER!

BuzzBoyMom
04-14-2006, 01:08 PM
Hey guys - I was feeling like a bad mom today....

DH told me that he now needs to drive for his business trip next week. Guess the spring break/Easter created havoc in them getting decent flights (costs and times). Anyway, so he is planning to leave Sunday morning after Church. That's okay ... I just had a small little dinner planned for the 4 of us. And no - I haven't gone grocery shopping.

Anway....I decided that I was not gonna cook for the 3 of us and would take the kids out to a buffet. First, I tried Hershey Lodge...very nice place in Hershey PA. Nope - booked. So, for the last 2 hours I've called every nice place around....apparently all of PA is going out for Easter brunch. Ugh!!! I'm feeling like a real bad mom, cause I dont want to cook for the 3 of us....I actually wondered if Bob Evans was open.

:guilty: :guilty:

I'm still gonna try a few more places. Guess I can always make mac n cheese - NOT!!!!

goofyforlife
04-14-2006, 01:19 PM
I'm still gonna try a few more places.

Just don't go to that new Cracker Barrel near the Camp Hill exit of the turnpike. We went there once last month and it was nasty......

brack
04-14-2006, 03:12 PM
....I actually wondered if Bob Evans was open.

I really like Bob Evans! We don't have any in Oklahoma or the areas I travel west of the Mississippi. When we lived in DC area we ate at Bob Evans often.

Easter at Bob Evans sounds pretty good :thumbsup2

slindamood
04-14-2006, 08:05 PM
We love Bob Evans restaurants. My DF knew the real Bob Evans. And Wendy, the person, went to my DD's high school (a few years before she did).

mum of two pirates
04-14-2006, 11:49 PM
I got on to post so you wouldn't be buy yourself and your not even here.

I have been thinking of changing our dinner from late to early. What are the pros and cons of it. I had booked late becouse being from washington and the time change, but with being at the world before hand I think we will be used to the time difference by then. Wha do you think, If I'm going to change it I want to do it tue when I pay our cruise off. The only drawback would be having to be back on the ship early one night, or skip dinner that night. Can't wait only like 238 days tell the cruise. How many more loads of wash is that? :rotfl2:

jordanyosh
04-15-2006, 12:36 PM
I wasn't online last night because I spoke at GF service last night and then went out afterwards. I didn't get home until 11:30pm and then I was exhausted and I still am this morning. I don't what I am doing up at 9:30am but I just woke up.

No plans today because tomorrow will be such a long day.

lillygator
04-15-2006, 01:00 PM
What's up guys!! We made a last minute decision to go to Disney this weekend...we are leaving in about an hour. I am psyched! and if you read my bad gorl adventures they will be great this weekend.....Drama Queen sister and I are going to hit Pleasure Island!! Whoo hooooo...................!!!!!

Talk to you soon!

MrsMork
04-15-2006, 01:03 PM
We are heading up to Washington State today to see my dad, who is now finally out of rehab and at home. He went into the hospital mid August for surgery and just got home 2 weeks ago. It has been a long haul. He still has some pressure sores, has a wound nurse coming to the home, and needs help getting around. I am going to take my hair cutting scissors and give him a haircut as he says his regular barber, "Butcher Bob", doesn't make housecalls. :rotfl2: Good to hear he has his sense of humor back.

jordanyosh
04-15-2006, 01:40 PM
Vanessa, hope you have a great time. Have a drink or two for me....and try and stay out of trouble. :teeth:

Angie, have a safe trip. Hope pops continues to heal.

Since Vanessa mentioned Disney, I may have to head to DCA/DL today...just for a few hours, since I live about 7 minutes away.

I may have to break open box 3 of 22 GS cookies.....

pyramid2000
04-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Angie, hope your dad keeps his spirits up!

All of this talk about last minute trips (hop, skip and a jump away) to DW and DL is making me jealous! I want to move to Florida!! :crazy: :bounce: Then I could get the discount rates too.. :rolleyes1 Problem is, I would probably be broke! :lmao:

pyramid2000
04-15-2006, 09:23 PM
Hey, I just noticed I am a DIS veteran now! :teeth: :smooth:

pyramid2000
04-15-2006, 09:26 PM
HAPPY EASTER!!

jordanyosh
04-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Help. Help. I was on page 2.

Happy Easter.

MrsMork
04-16-2006, 10:51 AM
Hey, I just noticed I am a DIS veteran now! :teeth: :smooth:
Congratulations on that step! :woohoo:

MrsMork
04-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Have a Blessed Easter all! :grouphug:

MrsMork
04-16-2006, 08:38 PM
We need a :Pinkbounc BUMP off of page 2 again!

MommyMinnie
04-16-2006, 09:14 PM
Happy Easter!
We didn't do much special, just early Church, brunch, and gardening.
I hope you all had a good one.

GoofyFD
04-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Happy Easter all.....He is risen!

I am still in Maui. The flight was over booked today. They asked for one person to stay an extra day. They are going to fly me home first class tomorrow. They are giving me a round trip ticket back here and a hotel night!!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Here is a sun set from last night...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a106/MTAIT/DSC04064.jpg

jordanyosh
04-16-2006, 10:29 PM

I am still in Maui. The flight was over booked today. They asked for one person to stay an extra day. They are going to fly me home first class tomorrow. They are giving me a round trip ticket back here and a hotel night!!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Cant complain about that. Enjoy your last day in Hawaii

MrsMork
04-17-2006, 01:22 AM

Now there is a blessing!!

jordanyosh
04-17-2006, 02:00 AM
Mark, you around? Thought you might check in since it's only 8pm in Hawaii....

pjpoohbear
04-17-2006, 11:47 AM
Jordan, Mark was on the beach, lol.

Pj

GoofyFD
04-17-2006, 05:24 PM
Here I am.... I'm sitting in the "The Club" its the room you pass when we all fly coach. It's for first class only...I feel so out of place.....but I could get used to this...... Its like a home in here T.V. wireless internet, drinks, food, desks with phones and faxes, all kinds of stuff we folks dream about. I felt bad staying over...my wife with the kids by her self. I called this mourning and she said the did fine. So all is not so bad. I pray everyone had a wonderful Easter.... :grouphug:

MommyMinnie
04-17-2006, 06:51 PM
Here I am.... I'm sitting in the "The Club" its the room you pass when we all fly coach. It's for first class only...I feel so out of place.....but I could get used to this...... Its like a home in here T.V. wireless internet, drinks, food, desks with phones and faxes, all kinds of stuff we folks dream about. I felt bad staying over...my wife with the kids by her self. I called this mourning and she said the did fine. So all is not so bad. I pray everyone had a wonderful Easter.... :grouphug:

MMMM.... You called this "Mourning"? Sure you're not feeling just a little bit guilty? :smooth:

MommyMinnie
04-17-2006, 06:52 PM
P. S.
Don't mind me. I'm just jealous because I'll probably never, ever, ever get to go to Hawaii.

Now I'm in mourning. :lmao:

MrsMork
04-17-2006, 06:58 PM
Patsy, never say never. At your age I would have said "I would never be able to go on a cruise." But here I am anxiously awaiting number 9 and have booked number 10. A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes! :wizard:

MommyMinnie
04-17-2006, 09:37 PM
Patsy, never say never. At your age I would have said "I would never be able to go on a cruise." But here I am anxiously awaiting number 9 and have booked number 10. A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes! :wizard:

U R 2 Sweet! Actually I have Italy and then the Northern Lights on my list before Hawaii. I've also promised myself a rebook onboard.

MrsMork
04-17-2006, 11:33 PM
Patsy...Italy???? Think Disney Cruise! Rebooking on board is a good idea! :thumbsup2

lbgraves
04-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Hello from Washington DC!!! I haven't read the mounds of pages that have been posted since we left town but if Goofyforlife is checking...please check your email!!! I sent one to the email on our website. :)

The kids are having a great time. We took it easy on Friday after a crazy day Thursday. There was a damaged bridge outside of the station we catch the train on so we were fine...but we had to wait almost 3 hours for everyone to arrive by bus to catch up with us. :(

Saturday we took the metro into the city. We saw the building where DH works, walked a LONG way to the Washington Monument, the White House (DH wasn't able to get tickets to the egg roll after getting there at 6:30 am :( ), WWII memorial, Lincoln Memorial, & Vietnam Memorial (which really affected DS, especially after listening to a vet talk about the attack that happened that very day 36 years ago where he lost 14 men in his unit).

Sunday we went back into the city to attend Easter Mass at St. Andrew's Cathedral. We planned to attend the 10 am service, however we ended up getting there early & were just a little late for the 8:30 mass. It is hard learning to depend on the Metro. It was BEAUTIFUL! I didn't realize that it was where JFK's funeral had taken place, along with many other historical events until after Mass and we walked around taking pictures. We went home to change & have lunch before going to the zoo to see the Pandas. It was so nice to have tickets from online & not have to stand in the LONG line with everyone who didn't have a ticket. ;) They were outside & we weren't limited to how long we could stay like it would have been if we were inside the enclosed viewing area. :) We got lots of pictures of the baby in a tree & the father playing with a plasic milk crate.

Monday DH took the day off so that he could help me with the kids in DC. We got on the metro before 6 am so that we could get in line for tickets to the Washington Monument...DS's big dream. :) OH WHAT WE DO FOR OUR KIDS! ;) We were out there in the rain until 8:30 when they started giving them out. We got tickets for 12:30!!!! It was off to the Capitol, where we decided not to stand in another line. Instead we went to the congressional cafeteria & had a great breakfast...it was all just $15!!! We walked to the National Archives & were amazed at all of the historical documents there. :) Next it was off to the WM for our tour. The thing that got me was NOONE asked for our tickets when we got into line or before we were sent up in the elevator. OY! Oh well! The view was amazing! DS wouldn't look after hearing that we were 500 feet in the air. LOL! IDK what he was thinking before he heard that number since it looks pretty tall to begin with. ;) Since you can't look down, it didn't affect me as much as I thought it would. He went down the stairs without looking out...but I wasn't going to let him get out of there without a peek. Well, he ended up loving it & couldn't get enough of the view. After lunch, we spent the afternoon in the American History Museum. When we came out the sun had reappeared!!! The old post office was our last stop. We went up in the bell tower. Another great view!!! :)

Today we are taking it easy...off to the park here in a bit. Tomorrow we will hit the metro early to get tickets for the Capital tour & then spend time in the Natural History Museum. I also want to take the kids to the Jefferson Memorial & FDR Memorial...but that will probably be another day when we also hit another museum in the afternoon. It is suppose to rain again Friday so we wont plan much for then...except maybe packing.

Catch you guys soon!!! Oh, and it has been wonderful to be away from everything as far as school. With so much going on this really is the best thing for me. :) I am pretty comfortable with the idea of not doing anything there anymore. The elections are next Tuesday, so my obligations would end then. If I still feel this way Monday, that's what I will do. :)

klineyqueen
04-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Lisa - it sounds like you are having a great time in Washington - what a great trip for your kids!

Jordan - I am jealous of your trips to DL! We often talk about flying to California but when it comes down to the final decision we always end up in Florida! I guess because it is bigger (Disney wise) and it is a cheaper flight...

We are having a very calm week. We sent our exchange student back to Mexico and now our house seems so quiet! Hard to believe with 2 little kids!!! Tony had so many friends in and out...it was great!

brack
04-18-2006, 04:56 PM
I am glad you are having a great time in DC. We lived there for over 10 years. It is a great place. The Metro is the best subway system in the country (maybe even the world). Don't miss any of the landmarks or museums. There are none like them anywhere else. :thumbsup2

LiserAnn
04-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Well, as much as I hate to say it, we're not able to take this cruise after all. :sad2: DH just got a promotion at his job (which is great) and he can't take time off in early December, so we have to cancel (which is not great). I'm so bummed...we were all sooooo looking forward to it! And I was really looking forward to meeting everyone!!! Well, maybe I'll catch some of you on another cruise sometime.

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Lisa for all the hard work she's done on the website...it really looks great.

Take care everyone and have a great cruise!!!

Lisa W.

jordanyosh
04-18-2006, 06:59 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :guilty:

MrsMork
04-18-2006, 07:55 PM
That makes us sad. :rolleyes2

MrsMork
04-18-2006, 07:56 PM
Lisa, I am so glad to hear you are having a great time. LOVE that city! Can't wait to retire so we can go spend some real quality time there.

klineyqueen
04-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Man...I feel like the Diser's are dropping like flies from this cruise! What a bummer! :guilty:

klineyqueen
04-18-2006, 08:12 PM
Tonight I was researching some airfare for the trip. The best part about where we live is that there are many airport options! New York City, Philadelphia, Allentown, Harrisburg. We fly from which ever we get the best deal. I founds some decent rates but I am going to wait and see if I can find excellent rates!

The baby is already asleep for the night and my son is visiting his grandparents while my husband is at a consistory meeting at church. It is nice to have the place to myself. I am filling in all of my time with surfing the web about Disney!

GoofyFD
04-18-2006, 09:55 PM
So Sorry Lisa..... :wave2:

MommyMinnie
04-18-2006, 11:41 PM
Lisa W.
Congratulations on DH's promotion. I hope it brings you blessings! I am sorry you will have to miss our trip, you will be missed.

Lisa G.
It sounds like you are getting some MUCH NEEDED time with the family and away from other responsibilities. You sound so happy!

KlineyQueen
I've been on the boards all night too. But, I've been doing it right in front of the family. They got pizza for dinner and "Nothing" for dessert.

All is quiet here. DH and DD have started dreaming up their pirate costumes so it looks like I'll spend some time sewing this summer. pirate:

klineyqueen
04-19-2006, 09:03 AM
MommyMinnie - Good luck with the sewing! I don't like to sew - much to my mother's dismay! She is an avid quilter and she always makes costumes etc. I am going to try and talk her into making some costumes!

LiserAnn
04-19-2006, 11:28 AM
Thanks everyone for the good wishes. I am really bummed to not be going on the cruise but at the same time I'm really happy for DH. There will be other cruises, I know but now I've gotten to "know" everyone here!!! :teeth:

Lisa W.

slindamood
04-19-2006, 05:07 PM
We'll miss you, Lisa W. :guilty:

It's like someone missing the family reunion :grouphug:

Congratulations to your DH. :thumbsup2

cynbare
04-19-2006, 11:25 PM
This will be our first cruise, and we'll be celebrating DD's first b-day!!! If anyone has advice on cruising with a 1 yr old, please pass it on!!! I'm starting to wonder if I'm crazy for doing this!!!

Cindy

GoofyFD
04-19-2006, 11:34 PM
Hi Cindy! Welcome aboard!!!! :wave:

jordanyosh
04-20-2006, 01:08 AM
Welcome Cindy.

jordanyosh
04-20-2006, 01:09 AM
Is there anyone out there?

klineyqueen
04-20-2006, 08:08 AM
Hi Cindy - Welcome!!! Don't freak out about taking a little one! We went on a week long when our son was 9 months old. We are going on this one with a 3 year old and a baby who will be almost 1 at the time!

It is all good!!! Of course it will be crazy but isn't everyday life? Go and enjoy and don't be afraid to use the Flounder's Nursery. We only used it for one time slot when we went with our son but we should have used it more often! If you have any specific questions just ask or send me a PM!

klineyqueen
04-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Wow - today must be a sleepy day! I just checked back on the board and I was the last one to post. I found us well on page 2!!
Is everyone busy today?

mum of two pirates
04-20-2006, 03:00 PM
Just got back from wyatts class, we were working on bird repots today and now I need to go back tomorrow and help finish up in the morning then lunch with spencer and bla bla bla it never ends.

MrsMork
04-20-2006, 03:06 PM
I'm just workin'. Taking a 5 min lunch break now.

Welcome Cindy! :wave: Glad to have you and your little on aboard! :goodvibes

lillygator
04-20-2006, 07:59 PM
Hi cindy - we cruised last year with a 10 month old - it's tons of fun! The younger they are the easier they are - IMO!! This year she'll be 22m and her sister will be 4....!! We used Flounders here and there and they are great! She was better at dinner than her older sister.

jordanyosh
04-20-2006, 09:24 PM
Hey Vanessa. How was your trip to WDW?

cynbare
04-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Hi everyone, and thanks kineyqueen and lillygator for the feedback! We're travelling with both sets of grandparents :scared: which should be interesting, but I'll definately have to check out Flounders. Can you bring DC in there to play if you don't leave her? I was wondering about that, as I thought it might be good to give her somewhere she can let loose, even if we don't leave her there. Also, I was watching the DVD and saw that the mickey pool is only for ages 3 and up...can I bring her there to play in the fountain, or is she stuck with us in the goofy pool? So much to figure out...I can't wait for the cruise though!!!! klineyqueen, we might have to get our DD's together on the cruise for a little playdate!

:wave: Cindy

:banana: DH-Mike
princess: DD-Ella (4 months)

pyramid2000
04-20-2006, 11:14 PM
Lisa W. congrats on the DH's promotion! So sorry you won't be joining us. Booking so far in advance, anything can happen! Stay and chat with us though!

pyramid2000
04-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Welcome Cindy and family! :yay:
As for the pools, you can not take DD into the Goofy pool or the main part of the Mickey pool. No swimmy diapers allowed. What willl be great for her is that one of the ears in the Mickey pool is for the little ones in swimmies. It has water constanly flowing through it and you can sit there with her. I do believe there are open times in Flounders when you can play there with her as well as taking her into the Club to play a bit also. You will have lots of fun and with all of the extra "hands" you will have, you will have an awesome time!

goofyforlife
04-21-2006, 08:48 AM
Hi everyone.......

Pre-Cruise meet #1 was successful. lbgraves (lisa) and her family were up here in MD :moped: to bring home her hubby and I met them after work for dinner.

We went to Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse (kinda like a rainforest cafe but with pacific northwest theme) They have mounted animals on the walls (moose, deer, fish, owl) that move every so often and a racoon that comes up from a barrel. I think the kids really liked that entertainment.

Her kids were amazed that they would see me again on the cruise in December. (Because don't we all meet up with people in a different state and then see them again at Disney :rolleyes1)

Can't wait to meet the rest of you guys....
Only what like 7 1/2 months left to the trip.... :woohoo:

lbgraves
04-21-2006, 10:07 AM
Hey there Kristina!!! :) Sorry that you saw the many sides of DD. We have discussed why table dancing is not acceptable in most locations. ;) So far so good this morning. I have managed to pack everyone's clothes, leaving some out for the next two days for travel home.

Well, I can now say that I survived DC on my own with the kids...I need to find a Tshirt for that! :) Wednesday we left the apartment before 7 am & got to our destination...even with a change of metro lines. YEAH!!! We started our day waiting in line at the Capitol for tour tickets. After over an hour with no bickering *SHOCKING* we managed to secure tickets for the 2:30 tour. It was off to the Botanic Gardens...to find the bathroom since it was now 9:30 & DD had done really well considering it was almost 3 hours since we left home. ;) After discovering the flowers...we had to stay for a bit before heading over to the museum of Natural History. We were just in time for the terranchela feeding...the spider wasn't very hungry however, and backed away from the cricket who seemed to be attacking her. LOL! We saw everything except the dinos...which we hit on our last visit here in February. Since it was over 80 at this point, I was going to change the kids into shorts but realized that I left that bag at the Botanic Museum security point. We stopped at the space museum's McD food court before retrieving the shorts and getting in line for the tour. The kids met up with friends they had made that morning. That helped the time go by...they had the 2:35 tour. After an hour in the Capitol, we headed down the street to see the Supreme Court. Amazing building!!! Court wasn't in session so we were able to see the main chambers. :) We were kicked out at 4:30 when they closed and headed back to the metro station....during RUSH HOUR!!! OY!!! We didn't even try to get on the train that was there...way too crowded. The next one wasn't any better but we managed to get the stroller onboard & I found DS a corner to sit down on the floor so he could rest. CRAZINESS!!!! DH was home before we were & couldn't believe that I had done that with the kids. LOL!

Yesterday was a fairly relaxed day in the city. After meeting DH at his office & being given the quick tour of the NTSB, we had lunch at yet another McD's. What would the world be without McD's? ;) He helped get us very close to the Jefferson Memorial before going back to the office. That was another amazing site! We walked around the Tidal Basin to the FDR memorial before continuing back to the mall & catching the metro home to get ready to meet Kristina for dinner.

I would really like to go to the National Gallery but we just need to take it easy today. It's hard to resist hopping on the metro again. The kids both want to move up here. They love DC! :) Next week it is back to reality for us. I have alot of work to do catching up on projects at the house. I think that I need to upload & order prints back thru last September!!! Then it is album & scrapbook time. The kids both want to take a photobook to school with this adventure to share with their friends so that is another one to add to the list. Then of course I will need to catch up here. See you soon!

lbgraves
04-21-2006, 10:34 AM
Just wanted to let you guys know that I will be editing the site next week when we are back home. I tried to look up the info for Kristina's family the other day & it was totally out of wack. :( I lined up everything based on our computer. Sorry I didn't realize that it would be off on other computers. The family pages will be like the kid's pages when I am done so that you will be able to match up the info with the pictures more easily. Sorry that it has been like that for some of you!

MrsMork
04-21-2006, 03:20 PM
Lisa, so glad you and the kids had such a great visit in DC. And again, thank you so much for the work you do on the Boards and on our webpage.

Glad your mini-meet went well. It is so much fun to meet DISers across the nation! :grouphug:

lillygator
04-21-2006, 04:04 PM
Hey Jordan! We had a blast....I am wishing we were back there this weekend...but nope, we're having a yard sale tomorrow! :)

MommyMinnie
04-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Hi everyone, and thanks kineyqueen and lillygator for the feedback! We're travelling with both sets of grandparents :scared: which should be interesting, but I'll definately have to check out Flounders. princess: DD-Ella (4 months)

Howdy Cindy!
Travelling with both sets of GP's!!! I'd prefer the DD1 any time. You may need a vacation from this vacation.

pjpoohbear
04-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Lisa, thanks for thinking of me over dinner with Kristina! :wave2: You all remember me even before you have meet me. Now I can reassure the mom that someone will miss me if I go overboard one night, lol. (She dosen't want to lose me before she gets to cruise in 2007, she loves me, lol.)

Penny

MrsMork
04-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Hey! Jordan slipped in here and pirate: 3200 and that slid right past me. :rolleyes1 What was going on with me?? :confused3

jordanyosh
04-22-2006, 02:19 AM
Ducks lost in OT.. :guilty:

I am currently trying to decide on my pre-cruise plans. Since I will be traveling alone, I will probably just stay at a Value resort which I have never done before. Any suggestions? I am thinking Pop since it's the newest and has a lounge of some sort. I am also trying to figure out how long I should stay. 3 or 4 days. I have spent some time alone at the parks and I know that I can accomplish quite alot on my own. I don't think I will need more than 4 days by myself.....

Angie when will you be at the parks?

MrsMork
04-22-2006, 12:31 PM
Jordan, yes we will be flying in on Sunday and plan 4 days at the parks. Probably M, TU, Th and Fri. Shannon really would love to swim with the Manatees so we may try to hook her up for that on Wed. Days are not set yet, but the dates are. We would LOVE to have you join us for any piece of (or all of) the week, Jordan. :grouphug: Hopefully you will get to meet Shannon and Tristan in July. We might find some time for ESPN also. :teeth: :cheer2:

MrsMork
04-22-2006, 12:33 PM
We have not stayed at any of the value resorts, so can't help you there. We have stayed at a couple of the moderates though and we were happy there.....well, that was before we got spoiled by DVC resorts!

jordanyosh
04-22-2006, 06:40 PM
I haven't stayed at a moderate since January 2000. Since then it's been DVC/deluxe....2001 was Yacht Club, 2002-VWL,2003-BW,Jan and Dec 2005-BCV. I know I can't afford a deluxe by myself and it would kind of be a waste of money since I don't plan on spending time in the room, so a value will do. I do also want to try and stay at every WDW resort..So I gotta stay at a value sometime......

I am thinking I will be there 3 days, 4 nights......Angie, I will probably hang with you folks a few times throughout the week..... :teeth:

brack
04-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Ducks lost in OT.. :guilty:

I am currently trying to decide on my pre-cruise plans. Since I will be traveling alone, I will probably just stay at a Value resort which I have never done before. Any suggestions? I am thinking Pop since it's the newest and has a lounge of some sort. I am also trying to figure out how long I should stay. 3 or 4 days. I have spent some time alone at the parks and I know that I can accomplish quite alot on my own. I don't think I will need more than 4 days by myself.....

Angie when will you be at the parks?

We have stayed at all of the Value Resorts and like them all. The POP Century is the newest (and it does have a "bar").

I like to save money to spend on "stuff" at WDW plus I am only in my room to sleep a little and to "hose off". The rest of the time is at the parks where the real fun is!

Try the POP Century I think you will like it.:thumbsup2

cynbare
04-22-2006, 10:40 PM
Howdy Cindy!
Travelling with both sets of GP's!!! I'd prefer the DD1 any time. You may need a vacation from this vacation.

Tell me about it!!! The original idea was for my whole family to go on the cruise, as we have always talked about doing Disney during Christmas, but alas, my sister and brother punked out on us, so now I'm stuck with both my obnoxious father (I love him, I really do!) and my even more obnoxious father-in-law on my own :confused3 But hey, its a big boat, right ;)

klineyqueen
04-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Hi Cindy - Having the grandparents can be a total plus! Our last cruise my parents went with and they helped with Jake. This cruise my mother in law is going with and I am sure she will be a help with our kids! Look on the bright side!

klineyqueen
04-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Jordan - We have stayed at a Moderate and 2 values and I say save the money!!!! We enjoyed Pop on our last trip. It is nice and new. We were in the 50's section and really liked it. This trip we are thinking of doing Music. I am a music teacher and I am just drawn to that resort!

klineyqueen
04-22-2006, 11:01 PM
I just got back from my cousin's wedding~ it was the first one for the baby. I was so stressed out being at a wedding with the kids. All of our baby sitters were invited!!! There were several small kids there and my son was so cute, he kept dancing with his little cousins! My wonderful hubby left early with the kids because the music was loud and the baby started to scream and would not stop!!!
Thank goodness they were dolls during the service! I hope everyone is having a great weekend~

pjpoohbear
04-23-2006, 02:42 AM
Fellow Scrapbookers?

I pose a question to all of you who are scrapbookers. Would you be interested in a DCL page kit (four or five pieces) swap, Interested?

We would do enought kits for those who sign up and we would bring them packed up as usual (each persons kit in a baggie, than all in a larger baggie, labeled with maker's name) bring them to the ship and then the hostess would sort and give back the kits to the participants on the ship.

Please let me know if you would be interested. pennydegeer@rogers.com

Penny

MrsMork
04-23-2006, 02:56 AM
We bought a new lawn tractor today. Our yard is about 3/4 of an acre and last year we tried to keep up with it with a traditional mower. :sad2: EWWWWW!! Not again! The sun finally came out, :sunny: the tractors were on sale :thumbsup2 and the lawn REALLY needed mowing. All the stars lined up so Dennis spent the afternoon riding round and round and round. Looks way better! (thank you, Dennis!) Tomorrow I plan to load up the backpack sprayer with chemicals :scared1: and walk the property trying once again to get ahead of the meadow knapweed. :sad2: The rain is supposed to return Tuesday, so we have to (as they say) make hay!

MommyMinnie
04-23-2006, 08:22 AM
Good morning everybody!
We spent the ENTIRE day yesterday hitting after prom sales looking for a dress for DD11 for formal night. After the first stop she had her heart set on a specific dress but, we had to have the right size. Finding that took all day.

The great news is we found it in one size too big for her, which is just what we wanted. Hopefully that's all she'll grow in 7 Months and 2 weeks!

Here's the best news. The dress is so puffy that it's going to take up a whole suitcase on it's own! :rotfl2: I guess I'm not a very practical mom when it comes to crusin'.

I hope all y'all that come in for extra park time have fun before the cruise. I guess if we were flying cross country to be here we would too. We've stayed at value resorts and had a fine time but lately we just stay off park. Shhh don't tell.

becka
04-23-2006, 11:08 AM
Well we keep going back and forth but now DH is sounding like he wants up to go ahead and keep our reservations for the 12/9 cruise. Most of the time it sounds like a wonderful idea but I do get stressed thinking about handling both of the kids for a week. It could go very, very well but it also could be so stressful. We had a good time on the 4 day so we probably should just go for it.

I don't know if we could really do any excursions because of my kids ages (4 and almost 2) so we would be spending lots of time on the ship. The two CC days will be nice because my kids loved the beach in February.

We have discussed making this an adults only trip but then I am afraid I would feel guilty. Ideally it could be adults only for 3 days or so and then we could have family time but that doesn't quite work. LOL! :)

jordanyosh
04-23-2006, 11:53 AM
Thanks to everyone for the advice. I will probably stay at POP.

klineyqueen
04-23-2006, 12:32 PM
Penny - I hope you get some scrappers to respond! I will send you a message but count me in!

Jordan - Good Choice on Pop!

brack
04-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Well, I can now say that I survived DC on my own with the kids...I need to find a Tshirt for that! :)

Congratulations on a good trip to DC.

We lived in that area for over 10 years and I think you saw more of the sites in two days than we saw in the whole ten years.

The kids will remember that trip for a very long time. Good job!:thumbsup2

brack
04-23-2006, 05:24 PM
Fellow Scrapbookers?

I pose a question to all of you who are scrapbookers. Would you be interested in a DCL page kit (four or five pieces) swap, Interested?

We would do enought kits for those who sign up and we would bring them packed up as usual (each persons kit in a baggie, than all in a larger baggie, labeled with maker's name) bring them to the ship and then the hostess would sort and give back the kits to the participants on the ship.

Please let me know if you would be interested. pennydegeer@rogers.com

Penny

I know that my DW and I would be interested.

Also, I was talking to my DW about doing a scrapbook where as many of us as wanted to did a personal page that we all shared. In other words if 8 of us wanted to share pages we do 8 pages (front & back) exactly the same. Then we would share these pages with the 7 others as a start to our whole cruise scrapbook.The pages could be before and/or after plus we could do a page for the "meet" (both at Jellyrolls and on the ship). Any thoughts?

BuzzBoyMom
04-24-2006, 02:19 AM
Yup - it is 2:30 AM on the east coast and I'm having a restless night. It started with hearing "noises" in the house...woke my DH to check it out....started thinking about all the things I need to do and can't get back to sleep.

SOOOOOO....I log on the disboards just in time to rescue us from going to the second page.

Okay, now I have to catch up on everyone's posts..

BuzzBoyMom
04-24-2006, 02:34 AM
Okay, that wasn't too bad.

Penny - thanks for the offer, but the scrapbooking bug never bit me...it amazes all my friends. But good luck to you and the others. Sounds like a great idea.

Lisa - sounds like a great trip to DC and I think it is neat that you guys hooked up while there. That's the disboards spirit!!

klineyqueen
04-24-2006, 08:02 AM
Brack - I am up for any scrapbooking ideas! Let me know! I wish we could meet at Jellyrolls but we have 2 little kids! Isn't that just a bar? We never went over to the boardwalk. Maybe this trip...

scarlett873
04-24-2006, 10:34 AM
Tell me about it!!! The original idea was for my whole family to go on the cruise, as we have always talked about doing Disney during Christmas, but alas, my sister and brother punked out on us, so now I'm stuck with both my obnoxious father (I love him, I really do!) and my even more obnoxious father-in-law on my own :confused3 But hey, its a big boat, right ;)
Not trying to crash the party here...but hey!! I saw that!! ;)

And for the record...you know I would go with you in a heartbeat...but your future niece would appreciate it if we waited until we could bring her home from China so she could go too! :teeth:

Have fun with Daddy! :rotfl:

pjpoohbear
04-24-2006, 12:08 PM
I know that my DW and I would be interested.

Also, I was talking to my DW about doing a scrapbook where as many of us as wanted to did a personal page that we all shared. In other words if 8 of us wanted to share pages we do 8 pages (front & back) exactly the same. Then we would share these pages with the 7 others as a start to our whole cruise scrapbook.The pages could be before and/or after plus we could do a page for the "meet" (both at Jellyrolls and on the ship). Any thoughts?

The kit swap would be pretty much the same idea, but without the background page, each member would do enough kits for each participatant. And each kit would have the elements to complete a page or two on the theme picked. I chose kits because they can be packed up smaller then a pre-done page. I will post a sign up in a couple of weeks, but will e-mail all those who have expressed interest up to that time, before I post and others can join when they see the post.

Can I do it with this thread or is there another better way to do this, i.e. a yahoo or google group linked in the sign up post, etc?

pjpoohbear
04-24-2006, 12:11 PM
I will set up a google group for this project and will post information there, and a link here when the sign up are open.

Penny

MrsMork
04-24-2006, 07:43 PM
Not much of a scrapper here. AND I found us on page two!! :confused3

MommyMinnie
04-24-2006, 08:14 PM
Well we keep going back and forth but now DH is sounding like he wants up to go ahead and keep our reservations for the 12/9 cruise. Most of the time it sounds like a wonderful idea but I do get stressed thinking about handling both of the kids for a week. It could go very, very well but it also could be so stressful. We had a good time on the 4 day so we probably should just go for it.

I don't know if we could really do any excursions because of my kids ages (4 and almost 2) so we would be spending lots of time on the ship. The two CC days will be nice because my kids loved the beach in February.

We have discussed making this an adults only trip but then I am afraid I would feel guilty. Ideally it could be adults only for 3 days or so and then we could have family time but that doesn't quite work. LOL! :)

Bring them chillin'... If you need any encouragement visit http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=842460 and see all the pictures of kids on the cruise. It just makes me wish I started taking DD sooner.

Oh yeah, Cynbare is bringing an extra set of grandparents if you need them.

Have I caused you enough trouble yet Cynbare? OK I'll stop. :love:

lbgraves
04-24-2006, 08:58 PM
Brack - I am up for any scrapbooking ideas! Let me know! I wish we could meet at Jellyrolls but we have 2 little kids! Isn't that just a bar? We never went over to the boardwalk. Maybe this trip...

We have kids also but it looks like the kids are going to have a party upstairs while we are downstairs. Kristina has offered their suite at Boardwalk for everyone to drop off their little ones. Her DD will be 13, GoofyFD has a teen DD, and there are a couple others too. Snacks, Disney DVDs...they may have more fun than we do. ;) We will only be a phone call away too. :)

lbgraves
04-24-2006, 09:04 PM
Becka, we went on our first DC when the kids were just 3 & 5. DS loved the clubs but DD didn't want to leave us very much. We had the most relaxing vacation EVER on the 7 day. :) You can take the 2 yo to the oceanear club if you stay with her. We didn't go on excursions for the first two cruises either...and only went to the Butterfly farm on own last time. We were able to enjoy the Mickey pool with very few other kids. :) Everything is still running on the ship when it is in port...just the shops are closed.

lbgraves
04-24-2006, 10:34 PM
Hey!!!!!!

I come back from DC and everyone stops talking? ;) I just did the changes on the site...hope that it helps everyone. Please check to make sure that your info & name is with the right picture. I had to copy each item seperately to change the format so it is possible that I mixed up a couple. I have also added the JR DISmeet for Friday night with a link to the meets thread for that. :) Anyone who plans to attend just post here or LMK. :) Also, if you will need a sitter or have a teen who will sit for those of us who need one...LMK so that we can make sure that this is a possibility. :cheer2:

MrsMork
04-24-2006, 10:39 PM
Hey! We are grandparents too! Should be alot of us on board to help out abit. :grouphug: And I have it on good authority that Jordan is VERY good with children. Saw it with my own eyes at dinner last year. ::yes::

jordanyosh
04-24-2006, 11:08 PM
I am around....kind of. I am actually starting to get excited about the cruise........I was trying to figure out today what I would do on board (besides wandering around).

jordanyosh
04-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Thanks Angie...... :teeth: