PDA

View Full Version : Tooth fairy at WDW?

MichelleinMaine
04-12-2008, 09:15 PM
DD7 has a tooth ready to pop any minute. She says she's waiting to yank it til WDW because then Tinkerbell
can come. (I dunno, apparently the tooth fairy can't invade another fairy's turf? I'm not sure, lol.)

Just as a hypothetical... does anyone know what Tink the Tooth fairy might bring? :rolleyes1 (Something inexpensive, but somehow more magical than the regular t.f.?)

(If the tooth is out before the trip, I've asked the t.f. to leave a couple Disney Dollars.):thumbsup2

Stacieb
04-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Maybe get some glitter [pixie dust] to sprinkle around the room..

stopher1
04-12-2008, 09:27 PM
This has happened to us twice...with each son. Since we knew it was imminent and might just happen while at WDW - we just brought something with us. Our boys didn't get "Tink" though, just the normal tooth fairy. It was no surprise for them to receive something "so far away from home" though, since they'd been visited by the tooth fairy numerous times in other places previously and always received the same kind of "surprise" whereever they happened to be. Good luck to you!

dfarner
04-12-2008, 09:35 PM
DD7 has a tooth ready to pop any minute. She says she's waiting to yank it til WDW because then Tinkerbell
can come. (I dunno, apparently the tooth fairy can't invade another fairy's turf? I'm not sure, lol.)

Just as a hypothetical... does anyone know what Tink the Tooth fairy might bring? :rolleyes1 (Something inexpensive, but somehow more magical than the regular t.f.?)

(If the tooth is out before the trip, I've asked the t.f. to leave a couple Disney Dollars.):thumbsup2

Don't know how you could work it, but the World of Disney Store at DTD sells tooth fairy pillows. The one we have has the princesses on it, but I'm not sure if they sell Tink pillows exclusively. We purchased it in the section back by where the jewelry and kitchen items are sold (don't know if it's still sectioned like that). I'm sure you could go in and tell them what you're looking for and they could find it for you. I hope it works out for you.

fan_of_small_world
04-12-2008, 09:41 PM
My DD's best friend lost a tooth in WDW. The tooth fairy brought her one of the Disney princess dolls - I think it was the Barbie-type doll. Of course, now DD wants the TF to visit HER on our next trip. So, she's decided to leave a note for her (the next time she loses one) asking her to come to WDW and leave her something there, lol!

karliebug
04-13-2008, 08:41 AM
Disney Dollars, of course!

Minnie_me
04-13-2008, 09:37 AM
My DD lost a tooth at Disney World, and the tooth *fairy* was of course - TINKERBELL! It was cool, since she lost a tooth right before we went, and the tooth fairy left a note saying, "Tell Tinkerbell I said hi!"

So Tink paid DD a visit and left her a pin for her Tinkerbell hat.

MichelleinMaine
04-13-2008, 11:35 AM
The tooth pillow might actually be doable because my parents will be there a couple days before us/could pick it up. (Lots of great ideas for backups too!)

And I'll have to bring the pixie dust- of course!!pixiedust:

mylilnikita
04-13-2008, 04:46 PM
I heard the TF and Tinkerbell are sisters.:thumbsup2

Stephres
04-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Tinkerbelle brought my daughter earrings when she lost her tooth while we were in Disney. :)

maxiesmom
04-13-2008, 07:17 PM
My niece lost a tooth at Disney once. Scared the crap out of me, because she was walking with me and her brother, and she just started bleeding from her mouth. I thought her mom was going to kill me, I had her kid 10 minutes and she is bleeding! It was a family vacation, I was there with my sis, her family, and our parents.

The tooth fairy gave my niece around $8 for that one tooth. Seems she made multiple visits that night.;)

Astro Orbiter
04-13-2008, 10:02 PM
DD lost a tooth two weeks ago in Disney. Sitting at dinner, thankfully at AKL's counter service place, not in the middle of the park or at a nice dinner!

After a family discussion, we decided that the tooth fairy might get confused by having to come to the hotel and not the house, and that we should hold the tooth (for 24 hours) so the tooth fairy could come to home. The tooth fairy brings 2 gold dollars so she can save them up and spend them on something bigger.

...But then the tooth fairy got 'off schedule' and couldn't come the first night we were home. (And I got woken up at 6:30 with this piece of information!) Next night at 4:30 there was a wicked thunderstorm that got involved in some sort of bad dream. Sure enough, after I calmed her down she had to check if the tooth fairy had gotten to her yet! (Which she had!)

Deb

fan_of_small_world
04-13-2008, 11:17 PM
I heard the TF and Tinkerbell are sisters.:thumbsup2

Well, according to the substitute school nurse, there is more than one Tooth Fairy...so I can totally see where Tink might know her well.

How do I "know" this? You see, DD lost a tooth while we were walking in to school one day, so of course we had to stop in the nurse's office. The sub went on to tell DD that she should leave a glass of water for the TF to dip her wings in, and in the morning DD would see which fairy came, since the water would turn the color of her wings.

As if our TF doesn't have enough trouble remembering to get the tooth and leave money, now she has to remember to dip her wings and leave the water a pretty color, too! :rolleyes: