PDA

View Full Version : Help, Vist from Tinkerbell first night goodie bag?

disneydad78
04-12-2008, 09:37 PM
My wife and I are going to make a goodie bag from "TinkerBell". We are going to give it to them our first night at WDW. What do you put in your bags, or do you have any helpful ideas. We are going to put ponchos,glow sticks, sunscreen, but we are looking for some great ideas,,any help :surfweb:

dbarker
04-12-2008, 09:43 PM
I get us matching (or somewhat matching) t-shirts from the Disney Store before our trip. I fold and roll them and tie w/ ribbon.

Autograph book / fat pen. If you are waiting to get your autograph book at WDW, then at least the fat pen.

Disposable camera. Each child gets his own disposable camera. They can take whatever pics they want to and don't bug me too much about the digital camera.

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of right now.

Have fun.

WDWorBUST
04-12-2008, 10:51 PM
We do visits from Tink nightly.....so far for our next trip in September I have put up (note: I usually buy this on clearance dirt cheap or at least a really good sale)

Giselle nightdress & slippers
Giselle doll
Purple Princess Dress
Rosetta Costume & Shoes
Tink swim suit & swim shoes

I will fill in the other nights most likely with a beach towel or sunglasses when they go on sale cheap enough or some other end of summer stuff.....Maybe a summery dress or the teeny tiny squares that become washcloths or washmits.

I always try and do stuff that I would buy anyway or that they need for the trip....

MrsPooh
04-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Tink stops by our room nightly - some nights are bigger gifts than others.

I like to have the first gift arrive before bedtime the first night and it is usually Disney pjs.

The rest of the time it is usually a small gift bag with little Disney themed things - stuffed animals, note pads, pens and other things I find throughout the year on sale. Socks are fun too.

Crisgw
04-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Ooohhh, this is a great idea! Thanks for the idea :)

disneydad78
04-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Thanks, sunglasses and disposable camera,,forgot about that thanks,,keep them coming please..

Melissa
04-13-2008, 07:41 AM
If you have a Dollar Tree near you they have a lot of Disney stuff, I found the magic washcloths with tink , or Mickey also when we get a visit they put up Disney window clings on the mirrors, Dollar tree usually has a lot. On the Creative DIS board they made some wrappers that go over Hershey Nuggett
candies, you print it on an address lablel. Very cute. I love doing this and usually have Mickey leave a note and some small things most every night. One day Captain Jack left Pirate themed bath stuff and a note. One of the best things I found at DT was a light up Piglet pin that Mickey asked DD to wear to MNSSHP to help Piglet feel brave. She loved that! I also have done Disney Bathing suit and beach towel. My DD is 10 and still just loves this my DH says, what will happen when she goes to WDW on her honeymoon?She'll expect Mickey to send her a gift, maybe her new DH can take over!:rotfl:

momma of 2
04-13-2008, 07:48 AM
So do you have someone in the hotel bring it in or do you just leave it when they are not looking?

Breezie
04-13-2008, 07:55 AM
These are such cute ideas! I'm going to have remember them for when I have kids.

bas71873
04-13-2008, 08:20 AM
Maybe some Disney Dollars for them to spend??

Aliceacc
04-13-2008, 08:24 AM
How about snacks? Fanny packs if they don't already have them? (www.beltoutlet.com) mister fans? matching T shirts when they're on sale on the Disney store?

susykt4
04-13-2008, 12:32 PM
I wake up before everyone and do Tink gifts "Tooth Fairy style." They wake up to a surprise, but ONLY if they're good the day before and don't whine, cry and fight. (Works amazingly well.)

My kids are 5 & 7 and some of the things they have liked are Disney Band-aids, temporary tattoos, markers or small stationary sets, stickers, glow sticks. I've found lots of those "magic towels" at the Disney Store at the mall on clearance for a buck or less. I mostly use cheap stuff from WalMart or Dollar Tree, but I also have one or two surprise nights. Last trip we stayed at Pop Century and DD was really interested in Rubik's Cubes and DS fell in love with a Mickey baseball. I bought both at the Pop gift shop and they were completely amazed Tink knew they wanted these things.

DD7 completely believes in Tink and the surprises are likely her favorite part of our trip. It's really fun and worth the extra effort and the pain of bringing the stuff along.

lumpy08
04-13-2008, 01:28 PM
How about a disney tooth brushes and disney nightlight. I just saw some at our dollar store. Maybe set up as a routine thing for them to get to bed etc.

Aliceacc
04-13-2008, 01:28 PM
T shirts are on sale now at the Disney store online. They're $5, and if you spend $50 you can get 20% off. (COde: PLUTO) Spend $50 and you can also get $5 shipping through toniight I think. (Code: shipfor5)

I just bought a bunch for us-- they came to $3.80 a piece.

SharpMomOfTwo
04-13-2008, 01:32 PM
I can't believe no one said a bag of pixie dust! I would mix 3 parts of glitter to 1 part of sand and put it in a pretty little bag for her. Not much, you don't want to make a mess, but I think it will just add to the magic!!!

dbarker
04-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Tink visits us while we are out, in the parks. How?...I always "forget" something and have to make a quick trip back to our room. :lmao:

MamaOfTwoPrincesses
04-13-2008, 01:39 PM
The last time we went, I also left "Tink Treats" for each girl overnight, with little teeny tiny notes (Tink is a fairy after all) and a sprinkle of pixie dust! :wizard: They were just 5 and 1.5,

Some of the little things "Tink" left for the girls. She always came after everyone had gone to sleep or very early in the morning. ;)

Disney autograph books
small Princess flashlight
Disney themed Jibbitz
light up spinners that I got on clearance at the Disney Store for the parades
Tink/princess sunglasses
Tink/princess swimsuit
Tink/princess jammies
Tink/princess tee shirts
Small Minnie and Pooh plush for little one
Princess/Pooh stickers
Pooh figures I found at discount store (like Little People)
Disney dollars

Plus, a few trinkets that DD discovered in the stores at WDW, like an Alice pin and Ariel necklace (I loved her reaction, "HOW did Tinker Bell know that I wanted that?!")

In addition, I made up scrolls and invitations for each of the special events and meals that we attended. My DD was expecially excited by the events that we had scheduled on her 5th birthday (CRT, BBB, and Cinderella dinner.)

disney[xo]sweetie
04-13-2008, 02:46 PM
if you have a target, sometimes they have a "dollar-aisle" (maybe this is just our target?) where they have fun little things for a dollar. just random stuff, like little sunglasses, or notepads, or even little stuffed animals. the dollar store probably has little stuff like that. and dont overthink it. it doesnt have to be disney-themed, or someting they can use in the parks, little ones just get a kick out of stuff, period.

goldenears
04-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Love the Pixie Dust idea :)
If your kids have Crocs Tink could leave them Disney Jibbitz.

Can't wait to do this for my DDs on our next trip :)

lwartberg
04-13-2008, 03:59 PM
Tink will be visiting us nightly as well.

For the first day "Mickey and Minnie" will leave a "Welcome Basket" , for that I have picked up/ or collected:
Large Mickey cup
Small Simba cups (to be used as bowls for cereal in mornings)
Mickey sleep shirts
Disney straws
Mickey and ariel Light up pens
Donald and Minnie Bouncy balls
Disney Magnet
Disney Magic towels
Mickey/ Minnie lollipops
Princess and Mickey Shaped Notebooks w/ pens
Princesses and Cars night lights

For the rest of the nights Tink will visit I have:
Lanyards
Flashy pins( 1 for each day)
Character Figurines (1 for each day)
Character Pez dispensers (1 for each day)
Ariel Lip gloss/ Cars chapstick
Misc. Disney themed candy (1 foreach day)
Socks (1 for each day)
Tink and Princesses Hair ties
Mickey mouse pencils
Beanie baby type animals for our day at AK
Princesses Hairbrush/Mirroer set
Disney towels (for water parks)
Disney sunglasses

Most of the stuff my kids got at Christmas. I made Disney Baskets with most of the neccessities:My daugthers was Princess themed and my son's was General Disney themed (Harder to find stuff for a 10 yr old boy than a 6 yr old girl!!)
Princesses and POTC Drawstring backpacks
Disney Notebooks
DisneyCrayons
Disney markers
Disney Autograph books
Large disney Autograph pens
Disney Coloring books
Umbrellas
Misting fans
Water bottle coolers
Stickers

Each night in the parks I will give them the light up toys that I have picked up:
Light up lei's
light up lei straws
spinners from Disney store
earings
necklaces
rings
glasses
wands
light sabers

Holy Cow I've been doing ALOT of shopping!!!:eek: :laughing: :rolleyes1
99% of the stuff I got at the dollar store so it's not too bad!!:rolleyes:

PrincessRora
04-13-2008, 08:06 PM
These are such wonderful ideas. My sister and I never thought about this and we think it would be a wonderful tradition to start for my neice, as we're both avid disney goers and this is her first (of many to come) trips to disney. Does anyone have ideas for 1.5 year olds?

hvnlyrn_21
04-14-2008, 12:07 AM
I so want to do this for my kids. My daughter is 5 and would absolutely love this. Any ideas for my 10 year old son though?

MamaOfTwoPrincesses
04-14-2008, 08:38 AM
These are such wonderful ideas. My sister and I never thought about this and we think it would be a wonderful tradition to start for my neice, as we're both avid disney goers and this is her first (of many to come) trips to disney. Does anyone have ideas for 1.5 year olds?

See my list above. My younger DD was 1.5 at our last visit. I tried to theme the gifts based on our days - so the day after we went to Crystal Palace, she got a tiny stuffed Pooh Bear.

stickers
mini stuffed Pooh
mini stuffed Minnie
Little People-like Pooh characters

Terry36
04-14-2008, 10:29 AM
I like these ideas....

disneydad78
04-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Thank you everyone ,,we have some great ideas to add to the bags,!!

SavannahBetsy
04-14-2008, 05:05 PM
I so want to do this for my kids. My daughter is 5 and would absolutely love this. Any ideas for my 10 year old son though?

do u have a $ tree? they have pirates of the carb. sunblock, boy tattoos, cars markers

sueh
04-14-2008, 05:48 PM
I just went to the $tree. It's hit or miss there.
They never have any pins :(
but I did get a bunch of other things:
I got a Mickey Mouse bag
stickers
Window Clings
4 face clothes (2 princess & 2 Mickey mouse)
A lion King Nitelight they did have princess ones too
a bunch of glow sticks. I will pick up more but now that they nicer weather is coming they will probably go fast.
Princess Lip gloss
Princess ring candy

I also picked up some Disney fairy sunglasses at Walmart.
I would like to pick them up some sort of pj's and also a towel.

nineandcounting
04-15-2008, 05:14 PM
T shirts are on sale now at the Disney store online. They're $5, and if you spend $50 you can get 20% off. (COde: PLUTO) Spend $50 and you can also get $5 shipping through toniight I think. (Code: shipfor5)

I just bought a bunch for us-- they came to $3.80 a piece.

Where did you find the $5 shirts? I can't find them on the website :(

MNFootballMommy
04-15-2008, 05:32 PM
Where did you find the $5 shirts? I can't find them on the website :(

They are there--under the Spring Sale mdse. Usually shows up on the right side of your screen.

holly7347
04-15-2008, 10:28 PM
I found some disney stuff at our local Dollar Tree. I got some princess shaped chalk, tops (the spinning kind ;) ), light up yo-yo's, and some jig saw puzzles that all had disney princess on them. I also got some mickey jig saw puzzles there and some glow sticks/necklaces etc. They also had princess flash cards and disney coloring books.

I recently got a couple disney t-shirts for each DD when the disney store was running them at $4.99.

DD has also been bugging me about buying this cinderella thing from the disney store. It is sort of like a polly pocket. The figures are all minature size and I think it had a carriage and the prince as well as cinderella. And it had clothes and other items that snapped on and off. I have a 15% off coupon so I may sneak out and buy one before my coupon expires and save it for the trip.

DD just found some gym shoes she loved at payless that were princess and they lit up. She said she wanted to wear them when we visited Cinderella's castle so I bought them a size bigger since we aren't going until October. But she couldn't wait and started wearing them to school right away.

Oh I also got them each a light weight rain coat with Ariel on it from Target. It is more like poncho material but a trimmer fit with sleeves and a snap up front. I think the girls will be happier with those if it rains rather than an actual poncho.

Stinkerbell317
04-15-2008, 10:52 PM
I pick things up all year long when the Disney Store has big clearance sales. You know how a lot of the items they have are 2 for $20 or 3 for $12? Well, one year they increased the number of items by 1, but kept the price the same. For example I got 3 of their big, really soft plush characters for $20, and 4 of the snow globe tumblers for $12!!! I'm STILL working my way thru the stuff I got at that sale, and it was probably 2 years ago! Just keep your eyes and ears open for their big sales and keep a stock of items to draw from not only for WDW goodie bags, but for bdays, Xmas, Easter, etc.

#1 Pocahontas
04-16-2008, 12:17 AM
Tink always leaves Disney Toothbrushes and Tinkerbell Toothpaste during our first day in the park. She also leaves Tinkerbell bubble bath.

Other than that she leaves whatever she might find on clearance. LOL

She always leaves pixie dust every where she walks and if you look close you can see her footprints in it. ;)

nineandcounting
04-16-2008, 06:56 AM
Thanks so much! Found them :)

MNFootballMommy
04-16-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks so much! Found them :)

Good!:goodvibes
I double checked before I posted because sometimes, you know, things get all crazy over there and things are moved around or gone...;)

princesscate
05-13-2008, 08:40 PM
What a wonderful idea . . . my DD 4 loves tink! I'll have to start shopping!
Do any of you make a bag or is everything left out in the open?

MNFootballMommy
05-13-2008, 09:29 PM
"Tink" left ours on a low shelf in the room and sprinkled pixie dust around as well. She had left a little Tink doll (think Polly pocket) the first night and so she was left with the gifts each night. Even now, if DD has done something 'above and beyond,' the Tink doll will appear next to a special gift and some pixie dust...so she knows Tink is always watching!:tinker:

luvmy3
05-13-2008, 10:03 PM

For my ds 7 I am doing a Pirates of The Caribbean theme basket. I got him a shirt, swim trunks, POTC books and stickers, crayons and POTC sunscreen. I found alot of stuff at the dollar store.
He doesn't really like any other Disney characters.

My ds 4 will be getting POTC stuff and Cars stuff, dd 10 will be getting all things Tink.

I also got some trading pins and a lanyard for each, so if your ds would like to trade pins that is a good gift :thumbsup2

adell557
05-13-2008, 10:07 PM
I can't believe no one said a bag of pixie dust! I would mix 3 parts of glitter to 1 part of sand and put it in a pretty little bag for her. Not much, you don't want to make a mess, but I think it will just add to the magic!!!

I put the "pixie dust" around the gift, I use the sanding glitter from joann's. I also if you have a DD put in a little "vile" of pixie dust glitter for the hair!

lumpy08
05-14-2008, 08:43 AM
I went to Michael's this week and they have a tube of glow bracelets for $1.00. I think there are 15 inside. The nice part is that the tube is hard so they won't get bent in packing in your luggage.

princesscate
05-14-2008, 08:41 PM
great idea . . . pixie dust! and i think a trip to michael's is in order . . . i hope I can find those bracelets!

brockscandy
05-14-2008, 11:10 PM
My parents are coming with us in December for their first trip to WDW. I would love to make a sack of Tink goodies for them. Any ideas for the adults on the trip at Christmas?

familyfirsttimer
05-15-2008, 09:20 AM
I just wanted to jump in and say that I did visits from all different characters and also I did not do something every night, I did not want my kids to come to expect it, I wanted ot to truly be a surprise.

I did Minnie dresses when we got there(that I had already bought and planned for them to wear to Chef Mickey) I had downloaded the Minnie font and left a note saying to see them tonight at Chef mickeys. My DD9 still talks about how we would have never been able to get into Chef mickeys if Minnie hadn't made the arrangements! LOL! What's really funny is that I didn't realize she didin't know we were going to CM, I thought I told them we were doing it for dinner again out 1st night! Just a little more Disney magic.

I left Princess fruit snacks from Cinderella the night we had lunch at CRT with a note thanking them for coming to lunch today.

Just wanted to mention a few ideas, I had read so many of these threads and got inspiried. The main thing is, it doesn't have to be big but the personalized stuff really make it special. You just have to do a little work at home before you leave! The Walt font if fun too because they really have no idea that a "regauler" person could have that type of print!

Good luck and have fun!

princesscate
05-16-2008, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE=lumpy08;25100497]I went to Michael's this week and they have a tube of glow bracelets for $1.00. I think there are 15 inside. QUOTE]

Looked at the Michaels' by my house . . . couldn't find any nor anyone that could help :confused3 . . . what section exactly . . . . i have another michaels i could look at

lumpy08
05-16-2008, 11:17 PM
light up bracelets: They were in the 4th of July section. It was in the black wire type bins that they set up in the middle of the isle when you first walk into the store.

I also found: jump ropes (mcqueen and princess), bouncy balls (power ranger too!), yo yo's.

When I buy something I make sure they have the same item for both a boy and girl.

familyfirsttimer
05-17-2008, 08:02 AM
These can be found at Dollar Tree as well. The glow sticks for sure-tons of different styles. They also usually have lots of Disney stuff, little toys, stickers, stationary, etc.

erebus_0
05-17-2008, 07:23 PM

I was thinking as I read this "wouldn't it be fun to sprinkle a litte pixie dust around the bag and near the door, to make the experience real." I had freinds who wouls make easter bunny foot prints around their kids baskets. A little messy but a lot of fun.:tink:

princesscate
05-17-2008, 09:24 PM
light up bracelets: They were in the 4th of July section. It was in the black wire type bins that they set up in the middle of the isle when you first walk into the store.

I didn't see them . . . I'll check again! Thanks so much!

nettii
05-18-2008, 08:48 AM
I always do Pixie dust and when DS was 5 he sprinkled it on stuff and us to see if we could fly:cloud9: PRICLESS!

I do some candy too just one pack for them to stick in their own pocket for the day. I have been lucky to find these lil pop can Candy's that are carbonated each time we have gone a lil tradition has started. This time I found jelly beans in a small pop bottle tastes like 7 up.

Good luck and have fun!:goodvibes

MamaOfTwoPrincesses
05-18-2008, 11:00 AM
We did this on our last trip (my list of ideas is towards the beginning of this post.) I am thinking of just picking up a few small things ahead of time for our next trip. THEN I will buy the small things that the girls oooh and ahhh over in the Disney gift shops while we are there to minimize overbuying at the parks. They will be so surprised when Tink brings that pen or necklace that they just saw the day before! "How did she know I wanted that!" pixiedust:

lwartberg
06-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Bump!!:)

mikymouse
06-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Tink left P.J.s on the kids beds on our first night, they found them when we returned from dinner.

lumpy08
06-13-2008, 01:57 AM
My Dollar Tree finds this week:

Star wars: Splash Disk (they had one with storm trooper and one of the ships)
They also had star wars Flying disks - little frizbees.

Silly puddy - In various princess or cars containers - thought this would be a good thing to keep kids busy when in a nicer TS restaurant.

I found Volume 1-6 of the Princess books. Of course I bought all 6.
1- Cinderella
2- The Little Mermaid
3- Beauty and the Beast
4- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
5- Sleeping Beauty
6- Aladdin

I looked on ebay and it looks like there are 6 more to the set: (They didn't have these at DollarTree
7- Cinderella - My Perfect Wedding
8- The Little Mermaid - Dreams Under the Sea
9- Beauty - Getting to Know You
10- Snow White - Two Hearts as One
11- Prince Aurora - A Moment to Remember
12- Jazmin - One True Love

tmdart
06-13-2008, 10:50 AM
On our last trip we booked a pirate adventure for our DS 4 and my husband made him a pirate treasure chest that we filled with POTC shorts and shirt, tattoos, a disposable camera, and a treasure map telling him how to get to the cruise. Here is a link to a picture of the treasure chest along with the mailbox he made for the letters we wrote him each night from different characters from the parks.
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/showphoto.php/photo/31819/sort/3/cat/500/page/1

tmdart
06-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Sorry the picture didn't show up. Here is the link.
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/showphoto.php/photo/31819/sort/3/cat/500/page/1 :confused3

stillsmiling04@comca
06-13-2008, 12:06 PM
These are such great ideas! But I have a hard time finding things for my 8 year old DS. Maybe I'll start making weekly trips to the $ store. Our Disney store is closing so that won't work. I did get us all (me, DH, DS) new shirts when disney online did the sale with $5 tshirts. Maybe I can use that as a new outfit each day or something. :confused: :confused:

tink76
06-13-2008, 05:39 PM
"Tink" left ours on a low shelf in the room and sprinkled pixie dust around as well. She had left a little Tink doll (think Polly pocket) the first night and so she was left with the gifts each night. Even now, if DD has done something 'above and beyond,' the Tink doll will appear next to a special gift and some pixie dust...so she knows Tink is always watching!:tinker:

I love this idea!