PDA

View Full Version : Yavn lied again I guess

SharkMeal
04-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Yavn said they would run the game normally and release new items on the
weekends up until closure of VMK..

It's 11:04 EST and all I see on the homepage is ads about footbase season,
which those items are already out. Ned's section is unchanged.

Capn_Suite
04-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Yep, Yavn is a lair. :\

vmkfan13
04-11-2008, 10:08 PM
I bet yavn doesn't exist, he's just a bunch of people or a person with many personalities.

ihavewaycutecats
04-11-2008, 10:15 PM
:sad2:

Help_me_know
04-11-2008, 10:33 PM
there was a rumor going around about 5 months ago that yavn quit vmk? I think it is staff writing his colom and that they are closing vmk and blaming him!

gavinrockstar
04-11-2008, 10:41 PM
I think you all need to realize something Yavn might be a lier. However his game is being closed and he is losing his job as well as the rest of vmk staff.

awesomepatty-cake
04-11-2008, 10:45 PM
Didn't Yavn mention a while ago he has been helping them with POTCO I'm sure he mentioned that so I don't think you have to worry about him.

VMK_Mouse
04-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Something to bare in mind....when Bella's specials came out earlier this week, a lot of people were complaining about VMK releasing items knowing that everything would be gone soon....now the complaint is that they have not released anything.

Perhaps that ever-complaining no matter what they do plays contribution to their decision and weighs in heavily when trying to decide if they want to waste manpower and hours on codes that people many complain about either way.

Just a thought. ;)

MissAriel
04-11-2008, 11:15 PM
Yavn needs to get things straight. I'm tired of waiting for new items that aren't even going to come:sad2:

tinkryansmom
04-11-2008, 11:47 PM
Something to bare in mind....when Bella's specials came out earlier this week, a lot of people were complaining about VMK releasing items knowing that everything would be gone soon....now the complaint is that they have not released anything.

Perhaps that ever-complaining no matter what they do plays contribution to their decision and weighs in heavily when trying to decide if they want to waste manpower and hours on codes that people many complain about either way.

Just a thought. ;)

::yes::

taz
04-11-2008, 11:56 PM
I bet yavn doesn't exist, he's just a bunch of people or a person with many personalities.

I thought that too.

SharkMeal
04-12-2008, 05:59 AM

Just a thought. ;)

Hey, I NEVER complained about releasing new things with the time we had.
I wanted my last days of VMK to be normal and great!

And why are we talking about who Yavn is? It doesn't matter who he is in
real life but the virtual Yavn, whether he's real or not, did lie about it and
lied about a WHOLE lot of other things as well.

Kairi-Angel
04-12-2008, 06:00 AM
Yavn needs to get things straight. I'm tired of waiting for new items that aren't even going to come:sad2:

Same here, i'm really disappointed.:headache:

TinkPinkPoem
04-12-2008, 06:30 AM
Yavn said they would run the game normally and release new items on the
weekends up until closure of VMK..

It's 11:04 EST and all I see on the homepage is ads about footbase season,
which those items are already out. Ned's section is unchanged.

In fact they released the two Peter Pan flats.

Maybe that's the new items they were talking about? :confused3 Those were released with some delay.

But yeah, so much for "the future of vmk" and the "big surprise for the game's 3rd birthday":sad2:

OneDisney
04-12-2008, 06:34 AM
Just because they're not on the homepage doesn't mean they aren't going to be released. I remember when we'd get new things on Friday and wouldn't know what it was, or even if we'd get anything.

Lovela
04-12-2008, 06:37 AM
I don't know what to say..

Well, I do. It doesn't matter if Yavn does exist or not. But, it takes a while to make new items or release them. I know they promised they would take it on this time and date, but do you always arrive to a party at 5, sharp? Okay, well some of you do, but some of you don't, correct? Just like the hosts and Yavn.

llama62
04-12-2008, 07:21 AM
The neds shop info comes out on Fridays, but the items come out on Saturday (today). We'll just have to wait another hour or so.

WWEDUDE
04-12-2008, 07:23 AM
I didn't check but was Footbase items sold throughout the week? If not perhaps they will be bringing them back. But I really hope for some new items, what would be very sweet is a "shop button" like hosts have, access to all the items, huzzah!

Kairi-Angel
04-12-2008, 07:25 AM
I didn't check but was Footbase items sold throughout the week? If not perhaps they will be bringing them back. But I really hope for some new items, what would be very sweet is a "shop button" like hosts have, access to all the items, huzzah!

Oh that would be awesome.:thumbsup2 :goodvibes

SharkMeal
04-12-2008, 07:33 AM
In fact they released the two Peter Pan flats.

Maybe that's the new items they were talking about? :confused3 Those were released with some delay.

But yeah, so much for "the future of vmk" and the "big surprise for the game's 3rd birthday":sad2:

Those were Bella Special items. Not the new weekly Saturday items.

Just because they're not on the homepage doesn't mean they aren't going to be released. I remember when we'd get new things on Friday and wouldn't know what it was, or even if we'd get anything.

Yeah hopefully just because they weren't on the homepage doesn't mean
we won't be getting anything.. but Yavn promised Ned's section would continue to be updated with new Saturday items every week until close.

Yes they were sold throughout the week.

NedsTJ
04-12-2008, 07:48 AM
I'm not surprised. Think about it. You've been told this week that the project you've been working on and with for the last 2-3 years is being canceled. In fact, you might have even been told your new assigment. Despite the dictate from management that the project continue until it actually closes...what sort of motivation is there to actually put any effort into something your bosses certainly want to see closed (whether is driven monetarily, politically or "promotionally")? I doubt that if an item was ready to be released that any work on it will be done to "finish it off" and release it.

On that same note, I wouldn't be surprised if any host games come off on time this morning (not sure if anything is scheduled) or for that matter if VMK actually opens on time, on a saturday morning, after the friday night of the week you've been told your current job has been "eliminated"....I know what I'd be doing that night....and waking up early the next morning would not be a high priority, even if I can do it from home!! LOL!

caribbound
04-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Why bother getting so bothered over a few new items that may or may not be available to use for just a month? Focus your energies on something positive.
FWIW: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1788991

SharkMeal
04-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Why bother getting so bothered over a few new items that may or may not be available to use for just a month? Focus your energies on something positive.
FWIW: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1788991

Because I would like my final month experience of VMK to be normal, I don't
want it to be focused on "oh no VMK is closing we're not going to release
anything because there's no point". Just IMO ;)

And I think the Mr. Toad's Car Magic Spell is amazing!!

EDIT: I just read there are new items out today after all, it's all very cool! Great work VMK!
Make our final days our best!

GoofyGeggy
04-12-2008, 02:53 PM
For those of you who responded so negatively so very quickly, please remember this thread the next time you're so quick to call someone a liar.

I know it's easy because emotions are running a little higher with this game right now, but there's a human behind the Yavn avatar. All most people have done for a long time is complain about VMK. I'd be tired of it if I were him, and I sure wouldn't want to be called a liar over something that hasn't even happened yet. ;)

vmkfan13
04-12-2008, 03:02 PM
For those of you who responded so negatively so very quickly, please remember this thread the next time you're so quick to call someone a liar.

I know it's easy because emotions are running a little higher with this game right now, but there's a human behind the Yavn avatar. All most people have done for a long time is complain about VMK. I'd be tired of it if I were him, and I sure wouldn't want to be called a liar over something that hasn't even happened yet. ;)

yavn is just learning, don't make promises.

Dizneemad
04-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Try looking in the magic shop and you will see some new items

GoofyGeggy
04-12-2008, 03:09 PM
yavn is just learning, don't make promises.

I find that response very self-righteous. There's no need to respond that way or feel that way. To me, it's these types of threads and your response that will make not having VMK so much better. I'm tired of having to read all the whining and complaining over a free virtual game. Such entitlement... :rolleyes:

CelebrationNM
04-12-2008, 03:14 PM
Fortunately, come May 21st, Yavn can both fulfill a promise he's made and never have to be called a liar or otherwise inconvenience VMK players again.

Plus, this new stuff is really cool!

BriarRosie
04-12-2008, 03:15 PM
I find that response very self-righteous. There's no need to respond that way or feel that way. To me, it's these types of threads and your response that will make not having VMK so much better. I'm tired of having to read all the whining and complaining over a free virtual game. Such entitlement... :rolleyes:

They are kids. Just sayin'. If I saw adults respond that way, I'd want to smack the adults with the V-8 forehead smack. ;)

Yankeegal5
04-12-2008, 03:18 PM
well they came out with new teleporters and a new magic Toad Magic! its so kewl!

Yankeegal5
04-12-2008, 03:21 PM
yavn (or the imposter yavn) techinaclly didnt lie to us :) bc there is new stuff

vmkfan13
04-12-2008, 03:35 PM
They are kids. Just sayin'. If I saw adults respond that way, I'd want to smack the adults with the V-8 forehead smack. ;)

I should have known better..