PDA

View Full Version : What have you lost at Disney?

thegrimdwarf
04-11-2008, 06:48 PM
And did it ever turn up at lost and found?

I used to be terrible about losing cameras. I went to Disney about a dozen times from age 9 to 15, and I lost a camera on at least half those trips. On one trip, I thought I got lucky because it was turned in at Epcot's lost and found, but when I got home and developed the pics, it was clear that someone else lost the same model of camera that I had, because their pics were at the beginning of the roll of film. I always wondered if they got my camera, lol.

And one time I lost 2 park tickets with 3 days each left on them (mine, and my cousin's). My dad was sooooo not happy with me.

My last trip was in 2000, and I was a real live grown-up - I managed to return home with everything I left with.

coolbeans
04-11-2008, 06:57 PM
on our last trip my cd case vanished! I'm not sure whatever happened to it. We know it was in the car on the way there, I think DH or I may have set it on top of the car when we were loading stuff and drove off. I was so upset because I am very picky on music and it was full of stuff that I love.

MichelleinMaine
04-11-2008, 07:39 PM
I have never lived down leaving my new sweatshirt in the Tomorrowland bathrooms in 1977. (I was 6, mind you!) We noticed and went right back in, but it was gone. I guess some one was really cold and snagged it, who knows!

I'm reminded of it every trip since!!

DisneyMissy318
04-11-2008, 08:02 PM
I lost a lot of money - I keep going back to see if I can find it - only to lose more! :confused3

El&Asmom
04-11-2008, 08:16 PM
On our first trip to AKL, dd was 18m old, and when we turned around, she threw her "my first trip to Disneyworld" t-shirt over the balcony.:eek: We contacted the front desk immediately, and they said that the savannah staff made one trip a day to pick up lost items thrown over balcony's. Of course it was the day we were leaving, so they said they would send it to us. Unfortunately they never did.
Dd2 and I were taking a picture by the lake at world showcase, when her Croc fell off and fell into the water. It was near the friendship boat pick up by Germany I think, and dh had to hop the fence and the Croc floated up to him so he was able to snag it out of the water. Everyone waiting for the boat cheered him on as he got it. I'm glad as they were brand new. Good thing they float.

okeydokey
04-11-2008, 08:23 PM
We almost lost our video camera. We left it on the floor at the old Tusker House at AK and went back for it 10 minutes later. the people who had the table after us were waiting for us to come back for it.

My DH took her waist pack off on the Dumbo ride. It never turned up again.

My Mom's charm holder came undone and she lost her cross and several charms, also never showed up.

We lost our mist fan and went to lost and found and there it was!!

Praise2Him
04-11-2008, 08:28 PM
Sadly, my cell phone with Minnie Mouse on the cover which was inside my Minnie Mouse holder. My fault, because it was attached to my fanny pack which I took off to take a photopass picture. Afterwards I didn't put it back on, but carried it and forgot to hook it together, so it slid off. We were at AK and actually on our way out of the park. I realized it when we were waiting at the bus stop, so immediately retraced our steps, but didn't find it. Reported it to Lost & Found - never got it. :sad1:

*KeepMovingForward*
04-11-2008, 08:30 PM
I lost a lot of money - I keep going back to see if I can find it - only to lose more! :confused3

Ahhhh...I see I"m not the only one! Hmmmm...possibly a conspiracy! :lmao:

Seriously though, aside from my wallet being lightened, I've lost a camera at DHS when I was buying Mickey bars and I left it on top of the cooler/stand. Luckily I realized a few minutes later and went running back for it-amazingly nobody had moved it from where I set it down! DD also lost some pins off her lanyard when we went on Dinosaur-I guess they came loose after being jostled around the ride. When she realized they were gone she was in tears and a very nice CM came over and let her pick out a few off her own lanyard to replace the ones we lost. So overall, aside from the money issue, we have fared out okay at Disney.

luvsmickeymouse
04-11-2008, 09:26 PM
My son lost his wallet at the Haunted Mansion. It got turned into lost and found, with the money still inside.

hvivona
04-11-2008, 09:44 PM
My son lost his wallet at the Haunted Mansion. It got turned into lost and found, with the money still inside.

So glad to hear there are still honest people in the world!!

Last year my 7yo lost her lanyard with about 20 pins. We checked several times that week but no one ever turned it in.

MamaOfTwoPrincesses
04-11-2008, 10:37 PM
My DD was in tears when she realized that the bracelet she had just gotten at the Perfectly Princess Tea Party was no longer on her wrist. We were in the MK, and I took her into a shop to try to find another one. We told a CM what had happened, and she let DD pick out a whole new bracelet + charms for free! That was a very very generous act, and I have tears now as I think about this! :love: :wizard:

DevilDuckie
04-11-2008, 10:47 PM
If anyone says "virginity" I may die laughing...

:rotfl2:

jennifermae
04-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Not what I lost, but what my seven year old lost. On our last park day we were at Epcot and she left her autograph book on one of the benches while we were waiting for the rest of the group to finish a ride. She had a whole week of autographs in the book.....
I have to give her credit though, she didnt throw a fit and didnt cry uncontrollably like I felt like doing... :sad:

Fortunately, Mommy had the good sense to write our address in it when we first bought it, so a couple of weeks after we returned she received a package from Disney...yes, it was her beloved book!:yay:

Only one problem, whomever found her book decided to add a couple "creative" autographs before turning it in.....IIRC, one was from a "Tina Transvestite"......try explaining that one to a 7 year old....:confused3

stopher1
04-11-2008, 10:53 PM

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: Me too!!!

mickeymaker2003
04-11-2008, 10:56 PM
I set down the tripod for our video camera and lost it. It was turned in to lost and found and I got it back the same day. It's a good thing it was found or my dh would have been very grumpy.

HALEYSMOMMOM
04-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Pal Mickey:sad1: No, it never got turned in:sad1: Yes, I actually cried:sad1: Yes, I'm definitely an adult:lmao:

JerseyMamaBear
04-11-2008, 11:23 PM
If anyone says "virginity" I may die laughing...

:rotfl2:

OMG!!!!!! THATS GREAT!!!!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Momvic5
04-11-2008, 11:42 PM
We lost our Pal Mickey at the East Depot of the POR. We realized it was missing within seconds of our bus ride, but it was gone when we ran back. It never turned up. I was so disappointed. Whoever found it had to know it belonged to a POR guest. :confused3 My children were so upset that we had to buy a second one! :scared1:

HeatherAnne
04-12-2008, 08:41 AM
Last May I lost my wallet in Epcot. I didn't realize it until we got back to BVC an hour later though. I rushed down to "guest services" in the lobby and told them what had happpened. They made a few calls over to Epcot and told me lost and found had the wallet. Someone had found it in Mexico! I then had to go over to the International Gateway to pick it up where " Epcot Guest Services" hand delivered it right to me. When I got the wallet back it had ALL my money still in it - including all my credit cards and our all park tickets - I couldn't beleive it! It was truly a Magical day! Only in Disney.....

HeatherAnne :) :) :)

pixiefairy
04-12-2008, 08:45 AM
9 long years ago, the last time we were at Disney ( I know, how sad ) my dh and I went to the Ghiradelli Ice Cream shop and he lost his license. It must have fallen out of his wallet while he paid. He didn't notice until later that night, so he called lost and found. I was frantic - I was sure he would not be boarding the plane with me to go home without the thing. They called us back a little later and they had it. I was shocked that it turned up. :thumbsup2

MrsPooh
04-12-2008, 09:42 AM
On our last trip my ten year old left her tink fanny pack with spending money and a camera in on the bus when we were heading back to Poly after a Grand Gathering Safari and Dinner at AK. It was late and the bus was nearly empty. We check lost & found every day but it was never turned in.

ZanneMarie
04-12-2008, 09:48 AM
My son left his very full lanyard of pins somewhere...we did not know if it was at the Pop dining area or on the bus to Epcot. We were sure it was gone. It was loaded with many LE and hard to find pins. We filed missing reports. The next day we got the call...it had been found!!!!!! It was returned with all pins there. We were thrilled.

Same trip...a few days later. My DD was roasting in her Sleeping Beauty dress so we took it off and stuffed it under the stroller. At some point during the day we noticed it was gone. I have to say I think someone took it while the stroller was parked. I think if it had fallen out we would have tripped on it while pushing the stroller. We reported it missing. Was never found.

One good, one bad. But all in all I am glad it was only the $20 dress that went permanently missing.

tyandbash
04-12-2008, 09:50 AM
A few years ago, my DH left his wallet in the safe at POP. We had checked out (going to OKW, so not actually leaving Disney). We were on our way to Magic Kingdom when we realized it. Got a bus back to POP, tried our room key and it didn't work anymore. When we went to the front desk to tell them, they called the maid who at first said she didn't find it!! My DH got very upset at that point because he knew it was in the safe. After about 45 minutes, the maid somehow found his wallet, but all of the money was gone!! The front desk said there was nothing they could do and we should just be happy to have the wallet back!!!

*Emily*
04-12-2008, 09:52 AM
I lost a tooth on Mr. Toads Wild Ride when I was 7. The tooth fairy even found me at fort wilderness, but I have a feeling Tink may have helped her out :tink:

Nina
04-12-2008, 09:54 AM
About 6 years ago my ds lost his autograph book. Lucky for us, we wrote our address in it & it was returned a few weeks later!!! :thumbsup2

On our last trip, I left my purse on Expedition Everest. I got off the ride & just left it there! My money, my camera, my cell phone, my license... everything was in there!! I had to wait a while, but they did find it!! Omg I was so nervous!!

EllaDisney
04-12-2008, 12:04 PM
My brother lost his wallet at the lake that had my late grandfather's license in it. It was really sad and he was so torn up about it like the whole trip. He was 10 at the time.

thegrimdwarf
04-12-2008, 12:07 PM
I lost a tooth on Mr. Toads Wild Ride when I was 7. The tooth fairy even found me at fort wilderness, but I have a feeling Tink may have helped her out :tink:

That's too cute!:flower3:

grlpwrd
04-12-2008, 12:12 PM
When I was 11 years old, I lost my bandanna on Splash Mountain in Disneyland.

I am still crushed about it - to this day. :guilty:

KibbyCat
04-12-2008, 12:32 PM
A few years ago, my DH left his wallet in the safe at POP. We had checked out (going to OKW, so not actually leaving Disney). We were on our way to Magic Kingdom when we realized it. Got a bus back to POP, tried our room key and it didn't work anymore. When we went to the front desk to tell them, they called the maid who at first said she didn't find it!! My DH got very upset at that point because he knew it was in the safe. After about 45 minutes, the maid somehow found his wallet, but all of the money was gone!! The front desk said there was nothing they could do and we should just be happy to have the wallet back!!!

That's so awful. On our last family trip to WDW, I lost 2 things: On Space Mountain, I had forgotten to take off my favorite Texas Rangers baseball cap, not remembering how much of a "rollercoaster" it actually was. On the largest drop, my hat flew off. I was very upset, but the CM who was operating the ride must have just thought I was scared of the ride, because he only made a joke about my demeanor. My husband tried to explain, but the guy seemed busy and told us to go ask lost & found. So as soon as we got off, we went on a wild goose chase. They told us the rides are cleaned at night, so it wouldn't be recovered until then. They suggested we go back to the ride and tell the cleaning crew what to be looking for. We went back the next day, but no luck - they said they get thousands of hats every day, and they'd need to search through them to find mine. C'mon! I mean, it was a BRIGHT RED hat. And it was the Texas Rangers!! How many other people would have reported the same item?! (They're not that good, you know!) So we went back to the ride again right before the park closed, and the guy even went in and looked around for us right then with a flashlight, but came back with another hat, and said that was the only one he found. He said if it fell on the track, it was most likely shredded. :sad1:
Then, the last day of our trip, I accidentally dropped a pair of sunglasses on the Snow White ride. We didn't have time (or the energy/desire) to mess with going to lost & found again, so I decided to just call when we got back home. When I called to inquire about them, the woman who answered was very rude. She said that they receive thousands of sunglasses every day, (hmmm...sounds like this is starting to be a pattern. I wonder if that's what the Cm are trained to say?) and unless they look unique or have names/initials inscribed on them, there's no way of telling who they belong to. They took my name & address but I never heard back about either item. :sad2:
So, I didn't get either of my items back, and to this day, I always feel a bit of sadness when I think back on that trip...especially how the Disney staff seemed so rude and unhelpful. I mean, you'd think they'd have a bit of compassion or empathy for people who lose items. Losing something can be very emotional (especially at WDW), even if it's only a dumb Texas Rangers hat! :rolleyes:

KibbyCat
04-12-2008, 12:35 PM
P.S. I learned a valuable lesson from that trip: Inscribe your name or initials on EVERYTHING!!!!!

lclark0621
04-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Thankfully the only thing we have ever lost was an autograph book.

It was on our honeymoon, and we had been carrying it around for days. All the characters had written notes of congratulations in it. And somewhere near the end we lost it. It was not really a big deal since it was just a book, but I was a little bummed since it had all the congratulations in it.

We stopped by guest service & asked about lost & found. The CM took some information including our address.

We finished out our trip. About a week after we were home, an autograph book arrived in the mail with every page filled with notes of congratulations to us on our wedding from different characters, and a note from Mickey saying he heard about us losing our book & wanted to make it up to us. :love: It was so sweet. :)

11 years later, it is in our wedding box, and my DS loves looking through it. :cloud9:

tchrrx
04-12-2008, 12:51 PM
My dad left his new Mickey ball cap on the ME bus on the way to the airport. He had fallen asleep & leaned up against the window & it fell off. He didn't realize it until we were at the airport. Luckily, the bus hadn't left yet (even though it had been 10-15 min), and dad found the driver. He let him back on the ME bus to retrieve his hat.

veraletta
04-12-2008, 01:27 PM
We lost money two different times; one time my son lost his wallet with is money and Disney ticket. We got back to Disney resort and found that he had lost it, and then the phone rang it was another quest who was staying off Disney resort who was leaving Disney that night going back to NY. They found his wallet and saw that he was stay at Disney resort and wanted to know if we could meet them at Walmart, as they would going to be doing last minute shopping, so at about 1am we met them there at Rt.192 walmart, they wouldn’t take any money for finding the wallet, they were really nice.

Second time I just had an envelope of money with a speeding ticket receipt, which I had paid for my son before leaving Ohio. I can’t remember how much money I had but any ways I report it before leaving my resort and couldn’t even remember about when I lost it that day or even which park, as we were park hopping, well once I got home, which was about a few weeks later, I got a phone call from Disney saying they were sending back the money, envelope, with paid speeding ticket receipt back to me, they had to wait as they need to make a check for the cash. (My son's speeding ticket receipt is how they knew it was mine, as it had his name address on it)

So yes there are still people out there that care about others, I for one have turned in every thing I found at Disney to the lost and found, I believe that most people are like that, only a few don’t care about others, just themselves, I for one want to day thank you for any one that has found something and turned it in to lost and found.

“Thank You”

danielle782001
04-12-2008, 01:39 PM
I left my sun glasses in the front pouch of Big Thunder Mountain... I knew as soon as the train pulled away that my glasses were still in there... But I could not wait to get them back because my son had to go potty and my family was all waiting... CM said it could take a while for that train to get back and I did not have a while... I loved those glasses and they were not cheap...

On a different trip DH left his sun glasses on the Magical Express back to the airport... He did not notice they were gone until we were in the airport and the bus was gone... His were expensive too...

We are only bringing cheap sun glasses to Disney for now on :guilty:

danielle782001
04-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Thankfully the only thing we have ever lost was an autograph book.

It was on our honeymoon, and we had been carrying it around for days. All the characters had written notes of congratulations in it. And somewhere near the end we lost it. It was not really a big deal since it was just a book, but I was a little bummed since it had all the congratulations in it.

We stopped by guest service & asked about lost & found. The CM took some information including our address.

We finished out our trip. About a week after we were home, an autograph book arrived in the mail with every page filled with notes of congratulations to us on our wedding from different characters, and a note from Mickey saying he heard about us losing our book & wanted to make it up to us. :love: It was so sweet. :)

11 years later, it is in our wedding box, and my DS loves looking through it. :cloud9:

What a nice story :lovestruc

sara74
04-12-2008, 03:05 PM
I lost a diamond pendant. :guilty:

I wore it every day, I never took the chain off so it never occurred to me to not wear it on our trip. We were sitting in the Lion King show and I reached for it and it was gone. We went through the photos on the camera and could tell that the chain had broken in in front of the gorillas so we went back there. Of course it wasn't a HUGE thing so we never found it.

What really made me sad is that DH is not known for grand romantic gestures and that necklace had been one of them. He bought it for me 'just for being a great wife' So I do miss it.

What got me is that I went to Lost and Found and filled out a card and I was determined not to let this ruin our trip or even our day so I was pretty upbeat about the whole thing. There was a man there cursing and swearing over a pair of sunglasses! I mean I lost a DIAMOND!!! My thought was that the kids were all safe and sound. If I had lost one of them - I can't imagine!

disney1990
04-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Over the years my daughter has lost her autograph book, her camera and her cellphone. They were all returned.

I lost our digital camera and it was returned.

The key is to always have your cellphone number on your belongings.

Oh yes, one more thing, my daughter's friend forgot her bag -- with her tickets and all her money. She left it where she was sitting down and watching the parade. Welll, yes it was found and returned. I cast member saw it and picked it up.

PRINCESSMOMX3
04-12-2008, 07:53 PM
I left my purse in a restroom in The Magic Kingdom. It had our KTTW, Credit Cards, $500 cash, and our Camera. Checked with lost in found when we discovered I had left it. And there it was:cheer2:

mrstomrice
04-12-2008, 08:38 PM
DH left his cell phone on ME in August. We called as soon as we knew it was gone, which was only about 45 minutes after getting off the bus, at 11 pm at night. The bus couldn't have had many people to take back to the airport at that time of night and it never showed up...strange...
Oh well, all I know was it was very expensive to replace, b/c those great phone deals are only good when you have to get a new contract....grrr!

MoniqueU
04-12-2008, 08:43 PM
I lost my digital camera on the Indiana Jones ride at disneyland. After they shut down the ride for the night they found it and turned it in. I had it back in less then 24 hours with great customer service.

jessica52877
04-12-2008, 08:58 PM
I somehow dropped a sweatshirt when unloading the car into All Star movies. I noticed immediately when I got to the room and mine was the only one missing. I went right back outside (all within 5 minutes) and nothing. I made a report of the lost item, but nothing ever showed up.

My cousin once left some clothes in the room after checkout. He didn't even know it until the package arrived a week or so later.

SweetPeasMom2
04-12-2008, 09:20 PM

If it was still in the safe, how did she get it? That is scary if they are able to get into safes like that.

delmar411
04-12-2008, 09:23 PM
last year DH lost his eye glasses and favorite hat on Splash Mountain. He checked with lost & found but they didn't have them and figured that most likely they were crushed from the ride (he forgot they were on top of his head and came off on the drop). The hat I wasn't concerned with. It was the eyeglasses that got to me! :eek: So he got to be the weird guy for the rest of the weekend wearing his RX sunglasses 24/7! :rotfl:

DD lost her brand new sunglasses the other day. She left them on the bus to MK. I doubt they were turned into L&F but we ran out of time to check anyway. Our bus driver did say that if she went there that they would give her any other pair she wanted since they do get in thousands of sunglasses that are rarely claimed so I guess if you didn't care what sunglasses you got back that would always be an option. :confused3

I just remembered I left our bag last fall at the Fort Wilderness buffet with both the t-shirts we had gotten signed the whole trip and my 2 DD's magical moments certificates. The CM's there tracked us down by my girls names on our reservations so that was pretty impressive. And even after I said it wasn't ours because she said it was an embroidery project(because of the hoops the shirts were in), she called back and insisted it must be and described it more I finally woke up and realized what she was talking about! They had it brought over to our resort very quickly and was waiting for us when we were ready to get on the ME. :goodvibes

OhMari
04-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Sunglasses on Space Mountain. I filed a lost/found report and my sunglasses beat me back home-by U.S.P.S.

antree
04-12-2008, 10:53 PM
I myself have lost a pair of sunglasses waiting for the bus at AK, I never got them back. I also lost a Mickey Silver braclet with blue stones in each head, my DH had just bought it for me the night before I lost it. He surprised me with it around the neck of My First Teddy Bear that Disney sold. we were in MK in the camera store back where the movie pays. I was taking pictures of the kids and it must have fallen off. Because when we got back at AKL I noticed it wasn't on my wrist. I was a mess and I was upset. I had everyone looking for it from people at MK, the bus driver the hotel. I never got it back. But Disney did replace it for free I was never so happy, that they did that for me. The hotel called World of Disney and they told me to go in and when I got there they had another one for me. I told Lost and Found that it was replaced and if it comes up to give it back to the store, but I don't think it ever did I called for months to see if they found it and they always said no.

My DD lost her Halloween bag with her name on it at Liberty Tree Tavern, My Mother lost her camera in MK's bathroom and we never found either one.

Now my SIL lost her whole back pack with everything in it including all her money at MK and she got it back. My DD lost her Camera in Epcot and got it back and my brother lost his cell phone and the Bus driver didn't stop until he found it and delivered it back to him at his Hotel.

So we have had the mix of good and bad with getting our lost items back.

tkme4ard
04-12-2008, 11:42 PM
dh lost his RX sunglasses in the lazy river at typhoon lagoon. A couple weeks after we got home we recieved his glasses :)

Mickeyluver37
04-13-2008, 02:44 AM
I meant to post a thread about our experience this past trip but never did. We were at the Nemo show and I had set the camera under the seat. Then, it got to the point where they made everyone move to the left to cram more people in, and I moved- without my camera. After the show we went to Restaurantosaurus to eat and when I went to take pictures of our food like a good little Diser- I realized it was missing. We went back to the bathrooms by the Nemo show, figuring I had hung it on the hook when I went to the bathroom. It wasn't there. As I'm leaving the bathroom, I see a CM approach my DH and DS. He asked if we had lost a camera. He had found it, turned it on and said he had recognized my son from the pics. He even described the pic of DS at dinner the night before, holding a pizza at Mama Melrose. (Again, I was a good little Disser taking food photos. :rotfl: ) The CM ran back in to get the camera where he had turned it in and it was gone. He said someone must have taken it to the front already, since it was such an expensive item.
Long story short, hours later, and about 2 hours after Animal Kingdom was closed, we're still waiting at guest services, and the camera still never made it up to the front. At some point it was in the Dinoland gift shop, but supposedly no one knows what happened to it. Of course that's what Disney is telling us, but I'm sure they probably knew who stole it. I was devastated- I just wanted my camera and my pictures back. It's funny- we had to talk to many CM's to try to get to the bottom of this, and they all start off with the line- "just because a camera was found doesn't mean it was yours" until they got the whole story. Even though I'm the one that left it under the seat, they realized someone there really screwed up. (And I'm hoping the really helpful CM who told us he had found it and identified us in the photos didn't get in trouble for this.) They offered to cut us a check for the value of the camera, but it was a couple years old (Canon Powershot) and we had no transportation, so we asked them to give us a camera instead. We got their Kodak Easy share, memory card, mickey camera case and the pictures from our Photopass on CD as compensation. I was very happy with the way it was ultimately handled until I figured out what a piece of crap that Kodak Easyshare is. :rotfl:

tina_la
04-13-2008, 02:59 AM
Hats, hats and hats... we had to fight with my yougest to wear one and he was always taking them off. I think we left at least one in every park. Also left a light up toy on the bus. Over all I don't think we did too bad:lmao: . I did think I lost my camera and didn't get any pictures @ BBB because of this. Turns out it was in my bag the entire time. Big relief

MazdaUK
04-13-2008, 05:00 AM
DH lost his baseball cap on Primeval Whirl, and both DS and I had our baseball caps sliced by the buggy mechanism (the clip to hold it shut got broken on the plane, so we had to hold it folded by hand and if a cap slipped the mechanism cut right through the strap:sad2: ) I suppose we should be thankful it wasn't fingers!

jessica52877
04-13-2008, 06:37 AM
Sounds like disney in more then accomodating it getting items back to the recipient or replacing. I can only imagine the thousands and thousands of items lost everyday.

So sweet they replaced the bracelet and camera and more!

thegrimdwarf
04-13-2008, 07:17 AM
I wonder what happens to all the stuff that never gets claimed? Auctioned? Donated? Anyone know?

MinnieMouse73
04-13-2008, 07:21 AM
Last year in Disneyland my DH lost his hat (left it on the seat in It's Tough to be a Bug) and I lost my sunglasses (left them on a table when we were eating lunch) within an hour of each other!

We went to lost and found a couple of days later, and got both back :cool1:

danjoealexis3006
04-13-2008, 07:33 AM
Our family was giving a Year of a Million Dreams layard and my DS (5) left it on the train at MK just before we left. He didn't notice it was gone until we were getting on the bus. He was in tears! My DH took him back to FW and me and my other DS went to see if we could find it. Sure enough the CM had it and was waiting for us to claim it. I two wayed my DH and the CM got on and told my DS he had it and mommy would be bring it back. Once my DS heard this he stopped crying and smiled and told my DH "Mickey found it!". After a nap all was well IN the World.

I also lost my ability to vacation anywhere else without comparing to Disney!;) After 4 trips it has yet to return!

Kimberly Hill
04-13-2008, 01:42 PM
My wallet fell out of my backpack in Tomorrowland and somehow was found on Main Street - with all cash, ID, and credit cards intact! I couldn't believe it when they had it at Guest Services.

I still don't know how it got out of my fully zipped backpack though...

rwrocksme
04-13-2008, 01:59 PM
I was just down there (got back last night) and I lost something for the first time...and Incredibles pin! I didn't realize it until the next morning, so I couldn't go back to Epcot to get it. Luckily, I had gotten it cheap at the Disney outlet, and it was for trading, BUT...I will be getting some locking pin backs.

lyzziesmom
04-13-2008, 02:39 PM
I've lost a ton of things at WDW, and only one was never found. I lost a pair of sunglasses inside the Drew Carey show (that's what I get for going to see what I knew was a crappy show!) and as soon as we exited, I realized they were gone. They even let me back into the theater to check my seat as they were cleaning between shows, but they were gone. Someone must have picked them up on their way out. I never thought to check with Lost & Found later, I just bought new ones at the handy gift shop right outside the exit.

I lost sunglasses on Expedition Everest, and once again realized as soon as I exited the ride. I had put them in the little pouch on the seat back and forgot to retrieve them. Inside the gift shop there is a window where they said they sweep the ride after every two or three times, so I described the glasses and came back about 20 minutes later and they had them waiting for me!

I lost my digital camera inside Innoventions, I had put it in my pocket and it must have fallen out. I was halfway across the large open area behind Spaceship Earth, headed towards the other side of Innoventions when I reached for my camera and it was gone. I burst into tears and RAN back to the last place I remembered taking a picture (and I do not run, lol!) and it was gone. I was frantically looking everywhere and a nice older CM asked me if I had lost a camera. I described it and he disappeared into the back and came back with it! He had seen it on the ground and picked it up, and was looking for its owner.

My DD, then almost 2, lost her hat on the Snow White ride. The CM asked us to come back in a few minutes, and they had found it. She also lost her favorite, must-have blankie with binky attached ("Binky Blankie") somewhere in FantasyLand. We ran to all the rides and asked everyone to look for it, she was so upset but hopeful because of how her hat had been found. We were frantic because it was very late, just a few minutes before closing time, and DD will NOT sleep without her Binky Blankie. Finally we asked the Dumbo CM if he had seen it, and he said he hadn't but we were welcome to walk around the ride and check. We remembered we had ridden in a yellow elephant, and sure enough there was Binky Blankie sitting in the footwell of the yellow Dumbo. He even let us ride one more time, the last ride of the night and it was just us on the whole ride. :)

We've lost a few pins here & there, but we've also received a few free pins so it evens out.

DD's grandpa left his camcorder inside the big "tent" store in Toontown and went back about 20 minutes later, and they had it there. DD was buying the My Little Pony box of pick-your-own stuff at the time (again it was near closing time) and they let her fill not only the box, but the entire shopping bag the box went into! Then they took us outside and showed us a great spot to view Wishes.

Not a lost but a found: My older DD, then 8, found a wallet in a handicapped bathroom stall in MGM, the one on Sunset Boulevard. I took her to Guest Services to turn it in. We peeked inside and it had a lot of cash inside as well as credit cards and park tickets. I hope it was returned to the owner. DD was a little disappointed that the CM she turned it in to didn't "reward" her or even thank her, but she said knowing the person would get her stuff back made her feel really good, and she never once thought about keeping any of it. We also once found a ticket on the floor outside the bathroom near Crystal Palace and went out of our way to turn it in. I don't think it would have been able to be returned, since it was just a paper ticket, but I felt it was important to set an example for the kids and turn it in anyway.

I guess we've been very lucky about not losing anything valuable in WDW.

DisneyFreakof5
04-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Dd who was 13 at the time lost her pin trading lanyard,
she had it the whole entire time we were at WDW but the day we left it was gone. We think she might have set it down at the airport so god knows were its at now :confused3 . But that was 2 years ago, she's 15 going on 16 now, so she's not really into that anymore lol she was sooo upset though so the next year we went she got a new one :)

cheerforchelsea
04-13-2008, 07:52 PM
I left my cellphone charger in the room at ASSports when we checked out --- a month later a card arrived in the mail asking me to identify a lost item and WDW mailed it to me!! In the past I have also lost my brand new annual pass - my daughter lost her drivers license and her debit card - all of these were never found and amazingly never used!!:yay:

Avonlady1001
04-14-2008, 09:09 AM
My DD/2 lost her good hat w/ the SPF...never turned up.

My sister left her backpack (w/ wallet, camera, etc...) at one of the outside tables at one of the restaurants at DTD. We realized about 1/2 hour later and she ran back...it was gone & the people sitting there had no idea. She went in and asked. Someone had turned it in...it was untouched. So, yes, there are honest, good people still left in this world. :-)

Same sister, same trip...she purposely left her infant carrier in the hotel room when we checked out. She hated it, the baby hated it. LOL Saw no reason to bring it home. LOL About a month later, a package arrived from Disney. It was the carrier. LOL We rolled...though it was funny the darn thing followed us home. LOL Very nice of Disney to do though!

lyzziesmom
04-14-2008, 09:57 AM
I purposely left a stroller in the room in January -- it was an old broken down thing anyway and was on it's last leg, and then my DD fell asleep in it and peed all over the darn thing on our last full day. I tried to clean it up but it just wasn't working so we just left in the room and bought a new one at the gift shop. I did mention to the guy who came to help us take our luggage to the lobby that the stroller was not coming with us. I sure hope they don't return it!

Mandylynne
04-14-2008, 08:17 PM
Our first day at Disney, we bought DS a Walt Disney World Bucket Hat. After wearing it for 4 days he dropped it in MouseGears (Epcot) while playing with a CM. We didn't realize until later in the day. We retraced our steps and went in MouseGears, the CM told us that they didn't receive any lost hats. We went to the lost and found in the beginning of the park and it wasn't there. Later in the day we went back to MouseGears again to check and talked to the same CM that DS was playing with earlier in the day and she knew exactly where it was.

That same day we lost our park passes and photopass cards. DH was wearing them around his neck on the lanyard. We have no idea how he lost them, but we were leaving MGM (had Dinner there) heading back to Epcot for the fireworks. We were on the boat when he realized that he didn't have them. We had to catch another boat back than explain to the guys at the front gate. They let him through to check the main lost and found. It wasn't there so he had them cancel the cards (also had our Dining on them) and issue us one time passes to get through Epcot to get to our car in the parking lot. On his way out of MGM he stopped at a side gift shop and asked them and our cards were turned in there. We still had to go to the Lobby of Pop to have them reactivate everything. But it seemed to be a lucky day with the way we were losing things.

We didn't realized until we got home from our trip, but we left the same bucket hat from above and my swimsuit cover up in our room at Pop. We called a couple of times, but it never turned up in lost and found.

Pinga's Mommy
04-15-2008, 12:22 AM
I lost my favorite pair of sunglasses on the EL RIO DEL TIEMPO ride in EPCOT/Mexico back in June 2000. I didn't realize it until later that night. I don't pay a lot for my sunglasses, but this pair was my first expensive pair I had ever bought. I have owned several others since then, but those are still my favorite. I am going back to WDW in December 08. I WILL be checking the lost and found. I will not give up!:cool1:

eeyoregon
04-15-2008, 12:27 AM
Well, we didn't make it to Disney....lost our stuff at MCO Orlando airport the night we arrived.

DS, 10 at the time, lost his entire backpack at the airport. His life was in that backpack!

It was very late and both of my sons were sitting on chairs waiting for our luggage at baggage claim.

DS sees that mom is struggling with all of the suitcases (note to self: learn to pack lighter!!!) and comes over to help me :goodvibes .

We get everything loaded onto luggage cart, oldest son joins us and we head out to meet our ride.

An hour later is when we realize that DS accidently left his backpack sitting next to the chair in baggage claim and other son didn't notice it when he got up to leave.

Contents of bag:
Gameboy DS
7 games for Gameboy.
Portable DVD player and battery pack w/ carrying case.
4 DVDs.
Headphones.
Wallet ($50 Disney spending money)
Hand held Yahtzee game.
2 books.
Extra batteries.
Gameboy charger.

Total loss: $500+. I called the aiport immediately and every day for 7 days and no one ever turned it in or called us (contact info was in backpack).

My son sobbed and sobbed for HOURS that night. Not a great way to start a vacation and a VERY long 8 hour flight home with NO entertainment!

And to pour salt in an open wound, I filed a lost/stolen bag claim with our travel insurance and it was denied because we, "failed to do everything in our power to retain our bag." Nice. :sad2:

WantToGoNow
04-15-2008, 07:11 AM
My dh lost his 5-day Hopper Pass a few years back -- we were staying off-site at the time and didn't notice until we got to MGM (now DHS). We handed the person at Customer Service the rest of our tickets and they replaced it with no problems.

On my ds7(almost) first trip he was 6 months old. In one evening at the MK, he lost both of his favorate toys - replaced them when we got home.

I think that's all we've lost -- maybe because we hardly carry anything into the parks (even with small children). Less in, less to lose.

mydisneykids
04-15-2008, 08:56 AM
My DS7 lost his pin lanyard this past Feb. on our next to last day. It had all the pins on it he had collected over the week, even to full sets that he had worked hard to find from CM.
We know it was lost on the monorail or between the monorail and our room at the GF.
Was never turned at Guest Relations or Main Lost and Found.
I have to say, though. We went to the gift shop the next morning to get him a new one for his last day and a few pins. He told the ladies his story and did they take care of him. He got to pick a few pins from each of them and he even got a set of the magical memories pins to keep and share.
That really helped make him feel better, but as we were packing for his trip next week, he commented why wouldn't someone turn in something that they found that is not theirs. If only everyone felt that way.

LAH LAH
04-15-2008, 09:29 AM
I once lost my patience with my son when he refused to ride Splash Mountain...I even checked at lost and found...it never did show up. :rotfl2:

Manda
04-15-2008, 09:44 AM
When I was a kid, my brother's Goofy hat fell in the water on It's a Small World and we watched it float away. Very sad.

I lost my sunglasses on the first day of our September 2006 trip on the Winnie the Pooh ride. I'm very picky about glasses and I loved those and they weren't cheap. I was squinty the rest of the trip because I couldn't find any other acceptable glasses. Never showed up in Lost and Found. They fell off right as I stepped into the car and I could see them on the track and told the CMs. They never showed up in Lost and Found.

On our September 2007 trip, my son's navy blue J. Crew cap went missing. It was in the basket of our stroller and then it wasn't. Never seen or heard from again.

On our January 2008 trip extension, we left my son's ID bracelet in the room at check-out. I know exactly where it was left, the room number everything and called All Stars immediately to report it. They claim they never found it. My guess is that housekeeping just tossed it because it wasn't worth their effort.

~Kristina~
04-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Luckily only a baby sock and binky's!

kileybeth
04-15-2008, 10:31 AM
On our last night at Disney we were in the Magic Kingdom (where else would we be?:)) and had split up as a family. 2 teens to ride mountains one last time, DD2 and I to purchase her first set of Ears, and DS5 and DH to ride Buzz one last time. . .it was raining and the 2 little ones were in their Mac strollers encased in their raincovers. Each had their loveies with them, a blanket and a bear.

My cell phone rings and I hear this message. "I can not find Bear-Bear I sure hope you have him" WHAT??!! I still have the DD2 and her blankie but I do not have the beloved Bear ( he had it from age 8 months and goes no where without him) I begin retracing our steps all the way back to the monorail, etc. while DH retraces his steps. No BearBear. I go to City Hall, I talk to multiple CM's. Finally after we have cleared our resort room and checked out we drive to Lost and Found and look there. The CM was so nice to us and searched every where she could think of and took a report and even directed us to a few other places in case those areas had not had a chance to turn in last nights "losts" yet. Still nothing.

My DS5 was so sad, bottom lip just would not stop quivering and he kept silently crying (silently!) oh my heart! Even I was sad at the lost. We picked out a new big Tigger at midnight on Main Street to help comfort him.

We had to return home without BearBear so as we drove off that afternoon we had every intention of stopping for an overnight but ended up driving straight thru on home (21 hours) as the trauma of realizing Bear was missing one more time was to much to put DS5 through.

3 days after returning home Mickey sent a package in the mail. . . BearBear had returned home! My DS5 is still wondering where BearBear spent his extra time in Disney and where Mickey found him!

Good ending this time.

jeanigor
04-15-2008, 10:40 AM
While on spring break in '98, I lost my autograph book. Thankfully, I have some great friends living in Orlando. They went around the Magic Kingdom and recreated it for me. I was SOOO surprised :yay: :scared1: :yay: when I got it in the mail a few weeks later.
The only other thing I can remember losing was a 1 time use camera at Pleasure Island, back when it was a closed "island". There were wall to wall people (read: cast member night and a holiday). I realized it was gone before we left, but nothing. I tried back each day until we left, but to no avail. On the last day the CM told me she thought that it was probably just thrown out.

lyzziesmom
04-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Reading all these stories of lost sunglasses brought back a memory. When I was about 10 or 11 we were in Epcot and my mom found a pair of expensive designer sunglasses on the ground. She looked around to see if anyone nearby looked like they had dropped them, and then she just put them on! She walked around with them on the whole day -- I was MORTIFIED. I kept thinking some lady was going to walk by us and start yelling at my mom for stealing her sunglasses.

Great example you set for me, Mom! :thumbsup2 Luckily I learned what NOT to do from that, and have shown my own kids better examples.

thegrimdwarf
04-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Reading all these stories of lost sunglasses brought back a memory. When I was about 10 or 11 we were in Epcot and my mom found a pair of expensive designer sunglasses on the ground. She looked around to see if anyone nearby looked like they had dropped them, and then she just put them on! She walked around with them on the whole day -- I was MORTIFIED. I kept thinking some lady was going to walk by us and start yelling at my mom for stealing her sunglasses.

Great example you set for me, Mom! :thumbsup2 Luckily I learned what NOT to do from that, and have shown my own kids better examples.

LOL!!! *My* mother would totally do that, and be all "what???". Ah, the shame...

Crazy4Disney43611
04-15-2008, 12:05 PM
I lost my heart there...insert tear!:love:

disneywithfive
04-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Several years ago, we were riding the Haunted Mansion and "lost" something. My x-dh was in one car with a kid and I was in the next one. He thought he'd be cute and throw a backpack in my lap. Well - with it being dark, and I had no clue what it was, I threw it out of the car. Luckily, it was found by the HM staff and we were able to pick it up in a couple of days.

lyzziesmom
04-15-2008, 01:49 PM
LOL!!! *My* mother would totally do that, and be all "what???". Ah, the shame...

If your signature didn't say something about your DH, I'd have thought you were my brother posting on here!! To this day she doesn't see why that was wrong. "But they were just lying there! Nobody noticed they lost them." The funny thing is, she wore those sunglasses for years and called them her Epcot Sunnies. She showed them off to everyone because she is so NOT the person to buy name-brand anything, so she was very proud of her designer glasses that she got for "free." It still makes me cringe.

julm26
04-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Never lost anything material, but I did lose:

the stress I had carrying around with me after being a caregiver for 4 years for my mom, who was still living last september. This september I'm hoping Disney will be a healing place for us, since we lost my beloved mother on Feb. 18, 2008. Remember things can be replaced - people can't!

xipetotec
04-15-2008, 01:55 PM
i've lost more than one hat :( ...

But this past trip just took the cake in that department.

I was stupid and forgot to remove my hat on Splash mountain. On one of the smaller drops it just flew right off. ( Serves me right ). When I got to the end, I told the cast member, and they just sympathetically said "Yeah you'll probably never see that again... "... aww it was my good Mickey baseball cap too...

So I buy another had, a great navy blue "WDW 71" cap. Two nights later, I take my 9 year old son on my shoulders to watch SpectroMagic... And awkwardly pull him off after... not realizing until 30 minutes later ( in a huge crowd ) that the act had peeled my hat right off my head... Another had gone *sigh* ... DW tried to get me to just get another one, but I had trouble justifying buying ANOTHER one for myself :) ... of course now I regret it...

Oh well I'll just have to go back to buy another cap!!! :D :D :D

*KeepMovingForward*
04-15-2008, 02:03 PM

the stress I had carrying around with me after being a caregiver for 4 years for my mom, who was still living last september. This september I'm hoping Disney will be a healing place for us, since we lost my beloved mother on Feb. 18, 2008. Remember things can be replaced - people can't!

I'm so sorry for your loss. I truly hope this trip will be magical for you and your family. Being a caregiver for a loved one is such a difficult and taxing job. :hug:

DVCsince02
04-15-2008, 02:12 PM
I didn't lose anything... but I did gain a souvenir. He or she is due in September!!

iheartdisney
04-15-2008, 02:29 PM
I didn't lose anything... but I did gain a souvenir. He or she is due in September!!
hey, I have one of those! She's five now.

I lost DS's goofy hat on Splash Mountain at Disneyland. The next morning, it hadn't been recovered yet...The Cm said it usually takes a few days to fish them out. Sure enough, about a week later it came in the mail. Don't know if it was his, or some random goofy hat, who knows!

This past trip, DD lost something every day!
Epcot, she lost her Strawberry Shortcake doll. It was turned it and mailed back
Animal Kingdom, she lost her lanyard which was FULL after 3 days. I joke that they ended up as a mixed lot on ebay, since they were never turned in.
Somewhere along I-95 on the way home, she lost her sister's baby minnie doll. So, that was $18 for about 12 hours of doll enjoyment...grrrrr!
Then when I got home, I figured out that our bag of swimsuits didn't make it to the car. So I called Shades of Green, and they had laundered them and sent them to us free of charge!

thegrimdwarf
04-15-2008, 02:32 PM

My condolences. I hope your upcoming trip is all you want it to be!

Disneyfanatic108
04-15-2008, 02:41 PM
The only things we have lost are a pair of mittens, and some of the character hotwheel cars. Not a great loss, but you still have to wonder. O-YA my wife did loose her phone but it showed up the next day at lost and found:yay: :yay: :yay:

NMMickeymom
04-15-2008, 04:31 PM
I left my jewelery bag with some pretty nice stuff in it in the safe at POFQ. (Not sure what on earth possessed me to bring a bunch of Bling on this particular trip ??? ). I was smart enough to put it in the safe but not smart enough to remember to get it out when we left!! :rotfl: I was devistated when we got home!! I balled all night before "customer relations" was open in the morning. It took a bit to find someone who could help me but amazingly the housekeeper had turnned in bag and ALL OF IT'S CONTENTS!!! She could have walked off with a nice diamond tennis bracelet but did not. AMAZING!!! I am so grateful there are good people in this world!! :worship: I wrote a letter to the hotel in thanks and commending her honesty. On top of it, they did not charge me for the shipping OR the fee for the safe key I still had with me! Gotta love that Mickey Magic! One more reason to tip your housekeeper well! :yay:

lyzziesmom
04-15-2008, 05:06 PM
On top of it, they did not charge me for the shipping OR the fee for the safe key I still had with me!

This is the kind of thing that makes me wonder just how "safe" a hotel safe really is. Obviously they have duplicate keys to the safe. I suppose valuables would be kept safe from intruders, but I never feel like they are safe from the staff -- who have access to the keys. Also, where do you put your safe key during the day? Do you bring it into the parks with you? Aren't you afraid of losing it? (Oh wait, you could just go to the desk and ask for a new one!) My mom just puts hers in the nightstand drawer! :lmao:

Matt'nMeg'sMom
04-15-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm sure this has been said but ..... you guessed it.... my ... ahem... virginity.
And did it ever turn up at lost and found?

OMG. Now THAT would be some Disney Magic. YOAMD!

pyrxtc
04-15-2008, 09:03 PM
let's see...

1st trip we left a Mickey soccer bal (just purchased night before) in the room and realized it about 5 minutes after leaving the room but maids were already in there and it was nowhere to be found. I KNOW it was there when we went to bed adn we woke up and walked out fo the room so it went somewhere.

Also DD11 left her lanyard on the table at Donald's breakfast, amazingly we got it back.

December 06, DH lost his cell phone on a ride. Got it about 1 1/2 hrs later. I'm sure there were other things lost, not including the pins that seem to jump off of our lanyards randomly.

Haven't walked away in tears just yet. Hopefully won't lose anythign special to us. I have my name and address on evrything we bring with us, especially cameras.

Oh, can I count losing my DS for about 8 minutes at the MNSSHP ??? We walked one way and he went the other.

happypooh
04-15-2008, 09:31 PM
My DD lost her Minnie ears headband on Buzz lightyear and a cast member had to ride the ride a few times to find it but I was happy he did find it. My sister has lost a bag with her hat and toiletries stuff in it on the disney cruise and they found it and mailed it back to her in England (wow that is pure disney service!) This past trip we lost my DS's sunglasses but I was too tired to trek back to pluto's play area in epcot to look for it....anyone have the number for lost and found in epcot?

holly7347
04-15-2008, 09:39 PM
If it was still in the safe, how did she get it? That is scary if they are able to get into safes like that.

I haven't been to Disney yet so not sure what kind of safes they use. But the safe on our cruise was opened with our room key. I would assume that someone somewhere has to have a master key to the safes to open them and clean out stuff that people forget when they check out. Maybe the cleaning staff has such a key.