PDA

View Full Version : *Jeni and Carl's PJ and TR-SBP/CG/Wishes Cruise 8/17/09-UPDATE 8/09 - Discovery Cove*

Pages : [1] 2

Scrap_Vamp
04-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Hi all,

As I've chosen my dress and bought the bridesmaid's jewellery and dress patterns I figured I should start a planning journal!

Not much to say at the moment except that Carl and I have been together for 4 years this month and he proposed to me in our resort hotel room on a Christmas trip to Disneyland Paris :lovestruc

We've both been lucky enough to have made Disney trips with our families in the past and we celebrated our 2nd anniversary at WDW in April/May 2006, staying at POFQ. We fell in love with the resort, and we experienced some wonderful treatment from CMs when they realised it was a special occasion.

We talked, half-jokingly, about a Disney wedding for a while, and eventually made the decision based on the fact that we will save huge amounts of money compared with standard UK wedding prices. At the moment we have only invited immediate family - Carl's parents, my parents, my brothers and SILs, plus their children (niece and 2 nephews).

We will be staying at POFQ, and marrying at SBP. We are aiming for August 17th at 5pm but can be flexible. We're also talking to Randy Chapman at the moment and trying to put down a deposit if the relevant email ever gets to him (I blame Carl's work server, *** he's sending it from work!)!

And finally, I am a scrapbooker so if there are any other scrappers who would like to share their work (I have a whole load of Disney LOs!) then I'm happy to post a link to my Flickr gallery :)

Things Completed:
- Dress (ordered and deposit paid)
- My shoes
- My bag - need a new one as it clashes with the dress!
- My Jewellery
- Carl's shirt
- Carl's shoes
- Randy Chapman booked and deposit paid
- Bridesmaids' jewellery
- Bridesmaids' outfit patterns (need to get material asap!!) - material now bought :thumbsup2
- Planner assigned
- Music chosen
- Patricia Lejeune booked and deposit paid
- Teresa Knox booked and deposit paid
- Cake chosen for Disney and at home
- Favours decided
- Main group meals booked
- Wishes fireworks cruise booked
- Bridesmaid and flower girl outfits complete
- Wedding dress alteratiosn complete and now at home

BayouPrincess
04-11-2008, 10:11 PM
:welcome: Jeni

Glad you started your PJ. I'm excited to hear more about your wedding! popcorn::

Mama of Indybride
04-11-2008, 11:40 PM
:surfweb: Looking forward to sharing the journey with you!

Congratulations!

Ticky Toria 78
04-12-2008, 04:49 AM
Congratulations on your wedding, if you need any tips let me know.

Scrap_Vamp
04-12-2008, 05:43 AM
Many thanks, guys :)

I'm off to a colleague's wedding today, so I'm definitely in the wedding spirit!

Scrap_Vamp
04-25-2008, 06:16 AM
Well, I finally have an update to add!

Randy Chapman has received our forms so we are pencilled in with him for August 17th 2009 at SBP :cool1:

Now I only have to wait another 4 months before I can book it with Disney! Fingers crossed there'll be no problems with the date :) princess:

Beep
04-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Hi Jen and fellow scrapper, congratulations! Randy is brilliant to work with and such a nice man.

I decided to start scrapping to do one for us and my parents of our wedding but haven't done my first page yet. I'm going to do pages mainly to practice so I can do a good job on the wedding ones. I've laid out my design for a dog page (our best friend in the world is my parent's black labrador) but haven't started it yet - hopefully will this weekend.

I'd love to see your designs if you can send me the link. I'll send you a picture of my first page when it's done!

Scrap_Vamp
04-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Hey there :D

I'm always pleased to meet a fellow scrapper - I've been doing it for 3 and a half years now and have made some great friends through the hobby :thumbsup2

Here is a link to my gallery on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/21125004@N00/?saved=1) - if you sign up and add me as a friend, I can do the same if you showcase your LOs :)

Scrap_Vamp
06-05-2008, 12:42 PM
OK, I figured it was time for an update as I haven't added to my PJ in ages!

DF, his best man and my dad have got their linen shirts. In fact, my dad has sorted his whole outfit! My mum has bought three dresses which she noow aims to slim into, so we'll see how she goes!

Aside from that we now have Randy booked for August 17th and I just have to wait for that date this year to make the phone call! I called Disney weddings just to check if there was anything else I could do and the CM said to make a wishbook, though it doesn't seem that applicable for Escape weddings?

Cosi Bella
06-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Congrats on your upcoming wedding! :goodvibes I scrapbook a little bit! I have no pics to share, though, but I appreciate the love of this craft. Its time consuming, but so much fun!!! Good luck with your planning and I look forward to reading more of your pj!! ;)

Scrap_Vamp
06-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Thanks Cosi-bella :D

I was reading on here about Trash Your Dress the other day, and it's something I could never do (I hate destruction of any kind!) but today it was featured on Five News here in the UK. They had a bride whose dress cost 1000 - eek!!

Scrap_Vamp
06-08-2008, 09:00 AM
We had a real stroke of luck yesterday! We were at a shopping centre and were browsing for shoes when DF saw they had two pairs of men's shoes for 50, and he found a pair that he liked for the wedding, as well as a new pair of everyday work shoes.

Then, I found a gorgeous pair of shoes for the wedding that were only 30!! Plus a bag for 15.

I can't believe we got all those things in one go! Will photograph later and try to post photos :D

Here (http://www.barratts.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product1_10055_-1_38700_10553) is a link to the shoes.

Here (http://www.hitched.co.uk/fashion/FashionSupplier.aspx/wedding%20dresses/Tia%20By%20Benjamin%20Roberts/4022/FashionSupplier.aspx)is a link to my dress, although it does not do the detail justice!

jennifaerie
06-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Ooh... it's so flowy! Very, very pretty!

Lynn5700
06-08-2008, 11:34 AM
that dress is beautiful...looks godessy and so comfortable!

Scrap_Vamp
06-08-2008, 02:56 PM

It really is comfortable, and weighs next to nothing.

Hopefully it won't be too difficult to transport on the plane either!

IndyBride
06-08-2008, 08:32 PM
Beautiful dress!!! It can be surprising how much the dresses can be. Even ones that are not huge ball gowns!! Can't wait to see a pic with you in it.

Scrap_Vamp
07-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Hi all,

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. Unfortunately our home was burgled 10 days ago and it's been quite horrible. They didn't trash the place, luckily, just emptied out some drawers and took obvious electrical equipment e.g. laptop, Wii, camera etc.

Even more luckily they didn't touch any of my wedding things, as that would have been awful.

For a while we considered if we wanted to do a three week trip anymore, but decided that we would not let these awful people stop us from living our lives. Instead we are installing a security gate in front of the door, and adding more locks to the windows.

In any event, the friend I invited to the ceremony has told me that several more of my friends would be willing to make the trip to Florida, even though they know they wouldn't be able to attend the ceremony! That made me feel very special :cloud9: :wizard:

hmgolden
07-06-2008, 09:15 PM
What terrible news about your home! I'm glad they didn't take anything sentimental to you. What an awful thing to experience. :(

On a happier note, that is great news about your friends being willing to make the trip even though they know they won't be able to go to the ceremony. You've got some great friends.

I love your shoes and the dress - it has such a a romantic look to it.

Scrap_Vamp
07-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks for your reply - we're lucky that our friends have been wonderful to us through this :)

pink_tink8i8
07-09-2008, 04:20 PM
OMG, I just came across your pj and I'm totally excited!!! I'm also getting married in August 09!!!! There aren't too many of us out there.

Scrap_Vamp
07-09-2008, 04:25 PM
OMG, I just came across your pj and I'm totally excited!!! I'm also getting married in August 09!!!! There aren't too many of us out there.

By the looks of your ticker your wedding will be the day after we plan to arrive! Congrats :D

pink_tink8i8
07-09-2008, 04:28 PM
By the looks of your ticker your wedding will be the day after we plan to arrive! Congrats :D

I actually don't have a set date yet, I just had to choose a ruff date for the ticker ;) Congrats on getting Randy! :goodvibes

meryll83
08-14-2008, 03:34 AM
3 days til you can book Jen :thumbsup2

There's about another 10 weeks still to go for us!!

Scrap_Vamp
08-14-2008, 03:50 PM
I know - it feels quite unreal now!! I'm tempted to call tomorrow evening,saying I didn't know if they were open on weekends ;) lol!

I'm worried I will get all tongue-tied and forget what I want to say :rotfl2:

We also made a decision today about the evening before the wedding day. We were going to get everyone together at Ohana's but have read some reports that make me worry it's not as great as it used to be. We have instead decided to go to Boma, as there is more open space at AKL for the kids, and they will probably enjoy going out on the Savannah - they are probably a little young for the entertainment at Ohana, so we're not worried about that.

Scrap_Vamp
08-18-2008, 02:37 PM
It's officially less than a year now!

I made the initial call on Friday and spoke to a lovely girl called Kimberly who seemed just as excited as me :rotfl2: I'm now waiting for my call from a wedding co-ordinator and then hopefully it can be all systems go!

We had a successful shopping trip today. Yesterday Carl and I went to check out rings and bridesmaid fabrics, then today I went back with my mum and dad and bought the fabrics. The tops are going to be ruched and strapless, in orange satin, then the skirts are knee length and A-line, in floaty ivory. Hopefully they will look how I imagine!

My mum also picked up a necklace and earrings to go with her dress, so she was pleased.

Now there's not much more to do until we can confirm the date, then it's onto booking flights and accommodation, although mum already has a quote on two villas at Windsor Hills for the rest of the family :thumbsup2

IndyBride
08-18-2008, 03:51 PM
It's so much better to work with people that are as excited as you than those that acts like it's nothing special isn't it??? That's exciting about being a year out, it's going to start going really fast!

Scrap_Vamp
08-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks - and I just had my follow up call! My date is being held til Thursday, so I now need to get my flights sorted so I can get a reservation at POFQ :cool1:

meryll83
08-19-2008, 02:51 AM
Does that mean you got the date and time you wanted? :banana:

Scrap_Vamp
08-19-2008, 03:21 AM
Yes we did - just have to call back with a reservation number now :D Wanted to book flights first but it seems I won't be able to get anything until September - apparently I'll be OK to make any changes to my accommodation reservation up to three months without charge, so that's a relief!

First time we've done the DIY thing, lol!

Pinkerbell1983
08-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Yeah for getting your date!!!!! Its so exciting isn't it making that call to disney!!!! I only decided on my wedding date on one year and one day out so I was lucky really to get mine (although its only held 'tentatively', but don't get me started)

I had to wait unitl 11 months out too to book my flights, isn't it annoying!!!

Good luck with the rest of your planning!

Scrap_Vamp
08-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Thanks Pinkerbell :lovestruc

Just got off the phone with reservations and have made our accomodation ressies - first 5 nights at Pop Century, followed by 16 at POFQ :cool1:

Also booked mum, dad, and brothers' families' fly drive trips today, as well as a week at POFQ for mum and dad. They've paid the deposit on the two villas at Windsor Hills and have booked the four of us in at Discovery Cove for a wedding present - it really feels like it is happening now :banana: :bride: princess: :cheer2:

padisneyfour
08-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Congrats..... good luck with all your plans:goodvibes

Pinkerbell1983
08-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Congratualtions!!!!

Glad its all moving forward!!!

Scrap_Vamp
08-25-2008, 02:16 PM
:lovestruc Yay - my contract and payment have officially been received!!

Also had a really fun email from Randy Chapman saying that we are going to take over the Boardwalk for photos - I think my family are going to love him :rotfl2: :cool1:

Finally, Patricia Lejeune is available on my date, which is fantastic - touch wood, everything is going so well at the moment :bride:

The next thing is my officiant - we are thinking of Teresa Knox as we want a civil ceremony (non-religious) - if she is not available, who else would you recommend?

Scrap_Vamp
08-26-2008, 07:38 AM
Very quick update today - had an email from Teresa Knox and she is available for our ceremony too - can't wait til Carl gets home from work to look at the planning kit!

mel_ntu
08-26-2008, 09:23 AM
My goodness you are so organised.

I am hoping to get married in August 09 also and am only making my first call tonight to get the process started!!
Hope I haven't left it too late!! :guilty:

Your plans sound amazing, have you decided on your venues based on having seen them at previous visits or from the web and recommendations?

Mel

Scrap_Vamp
08-26-2008, 02:17 PM
We mostly decided based on pictures and recommendations, tbh. We originally wanted Sunrise Terrace at Wilderness Lodge but we had too many guests for that location.

You've definitely not left it too late - there are loads of people to choose from for all the different jobs, so no need to worry about that :) The only person we booked way in advance was Randy Chapman - I've contacted Patricia Lejeune and Teresa Knox in the last few days only :thumbsup2

mel_ntu
08-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Excellent, given all the fabulous recommendations I think I may be putting a call into Randy myself!

Do you know if he has a website where I can view some of his photos in different locations etc.

Thanks for your help.

Scrap_Vamp
08-26-2008, 03:22 PM
This (http://www.chapmanphotography.com/) is his website where you can view some of his work :thumbsup2

bridetobe789
08-26-2008, 04:01 PM
I just stumbled upon your pj and can't wait to hear more about your plans! I love your dress its very elegant and not over the top! How exciting that you got your date ! I'm about a month or so before you. What locations have you decided on?

Scrap_Vamp
08-26-2008, 04:24 PM
We can be excited together :cool1:

Thanks for your comment on my dress - photos just don't do it justice!

We are marrying at SBP, doing photos around the Boardwalk, and then having dinner at California Grill - although that last part hasn't been arranged yet! We're also hoping to have a group meal the night before at Boma.

marnietch
08-27-2008, 10:54 PM
I am so excited to have found your planning journal. I'm getting married on August 4, 2009 at SBP!:bride: We just sent the contract back today! I feel like I'm in shock. We got engaged a few weeks ago in WDW (which was a surprise to me) and I feel like everything is happening so fast! And I saw that there are other July/August brides on here too! You are so organized. We haven't done anything but reserve the date. By the way, I think Boma's is a great idea! Maybe I should start a pj soon!

Scrap_Vamp
08-28-2008, 02:57 AM
Congrats on your engagement! DF proposed to me in December 2004 at Disneyland Paris - he couldn't wait and do it somewhere fancy so he proposed in our hotel room while we were unpacking, lol :lovestruc

It's a funny feeling being this organised - I've had a lot of time over the past 5 weeks to look at stuff on the internet as I'm a teacher and I'm off for the summer.

The only thing we had booked in advance was Randy Chapman for photography, and we've had our UK reception venue booked since about March.

We were adding to our honeymoon registry last night, which was exciting - can't wait to have our website too :goodvibes

Pinkerbell1983
08-28-2008, 09:10 AM
Thanks Pinkerbell :lovestruc

Just got off the phone with reservations and have made our accomodation ressies - first 5 nights at Pop Century, followed by 16 at POFQ :cool1:

Also booked mum, dad, and brothers' families' fly drive trips today, as well as a week at POFQ for mum and dad. They've paid the deposit on the two villas at Windsor Hills and have booked the four of us in at Discovery Cove for a wedding present - it really feels like it is happening now :banana: :bride: princess: :cheer2:

Discovery cove is really cool, you'll love it :thumbsup2

Scrap_Vamp
08-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Pinkerbell - we're lucky in this will be our second trip to DC - we did it on the first day of our 2006 trip and it was just about the most relaxed I've ever been in my life!

Pinkerbell1983
08-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Pinkerbell - we're lucky in this will be our second trip to DC - we did it on the first day of our 2006 trip and it was just about the most relaxed I've ever been in my life!

Oh I see, its great isn't it and I don't even like dolphins that much!

PookieB
09-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Love your dress! Randy is wonderful! I know you'll love him. Look forward to reading up on your PJ. GL :goodvibes

torsie24
09-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Hello! Your Plans sound amazing!! I'm from the UK too and would love a WDW wedding.

I'll probably be haing a party about the same size as your if I do.

Are you having a reception back home?

Do you have plans for everyone after your ceremony.

The escape package seems great, but I wonder what to do with people afterwards....

Scrap_Vamp
09-10-2008, 03:02 PM
PookieB - thanks :lovestruc

torsie24 - after the wedding we plan on having everyone eat at the California Grill. The first planner I dealt with (Brianna) advised me to have a 2.30pm wedding as the restaurants prefer to seat larger parties at opening (5/5.30). It will probably be better for the kids that way anyway - with a later meal they may well have fallen asleep!!

We are also having a reception back at home on September 26th for approx 150 people. I need to make my invitations but might find myself doing that nearer Christmas. All the people that are coming to the wedding already know they are invited.

We also got our copy of the contract today - the first time we sent it it was returned to us, so that's a relief - we also got our vouchers for the annual passes - looking forward to being able to access the annual passholder's section of the website!

Scrap_Vamp
11-01-2008, 08:09 AM
Wow, I knew it had been a while since I updated but didn't realise it had been quite this long!

Sorry for the delay, but we had some sad things happen in the family which took our mind off the wedding a little.

Anyway, all is now back on track, although the best man has now said he can't afford to come. Unofrtunately for DF, his parents moved him around all the time as a kid so he doesn't have a proper lifelong friend. So he asked a friend he got on well with at work but it now turns out he's a bit flakey, tbh. He didn't even attempt to save anything in the 6 months since Carl asked him, and now the prices are going up and he has left work, so he can't come, *sigh*.

On a positive note, mum and I sat and made the invitations on Tuesday (I've been on half term break from work this week). We made 30 completely (we are doing 100 in total), and did all the stamping, colouring, matting and layering for the others, so we now have 70 to be put together (it takes a while to measure the ribbon and cut the tiny card for the words, "Evening Invitation"!). I will be back to post a picture in a bit.

I also got a call today from the bridal store, asking me to come in for a fitting - really pleased, as I wasn't expecting the dress to be in until January! I'm pleased it exists, though, as the credit crunch makes you worry for small businesses.

OK, here is a picture of our invites:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0676.jpg

Scrap_Vamp
11-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Ooh look, another update in only a week lol!

I went and tried on my dress today - turns out it isn't 'my' one but they just wanted to do another fitting. I have put an inch on my waist which sends me up to the next size, but this happens every year at this time so I'm not worried. They are going to call and see if they can order the next size up but, if not, I will easily be able to have the smaller one let out, if needs be. I don't want to try and lose weight as my face looks terrible if I get too thin, plus I need more ****s to fill the dress!!

My mum took some photos so I will upload them one day when I'm round at her house.

Oh, and I also chose a tiara. For any other UK brides, if you saw Rachel Stevens on Strictly Come Dancing last week, with the half up-half down hair, that is how I want to look! Just struggling to find any pictures of it online though.

orangetiggs
11-09-2008, 12:52 PM
your wedding is coming around so fast,

we are going back for our anniversary next august! we may see you around!

Love the invites

keenercam
11-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Your invitation picture is so pretty! Did you affix each of the letters separately? If so, it looks fabulous and you have the patience of a saint! :thumbsup2

camara381
11-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Your invitations are really cute!

Scrap_Vamp
11-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the comments! Luckily the letters come as two words, and that takes long enough (my mum did that bit, though ;) ), don't think I could bare sitting there to do individual letters!

Sarah - we're at POFQ from August 16th til September 1st, so that must be pretty much the same time?

Scrap_Vamp
02-16-2009, 03:17 AM
Wow, it has been officially too long since I updated!

I have been so busy, being in pantomime every weekend in January, and before that the rehearsals. We then lost our internet connection for a month, so have had very limited access and only enough time to check emails - getting really bad DIS withdrawals!

Anyway, all is back on track. I truly can't believe it is 6 months tomorrow - that means the same length of time since we booked and that has just flown by!

I'm on half term holiday this week, so all systems are go for planning. Carl is off work Thursday and Friday so we are going shopping for rings, as well as taking little flower girl to get measured and look at accessories. Have found a dress for her from the US that is the perfect colour, so will probably send away for that - haven't found anything perfect over here yet. We're also going to finish the wording for the invites, and plan the order of our ceremony.

Back in January we spoke to Rosie from Floral and ordered my bouquet - I'm having the orange calla lilies and my bridesmaids are having a single, large, long-stemmed, white calla lily!

Mind you, I say bridesmaids....my younger SIL, my chief bridesmaid, told us a couple of weeks ago that she is pregnant. My mum thought I would be really upset, as she will be 7 months when we fly, but I'm really not a bridezilla - I can't change it by getting upset, so there's just no point! She's going to have a different style top now, and the only problem will be if she finds out she's having twins or ends up having any complications. I just feel for her being 7 months pregnant in August in Florida - it's her first trip there too!

Scrap_Vamp
02-17-2009, 04:07 AM
OK, I thought it would be good to post a pic of the dress we want for our flower girl:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/MS0710BORYCH.jpg

tinks_1989
02-17-2009, 05:38 AM
Hello fellow Dis brides

and wedding twin I am planning an escape wedding at SBP with CG lol

i cant wait to hear all about it lol

I love your invitations hours fly by when you are making them though dont they lol

have you made any descisions about floral's i would love to see

Scrap_Vamp
02-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Hi Tinks,

For floral I am having the mini calla lily bouquet in orange, and matching boutonnieres for the guys (DF, best man and my dad). Then adult bridesmaids are having a single large white calla lily with a long stem. Flower girl has rose petals to scatter, so no flowers.

Have decided not to have any decoration as we're keeping costs down and I love the natural look of SBP anyway.

We ordered our rings on Thursday, so here they are:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/untitled.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/jensring.jpg

Scrap_Vamp
03-11-2009, 02:12 PM
We got the call yesterday to say my ring has arrived! Unfortunately the company that makes it has gone into administration and the jewellers could only get one that was half a size smaller, but I'm giong to try it on Sunday and see how it goes.

We've also come to the realisation that my pregnant SIL (who was my chief bridesmaid) will no longer be able to travel as she has been diagnosed as anaemic. This means my brother and nephew probably won't come either.

However, my other SIL has stepped up as chief bridesmaid, and my other brother is best man. As my niece is flower girl we thought we should officially promote my younger nephew to pageboy, so we got him a really cute outfit:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/42831908_m1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/46811708_m1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/82833128_m1-1.jpg

Knelson85
05-19-2009, 02:52 PM
I just found your PJ. Your plans look so great! Can't wait for more updates :banana:

Scrap_Vamp
05-20-2009, 11:20 AM
I just found your PJ. Your plans look so great! Can't wait for more updates :banana:

Thank you :lovestruc

It really is time for an update!

Well, we now have our meals booked for the wedding day, the day before the wedding, and our first park day. All our couples meals will be in our third week so still have a few days before we can start booking those. So far we have:

Character breakfast - Princess at Akershus
Pre-wedding day dinner - Boma
Wedding Day dinner - California Grill

Meals to book are Artist Point (have already had this purchased from honeymoon registry by my grandad), Jiko, Fifties Prime Time Cafe, Citricos.

Luckily we're not too fussed about Fantasmic this year so aren't in any kind of scrum situation trying to book the dinner package!

We also have a Wishes fireworks cruise booked for the wedding night, boarding at 9pm at The Contemporary. This is for me, DF, my brother and SIL (who are Best Man and Maid of Honour), plus two friends.

I have my hair and make-up trial at home this Saturday and will be trying my dress and shoes on afterwards to get an idea of the full effect. I'm also trying to decide for certain whether I'm going to go for a tiara or not.

Invitations have gone out for our UK reception, and we're starting to get responses for those, which is exciting.

The things we still have to organise are spa-based for me, SIL and mum. Does anyone know how far in advance you can book spa treatments?

Phew, can't believe I left it so long to update again!

Scrap_Vamp
07-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Whoops, went too long without an update again, and now here I am just over four weeks away from the wedding!!

Well, I had my hair and make up trial, then went home and tried on my dress. In these pictures it is too big round the bust, so forgive the gaping bits!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC01650.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC01648.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC01638.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC01629.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC01642.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC01631.jpg

Since then I have found a new bridal shop to do the alterations (my original store closed), and I have my final fitting on Thursday.

We booked all our other ADRs, and I have booked the Sweetheart meal at Jiko as a surprise for Carl on our final night of the honeymoon. It is expensive but hopefully it will be a lovely end to the honeymoon. Plus, I'm always reading that the way to guarantee you have special things happen is to pay for them!

We've also been to see our co-ordinator at the hotel where we are holding our at home reception, and got confirmation on lots of details from her. Then we sorted out the balloons we are having at the reception for decoartion, and I found out they can do a balloon artistry bouquet for me, recreating my bouquet from Florida, and it should last about ten years. They showed me some examples and they were incredible! We are also having two four and a half foot tall walking characters - Minnie and Mickey, so that should help to keep the kids entertained!

I think that's everything for now - we are picking up the two bridesmaids outfits soon, so will post pictures of those asap.

MainStMandy
07-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Jeni your hair and makeup came out great! You make a beautiful bride!!

Scrap_Vamp
07-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Jeni your hair and makeup came out great! You make a beautiful bride!!

Oh, thank you - that's such a lovely thing to say!

Scrap_Vamp
07-19-2009, 09:27 AM
So I thought I would post photos of our inspiration for our "sweet shop" - we are having this instead of favours at our UK reception. We are printing labels that say "A gift from the wedding of Jeni and Carl" and then my mum is cutting tags from orange on her Cricut. We will then attach these to paper bags and guests can help themselves to pick and mix sweets! We are also having a set of square cupcakes with letters iced on the top which spell out the message "For our guests."

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/untitled-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/sweets_collage.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/picture_29_mo8f.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/amyatlas_candytable.jpg

What do you think? We have got a whole selection of different jars from IKEA, and are going to get a couple of acrylic martini glasses and ice cream dishes in the end of summer sales.

torsie24
07-19-2009, 09:50 AM
Ooooh, your hair and make up looks amazing!! :)

And I love the sweet shop idea!!! :)

Scrap_Vamp
07-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Ooooh, your hair and make up looks amazing!! :)

And I love the sweet shop idea!!! :)

Thank you Torsie - we originally saw the Sweet Shop idea in Confetti (it was in their last brochure) and figured we could do it cheaper ourselves!

Scrap_Vamp
07-31-2009, 04:02 AM
OK, I've got two lots of photos to post today, seeing as it is only two and a half weeks until the wedding now!

These are the pictures of me at my final dress fitting (some of you probably saw them on the other thread I put up in the main forum):

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC01987.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC01985.jpg

Obviously you need to imagine the hair and make-up this time!

Scrap_Vamp
07-31-2009, 04:36 AM
Ans here are the pictures of my niece trying on her dress. She wasn't feeling well and wanted to leave her trousers on, so that is what you can see underneath :love: She started dancing in front of the mirror when she put it on, though, and told us all she was a princess!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/Millie4.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/Millie3.jpg

In this next one you can see my nephew in the background, and shortly after the photo he pushed her off the podium :hug:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/Millie2.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/Millie1.jpg

I hope you like them! My mum also has one of my SIL in her outift but it hasn't been uploaded yet. We have photos of her at all the fittings but she was never smiling so didn't want to embarrass her by posting them, lol!

Scrap_Vamp
08-01-2009, 10:24 AM
So, having seen the flower girl, here are pictures of my nephew, Josh, in his outfit:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/Josh1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/Josh2.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/Josh3.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/Josh4.jpg

Wish on a Star
08-01-2009, 10:35 AM
OH MY GOD! Your niece and nephew are sooo cute!

Scrap_Vamp
08-01-2009, 10:40 AM
OH MY GOD! Your niece and nephew are sooo cute!

Thank you - I'll pass that onto their mum tonight!

Scrap_Vamp
08-05-2009, 02:51 AM
Wow - we're now less than two weeks away from our wedding!

I was just thinking about getting my breakfast (boring cereal!) and then had a text message from my mum pointing out that next Wednesday we will be at Akershus having breakfast with the princesses :cloud9:

We also started packing on Sunday, but I'm waiting until Sunday to pack my wedding dress at my mum's. I'm putting it into the biggest sized hand luggage case I could find, along with my shoes, veil, and other bits for me for the wedding.

Then Monday I faxed our final signed BEO and payment details across to Tanis, and yesterday our currency order came - it is all starting to feel very real now!

scarlet-la-belle
08-05-2009, 05:25 AM
You must be so excited now :cutie: And you look so lovely in you're dress :cloud9: AAWWW I am so excited for you.

malibustacey
08-05-2009, 09:15 AM
your niece and nephew look so adorable!

where did you get your currency from? I have found a website called Travelmoneyservices and you can order in advance and get a better rate?

How was the exchange rate for when paying for the wedding? I hope it was good for you!

Scrap_Vamp
08-05-2009, 03:02 PM
You must be so excited now :cutie: And you look so lovely in you're dress :cloud9: AAWWW I am so excited for you.

Thanks Scarlet - it is getting really exciting!

Scrap_Vamp
08-05-2009, 03:07 PM
your niece and nephew look so adorable!

Thank you!

where did you get your currency from? I have found a website called Travelmoneyservices and you can order in advance and get a better rate?

How was the exchange rate for when paying for the wedding? I hope it was good for you!

We used Travel Money Services - ordered and paid last August and got a rate of $1.89/pound - was very impressed with the service although I got nervous when lots of banks started going under in case something happened to them!

As for paying for the wedding, we opened a Citibank US dollar account last year when the rate started to drop, so we are paying from that. Just transferred another 2000 into it yesterday and the rate was 1.67 again, which is better than all the travel services. Having the account has been great for paying deposits by check, and we'll be paying the balance by check to all of the vendors. We also have a debit card with the account which we can use widely.

Boardwalk_bride
08-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Happy Wedding Day!!!

malibustacey
08-17-2009, 10:18 AM
HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!

I hope its everything you have dreamed of! :lovestruc

figmentfan814
08-24-2009, 10:32 PM
I just came across a posting of yours on another thread, which lead me to your PJ. I hope you had a wonderful wedding last week. Congratulations and I hope all your dreams came true. Looking forward to seeing your pictures :bride:

Scrap_Vamp
08-25-2009, 03:52 PM
Thank you Figment Fan - I will be updating with my trip report once I get home, and posting photos!

Pirate's Princess
08-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Happy belated wedding! Congratulations on the embarking of your new life together! :lovestruc Can't wait to read the TR!

Kirsteen
09-09-2009, 03:46 AM
Hi Jen, just found your PJ - you were a beautiful bride, I loved your colours and your neice and nephew looked goregous in their outfits. Have you started your TR yet? I can't wait to read all about it. P.S I think we've 'chatted' on UKS - I was inspired by a LO you did in SI - the orange car one, how funny that you went on to have orange theme for your wedding :goodvibes

Scrap_Vamp
09-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Hi Kirsteen!

I haven't been over to UKS in ages - got totally caught up wedding planning, although I'm just printing some photos for scrapping.

I will start my trip report soon - maybe even tonight, once I get done with the photos!

Scrap_Vamp
09-09-2009, 03:44 PM
OK, so I was very good while away and I kept my journal up to date so it wouldn't be too difficult to do my trip report!

I'm going to start tonight but we're really busy at the moment, as our home reception is on September 26th, and my sister-in-law is having her caesarean tomorrow, so I will have a new niece. We're also baby sitting my nephew tomorrow evening so I won't be online. Basically I'm apologising in advance if it sometimes takes me a while to update...

Day 1 - Monday August 10th

As we were staying the night at Gatwick airport, we woke up at about 8am ( a nice lie in!), and spoke to mum before everyone else headed off to the airport. We spent the morning running errands and doing final checks of all the packing. We had taken the cats to the cattery on Sunday, so we gave the flat a thorough clean, too. We heard from mum a couple of times at the airport, saying there was a problem with Virgin's computer systems and massive queues. Due to mum's disability and the fact she was already down to receive special assistance, they were taken out of the main queue and dealt with separately. After about an hour's delay they were off.

We had a leisurely lunch and headed off to the airport at abuot 2.30. After we'd been driving for fifteen minutes we realised we had forgotten our "airport money" that we'd saved for our evening meal and breakfast, so we went back to get it. We were then on the road properly at 3pm!

After arriving at the car park we got the coach to the North Terminal and checked in at the Sofitel, before heading across to the South Terminal for Twilight check in. While at the South Terminal we ate dinner at Frankie and Benny's, having eaten there before our last Florida trip in 2006. I think this will be a tradition now. We also decided we would eat at Frankie and Benny's for breakfast as they had a restaurant the other side of security as well.

AFter this we went back to the Sofitel and opened the small bottle of champagne that one of Carl's colleagues had bought for us. We slept at about 10pm but I didn't sleep well as I kept waking to check if I'd had a text message from my mum or brother, and I hadn't.

Here are a couple of photos from the Sofitel:

The Lobby
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0009.jpg

Our room
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0001.jpg

The bathroom
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0005.jpg

The view from the window
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0006.jpg

Day 2 - Tuesday 11th August

We woke up at 6.30, having not slept that well, and had a call from my younger brother (who wasn't coming on the trip due to his wife being heavily pregnant). He also hadn't heard from anyone, although by this time it would be 1.30am in Florida so they would be asleep. We sent text messages and agreed to let each other know if we heard anything.

We checked out of the Sofitel after showering etc. and were going through security at 8am. We checked the boards for information on our flight (due to board at 10.30) and found that there was a delay. We headed straight for Frankie and Benny's to have breakfast, and only had to wait a short while to be seated. After breakfast we did a little duty free shopping before boarding the plane at 11.40. At the gate I picked up a copy of 'Hello!' and decided to keep it because the date on the front was August 17th 2009 - our wedding day!

We took off at 12.30 and the seats were OK, although the sound on my entertainment system wasn't working, so Carl and I took it in turns to listen to the sound through his connector. My vegetarian meal was delivered early, and wasn't bad for aeroplane food. Carl's meal was OK too. We landed at 4pm, having made up some of our delay, and our luggage was some of the first off at the first carousel. It didn't take long at immigration, either, as we chose the right hand queue. I tried to persuade Carl to keep the luggage with us, but he wanted to send it away again, and it took longer to come back this time! At this point I also turned my phone on, and had a text from my brother to say he had heard from my mum. We checked in easily for the Magical Express and finally arrived at Pop Century at about 6pm. We had a problem with paying the balance on our room, though, as our Citibank card wasn't accepted and had to use our honeymoon gift card instead.

At our room, which was in the 70s building like we had requested, our Garden Grocer delivery was brought over to us. After this we went over to Downtown Disney and ate at the Earl of Sandwich. Carl had a cannonball sandwich, while I had the tuna melt. I couldn't help worrying about the card not working, though, and wasn't able to enjoy my food, as that account had almost all of our spending money, and the money to pay the balance of the wedding, balance of accommodation, and the vendors! As it was too late to call the UK, we went to bed, and once again I didn't sleep well.

Carl at Earl of Sandwich
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0014.jpg

Me at Earl of Sandwich with a forced smile!
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0011.jpg

The carousel
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0015.jpg

gemmybear83
09-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Great start - but I hope you get the card situation sorted out! We have a Fairfx card for this trip, planning on getting all the cash out when we land to and put in the safe so we dont have transaction problems!

CHEK
09-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Great start, but poor you and the stress! hope you managed to get the card sorted?

Happy baby sitting for tomorrow....and how exciting waiting for that phonecall princess:

suzycute
09-09-2009, 04:45 PM
I'm really looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip! :thumbsup2

Scrap_Vamp
09-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Due to my worries over the Citibank card we woke up at 4am. Carl walked over to the lobby and bought a phone card, then came back to the room where we called Citibank. It turns out they hadn't activated our cards as they were supposed to have done! They completed activation on Carl's card on the phone but said I would have to make another phone call to activate mine, so we just decided to use Carl's card for the remainder of the holiday. Carl then went back to the lobby and withdrew $500 (our maximum) so we could build up enough cash to pay the balance at POFQ when we transferred there on Sunday.

After this, we decided to have a wander around the resort in the dark and took some pictures. We also found one or two other holiday makers up and about, plus the usual rabbits and squirrels. Bizarrely, there was also a domestic cat - now that's something I've not come across at a Disney resort before! By now I'm feeling much more at ease and can now start to enjoy the holiday.

Rubix Cubes - view from balcony
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0016.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0018.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0023.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0021.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0030.jpg

As we had breakfast at Akershus booked for 8.30 we had arranged to meet the rest of the family at the entrance to EPCOT at 8am. After showering in the room, we got a refillable mug and drank a coffee in Everything POP dining area at 7am, then got the bus to EPCOT at 7.30. We arrived at 7.45 and went straight to the ticket office to exchange our Annual Pass vouchers, which was done quickly and easily. I also realised I had forgotten a pen for autographs so I picked an EPCOT pen for me, and a Princess pen for Amelia and Joshua. We went through bag check, and were just having a CM take our photo when the others came through the bag check.

Self portrait on the bus
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0034.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0035.jpg

The kids were pleased with their pen and First Visit badges
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0037.jpg

Mum's ECV
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0038.jpg

We all walked to Norway together, and it was lovely seeing the park so empty. We arrived about 15 minutes early for the ADR time, and were seated at about 8.35. We were really pleased to be greeted by Belle in her yellow dress for the photo package, and then saw Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Ariel and Cinderella while we ate. I was particularly happy with that combination as I've never seen Belle in yellow, have never met Ariel at all, and wasn't expecting to see Cinderella at all! Our server was friendly and helpful, and we all enjoyed the food - especially Carl and Robin!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0048.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0056-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0067-1.jpg

While the others finished up with breakfast and changed Josh, Carl and I speed walked to Soarin' to pick up FPs as it was now about 9.30. We then sat and watched the seagulls shouting "Mine! Mine!" outside the Seas until the others caught up with us. We then did the Nemo ride as a walk on, looked around the various underwater exhibits, and had a great time at Turtle Talk with Crush.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0079.jpg

After this we wandered through Innoventions for a bit, where my brother was intrigued by the Segways, and the kids went off to sleep. Next stop was Club Cool where Carl and I succeeded in getting all the adults to try Beverly!!

Rowena's reaction:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0081.jpg

Robin's reaction:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0082.jpg

After this it was time for our Soarin' FPs. We had seven tickets and only six of us tall enough to ride (Amelia is tiny even though she's three!), so Carl went on with mum and dad first, then he rode with me, Rob and Row.

The kids were awake after this so we went and rode Journey Into Imagination - after the ride they spent ages playing on the sction where the instruments light up on the floor and you have to jump on them. We also turned Josh into a monkey using one of the photo stations. By this time crowds were picking up but still weren't too bad.

As the kids were hungry we went over to the Electric Umbrella. Carl and I just got a drink, as we had packed a cool bag full of snacks. After lunch Amelia and I went to the loo, and came back to find Josh had been taken to first aid as he had caught his finger in part of my mum's ECV!

Once we were all back together, we headed into World Showcase via Canada, and Rob and Carl had a beer in the Rose and Crown. The rest of us sat in the shade at the back of the UK pavilion. After this we met Belle wearing her blue and white dress in France. When Amelia said her mummy looked like Princess Jasmine, Belle asked if she could belly dance too! We followed this meeting up with Aladdin in Morocco, but Amelia was a bit wary of him. Rowena said she thought he was trying to chat me up, even though I was wearing my "Bride-to-be" T-shirt.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0094.jpg

Amelia posing by the earth barge
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0099.jpg

At this point the kids were quite tired again, so Rob and Row decided to head back to their villa (at Windsor Hills). Carl and I walked around to Mexico with mum and dad, where we bought frozen strawberry margheritas for us girls. This was followed up with a CS tea in China (very tasty), which mum and dad insisted on paying for. Carl and I agreed we would have to sneakily pay for their lunch the next day! By this time my shoes had decided to give me blisters (although they never have before) so mum got out her spray-on plaster. I was sceptical about whether it was a good idea, and it turns out that I was right - I have never felt such an insane stinging pain!! When I finally let her do the second heel, the people nearby thought something was really wrong with me from the faces I pulled. I must admit, though, once the pain was gone it did make a difference.

For the end of the day we headed out of the International Gateway onto the Boardwalk, as we would be getting married at Sea Breeze Point and had never visited in person. Suddenly this all became very real, and I could picture us standing there in a few days' time. While on the Boardwalk we played on one of the sideshow games, but didn't win anything.

Sea Breeze Point
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0102.jpg

Mum and dad then went back, so Carl and I decided to walk the path from the Boardwalk to Hollywood Studios, another new experience. All was fine until it got horrendously dark. We were almost there when the torrential rain set in. After sheltering for over fifteen minutes we decided to make a run for it. By the time we reached the POP Century bus stop we were soaked to the skin - I could have entered a wet T-shirt contest! Luckily on the bus the driver turned the AC off because so many people were cold. We wrung out our clothing, and went to be reasonably early after two incredibly long days - this night I finally did sleep well!

Wringing out our clothing
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0107.jpg

Tomorrow - a trip to the Courthouse to pick up our license :yay:

Scrap_Vamp
09-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the comments guys! I promise to let you know the baby's name as soon as I can - it's a girl but they've not told anyone the name. Amelia named the baby "Little Bird" and I think she'll be disappointed that that isn't her real name, bless her. :lovestruc

tinks_1989
09-10-2009, 03:06 AM
just been reading all your PJ and TR your hair is lovely on your wedding

Scrap_Vamp
09-10-2009, 03:02 PM
just been reading all your PJ and TR your hair is lovely on your wedding

Thank you Tinks!

I'm afraid I can't tell anyone a baby name just yet - there were so many emergency caesareans today that SIL (Sophie) has been pushed back to tomorrow - so the poor girl will have 9/11 as her birthday!

Anyway, I'll add at least one more day to the trip report as a result, lol.

Scrap_Vamp
09-10-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm afraid I don't have any photos for today - not sure why but we just didn't seem to take any!

After the first decent night's sleep in 3 days, we woke up at 7.30 and headed over to the food court to get breakfast. I had the Mickey waffle with strawberry topping and a fresh fruit cup, while Carl had the adult platter with a side of sausage and bacon. At about 8am the CMs rounded up lots of kids and everybody did the Twist. (I forgot to say before, but when waiting to check in we saw the CMs do the hustle in the lobby too!)

At 9am mum and dad picked us up, and we went to find the courthouse. This proved very easy to find, and once there it took us only 15 minutes to sort out getting our license - way easier than the hassle it would have been to do it by post before we went. We had to go through security clearance and bag check when we went in, exactly like at the Empire State Building in NYC - imagine doing that at your local council building!

After the courthouse we were thirsty, and on the drive back along the 192 we decided to stop at Starbucks. Mum and dad had iced coffees, Carl had a smoothie, and I had a hot green tea (still trying to look after my skin!). The next stop was Jo-Ann's - I wish we had big name craft stores that were as good as this. Most of my holiday spending goes on scrapbooking products as they are so much cheaper, basically because they are produced in the US. We spent an hour in there, and got even better bargains because they were having a Founder's Day sale with 40% off all papercrafting products. While mum and I browsed in Jo-Ann's, dad and Carl spent about half of that time in a game shop.

Now it was time for lunch, so we went to Subway, where Carl and I succeeded in paying for mum and dad's lunch! This was followed by some shopping in Publix, so I was able to pick up some moleskin - although Pop Century had a great range of medical supplies, they didn't sell moleskin.

In the afternoon we went to the villa at Windsor Hills where mum, dad, Rob, Row and the kids were staying. Shortly after arriving I had a call from Tanis, my wedding co-ordinator, to say she hadn't received the fax with our payment details that I had sent a week previously from the UK. She said not to worry, and to fax it from Pop Century when we got back. The annoying thing was they did it for free, and I paid 12 at the library for the one that didn't go through! After this Ihad a quick check online as the villa had free wifi, and added some photos to Facebook. I also hung my wedding dress up, well away from Carl.

Next item on the agenda was pool time, so we all went over to the main pool at Windsor Hills complex. We had great fun, and Carl and I went on the slide, which was incredibly fast. Sadly after about an hour, the thunder started, so we had to get out, but we got back into the villa just as the torrential rains came again. But not before Amelia decided to take her swimming costume off by the poolside, and Row got told off for having a naked child! Like a three year old knows what she is doing?! Anyway, back at the villa Robin cooked spaghetti bolognese and made a side salad with garlic bread, which was very tasty.

At 7.30 mum and dad brought us back to Pop Century where we showed them around and did some shopping at Everything Pop. We finished up by getting some hot chocolate in our refillable mug at 9pm, although Carl drank most of it as it was incredibly sweet!

Tomorrow: Animal Kingdom for Rowena's birthday.

Scrap_Vamp
09-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Today was Rowena's birthday and she had said that she would like to eat at IHOP for breakfast. The night before we booked a taxi to pick us up at 7.20am. When we got to the front of the resort we asked a taxi driver who was there if he was waiting for us and he didn't seem sure but said he would take us. After driving for less than ten minutes he pulled into an IHOP, and we were convinced it wasn't the right one, as we hadn't driven far enough. He insisted it was, and wouldn't take us anywhere else. We found a payphone and tried to call the villa, but it seemed the others had already left. Robin returned my call on my mobile at 7.45, and came to pick us up ince we worked out where we were. We finally got to the correct IHOP at 8.10, when we were planning to meet at 7.45!

We all had a good breakfast, and Row said she liked her birthday presents. I had spinach and mushroom omelette with fresh fruit, but the omelette was huge and I could only eat half of it. Having planned to be at Animal Kingdom for 9am, we left IHOP at 9.05. Luckily we were right by the Sherberth Road shortcut, and were parking at 9.15. Once inside the plan was for me to stay with Rob and Row and the kids and get FPs for Expedition Everest, using the centralised FP area. Carl was to go with mum and dad to order the Picnic in the Park, then we would all meet at Kilimanjaro Safaris.

The first problem happened when Row went to get her birthday gift card - I thought she had to go to guest services at AK, when she actually had to go to Will Call, and we were held up by nearly half an hour in the queues. Eventually it is all sorted out, we quickly get our FPs (loved that we didn't have to go all the way over to Asia!) and got to the entrance of KS at 10am. When we got there we found the others had been having a god old chat with a wonderful CM named Joseph, and had told him all about Row's birthday and the wedding. He then took us through the FP entrance as a special gift because mum, dad and Carl had been there the length of the queue time! When we came off the ride, Carl and I gave him a postcard from our local area to say thank you.

Rowena with her birthday badge
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0112.jpg

On the Safari vehicle
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0113.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0114.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0115.jpg

Giraffes - my favourites on the safari - including a baby
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0125.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0128.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0129.jpg

After the safari the kids were in need of a nap, and it tied in with our FP return time for EE. Carl, dad, Rob and I all rode, which left us with 3 FPs over for later. Betti was definitely in B mode on this day, you could barely see her at all on the final descent. After the ride, Carl and I walked to get FPs for Kali River Rapids, then met the others back in Dinoland USA. Amelia was still asleep but Joshua had woken up. While dad, Carl, Rob and I queue for Primeval Whirl, Row takes Josh in the Boneyard. Queue time stated 20 minutes but waited just under 15.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0147.jpg

The next plan was to ride Kali River Rapids but Amelia was awake, so Rob, Row and the kids ride Triceratop Spin. Mum goes to play on the sideshow games, and wins a soft toy. After this we walk to the Bakery and pick up our lunch. There was more than enough food between us all, having got the meal for 5 people between 6 adults and two kids!

Pictures of our food
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0150.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0151.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0152.jpg

After lunch we doubled back to Camp Minnie Mickey so the kids could meet some characters and we could watch Festival of the Lion King - this is my favourite show in all of Disney World. Before the show we meet Chip n Dale, and the kids meet Donald - Joshua immediately seems to love all the fur characters! For the show we are seated in the front of the Warthog section, and really enjoy it.

The next stop is meeting more characters - Minnie and Mickey themselves! Carl and I go to get ourselves a frozen drink and, on the way back, sit and watch Geetar Dan. We tell him that we are getting married in a couple of days, and he sings a song about us, having asked a few questions, and we are able to video it. Terk appeared right after our song finished, and had no queue, so Carl and I had another character meeting. We then caught up with the others in the queue for Goofy (second in line and no-one behind them). Had great fun here, as Goofy gets excited about the prospect of our wedding and tries to escort us through Camp Minnie Mickey!

Meeting some of the characters:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0156.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0164.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0175.jpg

We decide then that we will go over to Kali River Rapids to use the FPs, but haven't realised the time - we get caught up watching the parade twice but the kids are thrilled with this. As it came back into Africa we managed to get a great spot, without having to do any waiting ahead of time.

When we got to Kali, Rob and Row said they would need to take the kids home soon. As a result, it was decided that mum, Carl and I would take the kids to Finding Nemo the musical, and Rob, Row and dad would ride Kali then meet us afterwards. For the show we sit in the disabled section in the row just behind the centre aisle, so we had a great view. Josh almost falls asleep again, but is wide awake as soon as Crush comes on!

After the show, the others head back to their villa, so Carl and I decide to make use of the spare FPs for Everest - we are lucky enough to get to ride in the front row, which was a new experience and amazing! By this time we dont feel like getting wet and, although we will be going to Magic Kingdom the next day, decide to check out EMH there tonight. So we got the bust to the TTC, then on to the monorail. We savour walking up Main Street for the first time on this trip!

Our first stop is Exposition Hall where we take some funny photos:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0180.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0182.jpg

We follow this up by visiting the hat shop, looking for the tuxedo Mickey ears for Carl, as he doesn't want the top hat. I had got my ears at DTD on the first night (the hat rather than the headband). They didn't have them, but we did pick up the phone and listen to the conversations on the other end, which made us laugh.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0184.jpg

We then look in some of the shops along Main Street, and watch the giant Mickey shaped rice krispie treats being moulded. Carl also does one of his favourite things, which is to watch the glass moulding being done. By this time Carl has a craving for funnel cake, as we haven't eaten since lunch, so we cross to Sleepy Hollow. While in the Liberty Square are we watch Hall of Presiedents. This was an interesting experience as neither of us have ever done it before, and it was quite eerie seeing the Obama anamatronic.

As we had last ridden POTC on its final night in its original form at an evening EMH we decide that should be next on the list. We wait for about 5 minutes before getting on. We enjoyed seeing the new additions.

Having spoken to a Photopass CM on Main Street, she advised us to try County Bounty for the tuxedo hat, so we then got the train from Frontierland to Toontown Fair. We didn't find the hat so we walked through to Tomorrowland to try out the Laugh Floor, which really did make us laugh. AFter this it was 9.30, so we decided to head off as we would be back again the next day. We were able to use the shortcut around the back of the Main Street shops to avoid the crowds from SPectromagic, which was very helpful.

Day 6: Magic Kingdom and UK DIS meet at Captain Cook's :yay:

Scrap_Vamp
09-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Hi all - before updating my TR I just wanted to let you know that Libbi Grace Boyns was born today at 10.25am, and weighed 7lbs 4oz :lovestruc

OK, now back to our regular scheduled programming....

As I said, today we were heading for our first full day at the Magic Kingdom. Due to a bit of dithering on the part of my brother and SIL over the past couple of days, we said that we'd meet them in front of the Railroad Station if they arrived before 9am, or else we would be in Fantasyland.

Well, we arrived at about 8.25, and got a spot centrally placed for the opening ceremony. I love being at MK for rope drop and, personally, I can never see that show too many times - it always makes me cry! This time was no different, and while waiting we also got speaking to a couple of lovely families who were both celebrating birthdays. One of the mums even took a photo for us.

Crowds (or not!) at 8.25
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0188.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0189.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0194.jpg

One of Carl's favourite sights at Disney
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0192.jpg

After the first crowds had cleared we checked around us and couldn't see the family so we went through to Fantasyland.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0196.jpg

As we came through the castle the Fairy Godmother was signing autographs so we stopped to meet her as we never have before.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0200.jpg

Peter Pan's flight had a 5 minute wait so we got in the stanby queue, and followed up with Cinderella's carousel, which we walked right on. Unfortunately there was one group right in front of us, and they were also looking to ride Cinderella's horse, so I didn't get to do that!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0202.jpg

While on the carousel we spotted the others coming through the castle. We caught their attention and decided to go straight on It's A Small World, which was also a walk on. We had to wait a little bit, though, as my mum was taken down to the disabled entrance. We thought Robin wouldn't be impressed by this ride, and Carl loathes it due to the song, so we were really surprised when he came off saying he loved it! He really enjoyed explaining the different countries to the kids. This we followed up with Peter Pan's flight. The standby queue was about 20 minutes by this time but we were able to use the disabled entrance so didn't have to wait too long.

Next stop for me and Carl was to head into Frontierland and pick up FPs. We decided to go for Big Thunder Mountain first. The others were riding the carousel at this point, although when we got back we found out Amelia had refused to get on, so the others rode while she stayed with my mum. Rob and Row were, by this time, in the queue for Dumbo, which said 15 mins standby - it was now 10.30am. As we didn't want to wait in the sun, Carl and I went to investigate the queue for Snow White's scary adventures - the sign said 15 minutes but we only waited about 5, which was great. By the time we came off the others were just about to get on Dumbo- they had actually waited about 15 minutes in the end.

Our final stop in Fantasyland was Philharmagic, and my dad later said this was one of his favourite things in the whole trip! I think it was slightly different at the beginning from our trip in 2006 - I'm sure that time Mickey told Donald not to go into his vault, but Donald did, and that's how he ended up in the movies? Anyway, I'm not sure but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0205.jpg

We then made our way (slowly, which was painful for me and Carl!) to Frontierland. By this time we were able to get FPs for Splash Mountain, and then rode BTMRR. Again, this was me, Carl, dad and Robin. After the ride we needed food so headed to Pecos Bill. Most of us had taco salads, which I actually haven't had at Disney since our first trip in 1996! After lunch we used our FPs for Splash, where we didn't get too wet - on our last trip we got caught by the extra blast of water and wound up getting soaked at the very start of the ride.

Carl and I then said we would go our own way, as it was after 1pm and we had the UK DIS meet at 3pm. We walked back into Liberty Square to check the standby time for Haunted Mansion. It was 15 minutes so we joined the queue. As usual we got a couple of dirty looks for following the instruction to fill in all available space :confused: In the end we actually waited about 10 minutes.

The plan was then to watch the Dream ALong with Mickey stage show , then to head out of the park at 2.30. And this was exactly what we did! We got the monorail over to the Poly, and arrived at about 2.50. We found Captain Cook's, and immediately spotted WayneG with his family. We spent a very enjoyable two hours with everyone there, and had a lovely surprise as Wayne and Karen gave us a beautiful Christmas decoration to celebrate our wedding.

This was the photo taken on my camera, which was about the sixth one we asked the CM cleaning tables to take - luckily he was very friendly!
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0210.jpg

Just after 5 o'Clock we got the monorail back to Magic Kingdom and arrived through the gates at 5.30.

Balloons on Main Street - I like the buildings in the reflection
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0211.jpg

We went through to Tomorrowland, where we picked up FPs for Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. As we were hungry we decided to try out Columbia Harbour House, having never been there before. We split a tuna sandwich, with a side order of grapes, and a portion of chicken nuggets, and it was delicious. This has become our second favourite Counter Service location in the parks, just behind Sunshine Seasons at EPCOT. After tea we went back and Rode Buzz - this is one of Carl's favourite rides!

We then did the rest of the railroad loop that we started the night before, by riding from Toontown to Frontierland. When we got there we used the spare FPs from earlier to ride BTMRR again, and gave away the 3 spare Splash Mountain FPs to a family we heard talking about getting into a 50 minute standby line. They were very pleased!

Our next job was to meet up with mum and dad again on the bridge by Sleepy Hollow. We were about 5 minutes late for our 7pm meeting time and found, to our surprise, that they hadn't gone back to the villa with the others for a rest, but had been at MK the whole time! As they hadn't eaten, we recommended Columbia Harbour House, and sat with them while they ate. We resisted the temptation to eat again! During the meal, mum and dad mentioned that in all three previous trips they had never ridden Haunted Mansion, so this was where we went next. Once again we waited less than ten minutes. By this time it was about 8.10 so we went to the disabled parade viewing area opposite the Hall of Presidents. Dad and I went to get Mickey ice cream bars for everyone while mum and Carl waited and chatted. Spectromagic was wonderful and we had a really good view.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0217.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0218.jpg

We then thought that it would be a good idea to remain in Liberty Square to watch Wishes, rather than fight the crowds in front of the castle with mum in an ECV. At about 9.45 there was a torrential rainstorm. We put on ponchos and tried to sit it out, but ended up sheltering by the entrance to Hall of Presidents. The rain eased, and eventually stopped, but then the thunder and lightning came. At 9pm Jiminy Cricket's voice came on and announced that Wishes would be delayed, but would start shortly. We heard the message again at 9.05, and Wishes finally began at about 9.15pm. After Wishes we went to Casey's and got hot chocolate/coffee. We sat and enjoyed our drinks, listening to the music and waiting for the kiss goodnight while the crowds dispersed. Funnily, we realised we were sat right next to one of the families we had chatted to at the opening ceremony, so we asked the little girl if she had had a lovely birthday, and they wished us all the best for the wedding.

We walked sown Main Street just before 11pm. Mum and dad went to the car park, while we went to the bus stop. There was next to no queue by this time, and we waited about 5 minutes for the bus. We finally got back to Pop Century for our last night there at about 11.45.

Tomorrow: switching resorts, Boma, and the day before the wedding!

Chilly
09-12-2009, 02:19 PM
More please :goodvibes

Scrap_Vamp
09-13-2009, 04:35 AM
Lol Claire!

I need to upload some more photos to Photobucket but will try and do another day this morning. We have to go to my mum's at 11 to have a trial run of putting up the gazebo - in two weeks it it our at home reception, and then on the Sunday my mum is having a garden party - hence the gazebo!

Scrap_Vamp
09-13-2009, 05:25 AM
Today was the day we were transferring from Pop Century to POFQ. We got up just after 7 and packed up the few bits and pieces that we had unpacked - toiletries etc - and at 9am we went to check out as we had no credit card attached. Well, the queue was horrendous as about a million people seemed to be checking in! We'd completely missed the fact that free dining started today. We had arranged for mum and dad to pick us up at 9.30 so Carl stayed in the queue to check out, and I went back to the room and moved the cases outside to wait for them. They arrived shortly after 9.30, and as dad took the cases to the car Carl arrived - he'd had a lucky break as a CM with a laptop was prowling the queues to find any people simply trying to check out.

We arrived at POFQ just before 10am and went straight to check in, where there was no queue. Luckily enough our room was ready for us, and the duty manager upgraded us to a King room on the corner with a courtyard view - we couldn't believe our luck! It was such a lovely view, not far from the pool or the main building, and it was wonderful having the natural light from two windows. We took our bags over, and then went to get a drink in the food court, where we bought a new refillable mug.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0230.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0231.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0232.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0234.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0235.jpg

Our view
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0237.jpg

Our next plan was to go to the Florida Mall so Row and I could get manicures (plus a pedicure for me). We arrived at bout 12pm and had lunch at the food court. Carl and I shared a delicious Chinese meal. After lunch we got our nails done at Nails Ave. while the other browsed the shops. After my nails Carl and i browsed the shops briefly, and then we headed back, arriving at POFQ at 3pm. The gift baskets by Betsy had arrived and, to our surprise, as well as the four for the children, there was one for us! Carl and I got etched Mickey wine glasses, some golf bits for him including a baseball cap, and some bath bits for me from Basin. And best of all was bride and groom ears - this time it was the headband for me, and the tuxedo ears for Carl! For the rest of the holiday grooms would ask him where he got his ears, as they were out of stock in all the stores.

The gift baskets
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0238.jpg

Our gift basket
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0240.jpg

The contents of our basket (minus ears!)
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0245.jpg

We then got ready for our meal at Boma and were picked up at 4.45 (wearing our ears!). Our reservation was at 5.10, and we checked in almost dead on this time. We only had to wait three minutes for our table but Rob and Row hadn't arrived, so we waited another ten minutes until they were there, then we were seated. I had a delicious passion fruit mojito for a drink, and Rowena had a glowtini (I think that's what it was called!). We had a delicious meal, and were also given a special congratulations dessert platter to share. We got lots of comments from other diners too, who were lovely.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0247.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0248.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0249.jpg

A glowtini
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0250.jpg

Passion fruit mojito
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0251.jpg

Some of my dinner!
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0252.jpg

Kids eating
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0253.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0255.jpg

Mum
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0256.jpg

Dessert
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0257.jpg

Millie with the Minnie from her gift basket
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0258.jpg

Wearing my ears!
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0259.jpg

At about 7.15 we went out to the Savannah to look at the animals - Josh dropped his dummy down the bank, so we let a CM know and she fished it out! Millie then wanted to listen to the storytelling around the firepit, and followed that by joining in with the musical instrument parade. She got a lovely certificate for doing that. Carl and I relaxed in the rocking chairs and enjoyed watching the animals. Before returning to POFQ we shopped, and I finally bought the Wishes CD - I never bought it on our last trip and regretted that ever since! We eventually arrived at FQ at 8.50, and headed straight for bed as we knew we had a big day ahead...

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0261.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0262.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0265.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0267.jpg

Tomorrow - wedding day!!!

gemmybear83
09-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Oooh lovely days can't wait to read all about the wedding day :goodvibes

MainStMandy
09-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Loving your updates and can't wait till you get to the wedding :)

Chilly
09-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Good luck putting the gazebo up.

Stefy
09-14-2009, 03:27 AM
Am all caught up and am loving reading so far :)

A quick question about the baskets were they made by Disney Florist?

Can't wait to read about the wedding day.

CHEK
09-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Ohhh great report....glad you got the Wishes CD, I bought it for my DH a couple of years ago and we play it all the time, I even have it as my mobile ring tone :thumbsup2

The gift baskets look lovely, who ordered yours?

Can't wait to read all about your Wedding Day :flower3:

rachy
09-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Just caught up, can't wait to read about wedding day! xx

Scrap_Vamp
09-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Thank you for all your comments :cutie:

Our gift baskets came from Memories by Betsy, and I think my mum found Betsy great to work with - she made it really easy to co-ordinate five baskets over email correspondance! She also did a really good job of choosing gifts to suit the briefs that my mum gave her.

We got the gazebos up fine on Sunday but it's a good thing we had a practise run as it wasn't quite as easy as everyone thought it was going to be!

If I don't get a chance to update with the first part of the wedding day tonight, I promise I will work on it tomorrow evening! I'm just finishing ordering the photobooks (with Randy's pictures) that we are giving parents/bridesmaids etc as gifts.

Scrap_Vamp
09-16-2009, 02:43 PM
OK, as we had so much going on on the actual wedding day, plus many photos that I want to share, I'm going to post this in sections!

SO we started the day after our first night in the King bed at POFQ - that was wierd, simply because the bed was so big! Plus, I didn't sleep that well - I kept running over things in my mind. We woke up at about 7am, and started to get showered etc. We killed time by eating a bit of breakfast, and watching TV - found some highly amusing infomercials, which kept us entertained! I also surfed the internet briefly as I had logged on the night before and was still within my 24 hours' access.

Mum and Row were due to arrive with my dress at 10.15 so Carl went off to the arcade. It felt wierd knowing the next time I saw him I would be in a wedding dress and walking down the aisle to get married! Shortly after, dad and Rowena arrived carrying my wedding dress, and other bits and pieces. Mum went to tell Carl he could go out and wait by the car. I unpacked the rest of the items from my carry-on suitcase, including the veil and the jewellery. I then opened the jewellery that was a gift from Carl, and it was beautiful - it went perfectly with my dress!

Now I'm going to tell you a bit about the boys getting ready at the villa, as Carl is here with me! He arrived back at the villa at about 10.50, where Robin made some lunch for everyone. At this point it was dad, Carl, Robin, Joshua and Amelia, as dad would be bringing Amelia to POFQ in a taxi later on. They killed time by watching TV, chatting, and playing with the kids.

Dad and Amelia left at 11.40, and Randy Chapman arrived at midday, right on schedule. This was the time that Robin and Carl started to get ready. It's a lot easier for the men to get sorted than the women!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC012428-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC000128-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC012788-17-09-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC000278-17-09.jpg

They dressed Joshua up for the photos but undressed him again as he dribbles so much!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC000408-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC000878-17-09.jpg

Before Randy left, the limousine had turned up, so some shots were taken out there. Randy also took the opportunity to get some photos of Carl with his own car, as he said he had never got photos of a groom with his car before.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC013078-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC013318-17-09.jpg

Shortly after this they headed off for the Boardwalk.

Scrap_Vamp
09-16-2009, 04:29 PM
OK, so we've left the boys at the Boardwalk, so now I'll go back to what I know about first hand - what was happening over at POFQ!

At 10.35 Patricia Lejeune arrived. Immediately I could tell we were all going to get along well - Patricia is just so much fun, and really made me feel at ease. She started off by prepping my hair, which involved tonging it - by the time she was done I looked like Shirley Temple, lol :rotfl2: After this she started on mum's hair and make-up. While waiting I watched some TV and chatted, before Row and I headed to the food court to pick up some snacks and refill the mugs. It was quite amusing going over with my hair like that - it would have been better if I had been wearing my "Bride" tracksuit bottoms but mum had forgotten to bring them over, so I'd have to wait until dad got there.

Dad and Amelia then arrived just before midday, and they had a wander around the resort so that Millie didn't get bored. Meanwhile Patricia applied most of my make-up, and started to finish my hair.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC013468-17-09-1.jpg

At this point Randy arrived and got straight to work taking photos of just about everything! Next for me was putting on my dress. Mum was trying hard to lace it up but having a little trouble, so Randy stepped in and helped her! Bizarrely my dress had a lace up inside, then a zip, then decorative buttons! But we got there in the end.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC013948-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC014048-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC001268-17-09.jpg

Once my dress was on, and I'd put on my jewellery and shoes, Patricia finished doing Rowena's hair and put the finishing touches to my hair and make-up.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC014288-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC014278-17-09.jpg

Finally she put the comb in my hair so that my mum could attach my veil. Finally I felt properly like a bride and I couldn't have been happier with my look - Patricia did an absolutely amazing job, and I can't recommend her highly enough.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC014828-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC002488-17-09.jpg

After this it was time for Patricia to finish off mum's hair by putting in her fastenator, while I went outside to pose for lots and lots of photos! Luckily we had the beautiful fountain and the courtyard view that the manager had thoughtfully given us the day before - I'm so glad we came back to POFQ - I knew three years ago that it would create a beautiful backdrop and now I know I was right!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC001558-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC002658-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC003388-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC003408-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC003168-17-09.jpg

We also had fun trying to get photos of Amelia during all this time - at some points she didn't want her photo taken at all, at other times she came creeping out and started posing for Randy! Luckily he was really good with both the kids, and knew exactly when to get the best shots of them and when to leave them alone.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC013538-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC014688-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC002048-17-09.jpg

I'll leave it here for now - leaving you in antici.....pation! But my next post will update with the journey in the car, and the arrival at the Boardwalk.

rachy
09-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Aww you look lovely, hair ,looks beautiful! Can't wait to read your next installment, but i have no patience lol

Rachel
xxx

Scrap_Vamp
09-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Ah, thanks! I was planning on having an early night tonight (9ish) but I couldn't let my public down! Hehe, get me and my big head!

I'm singing in a concert tomorrow night, so my next update will probably be on Friday :wizard:

gemmybear83
09-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Awww beautiful photos! You are really helping me plan how our escape day will run too!:goodvibes

rachy
09-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Good luck at the concert! x

Stefy
09-17-2009, 03:03 AM
Oh wow you look gorgeous and your hair is amazing, what are those jewel like sparkles in your hair, it really set the style off :)

I love the horseshoe pendant? It goes really well.

Can't wait to read more :)

Lisa x
09-17-2009, 03:49 AM
Simply Stunning :bride:

Chilly
09-17-2009, 04:24 AM
Need more!

Scrap_Vamp
09-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Thanks everyone! The sparkles in my hair were self adhesive ones from Claire's Accessories. My hairdresser put them in for my trial, so I bought some packets to take with me. I've got some more for my at-home reception next week too!

I left you at the point where everyone was just about ready to go. The next step was to go out to the parking lot, where I saw the limo and the Model A Ford for the first time. My dad was well away talking to the driver of the Ford - apparently he is one of a number of drivers that Disney calls on for special occasions - he was really sweet! I knew at once that Carl would be thrilled with the car when he saw it.

The drive to the Boardwalk was good fun, as we didn't go too fast, and the driver kept sounding the horn, which was very loud! When we arrived we pulled up in the entrance way, and it felt very real! There were quite a few people outside, and they all called out congratulations and some people told me I looked beautiful. Normally I get embarrassed by lots of attention but I was determined to enjoy it on my wedding day!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC003778-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC003808-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC003878-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC004148-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC004488-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC004098-17-09.jpg

Tanis came out to meet us, and it was wonderful to finally see her in real life. After we had taken some photos with the car, she asked us to wait a moment, as Carl was just being moved to another area. When we finally went inside we saw Robin and Joshua, and I helped Robin to sort out Josh's outfit because he didn't know exactly how he was supposed to wear it.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC015548-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC015738-17-09.jpg

This was also the moment that I had my first look at the flowers, which were beautiful. Tanis pinned the boutonnieres on mum and dad, and handed Rowena and me our flowers. At this point mum was nearly in tears (she told me this later) because people kept asking if I was her daughter and saying I looked beautiful!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC015758-17-09-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC015848-17-09.jpg

Robin and Joshua then went to catch up with Carl, when they all walked along the Boardwalk to Sea Breeze Point. Randy then brought Rowena, mum, dad and me out onto the balcony for various photos.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC004758-17-09-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC004818-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC004938-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC005018-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC005048-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC005148-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC005328-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC005628-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC005808-17-09-1.jpg

At this point Amelia decided to play games with Randy, especially peekaboo!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC005868-17-09-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC005918-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC006018-17-09.jpg

After a while of taking photos, I realised that although I had put my face sun cream on, I'd forgotten to put any on my arms and shoulders! So I asked Rowena to check with my mum and dad, but Tanis came to the rescue and had some, which Rowena and dad then plastered me with, lol. Tanis then said it was time to make my way to Sea Breeze Point, so we headed back out the front to the car - by now I was really feeling nervous!

rachy
09-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Fantastic photos! Really pleased i picked Randy.

What time was your ceremony hun? 2:30pm? If so how did you find the heat?

Rachel
x

Scrap_Vamp
09-18-2009, 05:25 PM
You will love Randy - he is everything everyone said he was, if you know what I mean! He also seemed to have genuine fun working with us :goodvibes

In answer to your question, our ceremony was indeed at 2.30pm. To be honest, I wasn't really aware of the heat until I had my first drink after the ceremony and realised I was a tiny bit dehydrated! Having been there six days we were quite acclimatised on the whole.

My biggest issue was always going to be my thighs - they are disproportionately big (even were when I was a size 8 teenager!) so they rub in the heat. To combat this I wore Spanx, and this really did help. I did find that my dress stuck to my knees when I walked though :rotfl2:

I also don't know if it was the choice of airbrush make-up, but the most noticeable thing was my face didn't get sweaty, and I certainly didn't end up looking shiny in the photos (which, as you can see from the rest of my trip report happens frequently on a regular day!).

MrsSpratt
09-19-2009, 10:57 AM
You look beautiful!

and you are making me want to paln a surprise vow renewal for my husband.

tinkerbell 766
09-19-2009, 11:48 AM
Did you choose to have your flowers sent to the Boardwalk instead of your hotel room? Can you not have them sent to your room with the Escape package?

Scrap_Vamp
09-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Did you choose to have your flowers sent to the Boardwalk instead of your hotel room? Can you not have them sent to your room with the Escape package?

To be honest, I never even asked! I like that I didn't have to worry about them at the hotel - there was so much stuff everywhere, and it certainly made travelling easier without everyone having to carry them.

Mrs Spratt - that sounds like a lovely idea!

Chilly
09-19-2009, 12:31 PM
What are spanx? I have the same thigh issue!

No I don't think you can have them sent to your room.

orangetiggs
09-19-2009, 12:36 PM
I used spanx under my dress as well, got them from bloomingdales but i know some shops sell them here but they are expensive in the uk

Lisa x
09-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Next sells them......

http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/lingerie/38/

figmentfan814
09-19-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm just catching up, but I have to agree with everyone, the gift baskets were awesome!

I love how Randy was able to get shots of Carl with his truck.

Your hair turned out beautiful and you have some fantastic getting ready shots. PORFQ makes for some beautiful backdrops. Loved how Randy helped with your dress; he is always the go-to guy; I know he was a great help several times on our wedding day too.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Stefy
09-20-2009, 11:10 AM
Great update, everyone looked lovely :)

Scrap_Vamp
09-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Thanks everyone.

I got my Spanx from a store online after pricing up a number of places, but the address is on my mum's favourites.

Figment Fan - I had read the same about Randy in other trip reports, and it was brilliant to have him there!

Scrap_Vamp
09-22-2009, 03:28 PM
In my last post I left it as we were leaving the Boardwalk Resort to head off to Sea Breeze Point.

Well, I got back in the car along with my dad, and we drove along the service road at the back (the same one we had walked alongside on the day we got drenched!), then coming out onto the Boardwalk.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC006208-17-09-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC006338-17-09-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC006548-17-09-1.jpg

As it was the middle of the afternoon, there were lots of people about to call congratulations. The driver kept hooting the horn again, too, and I knew that by now Carl would be able to hear it! On the DVD of our ceremony you can see Randy running along behind the car as he got a variety of shots, and we also had Andrew, who was a bit like our bodyguard, walking alongside. As we got close he had to stop us and hold us on the Boardwalk as they weren't quite ready yet.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC016008-17-09.jpg

Eventually we pulled up just outside SBP. Rowena and Amelia were waiting at the front with Tanis, and I could see Carl in the distance at the end of the altar - he had obviously been told to stay facing in one direction only!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC006768-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC006808-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC006948-17-09.jpg

At this point, Teresa Knox came out to meet me and gave me a big hug. I asked if Carl was nervous, and she said that he was a bit flushed (he always goes red when he is nervous!). She ran through what was going to happen, and Tanis arranged my train.

Next up was to explain to Amelia what she needed to do, although she said she didn't think it was good to throw the petals, bless her!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC006908-17-09-1.jpg

The violinist then began to play Circle of Life, and Rowena started to walk up the aisle, followed by Amelia.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC006988-17-09-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC007038-17-09-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC007048-17-09.jpg

Amelia threw a single petal, then looked at it, went back and picked it up! When she got to the front, Rowena helped her to empty out the bag, then Joshua joined in with scattering them.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC007118-17-09-1.jpg

As this was happening, I had a little wobble and thought I was going to cry (Circle of Life always does that to me, never mind the wedding!) but I pulled myself together and got ready to walk up the aisle to get married...

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC006858-17-09.jpg

rachy
09-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Really love your trip report. More, more! lol

Rachel
x

MainStMandy
09-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Jeni your pictures are just beautiful! I am even more excited to meet Randy now!! I can't tell you enough...you hair is just gorgeous!! That would definitely be my choice if my hair was long! LOVE IT!!!

gemmybear83
09-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Aaaaaah you cant leave us hanging like that!:lmao:

Stefy
09-23-2009, 02:33 AM
More more more :)

Chilly
09-23-2009, 06:38 AM
What a way to leave us hanging!

Next sells them......

http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/lingerie/38/

Thanks, it has sizes in letters, i'm confused :confused3

Lisa x
09-23-2009, 07:12 AM
Stunning photos, I just love the orange flowers, wish Id have gone for something bright like that! Cant wait to read more and SEE more! :)

Thanks, it has sizes in letters, i'm confused :confused3

When you go into the item to pick your size, there is a link that says 'Spanx Size Chart' right above the order number! They go by weight and height so you will fall into one of them numbers!
:thumbsup2

Chilly
09-23-2009, 07:30 AM
When you go into the item to pick your size, there is a link that says 'Spanx Size Chart' right above the order number! They go by weight and height so you will fall into one of them numbers!

:flower3:

malibustacey
09-23-2009, 07:44 AM
MOREEEE!! You looked so lovely Jen, so happy and relaxed in every photo :lovestruc

Scrap_Vamp
09-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Lol, sorry to keep everyone waiting!

MOREEEE!! You looked so lovely Jen, so happy and relaxed in every photo :lovestruc

Thanks Stacey - it's funny because so many people have made that comment. I was really nervous before we flew out to Florida but once we were there I was really relaxed. I'm probably going to be more nervous on Saturday as I don't know what my dad and brother's speeches will be like, plus we have to do our first dance (the official one!) in front of 100 people - eek!

Scrap_Vamp
09-23-2009, 04:18 PM
As Rowena and Amelia walked up the aisle, I took a deep breath. Finally the music changed to Can You Feel the Love Tonight and I was walking down th aisle with my dad.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC007198-17-09-1.jpg

At this point, Carl was told to turn around and face me - I thought he was going to cry then!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC007228-17-09-1.jpg

When I reach him at the top, he tells me I look beautiful and each say "I love you." At this point we do both nearly cry, but manage not to!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC007338-17-09-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC007348-17-09-1.jpg

At the beginning of the ceremony, we had asked Teresa to give thanks to my parents, and as we looked at them, I could see my mum was trying so hard not to cry. Afterwards she said they were so touched that we had put that in, and that it meant a lot to them.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC007478-17-09-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC007498-17-09-1.jpg

The rest of the ceremony flew by. Unbeknownst to us, Amelia was worried that the breeze was blowing the petals onto my dress, and kept walking up my train to brush them off, :lovestruc bless her! At one point she came up in front, and handed us each a petal, which was such a lovely thing, and totally unprompted.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC016228-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC008038-17-09.jpg

When it came to saying our vows, Carl tripped over his first couple of words but was then confident and clear. Everyone really liked the vows we chose, and we think they were completely apt too.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC016248-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC007548-17-09-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC007578-17-09-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC007728-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC007588-17-09-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC007738-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC007848-17-09.jpg

Before we knew it, Teresa was asking for the rings. Robin told Joshua to pass the ring pillow but he went all shy! We loved that mum had bought the Mickey and Minnie ring pillow that we had seen at the UK Disney store.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC007958-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC007858-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC007788-17-09.jpg

After we exchanhed rings, and mum had done her reading for us, we were pronounced as husband and wife. Although we had talked about our kiss, it didn't quite go to plan - we were so relieved that we were a bit more full on than we planned, lol :rotfl2:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC008088-17-09.jpg

We walked back down the aisle to You'll Be in My Heart, and we were laughing all the way. It's funny to watch the DVD as everybody comes back down the aisle and you can see Amelia in the background, still chasing the petals!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC008168-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC008188-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC008198-17-09.jpg

Scrap_Vamp
09-23-2009, 04:24 PM
And one or two more photos from the end of the ceremony:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC016258-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC016268-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC016278-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC008248-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC008298-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC008328-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC016428-17-09.jpg

Chilly
09-23-2009, 04:41 PM
:lovestruc

Need more now! please

Scrap_Vamp
09-23-2009, 04:44 PM
:lovestruc

Need more now! please

Lol! Will try to do another post tomorrow! Am off to bed in a moment - the school I teach in is in special measures (although our department has the best exam results in the school) and we're all being put under pressure to do lots of extra work, so am getting really tired. But, I promise I will keep updating as regularly as possible!

Chilly
09-23-2009, 04:48 PM
Lol! Will try to do another post tomorrow! Am off to bed in a moment - the school I teach in is in special measures (although our department has the best exam results in the school) and we're all being put under pressure to do lots of extra work, so am getting really tired. But, I promise I will keep updating as regularly as possible!

Oh ok then :upsidedow

Sarah <3 Disney
09-23-2009, 04:59 PM
I love the bright orange colors you had, they are so happy! :goodvibes Love the new update! Patiently waiting for more. :thumbsup2

Leanne1977
09-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Oh wow!:love::cloud9::lovestruc I hardly took a breath reading about your wedding day.:lovestruc

How absolutely perfect and you look stunning. I loved everything about your special day.:cloud9:

Many congratulations.:goodvibes

gemmybear83
09-24-2009, 02:45 AM
Beautiful!! Your dress looks amazing as you walk down the aisle :goodvibes

Stefy
09-24-2009, 02:53 AM
Awwww :lovestruc

It was perfect and you both look amazing and so happy. Love the kiss shot, I know some people think that you should just have a peck, but your shot you look so in love and happy.

Congratulations again :hug:

Amelia is so cute chasing the petals away for you, bless her.

Scrap_Vamp
09-24-2009, 04:09 PM
After we had all walked back outside we chatted for a bit before being taken back into the gazebo for our toast and to look at the cake. We had exchanged the Fairytale Cuvee for the cider, and I'm really glad we did as it was so refreshing! It had been hours since I'd had any liquid, although I didn't notice until I finally drank something. Our cake was beautiful - the pictures in the planning pack really didn't do it justice.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC008498-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC008508-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC016438-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC016468-17-09.jpg

My mum made the toast, and got a little teary again, which was very sweet, and she welcomed Carl into the family as "Number 3" (my brothers are numbers 1 and 2!).

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC016578-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC016658-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC016688-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC016708-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC016758-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC016828-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC008588-17-09.jpg

After the toast we were posing for photos and thought we would soon be cutting the cake. Randy kept getting us to kiss so we weren't really aware of anything going on around us. Eventually we realised mum was trying to get our attention, and looked up. I did a double take as...

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC008828-17-09.jpg

...we realised Mickey and Minnie were coming towards us, hand in hand with Amelia and preceded by a very excited Joshua! My mum had booked them as a surprise - it's no wonder she had such a good relationship with Tanis and Rosie!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC008648-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC008658-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC008708-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC008718-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC008728-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC008738-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC008778-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC008818-17-09.jpg

Scrap_Vamp
09-24-2009, 04:13 PM
I love the bright orange colors you had, they are so happy! :goodvibes Love the new update! Patiently waiting for more. :thumbsup2

Thank you! I'm really pleased that we kept everything else simple - the look ended up being exactly what we wanted.

Scrap_Vamp
09-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Oh wow!:love::cloud9::lovestruc I hardly took a breath reading about your wedding day.:lovestruc

How absolutely perfect and you look stunning. I loved everything about your special day.:cloud9:

Many congratulations.:goodvibes

Thank you so much. I'm really enjoying reliving it through the trip report - it feels like a lifetime ago although it was only weeks.

Scrap_Vamp
09-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Beautiful!! Your dress looks amazing as you walk down the aisle :goodvibes

Thank you - I loved that it was floaty without overwhelming me - I've always been a fairy rather than a princess lol:tinker: Plus my favourite play is A Midsummer Night's Dream, so it has a little of that Grecian influence.

figmentfan814
09-24-2009, 04:18 PM
What a fantastic surprise from your mom! I love the shots of the kids running up to Mickey and Minnie :yay: Your cake was beautiful too, were the designs the same all the way around the cake or was each side different? The Mickey and Minnie bride and groom pillow was so cute, I haven't seen anything like it before; I just noticed you said that you got it from the UK Disney store which is why its new to me!

Scrap_Vamp
09-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Awwww :lovestruc

It was perfect and you both look amazing and so happy. Love the kiss shot, I know some people think that you should just have a peck, but your shot you look so in love and happy.

Congratulations again :hug:

Amelia is so cute chasing the petals away for you, bless her.

Thank you - we definitely enoyed our first husband and wife kiss!

I'm so glad Amelia was our flower girl, and that she felt free to be herself. It definitely wasn't like a big formal occasion and it created some wonderful memories for everyone.

Scrap_Vamp
09-24-2009, 04:27 PM
What a fantastic surprise from your mom! I love the shots of the kids running up to Mickey and Minnie :yay: Your cake was beautiful too, were the designs the same all the way around the cake or was each side different? The Mickey and Minnie bride and groom pillow was so cute, I haven't seen anything like it before; I just noticed you said that you got it from the UK Disney store which is why its new to me!

That's a good question about the cake! I think it varied all the way round, to give it that retro look, but I'm not 100% sure. Carl thinks it was varied too, though, so I'm sure he's right!

Chilly
09-24-2009, 04:34 PM
What a lovely surprise from your Mum.

MainStMandy
09-24-2009, 04:50 PM
WOW! Beatiful pictures. Your wedding looks like a lot of fun and what a great suprise from you Mum!!! I just love all the orange colors!

Sarah <3 Disney
09-24-2009, 06:07 PM
I loooove the pictures of Mickey and Minnie with the little kids! :goodvibes So cute!

Stefy
09-25-2009, 02:58 AM
Oh wow your mum is the best. That is so awesome that she booked Mickey and Minnie, I had a smile on my face reading and looking at the pics, just priceless :)

Your cake looks delicious and v pretty :)

gemmybear83
09-25-2009, 03:43 AM
Thank you - I loved that it was floaty without overwhelming me - I've always been a fairy rather than a princess lol:tinker: Plus my favourite play is A Midsummer Night's Dream, so it has a little of that Grecian influence.

I completely agree I love the style of dress!:goodvibes

Your update is fab, and your cake is amazing!

Scrap_Vamp
09-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Once we had seen Mickey and Minnie they came right over to us, holding Amelia's hand all the time. We hugged them, and played with the children for a bit, which was lovely.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC017018-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC017038-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC017078-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC017108-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC017148-17-09.jpg

As we were talking and meeting all of a sudden there was an almighty crash - the guy serving the drinks had knocked over four of the spare wine glasses and they smashed - Mickey and Minnie's reactions were so funny!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC016978-17-09-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC016998-17-09.jpg

The next part was to actually cut the cake and, all I can say is that it was a good job we had Mickey and Minnie to help - we weren't very good at it because it had gone quite soft in the heat, lol.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC017178-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC017278-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC017288-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC017318-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC017398-17-09.jpg

We were then offered a plate with small pieces of the first slice of cake, and we realised that we were supposed to feed each other. Carl said I deliberately picked a big piece for him :rotfl2: Mickey and Minnie then had napkins ready for us afterwards.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC017448-17-09.jpg

Scrap_Vamp
09-25-2009, 04:22 PM
Thank you once again for the comments - it really was a lovely surprise from my mum - unbeknownst to us she had another one in store for later on as well!

Amelia has apparently been talking about the wedding this weekend, and has told us that she has been practising her dancing so she can dance with her cousin, Oscar (my other brother and SIL's son, who didn't come as his mum was heavily pregnant!).

Chilly
09-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Ooo more surprises to come!

Stefy
09-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Lol, I love these pics, so adorable :)

Wish on a Star
09-26-2009, 12:41 PM
I love the pictures!

Your ceremony was beautiful- I love the picture after you got married when you and DH are looking at each other!
I love your flower girl! It's so cute that she didnt want to throw her petals and I love the pic of the kids running to Mickey and Minnie!

The whole day looks amazing! CONGRATS!

malibustacey
09-26-2009, 02:45 PM
Heya hun

Hope your home reception goes great tonight!

I love those photos of mickey and minnie with the shocked impressions - its priceless!!!!

starann
09-27-2009, 01:47 PM
I jsut sat and read your TR from start to finish and I can't wait to read more! I'm assuming your at home reception was this weekend...I hope it went off without a hitch!

Your detail of the parks and food make me want to be there NOW, not in Oct of next year!

You looked lovely in your dress....and your niece and nephew are too cute! I also must say I love your mum! What a wonderful surprise, 1st the groom hat and then Mickey and Minnie! I was tearing up as I was reading.

Can't wait to read the rest!

MrsSpratt
09-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Love the updates, and can't wait for more!

I hope your at home was perfect!

Mrs. Spratt

figmentfan814
09-28-2009, 03:56 PM
I love the shots with the kids, especially the one where he is picking up over the table while you're cutting your cake with Mickey and Minnie. You really got some cute shots with Mickey and Minnie and I can't wait to see more!

Scrap_Vamp
09-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Heya hun

Hope your home reception goes great tonight!

I love those photos of mickey and minnie with the shocked impressions - its priceless!!!!

Thank you sweetie! It was wonderful - will update you all later, but we had a completely crazy DJ and it was lots of fun :yay: The only prob was not that my dress was tight, which I thought might have happened - it was actually a little loose! I had to get Carl to lace me up twice because of it. I think it is because we've all been so stressed by work, and it's made me lose more weight.

Scrap_Vamp
09-29-2009, 03:52 PM
I jsut sat and read your TR from start to finish and I can't wait to read more! I'm assuming your at home reception was this weekend...I hope it went off without a hitch!

Your detail of the parks and food make me want to be there NOW, not in Oct of next year!

You looked lovely in your dress....and your niece and nephew are too cute! I also must say I love your mum! What a wonderful surprise, 1st the groom hat and then Mickey and Minnie! I was tearing up as I was reading.

Can't wait to read the rest!

Ah, thank you - that is such a sweet thing to say! Tanis and Rosie were always telling me how much they loved my mum. Rosie even had a small arrangement of roses sent to my mum to say how much she had enjoyed emailing and speaking to her :lovestruc

Scrap_Vamp
09-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Love the updates, and can't wait for more!

I hope your at home was perfect!

Mrs. Spratt

Thank you, it was great! I will hopefully be continuing my TR in a day or so - my mum has been feeding us for the last few days, so not been getting home until later!

Scrap_Vamp
09-29-2009, 03:56 PM
I love the shots with the kids, especially the one where he is picking up over the table while you're cutting your cake with Mickey and Minnie. You really got some cute shots with Mickey and Minnie and I can't wait to see more!

Yes, I love that photo too - there is a whole series of them, where he gradually comes further into the shot :rotfl:

We had 4 foot tall walking Mickey and Minnie balloons for the at home reception, and the kids went absolutely mad for them! They were running around with them all over the place :lmao:

malibustacey
09-30-2009, 09:09 AM
Come on hunnnn-----home reception photos!! pretty please! hehe!! im waiting patiently!! :lmao:

Scrap_Vamp
09-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Come on hunnnn-----home reception photos!! pretty please! hehe!! im waiting patiently!! :lmao:

Sorry - no photos as yet - I'm hoping some friends will provide me with discs as no one in the immediate family had their camera with them!

malibustacey
10-01-2009, 04:50 AM
ohhhh noooooo!! i want to see piccys!!

*come on friends... give Jen some photos!!

Scrap_Vamp
10-02-2009, 01:24 PM
OK, we interrupt our regular scheduled programming to bring you this news flash - just in, pictures from our at-home reception!!

I took these photos in the morning when we setting the room up. Actually it was rooms - we had the large room with the disco, the bar and the top table, then a smaller "quiet" room with the food, the photos and the DVD running!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC03228.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC03230.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC03231.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC03232.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC03234.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC03235.jpg

These were taken in the honeymoon suite (well, room!) where our immediate family, plus one uncle and auntie, cousin plus partner and child, joined us for champagne. Oh, and our friend Terry was the photographer on the night!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC03242.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC03243.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC03245.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC03247.jpg

These photos were taken by my dad in the first dance (although I didn't know he had taken any!):

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC03249.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC03250.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC03252.jpg

Then others from later in the evening:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC03257.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC03258.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC03263.jpg

I've also been given a disc by a friend which has more from the Saturday night, and loads from the Sunday garden party!

Kirsteen
10-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Great updates honey. Love the second last shot with the Mickey feet hanging from the ceiling! lol xx

Chilly
10-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Looks like a fun night!

Stefy
10-03-2009, 03:55 AM
Looks like it was a great night, love the pics :) More please :)

MiaBella05
10-03-2009, 02:24 PM
popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

Scrap_Vamp
10-04-2009, 04:42 AM
Looks like a fun night!

Definitely a fun night! It was wonderful to have so many of our closest friends and family in the same room, especially some that I haven't seen in years!

Scrap_Vamp
10-04-2009, 04:49 AM
Great updates honey. Love the second last shot with the Mickey feet hanging from the ceiling! lol xx

Lol, I hadn't even noticed that! We got the balloons to entertain the kids, and they loved them. There were little wrestling matches going on during the speeches, and they had everyone in stitches! Quite early on they lost the weights on their feet, though, so they floated upwards.

And sssshhhhh but by the end of the night only the heads were floating up there - they had disattached from the bodies!

Scrap_Vamp
10-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Right, I've just refreshed my memory to see where I got up to, so now I can continue!

After the cake cutting we danced a little with Mickey and Minnie, before our first dance, which was to Beauty and the Beast - everyone asks what I'm trying to imply about Carl with that, but it's only because it's my favourite Disney film, and we danced to the Beauty and the Beast section of Wishes over in Frontierland on our trip in 2006, lol! While Carl and I danced with each other, Mickey danced with Rowena and Minnie danced with my dad. I love the pictures of Row - they look like they come from one of the Disney TV ads!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC009208-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC009258-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC009338-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC009278-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC009308-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC008958-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC009058-17-09.jpg

Next it was time for lots, and lots, and lots, and lots..... of photos with Mickey and Minnie.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC009418-17-09.jpg

Mickey proposed to me ...

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC009518-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC009558-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC009588-17-09.jpg

... but Carl told him he was too late!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC009598-17-09.jpg

Scrap_Vamp
10-04-2009, 01:50 PM
There's not a great deal to say about the next set of photos, so I'll just post the pictures!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC011038-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC011118-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC011188-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC011248-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC009658-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC009788-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC009858-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC010028-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC010138-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC010268-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC010428-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC010478-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC010568-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC010698-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC010858-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC010898-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC010908-17-09.jpg

starann
10-04-2009, 02:30 PM
Great picts! Thanks!

Scrap_Vamp
10-04-2009, 02:35 PM
We completed the photos with Minnie and Mickey by posing at the car.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC018948-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC018278-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC018408-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC018558-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC018728-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC018778-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC018878-17-09.jpg

After Mickey and Minnie had headed off, we finally sat down to enjoy a slice of cake, as well as the cans of Coke that were brought to us! At this point we also opened some cards and gifts that my mum had brought across - our bears back at home even got a present each!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC011328-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC011398-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC011448-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC011528-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC011548-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC018998-17-09.jpg

We followed this up with more photos around Sea Breeze Point

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC011648-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC011758-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC011818-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC011838-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC011868-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC011978-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC012088-17-09.jpg

Scrap_Vamp
10-04-2009, 03:05 PM
We took a few more photos around the SBP area before we drove around to the Yacht Club.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC021298-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC021328-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC021448-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC019048-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC019188-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC019218-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC021598-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC021728-17-09.jpg

It was quite windy by this point, and we got a few series of shots with my veil all around my head - this is one of my favourite examples!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC021988-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC022048-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC022068-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC022088-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC022098-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC022418-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC022568-17-09.jpg

Sarah <3 Disney
10-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Love all the new pictures! :goodvibes

Scrap_Vamp
10-04-2009, 04:05 PM
At this point, the rest of the family went with Tanis back to the Boardwalk lobby to take the limo over to the Contemporary Resort, where we would meet them for our dinner at California Grill. At this point it was almost 4pm and we had another hour and a half until dinner; and another 45 minutes with the car.

We drove around to the Yacht Club, stopping on the bridge for some more photos - by this point I was becoming a real expert at getting in and out of the car without tripping over my train!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC022698-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC019708-17-09-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC022728-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC019858-17-09.jpg

We then went out onto the beach and took a variety of shots, including waving at the boats, and with the umbrellas we had brought to use as props.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC019928-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC019958-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC022828-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC022898-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC022988-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC020328-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC020388-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC020408-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC020128-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC022998-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC023068-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC023158-17-09-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC023438-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC023668-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC023738-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC023818-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC023888-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC024078-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC024168-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC024388-17-09.jpg

Scrap_Vamp
10-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Shortly before 4.45 we got back in the car and were driven to the Contemporary. On the way there we got lots of shouts of congratulations, especially as we now had the big "Just Married" sign on the side of the car! Waiting for the lift in the lobby of the resort there were some little girls who told me I looked like a princess :lovestruc

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC020708-17-09.jpg

We had arranged to meet Randy at the monorail station so that we could get some shots there, and again we had lots of congratulations from people who passed. When he arrived we got some shots with monorails arriving and departing, before we decided to go across to the Grand Floridian to get some shots there as well - this was turning out to be a grand photo tour of lots of the deluxe resorts!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC020728-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC020798-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC020868-17-09.jpg

Appropriately, we ended up riding the orange monorail!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC020918-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC020948-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC021018-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC021038-17-09.jpg

I'll be back later in the week to add some more pictures, including the food (yum!) at California Grill, but I hope this has been enough to keep you going :rotfl2::rotfl:

Chilly
10-04-2009, 05:01 PM

Stefy
10-05-2009, 03:07 AM
Oh wow some beautiful pictures and I love how you are doing a round tour of the hotels. Randy sounds really fun to work with.

Can't wait to see more :)

malibustacey
10-05-2009, 05:53 AM
Your photos are so lovely!

Im finding it a tough decision now with the photographer... randy... misty... hmmmm!

rebecca_boo
10-06-2009, 12:53 AM
Wow what a lovely wedding. I love your photos so beautiful!

Scrap_Vamp
10-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Oh wow some beautiful pictures and I love how you are doing a round tour of the hotels. Randy sounds really fun to work with.

Can't wait to see more :)

He really was great fun, and he's so creative, as well as being incredibly helpful - he knows everything about weddings, especially the kinds of things a bride might need help with.

So, it's been a long week but I'm back with the last of Randy's photos. These were taken at the Grand Floridian. Randy even moved a bench to be in front of the fountain so we could get some great shots!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC024738-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC024718-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC024828-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC024918-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC025018-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC025068-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC025128-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC025168-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC025218-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC025258-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC025338-17-09-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC025378-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC025428-17-09.jpg

Scrap_Vamp
10-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Our final shots with Randy were taken on the beach at the Grand Floridian, and we eventually had to say we needed to go back as we were less than ten minutes away from our ADR time! I think Randy would have continued for ages longer as it seemed like he was having a lot of fun. On the monorail back to the Contemporary he started to show us some of the shots he had taken, and we were so happy.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC025678-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC025758-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC025988-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC026038-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC026128-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC026228-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC026518-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC026568-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC026998-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC027028-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC027178-17-09.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/JC027218-17-09.jpg

By this point it was also starting to spit with rain, which was another reason to head inside, lol!

malibustacey
10-10-2009, 04:23 PM
more more more!! i love your photos, they are so natural and beautiful and you both look so relaxed and happy with each other!! :lovestruc

Scrap_Vamp
10-10-2009, 04:45 PM
So we finally got back to the Contemporary Resort at 4.45, and mum and dad had already checked us in - they were just waiting for us to arrive so we could go up in the lift. Carl briefly popped to the check in desk to ask if Ron was working this evening (he was our server in 2006 and he was fantastic) but unfortunately he wasn't. However, we needn't have worried as our server was wonderful. Sadly, I can't remember her name now, but she couldn't have done mroe for us, and was so polite and friendly.

It turns out that Millie and Josh had been entertaining people in The Wave while they had been waiting, and lots of people who saw them fell in love with their antics! They also said to pass on best wishes to me and Carl, even though they didn't see us.

Once we arrived on the top floor, we were shown to our table which was a round one with half booth seating and half normal chairs. We had a nice amount of privacy but still got to see the view out of the windows. I'm glad we didn't opt for a private room as that would have felt too formal, and not really in keeping with the style of our wedding.

Once sat at our table we had fun taking silly pictures. Josh had soaked his shirt through (he's a real dribbler!) so he was in a different outfit now:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02615.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02616.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02618.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02619.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02622.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02625.jpg

Our table was decorated with Mickey confetti and Millie soon got to work sticking it to my arm, then my brother joined in by decorating Josh's face :lovestruc :

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02628.jpg

For starters we ordered a large sushi platter,plus three flatbreads, so we had a selection:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02629.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02630.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02631.jpg

Then we had our main courses. Mine was vegetarian but I can't remember exactly what it was! It looked like this:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02633.jpg

Carl and Rowena both had the oak fired filet of beef:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02634.jpg

My mum had the salmon:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02635.jpg

My dad had the pork:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02636.jpg

And my brother had ostrich, cooked blue!!!!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02637.jpg

During the meal we took some more random photos, and got a couple of nice ones of the flowers:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02640.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02641.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02643.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02645.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02654.jpg

We also took a photo of the wine we drank - it was a sauvignon blanc - so we could try and source it at home. Unofrtunately, it isn't available in the UK!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02647.jpg

At the end of the meal they served up some more of our wedding cake for dessert, and added a congratulations chocolate to the piece Carl and I shared - we'd had this on a complimentary dessert back in 2006 when we were celebrating our 2 year anniversary:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02650.jpg

Finally they served up our favours:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02658.jpg

By this point the kids had fallen fast asleep, so our server brought us a couple of pieces of rice krispie sushi to take away for them, as well as boxing up their uneaten pizza!

Next: Wishes fireworks cruise :cheer2:

Scrap_Vamp
10-10-2009, 04:50 PM
more more more!! i love your photos, they are so natural and beautiful and you both look so relaxed and happy with each other!! :lovestruc

Thank you sweetie :lovestruc

malibustacey
10-10-2009, 05:00 PM
MORE MORE MORE!!

the food looks so delish!! mmm!!!

Scrap_Vamp
10-10-2009, 05:05 PM
MORE MORE MORE!!

the food looks so delish!! mmm!!!

It was - we thought food didn't get any better than CG, but then we went to Citricos - now we're going to be torn for our anniversary trip - I think we might go to CG on our actual anniversary, and pay out of pocket, then go to Citricos on the dining plan, or vice versa! I know we must do both when we go back. Oh, and Jiko, as we were tired and cancelled that meal this trip!

I'm just uploading some more pics to Photobucket then I'll be able to do one more post tonight :thumbsup2

Scrap_Vamp
10-10-2009, 05:43 PM
So this is my final post for tonight, and it will also conclude the wedding day. I'm sad in a way, as I've really enjoyed reliving it here!

After the meal, mum and dad took the skeeping kids back to the villa, while Rob, Row, Carl and I had about an hour to kill before we needed to go to get our cruise. Before leaving the top floor, we stopped for a couple of shots on the balcony (I can see that I was starting to flag a little at this point, and needed to get my second wind of energy):

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0268.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0269.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0270.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0271.jpg

As such, Rowena and I did what I think every bride should be able to do on her wedding day - we shopped!! :rotfl2: Carl and Rob went to the arcade to play games, while we looked for things Row could use her birthday gift card on. We had a good time browsing for nearly half an hour, and in the end we bought bags that Row found in the sale section - there were two different colours but they were floral and patchwork, with a tiny little Mickey silhouette on the front. In the sale they cost less thn $10 each - bargain :thumbsup2 I also got Carl a T-shirt with Walt and Mickey standing at the front of Main Street, with Cinderella Castle in the background. Finally, I got a Contemporary Resort pin for Carl's collection, and some jibbit for my mum's Crocs.

At this point we headed downstairs towards the Marina, and had some more lovely conversations with people, including a group who were there for a conference. Everyone was still being so nice! Carl went to the ATM to get payment for the boat, and then we had a toilet stop. When we were in the CG I realised I hadn't been to the loo for 6 hours :scared1: and it was interesting navigating my huge train, lol.

Finally we headed outside, and spotted the Mickey ears sculpture/seat that ahd been featured in the "Adventures of the Purple Van" thread in the UK forum just before we left. Well, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to get shots here, could we?!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0273-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0274.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0276.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0277.jpg

At 9pm we met our cruise captain, and boarded. It had been decorated with some congratulations banners:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02664.jpg

When we originally booked, we said there would be 7 of us (Carl's mum and dad, plus my friend) so the captain was surprised to see only 4 of us, lol!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02666.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02667.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02673.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02683.jpg

The captain took the boat on a long tour round Bay Lake, and gave us lots of trivia. Rob and Row found this particularly interesting, as they'd not heard any of it before, and Carl and I learned a lot of new things as well. I asked some questions about River Country and Discovery Island, and we went right up close to where they had been - in the dark they looked particularly spooky!

At 9.30pm we stopped and watched the Electrical Water Pageant. It was good to see this close up as in the past we have only seen it from the California Grill.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02674.jpg

As we crossed from Bay Lake into Seven Seas Lagoon we learned that we were going over a water bridge - the same bridge the bus goes under on the way to Magic Kingdom - which was built to join the real lake to the manmade lagoon. We finally stopped in front of the Magic Kingdomand the captain had just turned off the engine when the music for Wishes began. I filmed the show on my camera with the video function as we had such a good view, and the captain also gave us more trivia about the fireworks. It felt really romantic watching the fireworks on our wedding day, but halfway through I ran out of room on my memory card and Carl said not to film the rest, so we cuddled!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02696.jpg

After the show we headed back to the Marina, and on the way we kept hearing the trivia quiz on the Pirate cruises that we're nearby - I kept getting the answers right, lol. When we docked, the captain said we should take the rest of the snacks and drinks away with us, as we'd paid for them and had only actually had one can of soda each (we were full from dinner!).

Once we got off the boat we hung around for a bit, talking to a few people who stopped to say congratulations. They were playing a movie on the outdoor screen too. As we were talking, the two "Pirate Patch" characters from the Pirate cruises disembarked, and insisted on taking photos with us and imparting their wisdom :rotfl2:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0281-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0282-1.jpg

So, I fibbed when I said this would be my last post on the wedding day - there is still a little bit more to go but it is getting late and I have lots of work to do tomorrow - will try to post again soon!

Leanne1977
10-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Aww, I have loved every minute of your wedding day. It was all so perfect!:lovestruc

Your photos are gorgeous! I absolutely love your dress, its exactly the sort of thing I am looking for as we are getting married on the Disney Wonder. I want something simple and elegant. May I ask which designer it is?:goodvibes

Thanks so much for sharing it all with us.xx:cloud9:

Scrap_Vamp
10-11-2009, 04:13 AM
Aww, I have loved every minute of your wedding day. It was all so perfect!:lovestruc

Your photos are gorgeous! I absolutely love your dress, its exactly the sort of thing I am looking for as we are getting married on the Disney Wonder. I want something simple and elegant. May I ask which designer it is?:goodvibes

Thanks so much for sharing it all with us.xx:cloud9:

Thank you! My dress was from the Tia collection by Benjamin Roberts. In fact, all the dresses I picked to try on were by Benjamin Roberts!

Stefy
10-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Oh wow your Wishes Cruise looked like so much fun and your reception dinner looked scrumptious. Have loved reading this TR and can't wait to read more :)

Chilly
10-12-2009, 06:43 AM
Looking forward to hearing the conclusion to your wedding day.

Scrap_Vamp
10-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Looking forward to hearing the conclusion to your wedding day.

Yay! And here it is :dance3:

After we escaped from the pirates we went back to the front lobby of the Contemporary where the concierge CMs arranged a taxi for us. When we got back to POFQ Rowena suggested that we take our bags (and the top layer of the cake!) back to our room. When we opened the door, this is what we saw:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02697.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0284-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0285.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0289.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0286.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0287-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0283-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0288-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02698.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02702.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02703.jpg

While we were there, Row made us pose for photos - it turns out that this was all a ploy to get photos for my mum, as she had arranged everything as a surprise!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0290-1.jpg

Once we had done that, we decided to get a couple of drinks at Scat Cat's Club before closing, as this was one of the things Robin and Rowena had contributed for on our Honeymoon Registry! Row and I both had Cosmopolitans, and the boys had beers:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02704.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02705.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02706.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02707.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/DSC02708.jpg

Chilly
10-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Another lovely surprise from your Mum.

MainStMandy
10-14-2009, 03:57 PM
Oh loving all your pictures!! You guys look like you had soo much fun!!!

starann
10-14-2009, 04:23 PM
OMG...I LOVE LOVE LOVE your mom!!!!!

Sarah84
10-14-2009, 05:31 PM
I'm loving the report. Your wedding looks a gorgeous day, i love the hairstyle you had and your dress and colours are wonderful :) Nice surprises you've had too.

Im hoping for an Escape wedding at SBP so really enoying reading this. Do you know if the 4 nights you need to book at Disney need to be at one resort? i noticed you stayed at 2

Scrap_Vamp
10-14-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm loving the report. Your wedding looks a gorgeous day, i love the hairstyle you had and your dress and colours are wonderful :) Nice surprises you've had too.

Im hoping for an Escape wedding at SBP so really enoying reading this. Do you know if the 4 nights you need to book at Disney need to be at one resort? i noticed you stayed at 2

No, I think it just has to be a minimum of 4 nights total :thumbsup2 We stayed at 2 as we had three weeks for our trip, and thought three weeks at one resort might be too much, as much as we love POFQ!

malibustacey
10-14-2009, 05:41 PM
WOW! your mum did that!? Did she do it herself or arrange Disney to do it?! That is sooooooo thoughtful of her!

If your ma did do it then i want her to come decorate my room when it comes to my wedding!

Sarah84
10-14-2009, 07:37 PM
No, I think it just has to be a minimum of 4 nights total :thumbsup2 We stayed at 2 as we had three weeks for our trip, and thought three weeks at one resort might be too much, as much as we love POFQ!

I was hoping so as i love the look of the rooms at the Contemporary and hoping to book that for at least 2 nights (wedding night & following night) but as its usually about $300 pn we probably couldn't budget all 4 nights there espcially with all the other costs we will have so will need to book at least one night at probably a value resort, hoping we can have the night before the wedding at the Contem too although DF won't be welcome that night :rotfl:. And we don't plan on spending any other nights onsite as we won't be having our honeymoon in Disney and we plan on staying in a villa with our familys before the wedding.

Look forward to more of your report :)

Stefy
10-15-2009, 02:51 AM
WOW! your mum did that!? Did she do it herself or arrange Disney to do it?! That is sooooooo thoughtful of her!

If your ma did do it then i want her to come decorate my room when it comes to my wedding!

Lol ditto here :goodvibes That is such a lovely surprise that your mum arranged for you. Loving those bride ears/hat :)

Scrap_Vamp
10-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Lol at you guys loving my mum! Rosie and Tanis were always saying that too - Rosie even became friends with my mum on Facebook, and they phoned each other several times :lmao:

She didn't do it herself but arranged it through Disney floral (via Rosie). We also got a small arrangement of roses from Rosie herself, alongside the huge bouquet. The best thing is that the flowers only started to wilt about two days before we left, so they lasted nearly two weeks :thumbsup2

Scrap_Vamp
10-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Well, after a good night's sleep we awoke for our first morning as husband and wife at 7.30am! The plan was to meet everyone else at Typhoon Lagoon so after showering we went to the Food court and got some breakfast.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0292.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0293.jpg

While we were having breakfast Carl and I were talking about the photos from the night before. He said, "I deleted a blurred one of the fireworks so that I could take the ones with the pirates." At this point I paused - I hadn't taken any photos of the fireworks on our camera, only the video!!! Realisation dawns, and it turns out that Carl had deleted the video footage of Wishes. He said he was really sorry, and although I was quite sad about it, I did forgive him!

My hair was very amusing when I took all the pins out, still very much Shirley Temple curls! As we were going to be swimming I decided I would just put it back up in a clip rather than wash it in the morning!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0294.jpg

At 9.15 we got on the bus to Typhoon Lagoon, and on arrival we used our APs to get a discount on the tickets. Once we were in we found a shaded spot not far from the wave pool, although it was getting busy fast. We decided to head straight for Crush n Gusher as we had never ridden it before. We rode the banana blaster slide and had a great time, although at the end I shot off the tube and under the water while Carl stayed nicely on top of it :rotfl2: Luckily a Fastpass Photographer was there to capture it all!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/Image134.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/Image136.jpg

We followed this up by riding the body slide, and then a leisurely trip around the lazy river, where we found another photographer.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/Image139.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/Image141.jpg

After one circuit we decided to check out Ketchakidee creek as we thought that was where everyone else was likely to be. And they were there! We played with the kids in the fountains and on the little slides for about half an hour before going off to queue for Mayday falls. When we were almost at the point to pick up our boat, the clouds that had been threatening rain finally let rip, and we were told to clear the pools. We had to shelter for about half an hour, during which time quite a few people left the park. When we were allowed back in we went back to Mayday Falls, and after this rode Gangplank Falls. We were a little disappointed by the family raft ride - we didn't feel it was as good as the one at Blizzard Beach, and it was certainly more painful!

Next stop was to get some lunch, then we decided to get the bus to Downtown Disney. This turned out to be one of the longest bus waits we had during the holiday - after 25 minutes we decided to get the bus that came for Old Key West - we checked with the driver and he said he was heading to Downtown Disney after the resort. To be honest, we should have just walked, but I did get a nap in during the ride, lol!

At Downtown Disney the rain was continuing on and off, but we generally browsed around the shops and, in Once Upon A Toy we were asked if we had taken our phone call. Carl looked confused but I had heard about this happening - we took the phone and one the other end were Mickey and Minnie saying how happy they were that we'd got married, and Mickey was talking about wedding cake and other things :cheer2:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0296.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0297.jpg

We wandered right over to West Side, and I was sad to see the Adventurer's Club closed. We had never visited it before, and this was going to be the trip where we got to experience it :sad2:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0300.jpg

Over at West Side we bumped into mum and dad - they'd had the same idea after leaving TL!

We had dinner at Wolfgang Puck's, having checked if they had any space. We sat in the bar and had a good view of the kitchen at work. The only downside was that we were a bit chilly due to all the rain, and the service was a little slow because they'd had a rush and the kitchen didn't cope too well. The food was good, though - we shared an appetiser of vegetable spring rolls; Carl had ribs and substituted the Asian slaw for ashed potato, while I had ravioli.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0301.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0302.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0305.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0308.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0309.jpg

Finally we went back to POFQ and were fast asleep by 10pm - but not before we had photographer the towel animal that has been left on our bed with some of the petals inside!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0310.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0313.jpg

Scrap_Vamp
10-17-2009, 03:03 PM
A couple more photos:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/Image147.jpg

This was the arrangement that came from Rosie:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0315.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0316.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0318.jpg

Chilly
10-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Hope I get a phone call from Mickey Mouse!

Stefy
10-18-2009, 02:04 PM
V cool to get a phone call from Mickey and Minnie :) Looks like you had a great first day as husband and wife :)

gemmybear83
10-22-2009, 07:39 AM
Just caught up with everything - your wedding day was beautiful!!

I love Rnady's photos too :goodvibes

Scrap_Vamp
10-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Thanks once again for your comments :goodvibes

Onto our second day as husband and wife, and this was the last Disney park we had yet to visit on this trip: Hollywood Studios.

Our plan of action was to get in early and go straight to Toy Story Midway Mania to ride, so we arrived at 8.30 and met mum and dad.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0319.jpg

At 8.45 we were stood at the end of the street waiting for rope drop. Once it had happened, we went with the crowds and got straight in the queue. We thought the queuing area was very impressive, and we walked straight through for most of the way until we got to the diversion for the disabled entrance. Once there we waited about 5 minutes for the disabled car to arrive.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0322.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0325.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0330-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0331-1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0333.jpg

Once on we had an absolute blast, and were determined to ride again on another day!

After we had ridden we heard from Rob and Row that they had arrived and decided the TSMM queue was too long, so they were going to the first showing of Playhouse Disney. Mum went in to find them, while Carl and I took Dad over to Rock n Roller Coaster. On the way past we got FPs for Tower of Terror, then waited about 40 minutes in the standby line for RnR (this time was as posted).

After the ride we strolled back to Playhouse Disney where Milli and Josh were meeting some of the characters: Little Einsteins, JoJo and Goliath, and Handy Manny.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0335.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0336.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/Image151.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/Image153.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/Image159.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/Image166.jpg

As we had got 4 FPs for Tower of Terror we then took Robin and went and rode this - we were lucky to get a fantastic drop sequence - seemed to be quite a few big ones!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/Image174.jpg

Meanwhile mum and Row took the kids to see Beauty and the Beast. After the ride, Carl and I got a frozen lemonade, which was fast becoming our drink of choice, lol!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0344.jpg

While the others were still at B&B, we watched a bit of the In the Can street performance, which was quite funny. At 12pm, Carl and I left the others to go off on our own. We decided to head for the Great Movie Ride, just as it started to rain. The nearby HSM3 performance was cancelled just as we passed, so we turned into a run to make it to TGMR before all the crowds headed the same way! We got to the inside of the queue but stopped right at the back of the cinema room. Standby time in the queue was then about 25 minutes, but at least we were out of the rain. Our guide on the ride was a little underwhelming compared with guides we've had in the past, and just seemed to be going through the motions.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0346.jpg

After this we decided to take a look at Star Tours and as the standby queue said 25 minutes, we waited. In the end it only took about 20 minutes. I'll be glad if they do update this as planned, as I'm a bit bored of the journey now, lol! I did like one particular message that flashed up on the screen in the queue, though - the Honeymoon of Endor!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0353.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0354.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0356.jpg

On the way over to Star Tours, we were suddenly ambushed by some green army men, which made me jump, and then laugh madly!!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0347.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0348.jpg

Next stop was Muppetvision 3D, where we had seats near the front for a change. On the way in I had to check that the key was still under the mat! We followed this up with meeting Lightning McQueen and Mater out in Luigi's garage.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/Image182.jpg

After this we browsed the "shops" on the backlot!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0360.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0361-1.jpg

Our next stop is a must-do for Carl - One Man's Dream. We always find this fascinating, especially looking at some of the scale models of the parks around the world. After we finished here it was about 4.15 and the last few days had caught up with us, so we headed back to the resort.

When we arrived back, we stocked up on some groceries for lunches and breakfasts (bagels, peanut butter, cream cheese, milk) and ordered a pizza to share for our dinner. We also bought a salad, and enjoyed this in our room.

Next we wandered over to Riverside to see if they had any availability for a carriage ride, but they were fully booked so we spent some time playing in the arcade - Guitar Hero, pinball and air hockey! - before heading back.

We finished the day by eating some wedding cake along with a couple of beers that we'd bought in the supermarket earlier in the week while watching the documentary "Octomom".

Tomorrow was to be our first non-Disney park day - Seaworld :woohoo:

Pinkerbell1983
10-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Love your trip report, I'm just making my way through it now. I love looking it other people's pictures of Disney because I always see something that I've not noticed before :)

rebecca_boo
10-30-2009, 01:12 PM
I am loving your TR! You both look so happy.

Scrap_Vamp
10-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Thank you ladies - we really were happy!

OK, so the next day on our trip was spent at Seaworld. Mum and dad picked us up from POFQ and we arrived at Seaworld at 8.35, where we joined the queue to get tickets as we hadn't yet visited Discovery Cove yet. As Rob and Row already had their tickets, they actually got through quicker than us!

When we were finally in we headed straight for Manta. Mum, Row and the kids parked up to watch, and the rest of us were able to walk straight on. Carl, dad and I thought it was incredible, but Rob was absolutely terrified, which was highly amusing!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0458.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0448.jpg

After coming off the ride we then walked onto Kraken - Rob greatly preferred Kraken to Manta :rotfl: While we were riding, mum and Row took the kids into penguin encounter, where Rob went to meet them after Kraken, and to see if Row wanted to ride Journey to Atlantis. Carl, dad and then waited 5 minutes for Journey Into Atlantis, where we got absolutely drenched. When we came off, mum said Rob was now on the ride as Row hadn't wanted to go on it. He didn't get nearly as wet as us!

Next stop was to play at some of the funfair games - we had a go at the ball rolling, where Milli won twice and I won once :cool1:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0383.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0384.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0385.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0388.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0389.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0390.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0391.jpg

We then decided to head over to Shamu Stadium for the first Believe show. On the way we had a brief look at the sealions.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0394.jpg

Mum and Row sat with the kids in the disabled area, while Carl and I sat a bit behind them as the disabled area was actually in the soak zone. As it turns out they didn't get wet, but we wanted to be on the safe side. The show was great, if a little cheesey.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0402.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0405.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0408.jpg

After the show, Carl and I headed off on our own. We started by riding the sea carousel in the kids' area:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0417.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0419.jpg

Next we went on Wild Arctic. The posted wait time was 20 minutes but we actually waited less than 10. There was a bit of Drama at one point, as a lady fainted in the queue, and some guy got hysterical screaming "Somebody call 911" over and over!! I think she was OK - probably just overheated and dehydrated by the look of her, and she was able to walk away with support.

After the ride, which was rougher than I remembered, we walked over to the Waterfront area and sat and ate our lunch. I had my first home made cream cheese bagel and it was delicious!

While eating lunch we decided to see the 2.15pm Clyde and Seamore show, and on the way over there stopped off at Penguin Encounter - we spent 20 minutes just sitting on the floor in the cool as it was soooo hot that day.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0442.jpg

The pirate mime before the show was very funny, as we remembered, but the show was pretty lame - I'm sorry, but as a pantomime veteran, I don't think many Americans do slapstick comedy very well!

On the way out of the show we walked through the shark attack exhibit - I love going through the tunnel, although I try not to think about Jaws 3. Next stop was to go into Key West - we were looking for the bench with the turtle where I've taken photos on the last few trips, but we couldn't find it :confused3 We did notice that the wait time on Manta was still only 20 minutes at this point. While there Carl spent some time petting the rays.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0456.jpg

At 4.30 we watched Blue Horizons, the dolphin show, and this seemed better than it had on our last trip. We happened to spot mum and dad across the audience, and got their attention. At the end of the show we agreed to meet for a coffee on the Waterfront at 6pm. In the meantime, Carl and I went to the manatee rescue exhibit, which always makes me feel sad. We followed this with the alligators.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0459.jpg

We arrived at the Waterfront slightly early so we went to the nearby dolphin nursery where we saw a very tiny dolphin. We then looked around the shops a little, before getting coffee/tea/smoothies plus cookies/muffins.

Despite the lameness of the earlier sealion show, everywhere I had read said only positive things about Sea Lions tonight, so we walked across at about 6.45pm to see the 7.15 show. This was absolutely hilarious, and I'm so glad we made time for it. We then followed the crowd back to Shamu stadium for Shamu Rocks. Last visit we had been out of season, so we had not seen this before.

For this show we sat in the disabled area again (although one girl gave us grief about trying to sit with mum - she claimed to be saving seats for her entire extended family, although they didn't appear to be with any of the disabled people in the area - grr. Luckily a lovely lady moved her family up the other side so Carl and I could squeeze in. In turn, we helped her get the attention of the drinks vendors, and passed money and drinks back and forth, lol!). This time we did get soaked in the soak zone - right at the end of the show! We could also see an electrical storm starting in the distance, which was pretty cool, and added to the whole atmosphere of the show.

As we left the stadium, the Reflections fireworks started about 15 minutes early (possibly due to the storm?) so we watched from across the lake. They were nice, but not a patch on Disney. To allow the crowds to pass at the end, we played another couple of fairground games, and I won again, this time on the one where you have to get the ball to stay in the bucket.

The queue to get out of the car park was the worst we experienced all holiday, so we pretty much fell into bed by the time we got home.

Tomorrow - Pirate's Cove Mini Golf...

Stefy
11-02-2009, 02:56 AM
Loving your updates, looks like you had a great time at Seaworld, can't wait to read more :)

Ann117
11-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Everything Looks wonderful!! Orange is my color to I think I am going to buy orange umbrellas just in case it rains. I love your pictures with the umbrella.

Scrap_Vamp
11-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Thank you again, everyone :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

Ann - we were lucky as a new store opened in our biggest local shopping mall (Bluewater) that sells handbags, purses, and luggage, but also umbrellas - ours cost us only 4.99 each, which is about $8!

PS, my middle name is Anne :cool1:

dapoteete
11-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Just read the entire thread (while at work) oops! Lovely!

Who made your Mad Hatter cake for your home reception? It was beautiful!

Congratulations

Scrap_Vamp
11-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Just read the entire thread (while at work) oops! Lovely!

Who made your Mad Hatter cake for your home reception? It was beautiful!

Congratulations

Thank you :love:

My mum arranged the cake but I think she found a specialist cake shop in a town about an hour's drive from us - we saw their stand at a wedding fair when we were originally looking at castle cakes, and went down there a couple of times in secret!

Ann117
11-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Ann - we were lucky as a new store opened in our biggest local shopping mall (Bluewater) that sells handbags, purses, and luggage, but also umbrellas - ours cost us only 4.99 each, which is about $8!

PS, my middle name is Anne :cool1:

You are lucky I an not find any cheap ones so far. I had no idea umbrellas could cost so much some are $60! But I am going to keep looking.

princess22
11-27-2009, 12:21 PM
I just spent almost an hour reading your TR. I have no idea how I missed it! Everything looked so great and magical. I love all the pictures with Mickey and Minnie. Your mum seems so nice and sweet! She had some awesome surprises for you! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!!!

Scrap_Vamp
11-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Thank you so much! I really need to get back into updating it - I've been so busy lately. :cutie:

dapoteete
01-11-2010, 05:34 PM
where are you :sad2:

Scrap_Vamp
01-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Hey, sorry I am still here - things have just got crazy busy at work, and I'm also doing pantomime at the moment, which is taking up loads of my time - will try and post another day tomorrow night if I don't have loads of marking to do!

Scrap_Vamp
02-07-2010, 03:53 PM
OK, finally I am back in updating mode!

Today was a non-park day, and we had made the decision to go searching for Mouse Memories scrapbook store to make sure we had some fab things to include in our albums when we got home. All scrapbook stuff here is imported, which makes it more expensive, so the US is craft heaven for me and my mum, lol!

On this day our alarm went off at 7.30 and we were in the pool by 7.40. We did a couple of laps around (as much as you can!) and then spent ten minutes in the hot tub, which was lovely. I wish I could start every morning like that! Then we went back to the room, showered, had breakfast and did a bit of handwashing.

At 10am mum and dad picked us up to go to Mouse Memories. Although I had the street address we weren't sure exactly how far along the 192 it was, so we went a bit too far and ended up in St Cloud! Doubled back to the tourist info place to ask directions, but found it was closed for lunch (a bit early?!). In the end we found a payphone and called the store, and they told us we weren't far from them.

We had great fun browsing around the store, and the lady who owned it was really friendly. She shrink wrapped everything for us so that it would travel safely. In the end, with the delay and the amount of time we spent at the store, we abandoned our plan to go to the Florida Mall again, and went to Super Walmart instead, where we shopped for cheap postcards and T-shirts etc. As much as I love genuine Disney souvenires, it is a bonus to be able to get twice as much for your money in Walmart!

Next stop was back to mum and dad's villa at Windsor Hills, where we pottered around for a bit until 3pm, when we went to the Crossroads area to play Pirates Cove Adventure golf. The course was a bit hilly for my mum, which was unfortunate, but everyone seemed to have good fun. We split into two groups to play, the first of which was me, Carl and my dad. I was really pleased to even get a hole in one! As we were waiting for the others to finish (we played faster as we didn't have the kids!) it started to rain, and we got inside Sweet Tomatoes just before it got really heavy.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0462.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0463.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0464.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0465.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0472.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0468.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0473.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0480.jpg

Everyone really enjoyed their food, even my brother, who was sceptical at going to a restaurant that specialised in salads! As my mum and I are not big meat eaters, we were in heaven. We couldn't believe how good value it was, either, and we knew we would definitely be going back. All the recommendations we had received were completely justified.

At 6.45 we arrived back at POFQ where we chilled in the room and watched a little TV before heading over to POR for our carriage ride. It was raining slightly on the walk over (the wedding umbrellas came in handy!) but it stopped completely while we were on the ride. It was really peaceful and romantic, and a lovely way to see the resorts.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0485.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0489.jpg

We got back to our room about 9.20pm and went to bed early as we had an early morning planned at Magic Kingdom the next day, with our night at Animal Kingdom Lodge to come later!

Stefy
02-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Sounds like a great non park day and what a way to end, but with a romantic carriage ride :)

I see new pics in your siggy. Did you get to participate in AI?

Scrap_Vamp
02-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Sounds like a great non park day and what a way to end, but with a romantic carriage ride :)

I see new pics in your siggy. Did you get to participate in AI?

It was perfectly romantic!

I did participate in AI during our final week, so will post a full description of that later - it was great fun!

Stefy
02-08-2010, 03:25 AM
Oooh sounds exciting, can't wait to read about it :)

Chilly
02-09-2010, 04:58 PM
A great non park day.

figmentfan814
02-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Glad to see you're back; I know how hard it can be to finish a TR; it took me over a year to finish our wedding @ WDW and honeymoon to Hawaii.

How cool that you were able to go to Mouse Memories. I order stuff from them online a lot and have wanted to stop at the store down there. Was it a decent size? That is so great that you were able to get things without having to have them shipped overseas.

We've done that same putt-putt before; it is a fun course. The carriage ride looks so romantic. We usually stay at POR and I have wanted to do this for a long time!

Scrap_Vamp
02-10-2010, 02:03 PM
I haven't visited a great deal of craft stores in the US except for JoAnns and Michaels, but Mouse Memories was a similar size to my local scrapbook store at home. It was really useful because they had products separated by theme, so it was easy to find stuff related to a particular park, or sport, or season or whatever.

The only downside was that, being primarily an online store, they didn't have prices on a great deal of stuff. However, being from the UK we could guarantee that it would be cheaper than we could find it at home!

tinkerbell1988
02-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Hi Jeni!

I have just been catching up on your PJ and TR and have to say everything looks absolutely stunning!! i love your dress, the flowers, and I can't believe your mum suprised you with mickey and minnie and the flower arrangement etc in your room, she sounds so lovely!! you have beautiful photo's, you look like you really enjoyed yourself!

I have also been looking on your Flickr site with your scrapbook creations and I am totally inspired! I have been wanting to get into scrapbooking for a a while now as an ex collegue of mine used to come in each day with her new creations. photo's are so important to me and being able to display them like that is such a lovely way to keep them! you must be so talented! how did you start? it all seems quite overwhelming with the amount of things you can buy for scrapbooking, what did you first buy to get you started? and where do you get your bits from? I have a craft shop close to me called The Paper Mill but it doesn't seem to hold much.. and even then i don't know where i would start!

Also just one other question if you don't mind me asking. We are going to have an Escape ceremony and i was just wondering how much you can customise the cake without spending money? I notice you had diamantes on your cake which look lovely! did you have to pay for these? do you think if we wanted ribbon and/or flowers on the cake we would have to pay extra? :confused3

sorry for the extremely long post and for all the questions!! again, beautiful photos and thanks for sharing! :goodvibes xx

Scrap_Vamp
02-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Hi Jeni!

I have just been catching up on your PJ and TR and have to say everything looks absolutely stunning!! i love your dress, the flowers, and I can't believe your mum suprised you with mickey and minnie and the flower arrangement etc in your room, she sounds so lovely!! you have beautiful photo's, you look like you really enjoyed yourself!

Thank you! Lots of people seem to be big fans of my mum, lol - she's not bad is she?! We really did have fun - I can honestly say there was no stress involved in the actual day itself, which was more than we could have ever hoped for.

I have also been looking on your Flickr site with your scrapbook creations and I am totally inspired! I have been wanting to get into scrapbooking for a a while now as an ex collegue of mine used to come in each day with her new creations. photo's are so important to me and being able to display them like that is such a lovely way to keep them! you must be so talented! how did you start?

Thank you again. I started scrapping around the time I met Carl (2004) as my mum was into cardmaking and there would be the odd mentioned of it in her magazines. I then joined the UKScrappers forums online, and made a lot of friends there. I tend o hang out here a lot more than there now, but it is a great resource and you can learn a lot from the girls (and guys) there.

it all seems quite overwhelming with the amount of things you can buy for scrapbooking, what did you first buy to get you started? and where do you get your bits from? I have a craft shop close to me called The Paper Mill but it doesn't seem to hold much.. and even then i don't know where i would start!

I buy some bits from Paper Mill, but they can be a little pricey for some of the name brand items. I am on a Design Team for my local Scrapbook Store (Scrapbook Sisters in Rainham, Kent - google them, they have a blog and forum as well as a shop!). It helps to have them locally. I also buy online from some shops that sponsor on UKS, and QVC. I occasionally oder from the US as well, but you have to factor in postage and customs to check if it's a good deal.

Also just one other question if you don't mind me asking. We are going to have an Escape ceremony and i was just wondering how much you can customise the cake without spending money? I notice you had diamantes on your cake which look lovely! did you have to pay for these? do you think if we wanted ribbon and/or flowers on the cake we would have to pay extra? :confused3

We actually had the art deco cake, which is one of the 5 basic options with the package! We felt it matched our colour scheme and style closest, so went with it. We didn't have any additions but I imagine they wouldn't charge for a small addition like ribbon :confused3

sorry for the extremely long post and for all the questions!! again, beautiful photos and thanks for sharing! :goodvibes xx

It's not a problem at all - I hope I was able to help you out :hug:

Scrap_Vamp
03-21-2010, 02:44 PM
After our early night, we got up at 6.30 and were waiting for the bus to Magic Kingdom at 8am. Just after 8.30 we met up with mum and dad, and we watched the opening ceremony with them - they had never seen this before, so they really enjoyed it!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0490.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0492.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0493.jpg

Mum had mentioned that she really wanted to ride the Tomorrowland speedway, so we decided this would be the day we rode some of the more unusual rides that none of us had before. As we were in the area, we had to pick up FPs for Buzz, as it is one of Carl's favourites, then we got in line for the speedway, where we were taken through the disabled entrance. It wasn't easy for mum to get in the car as it is quite low down, but she did manage it - luckily it was still very quiet at that point! Mum rode with Carl and I rode with Dad. I have to say, driving those little cars was a lot more difficult than I had imagined :rotfl: When we got off the ride, mum and I were awarded our Tomorrowland driving licenses :cool1:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0494.jpg

Next we went back to Buzz but there was no queue so we walked straight through the standby line. We were taken to the exit to make it easier for mum to get on, which meant we had to wait a short while. I didn't get a very good score at all, and mum decided that she prefers TSMM - no surprise there!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0495.jpg

Our second 'new' ride of today was the Astro Orbiters. When we got up onto the platform it became clear that mum would never be able to climb into the vehicle but instead she stayed on the platform and watched the 3 of us ride. It was surprising how high it went - you get a really good view from up there :)

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0497.jpg

By the time we got off the ride it was 9.50, and time for us to go to our Ohana reservation. On the way down Main Street some of the characters were out and about, and we were accosted by Miss Inge, who thought we were wonderful and started parading us around and announcing to everyone that we were "The Brownsvilles, the newlyweds." SHe then asked us to help her find Miss Hildegarde, but we hadn't seen her since the opening ceremony. She also got Carl to explain to a young girl how he had wooed me, and commented that she needed to find a man just like him!! Eventualy we had to excuse ourselves (after about 10 minutes!) as we had to get to breakfast.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0499.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0501-1.jpg

We took the monorail to the Polynesian and were greeted really well. We were given leis and talked through the tradition of putting them on each other in order to have good luck etc.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0502-1.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0503.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0504.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0506.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0514.jpg

During the actual meal Stitch was great fun, as were Lilo, Mickey and Pluto. The quality of the food was also very good but unfortunately we had the worst server we've ever had at DIsney. He was very rushed and barely spoke to us. Until we asked for one, he didn't bring us our fruit, and we were afraid to ask for more of anything else. After we'd only been there 30 minutes the bill was sitting on our table when we'd still only seen Stitch out of all the characters! My mum went and spoke to someone about the quality of the service, and we didn't leave any additional tip - unfortunately we had 18% added automatically from Tables in Wonderland, although we wouldn't have given that much through choice.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0510-1.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0516.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0517.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0519.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0520.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0521.jpg

After breakfast Carl and I went back to the Magic Kingdom and used our FPs for Buzz - this time we both got much better scores! Although it was now nearly midday we thought we would go to Toontown and check the queue for the Fairies, but it was over an hour as we suspected it might be, and we decided to try on a day when we were there before 10am. We looked through the County Bounty store briefly and Carl had fun pretending to be Stitch!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0529.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0530.jpg

While in the area, we checked the Teardrop and waited for about ten minutes to see if any characters appeared, but none did, so we got the train back to Main Street. We sat at the back and had a lovely chat with the conductor. Once back in Main Street we went into the Emporium so that he could buy a couple of bits of golf merchandise that he had had his eye on. He also bought the watch which was on special offer (I think it was $10 if you spend over $30 or something similar).

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/Scrap_Vamp/IMG_0532.jpg

We headed out of the park, and saw the POFQ bus at the stop so ran the last distance - the driver was very sweet, and said there was no way she would leave without the newlyweds! Once back at the resort, we chilled in our room for an hour before we decided to head over to our next stop - one night at AKL!!

Stefy
03-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Looks like Ohana Breakfast was alot of fun :)

Sounds like Miss Inge was a hoot :laughing:

Scrap_Vamp
03-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Looks like Ohana Breakfast was alot of fun :)

It was - we weren't going to let the grumpy server spoil it!

Sounds like Miss Inge was a hoot :laughing:

Yes! The bride and groom ears definitely get you noticed :rotfl2:

figmentfan814
03-21-2010, 09:49 PM
I was excited to see an update :cool1:

I have never been to an opening of a park, so liked seeing your opening shots at MK. I always enjoy trying out new things at the park and agree that the cars on the speedway are sometimes difficult to run. Sorry about the service at Ohanas, I know we have had troubles with service at some restaurants the last few trips.

Jets fan
03-22-2010, 08:59 AM
Have sat here for 45 mins and read your entire trip report so far. Your weeding looked wonderful as did your dress. The pics are some of the best I have seen of a wedding and your little bridesmaid was adorable.

Thanks for sharing

Tina

Scrap_Vamp
03-22-2010, 01:52 PM
I was excited to see an update :cool1:

I have never been to an opening of a park, so liked seeing your opening shots at MK. I always enjoy trying out new things at the park and agree that the cars on the speedway are sometimes difficult to run. Sorry about the service at Ohanas, I know we have had troubles with service at some restaurants the last few trips.

Lol, thanks for coming back! We've done opening at every park except for Animal Kingdom - not sure why we've not done that one though!

Scrap_Vamp
03-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Have sat here for 45 mins and read your entire trip report so far. Your weeding looked wonderful as did your dress. The pics are some of the best I have seen of a wedding and your little bridesmaid was adorable.

Thanks for sharing

Tina

Thank you so much :D We loved our photos from Randy so much we want to do a resort photo shoot with him at Christmas :cloud9: