PDA

View Full Version : OT: Nim's Island

WDWorBUST
04-11-2008, 01:50 PM
I have a 4 1/2 year old that I was thining about taking to a movie tonight. Has anyone seen Nim's Island? It's rated PG but I know very little about it, except that it looks cute. Can anyone point me to one of the websites for parents to review before taking a child to a movie? I know someone gave it to me before, but I can't remember what it is (I'll definitely save it as a favorite going forward)

WDWorBUST
04-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Anyone??

bcinohio
04-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Try plugged in on line. it will tell you all about the movie.

Hope this helps.

WDWorBUST
04-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Thanks!

Wendy*Darling
04-11-2008, 03:18 PM
I'm taking my kids to see this later today too. Any word on if it's good or not? Mine are old enough I'm fine with the PG rating...just wondering if it's a good movie!

WDWorBUST
04-11-2008, 03:31 PM
I read the review at pluggedinonline.com and it sounds like a great kids movie. I am going to take DD to see it tonight - the review listed spirituality, language, violence, sexuality and gave the scenes that fell under them. I think it should be fine for me personally for my DD.

pednurse
04-11-2008, 05:01 PM
A friend (who has the same taste in kids' movies I do....very conservative in what she will let her kids watch) took her 4 kids to see it as a family outing. The older 2 (ages 8 & 9) really enjoyed it. The younger 2 (ages 5 & 3) didn't so much as most of it was way over their heads she said. They enjoyed being at the movie theater & eating popcorn, but the movie itself didn't really hold their interest. But she said for the older 2 it was a really good movie. So, although I haven't seen it myself yet, I would let my 2 kids see it based on her evaluation of it (they are 10 & 6), but if a child was younger than kindergarten/first grade, I would consider not paying to go see it at the theater as it seems a bit above their level. Hope that information helps.

jacobsmom00
04-11-2008, 06:33 PM
Me and my girlfriend took our little boys to see it today. Mine is almost 6 and hers just turned 5. They both loved it. Some of the parts scared her little boy, but nothing bad. It was a very cute story. My son had no problems following the moive.

WDWorBUST
04-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Just an update - we did go see it tonight. Honestly it was about taking her to the theater with her aunt and it being the only appropriate choice (she already saw Horton Hears a Who). However....with that being said I thought it was an amazing kids movie. Her comment was it was too long....I have pretty much decided no more live action movies unless she asks though. OH...and the storms did scare her some which I might have reconsidered just because we've had flooding and tornado watches and weathermen interupting during TV lately and she has showed a lot of concern.