PDA

View Full Version : POtCO "Rocking Our Roos" Pirates Guild

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Iris
09-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Woot! :cool1:

We then took Jewel through and helped her pass her own Boss Battle! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Well then, guess i didn't need to log in just now. Sorry Jewel, had planned on helping but I guess it wasn't needed after all. Congratulations on completing the boss battle.

tinkabellspirate
09-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Well then, guess i didn't need to log in just now. Sorry Jewel, had planned on helping but I guess it wasn't needed after all. Congratulations on completing the boss battle.

No need to log on! its almost double rep time, and aye second on that big Congratulations on completing the boss battle!:thumbsup2

bevgray
09-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Still ailing although have been cleared to go back to work. Now, if I can just manage some game time. Miss you'all.

Iris
09-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Still ailing although have been cleared to go back to work. Now, if I can just manage some game time. Miss you'all.

Aww hurry back soon girlie, we miss you! :) PS-my girl loves Indy!!!!

tigressjewel
09-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Woot!! Thank you so much Pink and Pete.. such precision, such teamwork!! You truly did boss that battle! I was able to get the double rep too, so a very good days work! Thanks so much Cruise for thinking of me and logging in today though. Have I mentioned lately how much I love our guild? :grouphug:

CAJUNWDWFAN
10-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Good news, I now can play pirates at lunch at work. I got a new monitor yesterday and now I can actually see whats going on, on the screen.

Mean Queen
10-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Good news, I now can play pirates at lunch at work. I got a new monitor yesterday and now I can actually see whats going on, on the screen.

That's a nice lunch break!

tinkabellspirate
10-01-2008, 09:02 AM

Great news! can we plan for some ship battles now? its been forever since you sunk my ships. :cool1:

CAJUNWDWFAN
10-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Great news! can we plan for some ship battles now? its been forever since you sunk my ships. :cool1:

Ship sailing and battling is actually the part I need to get better at on POTC.

tinkabellspirate
10-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Ship sailing and battling is actually the part I need to get better at on POTC.

Just post what ocean to meet Ill join your ship for some training anytime! :thumbsup2

threeboysmom
10-01-2008, 11:44 AM

You seriously are wanting to battle it out with us, aren't you? LOL!

Are you more interested in ship vs. ship or player vs. player combat?

I can organize something for DIS players if you'd like.

tinkabellspirate
10-01-2008, 11:58 AM
You seriously are wanting to battle it out with us, aren't you? LOL!

Are you more interested in ship vs. ship or player vs. player combat?

I can organize something for DIS players if you'd like.

Oh I am not out to start anything other than friendly battles at sea! just trying to keep the magic alive!
If you do!! I can't make it this weekend or next Ill be at the fort!!:banana:

KrazyPete
10-07-2008, 11:33 AM
I upgraded the software that runs our web site today. I know it looks the same but trust me, it's different. If you've been having issues with it, please check it out and let me know if they've been fixed in this update. :thumbsup2

Iris
10-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Still can't edit my page but no biggie.

News from the Test Server:

*Players can now replay the Black Pearl Boss Battle even after defeating the Goliath! (Wootness!!!)

Some others of interest:
*Trainer NPC's at local blacksmiths can now retrain your weapons, by retraining a weapon you can refund all your spent skill points and allow you to re-choose your skills for that same weapon
*Captains now have more control over who boards their ships with a new ship-boarding persmission system. Additionaly, players at dignhies now have a better interface for finding ships to board.
*The maxium size of Guilds has been increased to 500 members.

There are several more release notes on the Test Server but was most excited about the ability to redo Boss Battle.

threeboysmom
10-07-2008, 07:03 PM

News from the Test Server:

*Players can now replay the Black Pearl Boss Battle even after defeating the Goliath! (Wootness!!!)

Some others of interest:
*Trainer NPC's at local blacksmiths can now retrain your weapons, by retraining a weapon you can refund all your spent skill points and allow you to re-choose your skills for that same weapon
*Captains now have more control over who boards their ships with a new ship-boarding persmission system. Additionaly, players at dignhies now have a better interface for finding ships to board.
*The maxium size of Guilds has been increased to 500 members.

There are several more release notes on the Test Server but was most excited about the ability to redo Boss Battle.

Oh YES!!! Now I can do it over and over again! :dance3:

KrazyPete
10-07-2008, 09:08 PM

It is a biggie. It's a recurring problem that I can't seem to fix and I have 5 sites running under this drupal install I don't like a bug in there that I can't find.

KrazyPete
10-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Ok, I think it's fixed for real now. I've tested it with Cruise's account and Pink has tested it with her mom's. If anyone else is having problems editing their own member page please let me know. :thumbsup2

threeboysmom
10-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Ouch! I SERIOUSLY need to update my player page!

Thanks for fixing that, Pete! :goodvibes

Iris
10-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Picture of new Boarding Permissions:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1751/permissionspotcvb5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Iris
10-09-2008, 04:28 PM
New Boarding Options:

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/4361/boardingoptionsec4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/boardingoptionsec4.jpg/1/w442.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img376/boardingoptionsec4.jpg/1/)

CAJUNWDWFAN
10-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Hey cruise, you free next week during lunch to meet me on POTC, i can play at lunch now :)

Iris
10-10-2008, 07:21 AM
Hey cruise, you free next week during lunch to meet me on POTC, i can play at lunch now :)

You got it, I would love to play with somebody - it is rather lonely these days. I must say I have been spending a great deal of time with Michelle's Guild-Babes of the Sea (that name just cracks me up)

Lunch your time right? (EST?)

KrazyPete
10-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Those screen shots look pretty cool. Thanks for posting them Cruise. I can't wait until they push those out to the live servers.

CAJUNWDWFAN
10-10-2008, 08:03 AM
You got it, I would love to play with somebody - it is rather lonely these days. I must say I have been spending a great deal of time with Michelle's Guild-Babes of the Sea (that name just cracks me up)

Lunch your time right? (EST?)

I'm central time :) I'll look for you Monday :)

Iris
10-10-2008, 11:34 AM
A few more images of new items coming soon:

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/7231/direwaspsws6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
By [/URL]

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5817/trainerpv3.jpg (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/DisneyCruiseFan)
By

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/8642/traineroptionsxd2.jpg (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/DisneyCruiseFan)
By

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/3479/generalbloodlineeu9.jpg (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/DisneyCruiseFan)
By [URL=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/DisneyCruiseFan]

Mean Queen
10-10-2008, 11:58 AM
I can't wait until all those new items come online! It looks fun.

threeboysmom
10-13-2008, 12:57 PM
I miss my Guildies!!! :grouphug:

Anyone up for a little ship privateering competition this Friday night? We can divide up into two teams and see how many times we can sink each other.

This will NOT be a wimpy friendly flag type game. It will be an all-out ship battle war! pirate:

Iris
10-13-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm central time :) I'll look for you Monday :)

Hey Jedi,

Sorry, I could not make it today, my computer is being updated as I speak!

I AM FINALLY OUT OF MY COMPUTER NIGHTMARE!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Right now files are being backed up to be placed onto my spanking brand new office computer which has a wicked processor, oodles of memory and enough space to house the national archives inventory.

I won't be available until Wednesday but then I am off Thursday and Friday - had to use some vacation days since I can't roll them over to next year. So I can play then.

Can't wait until all my updates are completed and files are restored on my new office computer, it has been a nightmare since August!!!!

CAJUNWDWFAN
10-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Hey Jedi,

Sorry, I could not make it today, my computer is being updated as I speak!

I AM FINALLY OUT OF MY COMPUTER NIGHTMARE!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Right now files are being backed up to be placed onto my spanking brand new office computer which has a wicked processor, oodles of memory and enough space to house the national archives inventory.

I won't be available until Wednesday but then I am off Thursday and Friday - had to use some vacation days since I can't roll them over to next year. So I can play then.

Can't wait until all my updates are completed and files are restored on my new office computer, it has been a nightmare since August!!!!

Aww, sorry I missed you today but I guess you have a good excuse. ;) have fun with your new speed machine. We can meet up later this week. I'm not sure about Wednesday just yet. We may have lunch catered for wednesday at work.

tigressjewel
10-13-2008, 06:43 PM
I miss my Guildies!!! :grouphug:

Anyone up for a little ship privateering competition this Friday night? We can divide up into two teams and see how many times we can sink each other.

This will NOT be a wimpy friendly flag type game. It will be an all-out ship battle war! pirate:

I would really love to do this! Please post the time here and I'll do my best to be there. I miss everyone so much! :hug:

threeboysmom
10-14-2008, 03:40 PM
OK, how about this....

Friday, October 17, at 8:00 p.m. EST

This is open to any DIS'er that would like to join the Roo Rockers! Just let us know on this thread if you would like to take part in our Ship Privateering Event.

Right now... it's Pink versus Jewel. Muuuaaahhhaaa :dance3:

tinkabellspirate
10-14-2008, 06:21 PM
OK, how about this....

Friday, October 17, at 8:00 p.m. EST

This is open to any DIS'er that would like to join the Roo Rockers! Just let us know on this thread if you would like to take part in our Ship Privateering Event.

Right now... it's Pink versus Jewel. Muuuaaahhhaaa :dance3:

I have not seen hide nor hair of any elite dis in quite some time now:confused3 sounds like a great time too bad I gotta go watch DD :cheer2: and its away game no doubt..popcorn::

Mean Queen
10-14-2008, 08:00 PM
I have not seen hide nor hair of any elite dis in quite some time now:confused3 sounds like a great time too bad I gotta go watch DD :cheer2: and its away game no doubt..popcorn::

I rarely see any other Elite Dis/Dis Crew members anymore. But I can't do Friday either, I'll be at Disney this weekend for MNSSHP.

tinkabellspirate
10-14-2008, 08:39 PM
I rarely see any other Elite Dis/Dis Crew members anymore. But I can't do Friday either, I'll be at Disney this weekend for MNSSHP.

Oh yay! I was there last week and it was very frightfull. :scared1:

Mean Queen
10-14-2008, 08:45 PM

Frightful? :scared1: It's supposed to be not so scary. :rotfl2:

threeboysmom
10-15-2008, 07:01 AM

Oh grrrr... I hate you both ;)

threeboysmom
10-15-2008, 07:49 AM
Friday night 8 p.m. EST

So far, it's Pink, Jewel, and Shark.

Cruise, Themgrind, and MeanQueen cannot make it...

Haven't heard from anyone else. Need at least one more person to balance it out...

Iris
10-15-2008, 08:46 AM

That is a pretty acceptable excuse..........jealous, jealous, jealous:wizard:

I will also be watching my daughter :cheer2: at the football game on Friday. Most likely the team will not win, they only won 1 game all season.:confused3

tigressjewel
10-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Friday night 8 p.m. EST

So far, it's Pink, Jewel, and Shark.

Cruise, Themgrind, and MeanQueen cannot make it...

Haven't heard from anyone else. Need at least one more person to balance it out...

Hiya! My daughter has a 4-H competition that won't be done until 7:30 or 8pm. I can just come in when I get home, unless we want to try for sat? I'm still fine with tomorrow though, just might be a tad late. If nothing else we can PVP as undeads, that always gives me a good laugh!!
Jewel.. I'm dead
Pink.. You better run!
Jewel.. Oh, I'm laughing
Pink.. You don't look so good
Its very hard to take swordfighting seriously with your bff. :rotfl2:

threeboysmom
10-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Hiya! My daughter has a 4-H competition that won't be done until 7:30 or 8pm. I can just come in when I get home, unless we want to try for sat? I'm still fine with tomorrow though, just might be a tad late. If nothing else we can PVP as undeads, that always gives me a good laugh!!
Jewel.. I'm dead
Pink.. You better run!
Jewel.. Oh, I'm laughing
Pink.. You don't look so good
Its very hard to take swordfighting seriously with your bff. :rotfl2:

LOL! I think that was probably our conversation verbatim! Oh my gosh, I was laughing so hard, I ouldn't even get a hit on you.

Kind of hard to take swordfighting seriously when you're overtaken in a serious giggling fit.

Mudpit next time? :woohoo:

threeboysmom
10-17-2008, 04:30 PM
Well... last ditch effort for some pirates to join us tonight at 8 pm EST.

Otherwise, it will be just another night of Pete sinking Pink and Pink getting mad ... :rolleyes1 Until Jewel can make it home to join us, LOL.

tigressjewel
10-17-2008, 04:31 PM
:rotfl2:
As it turns out we got our dates mixed up and I won't be at a competition tonight, so I'll be able to show up by 8. :cool1:

Oh Pete.... we need help in figuring out how to battle with another crew.

threeboysmom
10-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Oh Pete.... we need help in figuring out how to battle with another crew.

You're seriously dying to take another swing at me, aren't you? :rotfl2:

tigressjewel
10-17-2008, 05:36 PM
WOOT!!

From the Newsletter:

October 17 2008
Massive Game Update Goes Live! Level 5 Weapons, New Quests and More!

Check out the massive game update Live! This update introduces new Level 5 Weapons, new Quests, new Bosses, Skill Point Reallocation, and much more. Check out these great new features!

Looks like tonight won't be at all boring!! :cool1:

tinkabellspirate
10-17-2008, 11:43 PM
WOOT!!

From the Newsletter:

October 17 2008
Massive Game Update Goes Live! Level 5 Weapons, New Quests and More!

Check out the massive game update Live! This update introduces new Level 5 Weapons, new Quests, new Bosses, Skill Point Reallocation, and much more. Check out these great new features!

Looks like tonight won't be at all boring!! :cool1:

Just adding more from newsletter, I posted on the ED2~thread also but left out the part about the prizes! :upsidedow

One Year Anniversary Celebration October 16 2008 Happy Birthday - to Us!

To celebrate the first anniversary of the launch of Pirates of the Caribbean Online and to show our appreciation to our community, we're celebrating our anniversary and awarding you, our players, in a variety of ways.

Get in the Game! Our anniversary falls on October 31st - Halloween! We've got spooky plans for you! Be sure to join us - and the scourge of the Caribbean, Jolly Roger, who has even more spookier plans for you.

Rewarding Our Players! During the month of October, 31 Basic Access Players will be randomly selected to receive a 14-day Unlimited Access upgrade! We'll also award 31 Unlimited Access Members with a special Pirates Online prize pack! Finally, we've got a very special gift planned for our Unlimited Access Founders.

Live the Pirates Life Contest! All the excitement concludes with our biggest contest to date! You'll get to show the world you're a Pirates Online fan! More details to come!

Your support, enthusiasm and dedication have made us the #1 Pirates MMORPG in the world and we couldn't have done it without you! Thanks for playing!

BobRichmond
10-21-2008, 11:04 AM
I have completed all the other level 5 weapon quests, but am stuck on one of the first tasks that Tia gives you for the Taboo Doll. The task (picture below) seems to indicate that there is a digspot in the village area of Kingshead. I have never seen or heard of a digspot in that area and I have recently spent at least 2 hours trying to find it. Has anybody completed this task?

Note: The 2 digspots in the first courtyard on Kingshead do not work and give the "Nothing of Interest" message.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/BobRichmond/dolllvl5task.jpg

Mean Queen
10-21-2008, 11:09 AM
I have completed all the other level 5 weapon quests, but am stuck on one of the first tasks that Tia gives you for the Taboo Doll. The task (picture below) seems to indicate that there is a digspot in the village area of Kingshead. I have never seen or heard of a digspot in that area and I have recently spent at least 2 hours trying to find it. Has anybody completed this task?

Note: The 2 digspots in the first courtyard on Kingshead do not work and give the "Nothing of Interest" message.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/BobRichmond/dolllvl5task.jpg

I think there is a dig spot in the village area hidden behind a couple houses. I haven't done the task, but I remember finding it once and wondering what task it was for. I remember it being near an arch. Hope that helps!

tinkabellspirate
10-21-2008, 12:25 PM
I think there is a dig spot in the village area hidden behind a couple houses. I haven't done the task, but I remember finding it once and wondering what task it was for. I remember it being near an arch. Hope that helps!

You got it Queen, but you must enter thru the archway. just as you enter the courtyard from the path of trees go left the arch is on the left guarded by a few EITC . enter the smaller courtyard and battle a few more, the dig spot is kinda in the middle. Good luck!

CAJUNWDWFAN
10-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Oh drat! I'm back on basic access. :(

Anyone want to contribute to the "Give Jedi Unlimited Access Fund" ?

BobRichmond
10-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Well I found it with some help (OK, lots of help with pictures) from another site.

To be more complete when you enter the village from the tree lined hill look on the left at the buildings. The second set of small stairs leads up to a open archway. Go through that archway and you will see 2 trees in a grassy area. Go about half way between and just a little past the trees and you will find the dig spot.

threeboysmom
10-24-2008, 03:34 PM
Well I found it with some help (OK, lots of help with pictures) from another site.

To be more complete when you enter the village from the tree lined hill look on the left at the buildings. The second set of small stairs leads up to a open archway. Go through that archway and you will see 2 trees in a grassy area. Go about half way between and just a little past the trees and you will find the dig spot.

Thanks, Out! This will come in handy when I start that quest!

I've been trying to knock off some of the old privateering and clothing quests out of my journal before beginning these new weapon quests.

I'm now ready to begin! Woot! pirate:

threeboysmom
10-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Oh drat! I'm back on basic access. :(

Anyone want to contribute to the "Give Jedi Unlimited Access Fund" ?

Grrr... just pay the stinking $8/month, will you? :)

CAJUNWDWFAN
10-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Grrr... just pay the stinking $8/month, will you? :)

Well now I have a decision to make. Do I buy access to POTC or do I wait to pay for the new Star Wars : The Old Republic MMO game coming out soon.

www.swtor.com

threeboysmom
10-24-2008, 07:21 PM
Well now I have a decision to make. Do I buy access to POTC or do I wait to pay for the new Star Wars : The Old Republic MMO game coming out soon.

www.swtor.com

I'll make the decision for you....

BOTH! :woohoo:

I just took a look at that website. Looks cool! When does the game launch? I couldn't find a whole lot of info about the game on that site.

BobRichmond
10-24-2008, 11:26 PM
...This will come in handy when I start that quest!...trying to knock off some of the old privateering and clothing quests out of my journal before beginning these new weapon quests...I'm now ready to begin!...
I have to say a nice word for POtCO on these new quests. This task was the only one that was difficult for me. Even though there are ships to sink, there are not nearly as many as some of the other recent quests needed. However some of the new bosses are HARD, so be sure to have some friends with you (or do them soon when many other strangers are still doing them). By hard I mean mid 30 level bosses that would have killed me (level 38 now) pretty quickly if strangers hadn't stepped in and helped.

A couple of tips that worked for me:
- Get all the quests at 1 time and run around getting all the talking, easy parts, and easy land parts done before getting into the sailing. This way when multiple quests have you sinking ships, you can go after the ships needed to satisfy all the quests. For example a quest want you to sink any EITC, another needs lvl10+ EITC, and a third needs lvl20+ EITC - just go after the lvl20+ to satisfy all the quests.
- Since most of the talking will be on islands you can teleport to, go back and talk after you complete any task. This way you can get the next task that might be the same as other tasks you already have.
- There is one task that says sink a Spanish skeleton ship - it completed for me when I sank a regular skeleton ship (no boarding and fighting needed).
- When sailing to Kingshead it is much easier to sail from the Spanish Privateering Island. However since there might be French ships lurking about you do not want to do this slowly. I suggest immediately get your ship pointed at Kingshead, use Ramming Speed for a quick start, and then Full Sail. By the time you get in the midst of normal enemy ships these skills should be recharged if you need to make a fast getaway.
- Even though it will take some time, your quota of EITC Grunts, Hired Guns, and Mercenaries can all be found in Fort Charles at Port Royal. Best place for mid level undead are in the Catacombes on Padres.

May your plunder be plentiful and your friends numerous,:thumbsup2

CAJUNWDWFAN
10-25-2008, 09:28 AM
I'll make the decision for you....

BOTH! :woohoo:

I just took a look at that website. Looks cool! When does the game launch? I couldn't find a whole lot of info about the game on that site.

They didn't say when it will launch. It's not in beta yet but I signed up for the newsletter and I guess it will be sometime next year in 2009. Oh and thanks for making that decision for me :) Can I get a loan from you ;)

Mean Queen
10-25-2008, 09:32 AM
I have to say a nice word for POtCO on these new quests. This task was the only one that was difficult for me. Even though there are ships to sink, there are not nearly as many as some of the other recent quests needed. However some of the new bosses are HARD, so be sure to have some friends with you (or do them soon when many other strangers are still doing them). By hard I mean mid 30 level bosses that would have killed me (level 38 now) pretty quickly if strangers hadn't stepped in and helped.

A couple of tips that worked for me:
- Get all the quests at 1 time and run around getting all the talking, easy parts, and easy land parts done before getting into the sailing. This way when multiple quests have you sinking ships, you can go after the ships needed to satisfy all the quests. For example a quest want you to sink any EITC, another needs lvl10+ EITC, and a third needs lvl20+ EITC - just go after the lvl20+ to satisfy all the quests.
- Since most of the talking will be on islands you can teleport to, go back and talk after you complete any task. This way you can get the next task that might be the same as other tasks you already have.
- There is one task that says sink a Spanish skeleton ship - it completed for me when I sank a regular skeleton ship (no boarding and fighting needed).
- When sailing to Kingshead it is much easier to sail from the Spanish Privateering Island. However since there might be French ships lurking about you do not want to do this slowly. I suggest immediately get your ship pointed at Kingshead, use Ramming Speed for a quick start, and then Full Sail. By the time you get in the midst of normal enemy ships these skills should be recharged if you need to make a fast getaway.
- Even though it will take some time, your quota of EITC Grunts, Hired Guns, and Mercenaries can all be found in Fort Charles at Port Royal. Best place for mid level undead are in the Catacombes on Padres.

May your plunder be plentiful and your friends numerous,:thumbsup2

Thanks for the tips! I wish I could do all of them at once, but my weapons aren't to 20 yet. I'm trying, but some of them are hard to level up. I can only throw grenades in Kingshead for so many hours before I get totally bored.

BobRichmond
10-27-2008, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the tips! I wish I could do all of them at once, but my weapons aren't to 20 yet. I'm trying, but some of them are hard to level up. I can only throw grenades in Kingshead for so many hours before I get totally bored.
Grenades do not have a level 4 or 5 weapon. In fact their are no levels to the grenade weapon at all, just different types of first level grenades.

There are 5 weapons (cutlass, pistol, voodoo doll, dagger, and voodoo staff) with the 5 levels (level 1 given after a quest, levels 2 & 3 bought after a certain weapon level attained, and level 4 & 5 given after a quest that is received after a certain weapon level is obtained).

Mean Queen
10-27-2008, 08:32 AM
Grenades do not have a level 4 or 5 weapon. In fact their are no levels to the grenade weapon at all, just different types of first level grenades.

There are 5 weapons (cutlass, pistol, voodoo doll, dagger, and voodoo staff) with the 5 levels (level 1 given after a quest, levels 2 & 3 bought after a certain weapon level attained, and level 4 & 5 given after a quest that is received after a certain weapon level is obtained).

Shows how much time I've focused on my grenade, I barely know anything about it. I did finally get my doll to 20 yesterday. And I'm trying hard to get the dagger to 15. I spend a lot of time in Tortuga with the brigand boss.

threeboysmom
10-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the tips, Out!! :hug:

I could care less about my grenade - it's level 8 :rotfl2: But I don't see the point in working it if there are no weapon unlocks for it...

Don't forget to try out the new ZOMBIE Dance! It's hysterical! Just like the Thriller Dance! Wish we had the music to go along with it :)

Press /zombie in the speech bar to perform this special dance! Enjoy! :cool1:

Cardinal
10-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Has the Halloween event started?

tinkabellspirate
10-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Has the Halloween event started?

I believe when they added new bosses that it is all part of the event, but there is more fun for all Hallows Eve as well..pirate:

BobRichmond
10-30-2008, 01:40 AM
Saw this computer and immediately thought of Pink. Wonder why!
http://i.techrepublic.com.com/gallery/67920-500-375.jpg

tinkabellspirate
10-30-2008, 06:11 PM
Saw this computer and immediately thought of Pink. Wonder why!
http://i.techrepublic.com.com/gallery/67920-500-375.jpg

Wow! brings back some wild memories..
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii303/joyousjoy444/70s-seventies.jpg

acehorseytink
11-03-2008, 10:26 AM
So, if i start playing pirates again do y'all have room in your guild for a fellow former vmk player and diser. I am somewhat out of the loop about the pirates game now since it has been about four months since i have played. I'm sure alot has changed in that time.

Rushdude
11-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Jedi let me know if you get any extra $$ for POTC. I could use some!

CAJUNWDWFAN
11-11-2008, 05:27 PM

Haha, don't we all.:thumbsup2

threeboysmom
11-11-2008, 06:03 PM

Wait.... who is this Rush person that speaks??? :confused3

KrazyPete
11-26-2008, 09:30 PM
Eat more chicken? What's up with that quest tracking light lately? :confused3

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6060/piratethankshd7.jpg

threeboysmom
11-27-2008, 08:31 AM
Eat more chicken? What's up with that quest tracking light lately? :confused3

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6060/piratethankshd7.jpg

OK, now that's funny!! :rotfl2:

Did you photoshop that? :teeth:

KrazyPete
11-27-2008, 08:46 AM
OK, now that's funny!! :rotfl2:

Did you photoshop that? :teeth:

No photoshop this time. :lmao:

threeboysmom
01-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Wow, it's been almost two months since a post has been made on this thread. Sorry!

The sad fact is, most of our guild members have already completely all their quests, including Boss. Unless Disney gets on the ball and releases new quests, there's not much left to do on Pirates anymore. :( I can only take about 10-15 minutes of leveling up, and then I'm DONE! Unless there's another Roo Rocker on to do it with.... but not many signing on anymore... for reason noted above.

Would love to hear from any of you what you've been up to. Is there any interest in getting together for a sail? Mostly to socialize, I guess. :)

Pete pointed out to me this morning that POTCO is having an event this weekend, 1/17-1/19 - Feats of Strength. I copied this from the pirate site if anyone is interested in joining up.

Interesting to note it involves a swim around Port Royal (GASP!!!!) :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Feats of Strength Contest

Fancy yourself a mighty Pirate? Then sign up here for the Feats of Strength Contest!

This event takes place January 17, 18, and 19 from 11 AM - 2 PM (Pacific Time) on Tortuga. All Pirates are invited to compete - or just cheer on a mate. To enter the contest - which includes a footrace, swim, and enemy battle - submit your in-game Pirate name, current level, and the day you prefer to compete (and a secondary choice) - we'll publish a schedule for Pirates participating on Friday, January 16.

Note: We will make every effort to accommodate your requested competition day, however due to the turnout expected for this event, participants are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.

Pete and I have both already signed up today. I believe he signed up for Saturday afternoon. I went with Monday. pirate:

Hugs, my fellow Roo Rockers! Hope all is well with each and every one of you! :hug:

DudeZeke#2
01-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Howdy all, Zeke here. Haven't seen many of you for a while. Anyone wants to sail, SVS, anythin else, let me know.

Iris
01-16-2009, 11:17 AM
I will try to sign up for one of those days.

***Too late, they closed the sign ups**** Bummer

threeboysmom
01-20-2009, 08:31 PM
I will try to sign up for one of those days.

***Too late, they closed the sign ups**** Bummer

Well, unfortunately, even though both Pete and I signed up in time, neither of us were scheduled for this event which was disappointing. Apparently, they had more people sign up than they could fit... I heard it was pretty chaotic and laggy anyways...

I just miss my pirate game. Need some new event or quest to kick start things again. pirate:

What are you up to lately, Cruise? :hug:

Does anyone have any ideas to get us together again? I'm game for anything :teeth:

KrazyPete
01-20-2009, 09:43 PM
I signed up and didn't make the cut. I did go to watch it anyway. There were a lot of no-shows. When I say "a lot" I mean 90% of the people did make the cut didn't bother to show up for their time. So the GM Ben gave those of us standing around a chance to fill in.

So I did get to run the course one time. I came in a close fourth. The prize was to have GM Rose whisper something in your ear. Hate that I missed that. :sad:

threeboysmom
01-20-2009, 09:50 PM
The prize was to have GM Rose whisper something in your ear. Hate that I missed that. :sad:

I bet Matty will whisper in your ear for free :teeth:

Iris
01-21-2009, 09:31 AM
I bet Matty will whisper in your ear for free :teeth:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Iris
01-21-2009, 09:33 AM
Does anyone have any ideas to get us together again? I'm game for anything :teeth:

I say Pete creates our own online game.....

KrazyPete
01-21-2009, 09:45 AM
I say Pete creates our own online game.....

Pete who?

Surely you don't want the guy who can't get your profile on our web site to work right trying to design an online game? :scared1:

tinkabellspirate
01-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Are there any pirates up for some ship battles? we could go vmk style and find a quiet server perhaps just ships against ships or how ever.pirate: pixiedust:

Iris
01-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Pete who?

Surely you don't want the guy who can't get your profile on our web site to work right trying to design an online game? :scared1:

Details, details..........yes I mean the one in the same!:thumbsup2

threeboysmom
01-22-2009, 06:53 AM
Are there any pirates up for some ship battles? we could go vmk style and find a quiet server perhaps just ships against ships or how ever.pirate: pixiedust:

I am all over that if anyone is interested. I haven't ship battled in quite some time, but I imagine with most people done with those quests that the waters over there are fairly quiet.

Do we have enough interest to crew two ships for some "not-so-friendly" battle?

What night works best for most people?

KrazyPete
01-22-2009, 09:24 AM

Count me in! pirate:

tinkabellspirate
01-22-2009, 10:19 AM
There seems to be a new event posted on pirates home page for this weekend and its all about crews and or guilds. :thumbsup2

Making Friends for a Purpose

The Marceline Guild recently uncovered a plot devised by the EITC to change the Caribbean forever ... It's more important than ever that Pirates stand together and work together to protect our way of life! Are you in a Crew? Have you joined a Guild?

Join Captain Walter and his Crew on the docks of Port Royal this Friday, January 23 between 7 - 9 PM Pacific Time in the Barano Ocean. You will have the opportunity to learn more about Crewing and the opportunity to Crew with the GMs! You'll set out to sea with members of the Marceline Guild and help them sink EITC ships (to thwart their evil plans)! Meanwhile, obtain Crew Bonus to increase your Notoriety, boost your Cannon Skills, and earn major loot from the plunder obtained by sinking treasure-filled EITC ships. See you on the docks mate!

threeboysmom
01-22-2009, 03:40 PM
There seems to be a new event posted on pirates home page for this weekend and its all about crews and or guilds. :thumbsup2

Making Friends for a Purpose

The Marceline Guild recently uncovered a plot devised by the EITC to change the Caribbean forever ... It's more important than ever that Pirates stand together and work together to protect our way of life! Are you in a Crew? Have you joined a Guild?

Join Captain Walter and his Crew on the docks of Port Royal this Friday, January 23 between 7 - 9 PM Pacific Time in the Barano Ocean. You will have the opportunity to learn more about Crewing and the opportunity to Crew with the GMs! You'll set out to sea with members of the Marceline Guild and help them sink EITC ships (to thwart their evil plans)! Meanwhile, obtain Crew Bonus to increase your Notoriety, boost your Cannon Skills, and earn major loot from the plunder obtained by sinking treasure-filled EITC ships. See you on the docks mate!

Thanks for posting, Themgrind. I just read through it quickly. Sounds like it's another "meet the GM" type of event; although this time we get to sail with them.

threeboysmom
01-22-2009, 03:43 PM
Count me in! pirate:

You KNOW I've been waiting for the chance to take a shot at you since ship battle was first introduced! ;)

How about guys versus girls? You, Themgrind, Jedi, and Matty against me, Jewel, Jeannie, and Cruise?

If everyone is interested, that is...

tinkabellspirate
01-23-2009, 10:09 AM
You KNOW I've been waiting for the chance to take a shot at you since ship battle was first introduced! ;)

How about guys versus girls? You, Themgrind, Jedi, and Matty against me, Jewel, Jeannie, and Cruise?

If everyone is interested, that is...

Sounds like a challenge! guys, are we ok with sinking the ladies?:rotfl2:

KrazyPete
01-23-2009, 12:31 PM
You KNOW I've been waiting for the chance to take a shot at you afraid that I might get shot at by you since ship battle was first introduced! :scared1:

Edited for accuracy... :thumbsup2

Bring it on you all you girly girls! pirate:

Iris
01-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Edited for accuracy... :thumbsup2

Bring it on you all you girly girls! pirate:

Too funny!

Count me in if possible. Where and when. And--I still have a bunch of quests I need to complete so this will work for me:thumbsup2

KrazyPete
01-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Join Captain Walter and his Crew on the docks of Port Royal this Friday, January 23 between 7 - 9 PM Pacific Time in the Barano Ocean.

Wait... EVERYONE join one GM in the same place, at the same time and on the same server? Right! :rotfl2:

tinkabellspirate
01-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Wait... EVERYONE join one GM in the same place, at the same time and on the same server? Right! :rotfl2:

Now that was just like a host meet from vmk! ::crowded:

threeboysmom
01-24-2009, 01:04 PM

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: I'm laughing even more because you attempted to join in even knowing that :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

OK, what night of the week is best for everybody? Would a Tuesday evening work? Say around 8:00 p.m. EST?

Matty D
01-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Tuesdays work for me. :thumbsup2

threeboysmom
01-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Sounds like a challenge! guys, are we ok with sinking the ladies?:rotfl2:

OK, so guys pirate: against girls princess: it is!

However...... if you guys somehow manage to sink us first, we're switching up teams! princess:

If we sink you first.........well......... All I can say is...... game on ;) :woohoo:

tinkabellspirate
01-24-2009, 05:19 PM
Tuesdays work for me. :thumbsup2

good here also! sure would like to see more pirates jump in also. even tho most have fled to the darkside:happytv:

BobRichmond
01-25-2009, 11:20 AM
This was about the least thought out official event that POTCO has had. Not only was the one ocean they were on consisitently full, but the one war frigate they were sailing only held 11 members (Xavier and Walter were on the same ship). From what I heard Xavier sailed while Walter talked.

I got on POTCO about a half hour after the event started on Friday night. It only took me about a half hour trying to be able to get on the ocean. When I got to the docks they were both crowded (at least 100 at big dock and about 25 at small dock) just waiting for the ship to return. I waited around through 4 sailings and never got picked, so decided to sail my ship along with theirs. They went after EITC, but sunk most anything in sight before they got to the Sea Vipers (:sad2: ). They did take down a few Navy Kingfisher flags and succeeded in capturing them all. In the 3 times I sailed my ship with theirs the toughest thing they ever took on solo were the Kingfishers and 1 Maurander with 2 other ships help.

After about an hour of trying to get some hints of upcoming events or changes I logged off with no new info. I only resubscribed to Pirates for a half year when my initial subscription ran out and unless they make some major changes soon it may be my last time.

BobRichmond
01-25-2009, 11:28 AM
...OK, what night of the week is best for everybody? Would a Tuesday evening work? Say around 8:00 p.m. EST?
If you don't mind a non-roo joining in Tuesday at 8pm ET would work for me as well. I could sail on either ship to balance the sides (sorry guys, but being with a bunch of wenches appeals to me).

I also could help anybody with any quests they still have open. I especially like sailing if that happens to be a quest that needs completing.

KrazyPete
01-25-2009, 02:10 PM
Tuesdays are cool with me too.

jeaniegirl
01-25-2009, 02:22 PM
Sounds like a blast, I can't wait to have some fun again:cool1:

jeaniegirl
01-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Ok so the girls will totally sink the guys...although there are a few of ya that are too full of hot air to sink:rotfl2:

threeboysmom
01-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Ok so the girls will totally sink the guys...although there are a few of ya that are too full of hot air to sink:rotfl2:

:rotfl2:

Yeah.... I can name two of 'em right off the bat :rolleyes1

jeaniegirl
01-26-2009, 07:38 AM
Hmmm... I wonder if they're the same 2 I'm thinking ofpirate: :rotfl2:

tinkabellspirate
01-26-2009, 07:57 AM
If you don't mind a non-roo joining in Tuesday at 8pm ET would work for me as well. I could sail on either ship to balance the sides (sorry guys, but being with a bunch of wenches appeals to me).

I also could help anybody with any quests they still have open. I especially like sailing if that happens to be a quest that needs completing.

I think if any dis'er can attend they will be welcome to join in the fun! just bring a dry towel:laundy: :lmao:

Iris
01-26-2009, 08:06 AM
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: I'm laughing even more because you attempted to join in even knowing that :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

OK, what night of the week is best for everybody? Would a Tuesday evening work? Say around 8:00 p.m. EST?

Arg, I am in Indianapolis right now and won't return until Wednesday. Sorry to miss out, bummer. I miss you guys.

Matty D
01-26-2009, 02:45 PM
Don't forget the life vests ladies, you're gonna be spending a considerable amount of time in the water!! pirate:

threeboysmom
01-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Arg, I am in Indianapolis right now and won't return until Wednesday. Sorry to miss out, bummer. I miss you guys.

Wait, Cruise! I haven't picked a Tuesday yet....

I'm thinking of NEXT Tuesday, February 3, at 8 pm EST.

Will that work for everyone?

threeboysmom
01-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Don't forget the life vests ladies, you're gonna be spending a considerable amount of time in the water!! pirate:

But you'll jump in and save me, right? ;)

jeaniegirl
01-26-2009, 05:13 PM

I guess I'll be wearing my bikini just in case you guys can't swim.Thank good ness I was a lifeguard at Typhoon Lagoonpirate:

tigressjewel
01-26-2009, 06:04 PM
~peeks in from the "darkside"~ :darth:

Oh yeah... I'm in, anytime! ::yes::

threeboysmom
01-27-2009, 06:44 AM
Want to repeat the date.... it's Tuesday, February 3, at 8 pm EST.

Is this okay with everyone?

As of now, we have:

Guys: Matty, Pete, Themgrind, and Out

Girls: Cruise, Jewel, Jeannie, and Pink

Jewel has reverted back to Basic. Does anyone know if she'll lose her cannon skills? If so, we need to penalize you boys ;)

threeboysmom
01-27-2009, 06:48 AM
I guess I'll be wearing my bikini

Haha, good strategy! ;)

Jeannie distracts.... I shoot!

BobRichmond
01-27-2009, 01:09 PM
...Want to repeat the date.... it's Tuesday, February 3, at 8 pm EST...Is this okay with everyone?...

...Jewel has reverted back to Basic. Does anyone know if she'll lose her cannon skills?...
Works for me and is now on my calendar.:thumbsup2

Jewel should have some basic cannon skills. Think all the skills you get up till level 10 cannon. Maybe the boys can only click with 1 hand as a handicap.:rolleyes:

Matty D
01-27-2009, 04:54 PM
But you'll jump in and save me, right? ;)

You'd just better hope the Kraken doesn't get you. :sail:

threeboysmom
01-27-2009, 07:30 PM
You'd just better hope the Kraken doesn't get you. :sail:

You couldn't stand a life without drama! ;) princess:

Iris
01-28-2009, 11:10 AM
I am in....

Somebody send me a reminder

tinkabellspirate
01-29-2009, 08:29 AM
I am in....

Somebody send me a reminder

Ok dont forget your life jacket!:rotfl:

btw I know there may be alot more reverted back to basic, please join in.. and the new updates are here also, new port royal and alot more features. basic is also different In some way.

threeboysmom
02-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Cruise, this is your reminder ;) and to all those who may have forgotten (I know I did! The light bulb just went off in my head this morning! I had totally forgotten about this :upsidedow )

Everyone still in???

It's TONIGHT at 8 pm EST. I will try to find us a quiet server. I think I have everyone on my friend's list, so no need to post the server here. Just come find me.

Girls will be French ;)

Guys will be Spanish ;) ;)

Voyez-toi tout aux docks ce soir ! Bonne chance !

tigressjewel
02-03-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm still in! ~insert fancy french words here~ pirate:

Iris
02-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Cruise, this is your reminder ;) and to all those who may have forgotten (I know I did! The light bulb just went off in my head this morning! I had totally forgotten about this :upsidedow )

Everyone still in???

It's TONIGHT at 8 pm EST. I will try to find us a quiet server. I think I have everyone on my friend's list, so no need to post the server here. Just come find me.

Girls will be French ;)

Yes and Jamminjoey may join us. All their classes were cancelled due to weather!

Iris
02-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Girls will be French ;)

Too bad we aren't Spanish, I could have used some choice words while in battle, hehehe......

Cardinal
02-03-2009, 07:46 PM

Everyone still in???

Girls will be French ;)

Tu as fait une erreur! On dit "Voyez-vous" quand on parle avec plus de personnes.

;)

jeaniegirl
02-04-2009, 06:15 AM
OMG I totally forgot.I am sooo sorry guildies. Please forgive me:worship: :sad:

threeboysmom
02-04-2009, 06:56 AM
Tu as fait une erreur! On dit "Voyez-vous" quand on parle avec plus de personnes.

;)

Are you female, Card? ;)

OMG I totally forgot.I am sooo sorry guildies. Please forgive me:worship: :sad:

We forgive you... but we sunk because of you, LOL! princess:

jeaniegirl
02-04-2009, 10:22 AM
i even bought a new bikini for this occasion.Guess I'll have to be distracting another day:rotfl2:

KrazyPete
02-04-2009, 11:22 AM

;)

Blame it on the Google translation app. ;)

tinkabellspirate
02-04-2009, 03:46 PM
It was good sailing with such a fine crew and up against such motley a crew as well. the last bounty was well worth the troubles we had just to set sail. too bad we could not get more than 2 ships of dis'ers in the bay. thanks roos!

Iris
02-05-2009, 07:37 AM
It was good sailing with such a fine crew and up against such motley a crew as well. the last bounty was well worth the troubles we had just to set sail. too bad we could not get more than 2 ships of dis'ers in the bay. thanks roos!

It should would have helped if I could have actually seen the cannons. That was some weird stuff going on for me.

jeaniegirl
02-05-2009, 09:08 AM
It should would have helped if I could have actually seen the cannons. That was some weird stuff going on for me.

Ok, thank you!!!! I thought I was losing my mind.1st my dagger wasn't working,then I didn't have cannons on my frigate. I still can't see the characters talking but I am able to use my dagger now.:confused3

Iris
02-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Ok, thank you!!!! I thought I was losing my mind.1st my dagger wasn't working,then I didn't have cannons on my frigate. I still can't see the characters talking but I am able to use my dagger now.:confused3

With the new updates I don't see half of what I should see. I do believe they are working on some of that now. Funny, I see everything on the Test Server.

I was able to shoot with the cannons, I just couldn't actually see where they were, I had to run into to them and see that "Press Shift to Shoot" in order to use them.

I also ended up in the water the first time we sank, then I tried to go back to the island and I ended up underground.

tigressjewel
02-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Woot! It was such great fun to get together again. I hope we can do something else again soon. I was very amused that the spanish boys needed two ships to take us down though. :rotfl2:

On a side note, I posted an FYI on our site about my son's pirate (Johnny Daggerskull). When y'all get a chance, take a peek. pirate:

KrazyPete
02-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Woot! It was such great fun to get together again. I hope we can do something else again soon. I was very amused that the spanish boys needed two ships to take us down though. :rotfl2:

Ahem! At the time you girls were too scared to sail more than a few yards away from your island. Even if we did sink you a quick death would be waiting for us when you respawned. Out sailing his sloop was pure genius. I was laughing so hard when you were all like, "oh no, another Spanish ship!" :rotfl:

Boys rule pirate:

threeboysmom
02-07-2009, 02:17 PM
I was very amused that the spanish boys needed two ships to take us down though.

Boys rule pirate:

Ahem! Boys CHEAT! :rolleyes2

KrazyPete
02-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Hey, if you're not checking on pirates you may not be aware that there is a valentine's day quest out with some clothes as the reward.

Also, if you're unlimited you can apply for test server access. :cool1:

tinkabellspirate
02-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Hey, if you're not checking on pirates you may not be aware that there is a valentine's day quest out with some clothes as the reward.

Also, if you're unlimited you can apply for test server access. :cool1:

Thanks for the heads up! now just need to figure out how to make time to play all these accounts....:headache:

KrazyPete
02-13-2009, 10:27 PM
I got my test server invite today. I haven't been on yet. It looks like I have to make separate pirates for the test server, I can't play the same pirates that I've been using on the regular server. Is that right?

Iris
02-15-2009, 10:26 AM
I got my test server invite today. I haven't been on yet. It looks like I have to make separate pirates for the test server, I can't play the same pirates that I've been using on the regular server. Is that right?

That is correct, you need to start a new pirate. I am crazy cruise on the Test Server :)

Wow, I was just on the test server now, I must say I have never seen this many people on it at one time. Nice to finally see more people there.

DudeZeke#2
02-15-2009, 12:20 PM
That is correct, you need to start a new pirate. I am crazy cruise on the Test Server :)

Wow, I was just on the test server now, I must say I have never seen this many people on it at one time. Nice to finally see more people there.

I'll say. Now I have people to actually test with...

rickyratsmom
02-15-2009, 11:52 PM
Does anyone else hate the new Port Royal?? I am Lvl 40 pirate master and am totallly lost!! Thanks Disney for totally messing up yet another game!! Arg, sigh, I so miss my VMK...

KrazyPete
02-16-2009, 06:51 AM
Does anyone else hate the new Port Royal?? I am Lvl 40 pirate master and am totallly lost!! Thanks Disney for totally messing up yet another game!! Arg, sigh, I so miss my VMK...

Actually I kind of like it. It will take some getting used to but I think layout is much more interesting.

Give it some time. :hug:

Iris
02-16-2009, 11:12 AM

I like it! I hated it at first because I was so lost and twisted around with everything. But now that I have had a chance to get familiar with it, I do think it is better than it was before. For me it just took some getting used to.

tinkabellspirate
02-16-2009, 12:02 PM

There seems to be more to the story than just a new port royal, this is from..- Captain Walter

The explosion which leveled Port Royal not only changed the town but set into motion events that would change the Caribbean forever. Many Pirates, merchants and townsfolk were suspicious of the official explanation Lord Beckett provided and wanted a thorough investigation. As his laughter echoed across the ocean, Lord Beckett refused - which left everyone in the islands wondering what the EITC were trying so hard to hide ...

Iris
02-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Heads Up! Redesigned Tortuga on the Test Server. I am lost all over again.

I do like that it does tell us now where the closest target is for a quest, pretty cool.

DudeZeke#2
02-21-2009, 07:29 AM
Aye, new tortuga is pretty awesome.

I hate Dust
03-10-2009, 01:10 PM
awesome is not the word! I absolutely love it.

MountNittany
03-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Whoa, what happened to Port Royal?

CAJUNWDWFAN
04-02-2009, 04:01 PM
I was just looking at the Disney Movie Rewards website prizes. For 325 points you can get 1 month unlimited access to POTC. Just wanted to give you guys that have a lot of points left over from VMK.

MountNittany
04-04-2009, 07:20 PM
I was just looking at the Disney Movie Rewards website prizes. For 325 points you can get 1 month unlimited access to POTC. Just wanted to give you guys that have a lot of points left over from VMK.

IT DOES NOT WORK IF YOU WERE ALREADY A MEMBER!

I accidentally ordered a code, and tried to enter it, but it would not let me. Even if your only membership was with the VMK code, you still can't use the DMR code.

tinkabellspirate
04-05-2009, 07:02 PM
IT DOES NOT WORK IF YOU WERE ALREADY A MEMBER!

I accidentally ordered a code, and tried to enter it, but it would not let me. Even if your only membership was with the VMK code, you still can't use the DMR code.

(I accidentally ordered a code)??
Yes its only good for new accounts, makes alot of sense huh. oh thats right this is the movie rewards that stole all our points for worthless dancing infernos:sick:

CAJUNWDWFAN
04-06-2009, 10:55 AM
that sucks!

threeboysmom
04-20-2009, 08:04 AM
Jedi, you really need to fork over the money... just sayin'... :)

It's double rep points again this weekend! (4/24-26) If you haven't maxed out everything, now's the time!

I plan on taking advantage of this and playing as much as I can over the weekend. Have worked myself up to Level 39! Would LOVE for my guildies to join me! Anyone up for a meet? I can be pretty flexible... pirate:

CAJUNWDWFAN
04-20-2009, 09:19 AM
Jedi, you really need to fork over the money... just sayin'... :)

It's double rep points again this weekend! (4/24-26) If you haven't maxed out everything, now's the time!

I plan on taking advantage of this and playing as much as I can over the weekend. Have worked myself up to Level 39! Would LOVE for my guildies to join me! Anyone up for a meet? I can be pretty flexible... pirate:

I don't think I'll have any time to play this weekend... I'm getting married :) lol

Iris
04-20-2009, 09:40 AM
I don't think I'll have any time to play this weekend... I'm getting married :) lol

OMG Jedi! You must be getting really excited by now. Hope you have a great wedding and honeymoon.

CAJUNWDWFAN
04-20-2009, 11:04 AM
OMG Jedi! You must be getting really excited by now. Hope you have a great wedding and honeymoon.

Thank you so much Cruise! Yes the wedding is this Friday evening 7pm and we leave bright and early Sunday morning for Disney World. :)

BobRichmond
04-20-2009, 02:25 PM
...It's double rep points again this weekend! (4/24-26) If you haven't maxed out everything, now's the time!...I plan on taking advantage of this and playing as much as I can over the weekend...Would LOVE for my guildies to join me! Anyone up for a meet? I can be pretty flexible...
Well since I am now retired and no longer have to work weekends:thumbsup2, I plan to try and finally get to level 40. Maybe max out a few more weapon skills also. Will be looking for you and other friends whenever I am on.

threeboysmom
04-22-2009, 08:19 AM
Will look for you, Out! I'm 39-1/2 so almost there! (Geesh, wish I could say that as my age! LOL!)

threeboysmom
04-25-2009, 07:45 AM
Sure, Out..... ditch me for another friend.... and then tease me with brownies no less! ;)

Hey! I made it! I'm a pirate master now! A year later... almost to the day... who would have thunk? pirate:

So good to see Petez and CRUISE on yesterday!! But I miss Matty... :sad:

Iris
04-25-2009, 08:28 AM
I am having issues logging in. I played fine yesterday afternoon but since then I can't log in. It keeps on saying I am putting a bad password. I check over at the POTC fan forum and several are experiencing this issue this morning. So much for repping up.

DudeZeke#2
04-25-2009, 01:22 PM
You should be fine now. I logged in about a half an hour ago after experiencing the same issue.

Cheers y'all

BobRichmond
04-26-2009, 09:42 AM
Sure, Out..... ditch me for another friend.... and then tease me with brownies no less! ;)...
Well you were in jail! I thought you knew about the brownie stash that the SavvyPirates guild keeps in each jail cell. When we used to spend a lot of time there it was a good way to get up, kick the door down, and get back questing after falling in the cell.

I did finally master sailing, picked up a level on voodoo doll and staff, and about 1/2 level notariety yesterday. Why did they have to do this on a weekend we had a movie planned, a lunch at WDW planned, AND the Guild Wars birthday event was happening (luckily that goes to Wednesday)?

threeboysmom
04-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Well you were in jail!

Sssssshhh! You don't have to broadcast it! ;)

At least now that I know there are brownies in there, it's not such a bad place to be after all...

I should max my cannon and my pistol tonight (if I can stay awake). All that will be left is one more level on dagger. (well, except for stinking grenades, but I don't want to talk about that...)

DisneyFairytale
05-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Ok, so I am trying to figure this site out...where did you guys find those Disney games? I'm lost :headache:

KrazyPete
05-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Ok, so I am trying to figure this site out...where did you guys find those Disney games? I'm lost :headache:

PiratesOnline.com (http://piratesonline.com) pirate:

KrazyPete
09-30-2009, 10:11 AM
Are any of you "Rocking Our Roos" guild members still playing?

I let my membership expire when they blocked family accounts from playing together at the same time. I'm wondering if there's anything going on that's really worth renewing the membership for.

Also, are any of you using the Roos website. It's not expensive to keep it up but if no one is using it I'll probably let the domain expire.

So Roos, where ya at? pirate:

jeaniegirl
09-30-2009, 10:20 AM
:cool1:i logged on the other day but since I let my membership expire as well, I can't get to most of my weapons or any of my ships. I see you can top at at 50 instead of 40 and most of the weapons have increased as well.They are supposed to release the Kraken soon too and there are a few new bosses.I will wait to see if they do release the Kraken before I pay to play again.I haven't used the Roo site in a while :( Anyways I guess with the economy sucking like it does I just can't justify paying for it right now.Hope to see you all soon:cool1:

Matty D
09-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Hi ya'll, I haven't played at all since they did away with the linked accounts. Not that I was playing much before then, as I was maxed out on everything. I really don't anticipate starting up again anytime soon. I've been spending some time in SmallWorlds lately, in light of the Elf Island fiasco. Thankfully, Matty flexes mightily wherever he might be. Hope ya'll are doing well.

Iris
10-01-2009, 10:35 AM
I had a free month recently and got back on to play and yes, you can level up even more now. I won't get a new subscription until they open a new story line!!

Matty - I miss you :(

What is the Elf Island fiasco you speak of? Have I missed something?

Matty D
10-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Miss you too, Cruisey. A complete fiasco, you can get the gist of it here (http://www.elfislandfansite.com/). Not to mention that they let go of a certain staff member, who is very dear to all of us. It was definitely the straw that broke the camel's back for me. So a good number of familiar DISers have been hanging out in SmallWorlds lately.

Achilles
10-03-2009, 01:05 AM
Greetings KrazyPete, Jeaniegirl, MattyD and Iris,..
Since I had not seen any of the recent facts of the game offered as of yet to your questions...
if you'll allow me,.. I’ll gladly give you all a update.

The advances have been a long time coming and certainly worth the wait.

It appears the Kraken will not be landing in our ocean very soon, perhaps by the first of the coming 2010 year, but instead, it appears attention and focus has been redirected to new advances in the game. Advances that will allow multi interaction on several levels and advanced story lines that are a few instead of one. (referring to the Kraken)

The new game advances have landed on the Test Servers and has shown the Disney has the capability to pioneer in MMO's.
The have delivered (with some wrinkles to iron out) the first 3D (which is optional) MMO in Pirates Online.
The build up has been as a "Coming War" in the Caribbean.
The day it landed (on Test Servers) was truly amazing...

The Event initiates as a declaration that looks like this...
http://disneypotco.com/images/jollyattack.jpg
The event does a countdown also at 10 minutes and then 5 and then 1 minute...
then,...the Ship appeared like the flying Dutchman off the harbor at Port Royal.
A massive Phantom ship and the words of Jolly Roger himself bellowing out like the voice of God.
The event begins with several wave attacks of undead in an attempt to destroy the barricades that block the path to destroy the Governors Mansion. It has options of victory or defeat. Pirates must work together and utilize the newly implemented revive system that is all too necessary to bring your fellow Pirate back to life on the spot in attempts to overcome Jolly's minions of evil doers. At the end,.. jolly roger himself lands to complete what his army could not finish if they are defeated… and he is one powerful foe,.. We had a 20 or more on him and he still managed to overtake us…. On another occasion, we took him down… one bad dude for sure!
There are so many details of this new feature... it will not be a holiday event but a interactive part of the game.

Sensational, unprecedented and genius is all I can say about the ability to, at your choice, play the game in 3D mode. It was simply fantastic.

As also stated,.. the Notoriety cap is raised to 50 along with weapons skills to 30.

GM Captain Walter of the Online Staff "Marceline Guild" was overheard saying this.....
"the War is coming and will be fierce, (as he has openly said before) and the Caribbean ,
I fear will be a vey haunting place this coming Month of October!"

There is so much that has landed and so much more coming.
This bring life to the game like I have never experienced.

Very cool stuff... so glad it is here... my Family and I are having a blast playing...
Yes, I too have incurred the cost of paying for 3 accounts,.. but it is a whole months worth of family
enjoyment and I could easily burn that up at one outing to the movie theatre. (and then some)

Fun stuff... a magical adventure....

threeboysmom
10-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Matty and Cruise...... cry cry cry :sad1:

I miss you guys terribly...

bevgray
10-14-2009, 11:33 AM
Hi pirate clan. I know I went missing in action but have had a miserable time of it this past year health wise. Not out of the woods but am finally following advice and trying a new doctor. I'm afraid I bailed pirates and started playing Wizard 101 and World of Warcraft (always wondered where my beloved computer RPGs went - online, that's where).

Hope things are well with all of you. I miss our scurvy guild too.

Iris
10-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Matty and Cruise...... cry cry cry :sad1:

I miss you guys terribly...

I miss you too ye big stinker....

How was your trip to WDW? Our week (right after yours) was incredibly HOT and DH did not really like the heat. We did a LOT of water park days since our tickets had 5 days worth included.

Dining was pretty cool but a heck of a lot of food:thumbsup2

When is your next trip? I am already thinking early winter in 2010 although I know we have to go back in August to take Stephanie down for career start. Looks like 2010 might have several WDW trips:)

Iris
10-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Hi pirate clan. I know I went missing in action but have had a miserable time of it this past year health wise. Not out of the woods but am finally following advice and trying a new doctor. I'm afraid I bailed pirates and started playing Wizard 101 and World of Warcraft (always wondered where my beloved computer RPGs went - online, that's where).

Hope things are well with all of you. I miss our scurvy guild too.

Girlie!!! Glad you are doing ok, hope all is well. We must exchange digits, I have been in Indy several times since August!!!

threeboysmom
10-17-2009, 08:35 AM
I miss you too ye big stinker....

How was your trip to WDW? Our week (right after yours) was incredibly HOT and DH did not really like the heat. We did a LOT of water park days since our tickets had 5 days worth included.

Dining was pretty cool but a heck of a lot of food:thumbsup2

When is your next trip? I am already thinking early winter in 2010 although I know we have to go back in August to take Stephanie down for career start. Looks like 2010 might have several WDW trips:)

Hiya!! :hug:

We had a FANTASTIC time! So wish we could have met up at least for a day. My mom and sister were there also. Yes, it was HOT, but remember... I love the heat so I was good. We spent most afternoons back at the pool anyways.

Dining... YUM! Absolutely LOVE that dining plan, especially when free. I ate and ate and ate. Only gained 4 lbs. though. I was shocked. Thought I had put much more on.

Early winter sounds perfect for another trip. Do you know where you're staying?

Life has thrown a signficant curveball at me. I doubt I'll be back to WDW for a loooooooooooooong time :sad: Just holding onto hope that *someday* I'll be back! :wizard:

Tell the girls I said hi. Take care!

tinkabellspirate
12-02-2009, 06:47 AM
Ohh Roos !! where are you.... Its been quiet in the Caribbean without all those Roos running about, but has not stopped Jolly Rogers invasions on Port Royal and now rumors they will invade Tortuga soon also. Now to our dismay we got some rather different game host? did i say ghost?:confused3

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh3/themgrind/screenshot_2009-11-19_19-24-53.jpg

KrazyPete
05-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Hi gang!

The RockingOurRoos.com domain name expires on the 18th. If anyone wants it let me know. I can renew it, you can PayPal the fee to me and then I'll transfer it to your registrar.

Guild members have dibs. If there's no interest, I'll let it expire.

CAJUNWDWFAN
05-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Hi gang!

The RockingOurRoos.com domain name expires on the 18th. If anyone wants it let me know. I can renew it, you can PayPal the fee to me and then I'll transfer it to your registrar.

It was kind of fun while I had free access but now I don't have the time to play. thanks for the fun. I'm waiting for Star Wars Old Republic to open.

Iris
05-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi gang!

Sorry to see it go but all good things..............

I have been back playing since the most recent updates and changes, but since none of the Roos were ever on, I have changed guilds to Babes of the Sea! (Jam is also in it so at least she is on).

I must say with the changes it has been pretty fun. I am loving the invasions - was just in one and got knocked down several times but we still won! There are some navy fleet invasions which I haven't had a chance to be in yet, but at least I know they are there. While there is still no new story line, the updates have made it fun enough to get back in.

Matty D
05-19-2010, 03:55 PM
I have changed guilds to Babes of the Sea!

And here I thought I was the Babe of the Sea....:banana:

Iris
05-21-2010, 10:24 AM
And here I thought I was the Babe of the Sea....:banana:

Miss you boy!!!

Matty D
05-27-2010, 04:10 PM
Miss you boy!!!

Miss you too, Cruisey.

KrazyPete
07-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Are any of my pirate buddies going to be around for the free unlimited access event this weekend?

MountNittany
07-28-2010, 03:26 PM
Sounds like I missed it...

Iris
07-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Are any of my pirate buddies going to be around for the free unlimited access event this weekend?

I was on...but I never saw you log on. I just recently reconnected with Jeanne Fireskull from the roos, she is under a different and also ran into JustBelieving from VMK. We had a round of Cannon Defense together and it was pretty fun.

KrazyPete
08-02-2010, 11:14 AM
I logged in once over the weekend. I did run into Themgrind. It looks like there's a lot of new stuff but I just didn't have time to explore it.

You still can't play at the same time with the other people on your account can you?

Iris
08-03-2010, 09:46 AM
No they removed the ability to link accounts and have two people logged in from seperate computers from the same account.

We ended up moving my pirate over to my account since it was originally on my daughter's account so that we could log on together.

I am currently unlimited right now but most likely go back to basic in a few more weeks. I have enjoyed the recent updates quite a bit and I am oddly addicted to the cannon defense game. I guess I like the shooting as it reminds me of the pirate game in vmk.

CAJUNWDWFAN
08-04-2010, 10:25 AM
No they removed the ability to link accounts and have two people logged in from seperate computers from the same account.

We ended up moving my pirate over to my account since it was originally on my daughter's account so that we could log on together.

I am currently unlimited right now but most likely go back to basic in a few more weeks. I have enjoyed the recent updates quite a bit and I am oddly addicted to the cannon defense game. I guess I like the shooting as it reminds me of the pirate game in vmk.

Wow you still play, i just never really got in to it enough to pay.

I do miss playing with you all though.