PDA

View Full Version : AKV - Kidani Village Units Declared*UPDATED 1/26 - Post#130*

TSMIII
04-07-2008, 09:58 PM
For any who are interested, here is an update on what has been declared so far for AKV Kidani Village (diagrams follow):

Kidani Village villas -

Dedicated 2BR

Total 140
Declared 19 (14 SV / 5 STD)
Remaining 121

2BR Lockoff

Total 168
Declared 23 (13 SV / 10 STD)
Remaining 145

Grand Villa

Total 16
Declared 0
Remaining 16

Total Units 324 (492 Maximum if all 2BR Lockoffs were split into 1BRs & Studios)
Declared 42
Remaining 282

Declared 3/20/08
Unit 64A Two 2BR Lockoffs - SV
Unit 64B Two 2BR Lockoffs - STD
Unit 64C Dedicated 2BR - SV
Unit 64D 2BR Lockoff - STD

Declared 4/4/08
Unit 65A Dedicated 2BR - SV
Unit 65B 2BR Lockoff - STD
Unit 65C Dedicated 2BR - SV; 2BR Lockoff SV
Unit 65D 2BR Lockoff - STD

Unit 66A Two 2BR Lockoffs - SV
Unit 66B 2 BR Lockoff - STD

Unit 67A Dedicated 2BR - SV
Unit 67B Dedicated 2BR - STD
Unit 67C 2BR Lockoff - SV
Unit 67D 2BR Lockoff - STD
Unit 67E Dedicated 2BR - SV
Unit 67F Dedicated 2BR - STD

Office Space adjacent to Unit 65D (Standard View)
Community Hall adjacent to Unit 66A (Savanna View)
Arcade, Laundry and Sales Offices adjacent to Unit 66B (Standard View)

All of the above are 2nd floor villas.

Here are the diagrams of the units declared so far. Units 65 & 66 include common areas.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/sdavey41/Kidani64.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/sdavey41/Kidani65.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/sdavey41/Kidani66.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/sdavey41/Kidani67.jpg

This diagram is the side elevation for what is described as a "Typical Ground Floor Inside Unit thru Fifth Floor Unit". These look to be the Savanna view villas of each segment of Kidani Village. The upper left villa on each of these segments appears to be the Grand Villa - note that the diagram depicts two stories of glass windows overlooking the Savanna!!:goodvibes

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/sdavey41/Kidanielevation.jpg

As units are declared, maybe we can update this in order to get the breakdown of how many Standard and Savanna view villas there will be at Kidani.

ZekeKelso
04-08-2008, 06:19 AM
Very cool - thanks for posting.

jbrowna
04-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Thanks for all your work on this! :worship:

I understand they keep saying May of 2009 for the opening -- is that still for just Phase I of Kidani? Or -- given the speed of construction -- are they going to open it all up in one phase? Or, as rumor has it, might they open some units in late 2008?

Either way, it's exciting to see it happening, and I appreciate the work it takes to gather this information. Between you and LisaS, they can't hiccup at AKV without it being noted on the DISBoards! :thumbsup2

GGOOFY1
04-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks for all the work :thumbsup2

LisaS
04-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Thanks for doing this!! :worship: What a great idea to include the floor plans too!

Claire L
04-09-2008, 04:48 AM
Looking good, but would these unit just be one floor?

Claire ;)

TSMIII
04-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Looking good, but would these unit just be one floor?

Claire ;)

Yes, one floor only -the second floor in all of these. Each of these phases still have the 3rd, 4th & 5th floors to be declared (my understanding is that none of the 1st floors will contain villas).

DVC Mike
04-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Yes, one floor only -the second floor in all of these. Each of these phases still have the 3rd, 4th & 5th floors to be declared (my understanding is that none of the 1st floors will contain villas).

You need to update your map to show the additional units declared yesterday.

kenman
04-11-2008, 11:23 AM
What units were declared on the 10?
THANKS!

stopher1
04-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Very cool - thanks!

TSMIII
04-11-2008, 12:17 PM
You need to update your map to show the additional units declared yesterday.

Mike - the documents posted yesterday appear to be the same as the one posted April 4th. Those posted yesterday are recorded as the individual phases (65, 66, & 67) instead of combined as they were on the 4th - maybe some legal requirement for doing so?:confused3

Looking at all of the documents they all appear to be the same, with the same floor plans, signatures, dates, etc. If you can identify additional units declared and let me know where they appear in the docs I'll update the diagram as necessary.

DISNEYFOURME
04-11-2008, 12:26 PM
How cool!! We just returned our signed papers this week for unit 64A so its awesome to see our new "home"!! :cool1:

DVC Mike
04-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Mike - the documents posted yesterday appear to be the same as the one posted April 4th. Those posted yesterday are recorded as the individual phases (65, 66, & 67) instead of combined as they were on the 4th - maybe some legal requirement for doing so?:confused3

Hmm, that's strange!

DoOverDreams
04-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Wow! This is great! I somehow missed this post the first round. Fantastic job. Thanks so much for taking the time!!:thumbsup2

TSMIII
05-17-2008, 12:37 PM
All units are for the second floor.
Units 70, 71 & 72 only have SV villas, no STD view.
The diagrams for those units (see below) show nothing on the opposite side of the hallway - wondering if it might have something to do with accessing the underground parking that has been mentioned in other posts:confused3

12 Dedicated 2BR (9 SV/ 3 STD)
10 2BR Lockoffs (7 SV / 3 STD)

Unit 68A Dedicated 2BR - SV
Unit 68B Dedicated 2BR - STD
Unit 68C Dedicated 2BR - SV; 2BR Lockoff - SV
Unit 68D Dedicated 2BR - STD; 2BR Lockoff - STD
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/sdavey41/Kidani68.jpg

Unit 69A 2BR Lockoff - SV
Unit 69B 2BR Lockoff - STD
Unit 69C Dedicated 2BR - SV; 2BR Lockoff - SV
Unit 69D Dedicated 2BR - STD; 2BR Lockoff - STD
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/sdavey41/Kidani69.jpg

Unit 70A Dedicated 2BR - SV
Unit 70B Dedicated 2BR - SV; 2BR Lockoff - SV
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/sdavey41/Kidani70.jpg

Unit 71A Dedicated 2BR - SV
Unit 71B 2BR Lockoff - SV
Unit 71C Dedicated 2BR - SV
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/sdavey41/Kidani71.jpg

Unit 72A 2BR Lockoff - SV
Unit 72B Dedicated 2BR - SV
Unit 72C 2BR Lockoff - SV
Unit 72D Dedicated 2BR - SV
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/sdavey41/Kidani72.jpg

LisaS
05-17-2008, 01:10 PM
All units are for the second floor.
Units 70, 71 & 72 only have SV villas, no STD view.
The diagrams for those units (see below) show nothing on the opposite side of the hallway - wondering if it might have something to do with accessing the underground parking that has been mentioned in other posts:confused3The first three building segments (plus the small segment on the end) are only one villa deep. This is a departure from the original drawings which show the building as two villas deep except for the small section on the end closest to Jambo House.

I'm glad they did not build it as shown in the drawing because those first three segments would have been looking right at the AKL employee parking lot! Because of the curve of the building, at the point where the building goes from one villa to two villas deep, the view on the Standard View side is much improved -- a lot more landscaping and a lot less concrete.

ETA: I believe that the square building on the back side of Units 72A and 72B will be a maintenance area.

TSMIII
05-17-2008, 01:51 PM
The first three building segments (plus the small segment on the end) are only one villa deep. This is a departure from the original drawings which show the building as two villas deep except for the small section on the end closest to Jambo House.

I'm glad they did not build it as shown in the drawing because those first three segments would have been looking right at the AKL employee parking lot! Because of the curve of the building, at the point where the building goes from one villa to two villas deep, the view on the Standard View side is much improved -- a lot more landscaping and a lot less concrete.

ETA: I believe that the square building on the back side of Units 72A and 72B will be a maintenance area.

Yes, I noticed the original drawing seemed to have villas on both sides of these sections - except the far end of unit 72.

I'm curious to see the additional floors declared to see if this holds true all the way up or if it is something unique to the 2nd floor. If it holds this way for all floors, then not only will the STD view be much improved as you said but also the overall ratio of SV to STD will be heavily in favor of SV at Kidani.

AKV707
05-17-2008, 02:12 PM
Thanks for all of this info. It does seem that they are trying to make the std view better.

LisaS
05-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Yes, I noticed the original drawing seemed to have villas on both sides of these sections - except the far end of unit 72.

I'm curious to see the additional floors declared to see if this holds true all the way up or if it is something unique to the 2nd floor. If it holds this way for all floors, then not only will the STD view be much improved as you said but also the overall ratio of SV to STD will be heavily in favor of SV at Kidani.It's not just the second floor. The building segments containing Units 70, 71 and 72 are all "one sided". Here are some recent construction photos (from end of Apr/early May).

Units 71 on the left and 72 on the right. Unit 72 is mostly obscured by the red stone wall that encloses the air conditioning units, trash dumpsters and delivery areas. The elevator shaft and stairwell between Units 71 and 70 is visible in the far left of the photo:

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/81115Units71and72.JPG

This is a view of the air conditioning units, etc. behind the red stone wall. Part of the rectangular building shown behind Unit 72 on the floor plan is visible in the photo (the 1-story high addition with the white sloping roof).

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/81115BehindUnit72_Detail.JPG

Unit 70 on the left of the stairwell and elevator shaft, Unit 71 on the right. You can see the transition to Unit 69 (the first building segment with both Savanna View and Standard View villas) on the far left. It looks like there will be lots of windows along the hallway in the single-sided segments.

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/81115Units70and71.JPG

Closer view of the transition from Unit 70 on the right to Unit 69 on the left, showing how they transition from the one-sided building segment on the right to the two-sided segment on the left. I believe the view improves quite a bit by the time you get to the first two-sided segment. I took all these photos from the AKL employee's parking lot and as you can see, once you get beyond Unit 70 you are no longer facing that parking lot.

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/81115Unit69to70Transition.JPG

TSMIII
05-17-2008, 03:38 PM
LisaS - thanks for the pics!

That's great news - even fewer parking lot views! (and no dumpster views!)

It looks as though units 70 through 72 may have somewhat quieter hallways without villas on the backside. Also, unit 72D - a dedicated 2BR - on the far end all by itself, appears to be a nice quiet secluded villa. And with a stairwell right behind it, promises to be the shortest walk to Jambo.

LisaS
05-17-2008, 04:10 PM
LisaS - thanks for the pics!

That's great news - even fewer parking lot views! (and no dumpster views!)

It looks as though units 70 through 72 may have somewhat quieter hallways without villas on the backside. Also, unit 72D - a dedicated 2BR - on the far end all by itself, appears to be a nice quiet secluded villa. And with a stairwell right behind it, promises to be the shortest walk to Jambo.Yes it looks like all of the dumpsters are out of view of any AKV balcony!

I don't think guests will be able to exit the building via that stairwell at the end of Unit 72D. It looks like it empties out into the delivery areas for Kidani and Jambo (which are adjacent to one another) so the ground floor exit may be an emergency exit. There is a also a gate that closes off that area though it has always been open every time I've walked by. You can see the gate just behind the red stone wall in the photo of the air conditioning units and recycling bins.

The noise coming from those air conditioning units was LOUD and with truck traffic going in and out of the delivery area I would be concerned about getting a room in Unit 72's building segment especially on a lower floor until we get some first-hand reports about noise levels.

Robo-Daddy 3000
05-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Units 72, 71, and 70 seem so far away from the main lobby and from the pool. I'd hate to check in and then have to walk all the way down to Unit 72. By the time that you get there, you are nearly all the way back to Jambo House! I would think that from Unit 72, you might even be closer to the Jambo House bus stop then you would be to the Kidani bus stop.

Donald is #1
05-20-2008, 05:25 PM
Slightly off topic but... I just got back from AKV this evening and they were putting in the columns that go up the building on the savannah side. (i.e. the columns that look like really long wood logs.) I did take a couple of pictures but I probably won't have a chance to download them until the weekend.

Monorail Purple&Gold
07-02-2008, 10:37 PM
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/crowdwags/KidaniDelcaredPhotobucket.jpg

Here's what I've put together so far.

Thanks to TSMIII for gathering the info!! :thumbsup2

Thanks to LisaS for paving the way!! :worship:

If there are any errors with rooms indicated, just let me know. I'll update as new units are declared. Enjoy!

TSMIII
07-03-2008, 12:03 PM
Nice job Monorail P&G!:thumbsup2

That diagram is very user friendly. Glad you outlined the Pool and Proposed Savanna areas. :)

Can't wait to see how far that Proposed Savanna wraps around to the NW as it will mean units 57 through ?? will have SV villas on both sides - and with the one sided units 70, 71 & 72, the STD view will only be what , maybe 25% of Kidani?:confused3

LisaS
07-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Great job! Thanks for doing this. I can't wait to see where they put the GVs (not that I have the points to stay in one but I can dream!) It's great having the floor plans published in this thread as well. It's so nice to have all of this information in one place.

Monorail Purple&Gold
07-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Nice job Monorail P&G!:thumbsup2

That diagram is very user friendly. Glad you outlined the Pool and Proposed Savanna areas. :)

Can't wait to see how far that Proposed Savanna wraps around to the NW as it will mean units 57 through ?? will have SV villas on both sides - and with the one sided units 70, 71 & 72, the STD view will only be what , maybe 25% of Kidani?:confused3

I used the proposed artist rendering from the Dream book. According to that rendering, the interactive pool area appears to end and become savanna near the border between units 62 and 63. If this holds true then units 57 thru 62 would possibly be entirely savanna view--I'm sure many AKV owners and non-owners alike would be pleased with the abundance of savanna view rooms!

*NikkiBell*
07-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the info! I am beyond excited about Kidani's grand opening!

BigEeyore
07-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Thanks everyone for keeping us updated on the progress of our "home"! I must say - I would be quite disappointed to be at AKV and have a grand view of the ...AC units!

momlificient
07-03-2008, 02:45 PM
what does "declared" mean?

Monorail Purple&Gold
07-03-2008, 03:22 PM
"Declared" means that the DVD has filed for these units with the local comptroller intending to sell them. Hence, units 57-63 are blank--these units have not been declared by the condo association yet. Also keep in mind, the declared units shown are only on the second floor...they still have to declare the rest of the 2nd floor as well as the entire 3rd, 4th, and 5th floors.

Monorail Purple&Gold
07-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Maybe being too technical, but wouldn't the northwest corner of the Kidani Village side be more suitable to be referred to as the "Sunset Savanna"? ;)

paulh
07-03-2008, 05:42 PM
slightly of topic, but any news on the pool construction?
Paulh

tecodis
07-22-2008, 08:18 PM
slightly of topic, but any news on the pool construction?
Paulh
And how will Kidani Village be connected to Jambo House? I'm wondering if it will be just a path/walkway or something structural like a catwalk.
:confused3

Perhaps they are going to allow us to walk through the savannah, petting animals on the way, to get to Jambo House! My luck, they will have a plain sidewalk running along the dumpster areas.
;)

JaxFLBear
07-22-2008, 08:25 PM
And how will Kidani Village be connected to Jambo House? I'm wondering if it will be just a path/walkway or something structural like a catwalk.
:confused3

Perhaps they are going to allow us to walk through the savannah, petting animals on the way, to get to Jambo House! My luck, they will have a plain sidewalk running along the dumpster areas.
;)

From the public DVC website:
Will the two buildings be in walking distance from each other?

Yes, there is an outdoor walking path between the two buildings. (It is an approximately 2,500-foot walk from the porte cochere of one building to the other.)

Monorail Purple&Gold
07-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Hey there, fellow AKV admirers!!!

Updated plans including the new units declared on the 3rd floor. Interesting note, looking closely at some of the declared units, kitchen layouts are different even within the Kidani units...interesting!

Here's the 3rd floor:

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/crowdwags/Kidani3rdFloor.jpg

And here's the 2nd floor. I updated it to reflect the last three units being only 1 villa deep at the south end.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/crowdwags/Kidani2ndFloor.jpg

AKV707
07-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the update! Good to see more declared units. Looking forward to calling MS on Aug 10 to try to switch from Jambo to Kidani.

Where can I see the layouts of the units?

Thanks

Monorail Purple&Gold
07-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Here's the link from DVC News.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=542&Itemid=1

LisaS
07-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Updated plans including the new units declared on the 3rd floor. Interesting note, looking closely at some of the declared units, kitchen layouts are different even within the Kidani units...interesting!Those are probably HA rooms. The kitchen in one of the 2BR villas in Unit 80B is L-shaped rather than U-shaped. The balcony door in the master bedroom of that villa opens out which indicates that is an HA 1BR. One of the easiest ways to spot the HA rooms on the floor plans is to look at the balcony doors. If you see a balcony door that swings out, that is an HA room.

ETA: The shower stall in the master bathroom in that 1BR looks different as well with what looks like an outline of a fold-down chair and no seating area at the back of the shower.

The studio in that 2BR L/O is also HA -- it has a roll-in shower instead of a tub and a "swinging" balcony door rather than a slider.

TSMIII
07-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Interesting note, looking closely at some of the declared units, kitchen layouts are different even within the Kidani units...interesting!

Yes, for Kidani these were first seen in Units 64A & 64B with one 2BR LO each having this type of configuration (see Post #1).

As our resident AKV expert LisaS said, these are likely the HA rooms.

TSMIII
07-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Updated the post title to reflect Monorail Purple & Gold's new diagrams.

LisaS
07-29-2008, 03:32 PM
I copied the floor plan for Unit 64 from the first post so that those who are interested can see how the HA rooms are set up. Both 64A and 64B consist of two 2BR lockoffs. The 2BR L/O on the right is HA.

Master Bathrooms: In the non-HA bathroom, the toilet is enclosed, the vanity is wider and the shower stall is longer with a sitting area at the back. In the HA bathroom, the the toilet is not enclosed, the vanity is narrowe and the shower stall does not have the seat at the back but there appears to be a fold-down seat in one of the rear corners.

Master Bedrooms: The balcony door in the HA room opens out, the non-HA room has a sliding door.

Kitchen: The kitchen in the HA room is L-shaped, the washer/dryer is across from the kitchen and the connecting door to the studio is across from the 2nd bathroom. In the non-HA room, the kitchen is U-shaped, the washer/dryer is across from the 2nd bathroom and the connecting door is closer to the across from the kitchen.

Studio: In the HA studio, the connecting door is in the entry way before the kitchenette, the toilet is not enclosed, the vanity is narrower and there is a roll-in shower in this particular HA studio (some have a tub) and the door to the balcony opens out. In the non-HA studio, the connecting door is after the kitchenette, the toilet is in a small enclosed space, the vanity is wider and there is a tub and there is a sliding door out to the balcony.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/sdavey41/Kidani64.jpg

Monorail Purple&Gold
07-29-2008, 08:32 PM
Thanks for setting me straight, LisaS!! :thumbsup2

DW and I are really getting excited about the new building, can't wait to see the GV's start showing up on the plans!!!

LisaS
07-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Thanks for setting me straight, LisaS!! :thumbsup2I just think it's great we have access to these floor plans so we can figure all these things out. I also think it's great that TSMIII is publishing the floor plans in this thread. I wish it had occurred to me to do that for Jambo House as we went along.

DW and I are really getting excited about the new building, can't wait to see the GV's start showing up on the plans!!!Same here!

TSMIII
07-30-2008, 10:09 PM
If you're interested, here are the totals for Kidani so far based on the diagram in Post #36 above:

Dedicated 2BR -
Declared 40 (30 SV / 10 STD)
Planned 140
Remaining 100

2BR Lockoff -
Declared 48 (25 SV / 23 STD including 1 HA SV / 2 HA STD)
Planned 168
Remaining 120

Grand Villa -
Declared 0
Planned 16
Remaining 16

Total -
Declared 88 (55 SV / 33 STD)
Planned 324
Remaining 236

Currently the split for the different views is 62.5% SV / 37.5% STD

Note that all 3 Handicap Accessible 2BR LOs declared so far are located in the same building (Phase 64/80) with 1 SV and 1 STD on the 2nd floor, and the other STD on the 3rd floor.

AKV707
07-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Thanks for all of the hard work putting this together. I can't wait to call on Aug 10 and try my luck!

pilferk
07-31-2008, 07:51 AM
Those are probably HA rooms. The kitchen in one of the 2BR villas in Unit 80B is L-shaped rather than U-shaped. The balcony door in the master bedroom of that villa opens out which indicates that is an HA 1BR. One of the easiest ways to spot the HA rooms on the floor plans is to look at the balcony doors. If you see a balcony door that swings out, that is an HA room.

ETA: The shower stall in the master bathroom in that 1BR looks different as well with what looks like an outline of a fold-down chair and no seating area at the back of the shower.

The studio in that 2BR L/O is also HA -- it has a roll-in shower instead of a tub and a "swinging" balcony door rather than a slider.

I "confirmed' that's the case. The units with L shaped Kitchens are the HA units.

You're absolutely, 100% right.

LisaS
07-31-2008, 10:07 AM
I "confirmed' that's the case. The units with L shaped Kitchens are the HA units.

You're absolutely, 100% right.I've found the quickest way to spot the HA rooms when you are scanning the floor plans is to look at the balcony doors. If they open out, it's an HA room. That's been the case with all of the Jambo House floor plans I've looked at and seems to be the case with Kidani as well.

donaldseeyore
09-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Are there anymore updates?

Monorail Purple&Gold
09-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Yes, more units have been declared as of 9/16/08.

Here's what is already declared on the 2nd floor:

Here are units already declared on the 3rd floor:

And here are the units declared on the 16th--the first declarations with Grand Villas!!!

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/crowdwags/Kidani4thfloor923-1.jpg

TSMIII
09-24-2008, 11:11 AM
If you're interested, here are the totals for Kidani so far, based on the diagram in Post #50 above:

Dedicated 2BR -
Declared 46 (33 SV / 13 STD including 1 HA STD)
Planned 140
Remaining 94

2BR Lockoff -
Declared 62 (30 SV / 32 STD including 2 HA SV / 2 HA STD)
Planned 168
Remaining 106

Grand Villa -
Declared 4 (4 SV including 1 HA)
Planned 16
Remaining 12

Total -
Declared 112 (67 SV / 45 STD)
Planned 324
Remaining 212

Currently the split for the different views is 60% SV / 40% STD

Note that all 6 Handicap Accessible villas declared so far are located in the same building (Phase 64/80/96) with 1 SV 2BR LO and 1 STD 2BR LO on the 2nd floor, 1 STD 2BR LO on the 3rd floor, 1 SV 2BR LO and 1 STD Dedicated 2BR on the 4th floor, and 1 SV Grand Villa on the 4th/5th floor.

donaldseeyore
09-24-2008, 01:23 PM
Thank you!!! It is interesting to watch the progression on this!

AKV707
09-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the updated list. It seems like it is moving along well. Anyone have any idea what the progress is on the pool and water play area?

TwingleMum
09-24-2008, 08:11 PM
How many concierge villas will there be????

LisaS
09-24-2008, 08:18 PM
How many concierge villas will there be????All of AKV's Concierge villas are in Jambo House (five 2BR lockoffs). There are no plans for any Concierge villas in Kidani.

Laneychris
09-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Great info thanks

TSMIII
09-27-2008, 03:41 PM
With the most recent units declared, floor plans for all villa types are now represented.

Dedicated 2BR (96E) & 2BR Lockoff (96F)

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/sdavey41/Kidani962BR.jpg

Handicap Accessible 2BR Lockoff (96C) & Handicap Accessible Dedicated 2BR (96D)

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/sdavey41/Kidani962BRHA.jpg

Two Story Grand Villa (99A)

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/sdavey41/Kidani99GV.jpg

Handicap Accessible Two Story Grand Villa (96A)

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/sdavey41/Kidani96GVHA.jpg

LisaS
09-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Thanks for posting these new floor plans!

It looks like the washer and dryer in the GVs are under the stairs.

I like how detailed these plans are. You can see which HA rooms have showers with fold-down seats.

loribell
10-27-2008, 12:16 PM
Just wondering if there are any updates.

Jaaron2
10-27-2008, 01:56 PM
I just got off the phone with MS booking a two bedroomm Sav. view for Sept 25 to Oct 4th:cool1:

She asked me if I knew about the construction:confused3 I said I thought most of it would be fully completed by Sept and she said it could linger on until the end of the year?

Any updates on the pool area? I last heard this would be completed by Sept 09?

P&B's Mom
11-01-2008, 06:32 AM
Any updates on the pool area? I last heard this would be completed by Sept 09?

We are going in August '09 and thought the pool would be complete in May '09. Does anyone have any new information?

TSMIII
12-18-2008, 11:51 AM
New units were declared 12/11/08 - Phases 101, 102, 103, 104 and 105 - the remainder of the 4th floor, south of the lobby. (22 units - 8 Ded 2BR, 10 2BR LO, 4 GV)

Here are the totals for Kidani so far, based on the units declared through 12/11:

Dedicated 2BR -
Declared 54 (38 SV / 16 STD including 1 HA STD)
Planned 140
Remaining 86

2BR Lockoff -
Declared 72 (37 SV / 35 STD including 2 HA SV / 2 HA STD)
Planned 168
Remaining 96

Grand Villa -
Declared 8 (8 SV including 1 HA)
Planned 16
Remaining 8

Total -
Declared 134 (83 SV / 51 STD)
Planned 324
Remaining 190

The split for the different views is now 62% SV / 38% STD

Note that all 6 Handicap Accessible villas declared so far are located in the same building (Phase 64/80/96) with 1 SV 2BR LO and 1 STD 2BR LO on the 2nd floor, 1 STD 2BR LO on the 3rd floor, 1 SV 2BR LO and 1 STD Dedicated 2BR on the 4th floor, and 1 SV Grand Villa on the 4th/5th floor.

Laurabearz
12-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Nicely done! How exciting.

I hope I can snag a villa there in July :-)

Monorail Purple&Gold
12-22-2008, 01:28 PM
4th floor plan updated with new declarations.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/crowdwags/Kidani4thfloor1222-1.jpg

3rd floor.

2nd floor.

tamclan
12-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Will Kidani have any dedicated studios?

Thanks,

wildernessDad
01-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Thanks for updating the floor plans!

Goofy442
01-09-2009, 02:59 PM
when will the whole village be completed:confused3

LisaS
01-09-2009, 03:25 PM
when will the whole village be completed:confused3Phase 2 (the area in the drawings that currently has no declared units) is supposed to open in September 2009.

loribell
01-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Lisa do you know if they are planning to have the Kidani pool area open this summer?

LisaS
01-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Lisa do you know if they are planning to have the Kidani pool area open this summer?I haven't seen anything official from Disney about when the Kidani pool or restaurant will be open. The first rooms open on May 1st so I expect they hope to have the pool open in time for the first guests but they don't want to promise us in case of construction delays.

tinkerbell 766
01-10-2009, 05:41 AM
I am sure this has been asked before and is slightly OT but will the 2 bedroom lockoffs have have only one double bed in the studio bit (I guess the answer is yes - right?). That being the case, can we request a dedicated 2 bedroom if this works better for our party?

loribell
01-10-2009, 08:00 AM
Thanks Lisa. I hope they will have the pool opened for at least the majority of the summer. I would hate to think of all those extra guests using the one pool at the lodge.

I would have loved to book there this summer when I am bringing my older kids & granddaughter along with us but was just to afraid of a delay with the pool situation.

LisaS
01-10-2009, 11:47 PM
I am sure this has been asked before and is slightly OT but will the 2 bedroom lockoffs have have only one double bed in the studio bit (I guess the answer is yes - right?). That being the case, can we request a dedicated 2 bedroom if this works better for our party?A 2BR lockoff is really a 1BR plus a studio. Studios have a queen bed and a full-size sleeper sofa and a kitchenette. There will also be an outside entrance into the studio. A dedicated 2BR will have two queen beds in the 2nd bedroom and no kitchenette and no doorway out to the hallway. They are separate booking categories so if you want two real beds in the 2nd bedroom, book a dedicated 2BR.

Just an FYI: at BCV, some of the dedicated 2BRs have a sleeper sofa instead of a second bed in the 2nd bedroom so for that resort you have to ask for a dedicated 2BR with 2 queen beds. I think BCV is the only resort with that issue. I believe for the other DVC resorts, every dedicated 2BR will have two queen beds in the 2nd bedroom.

robandkelly13
01-11-2009, 06:22 AM
We made a ressie for a 2bdrm at Kidiani for next August and member services told us that Kidani has no dedicated 2bdrms. Were we told wrong? We'd rather have a dedicated one since only our 4 yr. old DD will be the only one sleeping in the other bedroom. Thanks!

Laurabearz
01-11-2009, 08:49 AM
I talked to a DVC rep who said the pool and dining options would be open when the resort opens.

I have a question about units being Declared? Does that mean they are 100% done... like move in condition? Or just done enough (like no decorating)

loribell
01-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Thanks for that info Laurabears.

LisaS
01-11-2009, 11:08 AM
We made a ressie for a 2bdrm at Kidiani for next August and member services told us that Kidani has no dedicated 2bdrms. Were we told wrong? We'd rather have a dedicated one since only our 4 yr. old DD will be the only one sleeping in the other bedroom. Thanks!Kidani will have dedicated 2BRs. Jambo House has only lockoffs. According to the first post in this thread there will be 140 dedicated 2BRs in Kidani. If you look on page 5 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1783357&page=5) of this thread, TSMIII has posted an update on the number of each room type that has been declared as of Dec 11, 2008. Of those 140 dedicated 2BRs, 54 have already been declared. Either the MS CM was incorrect about the dedicated 2BRs or maybe he/she meant there were none available on your travel dates. You could try wait listing for a dedicated 2B if that is what you would prefer.

I have a question about units being Declared? Does that mean they are 100% done... like move in condition? Or just done enough (like no decorating)There may be some legal requirements about how far along they are with construction of the building as a whole, but I don't think there are similar milestones for the units being declared. In Jambo House, units were being declared in Feb 2007 that had occupancy dates of Sep 1, 2007 so they were in the initial stages of construction of those units at the time they were declared. I saw one or two of those units a couple of months after they were declared and they were nothing but a hollow concrete shell! The hotel rooms that had occupied that space had been demolished and everything had been stripped to the bare concrete walls with the plumbing and wiring exposed.

rodserry
01-19-2009, 11:17 PM
Kidani will have dedicated 2BRs. Jambo House has only lockoffs. According to the first post in this thread there will be 140 dedicated 2BRs in Kidani. If you look on page 5 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1783357&page=5) of this thread, TSMIII has posted an update on the number of each room type that has been declared as of Dec 11, 2008. Of those 140 dedicated 2BRs, 54 have already been declared. Either the MS CM was incorrect about the dedicated 2BRs or maybe he/she meant there were none available on your travel dates. You could try wait listing for a dedicated 2B if that is what you would prefer.

There may be some legal requirements about how far along they are with construction of the building as a whole, but I don't think there are similar milestones for the units being declared. In Jambo House, units were being declared in Feb 2007 that had occupancy dates of Sep 1, 2007 so they were in the initial stages of construction of those units at the time they were declared. I saw one or two of those units a couple of months after they were declared and they were nothing but a hollow concrete shell! The hotel rooms that had occupied that space had been demolished and everything had been stripped to the bare concrete walls with the plumbing and wiring exposed.

WOW! This thread is awesome. I just found it and it is a great source of info so I am bumping it for others to see too. :) Thank you! R

mybabesuz
01-20-2009, 09:31 AM
WOW! This thread is awesome. I just found it and it is a great source of info so I am bumping it for others to see too. :) Thank you! R

Thanks for bumping this....:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes
It is exactly the info. I have been wanting to know...:)

And thanks to those who put it together...:flower3:

paulh
01-20-2009, 11:51 AM
was on the phone to MS last night booking kadani for aug,i asked about resturnt and pool,was informed both will open in may when it opens proper
Paulh

Goofy442
01-23-2009, 07:40 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows if they will have handicap rooms at Kidani Village or Jambo House. My Friend who ended up with Polio as a child has braces on his legs and would need a large enough door to get into with his crutches. His wife would love to go to Disney but he is afraid there wouldn't be enough room for his crutches to move around the villas. :)

AKV707
01-23-2009, 07:48 AM
There are HA rooms in both Kidani and Jambo. You can request them when you book.

SueM in MN
01-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows if they will have handicap rooms at Kidani Village or Jambo House. My Friend who ended up with Polio as a child has braces on his legs and would need a large enough door to get into with his crutches. His wife would love to go to Disney but he is afraid there wouldn't be enough room for his crutches to move around the villas. :)
The ADA requires that resorts have handicapped accessible rooms available in all the different types and views that are available to other guests.

If all he needs is a wide enough door, the doors on handicapped accessible rooms are generally the same as the doors on other rooms, at least the doors to get into the room. Bathroom doors may be narrower than the doors to get into the rooms. But they are usually going to be 32 inches wide in the bathrooms in newer resorts.

There are different types of handicapped accessible rooms in all resorts.
One kind is fully wheelchair accessible and has a roll in shower with a fold down seat. A wheelchair can be rolled right up to the seat inside the shower. That type of room will also have a sink that a wheelchair can be rolled up under for use. All resorts have rooms with roll in showers available.

They also have rooms with tubs that have grab bars (they also have a showerhead). Some of the rooms with tubs are wheelchair accessible and have a doorway to the bathroom that is big enough to drive a wheelchair thru the bathroom door. Others may not have a door that is big enough to drive a wheelchair thru, so you need to make sure to request the correct the correct type.

For getting around in the room, there are usually some pieces of furniture that can be moved to make a passage. If it seems too tight, you can also request Housekeeping to remove some pieces of furniture for you (chairs, etc).

MrBill64
02-03-2009, 04:01 PM
I have a question concerning the declaration of units. I understand that when a unit is declared it can then be sold, correct? But how does this affect reservations? Does this mean there is one more unit added to the reservation pool?

Bill

AKV707
02-03-2009, 04:18 PM
I believe it also means that it can now be booked with points by members. So yes, it would be available for reservations. If I am wrong, someone correct me.

billsfan
04-21-2009, 10:14 PM
I just came across this thread and love it. Any new updates?

bookwormde
05-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Bump,

Since it has some really good room type location info

TINKERIFIC
05-27-2009, 12:21 PM
BUMP :thumbsup2

TSMIII
05-27-2009, 03:57 PM
I just came across this thread and love it. Any new updates?

Nothing since the 12/11/08 declarations.

BLT has had units declared at 4 different times (1/16, 3/13, 4/8 & 4/21) since the last AKV units in December and the THVs have had one declaration (1/30/09) for 30 units out of the 60 total.

From what I've read here and elsewhere, BLT is selling better than AKV. Also, work is still continuing on many of the Kidani segments north of the lobby with completion not scheduled until September last I knew.

DadwhoLOVESDisney
07-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks for posting this thread!

TINKERIFIC
07-19-2009, 01:02 PM
bumping this wonderful thread.

I just booked a Kidani stay this morning :banana:. June 19, 2010, seven nights!!!

2 bedroom lockoff SV. My room requests (looking at the resort map):

1. 2nd or 3rd "bead" to the left of the lobby. This would be the two beads on either side of an elevator (not sure what elevator that is....does anyone know?) Also, I am not sure if this would be north, south, east or west of the lobby....does anyone know?

2. Preferably no higher than the 3rd floor.

I wanted to give the rest of our party some privacy, yet still feel like we are traveling together so lockoff was the best choice. Plus with a lockoff I thought I would more likely get my room requests filled, here's hoping anyways.

I wanted to be close to the pool, elevator and lobby so I thought that would be a good central locale. Not sure if this is a portion available for current stays, i.e. still under construction.

One question regarding the savanah animals on sunset savanah....the sunset extends on both sides of the lobby, but will both sides have the same animals or do they restrict were each type of animal "roams". I guess I want to make sure we would be able to see the giraffes, etc. Does this question make sense?

pilferk
09-01-2009, 11:12 AM
I, too, am shamelessly bumping the thread. There's been some discussion about this topic in reference to the opening of Phase 2, today.

wdrl
09-09-2009, 10:36 AM
On 8/31/2009, DVD made the 18th Amendment to the AKV Declarations, and the Amendment was recorded on the OCC website on 09/09/09. The Amendment declared Phases 112, 113, 114, and 115 to the DVC inventory. It appears that each Phase contains 5 Units, and each Unit has one 2-bedroom villa, but I will wait until TSMIII has a chance to review the data before it can said for certain.

This is the first Declaration for AKV since the 17th Amendment on November 21, 2008 (recorded 12/11/08). This is good news for DVC members who are making reservations on points at AKV because this Declaration adds 20 additional villas to the DVC inventory. I do not know how many of the 20 villas are lock-offs versus dedicated 2-bedroom villas.

DenLo
09-09-2009, 11:20 AM
On 8/31/2009, DVD made the 18th Amendment to the AKV Declarations, and the Amendment was recorded on the OCC website on 09/09/09. The Amendment declared Phases 112, 113, 114, and 115 to the DVC inventory. It appears that each Phase contains 5 Units, and each Unit has one 2-bedroom villa, but I will wait until TSMIII has a chance to review the data before it can said for certain.

This is the first Declaration for AKV since the 17th Amendment on November 21, 2008 (recorded 12/11/08). This is good news for DVC members who are making reservations on points at AKV because this Declaration adds 20 additional villas to the DVC inventory. I do not know how many of the 20 villas are lock-offs versus dedicated 2-bedroom villas.

Got my :3dglasses on, ready for TSMIII's updates and revised maps by Monorail Purple&Gold. Thank you all for the data. Gosh I love this thread.:love:

TSMIII
09-09-2009, 12:45 PM
As wdrl pointed out, new units were declared 8/31/09 and posted today - Phases 112 and 113 - the 5th floor in the two segments immediately north of the lobby and Phases 114 and 115 - the 5th floor in the two segments immediately south of the lobby. (19 units - 6 Ded 2BR w/1 HA & 14 2BR LO w/1 HA). Note: The 19 units equal 20 2BRs - Unit 113A consists of 2 2BRs.

Here are the totals for Kidani so far, based on the units declared through 8/31:

Dedicated 2BR -
Declared 60 (42 SV / 18 STD including 1 HA SV / 1 HA STD)
Planned 140
Remaining 80

2BR Lockoff -
Declared 86 (41 SV / 45 STD including 2 HA SV / 3 HA STD)
Planned 168
Remaining 82

Grand Villa -
Planned 16
Remaining 8

Total -
Declared 154 (91 SV / 63 STD)
Planned 324
Remaining 170

The split for the different views is now 59% SV / 41% STD

Note that all 8 Handicap Accessible villas declared so far are located in the second building north of the lobby (Phase 64/80/96/112):
2nd Floor - 1 SV 2BR LO & 1 STD 2BR LO
3rd Floor - 1 STD 2BR LO
4th Floor - 1 SV 2BR LO & 1 STD Dedicated 2BR
4th/5th Floor - 1 SV Grand Villa
5th floor - 1 STD 2BR LO and 1 SV Dedicated 2BR

bgsnmky
09-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Can someone explain the difference in the lockoff vs the dedicated.

Are there two different pics of the units at the front of this thread??

There are 8 going in June of next year. I can't book till 7 months out...but REALLY hoping we get it.

(Yeah for you TINKERIFIC ! you must be thrilled). I am too hoping for a standard or SV next to the lobby/pool/elevator. This will be for my parents 50th and it isn't good for mom to be walking to far

TSMIII
09-09-2009, 02:10 PM

There are 8 going in June of next year. I can't book till 7 months out...but REALLY hoping we get it.

(Yeah for you TINKERIFIC ! you must be thrilled). I am too hoping for a standard or SV next to the lobby/pool/elevator. This will be for my parents 50th and it isn't good for mom to be walking to far

Check out Post #57 - the first diagram ( Units 96E & 96F) is an example of both of these. When looking at the two, focus on the left hand side of each of the units. The 2 BR Lockoff will have an extra door leading out into the hall as well as a sink/countertop vs. no extra door and a closet for the Dedicated 2BR.

HTH.

DenLo
09-09-2009, 02:14 PM

Here's a link to the 1st post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=24319747&postcount=1

Look at the diagram for Unit 64A, the first 3 rooms are a bedroom (studio); living room and bedroom (one bedroom). There are two doors from the hallway that enter this unit, one into the studio and one into the living room of the 1 bedroom. This unit is a lockoff, because the studio can be rented separately from the 1 bedroom. In that studio there is a queen bed and a pullout couch.

Now go a little further to your left on the same drawing to Unit 64C. This unit is a dedicated 2 bedroom unit. There is no door from the hallway into the studio. You must enter the studio from the living room. Also because this studio portion is dedicated, there will be two queen beds and no couch.

Also in other DVC resorts they have replaced the kitchenette in the dedicated studio with another closet. I have not stayed in one of these dedicated units so.... Has anyone rented a dedicated 2 BR at Kidani and is there still a mini kitchenette in addition to the full kitchen off of the living room?

Many people with young children really only want a dedicated 2BR to keep their young children from having access to a door to the outside hall in the second bedroom. Others you plan to share the unit with another family or teenagers prefer the separate door. I like to think of it as one of those touches that just makes the DVC our home away from home.

Hope this answers your questions. If not just post them, we'll answer.;)

bgsnmky
09-09-2009, 02:39 PM
perfect thanks.

I like the extra door for some reasons but other not.

Glad you mentioned the two queen beds tho. As we will want that.

8 of us -- all practically adults. (2 teenagers that are really adults now - 16 and 18).

So we will want the master for mom and dad (50th anniversary and all)....probably the two queens for us gals..and we will have to guys on the sofa in the living room.

Thanks a bunch!

I also have the same question as tinkerific on the animals. I really want to see the okapi and giraffes. Didn't know if they were everywhere or on one side more than the others. If anyone knows?

Here's a link to the 1st post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=24319747&postcount=1

Look at the diagram for Unit 64A, the first 3 rooms are a bedroom (studio); living room and bedroom (one bedroom). There are two doors from the hallway that enter this unit, one into the studio and one into the living room of the 1 bedroom. This unit is a lockoff, because the studio can be rented separately from the 1 bedroom. In that studio there is a queen bed and a pullout couch.

Now go a little further to your left on the same drawing to Unit 64C. This unit is a dedicated 2 bedroom unit. There is no door from the hallway into the studio. You must enter the studio from the living room. Also because this studio portion is dedicated, there will be two queen beds and no couch.

Also in other DVC resorts they have replaced the kitchenette in the dedicated studio with another closet. I have not stayed in one of these dedicated units so.... Has anyone rented a dedicated 2 BR at Kidani and is there still a mini kitchenette in addition to the full kitchen off of the living room?

Many people with young children really only want a dedicated 2BR to keep their young children from having access to a door to the outside hall in the second bedroom. Others you plan to share the unit with another family or teenagers prefer the separate door. I like to think of it as one of those touches that just makes the DVC our home away from home.

Hope this answers your questions. If not just post them, we'll answer.;)

wdrl
09-09-2009, 02:54 PM
As wdrl pointed out, new units were declared 8/31/09 and posted today - Phases 112 and 113 - the 5th floor in the two segments immediately north of the lobby and Phases 114 and 115 - the 5th floor in the two segments immediately south of the lobby. (19 units - 6 Ded 2BR w/1 HA & 14 2BR LO w/1 HA). Note: The 19 units equal 20 2BRs - Unit 113A consists of 2 2BRs.

I think DVD has made an error in the 18th Declaration. As TSMIII points out, the floor plan drawings attached to the Declaration shows Unit 113a as consisting of two 2-bedroom villas. These drawings also show that Phase 113 consists of Units 113a, 113b, 113c, and 113d. However, in the actual language amending AKV's Declaration of Condominium (see page 1, last paragraph), the Declaration states that Phase 113 consists of five residential Units identified as Unit 113A, 113B, 113C, 113D, and 113E. So, either the drawings are in error, or the text is inaccurate. Either way, I'm curious how long it takes before someone corrects it.

wdrl
09-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Today's declaration of additional Phases for AKV represents the first declaration since November 21, 2008. By comparison, DVD has made 7 declarations for Bay Lake Tower in that period. I have read that BLT sales have far exceeded those of AKV, SSR and VGC, but I have been curious how well AKV sales have really been.

In order to track AKV sales, I reviewed deeds recorded on the Orange County Comptroller website. You can access this site and view deeds sold by DVD. Each deed shows a recorded date, the resort and Unit number, the number of points, and the ownership interest, as represented by a percentage of total points allocated to that Unit. The deed also shows the UY.

I limited my review to those Units declared by DVD in the last two Amendments, which are the 17th and 18th Amendments. The 17th Amendment declared 5 Phases, while the 18th Amendment declared 4 Phases. Each Phase has 3 to 5 Units assigned to it, and each Unit has one or two 2-bedroom villas, or one Grand Villa, assigned to it. For example, Unit 101A has one Grand Villa assigned to it, Unit 101B has one 2-bedroom villa assigned to it, and Unit 101C has two 2-bedroom villas assigned to it. The number of points allocated to each Unit is based on the composition of the Units: a Grand Villa Unit has about 36,125 points; a single 2-bedroom Unit has about 16,290 points; and a double 2-bedroom Unit has about 32,580 points.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/0001QE.jpg

In the 17th and 18th Amendments, DVD declared 37 Units representing about 763,520 points. As of September 3, 2009, DVD has sold 1,639 contracts and 265,457 points, or about 34.8% of the total for these two Declarations. DVD would have to sell another 498,063 points before it would have to make another Declaration.

This data does not include deeds recorded for Units that were previously declared. However, DVD continues to sell points for Units declared in prior Amendments. In fact, if a buyer wants a March, April, or September UY, DVD is using Units that were previously declared rather than Units that are part of the 17th and 18th Amendments. Eventually, those prior Units will be sold out, and DVD will assign those UYs to the newer Units.

It is interesting to note that for about the same period, DVD has sold over 12,000 contracts and over 2,000,000 points for BLT (see http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33334313&postcount=121). DVD has also sold about 739 contracts and 102,035 points for SSR's TreeHouse Villa Units that were declared in January 2009 (see http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2265909). I have no data available on VGC sales.

TSMIII
09-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Nice analysis wdrl.:thumbsup2

So BLT is outselling AKV roughly 10 to 1 and outselling SSR-THV 20 to 1 over that time period.

Considering that info, the pending increase to $120 per point for BLT seems appropriate. I know some have speculated that the increase may be designed to slow down BLT sales in favor of more AKV & THV sales but now I'm inclined to think otherwise.

I think it is simply a case of charging what the market will bear.

Also, considering the obvious preference of direct buyers for BLT over AKV or SSR-THV, it appears that the best way to increase sales at AKV & SSR will be to sell out BLT first, leaving only AKV & SSR available in any meaningful quantities if buying from Disney.

DenLo
09-10-2009, 09:02 AM
perfect thanks.

I like the extra door for some reasons but other not.

Glad you mentioned the two queen beds tho. As we will want that.

8 of us -- all practically adults. (2 teenagers that are really adults now - 16 and 18).

So we will want the master for mom and dad (50th anniversary and all)....probably the two queens for us gals..and we will have to guys on the sofa in the living room.

Thanks a bunch!

I also have the same question as tinkerific on the animals. I really want to see the okapi and giraffes. Didn't know if they were everywhere or on one side more than the others. If anyone knows?

You're welcome. I too wish for an okapi and giraffes, but I don't think that will happen. Okapi's are related to giraffes but are more reserved and do not herd. So I don't think Disney will put them together in such a small savanna. I guess we could get a room along the north end of the necklace and pick either a Pembe room or a Sunset savanna room and then see the animals not on the room's view during our walks back to the check in area. I believe there are viewing areas to sit and watch animals too. I'm not sure where exactly. Here's a map of Kidani that might make what I was trying to say more understandable. http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/animal-kingdom-villas/maps-a-photos.

gkrykewy
09-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Nice analysis wdrl.:thumbsup2

So BLT is outselling AKV roughly 10 to 1 and outselling SSR-THV 20 to 1 over that time period.

Considering that info, the pending increase to $120 per point for BLT seems appropriate. I know some have speculated that the increase may be designed to slow down BLT sales in favor of more AKV & THV sales but now I'm inclined to think otherwise.

I think it is simply a case of charging what the market will bear.

Yep, I too found the numbers very interesting. As Wdrl mentioned, however, there are still AKV points being sold out of prior declarations. When we bought an add-on in March, we received Jambo House points (August UY). I would be interested in seeing total AKV sales numbers that would include those sales.

I also wonder what the disparity was between AKV and SSR when AKV was "the new hotness" and SSR had superior incentives as a result (2007-ish).

Concerning the price increase, I believe AKV and SSR are also going up to $120, aren't they? DVC already had AKV much more steeply discounted during the summer than BLT, and I imagine this disparity will (and should) increase.

bgsnmky
09-10-2009, 03:48 PM
You're welcome. I too wish for an okapi and giraffes, but I don't think that will happen. Okapi's are related to giraffes but are more reserved and do not herd. So I don't think Disney will put them together in such a small savanna. I guess we could get a room along the north end of the necklace and pick either a Pembe room or a Sunset savanna room and then see the animals not on the room's view during our walks back to the check in area. I believe there are viewing areas to sit and watch animals too. I'm not sure where exactly. Here's a map of Kidani that might make what I was trying to say more understandable. http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/animal-kingdom-villas/maps-a-photos.

You can't really tell where the animals are tho.... meaning where are the Okapis kept!

DenLo
09-10-2009, 04:06 PM
You can't really tell where the animals are tho.... meaning where are the Okapis kept!

Whoops, sorry, the Okapi (only one) is on the new Pembe savanna that opened September 1st. And it can roam around anywhere on that savanna.

bgsnmky
09-10-2009, 05:20 PM
QUOTE=DenLo;33525182]Whoops, sorry, the Okapi (only one) is on the new Pembe savanna that opened September 1st. And it can roam around anywhere on that savanna.[/QUOTE]

Thanks...I am hoping by nex June there will be more!

I am always trying to catch these guys on the safari ride. Just love them! I want to pet one. :love:

I know I know...I can't...but I just wanna...how cool to see a baby one!

AKV707
09-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Very interesting numbers. Clearly BLT is leading the way. Not going to outdo AKV for us however. So, by following the declarations, does this mean that it will be a while until members stay in the northern section where Pembe is? At this rate, it could be years before those units are declared into inventory. Am I right?

wdrl
09-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Very interesting numbers. Clearly BLT is leading the way. Not going to outdo AKV for us however. So, by following the declarations, does this mean that it will be a while until members stay in the northern section where Pembe is? At this rate, it could be years before those units are declared into inventory. Am I right?

Fortunately for you, me, and all DVC members, you are not right!! As TSMIII points out in his Post #95, Disney has declared 154 AKV villas for the DVC. That means that on any given day, DVC members cannot book more than 154 AKV villas. However, we can book any of the completed villas in the entire resort, including those in the northern section.

DoctorK
09-19-2009, 07:32 AM
Disney has declared 154 AKV villas for the DVC. That means that on any given day, DVC members cannot book more than 154 AKV villas.

Does that mean that Disney can rent out the completed but not declared villas for cash? If so, would that inventory only be available to DVC members paying cash through MS or anyone paying cash through CR?

DVC Mike
09-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Does that mean that Disney can rent out the completed but not declared villas for cash? If so, would that inventory only be available to DVC members paying cash through MS or anyone paying cash through CR?

DVC members can book only the declared inventory using points.

The undeclared inventory is owned by DVD and can be rented via cash.

DenLo
09-25-2009, 08:05 PM
QUOTE=DenLo;33525182]Whoops, sorry, the Okapi (only one) is on the new Pembe savanna that opened September 1st. And it can roam around anywhere on that savanna.

Thanks...I am hoping by nex June there will be more!

I am always trying to catch these guys on the safari ride. Just love them! I want to pet one. :love:

I know I know...I can't...but I just wanna...how cool to see a baby one![/QUOTE]

The Denver Zoo had a baby okapi and it was cute. It would be fun seeing a baby run around the savanna. We can hope that one day--:cloud9:.

dgaston
09-26-2009, 09:05 AM
Whoops, sorry, the Okapi (only one) is on the new Pembe savanna that opened September 1st. And it can roam around anywhere on that savanna.

Just back from Kidani 9/20 to 9/26. There are 2 Okapi on the Pembe Savanna, and one is pregnant according to the CM at the pool overlook. They feed the animals there around 4 pm and it's fun to watch. The red river hogs run to get to the truck! One of the African hornbills kept offering a small dead snake to the CMs too, but wouldn't give it up.

Our room 7734 faced the end of the Sunset Savanna, but just 3 rooms down the overlook in the hall was the Pembe (on the over side of the hallway), so these rooms are definitely available for use. They are a long way from the lobby, and a verrry long walk from Jambo.

wdrl
10-02-2009, 10:21 AM
AKV sales continue to move along at a steady but slow pace. I have been tracking AKV sales for just the last two Declarations (Amendments #17 and #18). Through 9/30/2009, Disney has sold 303,102 points of the 763,520 points that it declared in Amendments #17 and #18.

Since 9/03/2009, Disney sold 37,645 points for these specific Units. Disney also continues to sell AKV points for previously declared Units, but these sales are significantly less than the sales for the Units that comprise Amendments #17 and #18. At this rate, I expect it will be at least 6 to 9 months before we see another declaration of units for AKV.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/0001J3.jpg

wdrl
11-24-2009, 01:11 PM
I think DVD has made an error in the 18th Declaration. As TSMIII points out, the floor plan drawings attached to the Declaration shows Unit 113a as consisting of two 2-bedroom villas. These drawings also show that Phase 113 consists of Units 113a, 113b, 113c, and 113d. However, in the actual language amending AKV's Declaration of Condominium (see page 1, last paragraph), the Declaration states that Phase 113 consists of five residential Units identified as Unit 113A, 113B, 113C, 113D, and 113E. So, either the drawings are in error, or the text is inaccurate. Either way, I'm curious how long it takes before someone corrects it.

It looks like we have an answer to whether AKV's Phase 113 has 4 Units or 5 Units. On 11/20/2009, a deed was recorded on the OCC website for Unit 113A. It shows 39,580 points are allotted to that Unit. Thus, it must be a "double" Unit with 2 2-bedroom villas assigned to it. If 113A is a "double" Unit, then I suspect there will not be a Unit 113E. There are only 5 2-bedroom villas in Phase 113, and if Unit 113A has 2, then that leaves 1 each for Units 113B, 113C, and 113D.

Monorail Purple&Gold
11-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Will work on updating diagrams of rooms declared this week.

wdrl
12-11-2009, 12:07 PM
For the past several weeks, I have been compiling data on AKV sales as recorded on the Orange County (FL) Comptroller's website. The first AKV deeds were recorded at OCC on March 9, 2009. Through December 8, 2009, approximately 23,269 deeds representing 3,873,725 points have been recorded.

There are 4,472,160 points in the 191 Units that have been declared by DVD. The size of a Unit varies, with some containing a single two-bedroom villa and some containing multiple villas or Grand Villas. DVD has made 18 Declarations for AKV. Eleven declarations were made in the first year, but there have been only three declarations in the last 15 months. The slowdown in AKV declarations coincides with the slowdown in AKV sales once BLT came on the market.

Of the 4,472,160 declared points, 1,804,780 points belong to Jambo House Units. Kidani Village has 2,667,380 points, and this number will grow as more AKV Units are declared. As an aside, Jambo House has slightly less points allotted to it than the Villas at Wilderness Lodge, which has approximately 1,962,300 points assigned to it. BLT has 3,614,295 points declared to date, and will have about 5,825,540 points once it is fully declared.

As you can see by looking at the chart, December is the dominant UY at AKV. By comparison, February is the dominant UY at BLT. It is apparent to me that DVD does not spread the points equally among the 8 UYs.

While compiling this data, I ran across a couple of recorded deeds that had less than 25 points. I don't know if this was an error that was subsequently corrected, or if DVD actually sold contracts for under the supposed 25-point minimum.

When reviewing this data, keep in mind that it was a labor-intensive effort on my part to compile the data. I probably made some errors in adding up the number of contracts and the number of points sold. In addition, the OCC website's search feature has some quirks in it that can be exasperating. For example, a search for Unit 64A deeds might have a Unit 64B deed show up, or even a deed for Saratoga Springs or another resort. I tried to correct for these quirks, but I offer no guarantees. Nevertheless, I am confident that my counts of contracts and points sold are fairly accurate. I am even more confident that the number of Units and points allotted to each Unit and UY are accurate.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/0001ud.jpg

TSMIII
12-11-2009, 03:07 PM
wdrl - tremendous job! Thank you for doing this. Your hard work is appreciated.:thumbsup2

wdrl
12-15-2009, 03:49 PM
AKV has now exceeded over 12,000 master contracts. On 12/10/09, I noticed several AKV deeds with master contract numbers over 12,000. By comparison, BLT is just now approaching 12,000 master contracts, while SSR has over 67,300 master contracts.

It also looks like all the current special incentives and promotions for AKV have boosted AKV sales. This past summer, BLT outsold AKV by a 3 or 4 to 1 ratio, based on recorded deeds at the OCC website. But lately, the two resorts' weekly sales have been about equal. At this rate, we might see another AKV declaration by the end of January.

franandaj
12-22-2009, 11:48 PM
There are 4,472,160 points in the 191 Units that have been declared by DVD.

I'm glad to join this discussion, but who is DVD?

Is all of Kidani open now? We'll be there in about a month and just curious.

Disneycouple99
12-23-2009, 10:23 AM
I'm glad to join this discussion, but who is DVD?

Is all of Kidani open now? We'll be there in about a month and just curious.

DVD=Disney Vacation Development
Kidani is open.

wdrl
01-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Since my last posting, I have revised my chart of AKV points and UYs to include an estimate of the total number of points allotted to AKV. Based on data posted by TSMIII, it appears that AKV has about 7,400,180 points allotted to it. By comparison, BLT has about 5,825,540 points allotted to it, and VWL has about 1,962,300 points allotted to it. On the chart, I show that there are 170 undeclared Units at AKV: 162 two-bedroom villas and 8 Grand Villas. However, since DVD sometimes groups two two-bedroom villas into one Unit, the actual number of Units left to declare should be less than 170.

Through 12/31/2009, DVD has declared about 60% of AKV for the DVC Membership, and has sold about 53% of the total AKV points. This is based on deeds recorded at the Orange County Comptroller's website. December is the predominant UY at AKV. By comparison, February is the most common UY for BLT and August is the most common UY for VWL.

Since DVD raised the price of BLT in October, AKV sales have matched BLT sales in number of points sold. However, BLT has almost the same number of master contracts sold at AKV (about 12,000) even though AKV sales started more than a year and a half before BLT, and DVD has sold AKV master contracts for as little as 100 points compared to BLT's 160-point minimum.

AKV has about 545,000 AKV points declared that are still unsold. At the current rate of sales (about 16,000+/week), I expect DVD will have to make a new Declaration for AKV within the next month or two.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/0001Zg.jpg

wdrl
01-23-2010, 12:07 PM
With the release of the 2011 Point Charts, some members have wondered whether AKV's total points have remained unchanged (see discussion in http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2346668). I computed the total point requirements for VWL and BWV and found the total points between 2010 and 2011 to be insignificant.

I would like to do the same comparison for AKV, but I don't have all the information needed to compute AKV's total points requirements. I know AKV's total points, I know the number of the different types of accommodations, I know how many points are allotted to each "Unit" configuration, and I know (from the 2010 and 2011 point charts) how much it costs to book each accommodation for all 365 Use Days in each calendar year. But what I don't know is the exact breakout of accommodations by view category.

Beginning in 2011, AKV has a Standard View Grand Villa category. TSMIII, whose opinion I trust, opines that there may be two GVs in this category. But we don't know for sure. Furthermore, there are 162 two-bedroom accommodations still to be declared and I do not know how many will have Standard Views versus Savanna Views. Unless I know exactly how many accommodations are in each view category, then any calculations of point totals will be suspect.

For those of you who are interested, here is some data about AKV's points, Units, and accommodations. When reading the chart, please keep some the following in mind:

A "Unit" is not the same as an accommodation. A "Unit" may contain one accommodation, such as one two-bedroom or one GV, or it may contain multiple accommodations. AKV's Unit 17 contains 6 dedicated studios.

The number of points allotted a Unit is based on square footage. As seen in the chart, Jambo has eight different Unit sizes while Kidani has three.

The Amendments to the Declaration of Condominium show the floorplans for each declared Unit. This is how I determined the accommodation composition of the Units.

The number of points allotted to a Unit is verified by reviewing deeds recorded on the Orange County Comptroller's website.

The number of points allotted a Unit is unrelated to the view category of the associated accommodation(s). Each GV Unit has 36,130 points allotted to it, whether it is a savanna view or a standard view.

For booking purposes, all two-bedroom accommodations, whether they be lockoffs of dedicated, are counted as two-bedroom accommodations. AKV has some dedicated studios but does not have any dedicated one-bedroom accommodations.

As of August 31, 2009, DVD has 162 two-bedroom accommodations and 8 GV accommodations still to be declared. For ease of tracking, I have labeled each as a separate Unit; thus, I show 170 Units undeclared. In reality, the number of Units declared in the future will be less. This is because DVD tends to declare some Units with two two-bedroom accommodation.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/0001Jy.jpg

If anyone has verifiable counts of accommodations by view category, then I'd be glad to compute AKV's point totals for 2010 and 2011.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

dismedvc
01-23-2010, 10:18 PM
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2346668&page=39

WRDL: Did you see bookwormde posts #582 and #596 on the thread link above?

My thoughts are in post #611 of that thread

wildernessDad
01-23-2010, 10:21 PM
For year 2011, Kidani has two GVs which are standard view.

TSMIII
01-24-2010, 08:11 PM
As of August 31, 2009, DVD has 162 two-bedroom accommodations and 8 GV accommodations still to be declared. For ease of tracking, I have labeled each as a separate Unit; thus, I show 170 Units undeclared. In reality, the number of Units declared in the future will be less. This is because DVD tends to declare some Units with two two-bedroom accommodation...

...If anyone has verifiable counts of accommodations by view category, then I'd be glad to compute AKV's point totals for 2010 and 2011.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

wdrl ~ once again, a nice analysis. :thumbsup2

With the confirmation that the two standard view GVs are in fact the ones furthest north, I believe it will be some time before we can definitively state exactly how many villas are standard view and how many are savanna view. I think until we get first hand reports of which villas in that area are one view or the other it will be difficult to determine how far reaching the standard view is to the east and west of those GVs. Therefore, a full reconciliation of the new points charts with the prior years' may have to wait a while.

wdrl
01-25-2010, 04:14 PM
DVD has made a new declaration of villas for AKV. The 19th Amendment to the AKV Declaration of Condominium, dated 1/19/2010, and recorded at the OCC website on 1/25/2010, brings 13 additional Units containing 20 two-bedroom villas into the DVC membership inventory. This is the first Declaration for AKV since 8/31/2009.

The 20 two-bedroom villas that are part of the 19th Amendment should bring 325,800 points into the DVC membership inventory. With this Declaration, 4,797,970 points have been declared into the membership. This represents 64.84% of the estimated 7,400,190 points that AKV should have when it is fully declared for membership.

drusba
01-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Confirmed through MS info provided above: Kidani will have 2 standard GVs (very end of the North wing) and they are not new units, meaning Kidani will have, effective 2011, 14 savanna view GVs and 2 standard.

Disneycouple99
01-25-2010, 10:37 PM
I have been able to find the condo drawings and the declaration. My question is how do you guys figure out which floor the units are on?

TSMIII
01-26-2010, 09:40 AM
DVD has made a new declaration of villas for AKV. The 19th Amendment to the AKV Declaration of Condominium, dated 1/19/2010, and recorded at the OCC website on 1/25/2010, brings 13 additional Units containing 20 two-bedroom villas into the DVC membership inventory. This is the first Declaration for AKV since 8/31/2009.

The 20 two-bedroom villas that are part of the 19th Amendment should bring 325,800 points into the DVC membership inventory. With this Declaration, 4,797,970 points have been declared into the membership. This represents 64.84% of the estimated 7,400,190 points that AKV should have when it is fully declared for membership.

To add to wdrl's post above, the declared units are comprised of Phase 106 - part of the 5th floor in the segment at the far north end and Phases 116, 117 and 118 - the 5th floor in three segments south of the lobby. (13 units - 9 Ded 2BR villas & 11 2BR LO villas).

Here are the totals for Kidani so far, based on the units declared through 1/19/10 with one qualification - units on the outside edge of the northernmost segments may or may not be standard view:

(Unless further evidence proves otherwise, I am proceeding on the basis that any units on the outside edge of phases 91, 92, 106, 107 & 108 - the last 4 segments north of the lobby - are standard view - Kidani map from wdwinfo.com (http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/Kindani_Village_Map.jpg))

Dedicated 2BR -
Declared 69 (46 SV / 23 STD including 1 HA SV / 1 HA STD)
Planned 140
Remaining 71

2BR Lockoff -
Declared 97 (47 SV / 50 STD including 2 HA SV / 3 HA STD)
Planned 168
Remaining 71

Grand Villa -
Planned 16
Remaining 8

Total -
Declared 174 (101 SV / 73 STD)
Planned 324
Remaining 150

The split for the different views is now 58% SV / 42% STD

Note that all 8 Handicap Accessible villas declared so far are located in the second building north of the lobby (Phase 64/80/96/112):
3rd Floor - 1 STD 2BR LO

DenLo
01-26-2010, 10:16 AM
. . . . . . . . .
Dedicated 2BR -
Declared 69 (46 SV / 23 STD including 1 HA SV / 1 HA STD)
Planned 140
Remaining 71

2BR Lockoff -
Declared 97 (47 SV / 50 STD including 2 HA SV / 3 HA STD)
Planned 168
Remaining 71

Grand Villa -
Planned 16
Remaining 8

Total -
Declared 174 (101 SV / 73 STD)
Planned 324
Remaining 150

The split for the different views is now 58% SV / 42% STD

3rd Floor - 1 STD 2BR LO

I'm confused. I thought I had read somewhere that 80% of the rooms AKV were savanna view. But so far Kidani is coming out with a much closer split. Per the member website, Jambo House is a near 50-50 split on views. I realize you are assuming some of the northern units are standard view villas. Where else would the standard view GV's be?

I found the following on the member website. I realize it's partially inaccurate since it says all GV's are savanna view but it does states that 80% of the villas are SV. Where do you think the DVD is getting the 80% figure?

FAQ's - What views are available from the rooms?
Approximately 80% of all rooms have a Savanna View.
All Grand Villas have a Savanna View.
Approximately half of the Value Accommodations and Kilimanjaro Club Concierge rooms have a Savanna View. The rest have a Standard View, which includes a view of the pool, garden, or parking lot. While Savanna View or Standard View room categories are confirmed at time of reservation, please note that room view preference requests for Value and Concierge accommodations are noted but not guaranteed.
Most Studios, One Bedrooms, and Two Bedrooms have a Savanna View. The rest have a Standard View, which includes a view of the pool, garden or parking lot. While Savanna View or Standard View room categories are confirmed at time of reservation, please note that room view preference requests for Value and Concierge accommodations are noted but not guaranteed.

BTW I already asked wdrl, my DH, this same question and he said I should ask you.

TSMIII
01-26-2010, 10:43 AM
I'm confused. I thought I had read somewhere that 80% of the rooms AKV were savanna view. But so far Kidani is coming out with a much closer split. Per the member website, Jambo House is a near 50-50 split on views. I realize you are assuming some of the northern units are standard view villas. Where else would the standard view GV's be?

I found the following on the member website. I realize it's partially inaccurate since it says all GV's are savanna view but it does states that 80% of the villas are SV. Where do you think the DVD is getting the 80% figure?

BTW I already asked wdrl, my DH, this same question and he said I should ask you.

Well, my best guess is that since there are still 150 villas left to declare that there will be a sufficient number of those that will be Savanna view and thus tip the ratio to 80/20 in favor of the SV over the STD view.

But it remains to be seen. Especially if the Standard views in the northern segments were only recently classified as such. That would mean the 80% SV figure was originally based on a greater number of villas being SV than will be once all are declared.

TSMIII
01-26-2010, 10:52 AM

I looked a little deeper into the numbers from your post and found some other things to consider:

From the member website part of your quote I noticed they are only referring to the Value and Concierge rooms regarding the 50-50 split.

Approximately half of the Value Accommodations and Kilimanjaro Club Concierge rooms have a Savanna View

If you look at the map of Jambo, the majority are SV - actually 68% if I am counting correctly. parkinfo2go.com map of Jambo (http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5-large.html)

So, whatever the Kidani ratio finally is once all units are declared, we may need to combine those with the Jambo units to arrive at the 80% Savanna view figure that was quoted.

ETA: Sorry, I was using the wrong denominator above for Jambo percentages. I used the 134 villas in Jambo but counted the STD view as the dedicated studios plus locked off studios and corresponding 1BRs. The proper ratios are as follows:

No Lockoffs - 25 STD View, 109 Savanna View, 134 Total = 19% STD / 81% SV

All Locked Off - 43 STD View, 173 Savanna View, 216 Total = 20% STD / 80% SV

So Jambo House already has 80% Savanna View, we will see if Kidani Village follows suit!

WebmasterCricket
01-26-2010, 04:39 PM
So, for the lazy people (me), is there a map showing with a highlight or something which Kidani room sections we KNOW to be standard view so far?

DenLo
01-26-2010, 08:06 PM
I looked a little deeper into the numbers from your post and found some other things to consider:

From the member website part of your quote I noticed they are only referring to the Value and Concierge rooms regarding the 50-50 split.

Approximately half of the Value Accommodations and Kilimanjaro Club Concierge rooms have a Savanna View

If you look at the map of Jambo, the majority are SV - actually 68% if I am counting correctly. parkinfo2go.com map of Jambo (http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5-large.html)

So, whatever the Kidani ratio finally is once all units are declared, we may need to combine those with the Jambo units to arrive at the 80% Savanna view figure that was quoted.

ETA: Sorry, I was using the wrong denominator above for Jambo percentages. I used the 134 villas in Jambo but counted the STD view as the dedicated studios plus locked off studios and corresponding 1BRs. The proper ratios are as follows:

No Lockoffs - 25 STD View, 109 Savanna View, 134 Total = 19% STD / 81% SV

All Locked Off - 43 STD View, 173 Savanna View, 216 Total = 20% STD / 80% SV

So Jambo House already has 80% Savanna View, we will see if Kidani Village follows suit!

Thanks for all of your work. I guess I should have realized that more of the quote I gave would be inaccurate. Glad to hear that Jambo House appears to be 80% or more SV. And it looks like that Kidani will follow suit.

I've enjoyed all of your posts thanks for all the hard work.

wdrl
01-26-2010, 09:11 PM
On allears.net, there is as interesting trip report with photos from someone who stayed at Kidani (see http://land.allears.net/blogs/lauragilbreath/2010/01/kidani_village_at_animal_kingd.html). The first photo in this TR shows the view of the Pembe Savanna from a 1-bedroom villa on the north side of Kidani. The savanna is quite narrow in this view and the reporter states that there were few animals to see most of the day.

If this view is representative of the views along Kidani's outer-facing north side, then I can understand why DVD might classify the two GVs at this end as a Standard View.

LisaS
01-29-2010, 09:12 PM
On allears.net, there is as interesting trip report with photos from someone who stayed at Kidani (see http://land.allears.net/blogs/lauragilbreath/2010/01/kidani_village_at_animal_kingd.html). The first photo in this TR shows the view of the Pembe Savanna from a 1-bedroom villa on the north side of Kidani. The savanna is quite narrow in this view and the reporter states that there were few animals to see most of the day.

If this view is representative of the views along Kidani's outer-facing north side, then I can understand why DVD might classify the two GVs at this end as a Standard View.I scouted this out today and I believe the photos on allears show the same view you would have from the Std View GV. I took photos from the viewing window that is in between the two Pembe-facing GVs and the savanna is very narrow in that area, particularly in front of the GV nearest the lobby.

I got the impression from one of the CMs that only one of these two GVs is Std View. The Pembe Savanna begins to widen a bit in front of the other GV, plus due to the angle of the building you wouldn't be looking straight at the fence line from the balcony. However, if I booked a Sav View GV and got the one facing Pembe, I would be very disappointed. I hope his information was not correct and that both of them are considered Std View rather than just one.

There are fewer animals on Pembe but oddly enough, one of the okapi (supposedly shy animals) was hanging out in exactly this part of Pembe for over an hour today. Considering he was just 50-100 feet from the building, I was really surprised to see him there.

wdrl
01-29-2010, 10:54 PM
Confirmed through MS info provided above: Kidani will have 2 standard GVs (very end of the North wing) and they are not new units, meaning Kidani will have, effective 2011, 14 savanna view GVs and 2 standard.

I got the impression from one of the CMs that only one of these two GVs is Std View. The Pembe Savanna begins to widen a bit in front of the other GV, plus due to the angle of the building you wouldn't be looking straight at the fence line from the balcony. However, if I booked a Sav View GV and got the one facing Pembe, I would be very disappointed. I hope his information was not correct and that both of them are considered Std View rather than just one.

I hope drusba is right about there being two, not one, Standard View GVs. Perhaps DVCers who are booking this accommodation will report back on the disboards and let us know. By the way, I think the Standard View GVs will be extremely hard to book even for AKV owners.

LisaS
01-30-2010, 08:56 AM
I just want to correct the comments from MS. The Std View GVs are not the ones at the very end of the north wing. They are the ones at the end of the 7x50s building segment and the start of the 7x60s segment (the 6th and 7th segments from the lobby) on opposite sides of the viewing window in between those two segments. You can see the roof overhangs on the satellite photo. They face the Pembe Savanna. The three GVs at the very end of the north wing are on the Sunset Savanna and have a nice savanna view.

ETA: I didn't get the actual room numbers but would guess they are 7858 and 7860.

wdrl
03-15-2010, 06:35 PM
AKV sales continue at a fairly brisk pace. Since October 2009, when DVD raised BLT's base price-per-point cost to $120, AKV sales have outpaced those of BLT, but not by alot.

December is still the predominant UY at AKV but, in the last few months the emphasis has been on other UYs. Around the Holidays, DVD was pushing the February UY as a way for buyers to get "double" points (2009 and 2010 points in quick succession). Currently, I'm seeing more contracts with August and March as the UY.

If you look at the chart below, AKV has sold well over half of its estimated 7,400,190 points. Its been about two months since DVD made a Declaration of new Units for the membership. However, unless sales really pick up, I don't anticipate a new Declaration of Units at AKV for another 2-3 months. As of 3/11/2010, AKV has over 650,000 unsold points in its declared inventory, and it should take several weeks before DVD will need to replenish its supply of points.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/0001DO.jpg

dizfan
04-23-2010, 03:34 PM
I believe another declaration showed up for Kidani yesterday on the OCC.

Phases 107 (four units), 119 (2 units), and 120 (3 units)

Fitting that it showed up on Earth Day, which is also the Anniversary of Animal Kingdom Theme Park's opening (April 22, 1998).

DenLo
04-24-2010, 04:20 AM
I believe another declaration showed up for Kidani yesterday on the OCC.

Phases 107 (four units), 119 (2 units), and 120 (3 units)

Fitting that it showed up on Earth Day, which is also the Anniversary of Animal Kingdom Theme Park's opening (April 22, 1998).

:woohoo: More villas available for the holidays! If they haven't already been booked by cash reservations. Those pesky cash guests can book villas early in the year too and in January (until April 15th) Disney still owned these units.

Some pixiedust: to help any Kidani wait lists come through for other members.

wdrl
04-24-2010, 05:16 AM
As first noted by dizfan, DVD has declared more AKV Units for the DVC membership. The 20th Declaration contains 9 Units and each Unit contains 1 two-bedroom villa. Five of the villas are lock offs, and four are dedicated.

This new Declaration brings another 146,610 points into the DVC membership. DVD has now declared approximately 66.82% of the AKV resort for the DVC membership.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/000184.jpg

December is still the most common UY at AKV. However, for the past several months DVD has been selling a lot of contracts with February, March, and April UYs. DVD has used those UYs because it was offering 2009 points to buyers with those UYs. Now that we are in April, I'm seeing more contracts with a June UY.

I'll defer to TSMIII to track the number of villas still to be declared. But my estimates suggest that DVD still has 133 two-bedroom villas and 8 grand villas that have not yet been declared for the DVC membership.

wdrl
06-04-2010, 10:14 AM
AKV sales have slowed a bit over the last few weeks. After DVD raised BLT's cost per point to $120 in October 2009, AKV's sales were on par with those of BLT. Although DVD continues to offer a 100-point minimum buy-in at AKV, as well as "double" points (2009 points and 2010 points for some UYs), AKV sales are now trailing BLT sales by about a 2-for-1 margin. Since my last posting on 4/22/2010, AKV has sold about 56,000 points. By comparison, BLT had about 110,000 points sold in just the calendar month of May alone.

Since DVD is currently offering "double" points, the majority of contracts recently recorded with the Orange County Comptroller have been for the April, June, and August UYs. Now that we are into June, we'll see more contracts for the August, September, and October UYs.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/0001EW.jpg

wdrl
07-03-2010, 10:44 AM
June 2010 was a relatively slow month for sales at AKV. From May 29, 2010, to June 30, 2010, deeds recorded by Disney with the Orange County Comptroller show that 36,656 points were sold at AKV.

Based on the data I have collected, about two-thirds (66.82%) of AKV has been declared for the DVC membership. The last declaration was made on April 15, 2010, but Disney still has over 600,000 points that it has declared but has not sold. If the current rate of sales remains constant, it might take 16 months before the previously declared points are all sold. However, maybe just because I'm a big fan of AKV, I can't help but think that AKV sales will pick up in the months to come.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/0001Kt.jpg

wdrl
09-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Sales of AKV have really slowed over the past few weeks. In August 2010, only 128 AKV deeds totaling 18,076 points were recorded with the Orange County Comptroller. Since a two-bedroom villa at AKV has 16,290 points allotted to it, DVD sold slightly more than the equivalent of a single villa during the month. By comparison, DVD sold over 168,000 points at BLT and over 31,000 points at SSR.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/Spreadsheets/0001oD.jpg

As the chart above shows, about two-thirds of AKV has been declared for the DVC membership and almost 60% of AKV has been sold. The last declaration of Units at AKV was done on April 15, 2010, and DVD still has slightly less that 557,000 points that have been declared but still unsold. If the current pace of sales does not improve, it might be a very long time before DVD has to make another declaration at AKV.

As a big fan of AKV, I am amazed that sales are not better. I wonder if the Guides are not emphasizing AKV during the tours to prospective buyers.

Donald is #1
09-06-2010, 02:25 PM
As a big fan of AKV, I am amazed that sales are not better. I wonder if the Guides are not emphasizing AKV during the tours to prospective buyers.

Interesting thought! I wonder if they are emphasizing BLT & Hawaii over AKV these days.

jdg345
09-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Sales of AKV have really slowed over the past few weeks. In August 2010, only 128 AKV deeds totaling 18,076 points were recorded with the Orange County Comptroller. Since a two-bedroom villa at AKV has 16,290 points allotted to it, DVD sold slightly more than the equivalent of a single villa during the month. By comparison, DVD sold over 168,000 points at BLT and over 31,000 points at SSR.

Wow ... so SSR is selling at 2x the rate of AKV? Something just doesn't seem right there. And sales for BLT a whopping 9-10x, even at a higher point cost? What's the draw? :confused3

Perhaps their commission schedule is different per resort? As mentioned in the other thread, I'm hopeful sales pick up so we can get some more declared units. ;)

JimC
09-08-2010, 08:08 PM
...As a big fan of AKV, I am amazed that sales are not better. I wonder if the Guides are not emphasizing AKV during the tours to prospective buyers.

Two thoughts:

1. Possibly a combination of pricing incentives and dues are driving sales.

2. AKL supposedly suffered because of its location. Personally I don't have any problem with its location. Seems right where it should be -- adjacent to the AK theme park. But maybe that also affects sales for the villas here.

AKV707
09-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Sure AKV dues are higher than BLT and SSR, but they are not the highest on property.

In terms of location, it only feels far away. It is actually not far from Epcot or AK. DHS is a little further and MK is a whopping 18 minute bus ride and is the longest trek.

The slow sales could be a commission scale issue, or simply a lack of focus on AKV. It is my home, so I am biased. We love the place!

Quite frankly, with the difference between resale and direct prices, I am shocked that DVD is selling as many contracts directly as they are.

wdrl
09-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Two thoughts:

1. Possibly a combination of pricing incentives and dues are driving sales.

2. AKL supposedly suffered because of its location. Personally I don't have any problem with its location. Seems right where it should be -- adjacent to the AK theme park. But maybe that also affects sales for the villas here.

Regarding your thought #2:

AKV has always had the same location. If its sales had always been poor, then I could see that AKV's location is a factor in its marketability. But there have been times that AKV's sales have been very good. Keep in mind that AKV has sold about 4,389,000 points to date, and there have been many months in which AKV sales have exceeded 50,000 points. For example, in a 10 week period from 12/31/2009 and 3/11/2010, AKV sold 220,019 points. That averages 22,001.9 points a week. Now, AKV sales can't generate in a month what they were doing on a weekly basis just a few months ago?

I just wonder if the Guides are purposefully downplaying AKV to prospective buyers. Perhaps DVD has decided it really wants or needs to sell SSR points, and it markets SSR far more heavily than AKV.

JimC
09-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Agree. But could the brisk AKV sales have been driven by it being the newest resort, relative economic factors or pricing incentives in play at that time?

DVD controls the pricing and discounts -- so I suspect it plays a significant role in this.

It is an interesting question. But it would take a bit of analysis to get to some conclusions.

jdg345
09-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Sure AKV dues are higher than BLT and SSR, but they are not the highest on property.

In terms of location, it only feels far away. It is actually not far from Epcot or AK. DHS is a little further and MK is a whopping 18 minute bus ride and is the longest trek.

The slow sales could be a commission scale issue, or simply a lack of focus on AKV. It is my home, so I am biased. We love the place!

Quite frankly, with the difference between resale and direct prices, I am shocked that DVD is selling as many contracts directly as they are.

ITA!

And on the dues, it's not that big a deal imo. I know it's been a big selling point for BLT and seems to be a major part of the pitch, but at the cost of entry, I just don't understand how it becomes a deal breaker. :confused3

jdg345
09-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Agree. But could the brisk AKV sales have been driven by it being the newest resort, relative economic factors or pricing incentives in play at that time?

DVD controls the pricing and discounts -- so I suspect it plays a significant role in this.

It is an interesting question. But it would take a bit of analysis to get to some conclusions.

Do we know if the guides are commissioned differently based on resort? Could there be some sort of spiff involved? :confused3

dizfan
09-09-2010, 01:34 PM

Completely agree.

Correct me if I'm wrong, AKV sales were brisk earlier this year. I believe incentives put it at $96/point.
In June, they started offering OKW and SSR at $90/point.

July 1, AKV was raised to a base price of $120/point. Incentives brought it to around $112-115/point? Many people rushed to purchased AKV points before the increase. Those contracts take a few weeks to show up on the OCC, so OCC numbers should have been reasonable into late July.

July 1, SSR was raised to $95/point. While a higher price than the $90/point, but compared to the other non-"sold out" properties, that was a significant price difference.

As wdrl has pointed out, SSR sales are much stronger since they reduced the SSR pricing making it the lowest priced non-"sold out" resort.

For another reference of the impact of incentives/pricing...
Around Oct 2009, they raised BLT from $112 to $120 and increased the AKV incentive bringing the AKV price below $100/point. AKV sales increased, BLT sales decreased.

I'm sure AKV demand is increasing, but many people are likely waiting.
A 16% price increase from a just over 2 months ago, tends to keep buyers away.

gkrykewy
09-09-2010, 02:35 PM
For another reference of the impact of incentives/pricing... Around Oct 2009, they raised BLT from $112 to $120 and increased the AKV incentive bringing the AKV price below $100/point. AKV sales increased, BLT sales decreased.

I'm sure AKV demand is increasing, but many people are likely waiting.
A 16% price increase from a just over 2 months ago, tends to keep buyers away.

This is correct IMO. wdrl referenced a time this past winter/spring when AKV was outselling BLT. IIRC, this lasted about until DVD raised AKV to 120 with (essentially) price parity with BLT after incentives. Given the dues difference and longer BLT contract, this is a tough sell.

AKV sales can pick up whenever DVD chooses to have them pick up -- I could be interested in an add-on if they get aggressive with the incentives.

jdg345
10-24-2010, 11:21 AM
There is a rumor of a price increasing coming soon; perhaps they are trying to see if they can get folks who are undecided to jump off the fence?

Has anything else been declared? it's been 9 months since the last point release, no?

wdrl
11-03-2010, 01:43 PM
October 2010 was an extremely slow month for sales at AKV, about the slowest month since I have been watching AKV sales in the last 18 months. Only 69 new deeds and 9,434 points were recorded in October with the Orange County Comptroller. It wasn't that many months ago that AKV would have generated in one or two days the number of sales that were recorded for the entire month of October. SSR and OKW both sold more points than AKV; in fact, SSR (27,551 points) outsold AKV by about a 3-to-1 margin.

I believe that DVD is doing something on purpose to stymie sales at AKV. Perhaps it wants to sell some of its inventory at AKW and SSR, or it wants to finish off sales at BLT as quickly as possible. As an AKV fan, I have a hard time thinking that DVC buyers have no interest in AKV. Perhaps sales will pick up once BLT's base price increases to $130 and SSR's base price jumps from $95 to $120.

DVD has not declared any new Units at AKV since April 15, 2010. Since DVD has over 530,000 points in its declared-but-unsold inventory, I doubt that we will see a new declaration at AKV any time soon. To date, about two-thirds of AKV has been declared for the DVC membership.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/Spreadsheets/0001Es.jpg

dizfan
11-03-2010, 03:24 PM
wdrl thank you for the update.

shortypots
11-04-2010, 07:19 AM
Grr... I was hoping they would declare some so I could get the two days in AKV savannah view that I am waitlisted for Thanksgiving. Rats!!!

wdrl
12-03-2010, 09:12 PM
November 2010 was another very slow month for sales at AKV. With only 59 deeds and 7,985 points recorded at the Orange County Comptroller, November was the slowest month for sales at AKV since sales started in February 2007.

I'm optimistic that AKV sales will improve in December. Sales in the latter half of November were slightly better than in the first half. Also, with DVD increasing the base prices of SSR and BLT, AKV might be in a slightly better position in attracting buyers.

Since AKV has over 525,000 points that have been declared and not yet sold, it will be quite awhile before there is a need for DVD to declare any more Unit for the DVC membership.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/Spreadsheets/0001nu.jpg

wdrl
01-05-2011, 01:48 PM
December 2010 was another slow month for sales at AKV, but there are signs that sales should improve in the near future. In December, AKV sold 13,249 points, an increase of 65.9% over sales in November. In addition, most of points were recorded in the last few days of December. This bodes well for increased sales in January 2011 for AKV.

I suspect there is little chance in the near future of another declaration of AKV Units for the DVC Membership. DVD has over 512,000 points at AKV that have been declared but not yet sold. Even if monthly sales jumped to 50,000 points, DVD has a large inventory of points to work with before it needs to make another Declaration.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/Spreadsheets/0001gt.jpg

csharpwv
01-05-2011, 02:34 PM
We booked a 2BR and a Studio for 5 days in May 2011 and there was a TON of inventory available - the only thing we couldn't book was Club Level at Jambo - but other than that we could have 'picked' a Grand Villa of our choice HAHA at least that's what the lady on the phone said.

Anyway - it's not just AKV we could have booked what we needed at any resort except Beach Club.

ChiSoxKeith
01-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Thank you wdrl for publishing all the data and your analysis.

dizfan
01-05-2011, 06:10 PM
wdrl thank you for the update.
I agree with your analysis that January should be good for AKV.

There were two weekends in December (I think 11/12 and 18/19) where Doorway To Dreams honored the black Friday deals for AKV, SSR, and Aulani. Most of these contracts are likely to show up on the OCC in January.

With AKV having very good incentives for referrals, pricing difference are similar to the Oct 2009 your AKV numbers showed AKV was selling about the same as BLT.

wdrl
02-03-2011, 04:51 PM
The slight upswing in AKV sales that was seen in December 2010 strengthened in January 2011. Based on deeds recorded in January with the Orange County Comptroller, DVD sold AKV 43,808 points, which is about the same amount that was sold at AKV in the previous four months combined. Although BLT sold about 102,000 more points than AKV in January, there were a couple days at the end of the month where AKV sales matched or exceeded BLT sales. This has not happened since October and November 2009, shortly after BLT's base price was increased from $112 to $120 a point.

DVD has declared 66.82% of AKV for the DVC membership and it has sold about 60.48% of its total points. DVD has not declared new Units for AKV since April 15, 2010, and it has about 469,000 declared-but-unsold points in its inventory. But if sales continue to improve DVD may need to make another declaration within the next two months.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/Spreadsheets/0001c8.jpg

Donald is #1
02-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Interesting, I wonder if the guides are now emphasizing AKV more now.

wdrl
03-04-2011, 08:57 AM
In February 2011, DVD sold about 48,984 points at AKV, an increased of about 11.8% over January 2011. Sales at AKV have improved significantly since November 2010, when only 7,985 points were sold.

Another sign of increased sales at AKV is that DVD is beginning to draw points from Units that have been declared but unused. From July 28, 2010, to January 10, 2011, DVD did not need to use any new Units at AKV to support sales. Then, in January 2011, it started to use two new Units (#107A and #117D). Now, in February, it started to use four more Units (#106B, #106C, #107B, and #107C). Three of the new Units have the August UY and one has the October UY.

I expect that fairly soon DVD will make a new Declaration of Units at AKV for the DVC Membership. The last Declaration at AKV was made on April 15, 2010. Although DVD still has about 419,886 declared but unsold points in its inventory, it only has three Units that are declared but unused. dizfan and I have observed DVD's sales practices at BLT, and we have noticed that DVD likes to have several unused Units available to support its sales efforts. If demand for a specific UY exceeds available inventory, then DVD can roll out a new Unit with that UY. When the number of declared unused Units drops below five, then DVD usually declares new Units.

Although AKV sales are improving, it still lags far behind BLT. With 99,210 points sold in February, BLT outsold AKV by more than a two-to-one margin. It will be interesting to see what will happen in the coming months when BLT's base price jumps to $140 a point.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/Spreadsheets/0001kB.jpg

csharpwv
03-04-2011, 10:34 AM
I was on a 7 nights cruise on the Disney Wonder back in early February, and they didn't even make mention that Animal Kingdom Villas was still active in sales. They were selling Bay Lake Tower BIG TIME. I think they want to get Bay Lake Tower SOLD OUT.

Why they would work so hard to sell out a newer resort I don't know - It just doesn't make too much sense.

However, I think once the BLT sells out -they will be pushing big for both AKV and SSR.

ChiSoxKeith
03-04-2011, 10:39 AM
I was on a 7 nights cruise on the Disney Wonder back in early February, and they didn't even make mention that Animal Kingdom Villas was still active in sales. They were selling Bay Lake Tower BIG TIME. I think they want to get Bay Lake Tower SOLD OUT.

Why they would work so hard to sell out a newer resort I don't know - It just doesn't make too much sense.

However, I think once the BLT sells out -they will be pushing big for both AKV and SSR.

Because they are so close to selling it out, they just want to get it off the books. AKV, SSR, and AUL will get the hard press once BLT sells out.

wdrl
03-23-2011, 05:12 PM
On February 23, 2011, DVD declared additional Units at the Animal Kingdom Villas for the DVC Membership. The latest Declaration adds 260,640 points and 16 two-bedroom villas to the DVC inventory. The 16 villas are broken out into 8 lockoff two-bedroom villas and 8 dedicated two-bedroom villas.

With this latest Declaration, 70.34% of AKV is now available for DVC Members to book using their Vacation Club points. The remaining 29.66% is still owned by DVD and includes 117 two-bedroom villas and 8 Grand Villas.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/Spreadsheets/0001ll.jpg

Sales at AKV have improved since the start of 2011, and it appears that March 2011 should continue that trend. If sales continue to rise at AKV, another AKV Declaration should be needed before the end of this Summer. See http://dvcnews.com/forum/showthread.php?6601-Monthly-Sales-Data-for-WDW-Resorts for more information about sales at the DVC resorts located at Walt Disney World.

gkrykewy
03-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Woo, more units to book! Thanks for updating. It's interesting that AKV sales have seen a marked uptick despite no significant improvement in incentives and (seemingly) a continued lack of promotion. Has SSR seen a similar direct sales uptick over the same timeframe?

wdrl
03-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Has SSR seen a similar direct sales uptick over the same timeframe?

SSR sales were strong in the Summer and Fall, 2010, but dropped when DVD increased its base price from $95 a point to $120 a point. However, SSR began to rebound in February 2011 and sales have continue to improve in March. See the link in my Post #171 for more information on SSR sales.

gkrykewy
03-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Thanks!

DenLo
03-24-2011, 09:31 AM
. . . . . . It's interesting that AKV sales have seen a marked uptick despite no significant improvement in incentives and (seemingly) a continued lack of promotion. . . .

I think that the increase in sales at AKV are directly related to fact the $90 per point incentive is no longer offered for OKW. That incentive eroded the sales of AKV during it's offering period.

And I wouldn't be surprised that when people asked for a lower alternative to BLT the guides would suggest OKW when the $90 offer was available and now they are recommending AKV.

Monorail Purple&Gold
04-02-2011, 07:55 AM
Oh, how neglectful I've been!! :headache:

I think these are accurate, if not please correct me and send me accurate information. I really appreciate all those keeping this going!!

From the bottom up:

2nd Floor, no new declarations I could locate:

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/crowdwags/Kidani2ndFloor-1.jpg

3rd floor, no new declarations either, I think:

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/crowdwags/Kidani3rdFloor-1.jpg

4th floor, updated, again no recent declarations:

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/crowdwags/Kidani4thfloor1222.jpg

5th floor, majority of declarations in last year on this floor, only Section 111 remains undeclared:

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/crowdwags/Kidani5thFloor4211.jpg

Sorry to all! Having 2 young kids on top of everything pushes so much aside!

wdrl
04-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Thanks for updating Kidani's floor plans of declared Units. It looks like you have everything that was declared in the last couple of years.

And Welcome Back!!

DenLo
04-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Wow, a that's a lot of updates. MP&G. Thank you for updating the room maps. And welcome back to the boards!

wdrl
04-06-2011, 11:09 AM
AKV had its fourth consecutive month of improved point sales in March 2011. DVD sold 57,450 points at AKV, an increase of 17.28% over the previous month.

As of March 31, 2011, DVD has declared 70.34% of AKV for the DVC inventory. It has also sold about 61.92% of AKV's points to the general public. Since AKV has over 2.8 million points still to be sold, it may be several years before it will sell out. It will be interesting to see how DVD markets AKV once BLT is sells out later this year.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/Spreadsheets/0001XG.jpg

thereinertfamily
04-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the info and Hard Work

wdrl
05-05-2011, 01:06 PM
After experiencing increasing point sales for four consecutive months, AKV saw a decline in April 2011. It sold 33,773 points for the month, which was 23,677 points less than the previous month. Coincidently, SSR's monthly point sales increased by 23,911 points, almost the same amount as the decline at AKV. Perhaps that should not be surprising since SSR's base price is less than AKV's price even after current incentives are considered.

As of April 2011, DVD has declared 70.34% of AKV for the DVC inventory and has sold about 62% of its points. AKV had about 590,000 points that have been declared but unsold. Given the current rate of sales, I estimate there is little need for DVD to declare more AKV Units for the DVC inventory at this time.

I am curious if DVD's marketing strategy for AKV changes when BLT reaches its "sold out" phase later this year. In April, BLT outsold AKV by about a four-to-one margin and SSR outsold AKV by almost a two-to-one margin. Once BLT points become scarce on the direct sale market, DVD may be expecting buyers to shift their money to AKV.

More information about monthly sales at the DVC resorts is available at http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/financial/1570-april-2011-dvc-sales-analysis

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/Spreadsheets/0001f3.jpg

wdrl
07-07-2011, 02:05 PM
The ups and downs on AKV monthly sales continued for the month of June 2011. AKV direct sales improved in June 2011 from 19,348 points the previous month to 29,843 points, which is slightly above the monthly average for the past 12 months.

DVD has sold 4,665,108 points for AKV, which represents about 63% of AKV's 7.4 million points. However, that number does not reflect points that have been reacquired by DVD through foreclosures, ROFR, and other buybacks. Although the exact number of reacquired AKV points is unknown, it appears to be much larger than at BLT and might account for 2 or 3% of total sales. Of the 212 AKV Units from which DVD has sold points, 58 Units have had more than 100% of their allotted points sold. By comparison, only 23 of BLT's 212 Units have had more than 100% of their points sold.

DVD has declared 70.34% of AKV for the DVC inventory and the last declaration was made on February 23, 2011. Surprisingly, DVD has yet to use any of the Units from the last declaration to support sales. At BLT, a Unit or two from a new declaration seems to get tapped right away. Given the current rate of sales, there is little need for DVD to declare more AKV Units for the DVC inventory at this time.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/Spreadsheets/0001gj.jpg

wdrl
08-09-2011, 07:46 PM
In July 2011, perhaps due to a slow down in sales at Bay Lake Tower, AKV sales were up to 48,55 points, an increase of almost 63% from the previous month. It was the third best total in monthly sales for AKV in the past year.

DVD has sold about 63.7% of AKV's 7.4 million points. However, that number does not reflect points that have been reacquired by DVD through foreclosures, ROFR, and other buybacks. I am compiling data on AKV deeds reacquired by Disney Vacation Development and I hope to include this data when I update AKV's chart next month.

DVD has declared 70.34% of AKV for the DVC inventory and the last declaration was made on February 23, 2011. During the month, DVD started using three previously declared Units to support sales. These new Units were assigned the February, April, and September Use Years. December remains the most common UY at AKV, while April is the least common UY.

In July, the new DVC logo started appearing on some of the AKV deeds filed by DVD with the Orange County Comptroller. Interestingly, AKV is the only DVC resort that has deeds showing the new logo.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/Spreadsheets/00013z.jpg

huey578
08-10-2011, 09:09 AM
In July 2011, perhaps due to a slow down in sales at Bay Lake Tower, AKV sales were up to 48,55 points, an increase of almost 63% from the previous month. It was the third best total in monthly sales for AKV in the past year.

DVD has sold about 63.7% of AKV's 7.4 million points. However, that number does not reflect points that have been reacquired by DVD through foreclosures, ROFR, and other buybacks. I am compiling data on AKV deeds reacquired by Disney Vacation Development and I hope to include this data when I update AKV's chart next month.

DVD has declared 70.34% of AKV for the DVC inventory and the last declaration was made on February 23, 2011. During the month, DVD started using three previously declared Units to support sales. These new Units were assigned the February, April, and September Use Years. December remains the most common UY at AKV, while April is the least common UY.

In July, the new DVC logo started appearing on some of the AKV deeds filed by DVD with the Orange County Comptroller. Interestingly, AKV is the only DVC resort that has deeds showing the new logo.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/Spreadsheets/00013z.jpg
Thanks for the info, great job! :thumbsup2

ajf1007
08-10-2011, 03:07 PM
I agree - great job! Unfortunately, I don't understand it all, but it's so nice that you take the time to do it! So are July results good or bad?

wdrl
08-10-2011, 04:03 PM
I agree - great job! Unfortunately, I don't understand it all, but it's so nice that you take the time to do it! So are July results good or bad?

Overall, I think AKV's sales numbers for July 2011 are "good." Sales are better than the previous month, and July was one of the better months in the past year. Now that BLT's base price is $150 a point and sales are winding down at that DVC resort, it will be interesting to see if sales pick up at AKV.

You aren't the only person that has said they are confused by the all these numbers. I guess the most important number to look at is the one labeled "Total Declared." There is a percentage figure of 70.34%. This means that up to 70.34% of AKV is available for booking by DVC members using points. The rest belongs to Disney and cannot be used by members to book using their Vacation Club points. As more Units are declared for the DVC inventory, then members will be able to book more of AKV using their points. Eventually, 100% of AKV should be declared for the DVC inventory.

ajf1007
08-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Overall, I think AKV's sales numbers for July 2011 are "good." Sales are better than the previous month, and July was one of the better months in the past year. Now that BLT's base price is $150 a point and sales are winding down at that DVC resort, it will be interesting to see if sales pick up at AKV.

You aren't the only person that has said they are confused by the all these numbers. I guess the most important number to look at is the one labeled "Total Declared." There is a percentage figure of 70.34%. This means that up to 70.34% of AKV is available for booking by DVC members using points. The rest belongs to Disney and cannot be used by members to book using their Vacation Club points. As more Units are declared for the DVC inventory, then members will be able to book more of AKV using their points. Eventually, 100% of AKV should be declared for the DVC inventory.

I get it now! Thanks for laying it out for me, I understand now. :thumbsup2 Thanks again for the information! The more inventory declared for us, the better - more availablity! I'm subbing here so I can watch for next months. It really is so nice of you to do this. Thanks again for taking the time to do it.

Disneycouple99
08-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Looks like a new declaration was made on 8-18. 10 new 2 bedrooms,6 dedicated and 4 lock-off.

wdrl
08-20-2011, 04:32 PM
As noted by Disneycouple 99, Disney Vacation Development has declared more Units at AKV. On August 16, 2011, six more Units containing 10 two-bedroom villas were added to the Disney Vacation Club inventory. Six of the villas are dedicated two-bedroom villas and four of the villas are lock-off two-bedroom villas.

DVD has now declared 72.54% of AKV for DVC members to book using points. A total of 46 dedicated studios, 283 two-bedroom villas, and 14 Grand Villas have been declared. Still undeclared are 107 two-bedroom villas and 8 Grand Villas.

As of August 17, 2011, 64.29% of AKV's 7,400,270 total points have been sold to the public. However, this percentage does not include those points that DVD has reacquired from DVC members through foreclosure proceedings, exercising its right of first refusal on resales, and other buybacks. Sales have improved in August 2011-- probably due to Bay Lake Tower's sales slowing down -- and AKV is on pace to have its best monthly sales total in over a year.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/Spreadsheets/0001A7.jpg

wdrl
09-06-2011, 11:45 AM
In August 2011, DVD sold 84,864 points at AKV. Not only was it the best month for sales at AKV in more than a year, it might be the first time that AKV sales exceeded BLT sales since sales began at BLT in late 2008.

As of August 31, 2011, 61.9% of AKV's points have been sold to the public. Beginning with this month's report, the number of points sold reflects points that have been reacquired by DVD through foreclosures, ROFR, and other buybacks. In August 2011, DVD reacquired 17,513 AKV points. Since sales began in February 2007, DVD has reacquired a total of 219,667 AKV points.

On August 16, 2011, DVD made another declaration at AKV. With this latest declaration, 72.54% of AKV has been declared for the DVC inventory. This means that on any given Use Day, Members can book up to 72.54% of AKV using points.

During August 2011, DVD started using three previously declared Units to support sales. Two of these Units were assigned the March Use Year, while the third Unit was assigned the February UY. December remains the most common UY at AKV, while April is the least common UY.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/Spreadsheets/00018y.jpg

ajf1007
09-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Thanks!!:thumbsup2 Now that I understand the numbers, thanks to you, it's interesting and even a bit exciting!

wdrl
10-06-2011, 04:55 PM
In September 2011, DVD sold 61,129 points for AKV. Although September's sales total represents a drop of 28.0% compared to the previous month -- when AKV sold 84,864 points -- it still represents the second highest monthly total for AKV in over a year.

For the second consecutive month, AKV ranked second in monthly sales, trailing SSR but topping BLT. It appears that AKV's sales are benefitting from the price disparity between it and BLT: BLT's base price is $150 a point while AKV's base price is $120 a point. With incentives, AKV can be purchased for as little as $100 a point.

DVD has sold about 62.6% of Animal Kingdom Villas' 7.4 million points. That number reflects points that have been reacquired by DVD through foreclosures, Right of First Refusal, and other buybacks. In September 2011, DVD reacquired 10,728 Animal Kingdom Villas points. Since sales began in February 2007, DVD has reacquired a total of 230,395 Animal Kingdom Villas points.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/Spreadsheets/0001CN.jpg

Monorail Purple&Gold
10-29-2011, 07:09 PM
Here are the updated floor plans as of the August 2011 declarations of Phases 57 and 58.

2nd Floor

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/crowdwags/Kidani2ndFloor102911.jpg

3rd Floor

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/crowdwags/Kidani3rdFloor-1.jpg

4th Floor

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/crowdwags/Kidani4thfloor1222-1.jpg

5th Floor

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/crowdwags/Kidani5thFloor4211.jpg

Can't wait to be back "home" at WDW for Thanksgiving!!! Take care! :wizard:

DenLo
10-29-2011, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the updates!

wdrl
11-10-2011, 02:45 PM
In October 2011, AKV had 45,786 points sold, which placed it ahead of the sales for BLT (18,862 points) but trailing the number of points sold for SSR (91,655 points). Although October's total is slightly higher than the 41,200 points that AKV sales have averaged over the last 12 months, it is lowest number of points sold since June 2011 when only 29,843 points were sold.

About 72.54% of AKV has been declared for the DVC inventory. The last time additional AKV Units were declared for the DVC inventory declaration was on August 16, 2011. Since DVD has about 700,000 points that have been declared but not yet sold at AKV, there is little reason for DVD to make another declaration at AKV anytime soon.

DVD has sold about 63.3% of AKV's 7.4 million points. That number reflects points that have been reacquired by DVD through foreclosures, Right of First Refusal, and other buybacks. In October 2011, DVD reacquired 7,024 AKV points. Since sales began in February 2007, DVD has reacquired a total of 237,419 AKV points.

Unless new buyers request a specific Use Year, it appears that DVD is currently placing new master contracts in the June UY. The December UY remains the most common UY at AKV with about 35.1% of the declared points. The February and June UYs are a distant second and third with about 12.4% each.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/Spreadsheets/AKV-October2011.jpg

wdrl
12-21-2011, 01:28 PM
In November 2011, DVD sold 54,200 AKV points.

Now that BLT is no longer the focal point of DVD's sales efforts, AKV is seeing a resurgence in its sales. For the calendar year AKV sales have fluctuated, but the overall trend seems to be up. So far in 2011, AKV is averaging 47,976 points a month, which much greater than the last six months of 2010, when AKV averaged only 15,510 points in monthly sales.

At the end of November, DVD had sold 65.04% of the maximum number of points it can sell to the general public. This number includes those points that DVD has reacquired through foreclosure proceedings, exercising its Right of First Refusal, and other buyback reasons.

DVD has declared 72.54% of AKV for the DVC inventory. Since it has about 650,000 declared-but-unsold points in its inventory, there is little need for DVD to declare any more Units at AKV in the near future. Of course, that might change if DVD runs short of SSR points and AKV becomes the only Walt Disney World DVC resort that DVD can actively market while awaiting the commencement of sales for the Villas at Grand Floridian.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/Spreadsheets/AKVNov.jpg

wdrl
01-12-2012, 08:16 PM
In December, AKV recorded 74,587 points sold, the second highest monthly total it recorded in 2011. For the year, DVD sold 602,327 AKV points.

DVD has sold about 65.9% of the maximum number of points it can sell at AKV. This percentage reflects points that DVD has reacquired through foreclosure proceedings, exercising its Right of First Refusal, and other buyback reasons. It has also declared 72.54% of AKV for the DVC inventory. Since it still has about 586,000 AKV points that it has declared but has not yet sold, DVD may not need to make another declaration of AKV Units for several months if sales continue at the current rate.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/Spreadsheets/AKV12.jpg

wdrl
02-12-2012, 10:57 AM
In January 2012, 60,526 points were sold for Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas.

As of January 31, 2012, Disney Vacation Development has sold 66.66% of the maximum number of AKV points it can sell to the general public. This number reflects 260,144 AKV points that DVD has reacquired through foreclosure proceedings, exercising its Right of First Refusal on resale transactions, and other buyback reasons.

DVD has declared 74.96% of AKV for the DVC inventory. The latest declaration, which added 11 two-bedroom villas to the DVC inventory, was recorded on February 3, 2012, with the Orange County Comptroller. However, the document shows that DVD actually made the declaration effective October 27, 2011.

During January 2012, it appears that DVD offered the August Use Year to those buyers who did not request a specific Use Year. DVD started using points from three AKV Units during the month and all three were assigned the August UY.

It will be interesting to see if sales at AKV significantly improve in the next few months. DVD's supply of points for BLT and SSR is running short, and several sources have reported that they have been alerted by their Guides that they may be placed on wait lists if they want to buy points for those resorts. This will leave AKV as the only WDW-based DVC resort for new DVC members, at least until sales begin for the new Villas at Grand Floridian.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/Spreadsheets/AKVJan2012jpeg.jpg

bookwormde
02-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Yes with BLT and SSR sales likely to be substantial complete by late spring or early summer that will leave AKV as the primary WDW points until VGF sales opens up in late summer or early fall. I am surprised that DDC will let the inventory fall that low (less than 1.5m points). That is only 10 months supply at a reasonably brisk sales pace. If there were a delay in the ability to start sales at VGF, they could find themselves without certain UYs pretty quickly. It also shows that with only about 3.5m points at VGF they will have to have something else underway (either the project at Fort Wilderness or Poly) by no later the summer of 2013 or they may again begin to run short of points.
Yes I know Hawaii is still out there, but a lot of customers want an "at the park" locations only.

bookworm

wdrl
03-19-2012, 04:01 PM
In February 2012, Disney Vacation Development sold 67,610 points for AKV, 11.7% more than in January 2012.

Now that BLT and SSR are considered to be "sold out", AKV is the only DVC resort at Walt Disney World that DVD is marketing. Thus, it is expected that AKV's sales should improve significantly over the next few months. As of February 29, 2012, DVD has sold about 66.18% of AKV's total points and has declared 74.96% of the resort for the DVC inventory.

DVD has about 649,769 declared-but-unsold points in its inventory. If AKV's monthly sales increases significantly, DVD will need to declare more Units for the DVC inventory within the next two or three months. The last declaration of Units at AKV was made October 27, 2011.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/Spreadsheets/AKVContractsjpeg.jpg

dizfan
04-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Was that a new declaration (units 60 A-D and 61 A-F) on 4/4/2012 for Kidani?

12 two bedroom units.

fflmaster
04-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Will the declarations have any club level units in jambo?

There is just too few club levels for anyone to get them.

Disneycouple99
04-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Will the declarations have any club level units in jambo?

There is just too few club levels for anyone to get them.

Nope. Jambo is fully declared.

wdrl
04-09-2012, 06:27 PM
12 more two-bedroom villas were recently added to the DVC inventory at AKV. With this latest declaration, 77.60% of the AKV resort has been declared for the DVC membership.

More information is available here: http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/animal-kingdom-villas/news/1923-new-animal-kingdom-point-declaration

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/Spreadsheets/AKV04-04Dec.jpg

wdrl
05-09-2012, 09:02 AM
April 2012 was a very good month for Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas. In the month, 177,464 AKV points were sold, which is the most points sold for AKV since at least late 2009 when I began tracking sales. Among the nine DVC resorts for which I track sales (data is not available for VGC or Aulani), AKV was the sales leader, with Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort a distant second with 40,258 points.

Disney Vacation Development has sold 69.44% of AKV's points and has about 2.1 million more points it can sell to the general public. If AKV sales continue at the current rate (and that is a pretty big IF), AKV could be sold out in about a year.

During April, DVD made two declarations of additional points for the Membership inventory at AKV. DVD has now declared 80.25% of the resort for the membership, meaning that on any given Use Day members can use points to book up to 80.25% of AKV. The reminder of 19.75% belongs to DVD and can be used by it however it desires. The fact that DVD made two declarations in a month is highly unusual. DVD made only one AKV declaration in all of 2009, two declarations in 2010, and only three in 2011.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/Spreadsheets/AKVContracts.jpg

wdrl
06-08-2012, 11:06 AM
With 197,087 points sold, AKV had a very good month for sales in May 2012. The current "Buy 100 Points, Get 20 Points Free" incentive seems to be attracting a lot of new buyers and add-on buyers. It will be interesting to see how AKV sales adjust once the current incentive expires.

The December Use Year appears to be the default UY that DVD is selling unless a buyer specially requests another UY. DVD started using several new Units to support sales and most were assigned the December UY. That UY, by the way, is the most prevalent at AKV.

More information about DVC Direct Sales is available here: http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/financial/1975-monthly-sales-data-for-may-2012

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/Spreadsheets/AKVMay2012.jpg

wdrl
06-20-2012, 12:50 PM
On June 13, 2012, Disney Vacation Development declared the equivalent of 10 more two-bedroom villas for the DVC inventory. DVD has now declared 82.45% of AKV for the DVC. This means that on any given Use Day Members can book up to but not exceeding 82.45% of AKV using points. The remaining 17.55% of AKV is owned and controlled by DVD and not available to the DVC.

AKV sales have averaged over 117,000 points a month in 2012. If AKV's sales continue at that rate, then another declaration of Units will probably be needed before the end of this Summer.

mommyoftwo08
08-06-2012, 07:23 AM
Does anyone know how many standard units there are at Kidani? They used to break it down once they got declared, but I didn't see a post like that since 2010. Thank you in advance! I know I've seen the information somewhere!

wdrl
08-06-2012, 07:35 AM
Does anyone know how many standard units there are at Kidani? They used to break it down once they got declared, but I didn't see a post like that since 2010. Thank you in advance! I know I've seen the information somewhere!

I haven't tracked the breakout of villas by view category at Kidani, so I don't know how many vacation homes there are in the Standard or Savanna View categories at Kidani. If anyone has that information, I'd like to know it, too.

mommyoftwo08
08-06-2012, 08:18 AM
I haven't tracked the breakout of villas by view category at Kidani, so I don't know how many vacation homes there are in the Standard or Savanna View categories at Kidani. If anyone has that information, I'd like to know it, too.

Thank you! Hopefully someone knows. Just trying to determine if my studio waitlist would be better off at Kidani than OKW! You've been extremely helpful with the declared units!

wdrl
08-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas is the current focus of DVD's marketing efforts. In July 2012, DVD sold 151,802 points at AKV, the fifth consecutive month that AKV sales led all DVC resorts at WDW.

DVD still has about 1.64 million AKV points it can sell. If sales continue at their current pace, AKV could be sold out in less than a year.

In July, DVD made two declarations of additional AKV points for the DVC inventory. This is somewhat unusual, but it shows that sales are expected to be strong for the foreseeable future. To date, DVD has declared 88.63% of AKV for the DVC membership.

The December Use Year is still the predominant Use Year at AKV. But recently, DVD has been placing more new buyers in the February UY. Since May 2012, the percentage of February UY points has increased from 11.49% to 13.88%

More information about monthly sales can be found by clicking here (http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/financial/2036-monthly-sales-data-for-july-2012).

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/wdrl/Spreadsheets/AKVContract-July2012.jpg