PDA

View Full Version : Lost Vacation

Minnesota
03-21-2002, 06:43 PM
Well, sort of a bummer day for me. I was planning in addition to a 21st Birthday in WDW a Missionary trip to Costa Rica this summer. I found out today that it was cancelled so now I am left with a weeks vacation and no where to go. If I don't use it I loose it, Is WDW or DL good (for lack of other words at this moment) solo? any tips on how to do that with out spending a fortune? Let me know, I may have more questions later. I'm thinking WDW because I would feel comfortable and safe by my self but what about DL, I've never been there.
Thanks,
Minnesota:confused:

nativetxn
03-22-2002, 12:02 PM
There is a forum dedicated to Disneyland on the DIS. You might want to ask this question over there too :)

I have spent at least 7 days solo at WDW and had a ball. I did what <b>I</b> wanted to do <b>when</b> I wanted to do it. It was great. I enjoyed a character meal all by myself and the characters at Crystal Palace really paid a lot of attention to me. The server took my photo with the characters using my camera. I really enjoyed myself.

I rode TOT at MGM over and over again as well as RNR. Millionaire was a lot of fun as a solo too :)

At Epcot I just rode Spaceship Earth as many times as I wanted (I love that ride) and the worldshowcase was really fun because I could take my time in the pavilions that interested me and I didn't feel as though I needed to hurry up because dh wasn't interested because he wasn't there :)

I think WDW is perfect for a solo traveller. On the other hand, I think Disneyland would be great as a solo too. Not much help, am I? :D

Katholyn

Boots
03-22-2002, 08:45 PM
Sorry you aren't getting to go to Costa Rica. But I think a solo trip sounds like it would be fun! Doing what you want to do, when you want to!

DeeP
03-22-2002, 10:34 PM
WDW has a lot more to do for a week than DL due to the size difference. DL has the MK and California Adventure while WDW has 4 major theme parks, PI, Downtown Disney, 3 waterparks, Disney Quest, a lot of resorts to explore, 2 mini golf courses, a movie theater/complex, several golf courses, Disney World of Sports, the Boardwalk, bike rentals, boat rentals, horseback riding, etc.