irisbud
04-07-2008, 09:13 AM
Looking forward to reading the rest of your plans! Feel better soon! :wizard:

dawrobin
04-07-2008, 03:07 PM
bye

IndyBride
04-07-2008, 03:37 PM
your dress is absolutly beatufiul! Congrats on your engagement and your disney wedding! Can't wait to hear more!

irisbud
04-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Love the dress, it looks great on you. My e-ring looks just like yours! :)

lurkyloo
04-07-2008, 05:52 PM
I SWORE up and down I would not wear a "traditional" wedding dress.

Me TOO! And, well, you know how that turned out... :rotfl: Can't wait to see more pictures! :goodvibes

DecemberBride
04-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Hey twin, our dresses even look similar... btw, you look gorgeous. And so happy! I'm excited you started your Planning Journal!

lov2b@disney
04-08-2008, 07:51 AM
Your dress is beautiful! Congrats on your Disney Wedding!

Goldeelox9
04-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Fisrt I want to tell you I am very sorry about your mom. This May will be 5 years since my Mom passed away and it still seems unreal. Cancer sucks!

Now on to the fun stuff....Your dress is AWESOME! So pretty! I love it and can't wait to hear more wedding plans!

Keira1387
04-08-2008, 12:56 PM
I love your dress! Can't wait to hear all your details!

breathinforluck
04-08-2008, 01:00 PM
I love the dress. It looks beautiful.

Lynn5700
04-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Hi! I'm so sorry to hear about your mom,that's so sad :(

You look bautiful in the dress and I absolutely love it.I love the lace :) Congrats on everything,your going to have a beautiful wedding and be a beautiful bride.

dawrobin
04-08-2008, 07:38 PM
bye

BelleBride2011
04-08-2008, 07:56 PM
ooo i love the vintage look your going for with the hair and veil... my vote is for the half-cover... the last thing u'll want to be doing on ur wedding day is worrying about the kiss haha :rotfl2:

cn't wait to read more!

hiwaygal
04-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Hi Dawn...I finally got a chance to read your PJ.

You will make a very beautiful bride! That dress is really stunning!

Lisacope
04-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Wow! I love your dress!

DecemberBride
04-08-2008, 08:36 PM
I love the look of a half face one... I think it'll look super classy and no worried about the smooching! Easy access to the lips! :) I'm probably not having a veil either... if I do have one it'll be at the bottom of my hair, if I have it up, nothing over my face at all. I'm leaning towards hair down and a flower or hair pin... I totally agree with the veil thing being a bit silly, for me that is. You'll look lovely no matter what you choose.

Johanna

dawrobin
04-13-2008, 08:32 AM
bye

mla1977
04-13-2008, 02:07 PM
I understand your concerns about the weight of the dress, but I honestly cannot picture either type of bustle on your dress. It looks so beautiful the way it is.

boo2you
04-13-2008, 02:57 PM
You are going to be beautiful on your wedding day! I love that dress.

scootert
04-13-2008, 03:00 PM
I think your dress is absolutely beautiful. Do you have a way to carry the train easily throughout the day? If so you may be fine without the bustle. If not you might try a french bustle -- my stepdaughter had this type of bustle and it was great - not poofy at all. Love the fact that you're donating your dress -- so many people will benefit!

lurkyloo
04-13-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm just worried that your train is gonna get trashed on the wedding day and it'll show up in the MK pix (if you don't carry it over your arm all day). I kept my dress bustled the entire day except for the 30 minutes of the ceremony, and it was so nice not to have to think about it.

Bustling should only cost around $10 per connection, and a train that simple isn't going to need many connections. Mine only had 4. You could bustle it any time you're traveling between sites and leave it down the rest of the time maybe...

One thing you could do is have a wrist loop installed (there may already be one, too!). You'd have to carry the train all day, but it would look very elegant and be easier to deal with than bustling and unbustling.... :thumbsup2

dawrobin
04-18-2008, 09:44 AM
bye

BelleBride2011
04-18-2008, 09:50 AM
i love the brunette... i was a blonde myself b4 going brunette around christmas time... and i LOVED it... if u think its too dark, just give it a few weeks... mine has lightened up considerably!... but i think u look beautiful, it really makes ur eyes light up! i say stick with it

caryndisneydiva
04-18-2008, 09:55 AM
i died my hair nearly black after my wedding, it lightened up quite a bit in the following weeks. i think your hair looks great that color!

chiming in on the birdcage issue, how did we do the kiss: this is actually funny, mark said the minute he saw it, he was nervous about how he was going to lift it up, mine covered my whole face, well, he did lift it and that wasn't the issue (which wasn't really an issue at all really), it was difficult to get it back on, by the end of the day he was a pro, he just lifted up the bottom a little and whammo!

i hope you go with a BC veil. i think they are so beautiful!

i don't think you'll need a bustle, but you're going to have to carry the train on your arm so it doesn't get filthy, especially at sbp, which can never be sparkling clean since its outside!

lpizzuro123
04-18-2008, 10:05 AM
First I must say that I love your dress. I have just ordred mine but seeing you in your dress makes me want to go try it on.

Also, I think you look great with brown hair - it looks so heathly and shinney. I know what you mean about the blond thing. I have been coloring my hair since I was about 16. The only thing I would do to your hair if you wanted to was to add some very subtly highlights to it. I think the dark hair looks great with your eyes.

I also like the birdcage look - it would not work for me and my dress - but it would be great with yours.

Linda

irisbud
04-18-2008, 12:40 PM
Your hair looks great that color! It really makes your eyes stand out! I think that it will grown on you if you give it some time!

PS: not that it matters, but is that shirt you have on in that picture from Limited? If it is, I think I'm wearing the same one right now :)

DecemberBride
04-18-2008, 12:40 PM
I think you look unbelievably great as a brunette... now we're even more twins... as I have dark hair too! You should totally keep the gorgeous new color!

keenercam
04-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Wow! Sweetie, with your eyes, you are stunning as a brunette! I am so glad that you are here to have a PJ after having gone through chemo. :hug: What a joyous celebration your wedding day will be. The dress is absolutely stunning on you (oh, and on the bustle issue -- not that I know much, but I think the gown is so gorgeous and could be easily ruined dragging on the ground too much, so while I am usually the frugal one, I'd suggest spending a bit extra to have it bustled so that it will be as gorgeous and pristine at the end of the day as at the beginning :thumbsup2 ).

BaBeeCee14
04-18-2008, 01:39 PM
I love the dark hair! Like Cam and a few other ladies said - it really makes your eyes stand out. I say stick with it for a couple weeks and see if the color fades a bit, but I think it looks beautiful!

dawrobin
04-18-2008, 02:54 PM
bye

JaxTeach
04-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Just read through your PJ... My goodness, I felt like I was reading my own! Never thought I'd want to get married, hate living Florida, asked for a small, but perfect stone for my e-ring, got married at SBP in December.

I love your dress! It is beautiful and unique. We did a lot of walking along the boardwalk and it is filthy. We walked from SBP into the BWI and then from Epcot to BWI after our dessert party. The underside of my dress is so gross-- but it didn't show in our MK pics. They don't really take close ups so details like that don't show. I would suggest a wrist thing like Lurkyloo mentioned or having it bustled. My bustle at an independent seamstress was less than $50 (I had a 3 point French bustle).

Love the new hair color! I change my own frequently-- in fact I'm due to go tomorrow.

Good luck with the rest of your planning! A December wedding at WDW is the best!!

Lynn5700
04-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Leave your color!!! I love it!! It's gorgeous :) It looks natural and you should look natural on your wedding day!!!

if anything maybe put a couple highlights in your hair,maybe a caramel color,nothing too bright because your getting married in Dec.

IndyBride
04-19-2008, 01:16 PM
The darker hair looks great! Of course, I'm biased because I have brown hair and I LOVE it!

DecemberBride
04-20-2008, 01:05 PM
Dawn, we'll definitely meet up somehow. We extended our arrival and departure times as well... We arrive on Nov. 29 and leave Dec. 5... yay yay!

Goldeelox9
04-20-2008, 08:11 PM
I love the dark hair! It does make your eyes pop! Love it!

dawrobin
04-21-2008, 06:35 PM
bye

dizziedupbaby0127
04-24-2008, 10:07 PM
Ok one, your dress is gorgeous!!!! Two, leave your hair dark, it looks so pretty! Three your dog is so cute!!!! Four, I am getting married the SAME DAY!!! Thats so exciting! We are getting married at home on the 5th then going on a Disneymoon the 14th-18th at the Poly then going on a Disney cruise. Im trying to get df to extend our honeymoon so we leave the 12th after work, if we do we would just stay at an allstar till we move to the POLY.

Keira1387
04-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Your dress is beautiful! Your hair color is amazing! I think you should let your dog poop on that man's grass while he is away! That will teach him!!:rotfl:

DecemberBride
04-24-2008, 11:42 PM
twin... you're soo funny about your dog! Good for you for standing up for yourself! I think it's great your donating your dress. I might consider that, but i tend to get too attached to material items... hmmm... something to think about! Can't wait for more!

Tabetha
04-25-2008, 01:10 PM
Love your plans so far - and I agree, brunette really suits you! Your eyes really do stand out, and it looks great with your skin tone.

dawrobin
04-29-2008, 04:16 PM
bye

DecemberBride
04-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Yay yay... so happy for you! You'll look gorgeous no matter what!

keenercam
04-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Did you buy your dress today? :goodvibes I was thinking about how exciting that must be! I can't wait until it is my turn! :banana:

dawrobin
04-30-2008, 09:13 PM
bye

DisneyBrideToni
04-30-2008, 09:53 PM
I am going to buy my dress tomorrow!!! :banana: :cool1: :dance3:

I have lost a total of 19 pounds and I keep losing so I am buying it in a size smaller cause I do not want to have to alter it sizes down- I think the look of the dress changes with major alterations. And the fact I am normally not this heavy so it is not like I am losing weight just for the wedding. I am getting back to my "pre sickness and pre horrible eating habits" size.:rotfl:

I will probably take more pics to see it with my newly brunette hair, so if I do I will post them.

That's all- nothing else going on. Just excited to know I will have my dress order in. With my luck it would be discontinued or something if I waited much longer.:scared1:

Til next time!

Congrats on your weight loss!! I am trying to loose 25 pounds before my dress fitting in August. Your dress is beautiful!!

DecemberBride
04-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Hey twin! Can't tell you how excited I am for you and your GORGEOUS dress. It has a home! Don't be bothered with silly consultant woman... you have your dress! :cool1:

dawrobin
05-05-2008, 01:06 PM
bye

DecemberBride
05-05-2008, 02:11 PM
And in 2 weeks I will be in Disney at the Beach Club celebrating my DF birthday!!!! He will now be as old as me (28). :sad2:

Other exciting news- I am looking to make a life altering decision regarding my education and the path I want to take with my life and career. DF and I discussed it last night and he supports me 100000% and thinks I will get so much more fulfillment if I do this.

Stay tuned!

More importantly- 7 months from today I am getting married!!!:dance3:

So funny to think I never wanted to and now I am telling everyone cause I am sooooo freaking excited!:banana:

So happy for you! Let me know what you decide on education. I myself are continuing my education and it couldn't be more rewarding! keep me updated, twin!

dawrobin
05-12-2008, 06:13 PM
bye

IndyBride
05-12-2008, 06:24 PM
How exciting for you to have your dress!! How hard will it be to not put it on all the time?? :)

DecemberBride
05-12-2008, 06:31 PM
We really are twins! David's called me and said my dress was here a whole month early as well! I'm also picking it up tomorrow!! This is too funny! Congrats and can't wait to hear about your school decision! :hug:

dawrobin
05-13-2008, 07:28 PM
bye

IndyBride
05-13-2008, 11:27 PM
OH NO!!! I can't imagine how devastated you must be that your dress didn't come in perfect!! I got my dress through a local bridal shop but I am getting my BM dresses through DB. All these horror stories make me nervous. I hope that the next dress comes in perfect for you.

29apr00
05-14-2008, 08:32 AM
I'm so sorry about your dress!! I hope the 2nd one is perfect for you!! I'm going on saturday to order my dress, and i hope i don't have any problems!

Jennifer

newyearsbride
05-14-2008, 11:24 AM
I've had a similar experience with DB, but I hope it works out for you this next go-round.

dawrobin
05-14-2008, 11:40 AM
bye

DecemberBride
05-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Did you get your dress??? I hope it came out better than mine! I won't hear from the college til next when when I am on vacation (in Disney:wizard: ) so they said they will call. I am so excited!!

My dad went into the hospital yesterday... so, I rescheduled for this soming tuesday.... I hope my dress is okay...

dawrobin
05-14-2008, 12:03 PM
bye

irisbud
05-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Dawrobin, I hate David's :mad: . Sorry they screwed up your beautiful dress. Hopefully, they will get it right the second time :wizard:

DecemberBride, I hope all is well :wizard:

DecemberBride
05-14-2008, 12:34 PM
He has Melanoma, which he is beating... so not to worry. He just had to go in for a full body scan to make sure no bad cancer cells got into his lymphnodes again. He is fine, but I had forgotten that I had to go with him, so that's why I cancelled Davids. Sorry if I made anyone nervous... he's just fine! Thank you so much... you guys are great!:hug:

dawrobin
05-22-2008, 07:03 PM
bye

DecemberBride
05-22-2008, 07:09 PM
And we had some good and bad experiences at the Beach Club so I can update you guys on that if you are interested.

I'm staying there for the wedding, so please fill me in!

I'm so glad you liked both your officiant and hair... that must make you feel better. Now you don't have to worry about it on your wedding day! Glad you're back and can't wait to hear more...

shezfrombermuda
05-22-2008, 08:59 PM
I am glad you were happy with your hair. I had a hair and makeup trial with Ana and she was great. I was very happy too.

I am staying at the Beach Club too so I am interested to hear about your stay as well.

lov2b@disney
05-23-2008, 06:40 AM
Interested in the BC too! Leaving in 20 days!

Would love to see your hair pix- having Ana too!

dawrobin
05-25-2008, 10:20 PM
bye

dawrobin
05-25-2008, 10:27 PM
bye

DecemberBride
05-25-2008, 10:29 PM
Dawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look amazing! Ana did a great job, but you are so pretty anyway! I love what she did with your hair, you'll look fabulous!!!!! You look sooo skinny in your blue tank top! Congrats on the weight loss, girl! Proud of you... we're gonna be in trouble meeting up and going out in Disney when I'm married and you're almost married looking as good as we will... eeekk! :lmao:

keenercam
05-26-2008, 08:57 AM
WOW! You look gorgeous! I love the makeup look that is not overdone but emphasizes natural beauty. She really played up your absolutely beautiful eyes and smile. Very, very nicely done! :love: Oh, and I love your soft, romantic hairstyle. No one would ever know it was held in place by a can of hairspray. ;)

tazz23
05-26-2008, 05:53 PM
:bride: :goodvibes I love your hair and make-up, so pretty!

I just wanted to say that my mom also had pancreatic cancer and passed away in January this year, she battled it for 15 months :hug: It is the worse cancer, because many sufferers aren't even aware they have before it is too late :( I know I will probably be a wreck on my wedding day- I am just so grateful my Dbf got to know my mom before she died.

I wish you all the happiness and health in the world :wizard: :hug:

pjstevens
05-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Dawn,

Just found your PJ and love your dress, and the dark hair. I went dark two years ago and said I'd never go back to blonde. It does take a little getting use to, but boy, so much nicer looking. Can't wait to read more.

irisbud
05-28-2008, 11:46 AM
You look great!

newyearsbride
05-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Ana did such a WONDERFUL job! You look so beautiful!

PhilHarMaestro
05-29-2008, 11:24 PM
I know I'm way late on this reply, but...my sister had a rediculous (sp?) 8 foot train for her wedding and paid to have it triple bustled and then forgot to do after the ceremony. :confused3
I would just leave it, especially since it's not rediculously (that's right I can't spell) long. It's not like your going to wear it at your next wedding right? LOL Just kidding!
You paid for that train, enjoy it!!

PhilHarMaestro
05-29-2008, 11:35 PM
BTW: I mean no offense to those of you with a long train. In fact my dress is rediculously long and poofy...geez, I wish i could figure out how to spell check on this thing. Most embarassing of all... I teach in an elementary school!!!:rotfl2:

29apr00
05-30-2008, 07:54 AM
Ana did a great job! you look beautiful! Very soft and curly looking hair!! :thumbsup2 Is that how it's going to look for the wedding? I love to see hair down for weddings!

October Bride
05-30-2008, 08:18 AM
I can not believe i have only just found your PJ.

Your dress is sooo lovely.

I also have a pug, he is called george and he is my baby, i wish he couls come to our wedding but as we live in the UK its just not possible but i will miss him loads. :worship:

This is George
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg44/shianllywarch/shianphone064.jpg

dawrobin
06-03-2008, 01:25 PM
bye

dawrobin
06-05-2008, 04:44 PM
bye

lov2b@disney
06-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Hi Everyone! Thanks again for all the kind words :)

Soooo... I have some sad news. Sad as in wedding sad, not really sad in the grand scheme of things in life. Since DF and I are paying for the wedding, and now I am going back to school we decided to be responsible (bah!) and cut back on the unnecessary items. Those being the MK photo shoot and the 2 characters. That was pretty much the extent of the upgrades and we will save about 2.5k. We also reduced the hm by 1 night. Originally we were staying for 5 nights, then went up to 7, and decided to cut back to 6.

We plan to move to Colorado next year and we really do not want to deplete our savings for a wedding.

My dress is in- I got the call yesterday so I am planning to go pick it up tonight. Fingers crossed!!

Also, I am forgoing a lovely pair of Christian Louboutin shoes for a pair of the Davids Bridal variety. I wanted a touch of color so I think I am going to get the Marisa shoe dyed in the peacock blue so they can peep out from the dress now and again. I am going to get the quilted clutch in the color too to add a lil pizazz. I am not all matchy matchy so I think I iwll really like it. I would upload the pic but it won't work *tear*

Sumo playing fetch!!
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm40/dawrobin/IMG_2794.jpg

Til next time!

Sometimes responsible stinks:headache: I understand it though, we also paid our wedding ourselves and definately cut a few things because of it! But in the end I know it will be beautiful and our Disney Wedding Dream will have come true!:bride: And yours will too!:bride:

btw-cute puppy! :cutie:

pjstevens
06-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Sumo playing fetch!!
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm40/dawrobin/IMG_2794.jpg

Til next time!

sorry you had to cut a few things out, but still having the disney wedding is amazing!!! Love Sumo's photo!

DecemberBride
06-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Hey twin! You'll have a beautiful wedding and a fun honeymoon despite the cutbacks! I think thinking of school first is super important and it will be worth it in the end... then you can have Mickey and Minnie and your VR!!!!! :lmao:

dawrobin
06-05-2008, 06:04 PM
bye

IndyBride
06-06-2008, 01:46 AM
Oh sad about no characters! But, at least you won't regret it come tuition time!!

dawrobin
06-09-2008, 11:53 AM
bye

dawrobin
06-12-2008, 01:40 PM
bye

jessesgirl-080708
06-12-2008, 01:56 PM
I think we have the exact same ring!!
Everyone always asks me why I wanted Tiffany's, because I could have gotten something bigger somewhere else.. they just don't get it.
Like you said, its small, but perfect.
I have a pic up on my PJ of my ring as well! I made DF unwrap the bow from mine, my hands were shaking to bad!!

Love your dress too! I tried that one one! Looks great on you!

IndyBride
06-12-2008, 06:50 PM
We are going to wear the same shoes! Only I'm getting them dyed posie which is a lavender color. I think those shoes are super cute and a good price!

dawrobin
06-25-2008, 09:07 PM
bye

DecemberBride
06-25-2008, 09:16 PM
So I just booked Misty Miotto today and I am sooo flipping excited!

That is all :banana:

Yay twin! Can't wait to see pics!

hmgolden
06-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Congrats on booking Misty!

I can't wait to see which Tiffany & Co. wedding bands you picked out. My engagement ring is from T&C, but my wedding band is not. Some day, I'll get the 'upgrade' that DH has promised me. I love their stuff :)

dawrobin
06-25-2008, 09:32 PM
bye

dawrobin
06-26-2008, 01:58 PM
bye

DecemberBride
06-26-2008, 02:02 PM
We are going to get rose petal mesh sachets for each guest on their chair for a staged exit since I looove lurkyloo's rose petal toss pics. We are having a burnt orange and a royal blue delphinium mixed in so both our colors will be incorporated.

I also decided to pay the extra $15 and have a little royal blue delphimium incoprated into my boquet of orange calla lillies and they will be wrapped with royal blue ribbon.

I am getting so excited!!

Isn't Rosie, awesome!

Sounds awesome and beautiful, Dawn! YAYAYAYAYAY! :cool1: