PDA

View Full Version : Johanna and Dustin's SBP adventure! 6/23/08 No more swag at SBP

DecemberBride
04-06-2008, 12:09 AM
I'm very excited to finally begin my planning journal. I'm new to all this and have no idea how to post pics or anything! So until someone volunteers to help me out (pretty please!) I'll just explain how a Disney Wedding came to be!

I'll start of by how I met my DF. When I was in high school my friends and I would go to the local pizza place after softball practice. We knew how cute the cooks were and as silly high school kids we were hoping to catch their attention. Well, Dustin was a cook there at the time and we met eyes one day and that was it... Seriously. lol. We have been inseperable ever since. That was in 2002 and now we have a three year old son and one and half year old twins (a boy and girl). We're a bit unconventional having kids first, but we were just taking our time in deciding when and where to tie the knot.

Since we had already had our kids and knew that it was just a matter of timing before we got married I don't really have an engagement story. It kinda happened like this... Me: How would you like to get married in Disney World? Dustin: Sounds fun? Can I choose where and what we get to eat for the reception? Me: Absolutely. Dustin: Well then, I guess we're getting married at Disney World. Me: Yup.

So that's my engagement story. :rotfl: We're not very mushy lovey people, so it worked out great. No engagement ring, just a promise ring from freshman year of college, but there are hints of one coming! YAY!

Anyway, this was about a month ago that we decided Disney it was! I, by the way never thought of having my wedding any other place. It was always going to be at my favorite place on earth! So, I called to ask about availability for December, 2008 because I loved Florida weather at that time of year and I've never been to Disney during the holidays. After going back and forth on dates with Brie (she's great :thumbsup2 ) from Disney weddings, we decided on Decemeber 1, 2008 at 5pm at Sea Breeze Point. We're having an escape wedding and coordinating our own reception at Shula's at the Disney Swan. We wanted to make sure there was no transportation involved, just our feet and I think it works out perfectly.

Yesterday I made our hotel reservations at the Beach Club for the first two nights and then our honeymoon (sounds silly saying that after having kids)will be at the Wilderness Lodge. Kids are going to Grandparents for the days following the wedding, so Dustin and I can really just have fun without strollers and naps! Love our kids, couldn't picture life without them, but Mommy and Dadyy need a vacay! :laughing:

And that's where I am now, awaiting my contract! I've been looking at dresses and all the other goodies that come along with planning a wedding, so when I learn how to post pics... I will!

I want to add that I enjoy EVERYONE's trip/planning journals and want you all to know how much great advice I've recieved and how much this had made my planning just a bit easier. You all are great!

Looking forward to posting more soon! :surfweb:

dakcp2001
04-06-2008, 12:19 AM
Congratulations! So far it sounds pretty fantastic! Sea Breeze point is beautiful, its the one we are leaning towards choosing!

How is it working with Shulas? I am thinking of using them as well!

I think December will be AWESOME! Everything will be decorated for the holidays, so you will get some spectacular pictures!

Have you seen the Osborne Spectacle of Lights? UNREAL! The first week of December is typically pretty slow, thats the week we go to Disney every year, just gotta find out when the Pop Warner kids will be there, they tend to all stay at the All Star Resort, you might want to steer your guests away from that one if its the same week.

I am looking forward to hear more about your planning!

DecemberBride
04-06-2008, 01:00 AM
Thanks for reading! So far it's been great working with Shula's. They are super nice and wanting to help. We chose them because I was having a hard time with private dining at the Disney Resorts. They all had $2000 and up minimums, which is fine because we were planning to pay that for the convenience of a private room, but it was getting complicated. Plus, we're staying at the Beach Club, getting married at SBP, and we wanted someplace within walking distance... voila... THE SWAN. Fate intervened on this one and I couldn't be happier.

I have never seen the Spectacle of Lights, but DF and DS (Brandon, 3 years old) did two years ago. So, I'm excited to be there that time of year!

When are you planning on getting married?

dawrobin
04-06-2008, 08:27 AM
I can't wait for more!!!!!!!!! I am going to start a thread soon too once I figure this stuff out too. We will learn along the way together!! :goodvibes

I am so excited for you! Keep the new info coming. As I am sure you know we LOOOOVE thsi stuff.

I hope we can meet up in Disney since you will be u pthere when I am.:hug:

dawn

dawrobin
04-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Have you eaten at Shula's? It is to die for! Everything is awesome there so your guests will enjoy it so much!

DecemberBride
04-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Dawrobin,

I haven't ate there yet, but my family is a steak eating family, so I'm sure we'll fit right in. I'm glad for the good review though! It eases my mind a bit! We'll definitely meet up... I can't wait to put a face to a name!

DecemberBride
04-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Yay, yay, yay! party: Who knew I would be this excited over a pack of papers! We're going to send it out tomorrow or Tuesday and then the waiting begins............. Hopefully only two weeks until I hear from a coordinator. My main thing is if I can change the look of the cake slightly without it being too much money... I'm just not sold on the look of the one that comes with the package. To anyone who has had an Escape Wedding... was the cake nice? Also, how about flowers for our bouquet, can we change them at all or do we have to stick to what is on the Wish Book? Am I asking questions that will probably be answered for me by my coordinator... I thought so.... :rotfl:

I'll post again when I get more info from Disney..... Bye for now!

cp_princess
04-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Decemberbride great start on the pj! It sounds like you have so much planned already which is great. I know I've gotten most of my stuff together while waiting for different Disney milestones to get here and I think it makes things go so much smoother so that when Disney does get in touch at different times you can just ask your questions and run with it you know? Hopefully we'll all get to meet up while we are all down there it sounds like it could be a great time!

Christine princess:

Keira1387
04-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Congrats on getting your LOA!!! How exciting!!

lov2b@disney
04-07-2008, 07:52 AM
Congrats!:woohoo: Cant wait to hear all about your plans!

We too are going about things a little upsidedow: backwards! Our DS is 2! Better late than never I guess!

DecemberBride
04-07-2008, 08:05 PM
I have learned how to post pics from my twin on this site, Dawrobin and lurkyloo. Thanks girls!

So, today I booked my room and signed my contract for my private room at the disney Dolphin, at Shula's steakhouse. I'm very excited... Everything is coming together regarding to dates and times, so that's good news.

On the other hand, I have no idea about dresses, flowers, shoes, invitations or hair. I will post some ideas I have... beware, lots of pics. Oh and also my colors hot pink and light pink. So keep that in mind when looking at pics!

DecemberBride
04-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Here are the invites!

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/stripes.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/burstofcolors.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/bubbles.jpg

My hair is still up for discussion. I want it up, but everyone says it looks better down. Here we go with two ideas... plus I'm not sure if I'm having a veil or not. Might just be flowers or a comb.
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/upwithflowersandveil.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/curlydown.jpg

And finally shoes... if I'm having pink in the wedding, my shoes will be pink... lol. I demand it!
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/pinkshoes.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/silversandals.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/bowshoes.jpg

So, that's it so far... let me know what you think. Oh, I have to find pics of the guys suits, but their either khaki or blue with either aqua or pink ties...

dawrobin
04-07-2008, 08:25 PM
I love the pics :thumbsup2

OK here is what I like:

The 2nd BM dress. Cause to me it really is a dress I would wear again.

The calla lilly bouquet, but that is what I am doing in orange so I may be biased ;)

I like the first shoes. If you are keeping it casual I think they will be perfect.

I feel prettier with my hair down and i think it is less "formal" than an updo so I think that works for your look you seem to be going for.

I also like the first wedding dress you posted. With long flowing hair and minimal accesories it will be beautiful.

Either way you go, I am sure you will be beautiful!!!:bride:

DecemberBride
04-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Dawn,

We're totally on the same wavelength... do you realize our dresses are similar, but yours is a halter? By the way your dress is gorgeous! I love it. Is your color orange? Or just your flowers?

dawrobin
04-08-2008, 07:54 AM
Hi ya Johanna,

I do not have any bridemaids or anything. So I don't have a true color theme. I LOVE orange so DF and I wanted the flowers in those colors. I am incoporating some yellow for my mom, but I also love champagne so my invites will be that color. That is pretty much it. I guess I don't really have colors since I have no bridal party.

DecemberBride
04-08-2008, 11:56 AM
dawn, how many people are coming to your wedding?

Goldeelox9
04-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Hi! Welcome tot he DIs Boards! I LOVE the first wedding gown you picked!

dawrobin
04-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Johanna- I have exactly 18 guests right at my max. I don't have a bridal party really. No MOH or BM. My niece and nephew will be the extent. He is 3 and will be the ring bearer and she is 5 and will be the flower girl.

How many guests do you have? Is your son going to be in the wedding?

Keep the updates coming!

DecemberBride
04-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Hey dawn,

I too have the 18 max for guests... it's a good number I think, for me. It's small enough for as less stress as possible and also friends and extended family don't get their feelings hurt because they understand how small it is. We're still debating an at home reception when we return.

My son might be the ring bearer, but he's a bit rambuncious (sp?) so it's up in there to see if by the wedding roles around he's calmed down. lol. Our twin daughter and son will be two, so they might just sit with my parents... unless we decide to do something that includes all three of them in the wedding. I don't know what it could be, but I have time to figure it out... hopefully.

Johanna

DecemberBride
04-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Goldeelox, thanks for the welcome. I love the first dress. I'm no where near how skinny that model is... a really really far cry actually, but i think it would still be flattering. I'm debating a pretty, colorcoordinated shawl to wear since I'm not fond of my upper arms. I saw a cute style on a model months ago and it looked classy and elegant. So, that's always a possibility. Thanks for the comments, they are needed and appreciated!

Congrats on your Cruise wedding! Sounds fun. I'm actually about to read your planning journal now! It's so fun!

Johanna

Lindsay22
04-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Hi and Welcome!!!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first dress. Love it. I also love the second BM dress (I'm obsessed with Jim Hjelm) and as a PP said, that's a dress you could wear again.
I will also be wearing pink shoes, unfortunately DF is FIVE inches shorter than me, so I will be wearing flats.
My sister Caryn (Caryndisneydiva) wore fabulous pink shoes to her reception, she got them at David's Bridal.... I think they were the Marissa shoes.
Everything looks great!!!

DecemberBride
04-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Lindsay, I love the first dress too! I can't wait to go try it on! I read your sisters reports, but I should go back and take a look at her shoes! I love pink! Are you counting down the 2 weeks until you can call for your date? So exciting!

DecemberBride
04-11-2008, 10:41 PM
So, I've decided that after three kids I've done my share of weight gain, so I've called Jenny Craig and I'm ding their pre-packaged food. I want to look killer for my wedding, not mom killer, but killer! :goodvibes

My MOH and I are still debating dresses. We're hooked on JCrew and Ann Taylor who both have celebration dresses. They are gorgeous. I'm still up in the air on colors, so no progress there. My mom and I are going dress shopping on Thursday... so hopefully I find something I like. I saw how Caryn had her bridesmaids shawls tied and I looooooooved how it looked. So, if I don't have my arms in shape the way I want them at least I have a great backup plan.

Still waiting on a planner, but Gina said it would be soon. I called her for a question... no haglling for a planner... I swear!

I'll post more when I go dress shopping... in the meantime I've been enjoying everyone's planning journals! :surfweb:

Goldeelox9
04-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Good Luck with Jenny Craig....My DF and I joined Weight Watchers this week so we can get Hott too!;)

MainStMandy
04-12-2008, 10:47 AM
So, I've decided that after three kids I've done my share of weight gain, so I've called Jenny Craig and I'm ding their pre-packaged food. I want to look killer for my wedding, not mom killer, but killer! :goodvibes

My MOH and I are still debating dresses. We're hooked on JCrew and Ann Taylor who both have celebration dresses. They are gorgeous. I'm still up in the air on colors, so no progress there. My mom and I are going dress shopping on Thursday... so hopefully I find something I like. I saw how Caryn had her bridesmaids shawls tied and I looooooooved how it looked. So, if I don't have my arms in shape the way I want them at least I have a great backup plan.

Still waiting on a planner, but Gina said it would be soon. I called her for a question... no haglling for a planner... I swear!

Oh, and I'm very excited that Disney is going to have different cakes to offer Escape Brides now! :cheer2: YAY!

I'll post more when I go dress shopping... in the meantime I've been enjoying everyone's planning journals! :surfweb:

So this is my first post on this board...I am a HUGE lurker! Someday I kinda hope to be a Disney bride...long story. For now I enjoy reading all about yours!

Congratulations! Everything looks beautiful, I love the first dress you posted!

I wanted to let you know that we have Jenny Craig thread on the WISH board you should come join! I am a Centre Director for Jenny Craig and the girls over there are great!!

DecemberBride
04-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Could you direct me to the wish thread... I'd love to be able to join. I am a bit nervous to start, so it's nice to hear from someone that knows what it is all about.

Johanna

MainStMandy
04-14-2008, 06:38 AM
Sure! Just go to http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1571623

DecemberBride
04-17-2008, 08:38 PM
A lot has happened this week. As I said I went on Jenny Craig, which was exciting. The food is really good and it's an easy program to stick to, so I don't foresee any hiccups, but you never know, which is why I found my wedding dress today!!!!!!!! :cool1:

Here in Miami we have a really cool shopping district for wedding gowns called Miracle Mile... it's shop after shop after shop. So, my mom and I went there today to look for styles that I might like. A lot of the shops didn't carry my size, which was okay because I knew their samples wouldn't be there I was just browsing for ideas, right? Noooooo... I wanted to go to David's Bridal on Miracle Mile because I knew how nice people had said it was and they would carry my size and have alot of selection... so off we went. My dress was the third I tried on at David's. It was crazy how fast I found it. I just knew as soon as I got into it. It makes me look skinny now.... I can only imagine how it will look when I get skinnier and have it altered. I'm so damn excited!!!!!!!! :banana:

So, I bought everything but shoes there. My undergarmets and crinolin (sp?) and veil... I didn't think I was going to have a veil, but it really completed the look. Since my mom and I weren't expecting to buy anything we didn't even bring a camera... so, no pics of me. But the dress comes June 12, so I will try on and take pics to post. If anyone wants to see the dress it's style #9E8787 at Davidsbridal.com. It's not letting me post a great picture of the dress, so it's on the website if you're interested. I'm getting it in Ivory and champagne for the contrast draping. My veil is ivory with champagne coloring on the edges. If you saw the flower on the dress, I'm probably going to change it to another flower that I like a bit better, but I like the flower it comes with, so not sure yet! :confused3

And that is how I came to find MY DRESS!!!!!!!! YAY. Also, something exciting I got my wedding coordinator. She is wonderful! I guess that's all for now! I will check in and report soon... next up shoes and invitations.... wish me luck! Oh, and my bridesmaid dresses!

dawrobin
04-18-2008, 09:47 AM
That dress is going to be beautiful on you!!!!!!!!!!!

DisneyBrideToni
04-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Hey dawn,

I too have the 18 max for guests... it's a good number I think, for me. It's small enough for as less stress as possible and also friends and extended family don't get their feelings hurt because they understand how small it is. We're still debating an at home reception when we return.

My son might be the ring bearer, but he's a bit rambuncious (sp?) so it's up in there to see if by the wedding roles around he's calmed down. lol. Our twin daughter and son will be two, so they might just sit with my parents... unless we decide to do something that includes all three of them in the wedding. I don't know what it could be, but I have time to figure it out... hopefully.

Johanna

Your PJ sounds great so far! Can't wait to see more. I saw your max number of guests as 18. I was supposed to have an escape wedding with my 18 guests. When I told everyone I was going to Disney to get married my guest list jumped from 18 to 32....lol. From Escape to Wishes but I am happy they are all going. Don't tell anyone where you are getting married!! If the people you know are disney freaks like my family and friends you are in trouble!! :rotfl:

DecemberBride
04-21-2008, 11:51 PM
disneybridetoni, It was so hard deciding on an Escape not Wishes ceremony. I wanted everyone to be included, but I knew it wasn't for me. 32 is a great number though. Small enough, but big enough to have alot of fun!

DisneyBrideToni
04-22-2008, 12:01 AM
disneybridetoni, It was so hard deciding on an Escape not Wishes ceremony. I wanted everyone to be included, but I knew it wasn't for me. 32 is a great number though. Small enough, but big enough to have alot of fun!

Yeah that is what we thought too. We still could have more but you have to draw the line somewhere!! ;)

I think the Escape weddings are so romantic and intimate. That is why I wanted one.

DecemberBride
04-22-2008, 01:50 PM
I've decided to go against the color aqua as a part of my colors. I love the color, but it's more summery and beachy. I'm on a lake in winter... so it's not for me! I've decided to go with champagne and pink as my colors. I have a champagne accent on my wedding dress, so my bridesmaid is getting her dress in the same color or pink. We're going to have similar bouquets of pink roses. btw, did anyone do newsletters for Escape Weddings? Did you feel it was necessary for that small a group of people? Thanks...

In other news... I lost 7.2 pounds after my first weigh-in with Jenny Craig! Super excited!!!!!!!!!!

Till next time... :surfweb:

DecemberBride
04-22-2008, 02:44 PM
I just got off the phone with my coordinator. She is so awesome! I didn't know whether or not they did the Save the Dates or not, so I asked and she said it was only for Wishes that they send them out... oh well. Now, I'm stuck because I think I might want to make my own.... any ideas?

Goldeelox9
04-23-2008, 12:19 PM
Great job on the 7 pounds gone! Just think about how much a five pound bag of potatoes weighs...I love 7 pounds this week too and I knept thinking of losing more then a bag of potatoes...LOL:goodvibes

DecemberBride
04-23-2008, 12:42 PM
That's a great way of looking at it.... at the end of all my weight loss I should gather 10 bags of 5 pound potatoe bags and try to carry that around!

dawrobin
04-23-2008, 02:50 PM
:thumbsup2 That weight loss is awesome!!!!! Keep it up :)

I did STD from magnetstreet.com. I loove the magnet ideas so much and since I am incredibly uncreative I couldn't figure out a way to do them myself. I am missing whatever gene caryndisneydiva has!:rotfl2: I WISH I could be half as creative as that!

I'll try to take a pic of the STD I chose and send it to you. The only issue is the lowest quantity I could order was 50 but I really liked them!

Can't wait to hear more!:surfweb:
dawn

DecemberBride
04-23-2008, 06:04 PM
dawn, thanks! I'm totally missing the creative gene too. My mom is not though, so maybe we can come up with something and she can put it together. We'll see. I went to magnetstreet.com and looked around, so I'd love to see a pic of what you picked!

DecemberBride
04-28-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm going to update my PJ even though it's not too exciting, but i wanted to let the people that read this know that I'm now very nervous about posting anything on here. Ever since a few days ago when people have become concerned with private info... it has been bugging the hell out of me. I know that there are weirdos out there, but why would they pick a wedding forum to lurk at? :confused3 I mean, it's just a bunch of friends sharing stories... Anyway, I just don't know if I'm giong to keep posting because it's making me nervous now... oh well. I guess we'll just play it by ear.

I've made my first newsletter and picked up Disney Park brochures from AAA. I'll include one with each newsletter. I'm also picking up stamps tomorrow and hoping they have disney themed ones.

I'm still looking into Welcome Bags and favors. I want them to be unique and something they will enjoy, not something they will throw out.... any ideas? I'm also waiting to see what the deal with cake upgrades for Escape weddings are or are they offering more choices by the time of my wedding.

I still need shoes for my dress, get the men to find and buy their light colored suits they will be wearing, get my MOH to try on her dress and order it. I need to pick invites and order them, plus in about month I need to make Dining reservations... for an Escape Wedding I thought I'd having nothing to do. :rotfl:

Jo

dawrobin
04-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Hey lady- I think as long as you keep out details (last names etc) this is fine. Some people are crazy but if they don't have those details, you will be fine :thumbsup2

I remember seeing a news show on myspace and facebook and how employers and potential employers were looking at those to get an idea about the character of the person. As long as you don't come one here and start posting nudie drunken pics of yourself I think you will be fine. I know it will be tough to resist since you are kicking *** with the weight loss !!::banana:

I don't think I am doing welcome bags. My people are getting an expensive a** dinner so I can't afford to do bags and favors. I think for a favor we are going to do a Disney ornament per couple. We aren't going to have them personalized- we think people will just remember where they got them. I mean we are only inviting closest family so they better well remember! :rotfl2:

Once I hear any cake news I will let you know. My WP is still waiting for the final info. I am sooo excited to see what the options are.

You better not delete your PJ!!! You are my twin on here! Just be cautious like Linday222 said and not announce to the world when you will be out of town as a free invite to robbers.

Keep the updates coming!

DecemberBride
04-28-2008, 06:44 PM
You're the best Twin ever!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: I guess I just got nervous. I had finals today and my kids were stressing me out... I guess I just got caught up and started overly worrying.

I was going to do Christmas mickey ornaments too! I just can't find them anywhere. I think my guests would appreciate something they can use! I'm still unsure of Welcome bags... maybe if i find the right set-up I will do them.

I go for my second weigh in tomorrow... so we can see how kick *** I'm really doing... :confused3 I'll update my weightloss ticker for you to see, but I'll probably end up posting tomorrow anyway.

No, I won't delete my PJ, but I'm going to be careful with what I say... thanks for the pep talk! :cheer2:

DecemberBride
05-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Well not much planning is involved, but I sure do have fun looking for ideas to make my wedding unique. :idea:

I guess some not so great news is the fact that by the time I decided to book Randy, he had been snatched up and couldn't photograph my wedding. :sad1: I'm bummed, but know it's my own fault. I am booking him for a honeymoon session, so at least I get to work with him. Randy was the most reasonable and does such great work!

I e-mailed WP yesterday about a few questions I had concerning the ceremony. Silly questions like about flowers and cahir covers. She was very nice and informative and told me all I wanted to know. Plus she told me Rosie from foral would be calling me soon and sure enough I recieved an e-mail within an hour asking me when a good time for Rosie to call was... so I told her today (friday) at 2 (my kids are taking their nap :laughing: ) So I'm excited to hear about all the floral that can be done and what I can't have because it's too much money. I'm really just looking to have a few questions answered... bouquet options and colors, chair covers and sashes for Sea Breeze Point, and what extras can I have around SBP to make it look more wedding like... I'll update everyone on what happened during our convo and what I decided.

I also sent out my first newsletter with a Disney brochure from AAA. They took 3 stamps to send out and I'm glad I did it. They looked so cute... with heart stamps and Mickey stickers on the back as a seal. I was very happy with how they turned out. A bit homemade, but I think that was the point. The newsletters were only a page, but they had information on the Welcome party, rooms, ticket discounts, and activities. I'll probably send one more out after invites go out that includes the full schedule from the Welcome party, ceremony and reception, and finally the Goodbye brunch DF and I are hosting the morning after...

Speaking of which... I discovered from a post that Lurkylook posted (thanks! :worship: ) that the yacht Club has breakfast buffets and I was excited, but what's even more was that one was called "Monhegan Island Breakfast). Now, I have a house in Maine where my family spends a large part of the summer and right off the coast from our house is Monhegan Island an absolute favorite of mine. So what, you say... but I wanted to get married in Maine until I realized that Disney was more for me. I have a deep-felt true love :love: for this state and my house and this is my way to incorporate Maine into my wedding! Plus, two sets of guests are from Maine and they're coming all the way for me, so it's fate! Anyway, DF and I are hosting it and we've decided to have it outside and set up the table where the buffet is with pics of the Island and also have a couple small round tables that are named after the parts of the Island. We're going to probably also add a yogurt station to make your own parfaits, plus add bagels... so it'll be more than the original buffet quote, but we're keeping the name, "Monhegan Island".

Wow, I hope that wasn't boring for you guys! Just very excited that this is all falling together!

Still to do... invitations, bridesmaid dress and accessories, my childrens clothes, DF and best man clothes (though I found out where I'm getting the suit at least! :woohoo: ), hair trial for ideas with my own hairdresser, and more reception ideas!

I'll add pics in a few minutes... when I figure it out again! :confused:

DecemberBride
05-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Here are two pis from Monhegan, so you kinda get the idea of how gorgeous it is!
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/PH2005090801292.jpg This is the harbor
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/monhegan_4.jpg This is looking down on the town from a hill.

Here are some pics of the chairs I want at Sea Breeze Point, but with pink sashes... http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/SeaBreeze1.jpg

And the two hairstyles I'm debating...
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/curlydown-1.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/braidsflowing.jpg

If anyone could send me pics of their cakes that would be so awesome! I'm trying to get some ideas, because I do not want the Escape wedding cake... it's decided! :rotfl: I refuse! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, but I don't have a lot of guests so I need ideas for smaller cakes... Thanks!

IndyBride
05-02-2008, 12:43 PM
The second hair style you are debating is one I am debating as well! :cutie:

DecemberBride
05-02-2008, 12:59 PM
I love the little braids... I love it! I'm growing my hair out now, so it looks a bit better!

DecemberBride
05-02-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm sitting here watching a disney wedding on the travel channel and being soooo jealous! lol, jk, but it was beautiful. She looked so happy and she had a mad hatter tea party for the women that came to the wedding and I wanted to do that so bad, but it's expensive!

Anyway, another quick update! Rosie from floral called me today and we spoke for about an hour and a half... It was so fun! I guess she does everything from floral to photography as well as favors! So, I got the rundown on it all with pictures! So excited! :yay: Rosie is amazing for you who have not had the pleasure of dealing with her yet! She answered all my questions and said she could do all I wanted, plus convinced me to include my kids in the ceremony with a sand ceremony for all of us! It's only $40 bucks in all, so she didn't convince me of much more than my budget! :rotfl: And don't worry she's not a heckler, she really just tells you about everything, so you know!

The only dissapointment I had was that the parade taping schedule is taking up all mornings from November 30th to December 8th, so no Magic Kingdom shoot for me, but that's okay because they got my money anyway! :lmao: We're doing a family shoot at the Magic kingdom with our kids and then a honeymoon session with just the two of us... or might so a honeymoon session with Randy at the resorts. I don't know yet!

I was excited because the slipcovers and sashes I wanted on the chairs at SBP can be done in Ivory and pink for only $8.50 a chair! Woo Hoo! I thought it was going to be soooo much more!

She also gave me a quote on mickey mouse rice krispie treats for my reception! Totally reasonable. Also a qoute on an extra hour of photography and it's reasonable too! What?! :confused: I thought I'd be spending sooo much more! So, I'm super excited! She also said her floral team can in fact go to Shula's at the Dolphin, which is where my reception will be and set up. I thought Disney wouldn't do that because it's not one of their hotels! But Rosie said they can do it! YAY....

For all you Disney Brides that read this and stay up late the Disney show on travel will be on again at 1am tonight. It has everything from the wedding to a quincenera to princess and pirate party, to bibbity bobbity boop stuff for little girls! It's super cute!

Also, girls for any of you who upgraded their Escape cake could you give me ideas or send a pic? I'm desperate for ideas! I'm thinking colored buttercream icing with our initials??? What do you think?

cinderbear
05-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Hi Decemberbride,
I had an Escape Wedding in December with an upgraded cake. My cake had the white chocolate castle topper for $100 and white chocolate snowflakes for $50. I don't know how to post pictures but I have pictures of my wedding in the wedding photo links sticky at the top of the page. Hope this helps!

DecemberBride
05-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Hi Decemberbride,
I had an Escape Wedding in December with an upgraded cake. My cake had the white chocolate castle topper for $100 and white chocolate snowflakes for $50. I don't know how to post pictures but I have pictures of my wedding in the wedding photo links sticky at the top of the page. Hope this helps!

I saw it... now that's what I'm talking about! Something unique and something you chose! Thanks, I appreciate it! ;)

DecemberBride
05-15-2008, 03:23 PM
I haven't posted in awhile and have a few updates...

I was supposed to go to Davids to pick up my dress on Tuesday, but my dad had a hospital visit for his Melanoma and i forgot it was me who was taking him... oops! Love ya, Dad! :cutie:

So, I rescheduled for this Tuesday. I'm hoping I have a better experience than Dawrobin and a few other girls on here. I had a fabulous experience the first time. I felt like I was all alone and my salesperson was helpful and knew exactly what to do. I know Dawrobin had that too (am I correct, twin), but then had a baaad second time. :scared1: Here's to hoping...

I also booked my farewell breakfast the day following the wedding. I'm having it at the Gazebo above Stormalong bay by the yacht and Beach Club where most of the guests will be anyway. It does not have a minimum or site fee, so all I have to pay is the per person breakfast, which is $24.00 and the service fees and taxes. I'm very excited because it comes with chairs and tables already there. My WP told me about it and I thought it was great from the pics she sent.
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/StormalongBay.jpg

I'm having pastries, bagles and cream cheese, make your own yogurt parfaits, fruit, juice, coffee, and mimosas. Just light, basic breakfast food... It should be a nice farewell, because I have a lot of people leaving that day.

In addition to that, we're doing a "Welcome Dinner" for whoever wants to join us... not required... at O'hana's the night before the wedding. I've heard awesmoe things about it and have never been. June 3rd is when I can call for group dining, so I'm anxiously awaiting.

I've decided to do a sand ceremony for the wedding, and I may or may not include our kids. i can just see my two year old running away and dumping the sand in the grass or something... :lmao: In addition to that my ceremony music is almost completed. I'm having a reading during the ceremony by my brother from Corinthians and that's about as religious as I'm getting. I hope no one took offense to that, but I just wanted something sweet and fun, but short. I'm dreading the vows and rings, because I'm not a real sappy person and find myself turning away at that part of weddings... :laughing: Oh well, it has to be done. ;)

I've chosen a ring of flowers for the sand ceremony and the flower "ball" that hangs above us at Sea Breeze Point for our decorations. Also, chair covers and sashes.
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/SeaBreeze1.jpg
Here is the flower ring... but with my rose colors. ivory pink and medium and maybe hot pink... don't know about a third color yet...http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/flowerring.jpg
Here is the flower ball I want, again with my colors...http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/flowerball.jpg
And here is a picture of the flower swags... I don't know about this because it might be a bit too much for SPB for my taste... we'll see. what do you think? http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/002912-0027SBPswagwithfloral3.jpg

For the dinner reception at Shula's my mom is doing the centerpieces. They will be pink roses with their stems cut very short in glass bowls with pebbles and they will be almost squished together because of the way I want them to look... I'll try and find a pic because what I just described sounds gross... :laughing:

I think that is it for now and now I'm off to find a pic of the yucky squished roses...

I think thats all I'll have

IndyBride
05-15-2008, 03:28 PM
I really like the way the swag and the flowers look at sea breeze point. But, I can see with the flower ball it might be too much.

dawrobin
05-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Twinnie!! I like the pics. I think it will look beautiful without the swags. It is such a nice location.

I looove the chair covers. I really want to do that but I am trying to not spend any more money. :cutie:

I am sure your experience will be fine at Davids. My consultant quit and I curse her every day!! lol Not really.

I really like your idea of the good bye breakfast at Stormalong. I am so excited to hear about it.

Keep the updates coming so I can find an excuse to not work :surfweb: and be more like:woohoo:

Til next time lady!

DecemberBride
05-15-2008, 04:11 PM
I really like the way the swag and the flowers look at sea breeze point. But, I can see with the flower ball it might be too much.

Do you like the swag without the ball better? I appreciate an outside opinion! :hug:

DecemberBride
05-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Twinnie!! I like the pics. I think it will look beautiful without the swags. It is such a nice location.

I looove the chair covers. I really want to do that but I am trying to not spend any more money. :cutie:

I am sure your experience will be fine at Davids. My consultant quit and I curse her every day!! lol Not really.

I really like your idea of the good bye breakfast at Stormalong. I am so excited to hear about it.

Keep the updates coming so I can find an excuse to not work :surfweb: and be more like:woohoo:

Til next time lady!

Thanks twin! The chair covers are 8.50 a seat, which isn't bad for us Escape brides. I liked how it looked, but I'm not paying for the wedding, so my mom agreed that she liked it too, so she decided. We're scrimping money elsewhere, so it all works out. Also, you're having a killer dinner, so it won't even be about chair covers with your guests. They won't even remember!

DecemberBride
05-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Here is a pic of the centerpieces my mom is doing, except all the same height, a bit healthier looking :lmao: , and pink.
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/redrosescenterpiece.jpg

29apr00
05-16-2008, 10:06 AM
I love your PJ so far!! Everything is great. I love your dress. Sounds like you are getting a lot of great stuff!! Congrats

Have you heard anything about the upgraded choices for Escape cakes yet?

Jennifer

29apr00
05-16-2008, 10:08 AM
I
The first one is my favorite and I can change the sash to either pink or aqua.
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/Frontoflaceinformal.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/Backoflaceinformal.jpg

This looks like the dress i'm getting from DB. Is it a David's dress?? I'd love to find someone else that may have it besides DB, just because of their reputation. ;)

jnale
05-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Everything looks great. Sea Breeze Point is a beautiful place to have a wedding.

IndyBride
05-18-2008, 12:58 AM
Do you like the swag without the ball better? I appreciate an outside opinion! :hug:

I think that I do like the swag presentation better than the flower ball. I might copy it and show it to my wedding planner. It would look nice on the gazebo. ;)

Starseeker1221
05-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Hi! I just found your planning journal, and your plans all sound amazing! I love the idea of having breakfast at the Gazebo in Stormalong Bay! Do you happen to know how many people the location can hold?

DecemberBride
05-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Hi! I just found your planning journal, and your plans all sound amazing! I love the idea of having breakfast at the Gazebo in Stormalong Bay! Do you happen to know how many people the location can hold?

Thanks for reading. My WP told me about Stormalong bay and she says the Gazebo is never used... it looks like it could hold up to 50 people, maybe less. I can ask if you'd like...

Starseeker1221
05-23-2008, 10:14 AM
Thanks for reading. My WP told me about Stormalong bay and she says the Gazebo is never used... it looks like it could hold up to 50 people, maybe less. I can ask if you'd like...

Its okay... I will tuck it into the back of my mind and maybe ask about it later! I've seen that gazebo quite a few times, and its never even really processed that it has seating and could be used for something like that, and so I can see how it would end up rarely used... but its a very cool and unique location! :)

jennifaerie
05-23-2008, 11:25 AM
I read! I read!

I love the dress, and I can't wait to see what you replace the flower with (as you know I'm a flower freak). I bet it'll be beautiful whatever you do.

I also love the style you're looking at for your hair. I really like the down look. The little loose braid around the top is lovely.

Your color scheme is fantastic too.

It looks like everything is coming together nicely! :flower3:

hope1826
05-24-2008, 06:12 AM
Anyway, another quick update! Rosie from floral called me today and we spoke for about an hour and a half... It was so fun! I guess she does everything from floral to photography as well as favors! So, I got the rundown on it all with pictures! So excited! :yay: Rosie is amazing for you who have not had the pleasure of dealing with her yet! She answered all my questions and said she could do all I wanted, plus convinced me to include my kids in the ceremony with a sand ceremony for all of us! It's only $40 bucks in all, so she didn't convince me of much more than my budget! :rotfl: And don't worry she's not a heckler, she really just tells you about everything, so you know!

Hiya,
I have been lurking on your PJ for sometime, but never posted in it! SO first of all, CONGRATS!!!! Secondly, we will help you find a photographer! Thirdly, what did you decide for your floral? Are you still going with peonies?

Nikki

DecemberBride
05-24-2008, 09:22 AM
Hiya,
I have been lurking on your PJ for sometime, but never posted in it! SO first of all, CONGRATS!!!! Secondly, we will help you find a photographer! Thirdly, what did you decide for your floral? Are you still going with peonies?

Nikki

Thanks so much... I looked into other photography, but it's a bit out of my price range, for just an Escape wedding. That's what I loved about randy and Misty... they had packages for under $800 for three hours and all the rights and stuff. I mean Misty's package was perfect, but alas not meant to be... I'm a bit discouraged to say the least...

Actually after seeing Lynn's beautiful bouquet I decided to go with the just roses, like on the website (french style hand tied), but I will have medium pink roses with light pink roses... I'm debating using a brighter pink though instead of medium... not sure yet...

I lurked on your PJ since I joined and it was great to see another SBP bride actually get married there... the pics are fabulous and can't wait to see more!

Thanks for all your concern and help!

feline figaro
05-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Hey Johanna :goodvibes

I ve only just found your pj so have been getting fully up to date with all your plans & ideas.

Firstly i ve gotta say am loving the pics of your dress choices, they all look very glam with a slight vintage twist to them. Very elegant

I always love looking at peoples dress, flower, shoes etc option, wedding planning can be so so much fun :woohoo:

I ve also chosen the rose bouquet with a mixture of different shades of pink....am a pink lover so you can never have too many shades in there :cutie:

Just out of curiosity do you have any if the "extras" info for SBP that you were sent to give the venue a more wedding look that you would mind sharing with me?? ;) Just would like to see what else they can do to decorate the location

I love the sash chair covers but as i ve mentioned to you before i dont think we re gonna have many guests coming out for our weddingso it may look a tad weird decorating just 2 or 3 chairs :rolleyes: . Cant beleive its only $8.50 per chair, thats so cheap :thumbsup2
Ok this maybe a blonde moment but i read part of one of your posts where you were mentioning talking to Rosie & having a Sand Ceremony. You said

"She answered all my questions and said she could do all I wanted, plus convinced me to include my kids in the ceremony with a sand ceremony for all of us! It's only $40 bucks in all"

Do Disney charge you for having the Sand Ceremony as i thought this was included in your minister fees, thats the impression i ve gotten when i booked our minister anyway. We want a Unity Candle ceremony oppose to a Sand Ceremony though

Thanks for all the advice you ve given me so far, we re gonna go with SBP after much debating last night :woohoo:. Cant wait to here more update & info :cutie:

DecemberBride
05-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Feline, I can absoutely share all the pics with you that they sent to me. PM me your e-mail and I'll send it out as soon as I can!

I'm so glad you decided to go with SBP... it'll be beautiful and NO RAIN!!!!!!!!

The $40 isn't for the sand ceremony itself, but the tools for it... the two tall glass holders for the sand and then the main glass bowl or jar for them to be poured into. Some people bring their own set, but I'm getting the glass bowls and sand from Disney... it's only $40, so I thought that was totally reasonable and I don't have to bring my own and it's all set up for me when I get there!

Anything else let me know!

Johanna

feline figaro
05-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Hey Johanna:goodvibes

I ve just pm'd you :thumbsup2

I knew i was having ablonde moment re the $40 fee:laughing: . I did nt know Disney could provide you with the equiment for the special add ons you can have for your ceremony.

I ve found the candles i want for the Unity ceremony but am not too sure where to get the 3 holders so if Disney can provide them that would be great. $40 is not expensive at all, i figured their fees would be sky high. Thats always reassuring to know that items such as this are so affordable through them :cutie:

DecemberBride
05-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Just a warning... a lot of things are affordable and then something comes along and you're like "you want me to pay how much for THAT?!" So, it's kinda difficult and you have to do your research to know what things really cost and if it's worth it to bring your own... you know? I decided I could pay them $40 to just have the sand ceremony already there instead of me buying one and driving it up there... it's paying for piece of mind for me! PLus $40 ain't bad!

Crown_princess
05-24-2008, 02:25 PM
And finally shoes... if I'm having pink in the wedding, my shoes will be pink... lol. I demand it!
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/pinkshoes.jpg

What brand shoes are these. I'm having a horrible time finding shoes! And I love the pink color.

DecemberBride
05-24-2008, 02:31 PM
crown princess, they are anne klein... I can't find them anywhere though... :(

DecemberBride
05-24-2008, 02:49 PM
As some of you may know... I'm having really big issues with photography! Here's a recap. I had booked Randy back when my wedding was December 9, 2008, but I wasn't too thrilled with a tuesday 2:30pm ceremony when I wanted sunset on a monday... so after telling randy this, alas he was already booked, so there went Randy. I was mad enough at that point and when I tried to switch back to Dec. 9 it was laready booked! :scared1:

So, off on a quest to find the perfect photographer... shouldn't be too hard, right? Well, off to ask the Roots, nope they'll be in beautiful Paris... ok, I'm still feeling good there is still Misty. Nope, not her either... hmmm... ooookay. Not feeling good anymore....

I've recieved some great suggestions from everyone and you guys don't know how much it means to me that you responded! I was in tears last night when I got the email from Misty, so it has not been a good 12 hours. I'm over the crying and moving onward and upward in my quest for the perfect photographer. Right now, I'm talking to Taz, who has done many Disney weddings and I like the work and the prices. Also there is Christopher Patrick, who I am still waiting on pricing from, but his pictures are amazing! I'm also looking into Gary Fox, thanks to Lurkyloo and a personal email from Misty to him because she felt so bad. Also, Randy sent me the most wonderful email and I'm going to post what he wrote... it made me feel so good that he cares, plus he's diong my honeymoon shoot and doesn't want an upset bride!

Here is what he wrote ---> "Johanna,
I will look into a few photographers that have worked out at Disney to see if there open.... And will also let you know if anything changes on my end,,,, also let me know if your date changes!!! Thanks Hun keep your chin up lets see what we can do
Randy"

How aweome! I appreciated it so much!

So that's whats going on on my end... I'm still frustrated and sad, but I know I will find someone perfect for me! :thumbsup2

Also, for any of you who have used Taz, Gary Fox, or Christopher Patrick and have photos from your big day I'd love to see them if you'd like to share! :hug:

Thanks!

feline figaro
05-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Johanna

Help i need advice :scared: :eek: :headache:

As you know we ve just changed locations but now im really confused about transportation from resort to wedding ceremony & then from reception to other locations.

Ok so original plan was wedding at WP, we ll be staying at Poly so was gonna have horse Landua carriage to take me to ceremony, then after ceremony use it to take us to gf for reception & then of course beach is right by GF for pics afterwards. But now im so confused. :confused3
just how close can tranportation get you to SBP?? Do brides normally have to walk from a certain drop off point or can you get dropped off right by SBP?? Would i still be able to use the Landua carriage from Poly to SBP??

Sorry one more, think i ve told you after ceremony/reception at SBP i idealy would like to have beach shots taken at GF's beach (if thats possible). I know with WP weddings the carriage would wait for us to then take us on to GF but im pretty sure this would nt be the case here at SBP. Any ideas what we could then do to get us from SBP to GF's beach??

I ve got my heart set on having the Horse Landua carriage so am now really worried we wont be able to use this :sad2:

Sorry for hijacking your thread but so far you ve been fab at offering me lots of much needed advice, just am having a slight panic attack :scared:

DecemberBride
05-24-2008, 05:25 PM
Johanna

Help i need advice :scared: :eek: :headache:

As you know we ve just changed locations but now im really confused about transportation from resort to wedding ceremony & then from reception to other locations.

Ok so original plan was wedding at WP, we ll be staying at Poly so was gonna have horse Landua carriage to take me to ceremony, then after ceremony use it to take us to gf for reception & then of course beach is right by GF for pics afterwards. But now im so confused. :confused3
just how close can tranportation get you to SBP?? Do brides normally have to walk from a certain drop off point or can you get dropped off right by SBP?? Would i still be able to use the Landua carriage from Poly to SBP??

Sorry one more, think i ve told you after ceremony/reception at SBP i idealy would like to have beach shots taken at GF's beach (if thats possible). I know with WP weddings the carriage would wait for us to then take us on to GF but im pretty sure this would nt be the case here at SBP. Any ideas what we could then do to get us from SBP to GF's beach??

I ve got my heart set on having the Horse Landua carriage so am now really worried we wont be able to use this :sad2:

Sorry for hijacking your thread but so far you ve been fab at offering me lots of much needed advice, just am having a slight panic attack :scared:

No need to panic... I'm not an expert on transportation... in fact it confuses the hell out of me, BUT I do know that Disney is aware of the fact that people getting married at Disney are staying at hotels all over Disney and are getting married all over Disney as well. With that said, they offer these alternative forms of transportation (Landau coach) so you can feel special on your wedding day. They will work with you on your resort and location and pictures and all that. I'm pretty sure that they have dealt with this before and they will be more than happy to make sure that if you want the coach you can have it, no matter where you're getting married!

Also, transportation has a drop off point right in front of SBP... after that I'm clueless. Hopefully Lynn or Hope will drop in to tell us what they did for transportation, because I'd like to know where they got dropped as well. I might be walking anyway, because I'm staying just down the boardwalk at the Beach Club... I might think about using tranportation though...

So calling all SBP brides!!!!!! We need advice and knowledge on transportation to and from SBP!!!!!!! :grouphug:

Hope I helped and did not confuse!!!!!

feline figaro
05-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks Johanna:goodvibes , as always you ve helped but i just find it all so confusing:confused3 . Just when i thought yay i had it all figured out i then up & change locations & now i feel like i ve kinda gotta start planning all over again:rolleyes: . I really know nothing about SBP, just that it looks gorgeous in pics.

If anyone can clue me up a bit more i would apprecaite it so so much (im not excartly 100% sure even where the location is, i know its near Boardwalk).

I second Johanna, please someone clue us up on how transportaion works at SBP. & please please tell me that i can have the Landua carriage from Poly to SBP :cutie:

DecemberBride
05-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Yes please tell her it can happen!!!!!!!!!! :laughing:

DecemberBride
05-27-2008, 07:19 PM
I'd like to say thanks to all you ladies who helped me out with all my photography questions. It was a bit stressful for me a couple days ago, but as predicted the storm passed and I'm all better now! :cloud9:

Another quick update... The "breathless" which is a wooden speed boat from the '30's or '40's that is stationed by the Yacht and Beach Clubs rents out for a reasonable price, so my WC is booking it 90 days out September 1, 2008 for us to use for pictures as well as transportation. We don't know yet if it can be used for our exit from Sea Breeze Point, our WC is looking into that. If not then we'll take pictures in it and then use it for transportation over to the Dolphin after photos are done. We're huge boat people and I just think it's a way to be unique and have a little fun... who cares about getting wet! :rotfl: Okay, maybe I do, we'll see how it works out! Good thing is brides have done this before, so I'm not the only one and it'll work itself out! I'm off to find pics and then I will post them...

Oh! And another update (and I thought I had nothing to say). My MOH went and tried on her dress. It's Bill Levkoff and it's giong to be either pink or champagne colored. We're waiting to see what we like after a couple of days of thinking about it. I'll post a pic in a few minutes!

dawrobin
05-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Hey lady! Glad you were able to find a photog you like :hug: I know that was stressing you out!

I thought you were posting pics!!! Don't make me angry :badpc: lol

I hope all is well. can't wait to see your engagement pics. Where in Orlando/Disney do you plan to have your pics shot?

Keep the updates coming twin!:thumbsup2

DecemberBride
05-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Hey lady! Glad you were able to find a photog you like :hug: I know that was stressing you out!

I thought you were posting pics!!! Don't make me angry :badpc: lol

I hope all is well. can't wait to see your engagement pics. Where in Orlando/Disney do you plan to have your pics shot?

Keep the updates coming twin!:thumbsup2

I forgot to post pics.... :laughing: My mind is elsewhere! I don't know where I'll have the pics... probably at a disney resort or a nice grassy park in Orlando somehwere. I'll let the photographer give me ideas... they usually know best anyway! I'll get on that lack if picture thing today!

DecemberBride
05-28-2008, 11:56 AM
I can't seem to copy and paste or even save the pics of the bridesmaid dresses from the website, so I'll just give you the link and you guys can go see them if you'd like...

http://www.billlevkoff.com/main3.asp?p=1

and they are style numbers 613, 285, 806, and 210. Most of them are in the collection and 210 is in the classic collection. You'll see what i mean when you go to the site.

Here is two pics of the "Breathless" which will be our getaway transportation/picture opportunity and overall fun boat ride!
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/breathless2.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/breathlessboat.jpg

I thought I would add a picture of the invitations I'm thinking of using... has anyone come acroos hot pink invites? Or with some hot pink accents? Any help would be great!
Here is a pic of the ones I'm using as of now...
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/pink.jpg

jennifaerie
05-28-2008, 12:00 PM
I think those invitations are snazzy!

Something Different (http://somethingdifferent.singleresource.com/StaticPage.cfm?strShobaMainsomethingdifferent.sing leresource.com=79017985&intStaticPageID=8132) has some great invitations (in pink) that are similar to the one you posted. You can't buy directly through them, but you can sift through them and see if you like something and then go through a distributor like Invitation Consultants or go to a local Hallmark (they seem to have every invitation on earth).

DecemberBride
05-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Awesome.. I'm off to look now! thanks!

jennifaerie
05-28-2008, 12:40 PM
They didn't have an onslaught of pink, so I went looking around. I'm sure you've seen 99% of these, but I thought I'd try. There is such a lack of hot pink out there! A half-hour later, and I am hot pink-less!

Invitation Consultants (http://www.invitationconsultants.com/gallery.aspx?p_sortorder=relevance&p_sale=no&p_promcode=&p_subcategory=pink&p_viewall=yes)

Invitations by Dawn (http://www.invitationsbydawn.com/WE_SearchResults.cfm?prev=1&TempPrev=0&blnPreviewRequestSubmitted=0&recordsperpage=32&CompletedOrder=0&sBasketID=0&lCriteria=297&Group=WedEnsDDa&alogo=1&menu=none&morethanonepage=YES&HostDomain=0&FirstTimeThrough=1&option=WE_SearchResults.cfm&format=WedEnsDDa&CFID=52211392&CFTOKEN=56936319)

Wedding Paper Divas (http://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/shop/pink-invitations-all-0.htm)

DecemberBride
05-28-2008, 01:17 PM
They didn't have an onslaught of pink, so I went looking around. I'm sure you've seen 99% of these, but I thought I'd try. There is such a lack of hot pink out there! A half-hour later, and I am hot pink-less!

Invitation Consultants (http://www.invitationconsultants.com/gallery.aspx?p_sortorder=relevance&p_sale=no&p_promcode=&p_subcategory=pink&p_viewall=yes)

Invitations by Dawn (http://www.invitationsbydawn.com/WE_SearchResults.cfm?prev=1&TempPrev=0&blnPreviewRequestSubmitted=0&recordsperpage=32&CompletedOrder=0&sBasketID=0&lCriteria=297&Group=WedEnsDDa&alogo=1&menu=none&morethanonepage=YES&HostDomain=0&FirstTimeThrough=1&option=WE_SearchResults.cfm&format=WedEnsDDa&CFID=52211392&CFTOKEN=56936319)

Wedding Paper Divas (http://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/shop/pink-invitations-all-0.htm)

Thank you so much for doing that for me! I've seen Wedding Paper divas and they are a front runner for me... I loooove their stuff. I'm not a big fan of Dawn's... it's just not my style, most of it...

I'm off to look at invitation consultants, I have not been to their site before... thanks again! This is a huge help!

jennifaerie
05-28-2008, 01:19 PM
Oh, not a problem at all! I liked doing it. I just wish I had found better colors! I got my invitations from Invitations Consultants. They have a lot of Dawn stuff (but charge more), but they're more upper crust.

There were other sites I found when I was searching for my invitations that are even classier and prettier, but I don't remember seeing bright pinks.

DecemberBride
05-28-2008, 01:25 PM
Oh, not a problem at all! I liked doing it. I just wish I had found better colors! I got my invitations from Invitations Consultants. They have a lot of Dawn stuff (but charge more), but they're more upper crust.

There were other sites I found when I was searching for my invitations that are even classier and prettier, but I don't remember seeing bright pinks.

I love the cherry blossoms invitation I found on Invite consultants... and one or two more that I really like. I'm going to break down and pay the 2.50 each for samples and just debate them all.... thanks again!

jennifaerie
05-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Oh, I'm so glad to hear it! I can vouch for them. They were great to work with!

DecemberBride
05-28-2008, 01:31 PM
Oh, I'm so glad to hear it! I can vouch for them. They were great to work with!

How did you order, over the phone? It was pleasant, no stresses?

jennifaerie
05-28-2008, 01:40 PM
I ordered online, but there's a comment field for each line, and you can put all your preferences on the side. You can call them too, but I'm phone-phobic. :)

Their proofs are great too. They email you proofs so you can see your invitations before you approve them to be done.

DecemberBride
06-03-2008, 06:07 PM
This isn't directly wedding related, but I'm excited, so I'll share!

Today my ADR time block opened for me to call and make reservations for my entire stay...

I pretty much got every meal on every day that I wanted... i thought it was going to be hard, but it was surprisingly easy!

On the list is Chef Mickey's (the day my kids leave...) We did this because my brother and I went on the character breakfast paddle boat when we were younger, like in the early eighties and we both wanted to go together again and the closest thing we found was Chef Mickey's, so we wanted to go together and bring my kids! This is the day everyone leaves, so... all the rest are for honeymoon ADR's!

Those would be, Cindy's Royal Table for the night of MVMCP, crystal palace, Narcoosee's, Le Cellier, Hollywood and Vine with the Fantasmic package (i've never seen Fantasmic even after visiting Disney more than 15 times), and California Grill for our last night in Disney.

After seeing all the ADR's I was making for actual sit down places, I upgraded from basic Disney Dining to Deluxe. Has anyone used Deluxe Dining before? How did you like it?

Anyway, that's my update... not very interesting to anyone but me and DF!

'Til next time... :surfweb:

jennifaerie
06-03-2008, 06:49 PM
That's an awesome update!

When my window opened, I tried to get dinner at Le Cellier, and I couldn't for any night during my trip! I called right at 7am, and it didn't make a difference. The menu has changed, though, and there is little difference between lunch and dinner (where are my mashed potatoes?!), so I'm not too upset now. We have two lunch reservations, and we may end up cancelling one of them if we're not thrilled with the changes when we're there.

I think it's wonderful that you got all your reservations!

We're doing free dining, so we upgraded to the deluxe (with free dining, it was more affordable), so I will definitely let you know when I get back. I have heard that it's important you tell servers you have the deluxe because they'll automatically deduct you as a regular (you would think it'd know... if you're staying three nights, it should say you have twelve table service... end of story), so I'm keeping that in mind.

And since we're eating all these table service meals, it gives us a chance to get lots and lots of rice krispie treats to take home (I love the small white chocolate ones! Last time, I got nine Valentine's Day hearts! :lmao: ).

I think you'll love it. It's nice to not be regulated as to where to eat.

DecemberBride
06-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Do you think Le Cellier is too heavy for lunch?

DisneyBrideToni
06-03-2008, 10:05 PM
I just caught up to with your PJ and I love everything so far!! I am glad you finally got a photographer that you feel good with. I haven't heard of them before but if the Disbrides recommended them, they must be great! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see more!! My planning session is Monday and I will be sure to report all I find out about SBP!

DecemberBride
06-03-2008, 10:32 PM
You better! :lmao: I'm counting on your reviews!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have an awesome time! So excited for you! :goodvibes

jennifaerie
06-04-2008, 07:26 AM
Not at all! In fact, Le Cellier was the only restaurant we walked out of not completely stuffed.

It could be because we both got filet mignon, so it's a smaller piece of meat.

But when you think about it, you get a drink (which could be a smoothie or milkshake), an appetizer, an entree, and a dessert, so you're going to feel full no matter what.

I eat about a week's worth of food during a day at Disney! :lmao:

29apr00
06-04-2008, 08:41 AM
I haven't been to Le Cellier for lunch, only dinner, and i remember it was such a great meal! Oh man the beef there was soooo good! You could always just do a lighter dinner after lunch at Le Cellier! :thumbsup2

DecemberBride
06-07-2008, 05:32 PM
So, a bit of photography update.... I'm officially done! My dad was getting very weirded out about the photography situation, which I can understand. I was going back and forth and freaking out and worrying over who to pick. I thought I had made a final decision a couple days ago. I still cannot decide on someone who I think will do a good enough job to pay all that money too, so.... I'm putting it into Disney's hands. I've requested two of the best Disney photographers (from word on the street :lmao: ) and leaving it at that. I'm lucky though, my WP is awesome and knows one very well and she says she will get him for me if his date is open... I trust her to put me in good hands, since I've made such a fuss over it and she sees and understands how stressed out I am over all this.

I've added the ariel package as well as the black and white/photojournalistic package, so hopefully between the two I will get more pics in my album and also get more the style I'm looking for. I told my WP I wanted of course the standard formal pics, but I wanted more moments where I'm not posed and I find those the best pics! She gets it. I also added an extra hour, so I don't feel rushed... money well spent even for the piece of mind of not worrying about only two hours! :faint:

I also asked to speak with whoever I'm assigned too prior to the wedding, so I get a chance to tell him (or her) what exactly I expect and would like done (I don't mean that to come across as too pushy) and also where I would like to take extra pics (boardwalk).

For any of you gals who have used Disney photography... were your photos in your albums retouched? Did they make them look perfect for your album?

Also, my concern through all this was that I wouldn't get the chance to do fun photobooks because my pics weren't on a CD or I didn't receive rights to them... so my dad told me to check pricing on an Escape photography CD... does anyone have that? Is it the same $1000 as Wishes brides? Is my info correct, can you even buy a CD? Also, he told me he'd rather just pay the CRAZY amount of money for prints then worry about getting an outside vendor. I adore him for this and it's one last thing I don't have to worry about...

Through all this, my DF said he'd just pay for the outside photographer ( I love this man), but I still can't find one I'm absolutely comfortable with. So it's kinda like whats the difference? Let Disney handle it, you know?

I love my dad for wanting to pay for his only daughters wedding and DF and I are paying for a lot of things (that darling Dad doesn't know about, he'd kill me if he found out he didn't pay for it) and I sure am glad he just made a decision for me, because I was going out of my mind with this photography thing.

Now, I'm putting it to rest (hopefully) and moving on (hopefully, or at least until I see a beautiful Randy pic ;) ) and leaving it up to Disney... I chose them for my wedding, they will come through, right? ::yes::

Thanks for all the advice you gave me, ladies! I appreciate all the support! :woohoo: :hug:

PhilHarMaestro
06-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Love your PJ so far!!:) :) :) I love that your getting chair covers!!!

I was wondering if you could help me. I sent in my contract over a week ago and I have not received my WC yet and I'm very worried. I'm worried because my original sales coordinator left because of pregnancy and the one who booked my date, was really hard to get in touch with:headache: and is now on a two week vacation. Should I be worried? :scared1: :scared1: I have lots of things i want to book and i'm afraid if i don't get my WC soon it will be too late. Sorry to freak out during your PJ, but any advice would be so appreciated.

Oh, yeah and i love the pink shoes!!! My dress is mostly pink and i never thought having pink shoes!! What a cute idea!!:dance3:

DecemberBride
06-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Love your PJ so far!!:) :) :) I love that your getting chair covers!!!

I was wondering if you could help me. I sent in my contract over a week ago and I have not received my WC yet and I'm very worried. I'm worried because my original sales coordinator left because of pregnancy and the one who booked my date, was really hard to get in touch with:headache: and is now on a two week vacation. Should I be worried? :scared1: :scared1: I have lots of things i want to book and i'm afraid if i don't get my WC soon it will be too late. Sorry to freak out during your PJ, but any advice would be so appreciated.

Oh, yeah and i love the pink shoes!!! My dress is mostly pink and i never thought having pink shoes!! What a cute idea!!:dance3:

I waited about two weeks before recieving my WP... after two weeks I would call immediately...

Did you by any chance have Gina as your sales coordinator? If you did, I did as well and she was awesome! I got assigned a great WP, so PM me as soon as you know to see if we have the same one. Wait, are you doing Wishes? :laughing: I'm babbling...

My advice, is don't freak out... they usually don't miss a beat there, so they will contact you, but for your own piece of mind call in a few days and they will tell you exactly what's going on! Hope this helps!

shezfrombermuda
06-07-2008, 07:58 PM
I just found your PJ! Everything sounds great so far. Love your getaway transportation! We are also doing a sand ceremony with out kids. My daughters are 7 and the youngest one will be 22 months. Looking forward to hearing the rest of your plans!

DecemberBride
06-07-2008, 08:01 PM
I just found your PJ! Everything sounds great so far. Love your getaway transportation! We are also doing a sand ceremony with out kids. My daughters are 7 and the youngest one will be 22 months. Looking forward to hearing the rest of your plans!

Thanks! I love your PJ! I can't wait to see pics of your wedding! Are you having a wishes DP? I cannot wait to see pics... do you have your BEO from that yet? If so, can I PM you my email, so I can kinda get an idea of what I would be spending? I'm still undetermined about a DP, but I was not thrilled with locations I was given at Epcot and for me the GF patio is more my family's style and I looooove Wishes! ust let me know if it's okay to send you my email!

PhilHarMaestro
06-07-2008, 08:14 PM
thanks so much I'm calmer now!:hippie:
I was having moment there. I will let you know who mine is and i'm having an escape, and have i mentioned that i'm super excited!!!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

DecemberBride
06-07-2008, 08:22 PM
thanks so much I'm calmer now!:hippie:
I was having moment there. I will let you know who mine is and i'm having an escape, and have i mentioned that i'm super excited!!!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Yay :yay: for Escape brides!!!!!!!!!!!! PM me when you know your coordinator! Did I mention I'm SUPER excited :cool1: too, especially since this photgraphy issue is resolved!

dawrobin
06-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Hey lady- We are buying the CD and it is $750. There was some confusion on an ohter post and it IS a high resolution CD. I think it is worth it since it is about $8 to print a 4x6 thru Disney and I want to be able to print my copies as well as copies for the parents and such whenever I want.

shezfrombermuda
06-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Thanks! I love your PJ! I can't wait to see pics of your wedding! Are you having a wishes DP? I cannot wait to see pics... do you have your BEO from that yet? If so, can I PM you my email, so I can kinda get an idea of what I would be spending? I'm still undetermined about a DP, but I was not thrilled with locations I was given at Epcot and for me the GF patio is more my family's style and I looooove Wishes! ust let me know if it's okay to send you my email!

We are having a Wishes dessert party at the GF marina patio. There is one other location called Sago Cay Point, I think. I posted the BEO for the wedding and dessert party in my PJ. I could email you a copy of the dessert menu if you want. I love Wishes too!

DecemberBride
06-08-2008, 09:06 AM
We are having a Wishes dessert party at the GF marina patio. There is one other location called Sago Cay Point, I think. I posted the BEO for the wedding and dessert party in my PJ. I could email you a copy of the dessert menu if you want. I love Wishes too!

Don't I feel stupid! I know you had done that... I went back to look for it after I posted! Duh! :goodvibes I would love the dessert menu.... I'll PM you my email! Thanks

DecemberBride
06-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Hey lady- We are buying the CD and it is $750. There was some confusion on an ohter post and it IS a high resolution CD. I think it is worth it since it is about $8 to print a 4x6 thru Disney and I want to be able to print my copies as well as copies for the parents and such whenever I want.

Does the price go down after a year or three years? I'm glad to hear it's high resolution... That's what I've been mostly worried about, not getting rights to my photos... I want to make a darn blurb or shutterfly photobook! I'm also glad you're doing DPS as well! I can't wait to see your photos! I've heard that Ty and Paul are pretty good, so you might want to request... if you're worried about that... ;)

DecemberBride
06-08-2008, 11:48 PM
I was abruptly reminded tonight about how public this forum is... I was sent an email from an outside vendor asking me to remove words that I wrote about their business. Obviously I won't re-write them, duh, but they were not mean, just something that I was informed about. I thought I was able to be truthful on here, but it's just not the case. I would hate for anyone to think about me in a bad way, so I removed the comment... I will say though that from now on I will NEVER write an outside vendors name on here that I'm dealing with personally, maybe if it's a really great review I might! I don't like feeling like I've done something wrong and I don't like feeling like a child being tattled on and I'm dissapointed with the fact that I was made to feel like that. I hope you all understand my rant and forgive me for being gloomy! :worried:

Now I'm off to remove vendor names from my PJ...

DecemberBride
06-09-2008, 01:05 AM
PJ edited... :thumbsup2

alissa2008
06-09-2008, 01:08 AM

Not a fan of the flower ball - but thats just my opinion - looks too much like mistletoe. Plus, it looks a little out of place. I would go swag or nude. :thumbsup2

I also love the style you're looking at for your hair. I really like the down look. The little loose braid around the top is lovely.
I agree, if my hair were longer, I'd love that style for myself! The loose braids are so beautiful and classic!! ::yes::

I was abruptly reminded tonight about how public this forum is... I was sent an email from an outside vendor asking me to remove words that I wrote about their business. Obviously I won't re-write them, duh, but they were not mean, just something that I was informed about. I thought I was able to be truthful on here, but it's just not the case. I would hate for anyone to think about me in a bad way, so I removed the comment... I will say though that from now on I will NEVER write an outside vendors name on here that I'm dealing with personally, maybe if it's a really great review I might! I don't like feeling like I've done something wrong and I don't like feeling like a child being tattled on and I'm dissapointed with the fact that I was made to feel like that. I hope you all understand my rant and forgive me for being gloomy! :worried:

This irks me. :mad: I don't think you should have removed your comments. I feel like this impedes on your freedom of speech and I think it's completely ridiculous. You have no obligation to remove your opinions - just so you know. I'm sure you had no intention of maliciously committing libel, especially if you said nothing negative against them. I, for one, would have written something snarky back -- "well, maybe if you had a reliable/remarkable/professional/(insert adjective here) business, I would be generating you more business as opposed to telling the populous about the s#t%y job you do." Sorry - I'm in a mood, and I don't think you should be bullied into removing your posts. :confused3

DecemberBride
06-09-2008, 02:07 AM
This irks me. :mad: I don't think you should have removed your comments. I feel like this impedes on your freedom of speech and I think it's completely ridiculous. You have no obligation to remove your opinions - just so you know. I'm sure you had no intention of maliciously committing libel, especially if you said nothing negative against them. I, for one, would have written something snarky back -- "well, maybe if you had a reliable/remarkable/professional/(insert adjective here) business, I would be generating you more business as opposed to telling the populous about the s#t%y job you do." Sorry - I'm in a mood, and I don't think you should be bullied into removing your posts. :confused3

Thanks for the support, I need it right about now! I really didn't say anything about them doing a s#t%y job, because I hadn't dealt with them personally yet... as in no contract was signed yet. I bet they do amazing work, I just was echoing a voice in the back of my head asking, is this right? I removed my comments because A, I didn't want to start something, B, I'm too nice and C, didn't feel like dealing with the fall out if I had left it in there. I was pretty much tattled on by a bride who had dealt with them and for that I'm angry. I didn't even say anything bad. Would I tell a vendor that I'm dealing with that he was talked about by other brides, no. It's not my business. Even if I loooove that vendor. It's not my place because things get blown out of proportion. This is a place to air out these questions and ask and get opnions from brides who have been there and done that! I love this place! It's a wealth of information and so much stinkin' fun! I just feel icky about the fact that I'm now this horrible person that talks badly about vendors. I'm not and I'm just trying to get an awesome wedding day! i thought I did that by researching and asking questions... I guess not... :confused3 I'm just upset because this isn't me at all. I just want a nice wedding.

dawrobin
06-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Does the price go down after a year or three years? I'm glad to hear it's high resolution... That's what I've been mostly worried about, not getting rights to my photos... I want to make a darn blurb or shutterfly photobook! I'm also glad you're doing DPS as well! I can't wait to see your photos! I've heard that Ty and Paul are pretty good, so you might want to request... if you're worried about that... ;)

I have already requested one of them. I just don't remember which one!

hope1826
06-09-2008, 09:48 AM

EEEEKKKKK, I'm sorry. I've kind of stopped writing because honest questions and opinions have been stifled a number of times on this board and with everything else that I'm dealing with right now, I just don't need to deal with this, especially not here. I totally understand your frustration. :hug:

On a happier note...:dance3: :banana: :dance3: ... I'm so glad you settled on a photographer. I wish you the best with Ty or Paul and I can't wait to see your pics! I haven't ever read a bad review about either of them specifically. They should be great!

DecemberBride
06-09-2008, 11:14 AM
EEEEKKKKK, I'm sorry. I've kind of stopped writing because honest questions and opinions have been stifled a number of times on this board and with everything else that I'm dealing with right now, I just don't need to deal with this, especially not here. I totally understand your frustration. :hug:

On a happier note...:dance3: :banana: :dance3: ... I'm so glad you settled on a photographer. I wish you the best with Ty or Paul and I can't wait to see your pics! I haven't ever read a bad review about either of them specifically. They should be great!

I'm glad I'm not going crazy and it's not just me! I appreciate your support!

I think my pictures will be great with either one of them and I"m just glad it's all decided...

lurkyloo
06-09-2008, 12:02 PM

For Wishes brides who have Disney shoot their wedding, the CD costs $1,000 right away or $500 after 3 years. If you only have them shoot your MK portrait session, it's $750 right away or $500 later. :thumbsup2

I also don't think you should have to stifle your opinions in your posts. It's a public forum! If you got bad service at the Holiday Inn, you'd write about it - same thing! If that photographer did a crappy job (which isn't even the issue in your case, since you didn't actually write a negative review), we should all be able to hear about it just as we would if s/he did a great job!

Eyesparkle
06-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Personally, I would like to know the name of the vendor scaring you with misinformation so that I can be sure that I am not using them.

And certainly, we need to know who they are in order to oblige their request.

;)

DecemberBride
06-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Personally, I would like to know the name of the vendor scaring you with misinformation so that I can be sure that I am not using them.

And certainly, we need to know who they are in order to oblige their request.

;)

I'm almost hurt enough by all this to disclose who it is... but I'm a classy lady... so I will decline...

dawrobin
06-09-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm almost hurt enough by all this to disclose who it is... but I'm a classy lady... so I will decline...

Take the high road lady :):thumbsup2

Eyesparkle
06-09-2008, 01:24 PM
:hug:

But in all seriousness, it is not your obligation to remove the information. Even if they have legal cause to have it removed, their venue should be the forum owner, not posing as a member and contacting an individual poster.

Bahh... just makes me angry.

Enough of this nonsense in your thread.... Back to happy wedding stuff! :bride:

:yay: :yay: :yay:

PrincessBride010103
06-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Johanna, I am sooooo angry for you!! :furious: :mad:
I also would like to know who the tattle tale bride is...because that wasn't very nice of her. If she had a problem with what you wrote she could have PMed you about it.

DecemberBride
06-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Johanna, I am sooooo angry for you!! :furious: :mad:
I also would like to know who the tattle tale bride is...because that wasn't very nice of her. If she had a problem with what you wrote she could have PMed you about it.

Oooh girl, I was hoping you'd chime in! :rotfl: You're the best!

It wasn't very nice of her and I wish I knew for sure. I have a hunch, but you can never be 100%. She definitely should have PM'ed me and asked me to either remove what offended her and the vendor or politely spoke to me about it, but no she had to go and "tattle" and then make it seem like I was intentionally or unintentionally trying to damage their reputation... It's just a stupid situation that I somehow found my way into...

PrincessBride010103
06-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Oooh girl, I was hoping you'd chime in! :rotfl: You're the best!

It wasn't very nice of her and I wish I knew for sure. I have a hunch, but you can never be 100%. She definitely should have PM'ed me and asked me to either remove what offended her and the vendor or politely spoke to me about it, but no she had to go and "tattle" and then make it seem like I was intentionally or unintentionally trying to damage their reputation... It's just a stupid situation that I somehow found my way into...

I'm still stewing about it! My stretch marks are getting itchier just thinking about it :lmao: I have read through your entire pj (pre-editing) and never once remember thinking "wow that was harsh, she shouldn't have said that" so I'm soooo mad that you were, in a way, forced to remove your comments!

Maybe I'm :stir: but, does this bride freakin WORK for the vendor or something?? Why get so upset that someone does not have the same opinions that you have? RAWR!!!!!!!! :furious:

DecemberBride
06-09-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm still stewing about it! My stretch marks are getting itchier just thinking about it :lmao: I have read through your entire pj (pre-editing) and never once remember thinking "wow that was harsh, she shouldn't have said that" so I'm soooo mad that you were, in a way, forced to remove your comments!

Maybe I'm :stir: but, does this bride freakin WORK for the vendor or something?? Why get so upset that someone does not have the same opinions that you have? RAWR!!!!!!!! :furious:

I think you're the best! Just thought I'd share!

This whole thing reminds me of what happened to lynn over on the resorts board... I mean, I shared a small opinion which didn't actually come across as mean to anyone else either and now someone who doesn't share in my opinions is going off to inform people that I'm not being very nice and you shouldn't say things about us when you've never spoken to us on the phone and we hope you think about emoving your words... blah blah blah! :faint:

29apr00
06-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Last I checked this was America and everyone has an opinion and we are all entitled to speak our opinion. Granted, an opinion such as "while i've never personally worked with XYZ, i think their work is crap and i'd never deal with such a low vender with pisspour results and service" i'm sure some would take offense to that. ;) however, I highly doubt that was your response and I'd have to agree that while you are taking the high road, if i were in the search for a vendor like this, I'd be darn sure I DIDN'T pick that one. :thumbsup2 Opinions, and constructive critisim, are facts of life in the real world and if this vendor gets bent out of shape for someone who hasn't even used their service, imagine how they would react if we had a difference of opinion on the product he/she produced?!?!?!? Not someone i'd like to work with.

jennifer

DecemberBride
06-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Last I checked this was America and everyone has an opinion and we are all entitled to speak our opinion. Granted, an opinion such as "while i've never personally worked with XYZ, i think their work is crap and i'd never deal with such a low vender with pisspour results and service" i'm sure some would take offense to that. ;) however, I highly doubt that was your response and I'd have to agree that while you are taking the high road, if i were in the search for a vendor like this, I'd be darn sure I DIDN'T pick that one. :thumbsup2 Opinions, and constructive critisim, are facts of life in the real world and if this vendor gets bent out of shape for someone who hasn't even used their service, imagine how they would react if we had a difference of opinion on the product he/she produced?!?!?!? Not someone i'd like to work with.

jennifer

You're right, it would be a little crazy to say that stuff after never working with them, but my comment was not even in the same universe as saying something like that... it was not even mean or malicious. It was said after I gushed about how absolutely beautiful the vendors products were and how wonderful I thought he was and it would be great to work with him... I mean I was so nice and then I give an opinion which wasn't even bad and BAM! I get zeroed in on! Who cares about the nice stuff I said, right?

Goldeelox9
06-10-2008, 12:05 PM
I will be reviewing every vender I work with, bad or good! So they better watch out! LOL :rotfl2:

IndyBride
06-10-2008, 12:50 PM
It's been a while since I've checked in on your PJ. I'm sorry you had to deal with crappiness! I hope the rest of your planning is smoot sailing!

DecemberBride
06-10-2008, 01:03 PM
It's been a while since I've checked in on your PJ. I'm sorry you had to deal with crappiness! I hope the rest of your planning is smoot sailing!

It will be... thanks for the kind words!

DecemberBride
06-10-2008, 01:06 PM
I will be reviewing every vender I work with, bad or good! So they better watch out! LOL :rotfl2:

As the way it should be! I can't wait to read your vendor reviews... hows the planning going?

disneychickforever
06-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Wow...see what I would've said is "I'm leaving MY opinions on MY wedding journal. If you want to add more publicity to my opinon and damage your reputation more, well you go right ahead." Lol. I can be a sweet girl, but not when it comes to violating rights...

It's terrible that they did that to you, but we are all on your side, and Karma will get them, don't worry. :)

Let's think happy thoughts now. I want to hear more about your plans! I never heard of a Wishes DP before, so that sounds interesting to me :)

EpcotSweetHrts0512
06-10-2008, 01:44 PM
BOOOO for the bad vendor! Anyways, your PJ still looks great and I have enjoyed reading it all! :)

DecemberBride
06-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Wow...see what I would've said is "I'm leaving MY opinions on MY wedding journal. If you want to add more publicity to my opinon and damage your reputation more, well you go right ahead." Lol. I can be a sweet girl, but not when it comes to violating rights...

It's terrible that they did that to you, but we are all on your side, and Karma will get them, don't worry. :)

Let's think happy thoughts now. I want to hear more about your plans! I never heard of a Wishes DP before, so that sounds interesting to me :)

Thanks for your support... it was just taken way out of context by someone and it is now in the past... I hope.

Actually, shezfrombermuda gave me the idea... I have to give her the credit. She's having a DP on the Gf patio. I haven't looked very seriously into it yet, but I'm in a bit of a pickle... My whole wedding is based around the Epcot Resort area... SBP and Shula's at the Dolphin, I'm already speaking with my WP about the French (leg) in Epcot for my DP. I mean it makes more sense to do it at Epcot, but I'd like to be different, plus the GF and it's grounds are soooo beautiful, plus I like it better, but it makes more sense to do it at Epcot where my guests are concerned.... I just don't know... I might decide not to do one at all... lol. I'm a complicated, nondecision-making person! :lmao:

DecemberBride
06-10-2008, 02:08 PM
BOOOO for the bad vendor! Anyways, your PJ still looks great and I have enjoyed reading it all! :)

Thanks for reading! I've been having fun writing it!

Lisacope
06-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Thanks for your support... it was just taken way out of context by someone and it is now in the past... I hope.

Actually, shezfrombermuda gave me the idea... I have to give her the credit. She's having a DP on the Gf patio. I haven't looked very seriously into it yet, but I'm in a bit of a pickle... My whole wedding is based around the Epcot Resort area... SBP and Shula's at the Dolphin, I'm already speaking with my WP about the French (leg) in Epcot for my DP. I mean it makes more sense to do it at Epcot, but I'd like to be different, plus the GF and it's grounds are soooo beautiful, plus I like it better, but it makes more sense to do it at Epcot where my guests are concerned.... I just don't know... I might decide not to do one at all... lol. I'm a complicated, nondecision-making person! :lmao:

I am having a Wishes Dessert Party at the GF Marina Patio - My DH's favorite fireworks party is Wishes so that's why we chose it!

Goldeelox9
06-10-2008, 09:40 PM
As the way it should be! I can't wait to read your vendor reviews... hows the planning going?

LOL....I will only have a few Vendors. The Floral Department, the Cruise Planners...Maybe Disney Floral....Shutters Photography. But don't worry I will write about it all! My Planning is going good. I am getting sooo close...Well 4 months and 3 weeks close..LOL :rotfl:

DecemberBride
06-10-2008, 10:02 PM
LOL....I will only have a few Vendors. The Floral Department, the Cruise Planners...Maybe Disney Floral....Shutters Photography. But don't worry I will write about it all! My Planning is going good. I am getting sooo close...Well 4 months and 3 weeks close..LOL :rotfl:

You're closer than me! YAY!

DecemberBride
06-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Another update...

I just got off the phone with Rosie from Disney Floral and I'm soooo happy! :cloud9: We've pretty much cemented everything for the ceremony and reception as well as photography.

For the ceremony I'm having ribbons on the rails leading up to SBP (thanks Ember!), I'm swagging the archway, having petals on the walkway, and having ivory chair covers with alternating hot pink and medium pink sashes. I asked Rosie if she thought this was too much. She said no, but told me that I shouldn't add anything else because then it would be. I'm glad I decided to have these things, because I like the idea of it looking weddingly, but classy. I can totally picture exactly what it will look like! Any thoughts from you ladies about it being too much? If anything I will take away petals on floor, but maybe add them for our guests to throw, so I can get great pics! Also we're doing the sand ceremony through Disney and having hot pink sand and light pink sand (DF is thrilled with all the pink! :rotfl: )

For the reception I will have the floral from the swagging brought to Shula's and placed on our tables. In addition to that I'm having two more table arrangements with pink roses in square glass bowls (low) with glass pebbles. Also, we're having votive candles placed between arrangements. We're having Mickey rice krispie treats tied with pink ribbon by each place setting. My mom and I are also buying mickey ornaments from DTD's Christmas Shoppe the day we arrive and we will make them how we want them and those will be our favors.

As for the infamous photography... I'm sooooooooooooo happy! :thumbsup2 Rosie knew of my anxiety over the issue and she did everything she could to make me feel like it would be awesome! I'm obviously having the basic two hours of photography that comes with my package, but I am adding the black and white/photojournalistic pacakge which gives me a second photographer and another 20 print album. Then I'm adding another hour onto my regular photographer so I don't feel rushed and can take lots of pretty pictures. I'm also upgrading to 40 print albums for both photography packages. On top of all that craziness (I'm beginning to feel better about not having the MK bridal shoot, :( mean parade taping!) I'm debating getting the keepsake photos or the high res CD. $750 IS steep, but I want those rights! I probably will anyway, eek! :scared1: This photography thing is working out pretty darn well if I do say so myself. I guess everything happens for a reason... ;)

PrincessBride010103
06-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Johanna I'm so happy that you've gotten your photography crisis solved. $750 is steep, but you know you're gonna want it....I know I would! SBP is gonna look so pretty...I can't wait to see your pics!

DecemberBride
06-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Johanna I'm so happy that you've gotten your photography crisis solved. $750 is steep, but you know you're gonna want it....I know I would! SBP is gonna look so pretty...I can't wait to see your pics!

You don't think it's too much, honestly? Yeah, I know I'll want that CD, but it's soooo expensive! :faint: But if I'm spending a lot on photgraphy to begin with I'm gonna want to enjoy my pics, I guess, right? PLus I'm a scrapbook/photo album nut...

PrincessBride010103
06-12-2008, 05:04 PM
You don't think it's too much, honestly? Yeah, I know I'll want that CD, but it's soooo expensive! :faint: But if I'm spending a lot on photgraphy to begin with I'm gonna want to enjoy my pics, I guess, right? PLus I'm a scrapbook/photo album nut...

The cd is expensive, but you aren't spending extra $$ on an outside vendor now :) I always find a way to justify spending money :lmao:

And no, I don't think it's too much at all...I think it's going to be sooo pretty

DecemberBride
06-12-2008, 05:06 PM
I do too:lmao: Or I just fill the holes... for example, no MK bridal shoot, that's okay, we'll just add a honeymoon session and add three things to the basic photography package that is included! Let me tell you DF and my dad are thrilled to be whipping out the checkbooks! :rotfl:

Maggimus
06-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Hey gal! I was just reading some of your PJ. I think thats really crappy that a vendor would do that. I know we have had makeup vendors do that here before. However when you mentioned a HE- i couldnt help but think of officiants.

DecemberBride
06-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Hey gal! I was just reading some of your PJ. I think thats really crappy that a vendor would do that. I know we have had makeup vendors do that here before. However when you mentioned a HE- i couldnt help but think of officiants.

Nope, not an officiant... wouldn't that be ten times worse for man of God to act that way? :rotfl2:

Maggimus
06-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Nope, not an officiant... wouldn't that be ten times worse for man of God to act that way? :rotfl2:

well that's a relief!

DisneyFairy19
06-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Hey Joanna.. your wedding is going to be spectacular.. I cant wait to see the photos of SBP.. its going to look gorgeous

DecemberBride
06-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Hey Joanna.. your wedding is going to be spectacular.. I cant wait to see the photos of SBP.. its going to look gorgeous

Aww, thanks for coming over and reading! I love your wedding plans! I re-read parts of your PJ last night, just so I can see your dress! ;) We still have to have lunch with Amanda!

roseviolet
06-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Hi Johanna! I didn't want to pirate: skylarr's thread anymore so I thought I'd take a look at your PJ. Sounds like things are coming together for you. Sorry about the vendor drama. I mostly just wanted to say I live in Palm Beach County but my DF's whole family lives in Miami which is why I went shopping on Miracle Mile.

DecemberBride
06-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Hi Johanna! I didn't want to pirate: skylarr's thread anymore so I thought I'd take a look at your PJ. Sounds like things are coming together for you. Sorry about the vendor drama. I mostly just wanted to say I live in Palm Beach County but my DF's whole family lives in Miami which is why I went shopping on Miracle Mile.

Oh ok, so you know Miami then though... I'm glad you came over and read my PJ. Slowly but surely it's all coming together...

DisneyFairy19
06-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Aww, thanks for coming over and reading! I love your wedding plans! I re-read parts of your PJ last night, just so I can see your dress! ;) We still have to have lunch with Amanda!

Yes we need to do a lunch with amanda, that would be fun!!!!!!!!!!!

PrincessBride010103
06-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Yes we need to do a lunch with amanda, that would be fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes and Amanda is always hungry so whenever you two wanna go :lmao:

DecemberBride
06-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Yes and Amanda is always hungry so whenever you two wanna go :lmao:

PM me your email addresses and let's see if we can set something up before baby Eric comes and mommy Amanda has no time for us disbrides! :goodvibes

Mermaid_Ariel
06-16-2008, 08:56 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!! That sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pretty for SBP!!!!!! I can't wait to see your pics!!!

DecemberBride
06-16-2008, 09:05 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!! That sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pretty for SBP!!!!!! I can't wait to see your pics!!!

Thanks! I hope it looks good, I just don't want it to look "too" decorated, you know? :confused3

PrincessBride010103
06-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Thanks! I hope it looks good, I just don't want it to look "too" decorated, you know? :confused3

shut up! it's going to look superb! (wow did I just use the word superb??) :rotfl2:

IndyBride
06-16-2008, 01:03 PM
It will look fabulous! And, I'm glad you feel better about your photography. It can't be good going into your wedding feeling uneasy about it!

DecemberBride
06-16-2008, 03:21 PM
shut up! it's going to look superb! (wow did I just use the word superb??) :rotfl2:
Yes, you did say superb, but I appreciate it! :rotfl:

alissa2008
06-16-2008, 03:29 PM

I agree with Amanda & Val -- I think if we had the extra cash, I would want the swags too!! :thumbsup2 But, since from the beginning I was all "just the basic escape package is fine" and now we've added 2 outside venders and petals in the aisle, on the cake table...blah blah blah... ha. Yeah, I can't justify adding the swag, no matter how much I want to! :rotfl:

DecemberBride
06-16-2008, 03:38 PM
I agree with Amanda & Val -- I think if we had the extra cash, I would want the swags too!! :thumbsup2 But, since from the beginning I was all "just the basic escape package is fine" and now we've added 2 outside venders and petals in the aisle, on the cake table...blah blah blah... ha. Yeah, I can't justify adding the swag, no matter how much I want to! :rotfl:

I justify it by saying the flowers from the swag will be going to Shula's for our reception! :lmao: Instant centerpieces... too bad I added more stuff over there too! Shh... don't tell my DF or I'm going to be in so much trouble! :eek:

DecemberBride
06-17-2008, 01:52 PM
My mom and I went invitation shopping yesterday. She's heading out of town for almost the entire summer and we needed to get invites picked out and ordered because when she comes back we only have a few weeks before we need to send them out and address them. So, we hit a bunch of invitation boutiques and they had some gorgeous stuff, but nothing we both agreed on. I wanted pink invites, that had some sort of vellum paper incorporated into it. I wanted it to be casual and classy. My mom thought the same, but she kept picking out things that had no pink on them. She would just pick them up because she liked them... :confused3

Anyway, I saw nothing I liked... actually I should say, nothing I loved! Money wasn't an that big of a deal, because we're having such a small wedding I could have gotten letterpress if my heart was into it, but nothing stood out to me.

So, I remembered a little disbride bird (;) ) telling us all about how she found Martha Stewart invites (thanks Toni!) and I remember how cute they were. Then I remembered how they were sold at Michaels down here. So, I thought we should head over there to investigate and see what we could find and what we thought of DIY invites... something that never crossed my mind!

We walked in and by Golly, on our way to Martha's aisle we found the Brides Magazine collection of wedding stuff. I looked and saw MY invitations. They were pink, they fit into a pink flowered vellum sleeve, they had a bow, and they were classy, and casual! I did the happy dance right then and there! :cool1:

Here is the main invitations...
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/MYinvites.jpg
The bow at the top of the invite will be pink and tied completely different...
Also, with the kit comes response cards and envelopes. The set came in 40 and I don't need all those, so half the response cards will be made into reception cards!

Here are the seals... I don't know if I will use them yet, or have a different seal. Opinions?
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/seals.jpg

I also bought matching thank you cards. They're cute, but I only bought them because they matched. I'm not in love with them. I also bought picture thank you notes, so we can put our fav wedding pic in it and send it to our guests. Tell me which ones you like better, please!
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/thankyounotes.jpg
OR...
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/thankyounoteswithpic.jpg

I also bought the DIY program kit from Michaels.
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/programs.jpg

I'm going to wait a bit to see if I find some in pink, but I think they're really nice and I like how they have different pages and then tie together. Thoughts?

I find it so funny that I decided to do this all myself. I mean, I guess it's good that I have a great printer and the templates for all this can be found on their website, but still... ME? Making my invites... I'm so not "crafty". I like to pay people to do things for me! JK! :lmao: I'm doing a mock-up tonight on the computer for the invites and the response and reception cards... I'll post them as soon as I can figure it all out!

The most hard to believe part about all this is that I got all the mentioned items for like 70 bucks because it was 25% wedding items! :woohoo: I'm still in shock! :faint:

jennifaerie
06-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Oh, I LOVE those invites! They're beautiful (even if they're Martha Stewart! :rotfl:)!! I love the flowers. Perfect!

I like the seals; they match. The color is perfect, and they go with the flowering. So I'd say go with those.

I like the thank you's for the very same reason-- they match. But if you'd prefer to add your picture, like in the second ones, I'd say get those. It doesn't matter if they match, and if they were pink, it'd probably take away from the picture.

DecemberBride
06-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Oh, I LOVE those invites! They're beautiful (even if they're Martha Stewart! :rotfl:)!! I love the flowers. Perfect!

I like the seals; they match. The color is perfect, and they go with the flowering. So I'd say go with those.

I like the thank you's for the very same reason-- they match. But if you'd prefer to add your picture, like in the second ones, I'd say get those. It doesn't matter if they match, and if they were pink, it'd probably take away from the picture.

Thanks for your opnions, you have a point about matching and the pink taking away from pic. Thanks! The invites and stuff actually were Brides, not Martha Stewart, so it's okay to like them! :rotfl:

DisneyBrideToni
06-17-2008, 02:11 PM
wow your floral sounds just like mine. Of course I had Rose too! Except Im not having the chair covers.

jennifaerie
06-17-2008, 02:16 PM
YAY! I was hoping you'd correct me! :rotfl:

They are truly beautiful. I love the little flowers. If I wasn't doing the fall theme, I think I would have wanted something like that. After all the searching you've done, I think these are definitely the ones!

If it makes you feel any better, my thank you's don't match at all. The thank you cards that went with the invitations were just the response cards. So we liked the lampshade ones and decided to get those.

DecemberBride
06-17-2008, 02:23 PM
YAY! I was hoping you'd correct me! :rotfl:

They are truly beautiful. I love the little flowers. If I wasn't doing the fall theme, I think I would have wanted something like that. After all the searching you've done, I think these are definitely the ones!

If it makes you feel any better, my thank you's don't match at all. The thank you cards that went with the invitations were just the response cards. So we liked the lampshade ones and decided to get those.

That does make me feel better... I don't want to be too matchy matchy! :rotfl:

DecemberBride
06-17-2008, 02:25 PM
wow your floral sounds just like mine. Of course I had Rose too! Except Im not having the chair covers.

I love pink! i can't wait to see your floral!

DisneyFairy19
06-18-2008, 08:57 AM
absolutely beautiful Joanna... Post some pics of you and the DF!!!!

PrincessBride010103
06-18-2008, 12:18 PM
absolutely beautiful Joanna... Post some pics of you and the DF!!!!

&& The kiddos! popcorn::

DisneyFairy19
06-18-2008, 12:21 PM
&& The kiddos! popcorn::

I want popcorn too Amandapopcorn::

DecemberBride
06-18-2008, 01:02 PM
You ask... you shall recieve! ;)

First up is DS Mason, who is the younger of the twins... I think this pic was at Epcot, but not sure. Somewhere in Disney in January.
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/000_0011.jpg

Next up is DD Madison, who is the older twin (duh!) It's a super close up of her, but I love it because of her eyes...
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/100_0051.jpg

Brandon is next. He is three and awesome!
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/000_0002.jpg

These next are my favs of everyone! The guy in the pics is my DF and their dad (another duh! But these days anything goes, so I thought I'd clarify... I am not promiscuous! :rotfl2: (sp?) )

On the carousel in Downtown Disney!
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/100_0002.jpg

All three cuties at our house...
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/100_0040.jpg

Mason after eating something good (and orange)
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/100_0052.jpg

Madison looking adorable and Daddy looking a bit tired... :rotfl:
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/100_0091.jpg

I don't have any pics of us together on this camera DS card, but I will download some soon, promise! So here is one of me in Animal Kingdom in january. Keep in mind, I've lost 20 pounds! :lmao: I feel the need to add that, so just imagine me on my way to being skinnier!
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/jokline14/100_0011.jpg

There you go Amanda and Christina!!!!!
Hope the popcorn was good! popcorn::

PrincessBride010103
06-18-2008, 01:38 PM
popcorn::

They are soooooooooooooooo cute! :goodvibes

You and DF aren't too shabby either :rotfl2:

DecemberBride
06-18-2008, 01:50 PM
popcorn::

They are soooooooooooooooo cute! :goodvibes

You and DF aren't too shabby either :rotfl2:

You're sweet! :hug:

DisneyFairy19
06-19-2008, 03:23 PM
your babies are adorable...

jennifaerie
06-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Charmers and heartbreakers, all of them! :lovestruc

DecemberBride
06-19-2008, 05:29 PM
your babies are adorable...

Thank you so much! Can't wait for out lunch! It'll be great meeting you! :hug:

DecemberBride
06-19-2008, 05:30 PM

Thanks so much! They're a handful, but awesome! :goodvibes

alissa2008
06-19-2008, 09:56 PM

I agree, they are too adorable!! :cutie:

DecemberBride
06-19-2008, 10:04 PM
I agree, they are too adorable!! :cutie:

Thanks! :goodvibes

Crown_princess
06-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Sounds like things are really moving along. Thanks for posting on my PJ!

I lost 10 lbs in the past year. Losing 20 must have been very difficult! I bet you are really proud!

I'm sorry I missed the pics of your dress when they were up. I hope you are having fun planning and don't get too nervous as the day approaches. I was shocked this morning when I realized I'm now at 8 months 3 weeks!

It seems like yesterday was 12 months!!

DecemberBride
06-22-2008, 02:48 PM
Sounds like things are really moving along. Thanks for posting on my PJ!

I lost 10 lbs in the past year. Losing 20 must have been very difficult! I bet you are really proud!

I'm sorry I missed the pics of your dress when they were up. I hope you are having fun planning and don't get too nervous as the day approaches. I was shocked this morning when I realized I'm now at 8 months 3 weeks!

It seems like yesterday was 12 months!!

Thanks for coming over and saying hi! :goodvibes

10 pounds is awesome!!!!! YOU must be really proud!

My dress pics were taken down because they were all thoughts and options, but I finally bought a dress from david's, so if you'd like to see it... I'll send you the link. :thumbsup2

I'm just under 6 months and it's like flying by... 8 months will go quicker than you can imagine! Can't wait to read more about your plans!

kingLouiethe1
06-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Wow, it took me a while to get to the end of this thing! Congratulations on everything, from getting married to the weight. I know its not easy, I used to be 40 lbs. heavier than I am now, however right now I'm aiming to get back to my ideal weight which is 20 lbs lighter. Personally I blame my man, I was in great shape when we met, and suddenly getting together seemed like it was more important than exercising, and at the time it was :love:

DecemberBride
06-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Wow, it took me a while to get to the end of this thing! Congratulations on everything, from getting married to the weight. I know its not easy, I used to be 40 lbs. heavier than I am now, however right now I'm aiming to get back to my ideal weight which is 20 lbs lighter. Personally I blame my man, I was in great shape when we met, and suddenly getting together seemed like it was more important than exercising, and at the time it was :love:

WOW! 40 pounds... hat's off to you! I have a lot more to lose, but I'm getting their slowly.. thanks for yur support and stopping by! :hug:

DecemberBride
06-23-2008, 11:10 PM
So, I've decided to do away with the swagging at SBP. I originally thought that it would make it more wedding like, but I've decided to leave it as is... Where they put the swagging is like the focal point of SBP and I would hate for it to look cluttered... I'm keeping the rose petals (for now) and definitely keeping the ribbons on the railings (thanks Ember... Gosh, I love how that looks!). I'm still having the chair covers and sashes, and that's mostly because I think it will pull it all together. Plus, I have those chairs at my house for when we have outside parties and it would remind me of BBQ's not my wedding! :lmao: I saw that someone upgraded to the wooden folding chairs (Toni?) and I can't remember the price for that upgrade fee... if anyone could tell me that would be great, because if the upgrade fee is less than the chair covers I can definitely deal with those wooden chairs over the white plastic ones.

I had originally planned on swagging also, because the floral can be brought over to Shula's for my dinner reception, but my mom is making those centerpieces and they will probably be more my style if she makes them. I trust Rosie, but my mom is awesome will flowers and I can make sure we get exactly what we want doing it this way... plus we can have trial runs and roses will fill my house! ::yes::

PRPrincess1081
06-24-2008, 06:32 AM
First off I want to say Congrats!
I am also having an Escape Wedding at SBP April 2009.
I plan on using the chair covers now that I have seen pictures I think it makes it all come together.

I was wondering if you can tell me alittle about Shula's and if you have any pics of where your reception would be held i would really appreciate that.

DisneyFairy19
06-24-2008, 08:25 AM
Joanna are you doing Shulas in Main Street?
I love that place... I am sure your wedding is going to be beautiful with or without swagging. you have great taste

DisneyBrideToni
06-24-2008, 09:33 AM
It was me!!! The wooden chairs are $6.00 each. ;)

DecemberBride
06-24-2008, 10:11 AM
First off I want to say Congrats!
I am also having an Escape Wedding at SBP April 2009.
I plan on using the chair covers now that I have seen pictures I think it makes it all come together.

I was wondering if you can tell me alittle about Shula's and if you have any pics of where your reception would be held i would really appreciate that.

PM your email and I will send you pics from the room I will be using and tell you anything you want to know! ;)

DecemberBride
06-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Joanna are you doing Shulas in Main Street?
I love that place... I am sure your wedding is going to be beautiful with or without swagging. you have great taste

They have a Shula's on Main Street? I never knew that... My Shula's is the steakhouse in the Dolphin. It is awesome! So beautiful and really great food and wine... :goodvibes What does the Shula's on Main street have?

DecemberBride
06-24-2008, 10:15 AM
It was me!!! The wooden chairs are $6.00 each. ;)

Thanks! Oh, so they are less than the chair covers... hmmm... do you have any pics of them?

PRPrincess1081
06-24-2008, 10:30 AM
PM your email and I will send you pics from the room I will be using and tell you anything you want to know! ;)

thank you I just did!

DisneyBrideToni
06-25-2008, 03:45 PM
They are very similar to this. This isn't disney's chairs but they look the same.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g229/Dancefever1978/resin_folding.jpg

lurkyloo
06-25-2008, 04:37 PM
Thanks! Oh, so they are less than the chair covers... hmmm... do you have any pics of them?

The only problem is, there's a delivery fee for the wooden chairs. I don't know how much it is for SBP, but for my wedding it was actually cheaper to go with chair covers than pay for white chairs plus a $150 delivery fee...

PhilHarMaestro
06-25-2008, 08:38 PM
Actually, I thought Rosie told me yesterday that the fee was $190, but I could have misunderstood.

DecemberBride
06-25-2008, 08:49 PM
The only problem is, there's a delivery fee for the wooden chairs. I don't know how much it is for SBP, but for my wedding it was actually cheaper to go with chair covers than pay for white chairs plus a $150 delivery fee...

:POP: There goes that plan... popped my bubble! LOL... jk, thanks for letting me know!

DecemberBride
06-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Actually, I thought Rosie told me yesterday that the fee was $190, but I could have misunderstood.

For the delivery charge?

DisneyFairy19
06-25-2008, 09:35 PM
LOL DUHHHH of course it would be at the Dolphin.. But I am talking about the one in Main Street in Miami... I should have put Miami from the beginning.. well not really Miami its in Palm Springs North of Hialeah

DisneyFairy19
06-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Joanna I Love those white wooden chairs and 6 bucks isnt bad.. I wanted the Chivari chairs and those were $15.00.. so that went out the window..lol

DecemberBride
06-25-2008, 10:04 PM
LOL DUHHHH of course it would be at the Dolphin.. But I am talking about the one in Main Street in Miami... I should have put Miami from the beginning.. well not really Miami its in Palm Springs North of Hialeah

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: OMG, too funny! I was like, wait, what? So confused... silly us! Yes, I have been to the one down our way, that's why I was so excited to have my reception there! Love the food, love the look, love it all. Plus ,me and DF are HUGE football fans! Like obsessed! ::yes::

Mama of Indybride
06-25-2008, 11:12 PM
I just read your entire PJ. :surfweb:

Was that a Pal Mickey I spied in the picture of you with that stroller?

I LOVE my Pal Mickey! I got him for my nephew when we went in January, but I kept him for my own self!

I bought him the non talking version, he never knew the difference!

And my DD bought me the sweeeetest Pirate outfit for him, complete with a sword!

Pal Mickey Rocks! They should have one for DLR and DCA!!!

DisneyBrideToni
06-26-2008, 12:25 AM

OHHH That is good to know!! I wonder if I will be switching to the chair covers and sashes...LOL. I wanted the chair covers in the first place but my mom is paying for floral and I didn't want to break the bank...lol

meryll83
06-26-2008, 03:09 AM
... and definitely keeping the ribbons on the railings (thanks Ember... Gosh, I love how that looks!).

Do you have any piccies of this?

Sounds veeeeeeery interesting and I don't think it's something I've seen before...

Do you also have any piccies of the chair covers at SBP? I've only seen them at other locations, presumably they're the same are they?

DecemberBride
06-26-2008, 10:08 AM
I just read your entire PJ. :surfweb:

Was that a Pal Mickey I spied in the picture of you with that stroller?

I LOVE my Pal Mickey! I got him for my nephew when we went in January, but I kept him for my own self!

I bought him the non talking version, he never knew the difference!

And my DD bought me the sweeeetest Pirate outfit for him, complete with a sword!

Pal Mickey Rocks! They should have one for DLR and DCA!!!

That was in fact a Pal Mickey... I love him! He plays games with kids still, 6 months after we got him! He'll be joining us next trip as well!

DecemberBride
06-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Do you have any piccies of this?

Sounds veeeeeeery interesting and I don't think it's something I've seen before...

Do you also have any piccies of the chair covers at SBP? I've only seen them at other locations, presumably they're the same are they?

PM me your email, and I'll send them to you

MyMelody
06-26-2008, 11:22 AM

:rotfl: I love you Christina!! :rotfl2: I was like Shulas on Main Street? Wow there is a Shulas now on Main Street when I realized your talking about the one right by my house :lmao: you through me off and mind you I live right by the Shulas it's in Miami Lakes...

DecemberBride
06-26-2008, 11:43 AM
:rotfl: I love you Christina!! :rotfl2: I was like Shulas on Main Street? Wow there is a Shulas now on Main Street when I realized your talking about the one right by my house :lmao: you through me off and mind you I live right by the Shulas it's in Miami Lakes...

I know, it totally throuh me off! You're lucky to live by Shula's! So good!

PhilHarMaestro
06-26-2008, 06:02 PM
yes, the $190 was for the delievery fee, but like i said i could have heard her wrong (I'm not always a good listener! :rotfl: ).
Also, do you have a pic of the ribbions at SBP, I've never seen this. I'm also doing Ivory and Pink chair covers and pink rose petals for the aisle! :) I'm considering petals on the cake table too, but am still undecided.
BTW: did you ever decide on a cake?

DecemberBride
06-26-2008, 06:05 PM
yes, the $190 was for the delievery fee, but like i said i could have heard her wrong (I'm not always a good listener! :rotfl: ).
Also, do you have a pic of the ribbions at SBP, I've never seen this. I'm also doing Ivory and Pink chair covers and pink rose petals for the aisle! :) I'm considering petals on the cake table too, but am still undecided.
BTW: did you ever decide on a cake?

Yes, but it's not from the list... I'm having mine custom.

I sent meryll the pics of the ribbons too, so send me your email... but i just want to make sure to give credit where it is due, again! Ember deserves all the ooh's and ahh's it was her wedding that I discovered them! Thanks Ember!

ilovepeanut
06-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Hello Johanna. I think you're swell :rotfl2:

DecemberBride
06-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Hello Johanna. I think you're swell :rotfl2:

NO! I think you're swell!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

OceanGdss
06-26-2008, 09:25 PM
lmao!

DecemberBride
06-26-2008, 09:30 PM
lmao!

:lmao:

PhilHarMaestro
06-26-2008, 09:34 PM
Thanks so much for the pics. YOU'RE QUICK!!!:rotfl:

OceanGdss
06-26-2008, 09:35 PM
:lmao:

yeah..im a late comer lol

DecemberBride
06-26-2008, 09:37 PM
yeah..im a late comer lol

Hey, better late than never, my friend!

tiggerrifficheidi
07-11-2008, 06:19 PM
After seeing all the ADR's I was making for actual sit down places, I upgraded from basic Disney Dining to Deluxe. Has anyone used Deluxe Dining before? How did you like it?

Hi! I just caught up with your whole PJ. I don't think I saw any answers to your DDP question. We did the Deluxe Dining Plan during our Escape wedding last month. DH remembers my last words one night before falling asleep was "Never Deluxe Dining Plan again!" :rotfl2: It was SOOO much food! Of course, now that I'm almost a month past the trip, I'm drooling again at all the restaurants you mentioned.

You get three meals and two snacks a day. You can use your meals at counter service or table service. Of course, the biggest "bang for your buck" is the table service. If you're at a table service, you get a non-alcoholic drink, an appetizer, a main course and a dessert. At many places, the drink could be a milkshake! So, we found ourselves GROSSLY overeating every day.:sick:

Of course it was REALLY good! If you eat at a signature restaurant (Artist Point, California Grill, etc.) it takes two of your credits. We had plenty of food, because we would also pick up snacks that we would take home for the night (we were NEVER hungry) and then eat them for breakfast (or grab a snack in the park for breakfast). That way we had extra credits for the signature restaurants.

For any of you gals who have used Disney photography... were your photos in your albums retouched? Did they make them look perfect for your album?

I got my album the very next day, so it wasn't retouched, and they weren't always my FAVORITE shots (but many were). Still, I can easily switch them out. I did get the CD with all the images. It's nice to have, because I have OPTIONS!

DecemberBride
07-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Thanks for responding.... I think we're going to keep deluxe because we're eating at like 4 signature places, so , we'll get out money's worth. Thanks for all the advice, I will remember it when I'm so stuffed I can't move and think of you! :rotfl:

how much did you pay for your CD with the photos on it? If you don't mind me asking.... if you had waited for your album, would they have been retouched?

Thanks girl!

Cinderella Fan
07-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Johanna - I just caught up with your PJ and everything is lovely.

I get married at the WP in December 2006 - and it is just beautiful with the Christmas decorations. It just adds a little something... ;)

We got married on the 21st, and that day it was 85 degrees!! :lmao:

tiggerrifficheidi
07-12-2008, 03:52 AM
how much did you pay for your CD with the photos on it? If you don't mind me asking.... if you had waited for your album, would they have been retouched?

I received a .pdf file with photo information titled "International Escape Wedding Photography." I don't know if it's different than the one you get, because I live overseas, or if it's just what they call their photography. But, anyway, on my brochure, it says the "Jasmine" package is included in Escape Weddings, which includes:

One white Disney-themed twenty (20)-print 4x6 album
One high-resolution CD

So, it wasn't extra for me. I'm not sure if it's that way for everything, but I would ask.

You would have to ask about retouching, too, but if they don't, and you get your images, it's very easy to retouch. The only thing I felt like retouching (anyway) was the shiny spots on my face! :scared1: I have oily skin. People keep telling me that's good, because my skin won't age as quickly. :confused3 We'll see...

DecemberBride
07-13-2008, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the info... I'll ask, but it sounds like it's a special for international brides, which is a totally cool perk, by the way! Thanks again! ;)

DisneyBrideToni
07-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Hey!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if you were still thinking of doing the folding chairs but I got my floral BEO and 28 chairs were $140.00 but there was a delivery charge of $215.00!! I am dropping the wooden chairs...:rotfl:

Tink_Kel
08-29-2008, 03:46 PM
Hi Johanna! I had to come by and check out your PJ...your wedding is going to be beautiful. The site you chose was my favorite too!

Oh, and congrats on the weight loss!! I guess W.I.S.H. will be my next stop. You should be very proud of yourself!

Last but not least, your kiddo's are adorable!! My kids are leaving WDW after the first couple of days too, so we can have a proper Disneymoon! (Though mine are quite a bit older (ds 15 & ds 18)

Oh yeah, and one more thing regarding your proposal....:lmao: don't you know, it's all about the food? :rotfl2: My DF is happy as long as there's a bunch of good places to eat! Our reception lunch will be a Cheeseburger in Paradise. :rotfl:

DecemberBride
08-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Hi Johanna! I had to come by and check out your PJ...your wedding is going to be beautiful. The site you chose was my favorite too!

Oh, and congrats on the weight loss!! I guess W.I.S.H. will be my next stop. You should be very proud of yourself!

Last but not least, your kiddo's are adorable!! My kids are leaving WDW after the first couple of days too, so we can have a proper Disneymoon! (Though mine are quite a bit older (ds 15 & ds 18)

Oh yeah, and one more thing regarding your proposal....:lmao: don't you know, it's all about the food? :rotfl2: My DF is happy as long as there's a bunch of good places to eat! Our reception lunch will be a Cheeseburger in Paradise. :rotfl:

I've been slacking on the PJ... thanks for stopping by!

It's totally about the food with DF!!!!! All he cares about is his stomach!

It'll be sooo great without the kids, hate to say it!!!!!!

Can't wait to read more about your plans!

Tink_Kel
08-29-2008, 04:31 PM
It'll be sooo great without the kids, hate to say it!!!!!!

Never feel bad wanting some special time to yourself! I've been a single mom for the last 11 years, and I loved it soooooooo much when my boys would go to their dad's for a few weeks in the summer. I love them to death, but geeze-louise, did I need a break!!

You have a wonderful Disneymoon, and bring them back lots of surprises!! ;)

DecemberBride
08-29-2008, 04:43 PM
Never feel bad wanting some special time to yourself! I've been a single mom for the last 11 years, and I loved it soooooooo much when my boys would go to their dad's for a few weeks in the summer. I love them to death, but geeze-louise, did I need a break!!

You have a wonderful Disneymoon, and bring them back lots of surprises!! ;)

Thank you for the kind words! You have fun too!

keenercam
10-15-2008, 08:22 AM
Hey, Jo! Just wanted to resurrect your wonderful PJ to wish you luck on all your planning. I can't believe how close it is. You must be so excited! :banana: :bride: princess:

DecemberBride
12-13-2008, 12:38 AM
Well, done with the wedding and haven't been on here in ages.... maybe a TR should be started?:goodvibes

I just have to say I will do some vendor reviews because Disney was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

lorimay
12-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Hi Johanna,

I just wanted to tell you that you were a stunning bride!!!! :flower3:

I am glad you had a wonderful wedding and honeymoon!

Eric's Grammy

DecemberBride
12-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Hi Johanna,

I just wanted to tell you that you were a stunning bride!!!! :flower3:

I am glad you had a wonderful wedding and honeymoon!

Eric's Grammy

You're the sweetest! I hope to see you in January on your trip... we will be there the same time as you guys! Looking forward to giving tons of kisses to that grandson of yours! Love him! Thanks for saying hi! :cutie:

pjstevens
12-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Jo,

Please start your TR!!! Dying to see more pics of you and Dustin (and the kids)! :goodvibes

DecemberBride
12-14-2008, 06:03 PM
Jo,

Please start your TR!!! Dying to see more pics of you and Dustin (and the kids)! :goodvibes

PM me your email adress and I will send you a link to my pro pics! :goodvibes

I will get on my vendor reviews and TR soon! Still gathering pics to complete the story!

Mocharilla
12-15-2008, 11:11 PM
YESSSSS! You should definitely do a TR! :goodvibes

I want to hear!

DecemberBride
12-16-2008, 10:21 AM
YESSSSS! You should definitely do a TR! :goodvibes

I want to hear!

Hey yoU!!!!!!!!!! If you say so, I shall do it!

tinks_1989
02-21-2009, 12:17 PM
hi have you started at tr i am planning a SBP escape wedding and would love to see yours

DecemberBride
02-21-2009, 05:13 PM
hi have you started at tr i am planning a SBP escape wedding and would love to see yours

I have started, just have not posted... :rolleyes: I will try to get it on here soon! I'm off to your PJ to see what you've planned. SBP is gorgeous! :thumbsup2

alissa2008
04-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Hey Jo - sorry I haven't responded to your texts, I've been working some crrrrazzzzy hours and by the time I leave the cell-signal-black-hole, it's super late.

Been hanging in there - you? :)

DecemberBride
04-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Hey Jo - sorry I haven't responded to your texts, I've been working some crrrrazzzzy hours and by the time I leave the cell-signal-black-hole, it's super late.

Been hanging in there - you? :)

The same! Glad to hear back from you and that you're doing well! :goodvibes