PDA

View Full Version : Park Trip Planning Help Question

Whitaker24
04-04-2008, 11:18 AM
This will be our 1st trip in 4/09, just wanted to ask what is a good # of rides, and attractions to see at each park on a given day? Reason being my wife says "he would like that" too many times on our WDW itenary(sp) on the home page site. We have taken some off based on UOGuide readings and just thing we didnt think he would like but lets say we have 15 places at magic kingdom and plan on doing 2 days would only 10 be reasonable? or say 15 at MGM and only doing one day would 6 be more logical?

Thanks

Tnkrbelle565
04-04-2008, 11:49 AM
I hope I'm understanding you correctly. Are you trying to figure out how many rides/attractions you can fit in in a day? Well how old is your child? There are many attractions in MK that DD rides over and over again. We usually take 3 days to do MK for that reason. However, we could actually finish most of the rides in 1 full day if we only did them once. BUT, we go in September when you could walk onto the rides. In April, it will be much busier (current wait times are listed at 50 minutes for the rides). Depending on your child's age, you will have to factor that in and try to budget as much time as possible for MK. Epcot is a one day park for us because my DD doesn't care too much about exploring the countries. If you child is a little older and would enjoy that, you may want to schedule 2 days for Epcot. AK is a one day park. MGM can take 2 days to finish if you see all the shows. The shows are timed so it's quite difficult to see them all in one day because the times overlapped. Also some of the rides (Great Movie Ride, Muppets, Backlot Tour) take quite some time. Also depending on your child's age, you'll have to factor in afternoon naps/swim breaks and meal times. Hope that helps

terriluvsbobby
04-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Hello. I just had to reply, because we are going to start our WDW vacation on the same day as you! :thumbsup2

I think that you should try to make a top 10 list of attractions that are a must for your family. Use the UG for tips on achieving this goal.

It may take 1 day or 2 days depending on the crowds, heat and your stamina.

The best thing you can do is plan for park day. Your family will be happy not disappointed and exhausted.

:dance3:

dvczerfs
04-05-2008, 05:07 AM
if your staying at a wdw resort, go to the park that open 1 hour early, just check to see what is open, you can get on 3-4 thing before the park opens to the general public. decide what land your going to before you go and make your rounds. try not to land hop to much, youll spend alot of time just walking back and forth. and dont worry, you will be hooked like everyone else and you wont even be unpacked and your start plaining your next trip! have fun!!

Aliceacc
04-05-2008, 06:20 AM
Someone else gave me great advice:

Go through all the info, and have everyone decide on their 2 MUST SEEs.

When you get to the park first thing in the morning, head first to the biggest Must See and get a FastPass for it. While you're waiting for that, head to #2 right away. So you have immediate access to your top 2 rides in the first hour or so in the park. Then hit #3 and 4 the same way: fastpass one while you wait for the other.

But plan it out so you'll be able to do it fairly efficiently.

Forgive me if this reads like one of those "Duh!" posts. But I had honestly never really thought it out until someone else mentioned it.