PDA

View Full Version : airtran question

MickeynMinnie
04-02-2008, 06:47 PM
will airtran change your flight for you or is there a fee to do it??? like we booked a flight leaving Buf @ 6:40 am and getting into MCO @ 2:00 pm
they now have a flight thats gets in at 10:40am... what do you think my chances are if i called and asked to switch flights?

simzac
04-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Wouldn't hurt to ask:goodvibes

tkoran
04-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Check their website. I believe one of the links they have tells you the terms, which I think is a $75 charge per ticket for any change. I tried to check, but I'm having problems accessing their rates right now.

cbrfan
04-02-2008, 06:58 PM
They do charge a change fee, as well as any applicable increase in fare. If your trip isn't for several months, they may change your flight schedule. In that case you can call them and they will change you to a flight that you prefer at no charge. I don't know what time the flight that gets in at 10:40 leaves, but if it's earlier than your flight you can stand-by for the earlier flight. If there's room, you can take the earlier flight for no additional charge.

MickeynMinnie
04-02-2008, 07:13 PM
They do charge a change fee, as well as any applicable increase in fare. If your trip isn't for several months, they may change your flight schedule. In that case you can call them and they will change you to a flight that you prefer at no charge. I don't know what time the flight that gets in at 10:40 leaves, but if it's earlier than your flight you can stand-by for the earlier flight. If there's room, you can take the earlier flight for no additional charge.

OK... we are flying in May. the flight would be the same going from Buffalo to Atl. we have the earliest flight out of BUF its the flight out of ATL that we have wait for. we get into ATL @8:26 AM and don't depart to MCO until 12:46... so i was just looking for an earlier flight from ATL to Mco

My boyfriend booked the flights because he suprised my with this trip for my Birthday and me being the crazy Disney planner that i am i need to make everything just right now!! lol

thanks for all your advice! :thumbsup2

cbrfan
04-03-2008, 10:48 AM
OK... we are flying in May. the flight would be the same going from Buffalo to Atl. we have the earliest flight out of BUF its the flight out of ATL that we have wait for. we get into ATL @8:26 AM and don't depart to MCO until 12:46... so i was just looking for an earlier flight from ATL to Mco

My boyfriend booked the flights because he suprised my with this trip for my Birthday and me being the crazy Disney planner that i am i need to make everything just right now!! lol

thanks for all your advice! :thumbsup2

I've never done stand-by for the second leg of a flight, so my best suggestion would be to call AirTran directly and ask them. If they say you have to wait until you get to ATL, you will probably only be allowed carryon baggage.