PDA

View Full Version : Dme

M&M2006
04-02-2008, 03:11 PM
we will be arriving at the airport late (10:04) that night and I was wondering how long it will take to get our bags once we got to the pop..... would it be better for us to get our bags and take them on the bus with us or let the magical service take care of it?:confused3

Robo
04-02-2008, 03:13 PM
we will be arriving at the airport late (10:04) that night and I was wondering how long it will take to get our bags once we got to the pop..... would it be better for us to get our bags and take them on the bus with us or let the magical service take care of it?:confused3

I'd go pick up your own bags, being that it is so late, and you'll want them as soon as you check in.

Once at the bus, the driver will stow the bags underneath in the bus' baggage area, and give them to you when you arrive at your resort.

bradk
04-02-2008, 03:14 PM
plan for 90 minutes regardless (although for POP, it should be a bit less) from landing. your bags should be there by midnight, but in case they don't make the cutoff time, they'll leave you a voicemail on your phone (it won't ring, but the message indicator will be lit) and you'll be able to call luggage assistance and have it delivered any time. if you don't, automatic delivery resumes at 8 am.

if you're counting on having your items before midnight/11:30 and you can't take whatever in carryon, then claim your bags, but do not put the yellow tags on them before departing for MCO. baggage with yellow DME tags never make it to the carousel.

CleveRocks
04-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Robo is not wrong. But there is another way to go, another way to look at it. Here's what I do:

let DME handle my bags
pack our carry-ons with everything we'll need for that night and the next morning. It takes up much less room than it sounds, and is also good advice just in case your AIRLINE delays your bags.
when I get to the resort, I ask the front desk AND Bell Services to hold our DME bags until morning.
I call in the morning to have my bags delivered, and they arrive 5 minutes later.

The reason I like it this way is we are usually very tired when we finally land, and the number one thing on our minds is getting to our room and getting to bed. This is especially true when traveling with young children who aren't accustommed to being up so late ... the sooner we get them to bed, the better!

Getting your own luggage at baggage claim can easily delay you by 20-30 minutes (part of this possible delay is that you may well miss the first available bus to your resort and have to wait for the next one). For me and my family, we are happy to NOT delay ourselves with our luggage. We're happy to plan ahead and thus get to our resort ASAP.

Choose whatever method suits you best!

M&M2006
04-02-2008, 03:33 PM
I am liking the idea of bypassing the luggae and going straight for the bus.... so the next morning can I get my bags early around like 7?

bradk
04-02-2008, 04:03 PM
as i said, if they bags arrive beyond the delivery time (which is 11/12), DME will leave a voicemail when the bags arrive, you can call anytime between then and 8 am.

OKW Lover
04-02-2008, 04:56 PM
I'd agree with CleveRocks. His tip about packing what you need for that night and the next morning is a good suggestion no matter where you are going. Seasoned travelers know that things can go wrong and its best to have enough stuff in your carryon to allow you to enjoy yourself if a bag goes astray.

CanadianGuy
04-02-2008, 05:09 PM
This is typically the domain of the folks over on the Transportation Board and as such I'll be moving this there from ThemeParks.

Thanks,

Knox

goofy4tink
04-02-2008, 05:30 PM
I'll second what Cleverocks says....and with POP, it can take much longer than the usual 3 hrs of resort checkin to get the bags. Pack what you need for the night in your carryon bag, tell them to hold your checked bags until the morning. Then call for them the next morning, or go to bell services yourself. Actually, that's a better idea. Luggage service is not all that great at POP. I love POP, I stay there often, but their luggage service is not fast!!!