PDA

View Full Version : Wet bathing suits in carry-on?

tinkntraining
04-02-2008, 10:00 AM
I know this is a crazy question, but with the new security measures (no liquids in carry-on except those that fit the 3-1-1 rule) has anyone ever ran into problems packing wet bathing suits in carry-on? We want to get the most out of our week, and on our last day (flight leaves at 6 pm), we plan to spend the day at the resort's pool after check-out (no park tickets left) and figured we'd just wring out our suits and put them in ziplock bags (but bigger than the quart-sized) and pop them in our carry-on. Our resort has resort check-in and Magical Express, so I don't think our checked baggage will be accessible when it's time to get on the bus.
Any thoughts? I have terrible visions of security thinking we might be trying to sneak "liquid flammables" in our carry-on via wet bathing suits, and pulling out our dripping bathing suits and throwing them in the trashcan at checkpoint!!!!

helenk
04-02-2008, 10:10 AM
We came back with wet bathing suits in October and had no problems, to be honest I had not even thought about it being an issue, since it really is not a liquid. Our suits were just damp, we had them in plastic bags and in our carry ons, and no one said a word.

tinkntraining
04-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Thanks for your experience -- i feel very relieved that we will not be arrested! The real question, I guess, is if I should worry because I DID think of it, lol!

Jillpie
04-02-2008, 11:51 AM
No worries there. But to tell you the truth, with the Florida sun all bathing suits dry in minutes. I would just have everyone get out of the pool ten minutes early and sit for awhile, and dry off. I've never walked away in a soaking wet suit.