PDA

View Full Version : Buy tix on Airtran now?

kjs1976
04-01-2008, 03:12 PM
AT has a sale on right now and the flights we want are at $239 or $249 depending on our dates for late Aug. We need to buy by 4/8. In the past, I've gotten them for $219 at this time of year, but I wonder with gas prices if this is as low as they'll go.

Any ideas????

cbrfan
04-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Airfares are always a gamble, but with fuel prices being as high as they are, it sounds like fares being within $20-$30 of what you're used to paying is in the ballpark. If you're comfortable with that amount, I would book now and watch for a further price decrease and try to get a credit for the difference. If it doesn't happen, you've still got the flights you want for a price you're OK with. But if fares go up, you'll be glad you booked.

pbharris4
04-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Have you tried Southwest Airlines?

Nedebpats
04-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Just to remind people to keep checking their flights even after they are booked. my daughter, two grandaughters and I are going in July and I booked my one way flight on Air Tran non stop leaving at 11:33am. Today I just happened to check and realized my flight was set to leave at 6:51 pm and not getting in till 10pm.

I called and told the reservationist that it was unacceptable because I had an appt at 5:50pm (of course I didn't tell her it was with Mickey). She changed us to the only other non stop leaving at 8:51 AM. I did not receive an e-mail like my original reservation confirmation said would be sent out if the flight was changed.

So everyone keep checking your flights.