PDA

View Full Version : taxi vs town car, MCO-Swan and back

dmwang9
04-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Hello all --

I'm staying at the Swan in June, and I"m trying to decide how to get from MCO to the hotel and then from the hotel back to MCO at the end of the trip.

Last time I was at WDW, I hired a town car (which was really nice), but I'm wondering if I could save some money by taking a taxi instead. I'd be giving up the grocery stop that the town car offers, but I'm thinking that I could place an order with Garden Grocer instead.

Many thanks in advance,
Dave

goofy4tink
04-01-2008, 03:16 PM
I don't think the taxi is going to all that much cheaper than a towncar. I always use a towncar when I stay at the S/D, with that grocery store stop.

Scrubba2
04-01-2008, 07:30 PM
We were thinking the same thing when I got a great deal at the Swan last summer. I ended up spending a little bit more by using the money I would have spent on a taxi or town car and applied that to a night at the YC so we could use the ME (and the pool!) and then walk to the Swan in the morning. In my head, I considered it a "deal" on the YC! It worked out great!

kirbsam
04-02-2008, 09:22 AM
there is no cost savings to using a taxi.

Lewisc
04-02-2008, 09:25 AM
We were thinking the same thing when I got a great deal at the Swan last summer. I ended up spending a little bit more by using the money I would have spent on a taxi or town car and applied that to a night at the YC so we could use the ME (and the pool!) and then walk to the Swan in the morning. In my head, I considered it a "deal" on the YC! It worked out great!

You still have to get back to the airport.:confused3

CarolA
04-02-2008, 10:05 AM
I would take a town car. Flat rate.

if you get stuck in traffic (like for a car accident) the meter keeps running in a cab..... it can get very costly very fast.....

TaraPA
04-02-2008, 02:47 PM
When we stayed at the Dolphin last December a taxi was $55 each way from MCO, a town car anywhere from $85-$120 round trip, so no savings with a taxi.

dmwang9
04-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Many thanks to everyone who has replied.

It sounds like a taxi won't save much money at all. Factor in the grocery stop, and it looks like a town car is the way to go.

Plus, I must admit that riding to WDW in a chaffeur-driven luxury car is an awesome way to start a vacation!