PDA

View Full Version : Delta stroller FEE?

minniemee
04-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Does anybody know if Delta will be charging the 25.00 fee for gate checking a stroller? Or does the fee only apply to regularly checked luggage?
Thanks in advance for the info!:thumbsup2

KATIESMOMMY
04-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Does anybody know if Delta will be charging the 25.00 fee for gate checking a stroller? Or does the fee only apply to regularly checked luggage?
great question, would love to know also!

tbrenk73
04-01-2008, 01:57 PM

Good question. I would like to know if that counts for checking a car seat as well.

Lewisc
04-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Car seats, for lap-babies, don't count against the allowance if they're gate checked as per the current CoC

If no ticket for the infant is purchased, Delta may, at its discretion, accept the seat for
transportation in the passenger compartment if space is available. If no space is available, the child seat
restraint must be checked as baggage at the gate, and will not count against the passengerís checked
baggage allowance.

There is no similar exception for strollers. Given the unfair way Delta is going about these changes I wouldn't count on a consistent policy of not counting the stroller against the passengers baggage allowance. Some GA may let it slide but if Delta was planning on a general exception they'd have it in their CoC.

tbrenk73
04-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Car seats, for lap-babies, don't count against the allowance if they're gate checked as per the current CoC

There is no similar exception for strollers. Given the unfair way Delta is going about these changes I wouldn't count on a consistent policy of not counting the stroller against the passengers baggage allowance. Some GA may let it slide but if Delta was planning on a general exception they'd have it in their CoC.

I probably should have been more specific. It would be a car seat (for a child with a paid seat) that is checked when the luggage is checked.

minniemee
04-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Thanks LewisC for the reply! I will be bringing my stroller either way, but just preparing for the extra fees so I'm not blindsided with them at the airport!
I guess we will also have to pay extra to bring my husband's golf clubs!
This vacation budget is growing by the minute!!!! :sick: